PowerSchool Student Information System Ratings

Overall

About PowerSchool Student Information System

The PowerSchool SIS covers administrative needs, such as scheduling, attendance, reporting, data management, faculty management, emergency/medical and health management, registration, and more. Teachers love our SIS because its easy to use and boasts an industry-leading gradebook, PowerTeacher Pro. Users enjoy a fully web-based SIS that is flexible, configurable, and scalable with real-time updates on any operating system, browser or device. Learn more about PowerSchool Student Information System

Michael B.
Coordinator of Network and Technology Services
December 5, 2018

“PowerSchool - What I wish I still Had”

OverallPowerSchool is everything I want in a Student Management System. It has all the features you could dream for, and if not for a lack of top quality State Reporting, we should still be happily using it. If it wasn't a decision made over my head (unusual) we would still be using it. Almost daily I find another integration program that we want to be using, while we do something very painful. Today alone I had to write a custom export conversion to make our current (non-PowerSchool) exports work correctly with our other vendors. In PowerSchool, I could script this by design, with all the featureset imaginable. PowerSchool isn't necessarily super easy, but it's easier than most. Need a quick enrollment check? It's on the front screen. Need to see where a kid is, how they are doing, their attendance, it's on the Quick Lookup Screen. Why are they failing? Click the grade and see the gradebook assignments. It's just that easy.
ProsPowerSchool was a fast, powerful student management system. The customizations were vast, and when properly trained, performed by indistrict staff. Custom Fields, Custom Reports, Custom Exports, Direct Database Exports and Imports. These are features that should be standard in many Student Information Systems, but unfortunately Not. PowerSchool also integrates very easily with a number of other applications. There is a built in export / import scheduler. There is an API, and many other features that take much time. The navigation system is superb, and the "selection" driver for searches and reports allows for vast customization and detail. We created custom reports for Honor Roll certifications, Perfect Attendance, and a number of very regular activities.
ConsPowerSchool was behind the ball when it came to State Reports. It didn't keep up often, and many of the reporting fields required duplication in a separate area of the data just to populate. Sometimes a student's demographic record would say one thing, and the report tab would say another. Constant looking at Reporting Release notes was necessary to make sure things were working correctly. Many support calls were made to make sure state reporting was working appropriately. Also, not a normal problem, but PowerSchool didn't focus on it's relationships with at least our State well enough. Without good support to the State, and communication, it allowed a 3rd party to swoop in gobble up much of our reason. I am actually angry, because we don't have PowerSchool anymore.
December 5, 2018
Alison W.
PowerSchool Administrator
51-200 employees
October 10, 2017

“Student-based SIS, great usability, easy to learn, rigid yet pliable, modifiable.”

ProsPowerSchool SIS is a great student-based SIS. It is easy to use, and easy to modify to what you need it to be. I like that we are able to modify and customize pages, it has made it easy for us to streamline the product to use for re-enrollment, pre-registration, and keeping up-to-date on student information. It has allowed us to bridge the gap between when PowerSchool did not yet have partner products and today where it has plenty of partners and other tools available, however, due to the customization we are able to do without many of the paid additions. I like that the software was also, easily learnable. I took over the role as PS Admin from a true tech genius, and was able to learn the software within a year, and make it my own within two while also teaching and working IT. I only had to consult a small handful of times for issues that even left them scratching their head, which is very reassuring.
ConsWhile PowerSchool SIS is a great system, there are some areas that could use some help. There are plenty of times and locations where you will see the message "Cannot be undone." or "Submit only if you know what you are doing and it is absolutely necessary" or something to that effect, however, there are other areas where it is just as dangerous and nonreversible that lack any warning. We had a user delete three years worth of student grade records by hitting the return key in USM rather than hitting the button to modify. It went with the delete command, which is right next to modify (I would personally prefer them on opposite sides of the screen where I cannot personally mess that one up), but it also deleted without the checkbox to verify the delete command being checked. I also hate that as the scheduler (I do it all), I have to schedule twice essentially due to co-teaching, once to build the framework with the lead teacher in PowerScheduler, and again on the live-side to add co-teachers. Additionally, since this is a student-based SIS, there are some limitations for parents and families. There are a lot of times that we need to manually move data with families, the parent account setup, at least according to the parents, could be easier.
October 10, 2017
Heidi S.
Computer Technician
E-Learning, 51-200 employees
October 2, 2019

