Docparser Ratings

Overall

About Docparser

Docparser is a document data capture solution built for today's modern cloud stack. Automatically fetch PDFs or scanned documents from various sources, extract specific data fields or tables, and move the parsed data to where it belongs in real-time. Getting started with Docparser is easy! Moving your document data to hundreds of cloud applications is a snap as well thanks to various cloud integrations and our API. And of course you can also download your data in Excel, CSV, JSON or XML format. Learn more about Docparser

Scott K.
Branch Manager
Banking, 201-500 employees
February 2, 2018

“So much time saved!! I'm fairly new to Docparser, but can say that it has saved me so much time.”

OverallTime and money saved by automating the input of sales lead information into our CRM with Salesforce. It's awesome.
ProsThe ease of setting up a new document is fantastic. The biggest issue I've had in the past with other services is that it is rarely consistent with the accuracy when parsing the information. I use it to pull information from sales leads that come in by email with a PDF attachment that contains the lead information. My process in the past was to have to manually type the info into a spreadsheet or into my Salesforce account directly; which is very time consuming for my clerical staff. I've automated this process by having the email automatically forwarded to my Zapier account, then they Zap it to Docparser. Docparser then works their magic and sends it back to Zapier that takes the accurate information and uploads it to my Salesforce and starts the lead followup campaign and notifies me that there is a new lead to contact. I tried other services in the past, but if there was any variation in the information on the PDF (even one extra space) the information was not accurately parsed. I've set Docparser up and have run 100s of leads through it with 100% accuracy and no need to tweak anything. It is worth every penny and has saved me an absurd amount of time and money spent on paying my staff to manually input the information; not to mention, it allows me to get back to the potential client in a matter of a couple minutes from the initial inquiry time. Thank you Docparser! PS - The Customer Support department rocks too. They were very helpful!
Marta A.
Small Business Owner
February 14, 2018

“I use the software to scan pdf invoices & orders for a retail gift store and create inventory lists.”

Overalltime savings. I'm trying to bring a store that was operated for 25 years without an inventory system into a modern age.
ProsI like being able to have multiple document templates as each vendor tends to have their own "take" on what is useful to include in an invoice or order and formatting can vary a great deal. Therefore, my templates are not based on vendor name - they are based on the data found in the invoices. Example file names: "line-qty-units-isbn13-desc-discount-level-ext-dollar" or "line-qty-desc-unit-ext-float" Vendors aren't always consistent from invoice to invoice. They may be using software that resizes table columns to fit the text, which means you have to adjust your table format slightly each time to ensure the parsing is correct. That's easy to do. The forums and Q&A resources are usually helpful and I've found them responsive to email.
Cons1. The UI for making changes to the template. I hate the popup box routine at the end of making a change. It takes a lot of mouse clicks. 2. I've never gotten the subtemplates to work. (see note above about vendor formats being inconsistent.) Subtemplates "supposedly" take care of minor variations and can be grouped according to a vendor name. Maybe this works for other customers, as it is a great idea. 3. There are a lot of little tweaks to be made that aren't obvious to improve character recognition. Why not start with the highest level of quality (ie. turn on OCR) at the start? If that makes file size a problem for storage or performance when processing a lot of files at once, walk people through how to "downgrade" to an acceptable level or establish a recommended number of files not to exceed some size limit. For example, during a trial scan there were no extra spaces or funky characters in the document but then I figured out about half of the "6s" had been transformed to "8s" - not terribly helpful. I want to be able to trust the result rather than having to proof hundreds of line items. 4. Given the inconsistencies I have with the input data sources, I don't think I'll be able to automate the parsing tasks - such as grabbing attachments from email automatically. Again, I have a small business, so I'm OK with the workaround.
Paul B.
Engineer
Plastics, 11-50 employees
April 29, 2019

“Docparser for Business Process Automation”

