SPS Commerce Fulfillment Ratings

Overall

About SPS Commerce Fulfillment

With SPS Commerce Fulfillment, youll have an entire team of trusted advisors ready to help you gain more from your EDI and achieve 100% compliance and ongoing success with your retailer, grocer and distributor trading partners. Our solution is fast, reliable and scalable and can handle your most complex fulfillment requirements for any trading partner, across any channel, including stores, e-commerce and marketplaces. Learn more about SPS Commerce Fulfillment

Steven C.
Operations Coordinator
Food Production, 11-50 employees
July 19, 2019

“CPG Industry-Fueled EDI Fulfillment Brilliantly Simplified ”

OverallTriple-grade A, top-notch overall experience: EDI enables the timely acknowledgment of PO's (sales opportunities) to be serviced in as timely a manner as possible with the help of SPS Commerce...in the CPG industry, EDI is an absolute must and this platform affords our organization the ease of access with our various national and regional retail partners to conduct seamless and streamlined transactions. I recommend this service to small and medium-sized enterprises that only seek the finest tools in their respective trades and fields to get the job done right.
ProsSeamless integration with varied retail partners through EDI link up, real-time receipt of digital documents from party to party, ability to accept or reject PO revisions with select retail partners, endless types of transactions to conduct business through in the software platform (from initial PO receipt up to freight/logistics servicing and finally to the sought after finish line with the fulfillment/invoicing of PO's), back-end deduction claims management, debit-credit adjustments and remittance advices simplified...and then some.
ConsManual inputting of data points for all of our PO's serviced via our various national/regional retail partners...has to be a workaround to digitally uplink fulfillments and invoices from ERP platform (NetSuite). At least in my experience, it has all been manual submissions but otherwise, the above reviews would be flawless. Perhaps, the same rule of thought could apply to advance shipment notices for uploading signed BOL's but not as much of a hindrance compared to our constant billing cycle to maintain.
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
July 19, 2018

“Great for integrated CMS systems”

OverallMy experience hasn't been easy. There was no first hand training. We had to rely on webinars and video training to gather the knowledge we needed to understand how to navigate SPS Commerce and the fulfillment process. However, if we had an in-person training and if our in-house software was more up-to-date so that integration and automation was an option, I believe my experience would be more pleasant.
ProsThe ability to communicate between retailers and suppliers in a very real time exchange. The ability to merge a large quantity of orders directly into our CMS software for quick and easy fulfillment. The search ability to easily find any PO and the ease with being able to separate retailers by name. Love the work flow chart associated to each order- easy to see notes and activity in regard to any given order.
ConsThe complicated and lengthy process of sending and receiving PO Acknowledgements and Changes. All recent activity is noted on the over and transaction tabs, making it confusing to scroll through. I like the idea of only showing 1 PO number and having check marks within the box that show the activity that has been completed for that particular PO. This software does not work well with our very unique "small company" CMS/ ERP software. We have to manually print out each PO, manually respond with a PO Acknowledgement after manually checking our inventory, and then have to manually enter the drop ship addresses and order into our software for fulfillment. We then also have to manually respond with ASNs and import invoicing. We do have the ability to merge large quantity orders, with a specially crafted application so long as it only has a few consistent addresses the account/retailer ships to. Automated merging is not possible for many and varying drop ship addresses, those we must manually print, review, and enter through the entire fulfillment process.
Walter S.
E-Commerce Manager
Information Services, 11-50 employees
July 23, 2019

“EDI Fulfillment Tool: Great Way To Fulfill Orders”

