Kajabi Ratings

Overall

About Kajabi

Kajabi is a content marketing platform that allows anyone to easily sell content online. All the tools you need to start and manage your online business are here under one roof: a course creator to turn your content into digital products, a website to show off your store of digital products, sales tools to make getting paid for your content easy, landing pages to grow your audience, email marketing to turn your leads into customers, and much more. Pricing starts at $129/month billed annually. Learn more about Kajabi

Gabriela L.
Coach
September 13, 2019

“Great option for e-learning and automations”

OverallI am very pleased with Kajabi. My monthly expenses are 50% of what I was paying having different platforms, and now I know that all my automations run smoothly.
ProsThat I could integrate almost all my business needs under one roof. Before Kajabi I was using other software for performing different tasks in my business. I am not a coder and integrating everything -and making it work!- was kind of a nightmare. Very time consuming. And I use to spend a lot of money. When I found Kajabi it was a life-saver. Email marketing, tagging, email automation, site creation, squeeze pages creation, e-learning platform, forms, surveys, it is an all-in-one solution. It saved me lots of time and money.
ConsSome features need more depth, like metrics. They've done a lot of work regarding this, but there is still room for improvement. Also, they just integrate with Paypal and Stripe for payments. Being based in Latin America, I need also to be able to add the local payment gateway (Mercado Pago). I don't see this happening in the near future from their side, and I am sure that I am losing money because of this.
September 13, 2019
Jonathan T.
Co-Founder
March 26, 2018

“Jack of All Trades - Good at Most”

OverallI don't have to hack together a million different services or pull my hair out trying to make it all work myself. It's all there, and the support is fantastic.
ProsThe best part of Kajabi is that everything is under one roof. Email, landing pages, sales pages, shopping cart, website, blog, marketing funnels, online courses. It's all there in one system. VERY NICE. And you know what, Kajabi does a pretty good job at most of these functions, and they're always improving or adding more features. But what almost always amazes me is the live customer support. They offer 24/7 live chat, and the longest I've ever had to wait (and I've chatted at all times of day and night!) is three or four minutes, once. Every other time (and there have been many!) I'm almost immediately connected to someone. And these people are awesome. They will get you the answer, help you troubleshoot your issue, and even tinker around with some options/coding on the page to make it work if you're trying something a little more custom and can't quite get it to work right. Seriously. The support staff is top-notch!
ConsLike I said above, it does everything. But it's not the best at anything. It's got email, but there are some things that are still easier (or possible) on MailChimp or ConvertKit that aren't on Kajabi. It does online courses, but there are some features (like gamification or completion certificates) that it doesn't do. Now, I am a bit of a power user and want to customize and make things do what I want them to do. For most people, I think they'd be pretty happy with Kajabi and never really run into something they can't do. And they really are adding features all the time (like cart abandonment emails which just got added a week or so before this review!)
Brady P.
1-10 employees
March 26, 2018

“My Go-To Solution for Courses, Live Events, Evergreen Webinars, and CRM”

ProsI like that it's almost an all-in-one solution for my business. The customer service is excellent and they listen to their customers feedback. I've been with them since the launch of the new Kajabi a couple years ago and there has been constant improvement. If something goes wrong with my site, they fix it quite quickly whether it's a known bug or if they are just fixing something specific for me. Here are the things I do in Kajabi: - storage for my courses and trainings - houses my actual website, no other option needed - I can use the system to run live events and sell the tickets from the cart - I can set up an evergreen webinar in the system, although the tracking and such is nowhere near as robust as other dedicated platforms yet - my wife sells her audio products as well as courses on her site - I use it for a CRM with basic tagging functionality Highly recommend.
ConsSometimes the features are slow to come and it doesn't always do what I want it to do but the team has helped a lot. I don't find the help section helpful and have to rely on the live chat usually to solve issues. The support for custom fonts isn't good so don't purchase any custom fonts to use here as most of the places you would want them are restricted to the options they have. On the plu, many themes support Google fonts.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
December 13, 2018

