Office Timeline Ratings

Overall

About Office Timeline

Office Timeline is a fast and intuitive PowerPoint add-in that creates beautiful Gantt charts and timelines for important presentations. Get clients and executives on your side with clear, visual product roadmaps and reports that they can easily follow. Show progress with details such as Time Elapsed, % Complete or Today Marker and customize any object on your timeline to add meaning and get your point across. Learn more about Office Timeline

Rick B.
Senior Engineer: Rocket Motors and Warheads
May 31, 2018

“Making Timelines of Important data has never been this easy! A few clicks, population, done!”

OverallThe software made it so much easier to present detailed, informative, and engaging Timelines to customers, as well as to other stakeholders in the projects in which I am involved. It allowed me to pull the audience into the detail without risking boredom. The number of themes available for different types of timelines, as well as the small details that can be customised right out of the box are really great.
ProsThe software being integrated directly with Microsoft PowerPoint makes life so much easier as it adds your timeline directly to a slide you're using. The timeline is made up of shapes and objects commonly available in MS PowerPoint, but there is a lot of intelligence built into it. The object created is not static, but can be edited to change details afterwards by using the simple User Interface provided. The Interface follows the design of PowerPoint and almost seems to be a standard part of the package. Really great software for any level of user.
ConsThe software does not create a grouped object on your slide, but a huge quantity of loose objects. If you move an object around, it will move, unless you edit your timeline through the UI. Whilst this is a nice feature to allow for unique customisation, it adds an element of complexity that not all users will appreciate. (The only reason Ease of Use loses a star.)

By Office Timeline on June 5, 2018
Hi, Rick! Thank you for reviewing Office Timeline! It¿s great to hear that you are overall pleased with the add-in¿s performance and output. When manually changing the elements of your timeline, please click the Accept button on the Office Timeline ribbon. The add-in can handle a variety of custom changes, but there are some that it doesn't support. When clicking Accept, the manual edits that are supported will be saved, while any formatting that is not supported will be reset to default. A solution for the latter case is to make these unsupported manual changes right at the end, after you've finished editing your graphic. Also, to group multiple tasks on a single row, the Tasks-in-a-row functionality may be helpful. You can learn more about it here: https://support.officetimeline.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000299847-How-to-show-multiple-tasks-on-one-row For further assistance, please contact us at support[at]officetimeline.com. Best wishes, S. Stingu - Head of Marketing
May 31, 2018
S S.
October 14, 2016

“Valuable time-saving tool”

OverallThis is a great piece of software that has saved me a boatload of time. I create project slides frequently and have been doing so for the past several years. They are primarily used for recurring reviews with my managers. In each review I needed to update the original slide as dates and progress on my project inevitably change month over month. This process was brittle, fiddly, time consuming and just painful. Office Timeline automatically does this for me which has been a huge time-saver. Since it is a PowerPoint add-in I found it very easy and familiar to create my project slides, but the real value for me is when I need to update or change them. This now happens instantly and my mangers and team seem to love the visuals it creates. With regard to the functionality, although it is a visual tool, I have also found it quite useful in handling smaller projects. I had used MS Project to plan these projects but it is just too complex for small efforts. This tool has worked really well for that because it is simple to use and very easy to share project slides. The MS Excel and .mpp import and synchronization feature are very good and it leaves me wishing the software had actual PM functionality in the tool itself things like some WBS and some resourcing and cost reporting. Overall I have been extremely pleased with it.
Pros1. Integrates natively with PowerPoint and makes very nice looking Gantt charts and timelines. 2. I can import existing data from Excel or Microsoft Project and it instantly turns them into nice slides; I can synchronize these slides when my Excel or mpp data changes. 3. The slides it makes are native PowerPoint slides so they are easy to put into presentations, share with clients and managers and easy to edit. They are familiar for everyone else which is good.
Cons1. Would really like to see more Project Management types of services, like resource tracking and budgeting. 2. Would like to see an adjacent online service for storing and managing my slides and any templates I build.
October 14, 2016
Jose A.
Ayudante Tecnico del Departamento de Informatica
April 5, 2018

“The tool is very good facilitates the creation of Gantt graphics”

ProsI found this software in its free trial version when we studied the Gantt charts for the organization and management of projects, I was looking for a tool that will facilitate the design and allow me to assemble the graphic in an easy and understandable way for the rest of my colleagues, What I liked about the application was that it works directly with PowerPoint and it includes templates that make it much faster to prepare them.
ConsAccount only with versions for computers would be good to implement an online version and existing versions are more compatible with each other.

