Tithe.ly Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.8/5
4.9/5

About Tithe.ly

Managing your church is no joke. Keeping track of volunteers, preparing for your weekly worship service, and managing your church's finances is a tall task. Introducing Tithe.ly Church Management that will help you manage your church, engage your community, and increase giving. And you can now do this with all one tool! Get started today and schedule a demo with one of our specialists. Learn more about Tithe.ly

Kathryn H.
Registered Nurse
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
February 12, 2019

“This software gives you tons of great features with very competitive fees! Highly recommend!”

OverallWe are a small non-profit, and the features mentioned above with the competitive pricing makes this product absolutely essential. If you are shopping for a sharp, easy to use, customizable giving platform, with great rates and useful features, look no more. THIS is a quality product for a great price and I have yet to be disappointed!
ProsThe fees are competitive. When compared to other companies, their prices are equal or lower. The company only charges a fee on actual donations (they DON'T charge a separate monthly fee regardless of donation amounts). They give donors an option to click a box where they will cover the fees for the donation. They also allow donors to set up recurring giving, which is an important option for us. Tithe.ly also tracks all the electronic giving from donors, and compiles it at the end of the year in order to generate tax-statements for non-profits. It is EASY and quick. An additional feature is that you can customize your tax letter, including your logo, and any write-up you want to add to your tax letters. To generate the forms, you input the dates for the prior year, and the forms are generated. You can email them instantly, and have the option to print and mail any letters you choose. This feature ALONE makes this software worth having! The other AMAZING feature is that you can manually input any non-electronic donations into the software. This is a feature many other companies will charge you extra to use. For no additional cost, you can manually input other donations and keep track of ALL your giving in one software program. These manual entries will populate to the same tax form as the electronic giving. This feature makes this an outstanding product. I have also had questions about the software and features. I receive quick replies to my inquiry emails.
ConsAt this point I have not discovered a feature I don't like. I came to tithe.ly after using 2 other giving platform softwares, and this is, hands down, the best I have used. Probably the only drawback is just learning your way around when getting started. There is a fairly extensive options list when you log in, and can be a bit confusing at first. Don't be afraid to select options and see where they lead you. If you feel it is confusing or overwhelming, send an inquiry email or ask your question through the help menu. I had a few questions when getting started. I had quick follow up by emails/chat and even had a customer service agent call me to follow up on my questions/concerns. The agent was polite, professional and very knowledgeable and I have been MORE THAN SATISFIED with this software!
February 12, 2019
Clint B.
Director of Media & Communications
August 18, 2019

“THE CURE for the standard, ancient church giving platforms”

OverallOverall, I love Tithe.ly! We also switched to their ChMS Church Management System and the power of the platform is really exciting!
ProsWhat I like most about Tithe.ly giving is the user interface! It's modern, sleek, runs great on desktop and mobile. The typical church online giving experience has been lost in platforms that provide a user interface that looks like it was built by a non-design-minded programmer from 1990. We wanted to remove any obstacle from our online giving. People are used to great payment experiences online, so ours needed to match that experience. Now it does because we launched Tithe.ly. It has been well received, and the reports from our members have been overwhelmingly positive about how easy it is to use.
ConsFigure out all the little intricacies for migrating data from our old system to Tithe.ly was a bit of a bear. But that's not really Tithe.ly's fault. Also - our finance admin wasn't happy about having to enter checks by hand (scanners do not work with Tithe.ly), but the improved interface we hope will cause more people to move away from physical checks.
August 18, 2019
Greg G.
March 18, 2017

“It's wrong to make your members suffer when they give”

OverallI am embarrassed to say that over the years I have inflicted 3 horrible online-giving experiences on our members. Pastors need trust building experiences with people and after I recommended those online-giving methods that disappointed, I lost trust. All the companies looked great and advertised the right features. But it's true what they say about the details. Even if only one member had a negative or frustrating experience, ten others would soon hear about it and trust my leadership a bit less. Any pastor reading this knows how that works. Being a hobby coder, I decided to learn about online-giving systems myself to see what was causing the trouble. I found out that, just like with clergy taxes, churches have special regulatory and user-issues when it comes to giving and most software companies don't spend the money to have their engineers resolve those, they just change a label (to deceive us) and call it good. But soon enough, inevitable member complaints start to come in. Tithe.ly is supported on the backend by the leading online payment system, Stripe. They have successfully resolved the unique regulatory and user-issues churches have and the company has the technical, fraud prevention and banking infrastructure required for a church. I confidently signed our church up with Tithe.ly knowing they had the foundation and infrastructure to do what needs to be done and now have only praise to give. I have not heard of a single complaint since we started using them. Nobody says anything which is exactly what I wanted in an online-giving option. And yes, giving has gone up significantly. We have a few users who now give several times a week at odd hours, which is weird for me, but evidently completely normal for millennials.
ProsDoes what it is supposed to do.
ConsNone. I like everything about it.
Recommendations to other buyerssee my review.
March 18, 2017
Neal F F.
Director of Communication
Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees
May 9, 2018

“A great experience from day one thanks to personal customer service.”