“Do online business with ease”

ProsKajabi is an online business portal for small businesses (primarily) that provides them with everything they need at a single place to do business over the internet. You can create funnels, use emails, manage your CRM, and so on. It is primarily a great platform for people who are interested in selling online courses. This is one area Kajabi has been recently working on a lot. There aren't many tools that will let you sell online courses with this much ease. As a business owner with minimal experience with marketing, funnels, landing pages, contacts, etc. you'd love Kajabi. It takes the pain out from a business owner's life. No integrations, no dealing with APIs, you get everything with one tool and that's a great benefit.
ConsFirst, it is expensive especially when you compare it with its competitors. Second, since it does a lot of things so you get a bit of everything which is something that business's don't like as they scale.
December 13, 2018
Fred R.
Co-Founder
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
May 29, 2019

“Deliver Your Trainings Without Worry...”

OverallThere are two sides to consider. The person hosting or posting training AND the consumer that is going to go through the training. Oftentimes one side or the other isn't clean. In the case of Kajabi, BOTH sides get the benefit of a well thought out program at a fair price.
ProsKajabi is very easy to use and they have an outstanding support system to help those in need. We have used numerous programs for delivering video to our clients / customers / students - Kajabi has yet to be replaced and we have had it from the beginning (that says a lot in this world).
ConsWould like to see a few more layout options and themes. That said, you can customize anything you want.
May 29, 2019
March 6, 2019

“The Best All-In-One Online Course Platform”

OverallI have been building course websites on Kajabi since 2016 and also use it for one of my businesses.
ProsKajabi allows you to not just host and deliver your online courses but it also lets you create your entire marketing funnels and automate email marketing on the platform. What I like the most about the platform is that I could build a fully functioning online course business without requiring to learn several different tools.
ConsWhile the platform is reasonably priced for everything that it offers, the starting price is steep and may not work for you if you're on a tight budget.
March 6, 2019
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
January 27, 2019

“Saved the day!”

OverallWe were stuck trying to build our own website (DON'T DO IT) and I finally had had enough. We had students who bought our course but we had nowhere to host it...we were just emailing our videos each week since our DIY site was not done (and honestly no where close to being done...). Bough Kajabi, rolled it out to our students, and the positive comments came in. We love how dead simple it is and how it gave us instant credibility.
ProsGORGEOUS and beautiful design. Makes our online course and membership look so professional and put together. Easy to use and for students to make progress through.
ConsSome of the features, which present, are lacking such as the affiliate program, upsell/downsell abilities, and email. We really only use it for our online course and membership site content.
January 27, 2019
Sarah R.
Virtual Assistant
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
July 29, 2019

“Great for Businesses Portal Access”

OverallIt allows businesses of all sizes, most specifically bigger companies that have ample clients needing access to multiple resources of information. So awesome!!
ProsThis product offers ease for companies that have multiple products needing to have portal access where they can house information, webinars, calendars, etc. Super easy to use. Clients love that they can go to one place to access all the info they need.
ConsYou can't company a project and all it's contents into a new project. You have to manually add it all over again.
July 29, 2019
Margie (Margaret R.) K.
Consultant
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
July 4, 2019

“All-in-One for courses, website, marketing pages, payment receipts”

OverallOverall experience is very good - huge timesavers in the long run by having everything connected.
ProsOnce you get things set up the first time it is really easy to copy and reuse for the next set of courses. I really like all the built-in templates for the webpages and offers. It makes it very easy to optimize for mobile viewing! Love that customer support is always available. If I forget that I started a chat (I'm a multitasker) they will email me to make sure I get my questions answered.
ConsThe learning curve is a bit steep, we needed to hire a web developer to get us started. Once you understand the terms and processes it becomes much easier. (and there is always chats with support to help)
July 4, 2019
Amanda T.
National Director of FOCUS Greek
Religious Institutions, 501-1000 employees
April 12, 2018

“Loooooove Kajabi!”

