ShortStack Ratings

Overall

About ShortStack

ShortStack is a digital marketing platform built for engagement, lead collection and marketing automation. Run contests and build landing pages to increase engagement, gain followers and collect email addresses. LANDING PAGES: Build mobile-responsive landing pages in minutes using our readymade, customizable templates. CONTESTS & PROMOTIONS: From refer-a-friend and photo-vote contests to hashtag contests and simple sweepstakes, use our templates to launch a contest in minutes. Learn more about ShortStack

Candice H.
Digital Content Designer
Apparel & Fashion, 501-1000 employees
April 24, 2019

“You'll fall in love with ShortStack”

OverallI've been using ShortStack for at least eight years. I've used ShortStack on my own as a blogger, and with four different companies I've worked for. I've had to write proposals on why I need the platform and it's always immediately approved. Beyond the platform - one of my favorite things about ShortStack is their customer service. I come up with crazy ideas and whenever I need help I can just chat or email them and I get an almost immediate response thoroughly explaining how to solve my problem. Special shout out to the support staff whom I've been working with for years and always manages to exceed my expectations.
ProsShortStack is the most customizable platform you'll ever use. From contests to landing pages to interactive quizzes - you name it - it can be built within the platform. There are even features you didn't know you needed - like autoresponder emails and entry hosting - even pop ups!
ConsI have a really hard time trying to come up with a con for ShortStack. The one thing I can think of is if you are on a lower level subscription - you will have their 'ShortStack' branding at the bottom of your campaign. It's not a big deal, but if you are working for a very corporate company - you'll want to pay more so their branding isn't on your campaigns.

By ShortStack on April 25, 2019
Wow, Candice! We're absolutely blushing. Thanks for this fabulous review!
Jennifer H.
Marketing Analyst
Semiconductors, 11-50 employees
October 26, 2018

“Easy to use, customizable look and to needs, with a few additions it could do everything you need!”

OverallAbility to embed a contest on our webpage, collect submissions efficiently, and close the contest seamlessly hiding some text (e.g., submission form) and displaying other text (e.g., "contest closed" text).
ProsEase of use. Fresh looking designs. Customizable to needs (voting/no voting). Widgit editing functionality (move content blocks). Visibility features (to be creating something without showing it, and timing features to swap out what is displaying).
ConsA few rough spots to be improved upon. Entry form -- Default has First and Last name boxes beside each other, couldn't seem to make any other entry boxes beside each other. Text formatting - can't have two lines with different font sizes without a space between lines. Gallery Widget - Doesn't work in all browsers (looks bad in Chrome?). It stacks the images, instead of laying them side by side. Displaying Entries - more options for the layout of these would be preferable. Particularly what entrant info displays - and in each entries info, ability to add fields if we want to put certain info on each entry when displaying them (info that wasn't in submission form). Also - love the timing feature, but pretty sure one didn't work the way it should have. I had set to show something on a date and hide something on a date and it only did one of the two things. Couldn't figure out why the other wouldn't have worked. Email confirmation - only sends once per email address. I wish you could override this (we allowed multiple entries, would prefer they got an email for each one and it could reference one of the submission boxes like "photo caption". E.g., "Thank you, we received your entry "SEM image of microchip".

By ShortStack on October 30, 2018
Hey Jennifer! Thanks so much for your review and your detailed feedback! We really appreciate it. We're always working toward making the ShortStack platform better, so learning what features our users are looking for is always so helpful. In the future, if you ever need help troubleshooting a feature, our support team is eager to jump in. Just email us at theteam@shortstacklab.com. Thanks again for this great review!
October 26, 2018
Kate O.
Senior Graphic Designer
Business Supplies and Equipment, 51-200 employees

“Stacks up to the hype”

OverallWe have been using shortstack platform to create promotional competitions for seasonal campaigns which in turn has increased our sales during these times. Overall it's a great tool and allows businesses like ours to not pay more for pricey developers we can do this ourselves for minimal cost but great results.
ProsEase of use, If you have some coding experience and can learn quickly this platform can be easy to implement once you get the hang of it. I could also adapt to suit my needs by adding unique code. Any questions I had were quickly and expertly answered by the support team. The framework of the design was easy to work with and design our own backgrounds and elements for also which made the end result presentation much more professional looking.
ConsIt can take a while to get the hang of the platform particularly if you are using sporadically. It would also be good to have the platform save all your data inputted without deleting if you don't have monthly subscription - this would work better for us for seasonal campaigns as we only use 2 or 3 months but have to pay for 12 to make sure our data not deleted. The data tools also could be more refined ie it would be good to know which people clicked on which element within the design I don't think this is possible atm from what I have seen.