“PowerSchool SIS”

OverallThe PowerSchool experience has been positive. It is very convenient to have the functions we need in a school setting all in one place. It has made managing student information very efficient.
ProsThe capabilities and information that is available at your fingertips is extremely helpful. Very easy to pre-enroll and enroll students. We have account creation automated through PowerSchool, so when a student is enrolled, within 24 hours their school accounts are created, such as Active Directory, email, etc. This is very handy for our department. Some of the features available in PowerSchool are: information management, reporting, IEP tracking , admissions management, billing and payment, student information management, student portal, parent portal, registration and scheduling, gradebooks and transcripts to name a few. Having everything in one place has been convenient for our staff and students.
ConsThere are so many bells and whistles, sometimes it is hard to figure out how to complete a task. However their help menu is very helpful. We also have the privilege of having our ISD available for help.
October 2, 2019
February 11, 2019

“Using PowerSchool since 2008”

OverallWe love PowerSchool. This software has streamlined our school processes. Having all of our student information so readily available to us is definitely convenient. Some of our schools have even started to email report cards to parents. This has saved so much money in paper and mailing.
ProsOne of the best reasons to use PowerSchool is that this software is all encompassing for the school district. We use this software for attendance, grades, teacher grade book, reports, state reporting, and even to manage our lunch program and student fees. PowerSchool keeps parents and students informed. Parents (and students) have real-time access to their student's information which includes but is not limited to attendance, grades, and lunch balances.
ConsIn the "Old" days, Pearson used to download the state reporting updates automatically overnight for us. Now, I have to go to the PowerSource site to get the download and install the updates myself, which is time consuming and causes me to take PowerSchool offline during the work day.
February 11, 2019
Amanda M.
August 13, 2019

“Fantastic product”

ProsThis is a simple platform that I, as a teacher, use daily to communicate with faculty and students. I post messages, documents, videos, and various other files into individual classrooms I set up for my students. There they can find the syllabus and see how the class is broken up into units. They are alerted by email when changes or updates have been made. For our school faculty page, it's a way for them to post commonly used materials and handbooks, college counseling information, deadlines. It's been an invaluable tool for keeping me organized. And I am NOT that tech savvy and I was able to use it immediately with almost no learning curve.
ConsI feel like I learn about new features all the time. I wish there was a way to learn about them earlier or that they were more obvious in style. Overall, I have very little to say against this program.
August 13, 2019
Juvy M.
November 26, 2018

“Power Up your System with Powerschool!”

OverallRecording and monitoring of students' grades are easy and quick with PowerSchool.
ProsPowerschool gives me POWER to manage student information from attendance, schedule, to grades inputting and printing. It has also great features that stores students' contacts, demographics, cumulative grade information, quick lookup of grades, submit log entry, teacher comments and test results. With all of these, teachers have a great tool as a class record. Likewise, parents have access to monitor their students progress in school while administration has reliable, accurate and responsive information system.
ConsUsing PowerSchool Student Information System, teachers like me has enjoyed recording and monitoring students progress over the year. Indeed, PowerSchool gives me power to manage my students' information in a click, anywhere and anytime. Thank you PowerSchool!
November 26, 2018
September 10, 2018

“Great SIS!”