OverallIt came at the perfect time when we were banging our heads against a wall trying to build our own custom online course membership site....it wasn't happening quickly and our students needed something really good and functional NOW and Kajabi delivered exactly that.
ProsIt makes our online course look beautiful and packages everything very professionally. Fantastic customer service. Love that we could cancel several other services and use Kajabi's features instead.
ConsI do wish their email features were more robust with stats/data as that's one thing we haven't been able to fully transfer to them. We will use their email feautures for webinar sign ups but nothing else because we don't get enough data about opens/cliks/percentages/etc.
April 12, 2018
Miles H.
February 11, 2019

“Amazing product and company!”

OverallI used Kajabi to power my entire business.
ProsPowerful, easy to use, and has a great user interface. 9 business tools in 1. Automation. Best customer support I've ever experienced.
ConsI honestly cannot think of any. They are constantly evolving, therefore, features that didn't use to exist now exist!
February 11, 2019
Jacob S.
February 6, 2019

“Kajabi is the perfect solution for starting an online business!”

OverallI use Kajabi to operate my entire online business and I love it!
ProsI love the fact that Kajabi is an all in one software solution for online business owners. It has everything you need including a website builder, email auto-responder, landing pages, online cart, payment processing, and more. The customer support is some of the best I've ever encountered.
ConsThere is a definite learning curve and even with the excellent customer support, it requires patience and perseverance to take advantage of all that Kajabi offers. Some of the menus and workflows are unintuitive but they've been improving things.
February 6, 2019
Gordon F.
Entertainment Attorney
August 22, 2018

“My go-to choice for creating online courses and products”

OverallThis tool has been a game-changer... It takes much of the design and construction of online courses and products out of the equation, so you can focus on the content, and on selling. I especially like that everything is integrated.. No need for separate shopping cart, landing pages, etc.
ProsGreat user interface and ease of use. The team behind the product is enthusiastic and their customer-onboarding and retention is excellent
ConsPrice is a barrier to entry, and their tiers are oddly configured. I'd like to see a one-product, one-site option for a lower cost. Email tool is not quite ready for prime-time.
August 22, 2018
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
February 7, 2019

“All in One - Easy and Comprehensive”

OverallIn the few days since I signed up, I've almost finished creating an online course, I've had Kajabi support upload my email list for me (as per their guidelines), and I've already sent out my first broadcast email to my list. All without even watching the help videos.
ProsI like that I can have my online courses, email list and broadcasts (and eventually funnels when I graduate to that, a simple website, and a membership site all under one roof. And so far, it's really easy to learn how to make things happen.
ConsThe one thing I don't like is that the email formatting seems very simple. I'd like to be able to make them a little bit prettier.
February 7, 2019
Rebekah S.
Personal organizer
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed
August 13, 2019

“A lot to be improved upon.”

ProsKajabi is a platform that has the ability to do it all. I like that I can integrate email and online courses as well as the 24 hour chat customer service.
ConsThere is a lot that can be improved. The rules for dripping courses, the email setting and the ability to suspend email sequences, the ability to get better analytics on emails, track users, and the interface of the courses themselves can all be improved. I find that they are slow to implement change but do listen to user feedback. I found that even though the customer service is great, I needed a back end programmer to make the design do exactly what I wanted.
August 13, 2019
Carlos Adrian V.
Desarrollador web
February 10, 2018

“Great for e learning ”

ProsGreat app, constantly updated and each day it's better, I love create broadcast and transmit in live for my clients
ConsI wish a better ways to integrate with another tools. En general es perfect but also I need the mobile app
February 10, 2018
Shannon C.
Brand Manager / Content Specialist
September 30, 2019

“My New Best Friend”

