Lytmus Ratings

Overall

About Lytmus

Pre-employment assessment tool that allows businesses to assess and evaluate candidates based on OPS, QA, frontend, backend, & more. Learn more about Lytmus

Abhinav A.
Developer

“Great experience”

Overallall the good ones
Prosbest part is the ease of use and the data gathering makes life easy and structured. Makes business boom. up up up we go
ConsI don't like how bulky or slow it can be sometimes it is worth the money for long term growth and not short term
Di C.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Higher Education, Unspecified

“Smooth and Exellent!”

ProsLytmus provides a real-world environment that allows the interviewees like me could solve the problem in a familiar way. We can install the packages we need and set up the environment as we like. All of the customization makes me free comfortable during my online assessment. I would like to see other companies also provide the online assessment with Lytmus.
ConsThere is a learning curve for the interviewee who first knows Lytmus. So it takes some time for them to learn how the whole system works. Once people get familiar with it, the system becomes smooth as butter.
Alexander C.
December 22, 2017

“I've done numerous interviews that used various online testing products; Lytmus was by far the best!”

ProsLytmus, unlike many other online assessments used by companies, actually gave me problems that I would see in the job instead of some brainteaser problem. I believe along with the virtual machine used to complete the problems Lytmus is the closest to the real thing you can get with online assessments!
ConsThe virtual machine, although good in principle, was extremely laggy at some points. This led me to instead use an IDE on my local machine instead of the virtual machine. I believe this defeats some of the purpose of Lytmus.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
November 27, 2018

“Great software, fun challenges.”

ProsI liked the coding challenges offered by Lytmus. It has a clever feature that allows you to code on your personal device and sync your changes with their remote server.
ConsOccasionally there were some syncing issues where my changes failed to get copied over.
November 27, 2018
Lawrence Y.
periwinkle
Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees
December 12, 2017

“Massively underwhelming but decently satsified”

ProsGood energy and making amortization great against all odds. If I could recommend a system, this would be an alright choice.
ConsBad design and horrible customer service, however, makes me consider it a potentially non-viable choice. Work on that.
Krishna H.
December 22, 2017

“The staff was really good. They were very friendly and offered to give me another try when needed.”

ProsThe software is very easy to use The controls are really really easy and intuitive. I liked the tutorial qhere we get a complete overview of the software.
ConsThere was just one issue with the software. I dont know if the issue was with the software or with the settings given to it, but it showed that there were 24 hours remaining when there were only 12 hours. This needed me to contact the staff and get it fixed.
Eric L.
Interviewee
December 12, 2017

“Great interview experience that simulates actual work.”

OverallGood interview experience.
ProsInstead of just ds-algos, you can get a sense of being evaluated on how you would actually work. The VM is pretty cool, and I like the concept.
ConsThe VM is sometimes slow, the resolution is kind of blurry which is annoying. Also, the client which allows you to open files is a unix only software, which should at least be indicated.
Yiqi H.
student
December 18, 2017

“Easy to use, but not very smoothy,”

ProsI most like the realistic development environment. Besides, I am also impressed by Lytmus. It's an app for administering real-world programming tests for job applicants in their environment.
ConsThe Fluency. I think the Lytmus should try to improve the user experience. If the Virtual Machine is more smoothy, I think users will more like it.
Enrique B.
Desarrollador de software
Internet, 11-50 employees
December 12, 2017

“Lytmus is a great platform for coding interviews as it lets you use a virtual linux environment.”

Pros-Sync with your favorite editor -Linux environment with superuser privileges -Fast with good internet, virtual machine in the browser -Testing for problems, only run a file -Ability to write own tests
Cons-Hard to work with with slow internet connection -Almost no packages installed -When changing language everything is deleted
Amy X.
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
December 14, 2017

“Interview went smoothly”

OverallEnjoyable coding challenge interview experience
ProsI liked that for my interview, I was given plenty of time to work on the problems. I enjoyed being able to run my code in a "regular" environment, because a lot of times when you run code in a browser the prints come out wrong. Everything went smoothly.
December 14, 2017
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
May 11, 2018

“Not my favorite, but it got the job done”

ProsOnce I figured it out, it did make things quite a bit easier but it was a steep learning curve comparatively when I needed it to be up and running
ConsLag is annoying--I wish it was a bit faster and less ungainly at points (more gainly?) Hard to figure out at first
May 11, 2018
Yong Hoon D.
December 23, 2017

“I used Lytmus to have an online coding challenge.”