OverallBefore using SPS Commerce we had to do everything manually in the form of emails and our company software. Now whenever we receive an order we just log in to the portal process it on our end and then enter the tracking information and invoice information. Easy peasy!
ProsVery easy to use. Once everything is setup we get prompt emails for orders received. This helps us in processing the order. Once we login to the portal everything is just a click away. All the open order are shown on the dashboard instantaneously. Furthermore, there are very userfriendly and vibrant buttons or blocks that differentiate between orders, errors, shipments, and invoices. If anything is missing from any order for example shipping information or invoicing information, it's just a click away to complete it. When we open the order, the presentation of the order workflow is so easy to understand, even a layman with no technical information can easily understand at which stage the order is. We have one of our trusted resellers also using it and they are able to extract information very easily. Also, when we signed up I was afraid I would not understand how everything works on the SPS portal, but the training center feature helped me greatly understand how each of the processes works. I had an issue once, I was unable to find the carrier code for one of my carriers, I talked to the support rep and she helped me with it. Although it took her some time also to find it but the issue was resolved.
ConsWell, I wouldn't say its a very bad feature but when I tried adding more users to our account, like our accounts personnel and other team members who interact with it, there was a fee associated with it. It's not a con but we were not informed about it before.
July 23, 2019
Richard M.
Account Manager & IT Support
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

“Excellent EDI Solution”

OverallAs I described above, we were required to come up with a solution which started as an EDI interface to receive and acknowledge POs, but turned into requirements for ASNs, Invoicing, etc. SPS has been easy for all of our users and has met the needs of our customers with these requirements.
ProsA number of years ago, one of our distribution networks started to demand we use an EDI platform for the receipt of purchase orders. Our ERP does not support this feature, so we had to look outside for solutions. We evaluated SPS Commerce and found this service to be the broadest, most user-friendly and economical solution in the marketplace. Some of our other distribution networks have since come on board and created new demands for different functions which SPS offers. Access by all of our departments (sales, customer service, bookkeeping, shipping, etc.) allows us to seamlessly meet our customers' needs.
ConsWhen rejecting a purchase order, an anticipated ship date still has to be entered in order to process the rejection even though the order is rejected. This often confuses customers because you are both rejecting the order and entering a ship date. If the drop down option is to reject the order, then one shouldn't be forced to also enter a date.
Sam C.
Vice President
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
April 17, 2018

“SPS Commerce gets the job done, but seems expensive for what it is”

OverallSPS Commerce allowed us to connect to dropship and bulk-shipment retailers via EDI. We were able to fulfill orders manually via this software, and then eventually set up the software to communicate automatically with our warehouse.
ProsIf you need to connect to a sales channel via EDI, SPS Commerce is going to be one of the most reliable options to do so. SPS is a large organization, and they seem to have experience connecting with any retailer we would want to do business with. This makes the integration process a lot easier. SPS also has a very responsive technical support team. Any time an issue comes up, we send them an email, and almost always get a response within one business day. The technical team seems to be very knowledgeable.
ConsThe main con is the price. SPS charges a flat per-document fee. When you are receiving large dollar-value orders, this small fee per document doesn't amount to much. However, if you are doing high volume, low dollar-value dropship orders, the fixed fee per document takes out a large percentage of your profit. Depending on the type of business you do, you need to clearly negotiate with SPS to get the pricing that works best for you. Other than that, the experience with SPS Commerce has been good.
Jennie L.
Director of Finance
Accounting, 1-10 employees
April 23, 2018

“Customer Support is very helpful”

Overalleasy to use.
ProsThis program is easy to use. Most of our customers are using this program for EDI, thus we use this program almost daily to get purchase orders from multiple customers and invoice each customer after shipment on a very easy and convenient way. It is a very helpful tool to do invoicing and fasten payment receivable. It also has alert system to tell you if your invoice can not pass on to the customers with reason etc. It is in short a useful and helpful tool to run the daily business through EDI platform. I personally recommend this software to the similar business model as ours.
ConsBesides the Pros for this software, it also has some negative features that I would like to bring up here. It is not easy to look up some information sometimes. Especially when you want to look up some history information, the search criteria is somehow ambitious. It takes time to try an error to search for some information. Also the online chat is not always there, it is usually take you a day to get response for some simple question. Phone in also take quite long wait. It is the most important things I feel SPS commerce should pay more attention to improve.
Diana D.
General Manager Accounting
Wholesale, 1-10 employees

“SPS User Friendly”

