ShipStation Ratings

Overall

About ShipStation

Import, manage & ship your orders with ShipStation, the #1 choice of online sellers. We integrate with over 150 of the most popular marketplaces, shopping carts, & carriers plus, you can have as many selling channels & carriers as you need. With ShipStation you get: up to 40% off USPS rates & 29% off FedEx rates; the Branded Tracking Page & Returns Portal; customizable automation rules to prevent errors & cut your shipping time in half; an easy-to-use interface; a totally free 30 day trial! Learn more about ShipStation

Brett C.
Tobacco, 1-10 employees
June 27, 2019

“Shipping software that speeds things up”

OverallShipStation has been crucial to our workflow and we'd have wasted hours a week if we were still having to manually enter data. The staff at ShipStation is helpful when you need them but they COULD do a better job implementing features that customers request.
ProsWe like that you can use ShipStation to import and update orders on your shopping cart software with very little effort.
ConsThe cost may be prohibitive for users only using minimal feature set, but still a good value compared to manually hand-jamming data.
June 27, 2019
David K A.
Founder & Partner
11-50 employees
March 15, 2018

“Test your shipping software - they're not all made the same”

OverallI moved from Stamps.com and cut my shipping and customer service time by 80%. I adopted this software at ~15 packages per day because it was more expensive than Stamps.com. Bad move!!! Pay extra for ShipStation from the start.
ProsI've used ShipStation, ShippingEasy, ShipWorks, Stamps.com, Ordoro, and SolidCommerce with a few clients. My two favorite are ShipStation and ShippingEasy. They both have different strengths - sweat the small stuff because it really makes a difference if you're shipping 200+ packages a day. It's worth using two or more systems and then picking the best. The time spent is worth the effort. I use ShipStation for managing the shipping and customer service from my website, Amazon, Walmart, Jet, Ebay, and Etsy. The application is rock solid. Creating manual orders is simple, as is importing orders and combining shipments. I like that I can place orders on hold and setup future shipments. Other vendors like ShippingEasy cannot do this (yet). We get a fair number or orders that have a bad address and we're able to put orders on hold until we hear back from the customer. This shipping rules and kitting options are fairly robust. It is easy to identify return customers (this is something not done well by other platforms). The UI is very buttoned-up. ShipStation also has a superior "Search Customers" function that will search on 3 and 4 part names, city, state... Some of the other vendors fail here. Having good search reduces customer service time.
ConsThere are some things that ShippingEasy does better - e.g. they're a single page application and that means that the interface is super fast. ShipStation is slower as you mover around in the interface. I wish that ShipStation could manage my inventory across marketplaces and I'm in love with how some of the other vendors solicit reviews using marketing/email automation. I hope someday that vendors like ShipStation will also connect to Auth.net or Stripe.com so that we can Auth and Settle New Manual Orders. It takes a bit longer to learn ShipStation but if you're running a larger/complicated business you'll come to appreciate the power that comes with the complexity.
March 15, 2018
Matthew J.
February 12, 2018

“With ShipStation, I know there is someone on the other end that cares about my experience”

Pros I was assigned a specific person as my customer service representative, and when I called with an issue, one of the customer rep picked up the phone and answered my question on the spot; meaning, I didn't have to dial a ton of menu options or wait on hold at all to speak with a person. She is also very responsive to emails. We tend to look at websites and applications as faceless businesses, but with ShipStation I know there is someone on the other end that cares about my experience. Integrates seamlessly with Squarespace Commerce account Automatically marks order fulfilled when a shipping label is printed Connects to printer easier than Stamps.com
Cons Have to load balances instead of paying for what you use as you go. I encountered this with Stamps.com as well, but it is annoying because I have to make cash flow considerations when all I need is a few extra dollars to print a label. Cannot edit manual orders, need to delete and re-create an order if changing quantity or amount of a product. I "chose" ShipStation because it was the only shipping option that would integrate with Squarespace. Most of my issues were encountered while trying to transition from Stamps.com to become familiar with the new platform. Though very similar, ShipStation INITIALLY felt like a clunkier, gaudier version of the same thing. Thankfully, they've recently made some positive design changes. However, there are still some quirky user interface aspects, including: - animated "help/info" bubbles (which I just figured out how to hide). - In Stamps.com, I was able to see if my thermal printer was connected (or visible to the website) before clicking "print" - which, when I click, charges the postage to my account regardless if the label actually printed. In ShipStation, I have to click "print" without knowing if the website is able to send the job to the printer. This has resulted in additional postage billed to my account because I clicked "print." I then have to wait for that amount to be refunded in my account. Though I should add, I rarely have printer connection issues with ShipStation, whereas it used to be the bane of my Stamps.com experience. - Stamps.com also made it easy to see all the USPS shipping options and rates at a glance, while viewing an order. In ShipStation, I either have to select a service, then an option from within that service or open up a separate rate calculator. This makes it harder to find the lowest shipping fee/service or fastest method for its value when modifying individual orders.
February 12, 2018
Ryan S.
SEM Onboarding Specialist
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
February 24, 2017