By ShortStack on July 27, 2018
Thanks so much for your thoughtful review! I wanted to let you know about our option to pause your account. You can pause an account for up to 90 days, during which time, you won't be charged the monthly subscription fee. It's a way to keep the data in your account without having to pay for the full 12 months. I hope that helps you out! If you have any more questions, we can be reached at theteam@shortstacklab.com.
Robbie B.
Social Media Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 1001-5000 employees
February 9, 2019

“ShortStack Review”

OverallI used ShortStack for several years as part of a social media/community manager role for both brand awareness, product spotlights and related contests/givewaways
ProsShortStack makes it really easy for a guy like me with no design or coding background to manage social media contests almost 100% by myself. Designing, launching, monitoring and measuring the contests and their results was really easy thanks to the platform's intuitive workflow.
ConsAfter a few years of using this software, the designer and I started to reach the limits of its abilities. Part of what makes it so valuable is how plug-and-play some otherwise complicated design/programming features. However, that templated framework has its limits, keeping you from realizing fully customized ideas outside that framework.

By ShortStack on March 4, 2019
Hey Robbie! Thanks for this amazing review! We're sorry you had to move along to another means of contest building, but, if it interests you, the Code Widget and CSS panel in ShortStack give you the freedom to customize campaigns however you wish. If you'd ever like to give us another try, we'd love to have you back. Thanks again!
February 9, 2019
Julie B.
Web & Social Media Editor
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees
August 26, 2019

“Effective marketing tool for tourism ”

OverallShort Stack Customer Support is FIVE STAR. These guys are always there for me, and I usually make mistakes and have loads of tech questions, or functional queries. They are SO FAST to respond, the online CHAT feature has been the most beneficial, and the yearly Agency subscription has met our needs nicely.
ProsThe diversity of the campaigns has improved greatly since we used to only have to import with a widget into Facebook. We have had a lot of success in promoting our destination through easy-to-create trip giveaways, including a cool trivia contest we ran, so folks learned something new, had a chance to win a trip, and had some fun doing it.
ConsSometimes the templates are different (newer) than the tutorial videos, so I can get a little lost at times. Understanding the lingo, and in the editing panels what each Rich Text box applies to can be cumbersome. I am not a great fan that I have to be a Developer in order to customize campaign URLs, so for now I stick with the provided link Short Stack provides, and it works fine.

By ShortStack on September 12, 2019
Wow, Julie! Thank you for this fantastic review! We also appreciate your feedback on the tutorial video updates - we're currently working to get those current. Also, next time you'd like to use a custom domain, reach out to us - we have some resources that will walk you through how to do it in "non-developer" language. : ) Thanks again!
Tara H.
Marketing Coordinator & Corporate Social Responsibility Officer
Retail, 51-200 employees
October 19, 2018

“Great Resource, Intermediate Ease, Kind of Pricey”

OverallWhen I had questions they would refer me to the help section on the website which was outdated. Overall, it's a great tool if you have the money. They have multiple tiers to unlock different functionalities which was disappointing. Charge one price and give me all the things.
ProsThis was somewhat intuitive to use once you get the hang of it. You are easily able to integrate your social profiles to push out your campaign. We did photo submission contests and it worked great. Created a Giveaway section on our Facebook page and promoted it from there. Great turnout with a little Facebook promotion behind it.
ConsIt was kind of pricey for what you are getting. The software to building out your page if very technically involved so my assumption is that is what you are paying for. The overall collection of emails and assets, such as images, is fairly easy. Would probably make up for itself if you are doing a larger giveaway versus some under $100 items like we did. That way you are more likely to convert those into entries, aka emails that you can use.

By ShortStack on October 23, 2018
Hey Tara! This is super valuable feedback! Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about those Help resources - we're always working toward making those better. And we're always looking for feedback on our pricing structure, so this is very helpful. Thanks again!
Fernando J G.
Regional Business Development Director
201-500 employees
December 8, 2017

“The most easy-to-use and powerful social media app for building audience... period!”

OverallShortstack is easy to use, powerful, up to date, fast, creative... a great product for startups.
ProsShortStack takes you by the hand and shows you how to look like a real social media pro. It has a complete set of features that can put any small entrepreneur in the social media game without too much effort. Having the ability to view examples and even reproduce them is a very helpful feature that provides easy understanding of the reach and scope of the software. The edit platform is friendly and does not require any profund IT background. The free plan is already so powerful that anyone starting to use the app will feel fulfilled. As as social media consultant, I loved to know that Shortstack is now offering marketing automation. This a great feature that will take this app into a highe and promising level. I truly recommend small and mid size entrepreneurs to give Shortstack a try and enjoy the benefits of this great business support idea.