OverallThe reason we implemented Docparser was to reduce our manual order entry work load and to reduce errors which typically occur during manual entry. We've been able to reduce our sales order manual order entry work load by 50% which helps us cope with our peak order entry periods much better. We've found that the work practices of our customers impact the the ability of the Docparsers to parse documents successfully. Some of our customers print and scan orders and send us scanned copies so the quality of the documents can vary. We have greater parsing success with customers who send orders generated by their business systems. Overall we are very happy with Docparser. It was relatively simple to implement, helps us cope better with high order entry periods and times when staff are on leave.
ProsRelatively easy to implement. Very powerful and able to parse most documents. The system is able to do a webhook which means it's not necessary to poll for parsed files although it can do a polled architecture as well.
ConsDoes not implement OAuth 1.0 two factor authentication. We've implemented a fully automated system where customer orders are automatically forwarded to Docparser from our email server. Docparser then parses the pdf and forwards the data in JSON to an outward facing Suitelet in Netsuite. This Suitelet then does a Restful integration using OAuth 1.0 to a Netsuite Restlet. The Suitelet handles the required two factor authentication. The Restlet loads the order to Netsuite.
April 29, 2019
Mike G.
Software Developer
Industrial Automation, 201-500 employees
April 25, 2019

“DocParser Rocks!”

OverallWe are using the email feature with a purchase order pdf file that is sent to DocParser, the document is parsed and connected to a webhook that triggers a Node Red flow and automatically creates customer orders. The technical support has been awesome. Each time I ask for assistance, the response from technical support is usually within a few hours, which is very acceptable.
ProsThe ease of use and ability to connect to DocParser to webhooks and node.js has been very beneficial for us. Having the ability to parse documents multiple times has helped us set up and adjust the parsing rules. The software is solid and very accurate.
ConsThere is an occasional instance where a parsing rule cannot determine the field and value on the document that needs to be parsed. Most of the time this is due to the scanning of the pdf file and quality of the scanned document.
April 25, 2019
Adam L.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees
February 27, 2019

“Thank goodness there is something that does what DocParser does”

OverallThey have been very easy to work with.
ProsWe need to manage thousands of PDF invoices and were typing up the details manually. We found Docparser and it has been a amazing. We created parsing rules that allowed us to take very fragmented data and get it into an orderly format that can be pulled into excel. There are multiple PDF formats and all could be pulled in with Docparser through their flexible tools. We are converting about 3500 invoices per month but expect this to grow significantly in the future. This tool is giving us a simple way to grow our business because it is automating tasks that used to take hours. The best part is our previous process was prone to errors which this eliminates. In my searching for solutions, I did not find anything else that would do what Docparser does that would be simple, cloud based and affordable.
ConsIt took a bit of time to set up the templates but nothing that seemed out of the ordinary for the fragmented data we were trying to convert.
February 27, 2019
AMISH Z.
Hospitality, 201-500 employees
December 27, 2018

“Best solution i've found... so i upgraded”

OverallI've tried several services now, this got me to where i wanted to go and it works flawlessly with MS Flow or Zapier... so i upgraded and will go full in on DocParser.
ProsDocParser's approach to creating parsing rules has been the BEST fit for what i use it for. Delve fully and explore all the available methods and you'll find a way to extract the data you want.
ConsSometimes line by line changes take an extra second to save and the pages take an extra second to load, adding to the overall time it takes to set something up. I'm sure speed will improve over time, the product makes up for this shorterm annoyance.
December 27, 2018
John T.
Business Manager
Construction, 1-10 employees
July 3, 2018

“Amazing functionality”

ProsHas a lot of flexibility to identify data that may be displayed in multiple ways using a dictionary of words to detect what you are looking for. DocParser has allowed us to extract data from purchases and put it into a database to analyze for future purchasing needs.
ConsI have nothing bad to say about DocParser thus far. If you think there is a feature that's lacking I suggest browsing their documentation because I learned I was doing a work around for a feature they had already implemented (different layouts under the same parser).
July 3, 2018
Management Consulting, Self-employed
May 10, 2019

“Clever PDF parsing”