By Office Timeline on April 10, 2018
Thank you, Jose, for your review of Office Timeline! We¿re glad to hear that the tool has helped you create Gantt charts that are easily understandable for your audience. It is with great pleasure that I inform you there is a web-based version of this application called Pincello, which allows you to create timelines right from your browser. To learn more about the free online version of Office Timeline, please visit this link: https://www.officetimeline.com/pincello Best wishes, Sebastian Stingu ¿ Head of Marketing
ANTONIS D.
Photographer
Photography, 1-10 employees
April 5, 2018

“I used this software for presentations and projects at the Uni. ”

OverallTo manage daily / weekly schedules and projects.
ProsIt's an easy tool to manage tasks and overlook current project developments and timelines. It helped me to create weekly schedules concerning my projects in the university.
ConsThe design could be more modern and more interactive. It's easy to use but there are improvements that could make it look more professional and modern.

By Office Timeline on April 10, 2018
Hi, Antonis! Thank you for using Office Timeline and taking the time to review the tool. It's great to know that you consider the add-in easy to use and that it has helped you with your presentations. We strive to develop the app on a regular basis, so please make sure to update it whenever notified so you don't miss out on its latest improvements and enhancements. Best wishes, Sebastian Stingu - Head of Marketing
Melissa B.
October 16, 2016

“An essential tool in my project toolkit”

OverallVery cool software. Quickly makes PowerPoint Gantt chart slides that look really good. Replaces creating timelines in Viso (painfully time consuming) or snipping MS Project Gantts (painfully ugly and complex). The PowerPoint slides are native, so anyone who has PowerPoint can use them, edit them or share them which means my project slides are consumed and used by other around the Office. It does a good job laying out tasks and milestones on a single slide, with some automation that optimizes spacing and crowding. It also has some pretty slick integration with Excel and MS Project that allows me to link to my existing data and to synch the slide when that data changes.
ProsIt plugs right into to PowerPoint. I use PowerPoint a lot, so do my clients and colleagues. Managing my project slides right inside PowerPoint is really nice and they are very easy to share out. Also, I have to report project updates on a recurring basis and use the synchronization feature. Before each meeting I simply open the previous slide deck, find the timeline slide I am reporting on, click the synchronization button and instantly my PowerPoint chart is updated with any changes that have occurred over the previous month.
October 16, 2016
Melissa W.
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
December 12, 2018

“Office Timeline creates effective timelines for PowerPoint presentations.”

ProsOffice Timeline creates effective timelines for PowerPoint presentations. The ease of use to create professional timelines using office timelines is cost-effective and simple. The free version will have you hooked and the plus version is well worth the cost.
ConsUpdates to Office Timeline could be better scheduled and less time consuming. Product is well worth the minor inconvenience.

By Office Timeline on December 13, 2018
Hi, Mellissa! Thank you for purchasing Office Timeline and for taking the time to review the tool. We¿re thrilled to know that the add-in is helping you create effective presentations, and that you are pleased with its usability and output. Although the add-in¿s performance may prove ¿buggy¿ after a major update, we do strive to improve it on a regular basis so that our customers can enjoy an enhanced user experience. It¿s great that you find the app to be a product worth having ¿ we appreciate your feedback! Best wishes, Sebastian Stingu ¿ Head of Marketing
December 12, 2018
Tonya J.
manager
1-10 employees
August 10, 2018

“Office Timeline”

ProsCreates timelines easily in PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft project. Make your designs truly your own with the customization options. Creates timelines that are specific to the minute.
ConsSometimes images don't want to stay in place. Luckily this isn't something that happens on a regular basis, but unfortunately when it does happen it's annoying.
August 10, 2018
Zeena N.
writer
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
March 5, 2018

“At-a-glance view of company milestones with easy-to-use PowerPoint add-in”

OverallAble to construct beautiful timelines without graphic designer expertise.
ProsI stumbled upon this add-in while searching for professional ways to present historical data over several decades. The free trial worked like a charm, especially if you don't want to waste time constructing Gantt charts and importing data from Excel. It can also be used to add pizzazz to those tedious project timelines and save on the need to get project management software if you are a startup on a budget.
ConsNot much, really. I would value more customer support to deal with questions after the fact, like removing unnecessary information after the fact.