OverallEasy to use, exceptional features, up-to-date, etc... I'm a big fan of PowerSchool as a SIS!
ProsHere are the pros I see with PowerSchool as an administrator: - Easy-to-use for newcomers - Tons of potential and features - They really do have incredible customer support. They offer a site where you can make suggestions, and upvote other ideas. They do release those features commonly, too. - It's a one-stop-shop for almost every SIS need
ConsDue to some major recent updates with the platform (specifically gradebook becoming web-based, called PowerTeacher Pro), I do not have any major complaints regarding it. I cannot speak to the programming side, but in my role as a troubleshooter for teachers, I find it very easy to use. I have noticed and heard that it doesn't always react/respond well across different OS. Due to the fact that it is web-based, this could be problematic if the internet was down.
September 10, 2018
Seth F.
Renewables & Environment, Self-employed
April 23, 2018

“All though the GUI is a little clunky on the students end, the program is very expandable.”

OverallThe ability to see on my phone and computer, up-to-date information send from the school such as grades, announcements and schedule information.
ProsWhat's really amazing about this software is how it manages to send hundreds of staff members input (grades, attendance, comments) to thousands of students and parents phones, laptops, tablets ect. seamlessly and easily, with plenty of extra essential features such as scheduling, and sign-ups, and substitute teacher logins, usually withourt any hiccups.
ConsThe android application is absolutely dreadful. Announcements rarely display properly and the menu is just a list of text. The app looks awful and many students report frequent crashing. The iOS app is only a slight improvement over the android version with a better GUI and less crashes. Both apps are missing a refresh feature (pull-down) and have no way of checking that the information displayed is current, often only updating a few minutes after the app is opened, causing the wrong days announcements to be displayed, and some students miss crucial information.
April 23, 2018
Sharon T.
Speech-Language Pathologist
July 18, 2019

“Uncomplicated system”

OverallThe system is comprehensive. Everything I need to know for a student can be found within PowerSchool. It is very simple to use, so I don't waste precious time trying to figure things out. I love simple!
ProsPowerSchool Student Information System is so very easy to use. I love that it contains so many features. I can do health records, parent info, attendance, class rosters, student info, special education and testing info, and more can be found in this system for our students.
ConsThis may be on our school corporation's end, but it times out too quickly. When I am searching for students and information, I may be on PowerSchool for a period of time. If I don't click something within a short period of time, it logs me out and I have to log in again. Annoying, but this may be a time set by my employer and not a part of the PowerSchool Student system.
July 18, 2019
Kim B.
School Administrator
July 19, 2017

“Very easy to keep track of all student data. Syncs with other Ed software programs.”

OverallRemote access, timely updates, easy to use, excellent reporting capabilities.
ProsI like the search features and reporting capabilities best. Reports can be exported to a excel for further data manipulation. I use PowerSchool daily. I could not imagine my job without it. I can manage student and staff infomation remotely. This syncs with student registration and discipline softwares. PowerSchool has been the foundation for my school district for almost twenty years. Updates and support are timely and easy to facilitate. You can't go wrong with PowerSchool.
ConsPowerSchool is a web based application. When internet access goes down so does PowerSchool. That is the only issue I ever have. Which is really not a PowerSchool issue at all, especially since the ability to log on from anywhere is a huge plus.
July 19, 2017
Danieal J.
Adminstrative Assistant
June 18, 2019

“Best Software to Access Student Records for Parents”

OverallInformative and efficient in recording all student data.
ProsI have a child in the 2nd and 11th grade. I am able to navigate both students information under one account. As a parent, I enjoy using Powerschool to stay up-to-date with my children teachers, classes and grades. I like how I can view every assignment, test, quiz or project; by its name, date and grade without contacting the teacher. Powerschool keep records of attendance, school events, and class schedules; to name a few. I like how the Powerschool software gives my children a sense of accountability. My high schooler cannot state any excuses of not knowing her assignments or grades. Students are provided with their own access to Powerschool which helps them keep up with their own grades.
ConsThe software generates each student with an username and password for the parents and students. The parent are allowed to change their password. Although, my information remains the same, I have had to recreate my account several times throughout the school year...using the same information!
June 18, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
March 21, 2019

“PowerSchool Review”

OverallPowerSchool allows me to be up-to-date on my son's assignments and grades on my mobile device. It's ease of use allows me to check whenever needed.
ProsPowerSchool is a great tool for both me and my child. It is easy to navigate and displays perfectly on mobile devices. I can access grades, assignments and GPA quickly and easily. It is a streamlined and modern format, buttons are accessible and the dashboard gives you all necessary information on one screen. The classes button nicely displays each class, grade and assignments associated with that class. I also love the new schedule feature.
ConsSince this is the first software program we have used related to school information I don't have anything to compare it to. It hasn't presented any challenges for us yet.
March 21, 2019
Angie B.
Cafeteria Assistant
January 8, 2018

“I have had a great experience with Powerschool!”

