Time Clock Wizard Ratings

Overall

About Time Clock Wizard

Online employee time clock system for businesses of all sizes. Learn more about Time Clock Wizard

Renetta B.
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
May 9, 2019

“We love Time Clock Wizard and their team!”

OverallThe Time Clock Wizard app has been extremely helpful in making the business much more efficient in the way we track customer projects and time. The application allows you to invoice directly from the time sheets. Even time tracking through the mobile app makes it so easy to keep up with tracking billable and non-billable time. Also, the Time Clock Wizard customer support has been very friendly and efficient in helping out with integration and implementation issues that have arisen. They help resolve any problems we encounter with the application. Time Clock Wizard's amazing!
ProsUsing Time Clock Wizard allows my staff an easy way to sign in and out from a clients home, allowing them to put notes in for what they helped with that day. I can look on the GPS to make sure where they are, if necessary. Customer service is fantastic, very knowledgeable and courteous. And the application is very simple to use!
ConsThere was an issue where I could not figure it out on my own. I called their support staff and worked with one of their support, she was amazing. She and her team were able to solve and correct the problem, she returned calls as promised and was a delight to work with.
May 9, 2019
Kristina H.
Retail, 1-10 employees
August 8, 2017

“This is a really great free timeclock software. It makes tracking employees easy. ”

OverallI can easily catalog when my employees arrive without relying on pen-to-paper transfer or memories, and I can quickly spot trends or patterns in attendance.
ProsThe simple interfact and "use anywhere" features are fantastic. I love that although they've implemented a paid subscription, they've kept the basic features free, as I've come to rely heavily on this tool!
ConsI understand that business needs change, and when I signed up and saw their "forever free" promise I was skeptical. Normally I avoid using features I don't intend to pay for because I don't like to become reliant on them .... but I absolutely found myself feeling a real hole in my HR space when Time Clock Wizard began charging for their amazing features like tracking tardies, having employees submit time-off requests, etc. It's definitely worth charging for -- it's a robust and straightforward platform -- but I do miss having those features available for free in my tiny office.
August 8, 2017
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
August 9, 2018

“Useful!”

ProsI use this software as employee to track my times at the office. The software is very easy to use, it allows you to see the hours that you´ve worked in an organized time card with the dates, start and end hours and the duration of your shift. The software is very useful in order to track your next payment because it calculate it according to the hours worked. I know it has an schedule feature but I haven´t used it so far. For me the program is easy to understand and it is a practical software to track your hours and payment.
ConsIf you forget to reload the page after a couple hours and you do a clock in or clock out it doesn´t work so you need to remember to always reload the page in order to be able to perform any action (this is in the case that you left the page always open in your computer)
August 9, 2018
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
February 5, 2019

“Time Clock Wizard Review”

OverallTCW serves its purpose for our needs. We do not use the Scheduling function because we are happy with our current scheduling software called WhenToWork.
ProsOur Recreation center has over 100 student staff that use TCW to clock in and out of their shifts. The staff find it very simple to use. Instead of logging in and out of their account to clock in/out they can simply put in their username or email and clock in to their area. On the administrative side the professional staff can easily find hours worked, edit errors, pull reports etc.
ConsOnly one complaint is that we are unable to set standard "Employee Permissions" such as clocking in/out of a mobile device. Some settings are "standard," so after adding an employee we need to go in each account and edit the settings to our needs.
February 5, 2019
Derek D.
Chief Deputy Township Assessor
Government Administration, 11-50 employees
February 26, 2018

“Easy to use, Easy to teach to the employees.”

OverallEasy to use, easy to teach to the employees. The interface is easy for employees and management to understand.
ProsEasy to use, can grant employees to "punch in" on line from remote locations. It does a great job of reporting time. We used it for time off tracking as well.
ConsYour PC needs to be on and running to punch in. Ie: My employees were often punching in later than their actual time because they were waiting for system start up, or windows updates. We ended up having to go to a stand alone time clock since we were victims of bad internet connections in our office. We are at the end of the internet circuit and lost several channels. Now that the internet is fixed I would not hesitate going back to this once the stand alone time clock outlives it usefulness.
February 26, 2018
Jonathan J.
Owner/Administrator
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
March 25, 2019

“I don't have a lot of time. I need efficiency and Time Clock Wizard fits the bill.”

