SmartMailer Ratings

Overall
4.2/5
4.3/5

About SmartMailer

Email marketing automation platform that helps businesses with email list validation, auto-responder campaigns and more. Learn more about SmartMailer

Andrew P.
Account Manager
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

“Smart Mailer”

OverallI signed up to Smart Mailer a few weeks ago to send out some basic newsletters to our customers. The sign up process was very simple and their support guys helped me sort out my DKIM and SPF settings for my website which i was told would get me the best delivery possible. Uploading a list was easy and they clean it for free which is awesome. Creating my newsletter was very simple to and Steve one of the support guys was on hand to help me with any questions I had. All in all I had a good experience. They a are apparently working on loads of new features which is cool and I am looking forward to using them. The only thing I would say is that they should make it clearer that they review new customers and their first few emails. I understand that this is to stop spammers etc. and had no delay sending out but it was not too clear that was the process. Most importantly of all. Delivery rocked! I have now moved from Mailchimp.
ProsCreating my newsletter was very simple to and Steve one of the support guys was on hand to help me with any questions I had. Support is super important for me.
Recommendations to other buyersThe only thing I would say is that they should make it clearer that they review new customers and their first few emails. I understand that this is to stop spammers etc. and had no delay sending out but it was not too clear that was the process.

By SmartMailer on November 14, 2016
Thanks for your comments
Nick B.
February 20, 2017

“A great tool for a charity!”

OverallWe met Smartmailer at a networking event in Manchester and offered us a great deal on their new newsletter app. We were currently using Mailchimp and decided to change for one reason, we had a contact at Smartmailer who said he was always on the end of the phone to help if we had questions or issues. The first time we used the app he came to our office and talked us through it, and he has always got back to us within the hour on any question we had. The app it self is very easy to use and does so much more than mailchimp, you can change template designs mid flow, photos automatically change size to fit boxes, and you can even set up web links on photos. The app is a pleasure to use! We are only a small Manchester charity and using this app has allowed us to reach more supporters and funders. And they have treated us as a charity, not a corporate customer. Thanks Smartmailer!!!
February 20, 2017
Tim P.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
March 22, 2017

“Watch out MailChimp, ”

OverallWe met the Smart Mailer team at a networking event, we are glad that we did, we have been using mailchimp for a while now but find it impossible to get hold of them to help us, the SM team are just a phone call away and saved us hours trying to find out how to do things. The interface is easy to use and importing data is MUCH more straightforward than MailChimp. There are lots of templates that we can use to quickly compose a mailer without having to spend hours creating them. Great service and great customer support with people that you can actually speak to. We have also asked for some additional features that Mail Chimp could not do, hey presto they have been added FOC for us!
ProsCustomer support is fantastic, I can have more FOC subscribers than MailChimp
ConsThe interface is different to mailchimp but I suppose you will get that with any system when you change.
March 22, 2017
Guillermo R.
Network Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
November 30, 2018

“Great to keep track of your subscriber ”

ProsEasy to use after install and GUI. Also the price is affordable.
Consnot easy to install.. plus vendor support not the best help.
November 30, 2018
Chris H.
September 19, 2016

“Great value, easy to use email marketing platform”

OverallStraightforward easy to navigate email marketing platform for newsletters and more. Integration with 750+ Apps is currently in beta, will be right up there with the established market players once fully released. This is a progressive company who are really going places.
ProsGreat free package with validation, segmentation and autoresponders included. Fantastic price for such a lot of features.
ConsNot many templates available at the present time.
Recommendations to other buyersGive it a try. You'll find it easy to navigate and will save you money on your present deal.

By SmartMailer on October 29, 2016
Thanks Chris.
September 19, 2016
John F.
Managing Director
Financial Services, Unspecified
March 21, 2017

“Wonderful customer support for the uninitiated!”

OverallWe are "low-tech" when it comes to "tech" stuff, but enterprises we manage urgently needed to launch email campaigns. We tried another email software but never got a response to our requests for the tech assistance we needed. BIG difference with SmartMailer: when we had an issue, we had immediate response from customer service. Since then we have used SmartMailer for all of our businesses.
ProsCustomer service
ConsThe email software industry needs software that is intuitive for non-tech people.
Recommendations to other buyersTry it! If you run into a problem, you'll get a quick response.
March 21, 2017
Emil H.
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
October 4, 2017

“Looks good but somehow dont like customers?”

ProsEasy interface and looks easy to use. Setup easy as well with domains and so on. Very simple just how I want it.
ConsFew hours after registering and uploading my Email list my account got suspended. Without any information. Not replying on their chat or mail. (Still waiting) Some of their customers send spam/junk mails. (Yes, received one)
October 4, 2017
John E.
November 14, 2016

“Great Email Marketing tool ”

OverallI was moving into the email marketing space for my business with over 15k subscribers. A friend recommended Smartmailer and overall i've been really impressed. It does what it says on the tin and also provides added features others charge extra for.

By SmartMailer on November 14, 2016
Thanks for your comments
Tim W.
November 15, 2016

“A must use email marketing platform. Fantastic!”

OverallFantastic email marketing platform which is new to the market and far better value for money and much easier to use than some of the current market leaders. Lots of great Features too! A must use for all email marketing needs.
Les T.
October 27, 2016

“Refreshing addition to email marketing”

OverallI started using Smartmailer as it was recommended to me by a colleague. It is a really easy product to use, has all the features that I need plus they are all included in the price, which incidentally is great value!

By SmartMailer on October 29, 2016
Thanks Les
October 27, 2016
Nadia S.
January 28, 2017

“Great service”

Overallthey have excellent customer service, and great features. the difference they have is if your subscribers is less than 2000, you can send them unlimited emails for free.
Prosservice assistance
January 28, 2017
Toni O.
CE
February 6, 2017

“Stole my money”

OverallI made an account and sent the first email. After first email campaign, they blocked my account but they still charge my credit card 2 more months.
ProsNothing
ConsCustomer service
Recommendations to other buyersI can't recommend this service to anyone.

By SmartMailer on February 10, 2017
Unfortunately there will always be people who feel badly done by when things do not work out for them. On this occasion the reviewer started to send spam and so his emails were denied. Despite signing up for a 12 mth contract he was given a full refund for the months that he was unable to send emails.
February 6, 2017
mark n.
Design, Self-employed
November 15, 2016

“Very impressed with SmartMailer”

OverallI started using SmartMailer recently after previously using MailChimp. First impressions are excellent, it compares favourably with MailChimp, which I have used previously on behalf of my clients for their email marketing campaigns, I've been impressed with SmartMailer's features, pricing and customer support
ProsEasy of use, pricing, features and support
Cons I haven't found anything yet, but I only started using it recently.
Recommendations to other buyersGive it a try.