OverallI was the person who worked with the SPS team on set-up. As inexperienced as I am with this type of system I had many questions and a few times we had to set up conference calls to get everything as we needed it. The SPS team never acted as if I was a burden and patiently answered all my questions. This to me is worth more than I can say. After set-up and moving forward any questions I had and issues I faced there was always an SPS team member that would be there to walk me through a procedure or answer my questions.
ProsThe software is very easy to use. I can navigate through different forms with ease. I can also check for errors before finalizing a form. This allows me to catch any mistakes before finalizing the form.
ConsThere is not much I don't like about the system and nothing at this time I would recommend changing or adding.
Patti M.
Business Process Manager
Food Production, 201-500 employees
July 30, 2019

“Automation that Saves Time and Money”

OverallOur overall experience with SPS as a business has been wonderful. The live chat is a great feature to solve issues quickly. Automation is the wave of the future and any additional time savers would be a great addition.
ProsI am very happy we selected to implement the SPS adapter to automatically take our orders and interface with Quick Books and our ERP system. This has saved me countless hours of work. The testing and implementation support has been outstanding and their representative is professional, patient and very knowledgeable, Time is Money :-)
ConsThere are a few tweaks we have had to hard code but other than that I would say there was nothing to not like about the software. There is a half hour delay between the time the order hits fulfillment until the time I get a new order email.
July 30, 2019
Food & Beverages, Unspecified
April 23, 2018

“We use SPS on a daily basis, but when problems arise there is always a delay in resolution.”

ProsOnce set-up has been completed correctly the process is smooth. I like that I am able to get notifications of the activities of the POs, Invoices, and ASNs.
ConsThe software is fine, but support needs help. Emailing customer support is a slow process and I don't get same day responses/resolutions. Response from a staff member can take a few days to a week. I typically have to call in to get problems resolved the same day if it's an urgent matter. Error notifications don't provide any details on why documents were rejected. Depending on who is helping with the ticket will depend on the length of time for resolution. I have requested a break down of the EDI flow so I can understand the process better, but have not received additional information and was told there isn't any information on this. Our company has had high turnover and there is no one on staff that has a central understanding of how EDI works.
Jan G.
Customer Order Management
Warehousing, 501-1000 employees
August 2, 2019

“Software for Dummies”

OverallI have had no issues at all with orders, printing, invoicing and love this product. It is just the email that I wish we could change, but that may be internal.
ProsI love this software as it guides you through the process of what you are needing to do. I have always been one to want to get in and work on something to figure it out and with this software it took no time to catch on and figure out what it does. I am super happy with the results I get daily.
ConsI don't think this is a software issue, but my company can't get emails to come to my work email letting me know an order is available. It has to go to a separate folder that I have to check numerous times a day. It would be very nice to get a email stating an order is ready to print or invoice.
August 2, 2019
Michael H.
Product Director
Wholesale, 201-500 employees
May 7, 2018

“A little frustrating to date albeit issues with resources on our side, ”

OverallTo early to tel but what we expect is a streamlined EDI process requiring minimal intervention and no errors
ProsWe haven't had chance yet to fully integrate yet so it will be some time before we can comment fully on what we do and don't like re this software. On the webforms startup it was more difficult to use than our previous provider but I think that's a lack f training up front but once this was organised it was better - Point do a better job in this area we should not have to chase
ConsWe haven't had chance yet to fully integrate yet so it will be some time before we can comment fully on what we do and don't like re this software. On the webforms startup it was more difficult to use than our previous provider but I think that's a lack f training up front but once this was organised it was better - Point do a better job in this area we should not have to chase
Ashley S.
Customer Fulfillment Manager
July 5, 2018

“SPS has been great to work with and made my job much more efficient.”

OverallMakes processing customer orders so easy and it's a great place to have all our orders stored in one spot. Customer service is really good too!
ProsI LOVE that SPS integrates with our accounting system, so I can import customer orders with the click of a button. I wouldn't want to work without it! It's easy to use, the navigation is very user friendly, and I like that is has all my documents in one place. Customer service/support is great and they are always willing to help.
ConsOn the rare occasion, it can be a little slow and/or glitche, but that is probably my own internet more than anything. I do wish that there were page arrows at both the top and bottom of pages. Currently, you can only switch to the next page by scrolling all the way to the bottom of the page. When the pages are so long, it would be nice to have that option at the top too!
July 5, 2018
Harris W.
Regional Account Manager
Wholesale, 1-10 employees
May 21, 2019