OverallI'm using Docparser to extract addresses, dates, and rows of costs and refunds from receipts. The data is processed by Zapier and forwarded to Google Sheets. This allows me to have automatically updated pivot table reports available in the Sheet. IFTTT watches the Sheet and sends a push notification to my phone when new data is available.
ProsFirst of all, the ability to extract data with variable text position seems like a small detail, but is actually a huge time saver if your source documents are not laid out exactly the same every time. In another parsing service I had to painstakingly create multiple parsing templates just to accommodate unexpected lines of text appearing above the content I want to extract. Second, the ability to extract tables in a structured format is really valuable for processing the extracted data. I use Zapier for processing, and the data neatly appears as line items in the Zapier flows. Automating manual data entry saves a lot of time, and time is money. For business, the pricing is competitive and in most cases provides way more value than it costs.
ConsThe parsing rule editor does the job well, but could still be improved upon to streamline the workflow further. The lowest pricing tier is a tad high for personal use cases.
May 10, 2019
Jarrett R.
Accounts Payable Software Administrator
Accounting, Self-employed
May 3, 2019

“Satisfactory and Effective Software (3 months of use)”

OverallI'm helping a business owner get organized with their invoices and they have loved the help that Docparser allows me to provide. I don't see my use of Docparser stopping because it's a fundamental tool to the service that I'm providing.
ProsAll of my questions were fairly easy to find in the documentation, and it fit the task that I was trying to accomplish. When building filters, or integrating data, I hit snags-as is expected-but there are so many different ways to extract the important information (and get it where it needs to go) that has all have been fixed. It has a very intuitive interface, and it seems to do all the things that I hoped it would do.
ConsI had a customer service question that got a response, but then the person never got back to me after the initial contact. The problem has apparently gone away, but I wasn't wild about the exchange.
May 3, 2019
Samuel M.
Data Analyst
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
December 3, 2018

“Developer friendly”

OverallApart from the ability to parse documents, I am very impressed with the integration tools especially the API that I am using at the moment. I can connect Qlik Sense Desktop directly to Docparser API, and that makes my workflow a lot easier and faster. I found the Layout Model is a bit confusing. For example in a Layout Model, when I click at "Add Parsing Rule" I am expecting to see a list of parsing rules that I can copy or create a new one.
Pros- User-friendly interface. - Easy to use. - Does not require much time to understand the process. - A lot of integration tools.
Cons- API documentation should have been more example. - I could not find the way to copy an existing parsing rule into a Layout Model. It would be better to be able to copy and alter an existing one rather than creating from the ground up. - For a large organisation, it will be quite a lot of parsing rules; it would be nice if I can search or categorise the parsing rules.
December 3, 2018
Nupur P.
Owner and cofounder
Food & Beverages, Unspecified
July 19, 2018

“Unbelievable functionality power packed in one software, Excellent customer service”

Overall worth of invoices were processed in 4 months.
ProsVariety of tools for post processing documents. One can slice & dice the data gazillion different ways.
ConsPreprocessing documents, especially OCR, may not be Docparser's strongest suite. Having regex capability during preprocessing can also solve many business needs.
July 19, 2018
Michael R.
Vice President
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
June 4, 2018

“Smart software that can handle everything I throw at it. ”

OverallStreamlined data entry.
ProsRule creation is easy. Rules are robust. Software is very intuitive. Connected app opportunities are plentiful.
ConsHaven't found any Cons yet. Anything I've taken issue with has been addressed quickly by the support team.
June 4, 2018
Tom K.
Growth Hacker
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
August 29, 2016

“Docparser Review”

OverallFor loading up PDF's that have the same layout, this is really useful. You can batch the processing and get the info you want in return. Then you can send it to Google Sheets, or download it, or send it to Zapier, etc. lots of possibilities.
ProsEasy to use interface, and also the OCR works well. You can also dump data into Google Sheets with their native integration. They also have a Free option for low volume users.
ConsCould use some more documentation of how to type stuff and use case. Would love a tutorial video, as it would help walk me through, although there was a step by step in-app prompt. Could use "Paid Support/Setup" options so I can just farm out the work to their team.
Recommendations to other buyersIt is a recent launch, and they seem to be really responsive in feedback and open to development to fit use case.
August 29, 2016
Ryan K.
Designer, Founder, Owner
Design, 1001-5000 employees
February 1, 2018

“Setup an automation thru zapier to take pdf contracts and extract needed informations.”