OverallIt does what it is supposed to do. It works and integrates seamlessly.
ProsBACKGROUND Our synod had just completed a study in online giving. One of the key piece of feedback was support for our leaders without having to go through a phone zone for support only to be told you'll have to look through the support documents on the website. Our results were mixed. THE DECISION TO MAKE THE MOVE TO TITHE.LY As we looked into Tithe.ly as a provider of eGiving solutions, from day one, I was continually impressed with their responsiveness and the level of their customer service we received. If I have a question, I can call ONE PERSON directly. No phone tress. No... you'll have to read our support forum for that answer. Just great, personalized customer service from one representative. They work to get me the best answer. Tithe.ly also has very competitive rates. In other words, we get to keep more of the money that is given to us. Having the option for text giving is helpful in situations when there are emergencies, disasters, or events. We decided to add a personalized app. It is intuitive and the process of building the app was informative and quick. I can't thank the folks building the app enough. Pros: Great Customer Service, Price is fair, and in my conversations with their people, I got the real feeling like this is a company that really wants to be the best they can be.
ConsI have not experienced many negative things with Tithe.ly. Just take your time and ask a question so you fully understand what is being offered and what you can do, if you move forward with a personalized app. Most of the confusion I had around the was on me.
May 9, 2018
Suzanne C.
Lead Pastor
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
September 13, 2016

“Tithe.ly has increased our giving over 50% it's so easy for our members to give using it. ”

OverallEverything from the get go of introducing Tithe.ly to our church has been a great experience. The service is amazing staff are great at getting back to us should we have any questions. Our members find the app easy to use and would rather use this method than cash, check or paypal. It has increased our giving over 50% since introducing it, I believe mainly because people do not carry cash and checks are becoming obsolete. We have found that our members that travel for work or are on vacation are now using the app while away rather than not giving at all. The video's were very useful in introducing the new options of giving and we found that most people switched over from other options to Tithe.ly.
ProsThe back end of the book keeping side is also very easy, at any time we can review giving statements. We are able to have a monthly statement very early in the month which again makes book keeping easier and quicker for reports to the board etc. Whereas Paypal does not have a monthly statement ready until the 10th of the month.
ConsWe don't have any con's I'm sure there is more that we could be using withing the software and don't only due to our people not doing so.
Recommendations to other buyersWe would highly recommend and have to several of our friends in ministry, because of it's ease to implement both on the book keeping side and to the church members.

By Tithe.ly on September 13, 2016
Thank you so much!!! :)
September 13, 2016
Josh E.
Executive Pastor
May 18, 2019

“Considering Mobile Giving? Go With Tithe.ly”

ProsText giving is very easy. You can easily export giving reports on the administrator side.
ConsYou have to search for the church you're giving to and if you're not careful, you can accidentally give to another church that might have a very similar church name. You can't actually view someone's giving profile. Little strange.
May 18, 2019
Jason A.
Co-founder
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
September 16, 2016

“Giving made easy for churches”

OverallDuring a pilot project, we integrated Tithe.ly within our mobile app platform for our clients. One client was able to see 50% increase in giving. Besides that, our clients love the ease of setup, ease of use and responsiveness of the team to implement new features based on needs.
ProsEasy to setup and works well with our mobile app and website system. Our clients love it. Super powerful dashboard and great support. Pricing is simple to understanding. 98% of our clients we refer at happy with their experience. One super cool feature is where the donor can cover the processing fees. Our clients love that. Generally, you almost forget that you have a business relationship with the guys across at Tithe.ly. We experience that and our clients says the same. It also helps when the co-founders believe in Jesus and want to truly equip churches to be more effective.
ConsThat's honestly a really difficult one to state. As a vendor, however, I would love to be able to integrate directly with their platform through an API. This seems to be in the works so not a major issue. Their simple integration works and they already integrate with many systems that our clients use.
Recommendations to other buyersI do recommend that you compare other giving solutions with Tithe.ly, but I think your conclusion is going to be the same like us(and our clients). Tithe.ly software is focused on churches who want to grow without being locked into a particular way of doing things. If you want to continue to work with the tools you love but add a powerful giving solution, then Tithe.ly is it.
Kevin M.
Church Mission
Religious Institutions, Unspecified
December 21, 2016

“LOVE TITHE.LY!!!”

