Push Operations Ratings

Overall

About Push Operations

Push Operations is a cloud based payroll system for restaurants. It gives owners full transparency into their business with a single place to schedule, track time, process payroll, manage their staff information, and see real time labour reports. Pick the components of the platform your business needs to tailor your payroll system to you. Learn more about Push Operations

Mike P.
Director Of Finance
Food & Beverages, 501-1000 employees
July 30, 2019

“Review on Push Operations”

OverallIt's been overall very positive.
ProsVery intuitive, very easy to use. Small business, so they listen to what you need, and if there are any issue
ConsCustomer service can be a bit slow sometimes; but often it's because I want something that added to the program that doesn't already exist.

By Push Operations on July 31, 2019
Hey Mike, Thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate the honest feedback and we are always working on ways to improve new feature requests. -Tianna
Craig P.
Managing Partner

“Push Software ”

OverallWe use a third party to process payroll and use push to generate the information
ProsEase of use for the staff plus accountability for time off an shift change requests.
ConsSome of the challenges handling administrators access.

By Push Operations on August 7, 2019
Hey Craig, Glad the system is working for you. If you notice access to be difficult we would love more information on that feedback. Contact our support email and let us know what is causing you problems. We may be able to fix it. Contact support@pushoperations.com. - Tianna
teena S.

“Push - scheduling”

OverallOverall, the experience has been above average. Guest experience is great.
ProsMy team uses the scheduling feature. This saves several hours, with the team adding in their own availability and admin using the information to schedule 2 -3 weeks out.
ConsIf employees work in more than one class, under the same company, they don't get just 1 T4 but up to 6 of them. It's a hassle.

By Push Operations on July 31, 2019
Hey Teena, Thank you for the review and we appreciate the honesty. I would like to try and fix the T4 issue you are having. Can you send a bit more information about it to support@pushoperations.com? -Tianna
Rick K.
Owner/GM
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
August 6, 2019

“Re: Review on Push Operations Payroll Feature”

OverallI am a one man show and Push Operations' Payroll Feature has enabled me to spend my limited time on being an effective leader focusing on the operations for the furtherance of the company rather than doing daily tasks to stay intact.
ProsAutomated stat pay calculations, clock ins/outs, user empowered communication platform such as staff leaving special requests such as vacation pay, incorrect punch in/out notes, etc.
ConsI can't really pin point anything at this point but if I had to leave a feedback on its challenges are the development of its mobile apps to feature more wholesome and advanced usability for admin users.

By Push Operations on August 8, 2019
Hello Rick, So glad we can help make your life easier! We have lots of new mobile features coming down the pipeline to help admins do more away from their desks. - Tianna
Jo B.
Manager of Human Resources and Administration
November 19, 2018

“Takes away the stresses of payroll”

OverallThe easiest payroll system ever! complimented by an amazing support team. It doesn't get any better than Push Operations for payroll
Prosthis is the easiest payroll system I have ever used! It is easy to maneuver your way around the system and it is so quick to complete. I have never been able to complete payroll faster than this system. This frees me up for getting on with other work. The support team are amazing! They are always so very helpful and courteous
ConsThis is a tough question as it is very hard to find something that I dislike. If I really had to think of something I guess it would be that if I complete an offrun and there has been a stat day, I have to remember to make that calculation and add it to the run
November 19, 2018
January 24, 2019

“Making Payroll Easy”

OverallPUSH has afforded us a level of transparency allowing us to drill down and understand exactly where our labour dollars are being spent; by the department, position, employee, and even the hour. By using PUSH, we have streamlined our payroll processing allowing us to reduce not only the time it takes to run a payroll but also our overall labour costs.
ProsThe software is straight forward and easy to learn. It has allowed us to better match staffing to demand and most importantly, control our labour costs. The support staff are friendly, responsive and very knowledgeable. They intuitively understand hourly labour in the hospitality sector.
ConsIf PUSH could provide product updates faster it would be appreciated as there are a few areas for improvement with the software (i.e. employees cannot view timesheets on the time clock). But we are grateful for the platform they have developed and the support they continue to provide and are confident that their development team will have a solution within a few months.