ProsThere are several things that I like about Powerschool. I get nightly emails that notify me of my children's grades. This is helpful to let me know if they have missing assignments. Powerschool also has links to view their lunch accounts, see their standardized test scores, and more. This software is also great because it can help a parent monitor their children's attendance. The software is easy to use and a great asset to our school.
ConsThe thing I like least is that I continue to get the email notifications even when the kids are out on Spring Break and other breaks.
January 8, 2018
November 21, 2018

“PowerSchool for everyone”

ProsPowerSchool SIS has been around for a long time. The software has eveloved with the needs of the schools and the parents. We have many districts in our state running this SIS and I don't think we could ever change. The SIS is easy to use as a teacher, student, parent, office personnel, and it is easy to support. There are many custom addons and other features PowerSchool can accomodate if not native to the plateform.
ConsSomtimes we have diffuclut time reaching knowledgable support staff when we have issues.
November 21, 2018
Bryan H.
May 28, 2019

“Tracking a kids progress”

OverallPower School is one of those things that makes teaching easy. The quick look up toolshelp you in the spare of the moment.
ProsPower School helps kept track of a child's attendance, grades and tardiness. It also allows the teacher and Administration to look up the demographics so that they know who the child's guardians are. And it also helps contact the parents encase there is a emergency.
ConsThe only issue I have had with Power School is the customer support at times. And that is usually a State wide issue.
May 28, 2019
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees
September 17, 2018

“Lots of good features, but overcomplicated.”

OverallI used Powerschool for about 2 years when I worked as a teacher. We did not have access to all the tools that Powerschool provides, for it has many features that are not that user friendly. It would take a very extensive training to be able to use Powerschool completely, something us teachers hardly have spare time for. Eventually we changed to Renweb, and it was way easier to work with, and in less time.
ProsPowerschool does come with a lot of features that let you integrate most of the tools you need to run a school. Nice interface.
ConsLack of integration with spreadsheets (which could make your work easier if you're in a hurry), and not that user friendly. Over complicated processes for lists, etc. I know other school softwares that are way easier to use.
September 17, 2018
Isa D.
Registrar
February 1, 2017

“Perfect Student Information System”

OverallWe have used PowerSchool for 10 years and have no plans to switch. The user interface can be a little daunting at first and its organization (at least for administrators) may not always seem logical. There is definitely a learning curve. On the other hand, if you have a question, support is always eager to help and show you the way with almost no wait times. PowerSchool keeps improving and are constantly adding features, which makes it attractive.
ProsI like their wonderful customer service and that they they are adding new features and services.
ConsNavigating the system is not always very intuitive for administrators.
February 1, 2017
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees
December 31, 2018

“A great product for any school.”

OverallI have used PowerSchool since 2003 and love working with it. It has changed over the years and i have found the changes to be improved to our benefit each time.
ProsIt saves a lot of time and is easy to use. It is very helpful to the Administrators and Teachers with all information for the students. Parents can view all information online for their child only and information from the school. Historical information is great.
ConsThere is nothing that i can think that i like the least at this time.
December 31, 2018
Philanthropy, Unspecified
April 17, 2018

“Overall, PowerSchool is a great method for teachers and administrators to maintain academics.”