OverallThis is the most simple, elegant solution to challenges facing our churches and its members...in our modern day accepting mobile and electronic payments! Tithe.ly's zero setups and zero monthly giving platform cost option with 5-minute church sign-up make it easy to try with your congregation and see how quickly your church and members can benefit by this simple 5-ways to give the solution! We are seeing 25%+ increase in giving including receiving donations every day of the week. FIVE STARS! Thank you Tithe.ly....keep up the GREAT WORK!
ProsEase of use, simple to get started and tools available to engage your constituents. Low simple price point with cover my fees option that enables the church to increase overall funds raised -- seeing 25% improvement within 6-months of going live with Tithe.ly.
ConsIncreased engagement and mobile alerting customization capabilities....I understand this is being launched by end-of-year 2016.
Recommendations to other buyersNo cost to try it! My advice is to try it and see if it can help your organization with similar results.
December 21, 2016
Russ C.
Design, 1-10 employees
March 22, 2017

“They kill it, every single time. ”

OverallI have worked with Tithe.ly as a church, outside consultant, and as a small business owner. They have always been the best bang for your buck, the most feature-rich platform, and bar none the best customer friendly staff around. While others are worried about competing in the marketplace of apps and giving platforms, Tithe.ly charges ahead on a course all their own, determined to serve their clients well now and into the future.
ProsFeature-rich, cost-effective, friendly customer service, on-demand techs.
ConsNothing at the moment.
Recommendations to other buyersThere are other companies that grow according to their business plan. That is fine and all, but Tithe.ly grows according to their business plan AND market demand. As a customer, client, and business partner, I can say that this is a differentiating factor, as they will respond to your needs in real-time, and deliver before you can blink.
March 22, 2017
Brian R.
Technical Director
December 5, 2016

“Great product, great service, great price”

OverallWe've been using Tithe.ly since Fall 2015, having switched from another online giving provider and reviewing numerous systems before deciding on Tithe.ly. Simply put, Tithe.ly has all of the features we needed from an online giving provider. The fact that they don't have a monthly fee or minimum donation requirements is icing on the cake. It took us all of 15 minutes to sign-up, register our church, set up our preferences, and add their built-in widget to our website. We were able to theme our church to fit the rest of our branding very easily. The best aspect of Tithe.ly is their active development and customer service. Whenever I have a question or run into an issue, they're quick to respond. It's not unusual to get a response late at night or on weekends. They integrate with many of the big church management systems out there, and I've found that they're very receptive to suggestions for new integrations and features.
ProsLow-cost Actively developed Great customer service Easy to set-up Easy to use
ConsMissing a few features that their more expensive competitors have Text giving is a bit more expensive than the competition As with many actively developed solutions, the occasional, minor bug does appear
Douglas P.
February 24, 2018

“Tithe.ly is a tremendous giving solution with a ever growing set of tools and intuitive UI”

ProsI have worked in the IT world for over 20 years and rarely see a business software solution with such intuitive admin interfaces. The Tithe.ly team does a great job of building tools that work well and in an uncomplicated way. The stuff just works and the reporting is clean. They also are constantly adding new features. Thanks guys!
ConsWas missing a way to do recurring giving with a designated end time, but i hear that is coming soon too!
February 24, 2018
Deanna M.
Office Administrator
May 17, 2019

“Online giving made easy”