“Great products and support”

ProsStreamlined our order processing for our high volume clients while also eliminating manual entry input errors. It also integrated directly with our ERP/CRM software seamlessly.
ConsLearning a new procedure had a bit of a learning curve and sometime the software connection can be a bit slow, but haven't determined if that is a SPS issue or the software their product connects to.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
August 23, 2018

“SALES DEPT MORE CONCERNED WITH MONEY THAN CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS”

OverallWe have been using SPS Commerce for quite a while to process orders for one of our major vendor partners who uses DC's to disperse to their stores. Another mid-size chain opted to used them as well. While it takes about 3-4 times as long to process these orders due to the number of steps involved in verification, we were fine with the partnership. When one of our major vendor partners indicated they were going to start using SPS Commerce to create greater visibility, we realized it would increase our volume with SPS Commerce (SC) significantly. The SC sales team was aggressive and persistent in pushing for confirmation of the additional partnership agreement. We were sold on a flat rate contract, which if it started in line with the Vendor Partner implementation date would have been a good deal. When the Vendor Partner delayed, we were basically told "too bad", rather than SC in turn being willing to push the date. They are collecting triple the rate yet not doing the work of processing the orders for this Vendor Partner. It has completely soured our view of SC. We will be addressing this issue with the Vendor Partner and urging them to consider a competitor alternative for order processing.
ProsIt creates visibility and the tech support team is helpful.
ConsLack of integrity from the sales team. We were sold on a flat rate contract set to align with a vendor partnership compliance date. Even though the contract date was a month early (SPS Commerce set the deadline to "lock in" the flat rate to a full month before the implementation date with the major Vendor Partner), the sales rep indicated we would see early implementation of order delivery by signing up. When the compliance implementation date was delayed by the vendor partner, the sales team refused to push the start date or offer any delay in the new heavy fees that are triple the old rate. To date, we are paying another fulfillment company for processing this vendor partners orders, while also paying SPS Commerce triple what our previous months average was to not process them. Not the makings for a win-win partnership.
August 23, 2018
Berlinda Y.
IT Service Manager
June 28, 2018

“Favorable experience - sometimes there are issues that need to be resolved but they are responsive”

OverallComply with the Customers' requirement easily
ProsThe Hybrid Solution that allows integration and webform . Ability to print out the shipping /ucc 128 label which is a great plus for us. Ability to check documents either on Webform or in the integration and using of one map format for all Trading Partners is wonderful - making the testing a breeze. Support team is great - they will try to help you resolve the issue.
ConsThe one map format is great but sometimes the information being used are not what the Trading Partner wants and need to work with Support/Setup Team to fix the issue. Calling Support sometimes need to wait a while for someone to pick up.
Nancy M.
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
June 5, 2018

“Easy to work with. Both the programs and the people.”

OverallMost of my larger customers use SPS Commerce, so when there are any updates from my customers, the changes are automatic and I don't have to worry about making any changes from here. This is a great help!
ProsWe had been using a company that was very difficult to deal with and get information from when we had questions. SPS Commerce is very good about answering the phones and having someone that can help with all of our questions. The software is very logical and easy to work with.
ConsI wish only the fields that the customer requires, would show during input. Or the actual needed items would be marked appropriately. This is done somewhat, but not correctly all the time.
June 5, 2018
Matthias H.
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

“Software does its job.”

OverallAble to do business with major retailers, without worrying about software and technical expertise. We are able to approach retailers and tell them we are EDI compliant, knowing that we will be able to setup without problems.
ProsReliable, virtually no problems regarding chargebacks. I also like the UPS integration a lot. It simplifies shipping and shipping time. Highly customizable to fit users's needs, bulk edits, and bulk submission of up to 100 invoices.
ConsIt often logs-out user, and sometimes works really slow. It doesn't warn you if a transaction did not get acknowledged by partner after say 24 hours. We manually have to check every transaction once a day to make sure it got received by partner.
Jeffrey S.
Systems Director
April 17, 2018

“Been using multiple SPS products for our EDI Connections ”