OverallBest time tracker I know of. An app that works great with an excellent team backing it up. I have had nothing but excellent customer service each and every time I have called. The agents are always quick to help and very knowledgeable. I can't believe we didn't sign up earlier! This is such a great and easy app!
ProsTime Clock Wizard has really simplified the payroll process for my clients. Like magic, all the reports appear, and what used to take hours can now be done in just a few minutes. All the employees love it too, they know they get paid for every minute.
ConsI have not fully utilized Time Clock Wizard, so my cons may be due to my lack of experience or understanding. But, overall, I believe the product is beneficial and works reasonably well, it just takes a bit of getting used to the format and reports.
Aaron M.
Assistant Pastor
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees
March 25, 2019

“When you work from home this tool is a must!”

OverallI still use Time Clock Wizard quite often even though my invoicing system has a time clock built in. I like the simple use of the time clock wizard over the bulkiness that is in my invoicing software, plus the fact that time clock wizard sends prompts from time to time to make sure you didn't forget to log off your time for projects. This program gives my clients peace of mind concerning how my hours are being spent while working on their projects.
ProsLove that they have a free option that is simple to use for at home workers and freelancers. It is easy to learn how to log your time and to clock in and it give clients peace of mind that when you calculate your hours you have actually kept tract of the work you are doing.
ConsReally can't think of any cons other than that this software isn't integrated with a invoicing system.
Tim W.
VP
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
January 18, 2019

“Great tool and updated regularly”

OverallWe have been using this software for about 2 years. We started on the free plan and stuck with it when it was moved to a paid plan. We use it to track our employees time, and it allows tons of defined options and custom fields. We like it and will continue to use it.
ProsI liked the fact that that you could process payroll, timesheets, requests, and get a snap shot of how the month was going. The calendar features are great as well.
ConsEvery time you do something, it shows a loading icon. Usually sites do it all in the background, allowing you to work while it is saving data. The other thing is the clock in and out notifications don't seem to work all the time. It was better when we had sms notifications, but now with the app notifications, I feel like they are off.
January 18, 2019
John E.
Clinic Owner
September 13, 2018

“Great online time clock tool”

OverallOur experience has been great with this online time clock product. We use it daily and it functions well.
ProsWe use this online product to keep track of our employee's timesheet electronically. It functions great and does exactly what we need it to do.
ConsThe recent update changed some of our functionality and they now charge for features they did not previously charge for.
September 13, 2018
Adria A.
Foreign Attorney
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
September 5, 2018

“Efficient Tracker ”

ProsI love this software because it is very easy to use by employees. It also, allows you to see through charts how many hours you have worked during the month and the salary you have earned. This makes it easier to track overtime hours and pay the correct amount of money for hours worked during that month.
ConsI have had problems before with clocking out. I clock out, but the next day it appears that i have been clocked in for 24 hours. Sometimes, it doesn't even load at certain times of the day.
September 5, 2018
Amy S.
Administrative Asst.
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
November 14, 2018

“Clock In and Out with Ease”

OverallThe system is pretty reliable and fairly easy to teach and use, but we don't use some of the functions because they aren't immediately easy for our staff.
ProsTime Clock Wizard is very easy for the people who need to clock in and out everyday! Requesting time off is easy as well.
ConsThe average user who wants to run basic reports will need some instruction to get it right and to know what hours are calculated into the totals and which are not. The learning curve is not large, but it is there.
November 14, 2018
Diane W.
Owner/Administrator
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees
March 17, 2019

“I have dealt with Time Clock Wizard and it's fantastic!”

OverallTime Clock Wizard is very much helpful doing our payroll. It was a bit tricky at first because you will need to learn how to navigate those tabs and categories, but guess what? Their representatives are very much helpful, I keep chatting with them and they are always very helpful and kind!
ProsThis software is leading the way to being efficient and ease of use. Any time I have to use the live chat feature, all agents are fantastic! The support is incomparable. Everyone I have talked with has been so helpful.
ConsWe have been using this app for a while now for our company; so far, we haven't encountered any problems using the app.
March 17, 2019
vivek p.
principal
Education Management, 11-50 employees
June 16, 2017

“i have been using this software since 2 year. such a very useful product for our organization”

OverallI get some discount while every time i subscribe this
ProsI like most the most useful part is quicker and friendly support of my query , and cheaper cost for such a great product
ConsI don't think there are any least part of this product. it is very useful and i enjoying to use this product.
Vincent D.
February 3, 2019

“Thank you Time Clock Wizard!”