By ShortStack on June 28, 2018
Thanks for your compliments, Fernando!
December 8, 2017
George A.
Digital Marketing Manager
E-Learning, 201-500 employees
August 19, 2019

“ShortStack is good, but has low limits on entries”

Pros-fairly easy to use -easy to scale up -the variety of ready made templates and the ability to customise them
Consdon't like the fact that you are limited on : - views - entries i understand having a limit on the lower tier plans, but in the full plan, having limitations on the amount o page views and or entries on the account seems rather unprofessional to me. And this is a model i've seen to almost every software on the market that handles competitions ( i.e wishpond). They really should think about removing entry limits, at least on their full package, else if a company wants to create a high traffic competition and then replicate it, it will most probably mean it will need a new account..

By ShortStack on August 23, 2019
Hi George! We really appreciate your feedback! We always take customer feedback very seriously. In reference to your suggestion, we totally hear what you're saying! We offer Enterprise plans with no entry or view limits - this is something that can be discussed with our sales team. We're absolutely willing to accommodate as many entries/views you're able to acquire, but due to the resources these higher view/entry numbers require on our end, we have to charge a little more. Thanks again for your review!
Internet, 51-200 employees
July 20, 2018

“Plug & Play - Mostly. Enjoyed the Features”

OverallI used Shortstack multiple times to run contests around email collection and was pleased with the results. It was easy to implement and after a few rough starts, was fairly easy to construct a campaign.
ProsAfter creating everything at Shortstack, it was really easy to implement on my side. I implemented a campaign on both Magento and Shopify with absolutely no problem. It worked well the entire time it was live.
ConsGetting started for the first time was a little complicated/confusing. I wasn't sure what to do and had to restart my project a few times after not being sure what I was doing. After I figured it out though, no problem.

By ShortStack on July 30, 2018
Thanks so much! We really appreciate your stellar review.
Christina L.
Senior Social Strategist

“Would Recommend Shortstack”

ProsIt's extremely easy to use, even for non-developers and outside of the social team. Once you get the hang of how to edit the look, padding, etc., you can really make it your own without having to have creative team members generate this aspect.
ConsThere are still some struggles with the API integrations with Instagram (i.e. disconnects the feed almost daily). The fact that we have to fluctuate between membership levels to get the features needed from giveaway to giveaway. We're not able to pay annually, but rather have to work on a monthly schedule - not ideal for an agency.

By ShortStack on July 27, 2018
Hi Christina! Thank you so much for your feedback and awesome review! I'm so happy to hear you found the platform easy to use - even for non-developers. I wanted to mention that we offer annual plan pricing. On an annual plan, you'll even get a bit of a discount over paying month to month. You can switch over to an annual plan from your account's profile, or send us an email to theteam@shortstacklab.com and we'll be happy to help you out. Thanks again!
Momoko T.
Marketing coordinator
October 2, 2019

“A good basic software to create promotion”

OverallDespite having a difficult time navigating the page and not having some key needed features, ShortStack is a great platform for users to be creative and interact with the community.
ProsI like that this software has all the basic functions needed to help create online application forms for giveaways contests, e-mail sign up lists, interactive quizzes, photo contests, or surveys, with the public. I like how it has different themes to help get you started on a new idea for promotions. There's also a lot of functions to explore to customize your page.
ConsI dislike how hard it is to navigate on the site; even though there are a lot of great features, it can really overwhelm the page when they are not explained or shown properly. I had previously had to contact customer service many times in order to understand where each function is or how to use them. I also dislike how there's no function to add social media buttons such as to follow or like certain posts from Instagram or Facebook. Most of the time I want to use ShortStack to give exposure to our business instagram and Facebook page so having the functions and features to do so is important.

By ShortStack on October 4, 2019
Hi Momoko! Thank you so much for your very thoughtful feedback. We take it very seriously and use it to continue to make our platform better. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to add buttons to campaigns to like individual posts on Facebook or Instagram. You can embed specific posts in campaigns - clicking on them will direct the user to instagram where they can like the post. You can use embed code to add a Facebook Like button to a campaign, but there currently isn't a way to add a Follow button for Instagram. The best way to do this would be to link to your Instagram profile with a CTA of "Follow us on Instagram", so, when the link button is clicked, your Instagram page will open and the user will instinctually click "Follow". I hope that tip is helpful for you! We look forward to working with you more, down the road.
October 2, 2019
Chris A.
Marketing Director
August 29, 2019

“Full featured, some learning curve”

OverallWe love the reporting and the seemingly infinite design capabilities for landing pages.
ProsThere are so many customization options for campaign set-up/implementation and design. It's a bit overwhelming to learn the landing page design tools at first, but with some play and trial/error, it's a great platform.
ConsNo major issues for us. We've run 3 campaigns on the platform so far, and with experience, it becomes easier and faster to set up and launch. Only (slight) negative is a little more learning curve than some of the "not so full-featured platforms" out there.

