Evernote Business Ratings

Overall

About Evernote Business

Evernote Business brings your teams work together. Create documents, collaborate on projects, and store information all in one place. Teammates can access, edit, upload, and share notes and files from any device--even if theyre offline. Cut through the noise, and quickly find the information you need with powerful search capabilities and integrations with tools you already use. Unify your workflow with Evernote Business. Learn more about Evernote Business

Emeka O.
Digital Skills Trainer
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
August 2, 2019

“I can't find a better replacement yet!”

OverallEvernote has been a very useful app to me. I use it to keep both personal and business journals. I don't have to be carrying diary all around. An amazing experience I've had with Evernote was when I was going through me notes and found a note I wrote 3 years ago. I entirely forgot about the note, but was wowed when I saw it. Evernote had been awesome!
ProsEvernote is a note taking app I started using in 2016, about 3 years ago. It's the best I have yet to see in it's category of products. With Evernote, I'm able to do a couple of things, and that effectively. These include: 1. With Evernote I'm able to write notes, and have them auto-saved when I leaves the app, even without saving them manually. 2. With Evernote I'm able to password protect my notes to maintain my privacy. I can also use finger print to unlock the app, which makes it more fun. The cool part of this feature is that the app automatically locks itself when it is minimized for a while. This helps me protect my privacy. 3. With Evernote, collaborating with teams becomes a lot easier. I and my team can work on a note together. 4. With Evernote, I'm able to chat with other users. This makes collaboration a lot faster. I do not need to exit the app to communicate with fellow collaborators, I can do that right from the app. 5. Evernote allows me a huge amount of space where I can save my notes. The beautiful part is that I can even add voice notes, pictures and other attachments to a note. Is this not amazing ? 6. I do set reminders with Evernote. This helps me effectively manage my time. 7. Evernote helps me to sync my notes online. This allows me to edit my notes across devices. I can write a note on the Evernote mobile app, and edit it on my PC . Beautiful!
ConsThere is a saying that everything that has an advantage equally have a disadvantage. A few cons I've noticed about Evernote include: 1. There is no "forgot pin" option on the pin prompt screen of the Evernote app. This means that if you forgets your Evernote pin, you'll have to uninstall and reinstall it before you can have access to your notes again . 2. The Evernote premium comes with a budget. If you don't have the budget to renew your subscription periodically, you'll be left behind. Aside from these two cons, Evernote is awesome!
August 2, 2019
Zeynel A.
Student
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Self-employed
July 12, 2019

“Ultimate personal digital notebook.”

OverallIt is one of the best options to take notes and organize them. I found it very useful for writing summaries and reviews for book. I can store the files (especially ones I need to reach everyday) I use it as task management and planning system... as draft for comprehensive projects.... and for many applications In short; it is my best productivity tool
ProsBefore I started to use Evernote organizing my notes was something challenging and frustrating to me... I had plenty of pdf files, screenshots in several devices such as my computer, usb disk and mobile phone. And it wasn't an easy task to remember which note was in which device. For not be too dependent on devices I used to mail the word files to myself, causing my dirve to be even messed up. And searching the notes was almost out of option. But with Evernote; I know pretty well to store which note in which folder for my notes to be organized I can reach my notes with any device, as I organized them. I have no problem with finding a note when I need it. I can easily edit the files in Evernote without having to download and upload over and over again. Thanks to auto-saving and auto-uploading feature, power blackout, while writing, is not big issue for my notes, because I know it has been saved and uploaded already. Feature of seeing the previous versions of the notes, makes copying notes redundant. I can download my notes, and can reach them offline as well Its feature of taking photo of books or notebooks and saving them as searchable format is life-saving
ConsYou cannot create nested hierarchies of notebooks. You can only create notebooks and note stacks. But the option of creating sub notes would be useful It doesn't have multilevel listing feature as Microsoft Word has... like 1, 1.1, 1.a ,1.2.1... and so on I want to be able to make check spelling in different languages for different notes, but Evernote is not powerful in this regard. I would like to use web-clipper in Yandex browser too
July 12, 2019
Ross M.
Operations Director
Media Production, 11-50 employees
May 7, 2019

“Essential Tool for Note Organization”

OverallEvernote is one of my 3 essential tracking apps, next to Email and Basecamp. Email tracks communication threads, Evernote tracks my notes, and Basecamp tracks my tasks. It's hard to imagine living without any of these three foundational tools.
ProsEvernote is the ultimate personal digital notebook. It's actually built as a collection of notebooks which allows you to document, well, everything you need to in a highly organized way. I've found that almost all of my thoughts start with Evernote and it serves as a great foundational app for lists, ideas, and concepts that you need to jot down and reference later. The cloud-based approach means your notes instantly live everywhere across all of your devices which is essential, especially because 80% of my use within Evernote is short, quick interactions and I never know on which device I'll need to access something. I don't have time to wait for it to load or to go through a bunch of UI to decide where to put my note.; luckily - Evernote does a good job of keeping the notebook selection process fairly simple so you can make your note and move on with life. I've also found Evernote's search feature to be very strong compared to other applications. I've grown to rely on the search more heavily as my notebook collection has grown.
ConsSometimes note creation is a tad clunky, mainly related to the "Name" of a note. I'll start typing out my note very quickly and then realize that i'm actually in the Name field which is disorienting and leaves my having to cut/paste the Name section into the description. I typically don't know what I want to name a note until I've finished writing it. This problem exists in both the mobile app and desktop versions.
May 7, 2019
Javier O.
Building Inspector
Construction, 11-50 employees
April 4, 2019

“More than just a note taking an it's so much more”

ProsOverall I started using this application for my notes while attending school and I learned more of the in's and outs and the power of taking notes with this app. This app is great if you are in need of having to take notes on the go and having them organized at the same time which the app does for you. If you answer yes to the following questions you will benefit from this application: Do you often have trouble finding something to write with or paper to write notes but you only carry your phone at all times? Do you often talk to your self and come up with good ideas but not enough time to write them down? Do you take pictures and save them in your phone as notes but have trouble sorting through embarrassing photos? Do you have a scanner app on your phone to scan documents just to be able to e-mail that as an attachment? Have trouble keeping your thoughts and notes organized? If you answer yes to one or all those questions basically this app does this for you on the go all in one app. You can take regular notes like a traditional pen on paper on your screen with the widget. You can make a voice note from the widget as well without having to open the app fully. If you think it's a waste of time trying to scan a paper on a physical scanner and then transfer that to your computer and send that important e-mail because you are always on the go or out of the office? No problem this app does that for you.
ConsI have been using the app for more than 2 years and I have to admit that even though it's a great app it does have a few flaws but they are just minor in comparison to all the good things it gets right. You can only have 3 devices per account unless you pay for the premium version. I personally think that the premium version offers a lot of more versatility to the app but I don't pay for this service and keep using the free version. I normally carry this app on my phone, tablet, and have it on my computer so I can sync all my notes together. I understand that this might not be too much of a con but I don't need much of the premium features that come with that premium fee. You might keep getting ads to upgrade every once in a while if you are a free member. Another drawback that I have is that sometimes the app will randomly crash while typing my notes and even though it does save this before exiting the app making sure that I don't lose any of my work. I do find that this does get me a bit frustrated and sometimes I have to be restarting my device or just the app itself losing some of my valuable time. I value my time and when you are either a college student or a business sometimes you cannot afford to lose that important test notes for your midterm or client information.
April 4, 2019
Tatiana F.
Research Director
Market Research, 1-10 employees
March 26, 2019

“I just call it My Digital Memory”