OverallI've been very pleased overall with Kajabi. I look forward to seeing what else it can do.
ProsUsing Kajabi has been a great experience. When they say "all-in-one", they really mean it. It's liberating to not have to fool around with a ton of integrations because your website is one place, email marketing another place and landing pages still another place. Kajabi fuses everything together seamlessly into one package which takes a lot of the hassle out of doing business and frees up time to focus on connecting with customers.
ConsThere are automation limitations between plans. It would be great if automation access was the same across the board.
September 30, 2019
February 12, 2019

“Kajabi is a good platform for course creators”

OverallI like using Kajabi for my online courses. I do not use their all in one platform for example their email. I use convertKit for that. They have limitations with their emails so that option does not work for me right now.
ProsI like their course management system. I think it's user friendly.
ConsPrice, this software is definitely on the pricey side and higher than their competitors.
February 12, 2019
Jamie S.
Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

“Kajabi yay or nay”

ProsI love the team, the look and the overall vibe of kajabi. I like what the company stands for and how it feels like a family. I learned to navigate the platform easily considering I hate tech. It works. Period.
ConsMy biggest want is that I want a specific branded font which is not an option to code in. I paid good money for a font I wanted for my brand, which fit perfectly but can't use it:(.
Rodrigo S.
Desarrollador de eLearning
E-Learning, 51-200 employees
May 3, 2019

“A great way to start your teaching business, but not cheap”

OverallIt is a great tool to start a business in the teaching niche. Has all the features so you only need basic computer skills to set up and focus on promoting and selling your products. I just wish there was a cheaper package for starters, since this is a part of what a person must invest in.
ProsFeatures are amazing Really easy to setup your courses UI is great, easy to keep communication with your students. Good safety features.
ConsOnly one: Even the basic package can be expensive for some people.
May 3, 2019
Kate R.
Director of academy
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
November 29, 2018

“Use it as a sales tool, not an LMS”

ProsLooks nice, easy to use for front end users
ConsCustomer service is hit or miss, and some of the ways the back end are set up are convoluted and make no sense
November 29, 2018
Anissa C.
Graphic Design, Self-employed
September 10, 2019

“Kajabi is Great for those who can afford it.”

OverallI enjoyed using Kajabi as it was easy to use. However the price point wasn't good enough for me to switch completely over from Wordpress.
ProsI like that it is easy to setup web pages, courses, and memberships. It makes the process easier and very user friendly for those who are not tech savvy.
ConsI did not like that I had to update my logo and font on every single web page instead of it being a standard option throughout all pages.
September 10, 2019
Phyllis D.
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
September 24, 2019

“Don't believe their customer support claims of 24/7”

OverallI'm new, which is why customer service is important to me. This platform costs much more than others and should be giving better customer support.
ProsI think it will be ok if I ever get it up and working. Trying to get it set up has taken days of wasted time and I'm normally pretty computer savvy. It looks simple on the surface in their videos but is not as easy as it looks.
ConsThe customer support has been non-existent. I signed up for the medium growth level to get 24/7 customer support. When I contact chat, they always say they can't help with coding so I wonder what they do help with. Everything says to email support but I haven't gotten any replies other than a case number, then an email asking "how did we do?" This has happened every time I emailed which has been several times because I'm not getting answers - I have not received a single support reply. I also asked to be signed up for their weekly streaming, which had to be done through support emails. I received a link only one week.
September 24, 2019
Sarah C.
IdeasGirl
February 21, 2019

“Brand new to Kajabi and SO impressed”

ProsI'd heard a lot about Kajabi but what I hadn't appreciated was how connected everything is. Normally when I create a campaign I have to break down each step of the backend build but with Kajabi it's all linked and almost seamless. I've asked for support with two tricky things and the response was super speedy and so helpful, complete with instructions and screenshots.
ConsThere isn't anything I don't like about Kajabi so far.
February 21, 2019
Heather A.
Productivity & Success Mentor
Consumer Services, Self-employed
December 10, 2018

“Finally an all in one solution that is simple and effective”

ProsHow clean and simple the website layout is and how easy it is to get started. The user experience is out of this world - far better than my old memberpress and learndash combo
Conshonestly so far I have no complaints. It is a little on the pricey side for someone just starting out but I think given that you can stop so many other subscriptions such as ESP it is worth it for the ease and user experience
December 10, 2018
Carlos Adrián V.
January 16, 2018