OverallSaved hours of time and ensured I got paid for every sale
ProsIt allows me to automatically pull needed content from pdf contracts that are emailed to me as a sales rep, and let's me input that into my crm
ConsIt has a lot of options and possibilities, so it's not exactly straight forward, but it is easy enough to figure out
Brad E.
Consumer Electronics, 11-50 employees
February 6, 2018

“Excellent tool that saves us tens of hours of work per month”

OverallSaved loads of time for our team.
ProsThrough integration with Zapier, Docparser has saved us a massive amount of labour that was being expended by one of our account managers. We've automated the bulk of the admin related to our largest client.
ConsWe've found a couple of small bugs, but overall the software is fantastic. It can be a little tricky to set up, and took many small adjustments to get it right but their software makes it simple to make those small adjustments until it works just right. That is more related the type of docs we use it for than the software itself. It would be very easy with docs that are consistently formatted.
February 6, 2018
John v.
Managing Director
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees
July 10, 2019

“Great Parser”

OverallOur company receives weekly about 800 transport orders and all send in PDF format, it isn't possible for our client to change the format so we have to found solution for process PDF format orders to XML or CSV to use it in our TMS. Docparser provide a solid program for us and reduce our order entry time but more important the quality for processing is 100% because al is going automatically! Docparser is easy to use and most important they have a good support team, quick and good answer by questions. For sure we will recommend Docparser for everybody but for our competitors we keep it quiet !
ProsEasy setup and enough options for upload and downloading data!
ConsEuh after 5 minutes still nothing, it works easy and very functional for my team.
July 10, 2019
Roberio Bandeira de M.
Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees
July 2, 2019

“Excellent Piece of Software”

OverallExcellent!
ProsIt's stable and there is no other like it in the market.
ConsNothing, it[s just great. So far so good!
July 2, 2019
TJ L.
Solution Consultant
Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees
June 18, 2019

“Perfect for Automating Data Entry”

OverallMy experience with Docparser has been excellent. The software has eliminated hours of data entry and the customer support team has been very responsive to any questions I have had.
ProsDocparser is intuitive and incredibly easy to implement. It is reasonably flexible, so changes can be made quickly as needs evolve. Love the immediacy of being able to see the results of a parsing rule.
ConsIt would be useful to be able to reorder parsing rules. You can create new rules between existing rules, so it is easy enough to get what you need, but the ability to reorder rules would save time.
June 18, 2019
Samantha L.
Administrator
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
March 15, 2018

“Easy to use and usefull”

OverallIt was really easy to learn how to use it.
ProsIt is well organized and intuitive, and it is really fast to find what i am looking for and allows me to save time.
ConsThe colours in the page are limited and i was not be able to find tutorials in differents languages, like spanish.
March 15, 2018
Andrew J.
Digital Coordinator
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
February 1, 2018

“Excellent for our use case”

OverallAutomating manual processes.
ProsDocparser does exactly what is says it does. Smooth interface, plenty of options to turn a flat doc into usable data. We love that this can automate what would be such a manual process.
ConsThis is not necessarily a con but it would be great to have the option to drop documents based on attachment size (for example, if the document was 1kb - empty data doc), don't process it. It would be also handy to have the ability to handle duplicate documents. I.e. don't process if document has already been sent.

By Docparser on February 2, 2018
Thank you so much for the great feedback Andrew! A more sophisticated email attachment filter is definitely a good idea.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
April 1, 2019

“Makes CRM integration easy”

OverallThis has save hours every week performing data entry and eliminate human error.
ProsThe interface and functions are easy to navigate and it is flexible enough to take data provided by a business partner in PDF form and convert it for easy import into our CRM with a Zapier Zap. This previously took hours every week of manually data entry. Now the process is completely automated.
ConsThe regular expression search and replace doesn't work exactly as I would expect. I had to create multiple regex search and replace filters that should be possible in one. It could be a misunderstanding on my part.
April 1, 2019
Johnette H.
Legal Services, 1-10 employees
March 10, 2019

“Parsing .pdf files”

ProsThis is one of the coolest and fun to use tools I've ever seen. I highly recommend it to anyone who has lots of invoices or other documents to parse.
ConsThis software is not ready for big time users. I had 50k+ files to parse, and the constraints around input set size and output set size were too restrictive for me to work effectively. If you are going to be a big time user, I suggest you have a discussion with their support about the various limits. Admittedly, my situation is not their standard use case. But it works beautifully if you fit within their limits.
March 10, 2019
Information Services, 11-50 employees
September 27, 2018

“Great product”

ProsIt's relatively quick to set up parsing jobs with a minimum of technical ability. I'm always looking for low-code ways to automate workflows. There isn't another solution out there that is really comparable as far as I know.
ConsIt's not meant for high production short term jobs, their pricing is set up more for a steady volume, and the credits purchased each month don't roll over. But for creating multiple, recurring, steady volume jobs it's extremely well worth it.