OverallWe use it for both saving and keeping updated important information for our (small) company: credentials for commonly used services, settings, guides for the software used, templates of how-tos for different situations. Basically, everything that could have been kept in disparate folders and notes flying around. Another application - when conducting secondary market research, creating compendiums of various articles on different topics: the article's text is saved "forever" together with the active URL. All that's needed it's just to organize it by tagging and/or assigning to specific folders/notebooks. As a bottom line, using Evernote has significantly decreased the amount of lonely (yet important) paper notes flying around and made it super easy to find basically anything that needed to be recorded.
ProsThis is by far the best and the most functional software to make notes of any kind, keep necessary information and synchronize it across any type and any number of platforms: I use it simultaneously on Macbook, two Windows computers and iPhone and it always synchs smoothly. Unlike many other alternatives, there is a great system of nested notebooks which makes it super easy to group and arrange the information. Other great options: saving PDF files inside, add notes by sending whatever to an assigned email address, tagging, search in everything, and of course, collaboration options. Other small but great add-ons are Web clipper for desktop and mobile browsers and external mobile apps.
ConsI've been using this software since 2010 and still sometimes feel overwhelmed with a plethora of settings and tweaks. I understand how overly complex and frightening it can look to a new user, that will most likely compare it with Apple Notes or so. Over the past years, Evernote has made some positive changes in the overall design, as well as the functionality (and simplicity of creating) of tables and pictures editing. However, this is still not enough to be called easy. Additionally, there can be great problems with document formatting when copying something from Web.
March 26, 2019
Ing Siang T.
Engineering Officer
Government Administration, 1001-5000 employees
January 10, 2019

“Perfect for small business in need of a flexible solution for File Management, Sharing & Collab”

ProsLove the flexibility, especially the way you can embed different files within Evernote, and render them within itself (e.g. you can view Office, Xmind, PDF and other files in your notes, either as attachment or as inline render (which is very useful). There's also some nice features like password-protected redaction of words/information in a note, classic note links (useful for cross-linking of notes) etc. And all these wrapped within the most important thing about Evernote - its platform agnostic nature, and very robust search engine (OCR enabled).
ConsIt is hard to use - the use case is not obvious and many users and companies failed to harness its power because Evernote doesn't have a very natural way of using it "correctly". There's just too many ways to use it. And it is really difficult to keep Evernote "organised" - for personal Evernote, you can say that's perfectly fine because you probably shouldn't have tried to organise your notes (you should treat it as a brain dump, and use search instead of trying to find things navigationally), but for business, you need to organise your stuffs and Evernote still lacks the ability to enforce certain control on that. You have to rely on your team members' ability to regulate themselves and tag notes rigorously and consistently. It also has certain limitation that's not very desirable, e.g. lack of password-protection feature of an entire note, lack of more levels when it comes to organisation of notes in notebooks (no further stacking, bundle of notebooks etc.), and you almost certainly have to use Tags instead of Notebooks to effectively organise your notes.
January 10, 2019
Janosch F.
Human Resources Consultant
Internet, 51-200 employees
November 23, 2018

“The best personal note taking App - still medicore in business use”

OverallI love Evernote for my personal Projects. I would not trade it for any other application in this segment for my personal and private Projects. In Business Projects my enthusiasm falters as the rugged edges which I am happy to tolerate in spare time projects are getting annoying fast when there is team efficency or pressure from clients. In my Opinion Evernote business has been somewhat bolted onto the most popular Note taking and management application, trying to utilize an extremely versatile and powerful core for business cases. It leaves me with a somewhat stale taste as I whish to use a business application which is not the add on to something else but an A priority project that receives maximum attention. Then again in the time I used Evernote I have been positively suprised time and again and I am sticking with this, at least for some more time.
ProsI use Evernote personally for about when it first emerged on Iphone and Ipad. Since then it went up and down and donw and up, it was a Rollercoaster Ride. Sometimes I came close to quiting, the again I carried on with it. Everything became more severe when I started to invite Colleagues and Friends for personal and professional Projects. a great Boost always was - most knew the product and had next to zero animosities or better to put it the other way round: Even the not-so-much bunch of people were okay in colaborating via Evernote. On Top of it, it was available on their favourite Platform (no one had to switch form Android to iOS or vici versa). Everyone knew how to use the editor, things didn't look to pretty at the start but then, after a while, like a game you get the hang of after a couple of rounds, it got better and better. Tables, Images, even embeded Videos. It all got together. Also we could choose which data would be encrypted and which was okay to stay unencrypted. Thinsg synced fine and we also had an integrated chat. Basically, Evernote had covered a lot of the needs we had as a team as wel as a band of friends in private Projects. The Features you require are there and they are easy to use. Also, the team behind evernote is quick regarding upcoming Platform changes and usually Evernote is up to the newest iterration of the Operting System it runs on verry quickly.
ConsSpeaking of the features which are there...as it is often the case with growing platforms, there are some which are just not...my type of thing. Document templates might be something for some people, but not for us. Also, the Features are not homogenous on the different platforms. Thats right, if you want to do search-and-replace you better do not try to do it on a mac. Right Features like this are missing. Inviting People also can get a real pain in the arm in case they use Evernote privately without a busines account, as can the abominable dialogue for sharing notes on mac. It is absolutely clear that evernote is incredibly ambitious by supplying native clients for iOS, Android, Windows, MacOs PLUS a Webfrontend. This realy is awesome but it leads to raged edges when you are power user, save a team of such working cross Platform un complex projects.
November 23, 2018
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
October 16, 2018

“Evernote - the most complete note-taking application”

OverallTo sum up, Evernote has in my view a very good feature set - I've not had a single moment in which I missed something. The applications, the web platform, the synchronization and the collaboration works perfectly in most cases. Sometimes, there are small bugs - but none of them is deal-breaking or especially annoying.
ProsEvernote offers for me the best overall package of a note-taking application. I've already tried lots of different programs, but Evernote stood out in a positive matter. Most importantly, Evernote offers the ability to sync all your notes across all your devices, including a very good Android app, a performant and professional Windows version and a Web platform. These notes can contain everything including pictures, formatting, sound, pdf and other files, which makes it very comfortable to have everything in one place. For example, travel notes can include text, the flight & hotel documents, pictures of the addresses and they can be shared easily, which is a very important feature in my opinion. Additionally, the notes can be classified in notebooks which makes it easy to sort them in categories. Further, Evernote offers features which makes it more simple to include it in your daily workflow: you're able to easily add notes by forwarding E-Mail to Evernote, it'is possible to capture photos of documents and adding handwritten notes is a possibility for an improved note-taking experience.
ConsAll in all, I haven't found any dealbreaking disadvantages. In some cases, especially the App contains small bugs. For instance, the handwriting tool has not that many outstanding features and sometimes has a delay, the syncing is not always perfect and the Google Drive file linking sometimes just does not work in my situation. But like I've already mentioned, none of these has made me think about quitting Evernote.
October 16, 2018
Paola P.
Guest Relations
Photography, 51-200 employees
August 20, 2018

“Productivity, content curation, and collaboration in one tool”

OverallI use Evernote to optimize my productivity. It takes care of all the reminders for me. I curate and share my inspiration boards, and allows me to easily turn them into new content that I can share with the people that will eventually polish it and give it final shape before it can go online. I import Typeform questionnaire answers to Evernote for this same goal, and I have set up a number of Gmail filters that let me know when to pitch my posts for guest posting or to get valuable links for my domain.
ProsMany things I like about Evernote, but I would say that my favorite is the fact that I can use it as the "hub" that contains (and sometimes triggers) most of my daily tasks. I would love to be able to review Evernote together with Zapier, as I am currently making the most out of the capabilities that both tools offer when they are combined. Evernote by itself is an extremely helpful productivity tool, and I love the fact that I don't always need to be online to update or create notes. I mostly use it to jot down ideas for new posts or articles as they come to me, and I also keep a couple of notebooks for content curation. I can add stuff from the real world as easily as I can clip websites or anything that I see on the go. To keep up with my content creation calendar, I connect Evernote with Gmail, Typeform, and Calendly. Although there are more Zaps available, these are the ones I use the most often to keep track of my contacts, review questionnaire answers that I then turn into blog posts, and keep track of appointments and phone calls. I easily share my notes and
ConsEvernote doesn't have many flaws as I see it, but I did find a few times that some of the capabilities in other collaboration tools such as Google Drive would be handy for Evernote. I wish there was a way to keep track of my actions (such as what Basecamp does with the "everything" section). I also would love to be able to share something with a co-worker in "view only" mode (this can be done in Google Drive). As far as I've been using the tool, it does not have either of these options. Also, the way that every document or PDF has to be uploaded to a page is sometimes not ideal, as I would also like to have the option to just upload something to my notebook or to Evernote itself for safekeeping or to be able to reference it within a note.
August 20, 2018
Lindsay M.
Addictions Specialist
June 15, 2018