By Push Operations on August 7, 2019
Hey, Thanks for the great review! The employee clock ins and clock outs can be seen in the employees Push Scheduler once the hours are approved. We are moving away from time sheets because the changes on the sheets could not be tracked and sending it direct to the employees app gave them a greater line of sight. If you have a special case and have not heard from us yet can you contact support@pushoperations.com and we can do our best to make the system work for you. - Tianna
January 24, 2019
August 1, 2019

“Great product for small/medium company”

OverallLabor management, scheduling and time & attendance issues.
ProsVery user friendly, easy to setup, excellent customer service.
ConsCould use some more reporting for auditing. Does not interface with Quickbooks yet.

By Push Operations on August 2, 2019
Thanks for the great review! If you want to send an idea in on reports you think we could be missing you can do to "submit an idea" at the bottom of our home page. We would love to learn more about the reports you want to see. - Tianna
Paul S.
February 6, 2018

“OUTSTANDING Do-It-Yourself Payroll and Scheduling Product! Goodby ADP and Ceridian!”

ProsWe moved from ADP and it was a night and day difference. The ease of running payroll and setting up a weekly schedule is hardly worth comparison. As well, the integration between timekeeping, scheduling, and running payroll makes services like ADP seem like complete dinosaurs. No need for a clunky time-clock - employees clock in and out on an iPad. Holidays are automatically calculated - Yay! I literally spend about 2 minutes to run payroll. Finally, submitting an ROE is as easy as clicking one button. Two major headaches removed from my workflow. This industry has been waiting a long time for a product like this. Don't think twice about moving to Push. Rid yourself of the pains of payroll and scheduling.
ConsNavigating user permissions and categories can be confusing at times. There have been a couple of times where I have had to contact customer support in order to locate a user permission.
February 6, 2018
Brad S.
December 28, 2017

“Using push has saved me at least 10 hours per month with scheduling and payroll services. ”

ProsI love the web interface. It's clear and easy to use and makes running payroll a breeze. Scheduling is incredibly easy and allowing different users separate permissions has helped me a lot in terms of delegating certain tasks to different staff. I have referred many people to push, and I will continue to do so.
ConsI don't like that the website does not work very well from phone/tablets. I can't approve hours or shift changes unless I'm at a desktop/laptop. This is quite annoying and I hope that you can fix this issue in the coming months.
Paula M.
Senior Administrator
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
February 26, 2019

“Fantastic Product!”

OverallExcellent Product, Fantastic Support, Easy to Use, Professional & Concise
ProsThe personal support and the emailed chat conversation that is provided after getting assistance. The reps are amazing!
ConsThe "online manual" is not very helpful at all. That is definitely balanced out by the level/style of customer support provided though.

Hey Paula, Thanks for the great review! - Tianna
February 26, 2019
Martin B.
Construction, 1-10 employees

“Good Service”

ProsEasy to use and very convenient. Love the ability to login and adjust hours for our guys
ConsSometimes it doesn't capture employees login.

By Push Operations on August 7, 2019
Hey Martin, Thanks for the great feedback. The system should be catching those employee logins. If you notice this continuing to happen please contact our support team at support@pushoperations.com and we can work on fixing that for you. - Tianna
Janelle D.
May 7, 2018

“Easy program for both staff and management to use”

ProsThe ability it gives the staff to find their own replacements for shifts. I can post the schedule and if anyone wants to trade or give up a shift, I know that the other person has accepted the change by the shift swap request.
ConsI have been using the system since April 2017 and have not found anything to complain about. The least liked feature would be the employee request screen that lists all asked for requests. Would be nice to sort by date and hide last years requests.
Tara H.
Operations Manager
July 18, 2019

“Time Saving”

ProsThe ease of running payroll with this system saves so much time and stress.
ConsOne very small issue is that when you are creating push messages if it times out your draft is not saved.

By Push Operations on July 22, 2019
Hello Tara, Thank you for your great review of Push Operations. I think your draft idea is a great one. We have an idea submission page that goes straight to our development team. Here is the link so you can submit your idea to us. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe-bTEf6w4YGh-66trd3MKfxBX-C-pQJqEPO1ypLFvX_xHlYQ/viewform
July 18, 2019
Krista T.
Director of Hotel Operations
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
February 22, 2019

“Use friendly ”

OverallPush makes it easy to run payroll and has been a reliable user friendly system.
ProsEasy to use. Simple step by step online manuals. Excellent live chat option for assistance the reps in customer service are phenomenal.
Cons that it caters to restaurant scheduling. We are a hotel and would love to see the system grow and be able to code: hotel occupancy, arrivals and departures so that we could use the scheduling system in full.