OverallI did a ton of research before deciding on Tithe.ly for our online giving needs, and I am very pleased with my choice. Setup was extremely simple, so easy that I almost felt like I was missing something. The fees are very reasonable and the lowest I could find for our organization's needs. I was concerned with some (older) reviews saying it could take a while to receive funds, but was relieved to find that this was not true. The funds are deposited to our account very quickly (received within 2 business days). I was able to add all the categories I needed and love that I can activate/inactivate categories as needed when we have special offerings. Really my only complaint is that it doesn't default to Bank account payments as I feel more people would choose that option if it were the default. It would be nice to have the option to not allow credit card payments at all, as it would both save on fees and discourage people from getting into debt paying their tithes. Overall, the pros very much outweigh the cons and I feel this is the best online giving option out there.
ProsVery quick and easy to set up. Easy to use. Can customize giving categories and activate/inactivate as needed (great for special offerings). Recurring giving option. Donors have the option to cover the fees. Allows donors to leave additional comments. Funds are deposited quickly. Fees are reasonable.
ConsWould prefer if it would default to Bank account payments rather than Credit Card payments, since the fees are lower, although I am happy that in the most recent update they made the options more noticeable. There is no option to disable credit card payments.
May 17, 2019
Greg D.
Chief Proprietor
Computer Networking, 1-10 employees
December 5, 2016

“Best Church Online Giving Tool I've Used {And I've Used a Lot of Them}”

OverallI help churches build websites and many of them are looking for a good looking, simple solution, for their online giving. The days of the poor user experience of being ushered to a merchant web page and back to your web page are gone with Tithe.ly. Tithe.ly is great because I've not seen all the features they offer packed into any other solution that doesn't require a monthly fee. One of the features that make them unique is that they allow the giver to cover the transaction fee, which in my experience, the giver does over 90% of the time. I've helped implement Tithe.ly not only on my own churches site but on many other sites as well. It is my go-to online giving tool...now if they would only make a more generic platform that wasn't so specific to churches to use on non-profit websites.
ProsFull feature set...no monthly payment required, offers both credit card & ACH, user accounts, and allows the giver to cover the transaction fee.
ConsIt is very specifically geared towards churches. The platform could easily be adapted to other giving scenarios outside of the church if the name were different.
Collin B.
Senior Pastor
September 15, 2016

“Great Customer Service and Easy App/Website Integration”

OverallWe have used Tithe.ly for over a year as our mobile and online giving platform. We have had a great experience with the company as well as the product. Customer service has been excellent. We have seen automated giving increase since we introduced our church to online giving. About 25% of our Tithe.ly gifts are recurring.
ProsThe minimalist interface is pleasing to the eye and simple to use. It was very easy to implement in our mobile app. Our users are able to give through our app quickly and easily from wherever they are. One of the features we have used often is the ability to create custom URL links for special giving events. If there is a special need (e.g., disaster recovery), we can post a link on social media and whatever gifts are made through that link will be automatically marked for disaster recovery.

By Tithe.ly on September 15, 2016
Wow!! Love that your recurring giving program is headed in the right direction and that you're using the custom URL features to create special fundraising and event forms. Great idea!!!
Chris M.
Case Manager
Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees
September 29, 2019

“Tithe.ly”

OverallWe have been using Tithe.ly for an easier way to make donations. Overall, our congregation has been satisfied with the ease of use and the ability to make recurring donations. We do not plan on switching to any other competitors due to the low fees and the user friendly format.
ProsTithe.ly gives you the ability to receive donations in an easy-to-use format and to show all of the incoming donation amounts in an organized manner. We are able to provide the congregation the opportunity to cover the processing fee as well. Many of our church goers use the recurring giving option which makes the process even easier for the user. Reasonable fees compared to competitors.
ConsWe have not ran into any major issues that call for concern. We have had minor bugs occur, but refreshing would normally solve the issue. Tithe.ly is quick to reply if we have any questions or concerns.
September 29, 2019
Jeffrey R.
Deacon
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
June 25, 2019

“Great Product Excellent Service”

OverallOne of the great barriers in equipping and relating to the next generation is in regards to how normal financial transactions are done. With tithely, we have been able to remove the barriers and the next generation can relate to, experience and grow in the discipline of generosity in a way that is useful and familiar to them
ProsEase of use, eliminates barriers in engaging and equipping disciples especially the coming generation
ConsCustomization can sometimes require creativity, but help is readily available and solutions are solid
June 25, 2019
Justin D.
Co-Founder
Education Management, 1-10 employees
March 17, 2017

“Best value and ease of use for church giving”

OverallTithely is so easy to use and has the best rates. No monthly fees or setup fees. You can easily start accepting donations within minutes of signing up. And their customer service is so accessible and personable. They are changing the industry!
ProsEasy to implement even a church admin can do it!, low fees (no setup or monthly), great design and features, superior personalized customer service.
Josh B.
Creative Pastor
Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1000 employees
September 14, 2016

“BEST Church Giving Service”

OverallMy church had been looking for an all in one solution for online and text giving. We didnt have tons of gold bricks in our safe, so Tithe.ly hit the spot. It's easy to use, reliable and most importantly affordable for churches of all sizes! Our online and text giving has dramatically increased since we launched Tithe.ly at our church!
ProsAwesome customer service. The folks at Tithe.ly took the time to help us get set up and have been there to help us along as we continue to grow!
ConsIf I'm being honest, and frankly I'm a pastor so I have to be, there's not much I don't like. Easy and reliable! We've had no issues at all.