By ShortStack on September 12, 2019
Chris! Thank you so much for this great review! We're so glad ShortStack meets your needs.
August 29, 2019
Media Production, 11-50 employees
April 24, 2019

“Great software for a space with very limited options”

OverallOverall experience with ShortStack has been great. In a nutshell, the ability to fully customize your campaign to how you like - matching your brand identity, and prevention of looking like complete spam - has been easier and more robust than other platforms I have tested such as KingSumo for example.
ProsGenerally speaking, the software is easy to use. Setting up a campaign, connecting an optional autoresponder is quick and painless. Exporting the data collected from entrants and selecting custom fields for forms are some of the most liked features across the board here. It is also nice to have the option to publish as a standalone landing page, or on your site - a feature we haven't found much success with on other platforms.
ConsThe design features are clunky and difficult to use unless you have a skilled designer who also knows how to code.

By ShortStack on April 25, 2019
Thanks so much! We're glad ShortStack is working well for you.
Randy M.
Marketing Manager
Retail, 51-200 employees
July 17, 2018

“Six Years with ShortStack”

OverallOver all it has been very good, there's not much that I want to do using ShortStack that it can't do. It's easy to design and deploy and the customer service I have received when I needed it.
ProsOne word "flexible". I enjoy how flexible ShortStack is, how I can easily design the app / contest that I want, how I can deploy it across multiple channels and make it work with our social media channels and website. How we can design something that looks uniquely us and offers the features I am mostly looking for.
ConsI do run into limitations occasionally with design functionality but not often, for example, recently spoke at ShortStack about running an online charity auction through ShortStack to find out that it's not a feature supported because of the payment handling.

By ShortStack on July 27, 2018
Randy! Thank you so much for this awesome review and for your 6 years of loyalty! We truly appreciate you and love that you're lovin' the ShortStack platform. Cheers!
Scott G.
FIeld & Channel Marketing Coordinator
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

“Shortstack is Great”

OverallWe use the platform at various tradeshows and events. It captures information of attendees and offers a clean interface.
ProsAfter using a lot of different platforms for online contests, my previous company settled on ShortStack and it was a great decision. One of the first things I did with my new company was purchase ShortStack so we can run contests.
ConsI really can't think of a con, you definitely get what you pay for.

By ShortStack on July 30, 2018
Thanks, Scott! We're blushing over here! We're so glad you're loving the ShortStack platform. Thanks again for your great feedback.
Emily B.
Social Media and Marketing Specialist
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
July 18, 2018

“Effective but hard to learn”

OverallWe've used it for a photo submission contest and several form-based contests and have recommended it to several others for easy contest management. It's always proved effective and easy to use.
ProsAbsolutely love the output of data (so easy to read and interpret) and the functionality possible with the contests. It offers so much more than just a form, and I love that it gives me ideas that I would never have thought of myself.
ConsIt is tough to navigate until you get the hang of it. There are a lot of opportunities for customization and design, but it's hard to figure out how to do the customization at first.

By ShortStack on July 30, 2018
Thanks so much, Emily! We truly appreciate your feedback! And thank you so much for recommending us to others.
Lily J.
Social Media & Reputation Manager
Real Estate, 501-1000 employees

“Used it for years”

OverallAn easy, affordable solution.
ProsEasy WYSIWYG designer. I use mostly for simple splash pages, some social contests. Have not explored the full functionality for a while, but I know there is lots more.
ConsNot really loving the new design, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Everyone grumbles about change.

By ShortStack on April 25, 2019
Thanks for this great review, Lily! If you need any help navigating the platform, we're always happy to help. Just send an email to theteam@shortstacklab.com. Thanks again!
Heather G.
CEO/Founder
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
August 19, 2019

“Professional Look Without the Pricetag”

OverallPositive. A well-designed piece of software. I will definitely be returning if we do this promotion again.
ProsI really loved how easy it was to build a professional looking giveaway. My giveaway was very unique (different clues appearing at different days) and I loved how I could set the entire thing up ahead of time and let it run, confident all the timing was correct. This took a lot of stress out of the giveaway week.
ConsIt was hard to track the entries through social media.

By ShortStack on August 20, 2019
Thanks for this awesome review, Heather! We hope to work with you again on your future giveaways.
Connor W.
eCommerce Director
Construction, 51-200 employees
April 25, 2019

“Superior Network Review”

OverallWe have been able to provide additional services with ShortStack, providing our customers a more rewarding and enticing experience.
ProsShortStack provides an easy-to-use interface that allows many different functions that help us communicate with our customers. Everything we have needed ShortStack to do has been met with satisfaction.
ConsThe design tool layout/screen is a little confusing and not as easy to use. Perhaps it could be made to be a little more simple and more clear.