By Push Operations on August 7, 2019
Hey Krista, Thanks for the feedback I will tell my team about the feedback you have provided. I don't believe there is a plan to expand this year but it may be something we look at in the future. - Tianna
February 22, 2019
Debra W.
December 28, 2017

“Push has been fantastic, I have cut the time down on processing my scheduling and payroll”

ProsThe ease of having my schedule combined with my staff clock in and clock out, and have it communicate with my payroll has saved time and money doing stat count backs, processing ROEs T4s and really just everything.
ConsThe scheduling module still needs work for ease of use, but is a work in progress. Excellent upgrades have been made in the year and a half that we have been using it. I am sure this will continue.
Jaclyn G.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
July 31, 2019

“Push makes it easy!”

OverallPush takes care of our payroll so we can focus our efforts and energy on our top priority - providing exceptional service to those experiencing fertility struggles!
ProsPush takes the reign on payroll so we don't have to worry about if things are correct or not, they get it right every time! It makes our company flow so much better and takes away a lot of anxiety and stress.
ConsNot necessarily a con, but when you submit a question to them you receive an auto e message saying they have received it. Getting another email, without the answer is not great, I would prefer to just wait for my answer.

By Push Operations on August 1, 2019
Hello Jaclyn, Thanks for the great review! I understand getting the extra email can always be a little frustrating but we found that extra email helped people confirm we got the request, lowering the amount of people who emailed us a second time and helped us lower our response time. - Tianna
July 31, 2019
Swede E.
Director of Operations
November 16, 2018

“Moving to Push was the best thing we could have done!”

ProsPayroll for 60 employees takes minutes. Extremely cost effective. We scan all employee documents and upload the files to the individual record eliminating hard copies. Scheduling is a breeze and easy to learn. Customer support is the absolute best. If you have a restaurant you NEED Push.
ConsAdmin permissions can be a little confusing. Mobile functionality is somewhat lacking at this time
November 16, 2018
Clint T.
December 19, 2017

“Very good one of the bright positive experiences in our industry”

ProsFlexibility and user friendly!! If is the best thing for our staff and managment for scheduling and requesting time off!! Great for both staff & managers
ConsI wish it would communicate with Restaurant manager POS system so we could track our labour!! It was one of the selling features that sold us on it but still after a 11/2 years still not done!! We hear all the time it's close but no go!!!
Rosa M.
General Manager
December 19, 2017

“Good software has really improved our payroll processing”

ProsThe payroll processing is really helpful for my team and has really improved our processes. I appreciate that I can see who else is on vacation when approving requests.
ConsThe entire program could be more intuitive. It is also quite slow to load. I wish there was more option for customization.

By Push Operations on December 20, 2017
Hi Rosa, Thanks so much for the review! Your comments are very important to us. Are there are specific modules or areas of the system that you find slow? I'm curious because our Dev team is currently working on speed optimizations within a few areas and would like to find out if it helps when released.
Alfons B.
December 30, 2017

“Push is saving me lots of time on the daily tasks, payroll is done faster than before I used "Push ”

ProsPayroll can be done online from anywhere, I don't have to go in my business and have to write cheques. The time capture is easy, no more spread sheets, and the staff likes the system as well.
ConsUpgrades for the tablet should be done automatically, or announced per email. Otherwise I do not have any problems with the software or tablet.
December 30, 2017
Jippy T.
Restaurant Hostess
July 11, 2019

“Good payroll software for our Restaurant.”

ProsI work at a small Thai restaurant and needed a good payroll software that was easy and fast and this one didn't disappoint. I tried a few others but this one worked well for our needs. I liked the interface and it was pretty intuitive as well. My manager and I have been using for a little while and would recommend.
ConsIt could have a little more q&a page to answer questions when learning but the customer support was good as well. I would like to use more to fully understand.