ProsThe best part about the software is the ability for users to contact both students and parents in a timely manners. It is also much easier to contact groups of students if the need for this arises. Also, the building of and construction of classes is fairly easy to create.
ConsWhen moving from student to student and the entering of grades, the saving option and instant updates to the grade structure lag a little. Must go through multiple steps in order to do this.
April 17, 2018
Museums and Institutions, 1-10 employees
June 8, 2019

“Good communication tool- When teachers use it”

ProsParents can see their students' progress in almost real time. I get notifications whenever a teacher inputs a grade for my child, allowing me to have conversations with them about their learning on a regular basis and without having to wait for progress reports or report cards.
ConsThis does require teachers to input grades on a regular basis, and regrettably, not every teacher does. The software design, while effective, does feel a bit clunky. For example, if I get a notification about a grade change, it takes many. many seconds from my logging in to see that new grade pop up.
June 8, 2019
July 16, 2019

“Power school upgrades”

ProsThey listened to concerns and came out with updates to fix issues. Our administrators send out upgrade tutorials so we have the cutting edge knowledge. Once you use it regularly it becomes second nature.
ConsInability to run reports with specific field of information. Had to rely on administrators to update and create reports that weren't standard. No friendly user manual, used one created by our administrators.
July 16, 2019
August 3, 2018

“Powerschool has revolutionized grading!”

ProsPowerschool Pro has all the features I need. I can publish and push grades out to parents. I can hold back formative assessments. I can create groupings. I can scan all of my class sections for proficiency at a button click.
ConsPowerschool can take a little while to setup. You will need to tutor parents on how to use Powerschool. The reports are amazing, but take time to figure out how to run them properly.
August 3, 2018
Nolan V.
Principal
Education Management, 1-10 employees
September 27, 2019

“PowerSchool- Just ok....”

OverallAs I said, this was nice for our teachers to have the ability to share grades live with their parents, however it left me drained as the Admin with always having to fix and reassign IDs and such when it locked our teachers or parents out.
ProsGradebook and SIS all in one place that allowed parents to interact and view live grades on a daily basis. Creating new profiles was easy... for students, not so much faculty.
ConsThe user interface was aged. It felt way older than it should have been. It also was a PAIN to set up new years, calendars, etc. If there is a warning when setting things up that says, "If you do this step wrong, you can kiss a weekend of your life goodbye fixing the problem," then something isn't right, in my opinion. The parent portal was nice, but again, not as user friendly as I think it could have been.
September 27, 2019
April 5, 2019

“Intuitive system”

OverallPowerSchool has been the SIS system of choice since I was hired in the district 3 years ago as a Secretary. The training provided along with the manual have made it easy to input and export any important data in regards to our students.
ProsAll of the reports that can be generated with any given piece of information through the quick export function.
ConsNot being able to pull emails for our parents to reach out directly from the school.
April 5, 2019
Rusty L.
It Tech/Administrator
February 21, 2019

“Educational User/IT Administrator”

ProsThe interface is easy to use and understand, it is great for keeping student information in one place, as well as for keeping track of parent/guardian contact information together. They constantly are making improvements to their program.
ConsThe cost is expensive, and if you want the student management system and the class room systems each one is separate cost.
February 21, 2019
Peter C.
March 7, 2018

“Standard of SIS”

OverallWorks for everything we need. However, since it is so integral, we can't look to new technology (like cloud based computing) because it doesn't work with PS.
ProsThe program is easy to use and works across many different platforms and plugins. Overall, works for our school's specific need.
ConsPowerSchool has been promising that they will have a version of their gradebook that works on chromebooks, which has not been delivered as of yet.
March 7, 2018
Crystal G.
Special Education Teacher
January 1, 2018

“I use this program to track my child's attendance and grades everyday. ”

ProsI like that I have immediate access to my child's attendance down to the minute. I receive my child's attendance immediately, so that I can call her whenever she's marked absent. Teacher mistakes can be corrected immediately. Additionally, I am able to track her grades and assignments whenever and wherever I'm at. I use this program more than any other program on my phone.
January 1, 2018
Marla H.
Curriculum/Tech Director
May 17, 2017

“Overall we are very pleased with PowerSchool and have been for the past 9 years. It is great.”