By Tithe.ly on September 14, 2016
Well, we couldn't be more flattered, Josh! Thanks for being such a great partner. Keep up the amazing work you're doing in Kansas City, Missouri. :)
Everett D.
servant
December 3, 2018

“The Future of Church Giving is Here!”

OverallAfter just over a month of using Tithe.ly the percentage of our folks giving thru this app is just over 30% and that is amazing. It speaks to the ease of use in downloading and operating the app from Tithe.ly. Our entire leadership team is amazed and very happy with our choice to go Tithe.ly. We will be sharing this experience with all of our sister congregations.
ProsThis was absolutely the easiest app to setup and install and use that I have had the pleasure to incorporate in my church experience. I am an application developer and founder of a software company so I know and understand the ins and outs of graphical user interfaces and Tithe.ly has nailed it. Fast startup, remembering my default church, holding my payment information and looking good while doing so. If you are in a church and looking for a giving solution you will end up here if you do your research.
ConsThis is a hard one because after some use and integration with our congregation, I am still looking for something that I don't like. Yes it is that good!
December 3, 2018
Lesley W.
Director of Operations
Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees
March 17, 2017

“Great Value and Wonderful Customer Service”

OverallWe chose Tithe.ly as our online giving platform because of pricing and the text-to-give feature. It has been a great choice for us so far! As a straight-foward giving platform, not a donor management system, it lacks some functionality on the admin side that would be helpful, and therefore, it sometimes takes a bit of time for me to find the information I'm looking for. Their customer service has been wonderful, always very responsive and informative. If you're looking for something to handle your online giving (not full-service donor management), then Tithe.ly would be a great choice for you!
ProsCustomer service, pricing
ConsNot full service, we may switch to a full-service option eventually (like Planning Center Giving)
Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees
October 25, 2018

“Tithe.ly Review”

OverallIf I could log onto the account I would love this because it is very convinient.
ProsMy church uses this software and it works very well minus a couple of things. It is very easy to just be able to text in my tithes and offering and not have to worry about filling out an envelope or bringing cash to church every week.
ConsWhen I first texted to tithe I did not have to set up an account. But after my debit card has expired and it will no longer allow me to pay tithe because it says I have to enter my username and password. This is odd to me because I have never had to create an account in the beginning. Being away at college I still would like to give tithes to my home church, but have been having to mail in my tithes due to not being able to log in.
October 25, 2018
Michael B.
1-10 employees
September 17, 2016

“Best giving platform out there!”

OverallThe app makes giving on sundays simple and easy. I don't carry cash and it can be hard to fish around for your wallet and even see the credit card numbers once you've found it with most church's low lighting. It's also very helpful with notifications cause like everyone, sometimes you forget. The text giving has made it so easy, I literally just type in the number and within seconds I have a receipt and text confirmation thank you.
ProsHow much it has simplified the whole process of tithing/giving. With a busy schedule, you can just check that off your things to do.
ConsI haven't really had any issues using the software. It works every time the same as before.
Recommendations to other buyersI highly recommend the text giving option, it's just easy and a breeze.
September 17, 2016
Carid B.
Certified Life Coach
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
June 4, 2019

“AWESOME resources for Church and ministries. ”

OverallTithe.ly is a great app for any size of church. When you setup the account as administrator, you have the opportunity to create different sub-accounts so that allow the people to decide in what ministry want to cooperate beside the tithe. I like the opportunity that the app brings to create a kiosk, so people that has installed yet the app can donate only getting in touch with one of the usher that have an iPad, tablet phone or computer. Also if the church is having a conference outside the facility,brings the opportunity to others to give donations without downloading the app. We use the kiosk when we selling lunch or other church product and that helps us a lot.
ProsA friendly app that allows give tithe thru the cell phone for church and also different ministry inside the church.
ConsI don't have any complaint about the app.
June 4, 2019
Richard M.
Senior Pastor
Religious Institutions, 501-1000 employees

“Amazing Church App”

OverallWe have been using Tithely for over a year now. Our finances have grown by more than 20% in that year. their functionality is amazing and the app is beautiful. their customer service is amazing.
ProsThis is by far the best Church App company out there. Their features are amazing and they make beautiful software.
ConsThere is nothing I can say that I dont like about this software.
Jeff K.
February 23, 2018

“ our first year we ran a test of 6 members and our giving increased 18%.”