OverallValidity checking and SPS worrying about all the configuration changes NOT me. Web based EDI for simple / one time customers.
ProsThe number one thing is the editing the documents for validity. This has prevented many a charge-back from occurring. We also use the Webforms for customers that do not justify a complete EDI connection or one time customers. Seconal or single buy customers a perfect for this. The adhoc reporting makes it easy to find out whats happening with documents.
ConsSet up can be tough at times and rather complicated but then EDI seems to be these days. Some more reporting would be nice to have. Error reporting is getting better but could be better explanations.
Douglas H.
Warehousing, 1-10 employees
September 4, 2019

“SPS Commerce”

OverallOverall it is a good platform , but there is room for improvement, to streamline daily use.
ProsNavigating between fields is efficient, auto populating standardized fields is also easy to do. Creating usable ASN's and invoices is made easier using SPS.
ConsI cannot change certain standardized fields allegedly due to the fact that the customer placing the order has our information entered a certain way. Also, if there is only one SKU on an order, one would think that one would not have to select that item each time to enter carton quantity or other details, and yet that is what happens; Staples, and Cleanit Supply come to mind.
September 4, 2019
Doug H.
Logistics and Supply Chain, 1-10 employees
May 29, 2018

“Most of the functionality performs as advertised.”

OverallAble to complete ASN, PO confirmation ,and acknowledgements.
ProsSending ASN's, doing order acknowledgements, and PO confirmations are pretty straightforward. The tech support people are tremendous and very knowledgeable.
ConsPrinting a shipping document like a packing slip is cumbersome as it requires an extra step. You have to fill out an ASN as if you were going to send it, but then save it halfway through, and then select print shipping document. Then you have to go back in, once you have shipped and now have your tracking information, and find the old saved original ASN , and then complete it. Not very fluid.
May 29, 2018
Food Production, 11-50 employees

“SPS Commerce review”

ProsExcellent, Fast & Friendly service!! Easy to use, quick response. Helps to streamline my daily workflow and responsibilities.
ConsHave not yet found anything I don't like.
Erinn W.
Customer Success
May 24, 2019

“A managed EDI platform for scaling and automation ”

ProsSPS Commerce is by far and away the easiest EDI platform to a company looking to scale or simply automate a large chunk of the manual grinding process. The support is great from the beginning, onboarding a new customer/vendor to the maintenance phase.
ConsNot a real con, but the phrase you pay for what you get applies. You can get an EDI platform for less monthly, but you get less monthly. With SPS you get a partner to help with your business needs and the support is expansive and centered on the end-users experience and knowledge levels.
May 24, 2019
Sandy G.
VICE PRESIDENT
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

“SPS COMMERCE”

OverallWE HAVE SEVERAL CUSTOMERS THAT REQUIRE US TO USE SPS AND IT IS MUCH EASIER THAN SENDING AN INVOICE FROM OUR CURRENT OPERATING SYSTEM FOR INVOICING. I ALSO LIKE THAT THE PURCHASE ORDERS AND SHIPPING INFORMATION ARE ALL IN ONE PLACE WHEN YOU NEED TO REVIEW.
ProsTHE SOFTWARE IS SO EASY TO USE IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN AROUND SITES LIKE THIS BEFORE IT WILL MORE OR LESS WALK YOU THROUGH EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW OR DO. WHEN YOU ARE DONE YOU CHECK FOR ERRORS AND THE SOFTWARE LETS YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIX THE PROBLEMS.
ConsIF YOU HAVE MADE A MISTAKE AND NEED TO GO BACK AFTER YOU HAVE SUBMITTED THE FORM IT IS A HEADACHE TO FIX IT.
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
April 5, 2019

“At the time, really didn't meet our needs ”

ProsI knew that the rep working with us genuinely wanted to help and did what he could, but it was out of his hands.
ConsWhen we started using SPS Commerce, we'd just closed a major deal with Bed Bath and Beyond, and needed their technology in order to meet BBB's shipping requirements. However, the service didn't offer the ability to create dual labels (FedEx and EDI info), so having to put double labels on thousands of cartons cost us a ton in terms of time, and incorrectly labeled packages. We wound up having to switch to another provider who had the capabilities we needed.