ProsI like that it works on a daily basis without a hitch. If it does go down we usually just reboot and all is good to go. I also like that they continually do updates and work with outside partners with add ons such as online registration.
ConsIn the past when we did an update, we always had to call tech support because we would have some small issue. The last two updates have went well.
May 17, 2017
Kimberly B.
teacher
October 6, 2019

“Everything in one place”

OverallAny one assigned to the students can see all the information about them. Their classroom teacher and administrators have access to this information.
ProsI like that I can find out information about my students in one place. It even has medical codes and information about students.
ConsI don't really have any cons with this program. Once you figure out where everything is, it's super easy to use.
October 6, 2019
April 3, 2019

“Powerful SIS for schools”

OverallPowerSchool provides us the tools to communicate with parents in an efficient and reliable way.
ProsThis program has a fabulous integration between school and parent access. Grade books, attendance, behavior, and all other aspects are updated in Real Time. The online registration process has been a tremendous help to our secretarial staff.
ConsFirst time users have a learning curve. Many new teachers report that it is not intuitive or user friendly for learning. Seems to have a compatibility issue with Mac OS.
April 3, 2019
Andrew K.
Occasional Teacher
March 28, 2019

“Does what you need it to do.”

ProsFrom a teacher's point of view, it does exactly what I need. It allows me to easily take attendance, and allows my supply teachers to do the same.
ConsThis isn't necessarily a knock on the software, but I wish I had more control over reporting. This is probably something that is locked at the administrative level, and not a developer issue.
March 28, 2019
Ashlee O.
Curriculum Technology Specialist
E-Learning, 5001-10,000 employees

“Full of functionality.”

OverallStoring all school and student information, schedules, grades, student information, contact information, reports, district data
ProsTons of features, love that everything is stored in one location. Like the ability to create and save SQl4 reports.
ConsSometimes clunky with many screens to navigate. Wish I could have a favorite button for most commonly used features instead of navigating to them each time.
Rocio A.
Executive Assistant
July 11, 2017

“PowerSchool works well for our schools and is used a lot in different educations organizations. ”

OverallEasy to find most student information in just one software.
ProsThis software is easy to use and learn without being taught. Overtime, you can learn the shortcuts and that helps a lot.
ConsI do not like that it logs us off so quickly if it is not being used but we can probably set the time to a longer stretch, but for security reasons, we don't.
July 11, 2017
Chris C.
Math Instructor
June 27, 2017

“School Teacher For grading and attendance”

ProsQuick and easy to use, can create presets for assignments so you can quickly create assignments. And ability to copy assignments to other classes or create copies saves so much time.
Consgradebook setup can be confusing at first, because there is so much functionality with it. Once you understand the choices it is not hard though.
September 13, 2019

“Good management software”

OverallI use this product daily. It aids with home communication.
ProsGood student management software. Stores all relevant information about students, including food allergies, which is helpful.
ConsMy complaints are very minimal. Better tracking of year to year progress? A way to weed out inactive emails?
September 13, 2019
Muriel C.
PowerSchool Coordinator
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees
August 15, 2019

“Great!”

OverallIt makes the calculation of grades and printing of reports in the school so easy. Also to have access of students information in the system, makes it so easy to see their discipline records or contact information.
ProsI like everything that i have used in powerschool. It is always more features being added.
ConsNothing that i can think about at this time.
August 15, 2019
Jennifer P.
E-Learning, 51-200 employees
August 10, 2019

“Helpful for reports”

OverallI use it because I have to.
ProsAs a teacher it is nice that I can run various reports about students.
ConsIt really isn't user friendly. So many features could be easily linked together that are not. For example, running a report with student, name, email address, parent name, and email address is no existent.
August 10, 2019
July 25, 2018

“Great oversight with older students”

OverallCan keep up with what's happening with my kids more easily.
ProsI have no idea how complex the software is to configure and maintain, but as a parent of older students, it's invaluable to me. It gives me the chance to stay on top of what's happening academically so things don't get too out of hand before I ask or do anything .
ConsIt's not a con as much as a wish. The app has the kids' schedules already. It would be great if the class or teacher linked to the teacher website. At the start of the year, I always go through and bookmark everything that comes home, but those links inevitably get lost. Would be great to have them attached to the schedule.
July 25, 2018
Dawn W.
Facilities Manager
May 7, 2018

“I love being up to date on my child's progress.”