“Top of the line”

OverallAbility to retrieve older documents with ease. I can also, whether mid-conversation or during a meeting or presentation, quickly retrieve information that I've forgotten or to elaborate on someone else's ideas.
ProsI've used this software since 2013. This is one program that I CANNOT live without. I store EVERYTHING in Evernote. I probably don't even use 1/2 of of the functions available with this software, but I'm still determined to master it though! Pro number one for me is the convenience! I use the browser version and the app, when on my Mac, and the app on my phone, too. The capture tool on my Mac makes storing emails, screenshots, receipts, pictures, audio clips and all other document formats super easy to save for later. Evernote is also able to easily collaborate with all the other storage software(Dropbox, Drive, Box, OneDrive, Acrobat, etc.) and the syncing is better than any other software I've used to date. I can literally save something in EN on my Mac and my phone instantly buzzes with the notification of the change. The search function is also amazeballs. Because EN uses OCR technology to "read" the text in files, if I searched for "sandwich" (I'm hungry), I would get a list of every file in EN that has the word "sandwich" anywhere in the file. Worrying about naming your files so that you can find them later are OVER! Some examples of the many mediums that I store in EN are: cards that are given to me for special occasions, pictures, tags off of purchases I make, user manuals for all the devices in the house, coupons, audio clips (usually made while driving), and recipes. Basically, for me, it's a one-stop shop to store the verbal, written or digital tidbits of life
ConsNow, the "downside". Using this program since 2013 should tell you, that any downsides EN does have, are vastly overshadowed by it's shine. Shifting your lifelong organizational habits from a file/ folder based system to En's "note/ notebook" system overwhelms some people, I'm sure. I struggled with this, myself! Don't let it, though! If you remember, I already applauded the awesome search capabilities of EN. When I use search, and don't dig, or go "searching" manually through my folders, my task management becomes much more efficient. Organizing EN is definitely a "Con" for me, though. I really haven't done it. I store and search. EN would definitely become even more efficient for me, if I spent some time cleaning it up. Another thorn for me, is getting the info. OUT of EN, if I'm not sharing it to another integrated application(like dropbox). EN makes it's own document extension. When you download, or try to email something with your default email client (EN has it's own email client that looks like chat, visually), the item you are sending has a .enex extension (ex. "doc.enex") NO programs can open this file extension. So, converting these EN , .enex files, to Microsoft Word (.doc) or Adobe portable document format (.pdf) wastes time and inconveniences the user. Lastly, there is the cost. EN is one of the more expensive options for information storage, but there is a free version available. You only need to subscribe when increased storage space is needed.
June 15, 2018
Julio César P.
Coordinador Académico del Área de Idiomas
May 27, 2018

“Evernote business is the ultimate desktop organizer. With a virtually limitless software support. ”

OverallTons of excellent planning and arranging features at the palm of your hand. No matter the field you are in, organizing your life by means of this software is going to be an indispensable habit you are going to develop with this time-saving, modern app.
ProsWith the current immensely growing and competitive market of desk organizers, Evernote business can really stand out. Mainly because of its simple and intuitive design, robust cloud storage and several other features like its technically universal software support, this app can make your organizational life a whole lot easier. With just a couple of days using this app, Business and education users are going to find it extremely uncomplicated to make use of the tons of pretty neat features this apps has and continues to add up to this date. Evernote promises and delivers hundreds of options for making your professional duties very easy to plan and follow up. Either for arranging important meetings, setting up future events or even making reminders or useful notes on the run. As an educator, I have found this last feature a more than useful one, since I'm always preparing language teaching materials and presentations, Evernote gives me the chance to record, scribble or handwrite pretty much about anything that comes to my mind, and I always going to have the pleasant and fulfilling feeling that the info is always going to be there, at the pal of my hand. In this continuously busy world we are living in nowadays, evernote is definitely an essential tool for the XXI century professional.
ConsOne negative aspect from this software could be how pricey it really is to get the monthly fee pay version.
May 27, 2018
Marcus A.
December 8, 2015

“Good for almost everything ”

OverallIf you are a visual person or if you have the kind of attention issues common in ADHD and common also to many other right brained folks, you will often find the internet to be a very challenging thing we never had to worry about in the past. It is candy to someone like that because there are a million paths to take--- for free ---that lead to different doors and a person like me can get lost pretty easily without knowing it. I always feel like there is something I'm missing and I don't want to forget and regret it later. In that sense, Evernote has freed me to move about the internet more easily by allowing me to trick my mind into saving everything that seems important so that I can tell myself to keep moving forward instead of getting distracted. The Evernote web clipper is the best feature by far in that it quickly and properly clips most things without much more to think about and without concern that something didn't work properly. I've saved more than 9000 items in my Evernote to date. As a premium member I have never even come close to running short on my given space for the month. So it's come in handy for a person who organizes differently than most - it has become a brain dump for everything and anything I need it to be. And that relieves my mind from worrying about where I put something. That's all great. Where it still needs improvement is the usefulness after things are saved. For every 1000 things I save, I probably go back and even see about 50 of them in truth. I wind up just going back out to the internet to find them all over again - That may be just my mistake, or it may be because I feel that the notes aren't complete unless I know they are up to date and unless I can more easily visualize what I need. All of the other things tend to get lost in the notebook system that can be so simple it's actually confusing. By allowing us to sort things by various tag words or notebooks, they take the entire thing and make it more suitable for the left brained logical type of person. These are folks who can see order in words and numbers where I tend to see letters as little black bits of ink on a screen. I am much more easily able to organize things visually to determine proper workflow for me and there just isn't much of a way that I have yet found to do that. You can merge notes together, but it's a process unless you simply want to merge them, not edit them. You can't organize visually in a way that, for instance, shows you only the photos in your folders - so you can structure them in a way you understand. You can't change the order of each note so that you can manually put things where you want them and that's probably my biggest complaint. I realize there are workarounds - but it's not seamless and it doesn't allow for free flow of the thoughts. Much of what I save are simply photos , but not all - and I would love to have some more flexibility to create notes in a fashion like Curio - where anything goes and it can be as visual or as simple as you need it. Unfortunately, they don't have a web clipper although you can import your Evernote notes into a great app like Curio, it still doesn't feel the same because the visual portion of the notes is not easy to see. However, there are a ton of add-ons and for what I use it for it's great. There is something new added every day so I hope it's just a matter of time or perhaps I've missed something that will help me with this. On it's own, it's almost perfect, but it just hasn't fulfilled the hope that sooner or later someone is going to come up with an app that fulfills all needs in one. I have often copied notes into three or four apps to make sure I don't lose anything as I piece together the job in a way I can see. That wastes a lot of time and space. One day, I will either find an app that helps me make sense of what's already there or helps me take what I have and make sense of it by reordering it. Either way, it's still the best thing I have found to use every day for all data collection with the exception of video.
Prosgreat search engine. never lost anything that I couldn't again find. fast, easy on system mobile apps are solid and have pen functions now somewhat customizable handles images very well - full size annotation feature great
ConsNo visual shortcut options to sort through notes and tag them visually quickly. Words don't cut it when sorting quickly and grouping. No ability to change color of backgrounds in the app so they differentiate from each other while still maintaining an order No drag and drop image function Organization is simple enough for some, but I need some real world examples start to finish to implement things for myself. I would love to see some full use cases shown that are common enough that I could cut and paste for myself. Some internal templates could help.
December 8, 2015
Kashish S.
Founding Member | Head of Business Development - Voice
51-200 employees
February 21, 2018