OverallI am always looking for the best integration for clients and employees to save us all the time. The software is amazing! It's very easy to use and is very efficient! And whenever something comes up, tech support is able to help us quickly and efficiently!
ProsContacted customer support online and was quickly connected to an agent, who made everything simple. Cheers, Time Clock Wizard!
ConsWe have very limited issues now, but as I was a bit rusty in using Time Clock Wizard before, I decided to schedule some time with an agent. The agent explained everything clearly and it has been very easy by then!
February 3, 2019
Mark P.
Retail, 1-10 employees
July 15, 2017

“More trouble than it's worth”

ProsIt's fairly simple to set up and use, cost is competitive, however since become a paid for service quality has suffered.
ConsConstantly fails to clock people in on mobile and sometimes says people are clocked in, then when they clock out it erases the clock in for that day showing that member of staff as being clocked in for 30+ hours. No notifications of 'maintenance' which they say they do daily! so at some point every day the website is down, today it was down for several hours so none of my staff could clock in, there was no email to say it would be down and no notification when logging in of scheduled maintenance. Customer service doesn't seem remotely bothered. I take me hours each week to check staff records which are a total waste of my time. I am now trialing other solutions which offer far more for the same or less money per month. The crazy thing is when this was a free service it was great! but since it's gone paid for it's got worse!
July 15, 2017
Kayla S.
Customer Service Representative
Printing, 51-200 employees
March 8, 2018

“Took Some Getting Used To”

Pros-Quickly clocks in/out -Easy to report missed punches -Allows employees to see their vacation time whenever they want, they don't need to ask HR or a supervisor
Cons-part-time versus full-time employees experience different UIs, part-timers get the worse version -Had a steep learning curve, especially for employees used to the old system

By Time Clock Wizard on March 9, 2018
Hello Kayla, Thank you for your feedback.
March 8, 2018
Arpit V.
Team leader
February 14, 2018

“Amazing application with so many features”

ProsHave been using it in our organization for a quite a while now. has all the feature and functionality you need for an organization no matter what system/structure you are following Time clock wizard will be compatible.
ConsWorks all the time but in case of support, It becomes tricker sometimes. It becomes costly when a number of employee increases in the organization.
February 14, 2018
Arpit V.
Team Leader
1-10 employees
June 16, 2017

“Very useful utility. Lets you focus on your work without worrying about schedule or a Time”

Overall- easy employee time tracking - proper employee management
Pros- Has amazing customisation options - Provides accurate information to management - Builds up transparency between - Has Mobile App so it so easier for employees - It supports multi location if you have multiple offices in various location - This is a one-stop solution for employee clock management
ConsCons are only affected when you want to do something which software isn't supposed to do. I am expecting more customisation features.
Jami S.
CFO
Public Safety, 1-10 employees
August 6, 2018

“Easy to use”

ProsA must for a small company. This is easy to set up and use Reports are nice too.
ConsNothing. I think it is affordable and needed for our company.
August 6, 2018
Kynell G.
March 5, 2019

“Friendly and Effective Customer Service”

ProsThe product itself is incredibly easy to navigate, and the staff are incredibly helpful. the reps helped me this morning. She was great. Everyone is very knowledgeable, friendly and funny.
ConsI wish they offered Time Clock Wizard in Spanish.That's it. Otherwise it's great!
March 5, 2019
Kalani R.
June 16, 2017

“Very easy to use and support team is great. ”

OverallSaves you time and money.
ProsSimple yet offers a lot of features. I love that the customer service is always there if I have questions.
Bryan A.
Marketing Assistant
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
March 2, 2019

“Customer Service Help”

ProsRep. was awesome to work with, helpful in answering my questions thoroughly and quickly and getting us set up quickly on the Time Clock Wizard platform.
ConsI got bumped off my first chat with a different rep, but other than that it was great
March 2, 2019
Tina L.
Director of Finance & Founder
February 25, 2019

“Always great service!”

OverallIt's a good product! Recommended !!
ProsThe friendly, non assuming manner in which they respond to all of my questions, no matter how simple the question/answer may be.
ConsWhen I have to correct timesheets, entering the correct customer is not as simple as it could be.
February 25, 2019
Adam S.
Web Developer
June 16, 2017

“Very user friendly and helpful in scheduling my time.”

ProsWhat I like most about this product is being able set up my hours for the week and especially viewing the payroll section.
ConsThe only issue I have with this software is setting up the vacation time and sick days. I get a little confused on that section.
Micheal D.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
March 14, 2019

“Our rep rocks with the help I needed !!”

OverallGreat product so far!
ProsThe chat feature and the fact it is usually easy to work in and the cool team members I have interacted with from time to time.
ConsI do not dislike anything at this point in the process.
March 14, 2019
Saralyn O.
Administrative Assistant
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
August 21, 2018

“Does the Job!”