By SPS Commerce on April 10, 2019
Thank you for your review. We wanted to let you know that the SPS Commerce Carrier Service (https://www.spscommerce.com/products/fulfillment/webforms-edi/carrier-link/) would address the issues you were experiencing. It may not have been available at the time, so we would encourage you to review its capabilities and contact us if you'd like to learn more.
April 5, 2019
Jennifer C.
Lead Account Associate
May 28, 2019

“Time saver!”

ProsThe thing that I like the most is the ability to have certain fields have preset information so you do not have to complete for each form. This saves us a lot of time when processing invoices and asn's.
ConsCustomer Support function. I like that you can do a live chat however, I do not like that it can take sometimes 20 min - 2 hours before receiving a response. If you have to navigate away from the page in SPS you will love the chat until your return and click on the chat bubble.
May 28, 2019
Dave H.
Sales and System Support
Computer Networking, 11-50 employees
February 22, 2019

“Need the option to update all items for acknowledgement”

OverallIt helps to streamline the po/order process.
ProsIt is intuitive and helps us to refer to other PO's that have not been processed or if we have questions on a PO.
ConsNeed to allow for you to update the "Item Accepted", ship date, and acknowledgment of all line items (not available with ADI acknowledgements), at one time. PO's with multiple line items becomes time consuming and not able to acknowledge all at once (i.e WESCO acknowledgements). Also need another field in the acknowledgement to add notes.
February 22, 2019
CHASTITY M.
Administrative Assistant
Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees
May 21, 2019

“Superior Customer Service ”

OverallSince using SPS Commerce Fulfillment the way that our company receives and sends orders has been simplified and it allows multiple employees to access information simultaneously.
ProsI like that the way SPS Commerce Fulfillment has a check system prior to sending a partner information. It allows for corrections that cannot be made once information has been sent to a partner.
ConsI believe that the software would benefit allowing partners to be aware that different partners have different requirements for information to be input into the system. It would be beneficial if the invoice batches had dollar amount totals per group similar to the count of total invoices sent.
Paul S.
IT
Plastics, 51-200 employees
June 28, 2018

“We've been with SPS since we started dealing EDI, would recommend to others”

OverallSPS manages all the nitty gritty details involved with EDI so we don't have to. Additionally we feel secure knowing that SPS support will be there to get us out of a jam.
ProsConsistent uptime Customer/technical support Flexible enough for our use The web adapter makes keeping up with POs a breeze
ConsWe have had some issues in the recent past where POs were not being delivered on time. We were able to resolve this after calling in to support but it would be good to get some sort of alert when there is an issue.
Sonya K.
Shipping Coordinator
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees
May 9, 2018

“SPS Commerce is very easy to use. It's also easy to get in contact with support members if needed. ”

OverallI can quickly and easily print and submit required shipping documents such as packing lists and ASNs. Doing so allows our company to continually support our customers' growing needs.
ProsI appreciate the ease of access and quality of service. It is easy to use, and also easy to get in touch with support members when needed.
ConsNot recently, but in the past, there were issues with Java updates and being able to access certain forms. That would be my only complaint, but even this has not been relevant recently.
May 9, 2018
Elsha D.
Account Manager
Cosmetics, 1-10 employees
August 9, 2019

“User Friendly EDI Platform”

ProsSPS is incredibly user-friendly and the interface is aesthetically pleasing. The advanced search function and the ability to add rules is very helpful. My most favorite part of working with SPS is the customer service team; they are always incredibly helpful and I never have to wait more than a few minutes to get someone on the line.
ConsThe way the site loads is not always intuitive. For example, when I select quick-entry for an invoice and enter in the areas and hit save, it stays on the same page rather than taking you to the invoice. So then I have to click source document and click the invoice or go find it in the transaction tab. This is only a few extra clicks but it seems silly it wouldn't save and take you directly to the invoice to either further edit or submit.
August 9, 2019
Ann W.
Administrator
May 3, 2018

“Too many screen forms to go through just to invoice”

Prosease of completing invoices once i get to the correct form. Also like that the invoices are easily accessible should i need to refer to one. Also like the drop down menus.
Consthat i must go through 5 screens just to get to invoicing. Do not like that I can not generate an invoice unless it is against a specific shipment. There have been times when I deduction needed to be made due to an error and there is not way to invoice for that
Wholesale, Unspecified
April 17, 2018

“Slow response time on follow up.”