“The best platform to seamlessly collaborate and store your notes. ”

OverallInnumerable benefits! Definitely the single-most used platform on daily basis for me. I have referred and onboarded multiple colleagues and friends onto Evernote. It's scalable, I obsessively keep on noting down everything on Evernote, to the point that I have stopped using MS Word and basic 'Notes' operations offered in MacOS. The biggest value that I have been deriving is the ability to capture photos of books I read and store them on cloud. The captured photo allows it to preserve that shot like a scanned image. This has truly allowed me to capture important pieces from books I regularly read.
Pros1. It's superbly easy to organize your notebooks, have everything visually cataloged 2. Tagging notes with keywords really powers great search experience 3. Scanning pages etc is great, really captures great notebook shots 4. Instant public sharing from a single click 5. The fact that I can easily collaborate with people without any friction. Moreover it's fairly simple to grant people access to specific notes. 6. Access the account across multiple platforms, I have all of my devices synced and absolutely love it. 7. It just seems like the most scalable platform for notes taking. I literally don't use any other platform other than Evernote.
ConsWhile Evernote basically covers all of my immediate requirements, the only thing which I feel that Evernote can solve or better optimize themselves for would be the "Check-list feature". This would really allow me to better manage my 'To-dos', essentially making Evernote a one-stop solution for all of my personal notes and to-do requirements.
February 21, 2018
Ben M.
Head of Development Technologies
Internet, 11-50 employees
September 15, 2017

“My productivity sidekick!”

OverallEvernote has been with me since it was a Windows application that simply offered a never-ending stream of notes. No cloud service, and many of the features people have come to rely on today were nowhere to be found. But it was still me favorite note taking app. Ever since then, Evernote has continued to progress. It's now an entirely different product that has almost no resemblance to the thing I bought originally, but in doing so it's cemented its place for me as the best note taking app in existence.
ProsOnce something goes into Evernote, it's there forever (unless you delete it). You have unlimited space, with the only limit being the amount you can upload each month (and it's generous). I was able to completely digitize every document and photo in my home within one month's limit and I wasn't even close to going over. Evernote offers great apps for all platforms (except Linux), and also has a very nice web app. You can do everything you might want from any Evernote interface available to you.
ConsThe applications are sometimes very different from each other. The desktop application has a totally different experience than the web application. The mobile experience is somewhere in between, but that's to be expected. If I forget to properly rename scanned documents, sometimes they sort of fall into a black hole where they're in Evernote but nearly impossible to find via searching, and looking manually for them would take a long time.
Recommendations to other buyersTry it out! Everyone needs to come up with their own workflow for how to get things into Evernote, and what to do with them once they're there, but for most cases, it's an incredibly useful tool!
September 15, 2017
SHERRI J.
Blogger
Internet, Self-employed
February 6, 2017

“I. Love. Evernote.”

OverallYes, I know there are other programs out there. But, I got introduced to Evernote after hearing everyone I follow online talk about it. So, I signed up. And, I've been in love ever since. I use it daily to track just about everything. I rarely open up MS Word anymore. I typically compose in Evernote and move it over to MS Word if I need to print it for professional consumption. Otherwise, Evernote is my bestest friend! I used the free version for a while and then signed up for the paid version because it allows you to annotate PDFs. That function didn't work the way that I thought it would. But, I was still satisfied with Evernote so I didn't cancel my subscription.
ProsI can check Evernote on every device I own, including my laptop, iPad and Samsung Note. The notes update within seconds of being created. Now that I have the paid version, I can upload everything. I've been slowly moving docs from my computer's hard drive to Evernote. It's been much easier to use/access material than iCloud.
ConsThe reason I upgraded was because I wanted to be able to annotate PDFs. But that function didn't work the way I intended. Instead of printing with the annotations on the document itself, it prints the annotations as a separate document from the PDF - which was useless for my purposes.
Recommendations to other buyersI've read other "professional" reviews of the product that talk about Evernote's competitiveness with other similar products. As a consumer, I want something that works. And, Evernote works for me. I'm not looking for anything else.
February 6, 2017
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
January 30, 2019

“Effective Note taking”

OverallEvernote is best specially when I have noted down something and I need to revisit it at a later point in time.I am able to quickly search and access the necessary information which is awesome. This is specifically useful when we are dealing with production support issues since we tend to get similar issues periodically. Although we have documentation around it, I find it easier and faster to document and access the info using evernote.
ProsEvernote is a handy easy to use note taking tool. It allows organizing notes into notebooks. The notes can be tagged so they can be searched by tags. Very useful when grouping things by topic. The searching ability is incredible. I am very impressed with the high precision with which the results are matched for things that are searched. At times I have used the recording feature to actually audio record important meetings so I can playback the audio and make important notes from it. Since the login is linked to my gmail, it takes backup of my notes periodically which is very awesome. I like the flexibility it provides when accessing it via web or via the mac software. Definitely recommend this to everyone.
ConsIt could use a better formatting option for a table. I personally find it a bit difficult when I need to add additional rows/columns to them. Besides this, I don't have any other complains.
January 30, 2019
Leslie M.
Family Catalyst
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
April 10, 2018

“Best tool for going paperless”

OverallConverted my work and personal life to a paper-free system easily and quickly.
ProsEvernote is simple, intuitive, and feature-rich. I wanted to transition both my work and personal life to a paper-free system, and I did a ton of research to design a system and workflow for doing this that would be easy to keep up with and scalable. Evernote was the clear winner as my digital 'filing cabinet' - with its impressive OCR capabilities, easy clipping and tagging features, integration with other software, and great mobile app. I was STUNNED at how quickly I was able to convert a year's worth of paper files into this digital system, and it's already saved me a ton of time when I need to reference an old document where I previously would have to search through paper files but now can perform a quick search and send it where it needs to go no matter where I am. My team also uses Evernote nearly exclusively for things like collaborative lists, meeting agendas, etc.
ConsThe only things I have ever found to complain about with Evernote have been minor annoyances - not being able to capitalize tags the way I wanted when creating a new one in-note, or how a certain version rearranged a button or two - nothing that would warrant even considering docking a star from my review.
April 10, 2018
Terry L.
Photographer
Photography, Unspecified
December 6, 2017

“The best way I've stayed organised”

OverallIt frees up my mind to concentrate on my business.
ProsOrganisation is not just about planning your diary but also planning your thoughts. With Evernote I have been able to capture all my ideas and thoughts and have them put into dedicated folders within Evernote, this frees up my day to day thoughts by not having to remember everything or get worked up about planning things. I can then put time aside every week to go through the notes and see what needs actioning or planning. It's also great for just remembering things and I have loads of folders in sections for when I get a PDF or need to photograph information that I might want to look back on at a later date. You can also assign keywords/tags to the documents and it will also make pdf's searchable. This also applies to websites and with the browser plug-in, makes it really easy to capture information as either article/sample or pdf for future reference. I tend to go networking a lot and being able to capture someone's business card and have it put into your contact and connect with them on LinkedIn all in one go is actually very useful.
ConsOccasionally there are a few bugs and it takes a little bit of effort to get it sorted but at least their customer support actually work and helps.
December 6, 2017
Utilities, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
January 26, 2019

“The order of your life ... and your work”

ProsEvernote is one of those applications that since its inception has evolved in its functionality and has created new tools to facilitate the user a better organization of life, projects, events, and even mental order, which make it easier for the person to manage any type of situation. Now, with Evernote Business, the application is based on a single objective: to improve everything that corresponds to your work, allows you to interact with your work teammates, and also has an incredible platform for the organization of your company or project. And the application itself is quite simple to use, so that anyone can make use of it, and is almost indispensable for any entrepreneur of the modern era. Enough of agendas, papers, or separate files to better manage your employment. With this new model of Evernote you will find a digital platform where you will have all those possibilities in a single application. Even the use of the technological age, and this application, means that you can ignore the physical presence on a project, so you can be in contact with other members of work, even if it is on the other side of the world. You will never lose the ability to continue creating content with several members, or individually if you want. All notes, files, and so on are insured in Evernote.
ConsHow difficult it is to speak badly of application. Perhaps it is true that its platform is not as advanced as other applications, but its simplicity is what makes it worthy of being a great app. Possibly lacks more options according to the times, however, there is no doubt that for the function for which it was made, meets "The basics" when organizing a project, work, etc.
January 26, 2019
Nathan R.
January 23, 2018