“The best software for the creation of online courses”

ProsI manage this software for a client and I think it is the easiest software for course management, it makes my job much easier, besides the integrations with convertkit and shopify are native, they also constantly add new features
ConsI had problems with zapier, because I had many tasks, but afterwards they improved their connector and everything was solved, in reality it is a tool that has no problems.
January 16, 2018
Chris G.
Real Estate Agent
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
December 4, 2018

“Kajabi - A good idea, mostly well executed”

OverallBuilding an ecommerce learning paltform that is subscription based ought to be beyond the skills of a relative layperson. It isn't now. They made it possible for a non web-developer to bring to market a product that looks every bit as professional as a site built by the big shots...
ProsCan do pretty much anything you ask of it. Video uploads and downloads are a snap. They have 24/7 live chat support and I used it quite a bit in the first few days...
ConsThe dashboard is far from intuitive. Once you get used to their terms for their page elements, you should be able to create a web platform at a faster clip. I find those terms to be bizarre. For example, when building a particular web page that is a class for visitors, it isn't called a page, that page is called a product....
December 4, 2018
Alternative Medicine, Self-employed
September 12, 2018

“interesting platform for courses”

OverallAs a student, the platform wasn't very engaging.
ProsI like that it is a standalone platform that allows you to house everything. It's one of the first platforms I was introduced to for hosting courses.
ConsI didn't find it to be very dynamic or user friendly.
September 12, 2018
Geoff K.
August 12, 2018

“Kajabi Funnels are Quick to Market”

OverallI would recommend Kajabi for vendors creating a large affiliate network.
ProsKajabi is not the cheapest nor the dearest funnel builders on the market. They are fairly straight forward to set up which is important when you are doing lots of them.
ConsThe funnel software market is always changing, particularly the number of SAAS vendors coming on the market so they need to innovate constantly.
August 12, 2018
Ed F.
Coach, Trainer, Facilitator, Course Designer, Organization Development
April 24, 2018

“Great For Beginners Who Don't Understand funnels or technology”

ProsMake it easy for a beginner to produce something that looks nice Membership features looks nice but have to live with their layout design
ConsFar behind in behavioral marketing features (If person does X the do this...) No visual email mapping interface (Old model...think Infusionsoft, ActiveCampaign, Drip, Kartra) No automations e.g. "Give this person X points for doing X behavior Very inflexible from a design perspective...need their "Themes" to build what you want. Thats fine if you want to redesign the theme. I prefer a more "open" design structure Menu system feels klunky like most others in the industry (Kartra has best in my opinion) Cannot track where people stop watching my sales video A very basic feature...could not change the text size in the editor. I could only use what was at the default choices (Block, Inline, or header H1, H2 etc.) Could not simply post a youtube video in the membership Would not see my MP4 video on my desktop. Was told it was probably the browser. (Use Safari) Blogging had no share gate features only a simple text editor
April 24, 2018
David K.
CEO, Founder
Internet, Unspecified
April 17, 2018

“A complete package of sales and marketing automation”

ProsI really like the full suite of product offerings that Kajabi gives at one cost. From website to funnels to email automation, it's all there in one place.
ConsThe website designs and the funnels are quite basic. I feel the over designs need some improving. per month amount although is inline with other similar products, I still feel it's a bit high a cost for the average customer.
April 17, 2018
Bethany M.
Student
Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees
December 14, 2018

“Sleek and Functional”

OverallAs a student, we use a different software than Kajabi to access all our homework, study materials, and communication tool (and technically we could use that same software to do what Kajabi does) but Kajabi stands above the other one in quality and ease of use.
ProsI LOVE the simplicity of this software, but also the ease of use of it. When i log in and find my courses uploaded, the quality of the videos are exceptional, and I don't even have to give a second thought on where to find things, it's so easy to access the material I need.
ConsThis is such a little thing, but when I access the teachings to listen too, I have to go to the second "page" to find it, and I would rather just keep scrolling down to find it. Just a preference:)
December 14, 2018
Madeline M.
Programs Director
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
December 12, 2018