By ShortStack on May 3, 2019
Wow, Connor! Thanks so much for this great review. I'm so glad ShortStack has been able to allow you to expand your services. If you ever need help using the platform, make sure you check out our Resources Page (https://www.shortstack.com/resources/) and call on Support (theteam@shortstacklab.com) to help you with whatever you need. Thanks again!
April 25, 2019
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
July 20, 2018

“Great Way to Get in the Giveaway Game”

ProsEasy to start, learn and implement in an hour or less. Intuitive interface with a small learning curve.
ConsThe updates are often excessive leaving the user wondering if they should pause the campaign, and update, or leave alone...

By ShortStack on July 27, 2018
Thanks so much for your feedback! We're so glad you are loving the ShortStack platform. In the future, you can push an update(s) in the middle of running a campaign - no need to pause it.
Joe C.
Account Manager
June 4, 2019

“Shortstack is a Phenomenal Tool”

OverallOverall, I would absolutely recommend that companies use Shortstack if they would like to run giveaways, signups, or create any sort of landing pages.
ProsI absolutely loved the signup sheets and campaigns you could create, especially for giveaways. It gives you the ability to get creative with the art and layout while gathering very good analytics. It is the perfect tool to use when running a giveaway for a client.
ConsIt takes a bit of time to get used to all of the tools and aspects in the software but that is also a plus because it just shows all of the options available in creating a great landing page.

By ShortStack on June 7, 2019
Thank you for this glowing review, Joe! We're so glad ShortStack worked so well for you and your clients. Thanks again!
June 4, 2019
Janel S.
Digital Communications Specialist
Consumer Services, 501-1000 employees
August 26, 2019

“Great Option for Contests”

OverallMy overall experience with ShortStack has been very positive. It's allowed our team to run an entire contest from landing page design through selecting winners on our own, without having to use an agency for help. It's ultimately saved us money by allowing us to keep this in-house.
ProsI love how easy ShortStack is to set up and use. I was able to design and deploy a beautiful landing page for a contest without needing to use any code. Managing the photo contest has also been super easy and smooth, with all of the entries in one place.
ConsI wish we could run a video upload contest without requiring contestants to upload their videos to another site (like Youtube) first.
May 10, 2018

“The best way to quickly build and execute digital campaigns & landing pages!”

ProsThe easy to use campaign builder is so flexible, we have yet to run into anything we can't do with it!
ConsI'm not sure I can come up with anything negative to say about ShortStack. I've been a user for a long time now, and haven't looked back.

By ShortStack on June 28, 2018
Thanks for your kind words!
May 10, 2018
Ian J.
Graphic Designer / Marketing Promotions
Hospitality, 201-500 employees

“I'm not happy”

OverallThe chat support is awful. Get a phone number and show people respect.
ProsIt works and does what it needs to do but I'm still not happy.
ConsThe support you over is terrible. You need a phone number. You also need to adjust the way you do billing it's terrible how people are automatically upgraded and expected to pay for it. Far to many emails that are useless and feel like spam. I only want emails if they are important to me and directly related to my account.

By ShortStack on September 12, 2019
Hi Ian! I'm sorry you had a bad experience! We feel phone support is not the best fit for helping customers use our platform because we often need to send screenshots or links to tutorials. Email and chat also make it easy for users to go back and reference instructions and troubleshooting steps we discussed during the conversation. However, we really appreciate your feedback and will work to improve our processes.
Erin J.
Senior Marketing Strategist
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
August 16, 2019

“Great Product & User Friendly”

OverallI have enjoyed the few campaigns I have created. It was fun to play around with and easy to make.
ProsShortStack is very each to use, even for a first-timer. Most of the software is intuitive and also easy to navigate.
ConsSome of the functionality can seem overwhelming during your first try. It also doesn't seem very intuitive on where to download your collected emails.

By ShortStack on August 20, 2019
Thanks for your feedback, Erin! We're really glad you found the platform intuitive and easy to navigate.
August 16, 2019
Scott G.
January 25, 2019

“The software works great, your target audience may not”

OverallSo far, it's been great. Customer service was excellent both before and after I made my purchase. Software works wonderfully. I would recommend their service with the proviso that you need to target a responsive audience.
ProsEasy to put together a promo, lots of templates to choose from, lots of different types of promotions to run
ConsIt's not the software - it's the audience that can be problematic. I've run 3 different refer-a-friend promos. One was pretty good, one was so-so, and one went downright terrible. Again, the software worked flawlessly! It was the audiences that really determined how things worked. You need to start out with a large initial email list, or a large reach with an extremely targeted message to get the audience you want to respond.