“Evernote is a tool that you just can't live without. ”

OverallEverything. I wish I had it when I went to school, I would have taken all my notes there!!! Having your life there and synched on any device is awesome!
ProsEvernote Business allows you to do everything you do in Evernote plus allows you to do the same things but business related and sharing it with your team or customers. I have used evernote since I tried it several years back, I have to say that it is the first tool I install on every single computer or device I use. My life is in it, simply put. Being able to take it a step further and take the notebooks and notes and share them with your team and customers in invaluable. Evernote allows you to save prety much everything you need (pictures, videos, notes, etc.) on the notes, and those can be arranged into notebooks. So the level of organization is amazing. Now if you take that and put it into business settings you can have a notebook for each customer (imagine you are an architect or a home decorator for example) you can have everything you need on the project and have each of the steps on a different note and each note can have pictures and anotations for every single aspect... shared with the providers of the service and some things with yout customer.
January 23, 2018
Alvaro M.
IT PM
Education Management, 51-200 employees
February 26, 2019

“Feature-packed Notes App +”

ProsSuper feature-packed app. Evernote has matured a lot from just a simple personal notebook app to an enterprise level software for office/team/project use. Scanning (backing up) documents is super easy (e.g., contract, proposals, etc.). The app not only zooms into the document easily, it also does OCR and converts it with formatting that is easy to the eyes, and saved right into a notebook. Business uses Teams for easy office and project collaboration. It's easy to share notes/notebooks and to edit the same items collaboratively. Projects also takes advantage of task management and setting of reminders to individuals. Lastly, I love the Templates! There are a lot of professionally made (and free) templates created by Evernote. And, we can also make our own company standard templates for everyone to use and follow (by policy).
ConsJust a little formatting concern for me when using a (small screen) smartphone... the bullets/numbering moves the cursor far right, taking much screen real estate. Also, I would really like it if the green top bar would disappear when the note is scrolled down. That would really take full use of the entire screen (similar to how Google docs works).
February 26, 2019
Retail, 1-10 employees
December 4, 2018

“The best note taking software ever! ”

OverallI love it. You need it. Install this software on your desktop, laptop, phone, tablet, and your kids' tablet. You're going to love the ability to take down notes and thoughts no matter where you are, and have them forever. As the name implies.
ProsThere is so much to like about Evernote. Let me put it in list form. 1. NEVER LOSE ANOTHER NOTE - it just keeps notes... forever. So simple, so powerful! 2. Searches handwritten notes. - I don't even know how it does this. but take a picture or scan of your handwritten notes, and they are now stored forever, and searchable. 3. easy to sort, and file. 4. Pull in pictures, scans, PDF's whatever you need. 5. Cloud based. Forget your phone at home? no problem, use your laptop to see all your notes. Forget your laptop too? That's not a good start to the day... but just login online from any computer, and there are your notes. It's awesome!
ConsI'm not sure there are any cons. Ok, if I have to choose a con, it would be that you start using the free version and you love it, so you use it for everything, and then you run out of space and start paying for it. But, come on... that's an unreasonable con! They let you use it for free for as long as you want until you're ready to pay for it, which you will be.
December 4, 2018
Rosa G.
Designer
Design, 10,001+ employees
May 19, 2019

“Evernote Business Review ”

OverallIt is really great being able to easily take notes in a hurry and share them with all of the project collaborators. It has helped us to have a more efficient working flow and to grow our ideas in a more organic way. It also has been very useful to have articles saved for research and documentation purposes. It is a great tool for researchers.
ProsEvernote is a nice tool for teams that have a constant need to brainstorm and do research. This software helps you transform your ideas into project presentations and full-researched documents that hopefully you are ready to pitch to a client. It is a tool designed to help you with the transition from the early stages of your project, like brainstorming, all the way through research and to the final full form of a presentable document. It has nice features to help you with this such as notebooks and notes, allows to share your documents and files with your team and set up reminders. It also allows you to save information from webpages and media so you can review it later or share it with your collaborators. It is not complicated to understand how to use it, has a smooth UI/UX and a cool design.
ConsIt is a tool more focused on developing notes and creating new documents rather than managing finalized ones. Features are limited depending on the package. The price is a little bit high but you can get value for money if you make the most out of this app.
May 19, 2019
Kirill C.
Education Management, 1-10 employees
September 19, 2018

“Your memory extender, with may features”

ProsGoogle uses a lot of discs and RAM to work as a large brain. You can have your own, really customized brain extender with Evernote. Just e-mail or copy all bits and pieces you might need to remember later. Or just copy all your banking records, all calling and SMS records there. In a few months you will feel that having the extension of your brain is very helpful. "Where I was year and a half ago after visiting Berlin?"... Those questions are becoming easier to answer if you keep this info for yourself. And if you are in business -- it is also worth to keep this kind of business knowledge in one place, with the system to help you find small pieces of information there. You may use Google for that, but Evernote has an important thing Goodle lacks -- it will OCR images, PDFs and made them universally searchable. Try it for yourself, and you will see how great it is to have additional memory for yourself.
ConsWhen your personal memory starts to grow into many gigabytes, you may encounter problems with speed with Evernote, but unofortunately this seem to be the common problem - the more knowledge you have the more time you should spend searching.
September 19, 2018
Abbas H.
Managing Director
October 8, 2017

“It remembers EVERYTHING! Enough said..”

ProsI do not leave home without my Evernote (literally) as i use it on several of my devices and it synchronizes so well between them. It does such a good job of archiving my personal notes and scribbles, work and meeting notes, travel plans, everything i throw at it. Also love the ability to turn any note into a presentation with one-click. Very impressive when sitting with a client! Not being the most organized person with notebooks and tags, i absolutely love how well the contextual and keyword search works. I used a third-party smart pen / notebook to feed my hand-written notes into my Evernote and it surprises me every time how well it recognizes and makes my messy handwriting searchable. Even though i don't use a lot of the reminders and team collaboration functionality (90% of my Evernote usage is for me only), it's still an app that is irreplaceable for me.
Cons- The team are not very communicative with new features and suggested best practices in my experience. - Reminders feature is a bit hard to fathom. I started to learn and then just switched back to my other task management app as it seemed like an overhead to my 'don't make me think' process.
October 8, 2017
Kim H.
Marketing Manager
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
March 21, 2019

“My Go-To Note Tool”

OverallI use it for my day to day notes, shopping lists and even recipes. It is invaluable if, for example I am out and about and I get a good idea. I quickly add it to my idea note and next day I can follow up. Before I used to send myself messages, but it was not the perfect solution. As mentioned in the pros, it also protects my notes from theft, so I don't have to worry about backing things up any more.
ProsI love the notes are in the sky and I can access them on all my devices. I initially got Evernote a few years ago, when my cellphone got stolen and I lost years of notes. Now my notes are automatically backed up in the cloud and I can access them from my computers and my cellphone easily. I am love the categorization and the search function, my old notes system was a mess. Now I just search for keywords and my notes are easy to find. The history function saved my neck a couple of times, you can go back in history and see older versions of your notes. Just in case you accidentally deleted one or parts of a note.
ConsI dont think there is anything I really dislike. I had a bug at one point, where one of my notes went blank on the Android app. But I could access and copy it on my desktop. So nothing was lost.
March 21, 2019
Joseph C.
Director of Ministry
Publishing, 11-50 employees
February 12, 2019

“The "original" is still one of the best!”