ProsThe website is very convenient when it comes to schedule requests/adjustments..also, the reports section helps keep up with time off.
ConsThe updated mobile app is very confusing, and not as user friendly as before.
August 21, 2018
Preston L.
May 3, 2018

“Timeclock Wizard is the most intuitive timekeeping software I've ever used”

OverallIt's extremely easy to use! It makes payroll so much easier by providing perfect reports. The interface is easy to use and actually intuitive!
ProsTimeclock Wizard is AMAZING! It's very easy to use, the mobile app is super-convenient, and the support staff is absolutely perfect! They're extremely helpful!
ConsThe only problem I've ever had with Timeclock Wizard is on the mobile app, when my connection isn't strong.
May 3, 2018
Karen W.
Program Coordinator
April 19, 2018

“Great program”

Overallexcellent tracking of employees and labor cost
ProsEase of use, and the live chat option. Really like the scheduler as I can see at a glance what employees are scheduled to work. Easy to correct errors. Like the new update platform.
ConsAt this time I have not run in to anything that I really can say I do not like about the program as it is.

By Time Clock Wizard on April 25, 2018
Thank you Karen! We appreciate your feedback.
April 19, 2018
Sara S.
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
February 13, 2019

“Amazing time tracking application”

OverallBest if it syncs automatically to your payroll system
ProsEasy to set up new users and manager level approvals
ConsDoes not sync with our Justworks platform so we have to manually enter hours for payroll
February 13, 2019
Annette C.
Credit Manager
Construction, 1-10 employees
April 23, 2018

“I find that this is a very good product and functions well with my needs and my employees time cards”

OverallPerfect time sheet totals with employees names and weekdays and pay dates making my payroll easier and faster
ProsIt is easy to use I feel anyone could use this product no matter how little you know about doing time cards sheets ect .
ConsThe only thing I have found is that sometimes it crashes when I am using it but other than that I haven't its good

By Time Clock Wizard on April 25, 2018
Thank you for the great feedback, Annette! We really appreciate it.
April 23, 2018
Tiffany K.
Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees
March 4, 2019

“Best software ever!!”

OverallYou are mad if you do not use it in your business.
ProsEverything and the optics of the program are great.
ConsI would not change anything as the program is simply perfect.
March 4, 2019
Denise A.
Business Manager
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
February 19, 2019

“The executive was and TCW team is always very polite and always able to resolve my question or problem”

ProsEase of use and I don't have to wait on hold for more than 2 minutes to speak to a tech. They have always been just perfect
ConsIt is not Time Clock Wizard problem, but we are not using Time Clock Wizard with our Quick Books yet. I run the report right from Time Clock Wizard website which is very easy!
February 19, 2019
Teri J.
Administrative Specialist
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
January 29, 2019

“Great experience with Time Clock Wizard!!”

OverallSo far so good enjoy the product and customer support is right on.
ProsGeorge is awesome easy to work with vary helpful.
ConsI have not found anything that I dislike you.
January 29, 2019
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
September 19, 2018

“Easy For The Basics”

ProsThis product makes clocking in and clocking out a breeze.
ConsWith the last software update, it is taking abnormally long to get the program to function properly.
September 19, 2018
Lynn M.
Accounting Manager
October 10, 2017

“Bait and Switch”

ProsEase of use and timecard reports I was able to print for our one hourly employee before they changed their policy to not allow printing on free accounts. It has other features that I do not need that might be helpful to some.
ConsStarted out free for up to 3 employees. We have one. 4 weeks later I go to print her timecard and it won't print unless I pay. I know that is not a lot of money but I felt like my information was being held hostage for money. Customer service said they put a notice on the website but I guess they don't realize that all managers don't log in before doing their payroll reports. Did screen printouts of this pay period and will look for a different program.
October 10, 2017
Adam T.
Human Resources
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
February 23, 2019

“Customer Support is very helpful ”

ProsSimple to set up and use. Time tracking export to invoices in a snap! Representative did a great job getting me set up for the first time to generate a client invoice. Seems like this will be a huge efficiency tool for business! Thanks!
ConsNothing so far- seems intuitive and works with QBO!
February 23, 2019
Jennifer A.
Bookkeeper
February 11, 2019

“Payroll Problem Resolved”

ProsEase of use, it is mobile friendly and synchronizes with QuickBooks
ConsI don't get it for free however it is reasonably priced.
February 11, 2019
Emeka O.
Ambassador for The Technology Innovation Scholars Program
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
August 4, 2018

“This is a great Time clock system for employees!”