By Docparser on October 4, 2018
Thanks for the review! I just wanted to let you know that we actually offer one-time purchases for jobs starting at around 20k+ documents.
September 27, 2018
Andy M.
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
February 1, 2018

“Sweet software. Easy to use. Very effective. Hugely labor saving.”

OverallWe saved 60 man hours per month.
ProsThis was designed like I would have designed it except even better. These guys are visionary. We quickly designed a process that saved us 80 hours per month in labor.
Phil P.
Design, 1-10 employees
February 22, 2019

“Great Service for Processing Documents and Building Custom Workflows”

OverallThe overall experience is great. Pretty solid results and no loss of data that I know of.
ProsThis is pretty easy to use and makes processing documents easy. The features are robust and the possibilities are endless. It does take some experimenting to get the forms to parse correctly but the website makes it easy to see your results when testing your data filters
ConsThe cost seems a bit high for how we are using it but the value of what it does is there. We don't use it to its fullest potential.
February 22, 2019
Rickard U.
Account Manager
Accounting, 1001-5000 employees
October 26, 2018

“Not for Swedish langue”

OverallI've email there support, i did receive additional funds for a test, but no answer what so ever. They say that one should email there support for additional help and improvement, but no answer, on several emails. (I did tried them for a year or two, still no changes.) I've bought a month for test... and still no answers/support.
Pros+ The pricing model + The feature rich extraction, for all data
Cons- No support for Swedish - No support org-nr (if VAD ID is not present.) - No support for full lenght dates (in Swedish) like "1 Oktober 2018" - No support for swedish payment methods like PG or PG - Doesn't handle "improved" readable numbers with space, eg invoice nr "123 456 476"

By Docparser on November 2, 2018
Hi Rickard, thanks a lot for the review! I'm surprised to hear that you didn't hear back from our support staff. I'm seeing your emails in our support desk software and our staff was replying within a couple of hours to each of your requests. Furthermore, our support desk software indicates that you opened the emails. Can you please double-check if you can find our responses? Regarding the Swedish language parsing, this is definitely something you can do with Docparser. In our response to you we explained how to set this up.
October 26, 2018
Mikkel B.
Head of Facebook Marketing
July 31, 2018

“Docparser is very powerfull in its ways of setting up robust rules to extract correct data”

ProsDocparser has alot of rule options which makes it very easy to create robust rules so you are sure you get the correct data extracted even if the documents are not exactly the same. There are also alot of integration options. I use webhooks and it works perfect and is easy to use. I integrate to integromat with the webhook.
ConsThe pricing is a little bit too high for small business in my opinion. I cannot really find anything else :-)
July 31, 2018
Akash P.
Maker
Accounting, 1-10 employees
February 4, 2019

“Document parsing made easy”

OverallWe were looking for pdf parser solution, started with custom code, but not able get the get the accuracy of docparser. It does one thing and does that really well.
ProsEasy to use UI tool to write parsers. It takes very less time for me to write a new parser and integrate with the system
Cons- lack of version control for a parser. - lack of support for password protected documents. Now it only supports for a static password that can be configured in docparser.
February 4, 2019
Isaac S.
Consultant
May 3, 2018

“Full Marks; Lifesaver”

OverallSaved a ton of time.
ProsI loved the ease of use. The process of dragging and dropping, identifying which columns of the bank statements I needed to extract into Excel, and then converting PDF scans into a flexible Excel that could then be adjusted into a CSV for importing into QBO became super simple and efficient with DocParser.
ConsMy only complaint is that DocParser collects its fees in USD which is a bit inconvenient for us Canadians.
May 3, 2018
charles l.
VP Strategic Planning & Operations
April 18, 2018

“amazing”