OverallIf you need to bring a team together, looking at the same content with real-time changes visible to everyone, Evernote might be your best option...and it's a good one!
ProsI don't remember for sure, but it seems like Evernote was one of the first pieces of software to come out that really harassed the power of multiple-device/computer syncing. In the early days, I couldn't believe how quickly data was changed on my home computer after uploading changes from my work computer. At the time, it seems like Evernote was way ahead of the game. Today, this continues to be the product that makes workplace syncing a breeze. Collaboration is the name of the game with Evernote, and the ability of the software to work with other quality products (like Slack, Google Drive and Salesforce) is another clincher. It's hard to find software that can keep everyone on the team on the same page, but Evernote does it as well as anyone. While we don't use this product like we used to, that has more to do with the changing nature of our internal business than it does with the product itself, and I can highly recommend Evernote to anyone looking to bring a team together.
ConsThe price point is competitive with similar products, but it seems like other offerings can do similar tasks as Evernote for less money. Granted, you always get what you pay for, and Evernote is still tops in so many ways. The only other "con" I experienced was that we would have liked to have had other software integration options, but that was really pretty specific to our industry (publishing).
February 12, 2019
Amy G.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Higher Education, Unspecified
June 21, 2018

“Must-have for large-scale research and school projects”

OverallEase of use, free resource to track and manage research notes and sources, and provides confidence that all my notes are in one place, but yet accessible through multiple platforms.
ProsMy favorite thing about Evernote is the multiple options it allows users to save sources, webpages, notes, images--all across multiple platforms, such as smartphones, web browsers, and your desktop. I find this to be so helpful because I do not need to waste time or get distracted going to an external program to save a source I find online--I simply click the evernote browser icon and it saves the page for me. Later, I can go to organize all the sources by categories and tags.
ConsI have found the sharing feature of Evernote to often have small glitches, and be a bit unreliable. For example, I save some notes to my phone, then sync the app to my computer. Later, I go to check the notes on my computer and they have not synced. I contacted support and they assured me I just need to sync my phone again, which worked. Additionally, I wish evernote had stronger features for sharing sources/notes/etc. with other users. I have likewise experiences unreliability when trying to share with other evernote users.
June 21, 2018
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
March 20, 2018

“Great way to keep organized over multiple devices with multiple people”

OverallI am able to keep organized throughout my team. This means if I upload a mock up, my team can all instantly see it, edit it, brain storm and dream about it. Which moves us onto the next phase of drafting it, then printing, all the way to completion. It allows my team to preview drafts of my multimedia and immediately provide feedback to the whole team where we can communicate as if we were all together.
ProsEvernote Business has been a necessity for my media and communications team to be able to create a space to stay organized, share thoughts, brain storm, and move a project all the way to completion. The fact that the whole team can stay up to date and that the information can sync across all of my devices is something that I can't no longer work without now that I have had it.
ConsThe biggest trouble I have had with Evernote is its formatting of text. Although it is perfect and beautiful within Evernote, once I copy and paste it to any other software (word, adobe, etc.) it does not translate and the formatting is all over the place. Returns and indents where there should be and so one. I always have to clear the formatting and do that part of the work again. Not a deal breaker but something that would be greatly appreciated if fixed.
March 20, 2018
Management Consulting, Unspecified
February 9, 2018

“Evernote is a great place to archive stuff and keep documents and notes handy”

ProsEvernote has apps for all the devices I use and every major platform out there. Many other apps and services plug into Evernote in various ways. I like that I can store things through many different channels (from Webclips, to Documents on the PC, the camera or a scan app on why phone and by forwarding emails to name just a few). The paid versions let you search the content of PDF files and images which means you can find almost anything again. I use it as my archival storage but also to keep a reading list of various PDF documents I need to look at, a place to gather all my meeting notes (handwritten ones get scanned, others get entered directly into Evernote), keep a log of websites I have read and may want to refer to in the future and so much more.
ConsSometimes it becomes a bit unwieldy. Because it tempts me to save everything I sometimes end up with too much cruft and not only with essential things I really need to refer back to. But I guess that's me, not the software. My only other thing is that sometimes it seems to Sync slow and mobile apps at times (sometimes before, sometimes after updates) can become unstable and crash.
February 9, 2018
Religious Institutions, Unspecified
January 10, 2018

“My go-to software for taking notes or storing ideas. I would be lost without Evernote! ”

OverallIt has literally become my digital brain for anything I need to reference. I use it daily, either on my computer, phone or iPad and sometimes all three! I have recommended this software to many people and have helped several get it setup.
ProsIt is flexible and complete. Flexible in that you can set it up how you want. If it's hard for you to lose all your notebooks (folders) then you can still organize using notebooks, and sub-notebooks. Yet, the power of Evernote is that you tag each note with the main subjects for accurate searching. It is complete in that it is a "one-stop shop" for all notetaking. As a preacher, I use it to quickly make a note of a sermon idea. Later, I'll develop that sermon in Evernote and use it to preach from, as well. As a singer/songwriter, I click the record button when I get some inspiration and capture not only lyrics but audio within the same note! When I get an email with some information I need to store, I simply forward to Evernote. Or, I take a picture of a cool craft idea and store it for the future. I could go on... But, my point is Evernote becomes your complete digital filing system accessible on any device, anywhere and at any time.
January 10, 2018
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
December 27, 2017

“Keeping track of all the stuff I need to remember for years, now.”

ProsIt's simple. Clean. Neat. Easy to use. All the things that a great note-taking app should be. Oh yeah, it also syncs between my devices -- so if I write something at work that I need to pull up at home, no worries! Oh yeah, Evernote has quite powerful organization. Organize by creating a zillion notebooks for every possible sphere of your life, OR keep fewer notebooks and organize by tags. Brilliant. Oh yeah, it also has the ability to keep all sorts of content -- attachments, images, text, audio, stuff clipped from the web, you name it. Oh yeah, for writers... I've used Evernote quite a bit as a minimalist word processor, especially when I want to write in the coffee shop on my laptop, then come home and find that my document is waiting for me on my desktop. What's not to love?
ConsHere's what's not to love: the freemium pricing model. While I LOVE the fact that I can use Evernote for free, I truly wish I could just pay a onetime fee instead of a monthly/yearly subscription. If you stick with the free version, you're limited to 2 devices, so forget about connecting your home computer, laptop, work laptop, iPhone and iPad.
December 27, 2017
Rob C.
Marketing Copywriter
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
May 17, 2019

“The standard for a reason”

OverallIn my day-to-day, I spend a great deal of time doing research and conducting interviews. Evernote is the perfect place for me to store my text and audio notes for easy access wherever and whenever I need them. In my private life, I also spend a fair bit of time on writing projects, and Evernote is again the ideal place to jot down stray ideas, lines, and other bits of text that I want to make sure I don't forget. It's one of the biggest tools I use for keeping my life on track.
ProsI've tried OneNote, Simplenote, Google Keep, Drive files, and a bunch of other methods of tracking stray thoughts and storing important information. I always come back to Evernote. Between the notebook and tagging features, I get the intuitive setup for categorizing my notes that I've found sorely lacking in some of the competition. Upgrades to the UI and UX in the past couple of years have also made the software pretty pleasing to my eye. Other features, like the OCR functionality and integration with other tools like Slack, help to justify the cost of the Business plan vs. the lower tiers.
ConsI'm not crazy about the UI/UX discontinuity between the web and the other versions of Evernote. Honestly, an incredibly minor issue, as I can count on one hand the number of times I've had to use the web version. For the record, I think the desktop and mobile apps are far superior experiences.
May 17, 2019
Apparel & Fashion, 501-1000 employees
October 11, 2019

“Working”