ProsWorks with our software and works for multiple vendors. The new fulfillment clearly shows you when the report was successfully sent, not more running reports!
ConsTroubleshooting is difficult because it seems like not too many representatives at SPS are familiar with our particular inventory system. Response time and follow up is slow. This is problematic during document failure due to the chargebacks that can be assessed from vendors.
Jason S.
Manager/owner
May 15, 2018

“SPS is basically easy to use, however when I do have a question it seems to take too long for answer”

ProsI like that it will check for errors and catch missed fields that need filled in. I also like the fact that it usually catch errors in calculating case numbers.
ConsIt has repetitious fields that should only have to be filled out once. Sometimes the dropdown menus get confusing as to discounts. I don't like the fact that it only recognizes all caps. The costs to use the product cuts deeply into profits, especially on small orders.
May 15, 2018
JOEL W.
VP-Marketing
April 23, 2018

“As a manufacturer and wholesaler, we have been using Web Forms SPS Commerce for close to 10 years. ”

OverallIt saves a ton of time and money over manual entry as well as meets the requirements for our largest customers.
Pros It is easy/intuitive, reliable and economical compared to regular EDI. The software is flexible in that a lot of our customers use it already as well as what it can interface directly with.
ConsDon't really have any issues with the software. The software has proven to be really stable for us even when upgrades are done.
Rebecca B.
VP Sales & Marketing
April 20, 2018

“Have gotten answers when called”

ProsWe have enjoyed our years with you! The majority of accounts we work with have been able to be handled through your EDI system which helps keeping it to one company. Plus we appreciate the ease to using your system
ConsLast install took longer and our customer was amazed how long it was taking as normally you have had smooth set-ups for us. After several attempts and days we finally got the resolve though.
NICK P.
Order Entry Clerk
Sporting Goods, 51-200 employees
April 18, 2018

“I have been using SPS Commerce WebForms product every day for over 9 years as a bicycle distributor.”

OverallAllows me to process hundreds of orders quickly.
ProsBeing able to see lots of documents at one time is probably the greatest advantage especially in my business where we historically have received 100-1500 orders per day. WebForms allows rapid processing of up to one hundred documents at a time.
ConsSometimes the interface isn't the most intuitive and the response time can be a little slow but no serious complaints.
April 18, 2018
Jim V.
Shipping Manager
Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

“Honest review”

ProsDo not need a degree to understand it can search with an order number layout of screens allows to move between tabs very easily
ConsNot being able to search for an order from every screen, the search field is not available everywhere.

By SPS Commerce on February 21, 2019
Jim - Thank you for your review. I've passed along your remarks about the search capability to our product team for consideration. We appreciate your time to provide us with actionable feedback.
CHRISTINE H.
EDI Manager
January 28, 2019

“Quick and easy to use”

OverallWe do a large volume with web forms fullfillment with 4 vendors. If you are unable to integrate your own EDI system this works very well.
ProsEasy to use, it's quick. I like the abilty to use templates.
Conslimited search options, can't search within po's or by ship to. If you need to print alot (100+) documents, it's pretty slow - sometimes errors out. You cna only print 100 documents at a time.
January 28, 2019
margaret r.
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees
June 28, 2018

“user friendly system but could improve on customer support”

OverallUsing SPS allowed us to trade with all of our retailers, including those who are new to EDI. Familiarity is important to avoid mistakes.
ProsWe like the standard format of sending and receiving documents, regardless of who the retailer is. All the info is mapped to familiar templates.
Conswhenever there is a glitch, reaching customer support is difficult or need to ask for upper management to get quicker results.
Steven L.
General Manager
May 31, 2018

“They are constantly improving it making it even easier to use.”

OverallIt saves us the expense of purchasing EDI software for the few customers that require us to us it.
ProsAll tasks for one PO are on the same page. They have improved the speed of the program. They have made creating consolidated ASNs easier.
ConsWhen it times out from lack of use it gives you an error message instead of just logging you out. Due dates should automatically fill in when ship date and terms are known.
Donna D.
Mgr Quality Customer Care
Automotive, 11-50 employees
May 7, 2018

“Overall our experience has been good. Very easy to understand and to use.”