ProsIt is easy to switch the coding environment by clicking a button. The problem descriptions were attached to each coding environment.
ConsAs we are using a virtual OS using a browser, it lags a lot and it is hard to code if the internet connection is not stable enough.
Erica W.
Computer Software, Self-employed

“Enjoyable, fluid, easy-to-use”

ProsI loved that the VM integrated with my personal computer. It made it really convenient to write code, and submit it to the server, as I enjoy using my personal IDE.
ConsHaving a VM was a bit clunky, as a majority of the coding problems I was given did not necessitate the entire VM.
Computer Software, Unspecified
December 18, 2017

“Enjoyed using this product”

ProsAbility to use your own IRE to me is very useful, I think it really gives flexibility . It also allow me to code faster
ConsI think the thing that bothered me was the way it handles problem switching, it often lags a lot and make it so that I don't really want to switch problem.
Priyank J.
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
December 18, 2017

“The simulation was smooth and without any lag”

ProsThe most important thing about this software is the lack of any kind of lag. Flawless and smooth run.
ConsThe only thing I do not like about this software is probably the design. The design could be made better, though the current one is not bad.
Research, 1001-5000 employees
December 12, 2017

“I like the experience with Lytmus”

OverallI had a smooth interview with a great company.
ProsI found my interview with companies with lytmus are very smooth. I did not see any operations that are difficult to handle.
ConsI did not know the diff between coderpad and lytmus. It seems the diff between the two products are not obvious
ratish g.
Developer
December 22, 2017

“I was surprised that i got a vm to interview on. ”

ProsI had sudo access which helped me install libraries during interview. I think this was a positive surprise.
ConsFile transfer b/w remote and local. I think the user interface can be made better so it doesn't feel like one needs special knowledge to use it.
Maria K.
December 22, 2017

“I got to use this to solve interview problems. I had to solve 3 problems. ”

ProsThe software is very intuitive and very easy to use! I liked how I was able to use my own text editor, that was the most useful part.
ConsI think it was a little slow to load everything and use the browser just because it was emulating a vm.
Yi Y.
Software engineer
December 22, 2017

“easy to use, the linux environment is pretty awesome”

Prosthe way to do interview is better than phone interview. have access online to finish interview is also pretty good
ConsIf can pre-install some IDEs like intellij or sublime then that would be better for people to do coding on the platform.
Sammie B.
Software Engineer
December 18, 2017

“Very practical assessment of candidate”

Prosthe environment as a real ubuntu environment with the features and programs that I'd expect and would use in a real job
Conslittle slow and it runs on google chrome, i can't paste clipboard from my computer into the VM's clipboard.
Anirudha D.
Graduate Student
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
December 18, 2017

“UI Friendly and ease of use!”

Pros* The software runs smoothly and leaves a very good impression * The features are all intuitive and the forms do not look crowded. * The demo does a good job of giving a feel for the software
William K.
Software Engineer Intern Candidate
December 12, 2017

“Best coding experience I've had.”

ProsAllows for customized environment in which everyone has the same needed software to complete the task at hand.
ConsIt is slow since it's a VM running in your browser, but it's not too noticeable when you're running your code.
Christopher W.
Incoming Application Security Engineering Intern
December 22, 2017

“ Easy to use and desktop syncing was great”

ProsLoved working in a real development enviornment. Using Ubuntu made development a lot easier to debug Test cases and edit source code.
ConsSteep learning curve if unfamiliar with Linux. I've talked to colleagues who are unfamiliar with Linux and found using a GUI in the browser challenging
Jacob G.
PhD Candidate
Internet, 1001-5000 employees
December 12, 2017

“Overall easy to navigate and satisfying to use!”

ProsI found it easy to get started and the automatic sync functionality was very helpful when I coded something up on my own laptop.
ConsMaybe the full screen display. Sometimes it had problems on macOS and Chrome. But as I said, this does not affect the overall quality of the software. :)