OverallI use this softwere for my works.My works is easy with evernote softwere.We can do our projects within discussing and learning lot.Evernote is great softwere.I love it.Thank you.
ProsEvernote is a great softwere for students and workers.works and projects and learning is easy with evernote.It is have amazing features verry helpfull for me.When we doing projects, we can access to evernote softwere and group of us can discuss everything.It is great work for us.It is easy to access evernote and then we can learn easily about evernote softwere.When we discussing about projects in evernote,we can share pdfs,notes like important files.It is verry helpfull.Because all of us can type in a one note by sharing it.When we discussing using evernote looks like meeting.So this is also best for buisness and working places.We can save pictures,notes like important things in evernote.Also evernote have best sicurity level.So we can use it verry well.Best thing is it have reminder features.We can remind notes for later time by using evernotes.Within so many features evernote is a best of the best softwere ever.
ConsIt is not having bads.But social media mixed with document storage.It is little bit of disturb in sometimes.We dont have calling feature in softwere.
October 11, 2019
Keith A.
IT Director
Religious Institutions, 501-1000 employees
September 19, 2019

“Review”

OverallOverall it has been a great tool for us to use for internal note keeping. It allows us to easily update "how to's" and get to that information no matter where we are at. We love how we don't have to worry about backing up the information for our many different users.
ProsI love how easy it is to access your notes from anywhere! Doesn't matter whether using my phone, Chromebook, or desktop machine, it's looks good and is easy to access.
ConsThere are a couple things I haven't liked about the software. First is the cost, it starts to get expensive when you add more users. Also we have had some issues with granular sharing of notes.
September 19, 2019
Dave V.
Internet, 1-10 employees
August 22, 2019

“Using Evernote Business”

OverallWe are able to keep all management abreast of client projects that our employees are working on, we can trade data quickly and together solve problems quickly, even though we are separated by many time zones and regions.
ProsThe platform has allowed our team to stay up-to-date with our company taskings and client services that we offer, although team members work from three locations across 11 time zones. Having a tool like this to keep everyone abreast is essential to our business. The set-up and navigation are very easy to grasp, and the tool works flawlessly for us. I brought the platform to the company and all the team members love using it. I use it daily as does every team member. It also integrates well with some of the other automation tools that we use to streamline processes that are in place for our operations and we have had no issues with having data exchanged between the platforms. For any company looking for ways to automate their operation, this is a must-have tool. I highly recommend giving it a try so they can see for themselves just how useful it is for their business. It has helped us immensely.
ConsI have no dislikes about the platform, it just works and the price is well worth what you get.
August 22, 2019
Accounting, 11-50 employees
October 1, 2018

“Evernote Review”

OverallEvernote is awesome. Love the layout, ease of use, and ability to create a paperless office environment. I love that our teams are able to easily share notes on certain clients and projects. I'll always recommend this people that are looking for tools to streamline & organize notes, files, forms, etc.
ProsI like that Evernote provides a great way for teams to collaborate with one another. We use a few other tools such as Box, Google Docs & Asana, but we always go back to Evernote for sharing notes, agendas and client intake forms, because it seems to be so much easier to use. I like that templates can be copied, which helps as we standardize certain operational processes (I personally use for our client annual renewals & sales intake forms) and then for so many other reasons. I had a training notebook when I first started my position, that allowed me to contain various training documentation in one place. It's such an easier more efficient way to manage a large volume of notes. This also my MacBook to be my office! I'm not lugging around different notebooks and forms to and from work. I literally don't keep a single piece of paper on my desk or in my filing cabinet. Not a single one. That's pretty amazing.
ConsI have at times, struggled to find certain notes that have been shared with me. I have to remember that the note is contained within work chats, then search back to find the relevant note. Not a huge issue though.
October 1, 2018
Keegan W.
Caregiver
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
April 27, 2017

“Excellent App for Writing, Document Storage and Managing Personal Projects”

OverallI absolutely love Evernote. I use it every day, multiple times a day and I use it to manage several projects. It has replaced all of my paper systems for storing and saving information, the only exclusion to this being official government documentation. The tagging system allows me to keep track of what is in each note and reduces my need to have a super-detailed filing system for my notes. It allows me to get down to work on the things that matter without the interface getting in the way.
Pros- Powerful feature set - audio notes, handwriting notes, .PDF support, sharing and communication built into the app, etcetera. - Wonderfully clean and simple GUI (Android and Web)
Cons- GUI on Windows seems to lag a bit behind the other platforms in development. It does not feel as clean and simple as the other apps that are available. - Virtually no support for any of the Linux based OS;s. Which is a shame, because Evernote is a must-have, in my book.
Recommendations to other buyersTry out the free version and read a few articles on how to make use of all its features. There are a lot of them, and you likely won't need all of them, but it is so versatile that there are many ways to utilize it effectively as a resource. That may be all that you need, too. But you can get more and the costs to upgrade are not steep.
April 27, 2017
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
September 6, 2019

“Flexible and Customizable Note Taking ”

OverallOverall this is a great product that I use daily. It helps me with my workflow of keeping track of customers
Pros-You can organize your notes in several different ways - by color, by folder, by bold etc -You can link your notes to the cloud to access from anywhere -You can export your notes to a folder on your desktop when you don't need them readily available-great for me taking notes on clients that I'm done with but others in my organization may need me to reference these notes in the future.
ConsTheir check spelling feature is only available for English
September 6, 2019
Debbie O.
Owner and Blogger
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
November 4, 2018

“One of my most essential apps”

OverallI'm a solopreneur running a blog, so I don't really use the team sharing elements of Evernote, although I know they are there. For me the real thing this does for me it allows me to capture my thoughts and ideas whenever I have them, and hold them safely in one place so that they are there for me when I'm putting my content together. I also use it for storing and labelling all the little documents and bits an pieces that go into my accounting records. I'm naturallyquite a disorganised person, but Evernote helps tme to hold everything together
ProsEvernote is just so easy to use. I just love the fact that I can capture anything - text, emails, web clippings, pictures scanned docuemts,, sketches or voice notes, and then sort through it and file it at will. Evernote holds all the 'post it notes' ofmy brain, all the little snippets of stuff that occurs to me throughout the day. It syncs between my phone, my tablet and my desktop, so i can always find what I need. i also love the reminder fuction, so tht the exact thing I need can pop up forme on the day I need it
ConsNothing really - I find it reallyintuitive to use from start to finish
November 4, 2018
Market Research, 10,001+ employees
October 25, 2018

“Notes dynamic, creative and beautiful”

ProsI've been using Evernote for the past 2 years, during which my productivity steadily grew from posting 1-2 blog posts a month to 3-4 a week! What Evernote provided me with was a solution that allowed me to record my notes on the go via their mobile app, in any format I felt like let it be text notes, a voice note, a picture I captured on the go or even a sketch. This allowed me to instantly record my thoughts and ideas on the go and have them ready for when I sit down to write my posts on the desktop app! In addition, Evernote's editor is quite powerful and allowed me to showcase my creativity when it came to the blog post design and implementing online templates right into my notes allowed me to make the most out of this powerful tool!
ConsWhile Evernote has a free plan, however you can easily outgrow it once you start capturing media content and adding them to your notes. The paid version of Evernote can be slightly pricey for those who don't benefit fully from its capability . I faced some small bugs here and there with Evernote, but nothing major or critical. However, it is worth noting that Evernote's team are quite responsive to the community and are on top of things.
October 25, 2018
Nick M.
Developer
Computer Software, Self-employed
September 25, 2018

“Wish I would have had this in school! Great for business!”

OverallI use Evernote on a daily basis. I have notes and things I have written down since back in 2013. I would never have been able to keep notes and information this organized on paper or in an e-mail. This really has saved me in different situation with my business. It's easy to send clients notes or information to other developers that I work with. I love the functionality to be able to add audio notes and Facetime video notes. I use the free version but they do have a free trial for the premium, if that's what you need I'm sure it's well worth the mony. I keep my notes tagged and organized so all I have to do is search a couple of words and I can see my note right there. Trust me I have thousands of notes since 2013 and it's a breeze to find anything. Thanks Evernote!
Pros- Access anywhere - Easy to Organize (Notebooks & Tags) - Set up Reminders - Presentation Mode (Premium Version) - Share easily with Anyone and set permissions - Work Chat option for quick collaboration - Set up different Shortcuts - Facetime Camera Video Notes - Audio Notes - Import Images in Notes - Free! - Download app up to 3 computers or (access anytime online)
ConsI hate how easy it is to use :) Really nothing to hate about this software!
September 25, 2018
Sherri J.
Senior Minister
July 28, 2018

“Probably my favorite thing!”