ProsIt makes office jobs easier by formatting what ever PDF files you want into EXCEL with a blink of an eye. It's quick, it's super easy and anyone can do it. So reliable. I just wish I would have found this site years ago it would have saved me so much time.
ConsThe only thing I do not like is the fact that you can only drop 100 files at a time. It would be even quicker if you can just drop all of your files and just wait for it to save.
April 18, 2018
Greg J.
IT Director
Utilities, 201-500 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
July 30, 2019

“Docpaser ”

OverallVery pleased with the functionality and integration options. Simple to use.
ProsSimple, Easy, and clean interface. Make the job very easy. Helpful support when needed.
ConsHaven't used it long enough to find any real faults
July 30, 2019
Nate C.
Assistant Accounting Professor
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
April 4, 2018

“Docparser was a lifesaver in saving me hundreds of hours of manual data extraction work.”

ProsA had several thousand complicated PDF files that I needed to extract data from, and Docparser ended up being the perfect tool. I greatly appreciate the clean and modern design aesthetic and the dead simple usability and intuitiveness of the tools. In stark contrast to many of the other services out there (and I've dabbled with several), the learning curve here is very minimal. Don't let the simplicity and ease of use fool you though--there is also depth to the tool that easily handled all of my parsing needs. I was also impressed with the customer service, which I have used several times as questions have popped up.
ConsThe customer service email responses weren't always fast, but they were always helpful and thoughtful.
April 4, 2018
Howard A.
EVP/CFO
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees
July 24, 2018

“Very impressed with functionality”

OverallTime saved. More accurate data.
ProsVery flexible and powerful options to extract the data I need from multiple vendors' invoice formats. It is saving significant amounts of data entry time.
ConsWould like the ability to easily search for documents that have been uploaded. Also would like to specific what documents get parsed after making any modifications to layout rules.
July 24, 2018
Rishi P.
Business Development
April 11, 2018

“So far, so good. I like the ability of being able to turn paper into Excel on the spot!”

ProsEasy to use, great price for the value. We used to use AutoEntry, which is a great product, but the having to wait however long it might take would bottleneck us at times when we needed fast conversion. This solves the problem
ConsAs I have not utilized nearly the full breadth of the capabilities of this software, I think my only issue is that sometimes the rules can be a bit confusing.
April 11, 2018
Tony D.
February 17, 2018

“Makes my work life a lot less stressful”

ProsConverting my documents like PDF and JPG into exel format, the software allows you to fully extract the data over to excel. Also allows you to customize what you want to extract.
February 17, 2018
Kevin K.
Accounting, 1-10 employees
August 28, 2018

“Automation made easy”

OverallThe set up was much easier than I initially thought and it just works as mentioned on the website!
ProsFast processing, powerful custom parsing rules, integration to my workflow apps allowed me to automate repetitive data entry workflow.
ConsI think some people may find pricing to be high side of their budget but if you have use case it will worth the money.
August 28, 2018
David A.
eCommerce Architect
Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees
April 13, 2018

“Saves Time”

ProsI love the ability to take different types of documents(mainly Purchase Orders) and parse the data from them. Now instead of manually entering all of that data, it is automatically uploaded to sheets and then to our database.
ConsIt does take some time to learn but it is pretty intuitive. Just stick with it and you'll figure it out.
April 13, 2018
Megan B.
Marketing
February 14, 2018

“Perfect solution for data entry at our small business”

OverallSaves time we wasted doing manual data entry.
ProsIt is very easy to use most importantly during the setup phase. No unnecessary frills. I really like that it gives the option to modify data that it parses before it is downloaded.
ConsMonthly rates can be a little bit expensive for large batches of documents, but it works really well so I'm happy to pay it.
Michael G.
Chief Software Architect
Computer & Network Security, 10,001+ employees
December 18, 2018

“Value from Unstructured Mess”

OverallWith docparser we took control of flood of customer emails and extracted order out of it including various messy pdfs and word docs. Now our docparser based processes allows us to focus on customer service, instead of randomized response by various team members.
ProsAbility to create flexible rules and multiple models
ConsMostly good, some improvement for easier testing may be required.
December 18, 2018
Stephen F.
Systems Analyst Web developer, IT Specialist
February 1, 2018

“I was very impressed with the capabilities of Docparser which exceeded the more expensive options”