ProsReporting is fast and easy. Whatever is asked of me by our consistory I can generate a report for. Downloading information is easy. Inputting the information into Church Windows is just as easy for generating statements for the congregation.
ConsI would like to be able to generate bank deposits in two ways, one without the detail of who gave and the other as it is currently set up. Our treasure does not want to see what the members are giving just the totals
Stacey A.
Business Advisor & 90 Day Year Master Certified Partner Coach
June 27, 2018

“End user experience needs work to be more fluid”

ProsEven though it is not "fluid" it is still simple enough to use. It also makes finding nearby charities an easy process
ConsThe fact that the mobile app redirects you to an external browser is really frustrating. The entire point of a native application is so the actions can all be executed from within the app...otherwise just create a web-app and add a button on the homescreen.

By Tithe.ly on June 29, 2018
Thank you for the review, Stacey!! Really appreciate it as we read and use feedback to make continuous improvements. :) One note... in your "cons" you mentioned being redirected to the browser to give. That is a restriction that the app stores put in place. You can read about it in section 3.2.2 of the Apple policy - Unacceptable usage. The caveat is that if the donor wants to use ApplePay and the charity is pre-approved by Apple. Hope that helps you understand why we have to do it the way we do.
June 27, 2018
Patrick S.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
September 16, 2016

“Great People, great system for all churches!”

OverallWe highly recommend this service for all our ChurchBuzz church website clients! It is the easiest system we have found for churches to get online giving setup!
ProsVery easy to get a new account and get it integrated onto the website. Can all be done in one day with no fuss!
ConsNOT APPLICABLE!
Recommendations to other buyersJust use it. It is the easiest system to use!
Connie B.
Treasurer
201-500 employees

“Giving via Tithe.ly”

OverallOur church has been with tithe.ly since May 2016. We have seen our online giving increase every month. I believe once someone uses tithe.ly and see how easy it is, they continue giving thru tithe.ly
ProsIt's convenient to give either online or via text, at home or in church. No need to bring checkbooks to church. Also, the email address, home address and phone numbers that are entered when giving helps keep our database up to date.
ConsEvery "con" I have had, has been fixed through tithe.ly support team.
Isaac B.
Executive Director
October 18, 2019

“Tithe.ly is a decent solution for church giving”

ProsTithe.ly provides a convenient platform for streamlining online (or mobile) church giving. They offer mobile apps, text to give, and embed features. This greatly reduces the likelihood that a church member is unable to give in a convenient manner.
ConsThe negatives for Tithe.ly have to do with the lack of customization for their embedding iframe feature, as well as the lack of overall aesthetic for integration with preexisting websites. Although they do provide a convenient platform for giving, if you are not utilizing their mobile platform or "text to give"feature, then it is limited in overall functionality and customizability.
October 18, 2019
Robyn T.
Business Director

“Easy-Peasy!”

OverallWe were not in the market for a new giving app but had no choice but to change to a new one because the one we were using was going to cease operating. Tithe.ly was recommended so I gave them a call. Frank was great to talk with and he took the time during our very first conversation to demonstrate on the computer just how the software worked and how to acquire the reports I would need for our financials. I appreciated his willingness to work with me. The change over was "easy-peasy" and the Tithe.ly team did most of the work for us. The church certainly appreciates the fact that there is an option for the giver to cover the cost of the credit card gift! The support that we have received has been great!
ProsI personally like the ease of acquiring the information needed for my financials.
ConsAs a new customer I don't have any complaints to date.

By Tithe.ly on September 14, 2016
It's been a pleasure to work with you and your team through the conversion process, Robyn!!!
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
February 8, 2019

“God Send?”