By Push Operations on July 18, 2019
Hey Jippy, Thank you for the excellent review. I am glad that Push has worked for your restaurant. Thanks for suggesting more Q & A's I think that is a great idea.If you have any specific issues you want us to work on please email me at contact@pushoperations.com and I would be happy to help you out and make sure those are built out for the next new user! - Tianna
July 11, 2019
Rebecca H.
Accountant
Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees
March 8, 2019

“PUSH review”

OverallOverall, it's been a great experience that has expedited our payroll adventures at the company. From manual work to streamlining it online, we have increased our capacity to serve our employees and efficiently handling new problems that arise.
ProsPUSH is easy to navigate once brief overview of the online platform is reviewed. The photo clock in and clock out serves as an efficient and convenient way for employees and employers to match hours to a given schedule as well.
ConsThere are many features and sometimes one function on the top tab must be entered before being able to access a page of interest such as earnings and deductions which could create increased time spent on accessing some functions.

By Push Operations on August 7, 2019
Hey Rebecca, Thanks for the great review! The feedback you offered is great. If you could send more information to support@pushoperations.com. - Tianna
March 8, 2019
Kevin T.
Comptroller
January 8, 2018

“Payroll is not longer labour intensive for the accounting department”

OverallFree up labour intensive data entry and data transfer between various pages / spreadsheets/ programs. Free up time from payroll administrator to look up info for others, as all users have access to the info that they needed without the need to go through payroll department.
ProsTransparency (managers and staff can check info themselves), Ease of approval between managers and accounting, and Smooth workflow from scheduling
ConsMobile feature could improve to get close to full experience from the web, especially on the accounting side.
Penny L.
Director of Finance
Food & Beverages, 501-1000 employees
May 3, 2018

“They have been great to work with.”

Overalltime savings and accurate reporting
Prosease of use and the team at PUSH is very accommodating. When we request something they have their developers build it.
ConsThere is nothing we do not like about this software The implementation and daily use are so easy !
Julie K.
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
December 21, 2016

“Payroll Software for Restaurants”

OverallPush Operations is a payroll / scheduling software for restaurants. If you're a restaurant, its a solution you should definitely look into as the features are tailored specifically to your operations.
ProsThe product is tailored to restaurants so there are a lot of features that are baked into the system that are made specifically for my operations.
ConsThe time attendance hardware deposit is $. Waiting for them to launch their time attendance mobile app
Recommendations to other buyersGood customer service from Canada
December 21, 2016
Steve G.

“Overall good expeirience”

ProsI find it easy to look at schedules and see daily rosters. I also like that everyone is on direct payment vs the cheques we used to have to issue. Overall having schedules and payroll integrated makes sense for our business
ConsWish full weekly schedules printed better and would like to have a digiatal version of the daily roster available to look at on the login tablet
eric o.
Head Chef
Restaurants, 10,001+ employees

“Fantastic App”

Overallexceptional
ProsThe immediate response of customer service
ConsThe Fact that I can't jump this step cause there is not enough bad feedback

By Push Operations on August 27, 2019
Hey Eric, Thank you for the excellent review! We appreciate the love. Tianna
Justin C.
Hospitality, 1-10 employees

“Great product!”

ProsIntuitive and easy to use! Customer service is fantastic.
ConsNothing to mention - the product works so well.

By Push Operations on August 6, 2019
Hey Justin, Thank you for the great review! - Tianna
Sherri R.
HR
December 7, 2017

“Everything in one place and at my fingertips!”

ProsThe program is user friendly, it simplifies everyday tasks, and reduces the risk of error. All the team member info I need is available in one place through reporting that I can customize to my needs.
ConsA few hiccups in functionality but the team at Push is quick (as in immediate!) to resolve any questions, issues, or concerns.
December 7, 2017
Suman D.
Manager, People + Development
Restaurants, 5001-10,000 employees
August 23, 2019

“You're product is great!!”

ProsThe platform is easy to use and incredibly intuitive. Restaurants have an incredibly transient workforce so we love systems that are easy to learn quickly. Part of what I love is the automated features that support calculating labour and completing payroll. It reduced the amount of admin tasks and burden are managers are required to do and makes the entire process streamlined and quick to use. And of course, the platform is on top of compliance!
ConsHaven't found anything that I dislike yet!

By Push Operations on August 26, 2019
Hey Suman, Thanks for the great review! Compliance is our main goal. We will keep making compliance easy for the restaurant industry. Tianna
Jennifer D.
Bookkeeper
May 8, 2018

“User friendly, a great program”

Prosthat in one full complete payroll program. That we can log in from any where and have full control of the payroll.
ConsSometimes processing of the ROE is not instance as it is in other payroll programs that I use. and no reminder email if by change I missed processing one of the payrolls.
May 8, 2018
Gary K.
Chief of Staff
Biotechnology, 11-50 employees
January 8, 2018

“Very efficient and scales easily to meet my needs for the organization.”