By ShortStack on January 29, 2019
Wow! Thanks so much, Scott! We're so glad ShortStack has worked well for you (functionally speaking). If you ever need advice or questions about best practices, it wouldn't hurt to give us a shout (theteam@shortstacklab.com). Thanks again!
Stephanie S.
Director of Marketing
Performing Arts, 11-50 employees
April 3, 2019

“ShortStack Review”

ProsVery easy to use with multiple platforms including social, website, etc.
ConsWould love to see more robust reporting options for surveys. Once the reports are exported it still requires a lot of manual work to assemble the data.

By ShortStack on April 5, 2019
Hey Stephanie! Thanks so much for this awesome review! We'll definitely take that feedback about survey reporting to our Developer team. We're glad you enjoyed the platform, otherwise.
April 3, 2019
Jessica H.
Marketing Manager
Retail, 1001-5000 employees
February 1, 2019

“Amazing social software!”

ProsWe've used Shortstack for several years to run social contest and it's great! We enjoy the ability to have an advent calendar giveaway at Christmas, collect leads, run photo contests and endless other possibilities. Data files are easy to export and the ability to have a auto response email to submissions is great! Customer service is great any time we've encountered an issue or question.
ConsThere are some limitations what you can do with templates if you don't know CSS or have a person for that on your team.

By ShortStack on February 11, 2019
Wow! Thanks for the stellar review, Jessica!
February 1, 2019
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
January 25, 2019

“Self-serve social apps made easy”

OverallI have built a variety of sweepstakes and contests in Shortstack for clients ranging from no-budget non-profits to large CPG brands, with happy clients and successful promotions.
ProsFlexibility, ease of setup, high level of customizability.
ConsSome of the design tools (wysiwyg) can be a little twitchy.

By ShortStack on January 29, 2019
Wow! Thank you so much!
Rebecca B.
Spa Marketing & Success Mindset Coach
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
July 18, 2018

“Landline Pages Made Easy”

OverallI've had had really good experience with short stack so far, and I don't know anything about computers or programming or making pages It is a little overwhelming at first, but after playing around with it for a bit it gets super easy and you can save your templates
ProsThis has a great visual interface making it super easy to do basic coding and create your own landing pages and giveaway pages and ability to export the list if you upgrade
ConsWhat I like least about this software is the fact that they do not have a phone support for customer service and I had to email people whenever I have a question, but at least they respond very quickly!

By ShortStack on July 27, 2018
Hey Rebecca! Thank you so much for this amazing review! We truly appreciate your feedback. I wanted to drop a line here to let you know that we have recently implemented live-chat to help with all of your support needs. : ) Hopefully, that's a bit easier than emailing back and forth. Looking forward to working with you down the road! Thanks again.
July 17, 2018

“If only fb would make it easier ...”

OverallBeen using it for years! The minor cons that I have come accross are by far outweighed by the pros!
Pros- Great software. - Not the easiest to use but it does cover everything giving multiple options to users and designers! - Excellent customer service!
Cons- Facebook intergration couyld be better. I know that Facebook changes things often but the instructions and integration process is not ammended so fast. - Not enough premade themes and not updated for too long! It is ok ig you have a designer to make your own theme but the premade ones that are great help are very few!
Jamie E.
Retail, Self-employed
May 3, 2019

“Fun and easy to use”

ProsShortStack helped us grow our email list and improved our social media engagement. It is easy to use once you set up your first campaign and become more familiar with the software. Transferring the email list to our email service was a breeze.
ConsI found it difficult to set up the background and header exactly the way I wanted it. I wish there were more templates included with the basic package.

By ShortStack on May 9, 2019
This is great news, Jamie! We're so glad ShortStack was able to help your business find success. We're always adding new templates so stay tuned for more of those to come.
May 3, 2019
11-50 employees
June 26, 2018

“Overall good. Easy to use and implement campaigns.”

ProsShortstack makes it easy to set up campaigns and lists. There are a lot of templates to choose from. Integrates seamlessly with Facebook. Easy to export lists (entries).
ConsCustomer support - they only offer chat support with no number to call. Hard to use when you don't know how to explain what you are looking to do with a campaign.