OverallRobust storage system. Record voice notes. Upload multiple files. There's a cool scanner software that uploads directly to Evernote. Store almost any kind of file. Segment notes into notebooks for ease of finding. Tag notes for ease of searching. Share note with anyone also using Evernote.
ProsI use Evernote daily. I use it for business and for personal stuff. I use it to create grocery lists, keep my gratitude journal, take minutes in every meeting, record my thoughts as I read books, think out ideas...you name it!
ConsThe annotation function for PDFs does not work well. I signed up for the premium version a few years ago because I wanted that feature specifically. I needed to annotate some PDFs and then download the document with the annotations. I got the annotations in but they do not download as annotations ON the document. Instead, they download as a separate doc with a list of what you intend the annotate. That was useless for my purposes. I didn't renew the premium version because of that. I still love the software but I don't see what you're paying for if that feature doesn't work correctly.
July 28, 2018
Sherri J.
Senior Pastor
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
November 18, 2016

“I use Evernote for everything!”

OverallI can't remember how I learned about Evernote but it is my all time favorite app. I use it for everything - personal and business. I keep my gratitude journal with Evernote and I work out my sermons with Evernote. I also purchased the scannable app that allows me to scan anything and everything into Evernote. I use it to capture articles for research that I find in magazines and other periodicals.
ProsJust about everything. I love the user interface. I love that I can access it on every device I have, including my computer. I love that it updates simultaneously on all devices. I love the tag system. Now that I've been using the program for more than a year, I depend on those tags to be able to find older things I've deposited in Evernote. I also ended up purchasing the premium version which allows me to keep pictures and other things in Evernote instead of paying Apple or Google for storage.
ConsOne of the things that persuaded me to purchase the premium version is that I could annotate PDFs. That function does not work the way I thought it would and I ultimately do not use it for that. Disappointing but not a deal breaker.
Recommendations to other buyersYou won't be disappointed.
November 18, 2016
Ashley S.
CFO
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2019

“Harmony in Note-Taking”

OverallOverall the use of Evernote Business has brought harmony to meetings and note-taking, with the use of templates helping to make sure there's consistency in how notes are being taken. It's become a daily use program for me, not just for meetings, but also to keep track of my daily tasks and schedule.
ProsEvernote brings note-taking out of the Stone Age. The most useful feature has been the ability to create notes within notebooks and then place those notebooks in "stacks". This allows for a whole new level of harmony in keeping my notes, and thoughts, organized. Other features that have been lifesavers include the use of templates and tags - both of which save a ton of time in preparing and searching for meeting notes.
ConsFormatting features do not function perfectly. A lot of the formatting will change or move around and that can be frustrating. I also have yet to master the navigation of the desktop version of the app. The navigation isn't as intuitive as it seems like it should be and the use of the "back button" can be confusing. This could largely be user error though.
September 25, 2019
David G.
IT Project Manager
Investment Management, 201-500 employees
January 12, 2019

“From Personal to Business Evernote”

ProsI have used Evernote (personal) since I was in college. From free then upgraded to Premium. I love how it just helps me to organize all my college notes/to-do's/etc into one place. That's why I was indeed very happy to have it again with me now in my office / business startup. All things I loved about personal evernote is made even better with Evernote Business. I get to easily take down notes on the fly (smartphone, tablet, and my laptop), during meetings I also get the feature of saving an Audio recording (of course with the permission of the attendees), and when I browse the Internet, I have a handy clipper for my reference and used for presentations. The newest thing for me that I love the most is the birth of templates. Very handy and I'm sure more template will be made and shared. Also, the black theme! Finally! :) Also, the very benefits I have of personal use, is now made for workplace collaboration. I can easily share my notes with team members, as well as task lists and reminders. Very useful for my project teams.
ConsJust a minor quirk on the UX... I would really like the phone/tablet app to go on fullscreen editing. I mean, there's a top bar that's pretty huge that takes up screen real estate. Other than that, I really love Evernote (personal and business)
January 12, 2019
Navin N.
Program Lead - Solutions Development
Consumer Goods, 10,001+ employees
November 28, 2018

“The best and most comprehensive collaboration tool enabling Agility in your life”

ProsThis is a great app for someone who needs one place to store anything and everything. I have been using this for last 2 years. Easy to use and user friendly, the key features of this app are collaboration, taking notes, creating to do list, reminders and managing events. By far the most comprehensive multi sync enabled across all devices app, this is very helpful and useful. People are surprised when they see me plucking information in matter of minutes and presenting it. The new dark theme is an eye catcher, worth the upgrade. The search functionality works flawlessly, put a word and it searches the entire user context. I recommend this app to anyone who wants to collate all information centrally and want quick data outcomes. You can also copy data and post it seamlessly across any social media apps.
ConsEvernote should look at introducing API services so that calendar synchronization across some of Google products work. Also add more colors to highlights rather than current yellow.
November 28, 2018
Daniel Alejandro M.
Periodista y blogger Freelance
June 27, 2018

“Useful, easy to use and the best note app out there ”

OverallBeing able to retrieve anything that I have written before at anytime, anywhere, is just lovely. Thank You.
ProsThis is by far the note taking app I prefer as I use this for everything . The fact that I can sync this across any device (including the computer app) is to much. Since I started using it I had no troubles and no glitches, and that´s a lot to say. Such a great tool with cloud storage support and beautiful user interface. So simple to use, take and edit all of my notes. I love the feature where I can set an icon on my home screen to open a specific note, and also that I can always find whatever note I have written in past phones. So clean and quick to organize, always keeping my thoughts clear. I would recommend this to anyone. Taking notes with pictures? Yes please.
ConsWell even thought I use the free version, I thing that the storage limit could be a little higher. Taking this into consideration, I think the full version is kind of pricey. It still awesome anyway.
June 27, 2018
Philip D.
Project Planner
Construction, 10,001+ employees
August 19, 2019

“Game changing software. Perfect for audit trails”

OverallAs described above, I'm a genuinely happy customer, who was surprised so to be. I expected Evernote to be rather a gimmick and am pleased to find that well over a year down the line, I'm still happily ploughing ahead with photographing my notes and sharing them instantly with the team. Importantly, as previously stated, this has made my archiving a powerful tool.
ProsDigitising my notes has become worthwhile and easy. I use this in conjunction with a RocketBook and the pairing is fairly sublime! I can email hand written notes to different user groups, and quickly find archived notes. In our industry, it is incredibly important to evidence meetings and decisions. Evernote has genuinely stopped me from leafing through old notebooks in search of meeting notes.
ConsEvernote could probably be more powerful with good OCR. I'd like to see better third party pairings with other applications such a GMail or for work, Outlook. There isn't much not to like though.
August 19, 2019
Information Services, 10,001+ employees
February 27, 2019

“A good way to organize thoughts”

OverallI've been using evernote for a number of years for project notes and meeting minutes. I like that all be devices automatically sync up. There are a lot of new entrants into this space and alternate products to evaluate.
ProsI like that it works across platforms and devices, gives me the ability to segment different areas into different notebooks, and has a good number for formatting features etc. I use the notebook stacks quite a bit to organize notes from different projects at work, and in my personal life as well. It's not my favorite thing to use on my phone, but it's nice to have quick access to notes to remember details.
ConsThe formatting does not translate well in and out of evernote. If I am pasting a word doc in, or copying notes and putting them into email, the formatting often needs to be tweaked. The checkbox functionality and making a functional todo list needs some work as well. It's a great product, but I find myself using tools like google docs to maintain larger documents.
February 27, 2019