ProsI can see real time updates on my child's progress. Teachers add assignments and grades daily and I don't have to wait until the next progress or report card to know how my child is doing.
ConsOnly the teachers that don't use it regularly. This is not a software issue though. It's a teacher issue.
May 7, 2018
Anna H.
Childcare Worker
May 13, 2018

“I use this to access my grades. ”

ProsI like that I can see my current and past grades. I also like that I can see my attendances and most information related to my school.
ConsI cannot find my class ranking anywhere! I also do not know how to find my unweighted GPA. It can also be a pain to log into it.
May 13, 2018
Boston H.
Central Office
April 19, 2018

“Powerschool makes grading school work a breeze. Brings functionality to this lengthy process. ”

ProsSome of the pros on this product are its accessibility to teachers, students, and parents/guardians. Makes keeping track of grades easy.
ConsThe only con with this product is sometimes it crashes. If they can fix the performance consistency, then I'll have no issues.
April 19, 2018
Ben D.
Science Teacher
September 7, 2017

“A One Stop Shop for Student Information”

ProsThis program offers access to all the information I could want about my students, all in one place with an easy to use interface.
ConsThis software sometimes has problems importing grades and other data into its system. Although, it can be done, it sometimes feels clunky how it is done.
September 7, 2017
Alexandra V.
ITS
June 27, 2017

“Our school district uses PowerSchool. It is a wonderful program. ”

ProsI like the levels of use. For teachers, they can track attendance, lunch accounts, grades, and parent information. At the school and district, you can track data trends and share information among multiple programs. As a parent, I love the information I can track on my children.
Cherie B.
June 26, 2017

“Excellent Program and Willing to Make Changes”

OverallEase of access as well as connection to parents.
ProsHaving easy access to all grades and assignments and being able to access it on my phone when grading anywhere.
ConsSwitching to online changed some of the screen sizes and took away assignment averages feature. Thankfully they have begun fixing much of that.
Alyssa S.
teacher
August 12, 2019

“PowerSchool Review”

OverallI love that I have the ability to run reports, see student demographics, and so much more!
ProsI like how much information is available about students and can be accessed from anywhere.
ConsI can nothing that needs to be improved with this software.
August 12, 2019
Environmental Services, 51-200 employees
May 22, 2019

“Grade checking app”

OverallOverall, I love powerschool because it allows you to be able to communicate with your teacher.
ProsI love how you can write comments so the parents can read why the student made a certain grade
ConsI don't like how you can't see your GPA during the semester.
May 22, 2019
Brittany L.
April 2, 2019

“Wonderful”

ProsI love the fact that Powerschool is so easy to use. I can toggle in and out and find/enter information with east
ConsThere really isn't anything that I would change about PowerSchool. Many of my complaints were addressed with the last update.
April 2, 2019
Education Management, Self-employed
December 6, 2018

“Powerschool for students”

OverallI've loved using Powerschool.
ProsI like that it lets us know any health problems that the student may have. This is something that scares me a bit about subbing, not knowing what health problems they have and knowing what to do.
ConsI just wished that along with the health information it told us what to do if they were to face a problem that required our help, for example having an asthma attack.
December 6, 2018
Patty S.
PowerSchool ministrator
July 13, 2018

“I have been using PowerSchool for well over 10 years! I does just about everything, I love it.”

OverallIt makes my job easier!
ProsIt's already setup and everyone who uses it is already trained. We will never change to a different system.
ConsSome things are not easy to do. But once you figure out how to do something it never leaves you.
July 13, 2018
Wayne P.
Teacher/Tech Director
June 26, 2017

“Technology educator/tech director for 10 years”

ProsThe number of functions and capabilities is head and shoulders above others. The ability to migrate information to and from other applications.
ConsCost has risen to the point where our district is considering other alternate options. I'm not happy with this idea. :-(