By ShortStack on June 28, 2018
Thanks for leaving us a review! We appreciate the compliments. If you ever have ideas you need to talk through, please get in touch with us via our demo page and you can schedule a time to talk with our team: https://www.shortstack.com/demos/
June 26, 2018
Jay P.
Marketing Director
Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

“It's ok”

Overallit's doing what we need it to do, despite the awkwardness of its design, and it's capturing the leads we need it to.
ProsIt does what we need it to do, without our having to manually do a lot of it. We were able to use it's webhooks to plug it into Zapier to integrate with our list management.
ConsIt's cumbersome and awkward on the backend, the builder doesn't feel like it's been updated for over a decade. It feels very Windows 95 in a world that's running iOS.
Kristin D.
Editorial director
Government Administration, 1001-5000 employees
July 20, 2018

“Easy way to boost performance ”

OverallWe use ShortStack to engage with our customers
ProsIt was easy to build engaging experiences for our customers
ConsLittle tough to implement some of the more advanced features, but still a great tool.
Mitch L.
Advertising Specialist
Marketing and Advertising, 501-1000 employees

“Shortstack review”

OverallMy overall experience with ShortStack has been positive. We have executed several online contests with voting as the winning metric. The interface was easy to use and allowed winners to be chosen quickly. I also like the way the campaign renders on various devices.
ProsIt was easy to figure out how to manipulate the forms. User interface is intuitive. The pre-made templates help to create a functional campaign quickly. I like the voting and the choose a random winner features.
ConsI use it mainly for social media contests and it would be nice to have more variety in the choice of templates or perhaps more customization features.

By ShortStack on July 27, 2018
Hey Mitch! Thank you so much for your feedback and your stellar review! If you're looking to customize something specific when setting up a template, please reach out to us at theteam@shortstacklab.com. We'll do our best to help you get things set up the way you'd like.
Paul W.
Creative Director
Wholesale, Self-employed
February 4, 2019

“Be lazy and look good doing it”

OverallThis program is cooler than a well-diggers butt. These contest and sign-up pages come out looking like a someone who knows what they are doing developed them. If you have a client that wants email addresses, this is how you get them.
ProsThe template system makes it so easy to wait to the last minute to do stuff. I can get a contest page set up in 30 minutes, then take it to my bosses and tell them with a straight face that it took 8 hours. The page looks and performs so good that no one blinks an eye. One time they actually applauded.
ConsWhen you upload images you have to do the sizing blind. Make it so the uploader suggests the optimally sized image (either pixel size or aspect ratio). Not knowing the best size made things even tougher when it came to making sure everything looked good on mobile too.

By ShortStack on February 11, 2019
Paul! This is the best. I'm so glad ShortStack helps you free-up your day, while getting you a round of applause from the higher-ups. We love your feedback about the image sizing. I'm throwing that out to the team to see how we can make it more user friendly. In the meantime, reach out to us in support and we'll send you our sizing guide with image recommendations. Your review totally made our day! Thanks again.
February 4, 2019
Christa B.
Communications Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
August 23, 2019

“Seamless for a visually-trendy video contest platform”

OverallShortStack provided a very useful platform to make and distribute our video contest. More versatility with contest entries and the voting page would have been great, but even without that it was very visually appealing and well organized.
ProsIt was easy to use with a drag-and-drop editor, but also allowed for customization.
ConsAs a non-profit, it would be nice if there were even smaller-priced options than what is available for projects intended to be interacted with by an audience. Also, it would be nice to have the capability to download entries from our contest entrants.

By ShortStack on September 12, 2019
Thank you for this fabulous review, Christa! We try to work with non-profits whenever we can. Next time you would like to run a contest, please reach out to us at theteam@shortstacklab.com.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
April 30, 2019

“Super versatile tool”

ProsWhat I appreciate about Shortstack is there are so many different applications---contests/polls/voting/etc.---all housed under one roof. This makes it really easy to run integrated, multi-faceted campaigns. The support team is also amazing and are always ready to help walk you through any questions or issues.
ConsShortStack is not always the most intuitive and it can be hard to navigate at times. The support team is great which helps when questions do arise and as you get more familiar with the tool, it does become much easier.

By ShortStack on May 3, 2019
Thanks for this review! Make sure you check out our Resources Page (https://www.shortstack.com/resources/)and call on Support (theteam@shortstacklab.com) to help you with whatever you need. Thanks again!
April 30, 2019
Tracy C.
October 31, 2018

“Easy to use but limited features”

OverallQuick development of Facebook tabs for lead generation, contests, and giveaways.
ProsEase of use with existing templates. Quick drop and edit feature, simple even for non-developers
ConsLimited features, limited templates, unable to add multiple tabs or pages.
October 31, 2018
Devon C.
Ecommerce Product Manager
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees
October 19, 2018

“Great Features, great for scaling, few limitations”

OverallIt was delightful, and we will continue to use them.
ProsEase of use and the help I received to make things work.
ConsLimitations. Wanted to have some functionality that wasn't possible, but team provided work arounds that got us 90% what we wanted.