“Functional Website Developing”

ProsAbility to create different web layouts, ability to track customer usage and payment history, and user friendly.
ConsLimits on how many layouts/"programs" are allowed
December 12, 2018
Antony H.
Author
Publishing, Self-employed
July 16, 2019

“I Tried Thrice”

OverallFor me it was a little frustrating although they did have excellent customer service.
ProsThe software looks very powerful and if you can get it up and running it will cause you to move forward powerfully in developing on line courses.
ConsFor me there were too many things to do. The adversting was very good and made it appear very straight forward and easy. IIt was however quite challenging for me to get up and running. They did however offer support but that needed to be booksed some days in advance.
July 16, 2019
Tina G.
Teacherpreneur
April 2, 2019

“Kajabi Platform”

OverallKajabi has allowed me to network with other like minded teachers.
ProsI love the video options for classes. Kajabi has an easy to use interface that allows for discussion between myself and the educator.
ConsI have no complaints at this time, the platform is very user friendly.
April 2, 2019
Angela W.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
February 20, 2019

“New User But So Far So Good”

ProsI just signed on to Kajabi to build out my online course and so far I like it. The only thing I don't like is that the price is higher than the other platforms I looked at but they do offer more services within so you are getting a lot more for your money. My web guy loves this company and insisted that we go with it and said it doesn't even compare to the others so I had to take his word for it. It is very user friendly on the back end and I have also been a customer on the front end and liked it as well.
ConsThe only thing so far is that I don't love the higher price point.
February 20, 2019
Graphic Design, Self-employed
July 30, 2019

“Great from a student perspective”

OverallOverall, I've loved the user experience of Kajabi and think it's a great option for course creators and students alike!
ProsAs a student, I love how clean and crisp looking the inside of the platform is. I prefer the overall user experience over Teachable. As a content creator, I love how many features and functionalities it has.
ConsI don't love that the functions and features for course creators are less impactful than some of the products I'm currently using. I.e. their email marketing system isn't as advanced as I'd need it in order to justify switching to it.
July 30, 2019
March 24, 2019

“It's good for what it is & who it's for”

OverallSlick & clean. Good community. But not enough for me to stay/recommend it to others.
ProsFrom a 'n00b user' perspective, I liked the ease of setup & interface. For implementing e-learning courses, it's great.
ConsFor linking up multiple softwares... um... I feel it could be a lot better considered. The price point is also a bit on the very high end...
March 24, 2019
Rena R.
November 3, 2016

“Great for getting an online classroom store set up”

OverallI worked as the VA for someone building an online course. She opted for Kajabi. For the most part the interface is easy to use. The documentation could use some more detailing, and customer support was quick to answer any questions I couldn't find in the docs. I found it to be a bit pricey for the level that includes affiliate tracking. Overall, a great product.
November 3, 2016
Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees
February 1, 2019

“Oversold under delivered ”

OverallThis is strictly set up for Coaches and folks that want to sell course. The customer service is very poor and the product is Uber over priced.
ProsQuick set up and multiple themes to build landing pages.
ConsIf you get stuck building you will struggle to get a straight answer from customer service.
February 1, 2019
Andron O.
August 22, 2017

August 22, 2017
Bruce C.
January 24, 2018

“I evaluated Kajabi for online class and funnels.”

ProsI love the quality of the web pages and landing pages Kajabi creates. I also loved how easy it was to create pages.
ConsCost is the only drawback for me, and it is a big drawback.
January 24, 2018
Alessandro F.
Marketing Manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
March 26, 2019

“Wonderful Tool for selling courses”

ProsThe possibility to easily upgrade the content of the courses
ConsThe expensive pricing, event for the basic plan
March 26, 2019