By Office Timeline on March 6, 2018
Hi, Zeena! Thank you for using and reviewing Office Timeline! We¿re glad to hear you find the add-in easy to use and that it has helped you create professional-looking timelines quickly and efficiently. To find out more about how to use the free edition of our tool, please watch the short tutorial below https://www.officetimeline.com/videos/quick-start-free Alternatively, if you need further assistance, you can always contact our support team at support[at]officetimeline.com. Our specialists will be happy to help. Best wishes
March 5, 2018
Kelly C.
Student
April 24, 2018

“I used this as a student in order to create GANTT charts.”

ProsOverall, the software is easy to understand and straightforward. The timeline for the GANTT chart is laid out in a clear manner.
ConsThere could be more customer support and assistance as well as advice as you are using the software in order to provide tips to improve utility.

By Office Timeline on June 5, 2018
Hi, Kelly! Thank you for using and reviewing Office Timeline. We¿re glad to know that you find the add-in intuitive and straightforward when creating Gantt charts. To make the best out of the tool¿s features, please see our support articles and step-by-step video tutorials at the links below: ¿ Support articles: https://support.officetimeline.com/hc/en-us ¿ Video tutorials: https://www.officetimeline.com/videos Best wishes, Sebastian Stingu ¿ Head of Marketing
April 24, 2018
Eddy M.
PM
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
September 22, 2016

“Excellent Gantt charts for presentations”

OverallIt took my project data from Microsoft Project and turned it into a summary Gantt chart PowerPoint slide that looked really simple and professional. Saved me an hour of time because I usually make my own summary charts for team reviews.
ProsSuper easy to use. Built into PowerPoint so it creates nice PowerPoint slides.
ConsIt didn't have dependencies.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you use Project or Excel, you don't have to manually create a timeline. Just use the import feature and it will make the timeline for you. Then, you can sync it when the project data changes.
September 22, 2016
Emilie C.
HR junior controller
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1001-5000 employees
July 19, 2017

“Fancy timelines to have an professional overview on projects”

OverallLess time spent on building timelines with shapes on Word or Excel. Professional presentation.
ProsIt is really user friendly. Professional timelines are made in a few minutes with a few clicks. The presentation can be customize. Different colors are available so you can have a visual display of different tasks/steps of the projects.
ConsIt is not always easy to remove parts of the timeline that are not necessary. As soon as you do not get the same versioning as another user, he cannot modify the timeline.
Education Management, Self-employed
June 14, 2019

“Great for presenting time lines in PowerPoint”

ProsThis does one thing, but does it well. It will create a timeline with milestones and tasks as a slide in PPT. It uses Excel for easy data entry/editing and allows a variety of styles. I've been surprised how many uses I've found for it - normally communicating process for a project. The results have gotten consistent positive comments - and it doesn't take much time.
ConsThere is a bit of a learning curve, but it's worth it. Use their videos and tutorials, the time is well spent.
June 14, 2019
Hillary S.
January 3, 2017

“Must have PowerPoint add in”

OverallI needed to quickly create a Gantt chart that I could use in my engagement planning document. The Office Timeline add in does just that. I found it to be quite intuitive and I was able to get the graphic I needed within 10 minutes of installing the software. At a later time, I needed to create a timeline using hours and minutes but that feature is not yet available. I've contacted their support line which was very responsive and assured me that I will be able to also use Office Timeline for hours and minutes timelines within Q1 2017, really looking forward to that. I am yet to test out their integration with MS Project and Excel but I feel I've got my money's worth already.
Rajit A.
QA Tester
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
October 10, 2016

“Quick, Easy and Fancy”

OverallHad some presentations to get ready and with Office Timeline everything was ready on time! Really happy with the decision of purchasing this piece of software.
ProsEasy to use, good looking
ConsNot available on Mac
Recommendations to other buyersRecommend for Product Managers
October 10, 2016
Dan F.
Dev
Information Technology and Services, Unspecified

“Simple and straightforward”

OverallReally fast software & good functionality. Never let me down especially when I needed a presentation up and running in no time.
ProsFast, reliable
ConsCould have a bit more tips and tricks. Easy to use but I have a lot of experience, could be harder if you're not tech savvy
Recommendations to other buyersGet it fast!
Kurt K.
GM
August 26, 2011

“FANTASTIC PRODUCT FOR QUICK PROJECT SCHEDULES AND TIMELINES”