By ShortStack on October 23, 2018
Hey Devon! Thanks so much for the awesome review! It was a pleasure working with you and your team. We're looking forward to the opportunity to work with you again down the road.
jared p.
partner/ marketing coordintor
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

“review ”

Overallit works well when we use it, we do not use it monthly and the monthly service charge is why we will be discontinuing your services
Prosthis is a good product that is easy to use
Consthe monthly service charge requires us to pay for a service every month when it does not get used monthly

By ShortStack on July 27, 2018
Hi Jared! Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm so happy you find ShortStack easy to use. I also wanted to mention that we offer the option to pause your account, for up to 90 days, so you don't have to delete it and start from scratch down the road. If you have questions about pausing an account, feel free to email us at theteam@shortstacklab.com Thanks again!
Emily B.
Marketing Sp.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
July 17, 2018

“Loved using Short Stack for a promotion”

ProsThe software was mostly easy to use, although it took a few tries at first. Support was always super helpful and quick to answer the questions I had. I was super happy with the way the page looked at the end, although I had to have our designer and web manager help a few times to figure out a few bugs. Overall the page we made was successful and helped us easily collect the info we were hoping for.
ConsIt was not that easy to use if you don't have an idea of basic coding. I'm a marketer and had to get some outside help a few times to have spacing and color on the page the way I wanted. I could fumble through some of it, but had a ton of questions. I wish that it was a bit easier to use.
Brendan A.
Graphic Designer
Import and Export, 51-200 employees
April 28, 2019

“Tool Company using for Facebook”

OverallGreat!
ProsThe ability to run Facebook competitions quite easily and successfully - it is a great way to drive people to a single page to grab their details other than a website.
ConsSometimes the builder is a bit hard to get your head around and takes you a couple of times to get it correct. When you do learn it, it then works nicely.

By ShortStack on May 3, 2019
Thanks for this great review, Brendan! Make sure you check out our Resources Page (https://www.shortstack.com/resources/) and call on Support (theteam@shortstacklab.com) to help you with whatever you need. Thanks again!
April 28, 2019
Retail, 11-50 employees
July 17, 2018

“A Must-Have for Social Marketing”

ProsWe've been using Short Stack for years. We're able to set up contests in minutes. Contest entries are easy to review and track. Plus we love all the customization options.
ConsWish there was more templates to choose from.

By ShortStack on July 30, 2018
Thanks so much! We're always adding more templates, so make sure to keep checking the template library. Thanks again for your fabulous feedback!
Heather M.
Digital Content Specialist
October 29, 2018

“A fast and easy way to get competitions up and running”

OverallAlways a positive experience with customer service and something we see our business recommending and using frequently for the forseeable future.
ProsIt's easy to use, and the ability to set up global themes for campaigns is very helpful. If you know your brand's HEX codes, typefaces and website setup, it's easy to build a form that won't look out of place on your website. Downloading entries is easy as well.
ConsGetting it working with Wordpress and one of our client's websites was a bit of a struggle but the customer service was quick to help!

By ShortStack on October 30, 2018
Wow! Thanks so much, Heather! We love that you love the platform and we look forward to working with you again down the road.
October 29, 2018
Susie O.
Principal
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
October 19, 2018

“Great option for the price!”

ProsIt's easy to use when you're just running a single campaign. It allows for complete customization.
ConsNo complaints. The software is easy to use. I'd appreciate it if it was mobile friendly for small changes when you're not at your desk.

By ShortStack on October 23, 2018
Thanks so much for the awesome feedback, Susie! We really appreciate your comments.
Laurie D.
Designer
September 6, 2019

“Great product to invigorate your lead list”

OverallAnytime I have had a problem with ShortStack their customer service has been able to answer my questions within minutes which is really great and allows me to continue to work without downtime.
ProsShortStack is an all-in-one product that allows you to create, edit, follow-up, analyze, and retarget.
ConsWish it was more responsive between desktop and mobile viewing.

By ShortStack on September 12, 2019
Hi Laurie! Thanks for your feedback! And kind words about our support staff and platform. Campaigns should be automatically responsive on mobile when designed in the Campaign Builder, however, if you find that something's not translating well, we can always take a look and see if we can help make it look right.
September 6, 2019
Hannah T.
Marketing Coordinator
Utilities, 11-50 employees
December 19, 2018

“Good contest designer ”

OverallInternal and external contests, custom landing pages, newsletter sign ups. good social media integration
ProsThe ease of making contests, user friendly coding.
Consslow response from customer service sometimes. They don't catch all the little mistakes.
December 19, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

“Agency Use”

ProsEasy to use with options for a lot of customization
ConsChanged the policy about the Facebook tabs, now I can't use this function for most of my campaigns.

By ShortStack on July 27, 2018
Thanks so much for your feedback! We love that you're enjoying the ease of use and customization options in ShortStack. The new Facebook policy (that requires 2,000 Fans on a Page to publish to it) has been tough for some of our users, but we have a workaround. Check out this video that will show you what to do instead: https://youtu.be/HzU88tJncA4