OverallTithe and finances at the church
ProsI was VERY skeptical at first when a deacon approached me about setting up this program. With every ounce of humility I must admit, I was beyond wrong. Tithe.Ly is very easy to setup and manage, for the church. Checks go straight into the account and partons of the church. The impressive part is how it breaks down, everything from new donors to weekly averages. I know Brother in Finances, is very appreciative of this. I hope this helps someone who is teetering, so was our pastor but you can cancel at any time and its VERY user friendly.
ConsI wish you could just blindly give things without needing to give any information within the app.
February 8, 2019
Jeremy L.
IT Director
February 22, 2018

“Rock solid giving platform”

OverallOur church body uses it every week to donate. Tithe.ly allows us to offer secure, convenient giving options for our members.
ProsIntegration with our church management system (Elvanto)! End user experience is easy Easy to integrate into our website Customer support has been responsive when we've had issues
ConsThe admin dashboard is a little tough navigate (learning curve). Customization options could be better
February 22, 2018
Jake S.
Lead pastor
September 16, 2016

“The best on the market!”

OverallHands down, best giving tool on the market. Nothing else comes close! We have used consistently for 2 years and not once had any issues.
ProsSo easy. Requires minimal explanation. Great features and also progressing into new territory.
ConsNothing.
Greg F.
Finance Committee Chair
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
July 24, 2019

“Tithing Made Easy!!!”

OverallOur overall experience has been nothing short of wonderful. We haven't had a single problem from day one!
ProsCan be used on any computer, smart phone or other type device with internet service
ConsI do not have a con that I can think of at this point and we've been using the software for at least two years now
July 24, 2019
Paul I.
Regional Catalyst (for church multiplication)
September 18, 2016

“Great team and great product ”

OverallWhen looking for a well rounded giving solution that was affordable for small to mid sized churches I came across tithe.ly. The speed to which we were able to role out txt to give and an online option took us just a few days. We had the early adopters jump in and after just 8 weeks have seen over 50% of our giving switch over to online a recurring which has been a game changer. The team at tithe.ly have been there if we needed them, but honesty, it's intuitive and straight forward!
ProsI like the txt to give, I love that our people can cover the processing fees, I love the powerful reporting on the back end and the seemless integration for our church management system and church app
ConsYou cannot cover processing fees through txt to give.
Recommendations to other buyersThe best time to get onboard was yesterday- so get on that- it's a game changer.
September 18, 2016
Philip D.
Chief Operations Officer
Religious Institutions, Unspecified
February 23, 2018

“Excellent service, excellent product.”

ProsTithe.ly and it's team has been flexible and willing to make needed adjustments for our specific needs. It's been more than a software, they've been a ministry partner.
ConsThey are growing, with growth and innovation their can be a learning curve. However, this has benefited our organization.
Melissa R.
Volunteer
January 29, 2018

“Best online platform for giving!”

ProsTithe.ly has been the easiest, most user friendly platform we have used for our online giving. We have tried others in the past, but none were as easy to interact with or find information. It's simple to create documents and obtain all donor info. I had to contact customer support and was thrilled with their friendliness, ability to answer my questions, and their quick resolution to my situation.
ConsI was unable to contact anyone by phone. However, I started an online chat and had a reply and a resolution to my situation in 1-2 hours time. They saved me a lot of frustration by chatting with me in real time.
January 29, 2018
Arran T.
Priest

“Best in class”

OverallDigital giving made easy on any platform. Web giving? Check! Giving KIOSK? Check! Mobile giving? Check! Text to give? Check! Tithe.ly is easy to use and backed up by top notch company support. From launch to checking in Tithe.ly giving app is my charitable giving app of choice. I recommend it without hesitation.
ProsThe giving app is easy to use and is always getting better and better update after update. Not to mention the cheapest transaction fees and outstanding tech support when we needed it.
ConsNone
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are interested in charitable giving this is a must have app for this digital age. More and more people are buying smartphones and more and more people are using apps to pay for things and charitable giving will be no different.
Chris E.
Student Life Pastor > Church Ministries Pastor
November 6, 2017

“Great experience for managers and users alike!”