OverallThis is a really helpful, easy to use tool and I love it! I highly recommend it for any projects where you have to share project schedule and timeline with others.
Pros1. Can't beat the price. It's free. 2. Love the integration with PowerPoint 3. New Timeline Wizard is nice and saves time in creating schedule 4. Timelines look very professional 5. Easy to customize timelines 6. Great for showing project timelines to execs and customers
ConsNot so good for very complex timelines or schedules but great for quick timelines/schedules of medium complexity.
August 26, 2011
Banking, 1001-5000 employees
September 27, 2019

“Office Timeline used to easily produce IT project roadmaps”

OverallOffice Timeline is a good tool to produce timelines & roadmaps very fast & integrate them into slides Part of the Office suite is clearly an advantage in terms of integration with other popular bureautic software such as Powerpoint, Excel, Word...
ProsGood & attractive design in slides when generating roadmaps Various styles & colors may be applied Generic templates usable even in the Free trial version
ConsFree trial options are a bit limited meaning one may rapidly need to buy a license in order to use extended models Sometimes too macroscopic views with not enough granularity in the way to represent graphics

By Office Timeline on September 30, 2019
Hi there! Thank you for having chosen Office Timeline and for taking the time to review the add-in. We're thrilled to know that the tool is helping you easily produce IT roadmaps, and that you're pleased with its interface and functionalities. Thank you for your feedback, we strive to constantly develop both versions so we can ensure the best user experience possible. Best wishes, Sebastian Stingu Head of Marketing
September 27, 2019
Michele P.
Development And Volunteer Manager
Philanthropy, 501-1000 employees
January 28, 2019

“Office Timeline Review ”

ProsOffice Timeline is perfect for your individual projects or group projects. You have the option to import data into a timeline template which in return you will have a great visual aid to showcase your project statuses.
ConsCurrently their office hours for support are limited which, in the event you need assistance and working on a project that night or weekend you are forced to wait.
January 28, 2019
Andrew D.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees
July 18, 2019

“Clunky and not up to date”

OverallProject slides.
ProsGood looking Slides once you have found a work around for their clunky software.
ConsMost of the fuctionality does not work correctly, updating a linked MS Project never worked. Had to upload multiple times to get a good looking reports. Recently stopped working all together and they hammer you with ads. Super annoying!
July 18, 2019
Nicolas S.
HR Project Manager
July 19, 2017

“Great tool to professionalize your projet presentation”

ProsOffice Timeline is easy to use and give to the user all wishing functionality to create a efficient presentation. In small click, slides are greaters
ConsBased on milestones and tasks, offie time line directly create the timeline in a pwp slide. Sometimes, you have to centralize or move a miletsones flag as it's not always fiting in 1 page
Joshua J.
Estimator
Utilities, 11-50 employees
April 18, 2017

“Great Experience!”

OverallFor the money, this program is definitely worth it.
ProsThe tutorial once I downloaded the program was great! I was able to create a timeline within minutes of watching the video and following the steps.
ConsI had some compatibility issues and it took a little while with support to get it fixed. The process was just a little longer than I would have liked.
April 18, 2017
Emmanuel S.
December 8, 2016

“Great tool for professional timelines”

OverallOffice Timeline integrates seamlessly in your Microsoft Office applications. It offers amazingly easy to make Timelines which realy enhance your visual representation of a project or timing.
December 8, 2016
Uchi S.
Marketing Consultant
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
November 2, 2016

“Fast and reliable timeline generator”

OverallI needed a software for creating timelines incorporating some graphics at least. I found Office Timeline who delivered basically everything I needed. Too bad it's only a desktop version and has to be downloaded.
ProsGood looking, feature heavy, direct in Ms Office Powerpoint
Consonly desktop version, can't be used online
Recommendations to other buyersDon't forget to use their templates, big help on getting started
November 2, 2016
Nakari H.
Gerencia General de Geográfia
June 25, 2018

“What previously took me time to do in power point now is only a matter of time.”

ProsIt is the perfect integration in Power point, and a perfect administrator of time, it helps to plan the development of the projects in terms of the outputs and evolution of the same
ConsIt gets a bit complicated in terms of downloading and updating, the users would value more customer support.
June 25, 2018
Stacy P.
Counselor
November 17, 2017

“Easy to use and makes presentations professional and informative ”

ProsI love how easy it is to use and it does not take long to familiarize yourself with functions. It is easy to drag and drop points to make your timeline.
ConsThere are different versions and if others don't have the same version or updated version, the collaboration gets a little tricky.
November 17, 2017