ProsThe software has very useful functions and a good number of them. It does what its meant to do by providing accurate time keeping; it also has a very good mobile app.
ConsWhile I am yet to find an issue with this software, I just wish it was still free with full features.
August 4, 2018
Patrick L.
IT Administrator
September 28, 2017

“Started out free, then the bait and switch”

OverallThe features started out great, then they went to a strictly paid model, but there are much better fee for service products out there.
ProsEasy to setup, and the paid version is very customizable, with lots of features, tools, and controls.
ConsStarted free for unlimited users with all the basic tools one would need for a time clock. Then they changed the platform such that only three users were allowed (one of them being the account manager), unless you wanted to upgrade to the paid version. Most recently they eliminated ALL reporting...unless you pay for it each month. They are now holding my data hostage as I refuse to pay even a paltry fee for what was promised to be free. This software should never be listed on a list of free software. The free version is a glorified calculator.
September 28, 2017
Wesley L.
Office Clerk
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
February 20, 2019

“Time Clock Wizard Review ”

ProsVery Easy and straight-forward, love the GPS feature!
ConsNo complaints so far, honestly. Satisfied with the app.
February 20, 2019
October 13, 2017

“Time Clock Wizard Review”

ProsWas an awesome free small business tool. Turns out to be the same old thing. Use it for a while and services reduce to the point that you either pay their bill or is no benefit.
ConsHolds your employee information hostage for money. Look for a different program!! Would imagine that there are others that have received same diminishing service and just move on without voicing their concern or pay the ransom to avoid the hassle. Interesting business model. I am currently bringing on additional folks for the holidays and knew that there was going to be additional cost for the service. Fortunately this didn't happen, peak season.
October 13, 2017
Emily C.
Bookkeeper
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
February 27, 2019

“Amazing customer service”

OverallGreat product to work with overall! Don't believe me do a trail run
ProsOnline chat was easy. Our rep answered all my questions. She was very knowledgeable and kind.
ConsNo dislikes at this point. learning to navigate the website has been pretty easy
February 27, 2019
Nikole H.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
November 3, 2016

“Time Clock Wizard is great!”

OverallThe ease of use is awesome! I can print payroll reports, keep track of my employees and know where they clock in and out at!
ProsMy employees can clock in and out using the mobile app! Effective at keeping track of where my employees clock in and out with the gps tracker!
ConsNothing I don't like!
November 3, 2016
Adrian H.
Office Assistant
Printing, 1-10 employees
March 16, 2019

“Excellent!!”

ProsThe support team is very personable, and helpful and understands how to treat people with kindness. The team is clear and concise.
ConsSet up very user unfriendly...confusing and I totally need the support team great help!!!
March 16, 2019
Richard G.
Accounts Manager
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
March 1, 2019

“Excellent Customer Service”

ProsAnswered by a person, very short hold time, excellent results!
ConsWould like addresses on customers to link to google maps and provide driving instructions.
March 1, 2019
Wilson W.
Human Resources
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
January 26, 2019

OverallClock in and clock off schedules
ProsShe was very helpful. I was very happy to have things fixed so quickly.
ConsNothing. I was very pleased with the support she gave me.
January 26, 2019
Johnny C.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
November 3, 2018

“Works really well for our specialized need!”

OverallIt's a huge help for our organization.
ProsIt's the only software out of the 10+ we tried that works for our needs. I'd say that's a win!
ConsDoesn't have offline mode for the login just yet.
November 3, 2018
Andrei M.
VP
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
January 24, 2019

“Horrible service, glitchy software and rude customer service”

OverallWe paid for a year and once accountant noticed that they overcharged us by 20% over previous year they would not refund the payment even though the service was used for less than a month into the new year plan. We customer service of this company was very rude about this incident.
ProsThere is really no pros. There are plenty services out there that offer better features and cost much less!
ConsThere are a lot of glitches in timesheet function. Just selecting the right employee in timesheet is a challenge. You will be dealing with their bugs that they never fix forever. Costs 3 times higher then their competitor pricing. They increase the subscription price without any notice and you are locked in if you selected a yearly plan.
January 24, 2019
Lora F.
Retail, 11-50 employees
January 7, 2019

“Time Clock Wizard”

OverallMy overall experience was one of frustration. I think the Wizard would work best in a professional environment with employees that are responsible enough to handle remotely clocking in and out.
ProsThe best feature of this software was that it figured hours, and the time sheet could be printed, with hours already added up.
ConsYou could not update more than one day at a time. There was no way to make multiple corrections for the same employee, during the same week, at one time. Making corrections was a time consuming process.
January 7, 2019
Jason C.
Children's Pastor
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
February 10, 2018

“Good product - I wish the app had a little more flexibility”

OverallIt has really helped us serve our employees better.
ProsIt's overall a good product and does what it is supposed to. We are able to manage several employee's time with this
ConsWish the app had a little more flexibility. It would be nice for the employees to be able to correct their own time on their app when they make a mistake.
February 10, 2018