OverallExtract data from complicated documents automatically saved lots of time, and and allowed for quicker turnaround times.
ProsAbility to extract data from documents that was impossible with much more complicated & expensive solutions.
ConsThere is no phone support, which would be nice but its understandable though to keep costs low. Email support has been sufficient
Stefan N.
CEO of refundrebel
Legal Services, 1-10 employees
January 20, 2019

“Extracting structured data from PDF was never so easy”

OverallDocparser solves my problem of extracting structured data from a scanned PDF
ProsThe software can be used also by non technical people. The whole extraction / parser process can be configured in an easy way.
ConsI would really appreciate, if unused credits will be transferred to my account for the next months
January 20, 2019
Omar M.
IT Helpdesk
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees
June 25, 2018

“Amazing! looked everywhere for some sort of software for OCR and found an ONLINE VERSION!”

Overallsaves our sales team lots of time making sales order for ceratin PO's we get
ProsIt's Online and not slow at all and honestly does the same as OCR software if not better. No hassle of installation and maintenance.
Consit can't do fax's well, but yet again most OCRs cant. anything other than that I cant see any CONs.
June 25, 2018
Carter M.
March 28, 2018

“Great help to my business needs! Solved from 2 VA's failed to accomplish.”

ProsThe software is very easy to use. You do not need any special knowledge to be able to accomplish your tasks. Also the price is great too!
ConsHave not found a con yet. I enjoy all aspects of the software. Maybe in the future they could add the ability to parse right of a URL link.
March 28, 2018
Victor T.
Purchasing Manager
Retail, 11-50 employees
January 19, 2019

“Docparser saves a lot of time”

ProsDocparser speeds up supplier invoice processing by a large margin. We've automated the process as much as possible which enables us to process more goods in less time.
ConsI can't put my finger on something specific that I don't like with Docparser.
January 19, 2019
Andy L.
Director Of Engineering
Telecommunications, Unspecified
March 21, 2018

“Docparser is awesome!”

ProsThe software is so easy and intuitive. I was parsing PDF files in no time and exporting data into my database. The price is good too!
ConsI have not found anything that I do not like about this software. I really like it due to the fact it is easy and intuitive.
March 21, 2018
February 4, 2018

“Easy to set up”

ProsDoc Parser is quick and easy to set up, had it up and running within 10 minutes, and does exactly what i need it to do.
ConsThe cost for Doc Parser is a little higher then Id like as I only use it for one task but can see the advantage if you had more then this.
February 4, 2018
Lucas L.
Data Scientist
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
February 1, 2018

“By far the best tool in the market.”

OverallThe speed, consistency and indirect benfits of operations improved by 10-fold to say the minimum.
ProsGreat customer support Excellent integration with systems and operational processes in general Works perfectly for simpler cases and at 80% success rate for very compelx cases like mine.
Mark S.
Head Of Business Operations
Consumer Electronics, 51-200 employees
February 2, 2018

“Takes care of the 10% of processes that previously had to be handled manually”

ProsMost things can be automated. However, there are always about 10% of items that fall out of process and have to be executed manually. DocParser has moved us from 90% automation to 100% automation. It gives our team the ability to automate documents that come outside of our normal workflow. We combined the parsing skills of DocParser with ETL tools and are able to automate the upload of forms to our ERP.
ConsThe software is still in it's early stages, so there are a few kinks to work through. However, the team is extremely responsive and helps us overcome any issues we find.
Lars P.
Programmer
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
February 2, 2018

“Great service, no one else does this at this level !”

ProsThe graphic design form, the easy scanning setup and the overall intuitive use of functions and help if stuck
ConsMaybe we could use som more advanced filters, eg. I could use a filter to capture LINEFEEDS/CARRIAGE RETURNS...
Gergely K.
Managing director
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
September 5, 2019

“Great tool for automate your processes”

OverallAlthough we have just started to use it I already see the benefits of the product and the time we can save with the automated invoice processing.
ProsIt can be integrated with other tools and servises easily and the parsing rules work very logical.
ConsSome of the parsing rule templates or and filters are not that intuitive, and takes time to search for the detaild description in the help section. Big help would be if during the creation of the parsing rules I would be able to see the actual data parsed by the rest of the rules applying on that document. So I can see the full picture of the data.
September 5, 2019