OverallVery easy integration for online giving for our church with minimal headache for administrators.
ProsThe clean and quick user interface for giving is great. The easy access login with 4 digit code is a great security feature as well. The back-end is straightforward and easy to use which has been great. It also integrates with our church management software for easy tracking.
ConsThe bank setup took a bit of troubleshooting (I think because it was a Canadian bank), but support was helpful. Customer support is good, but you'll always get voicemail and then they call you back which can be a bit frustrating.
November 6, 2017
Darin P.
May 11, 2017

“We switched to Tithely from Moonclerk/Stripe to enhance our church giving. ”

OverallWe saw a service improvement and a drastic cost reduction to providing online giving.
ProsTithely has great support, a clean interface, and lower fees than the competition. I also like the iOS/Android app and have been pleasantly surprised at how many folks from our church have started using the APP. We are forecasting at least a $3k annual savings compared to Moonclerk. Highly recommended.
ConsThe only con is that I would love the ability to automatically import gifts into SimpleChurchCRM. We do this now through a batch import which works well, but automatic integration would be a nice feature for the future.
May 11, 2017
Andrew M.
April 11, 2017

“Great Option for Giving Online & Excellent Customer Service”

OverallWe have been using Tithe.ly for quite a while now and have been very pleased by the ease with which we can integrate the giving platform into our website and church management software. Their rates are extremely competitive and their customer service is outstanding. We are also about to begin utilizing their Church Engagement App and have been blown away by how easy the process has been. We are so excited to begin taking advantage of the many features that the app has. Overall, Tithe.ly has given us a first-class experience through every interaction with them.
April 11, 2017
November 16, 2018

“User Friendly”

ProsThis software is very user-friendly and simple to use. Overall it's been a great experience for our church congregation to use for submitting their giving either one-time or recurring.
ConsNothing...everything has been great in using Tithe.ly!
November 16, 2018
Jaclyn M.
Development Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
July 23, 2019

“Great for online giving and creating a church app”

OverallGreat for connecting our church with a modern world.
ProsI love that we have a customized app for our church. The push notifications are awesome. I use the app more than the church website. Giving is super easy with the app, too. On the backend, I can get giving reports easily with all the information I need.
ConsI think the cost threw me a little bit in the beginning, but I think it's worth it.
July 23, 2019
Drake D.
Executive Pastor
Used the software for: I used a free trial
July 25, 2018

“Tithe.ly was our runner-up option”

ProsAmazing features, ease of use, support, and amazing UI this app and company is a sure-fire winner! They have competitive pricey with loads of features and a GREAT App!
ConsThe only reason we didn't consider them for the win was that the option we picked was integrated into the church database software we choose.
July 25, 2018
Trent H.
July 10, 2018

“Great program for online giving. ”

OverallMore efficient method of online giving that consistently works.
ProsEasy to use. Easy to implement. Great support when needed. We quickly had a good adoption rate. It totally integrates with our CMS so it allows for a supper efficient way to record giving.
ConsThere is a small learning curve with the initial setup, but if you actually take the time to follow directions it is an easy setup.
July 10, 2018
Stephen C.
Member
October 10, 2017

“I'm on the opposite end user side of this software, it's super easy and transparent”

OverallThe automatic deposit function is great. The on the fly giving makes everything just click
ProsMost everything. It makes give to our church very simple. I appreciate the simplicity and effort put into making it accessible to everyone.
October 10, 2017
Holly S.
September 14, 2016

“Best Digital Giving Option Out There!”

OverallI can't sing the praises of Tithe.ly enough! The setup is simple and the giving process is so convenient and easy that I am done with my giving in less than 30 seconds. It has made giving to my church a no fuss process that I can do anywhere, anytime. This app is the best!
ProsI can easily see all of my past giving. I can setup automated giving and change that easily. I only had to setup my card info once and I've never had to do it again.
Megan Y.
member
Insurance, 51-200 employees
March 27, 2019

“Good for paying tithes”

ProsGood to pay tithes with this is you miss church or forget your checkbook or cash
ConsPrefer paying tithes by writing on the offering envelope, but this was a convenient alternative if needed
March 27, 2019
Kathleen M.
Author
Publishing, Self-employed

“Convenient and safe ”

OverallThis is a terrific online way to give to Your Favorite church or ministry. It is fast, safe, convenient, and takes all major credit cards
Pros I have been using Tithe.Ly for A year now. Our church does not accept credit card information like some churches do. And I never bring cash or my checkbook. The perfect solution This app! I've never had one single issue With security or difficulty. This is easy to use, lets you select the amount you wish to give, and gives you the option to cover the minimal processing fee or let the church take it out of your gift. I'm really grateful for this software.
ConsI can't think of anything negative to say. Except that not enough people know about it.
Katie C.
Secretary
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees
September 22, 2019

“Quick and Easy”

OverallVery positive.
ProsQuick and easy to use. I like being able to do this online like I do my online banking.
ConsFees to use each time that either you or the organization you're giving to has to pay. Also, there are a lot of little extra steps between the app and the online site that handles the money transactions.
September 22, 2019