ProsEasy to manage team member information. We have grown our business by 3x over the course of the last 12 months, and this application has made payroll administration manageable.
ConsMultiple ways to do a few things, and that I have on occasion selected the wrong method to complete a task.
May 7, 2018

“Pretty decent payroll and time & attendance software. Easy to use, good support, good value.”

ProsEasy to use, visually appealing, pretty reliable. There is a smooth layout and it is pretty intuitive for navigating around the site.
ConsThere is no direct integration with our POS system. Would be much better for transferring data and creating reports.
Becky J.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

“Great product”

ProsThe ease and the organization of information for staff and reporting.
ConsSome of the glitches that occurred from simple user error that impacted payment timing. The service to correct the issue was superb
Kate R.
Talent & Culture Manager
August 7, 2019

“Easy to Use ”

OverallWe use the software for payroll, scheduling, and training purposes. It works well however the scheduling functionality could be a little more user friendly. For example, I've worked with other software that allows you to enter the employee's time off requests and then auto-schedule the team. This would be a nice feature
ProsThe software is user friendly and easy to navigate
ConsIf you are inactive for a certain amount of time, the software logs you out automatically. I use the software throughout the day and would prefer if it allowed me to remain logged in
August 7, 2019
Krystle S.
HR Manager
May 10, 2018

“The features are very basic; I would like to see more HRIS functions as the HR items are primitive ”

ProsThe look of the sight is appealing. It is easy for Managers to get comfortable with the software. Easy payroll application; I process payroll for 5 companies and use the application on a daily basis. I'm happy with the support that PUSH offers.
ConsI would like to see more use of the HR functions. I also find that there some functions that can be streamlined.
KRISTEL D.
Business Analyst
May 7, 2018

“The push team has been great to work with. ”

ProsHelp improve the accuracy and calculations of our payroll. With the customization that we require, they were able to make it happen and support is great.
ConsWe are a "one-off" user so some of the features we can't use. Would love to have an umbrella view of all stores to help debug a bit quicker, but still overall satisfied with their product.
Lily Ann M.
Payroll Administrator
Commercial Real Estate, 51-200 employees

“Awesome Feautures”

ProsVery user friendly, easy to navigate and understand
ConsSo far, none that i think of at this time

By Push Operations on August 14, 2019
Hey Lily, Thanks for the great review so glad the system has been easy to use for you and the team. Tianna
Chantal P.
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
August 6, 2019

“Easy to use, and way better than doing yourself”

ProsIt is easy and they take care of all payroll, saved us so much money as I was trying to do myself.
ConsThere is nothing I dislike about this software.

By Push Operations on August 7, 2019
Hey Chantal, Thanks for the great review! We are happy the system is working well for you! - Tianna
Brendon K.
December 22, 2017

“Push is very user friendly, and easy to navigate following the initial tutorial.”

ProsThe ease of process payroll and adding earnings/deductions is the biggest draw for me, and is what pulled me away from Payworks to Push.
ConsI wish the total withdrawal amount would be available immediately after processing (including all the fees)
December 22, 2017
Wesley M.
Controller
December 21, 2017

“From implementation to daily use, Grace our Client Success manager has been incredible. Good produc”

OverallMuch simplified and faster payroll process as well as greater oversight and control over labour costs.
ProsI appreciate the layout of the product, having it in the browser allows for amazing flexibility with multiple windows. The scheduler is good, makes communication between managers and staff a breeze with push messages to phone and/or email.
ConsThe reports could use polish, they are not as intuitive or user friendly as the rest of the program.
December 21, 2017
Chantal P.

“It is amazing!”

OverallIt made doing payroll much easier!
ProsEasy to use, my bookkeeper and accountants love it, and when there is a mistake the people are great.
ConsI cant think of anything, honestly. I used to do this myself, and what a waste of time! For the cost, this is amazing.
Samantha S.
Executive Assistant
Market Research, 11-50 employees
May 3, 2018

“Simple to use and the customer service takes the guess of out what I'm doing.”

ProsSimplicity overall. Easy to navigate and edit employee information. Very basic interface and it's not difficult to train others on how to use it.
ConsThe lack of information around what-does-what. Always having to reach out for assistance from customer service reps.