OverallIt allows us to process orders and invoices in a more efficient and effective manner.
ProsEase of use and the fact that we have multiple partners that all use the same platform. Finding the right order with multiple partners can be tough but your system makes it very easy.
ConsHonestly, there is nothing we do not like. We use multiple platforms and yours is by far the easiest and the simplest to use.
Danielle B.
Shipping Manager

“Love SPS Fulfillment!”

ProsI love how user friendly the software is! It was a seamless transition with lots of resources and tools. Customer service is ALWAYS super friendly AND helpful, which is hard to come by these days!
ConsWhen I click on a new PO I'd like to be able to toggle from tab to tab however the page changes entirely so sometimes I have to go back and forth too much.. Other than that I love it!
Juan A.
AR Manager
April 17, 2018

“Easy and Fast, Extremely Convenient”

Overallrapid search for POD's SO actual POS and remittances specially for huge customers. It si super convenient to use and user friendly!
ProsUser Friendly, any person with common sense and trained in office environment can use this application.
ConsCannot store over 24+ months more of data, it would be better it it can handle and retrieve archives without paying the fees when you are trying to pull something over 2 years old.
Sports, 11-50 employees

“SPS Review”

ProsThe ease of having everything in one place for accepting orders and invoicing is nice. It is time saving and convenient.
ConsThe pricing "per document" is a little ridiculous if I'm being honest. On top of what you already pay monthly seems like overkill. A one price per month would be easier in my opinion and more cost effective for our company.
Robert G.
Director of Supply Chain
Consumer Electronics, 51-200 employees
March 22, 2019

“Great value and service”

OverallSPS has been great by allowing integration for invoicing to our customers which frees up time and makes accounting of invoices easy.
ProsEasy to use and never any downtime. Customer service is great when needed and quick to respond
ConsWhen down several levels deep in options to go back up 1 or 2 levels cant use back button have to go back to beginning and drive back down.
March 22, 2019
Lori B.
Admin
Import and Export, 1-10 employees
September 21, 2018

“One of the better options”

OverallGenerally, a good system. Working with a few different versions of fulfillment websites - this is definitely a better, user-friendly one.
ProsSPS offers great customer support and ease of use. Most definitely one of the better options out there.
ConsThere are not too many things I don't like about the interface - sometimes just hiccups and kicks me out - but that's a norm.
September 21, 2018
Amber B.
office manager
Cosmetics, 11-50 employees
August 24, 2018

“Great Support ”

OverallWould like to be able to take off and alert the vendors right away when we are out out products and be able to take that off and show that right away before sending them the final ack.
ProsIts is easy to use. Like that some vendors are more easy than others.
ConsHonestly dislike the updates and also dislike the time lag from when the orders come in and I receive them in my email alert there is a def time lag.
August 24, 2018
Furniture, 51-200 employees
August 6, 2018

“SPS Commerce ”

OverallWe use SPS commerce to receive information via EDI and transfer that data into our systems we use. We also transfer data back to our vendors using SPS.
ProsIt is very east to use and search for items sent over EDI. With SPS I am able to find items from this morning or 6 months go. It makes researching old items in my system easy.
ConsTheir is much that I don't like about this software.
August 6, 2018
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees
May 31, 2018

“SPS commerce is always so quick and helpful with assisting with an issue. ”

OverallInformation is sent directly to the customer without manual data entry.
ProsI love that you can use this third party application to ship to customers that are EDI complaint to send ASN and invoices for ease of pay and process turning time.
ConsLearning the system can be confusing and it's not always easy to figure out what IT is refferring to if you are not use to EDI.
Marilyn C.
Operations
April 24, 2018

“Great support”

OverallIt allows the company to be more efficient on the Purchase Order processing. This allows for better accuracy.
ProsThe efficiency to submit documents, how easy it is to create invoices and advance ship notices. Save a lot of manual entry.
ConsIn reviewing the cost I realized that SPS Commerce is very high in price. If as a company you have high volume sales then it is worth the cost.
April 24, 2018