“Amazing Software, Great Support. Would Highly Recommend.”

OverallShipstation tracks packages, manages inventory, labels, and shipping. integrates easily with many different platforms (eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy, ETC.) Ship station can also automate most client communications including eBay feedback, email marketing, messages, and much more. It's like having a custom built CRM that was specifically design for ecommerce / marketplace sellers. It's not something you HAVE to have; almost everything it does can be done manually. Trust me when I say that once you do use it,- you will wonder how you ever lived without it.
Pros- Customer service is awesome (live chat, phone, email, etc) You're also assigned your own dedicated representative that learns your business model & account. Helpful since they will learn your account over time with you. - It's inexpensive compared to similar software. - This a pro AND a con (see below) but you also get a free stamps.com account with Shipstation. In reality its stamps.com that handles your USPS labels (that includes billing for shipping). - The software just works. It does it's job and it does it extremely well.
Cons- Don't get why PayPal isn't offered as payment source to ship labels / pay monthly fees. (I ended up just getting paypal business debit card) - Wish they revamped the pricing structure. If your selling 500-600 avg. each month. Your being charged the same each month for someone that sells 1400-1500 products. Seems to me a pricing structure: 100 / 250 / 500 / 1000 / 2000 / 5000 would make more sense and entice more lower volume sellers to use it. - SS & stamps.com - The only problems I have had were due to stamps.com and not Ship station. When this happens, you have to reach out to stamps.com for support which can be like pulling teeth. This means your sometimes having to call/email 2 different companies if your having problems with something. - No offline/desktop version of the software.
Recommendations to other buyersSpend some time setting up your preset templates and getting used to printing batch shipments. Also, Shipstation Connect is their offline software that can weigh your print your labels and weight your packages for you (with USB scale). Amazing how much time this saves you for each package.
February 24, 2017
Krzysztof H.
Machinery, 1-10 employees
January 29, 2017

“Not perfect but very good”

OverallI was impressed with options you have in this software to speed up shipping proces. I sell in multiple platforms ( eBay, amazon, and my own ecommerce store) and ship station import all orders into one place. No more login into each of them and ship from there I also ship with multiple carriers ( USPS and FedEx) and there is where ship station is handy I am using stamps.com for 5+ years and I ma very happy with it but stamps will not work with FedEx so I had to sort out orders by shipping method and ship USPS packages using stamps.com and than log into FedEx to ship remaining orders from there. FedEx software it terrible ( on line fedex.com and their shop software ) that it actually increase my shipping time that I was considering to drop FedEx shipping method from all stores. Ship Station make shipping much easier if you use multiple carriers and this is why I use it
Pros1) Import orders from multiple ecommerce platform 2) One software for multiple shipping carriers and method 3) Great email notification for clients, multiple options of emails and multiple templets 4)inventory tracking many other good futures
Cons1) Depend on package you have with ship station support can take long time to answer your question. No phone support for any users and only email support for lowest package. This is not acceptable. When I need to ship and I have issue I need to call somebody and fix problem ASAP. If you send email you can wait who know how long to resolve issue. Live chat is available only for selected ship station clients ( base on how much you are paying = selected package of ship station) and it may take very long time to actually chat with somebody ( we are talking hours in some cases before you are at top of chat queue ) 2) you have to press button to read package weight if you have scale attached. This is very annoying if you ever used software with automatic scale. You place package on scale and software already know what you shipping. ( or alarm you when scale is 0 = nothing on scale ). I had packages returned because I did not press "read" scale button and package was over weight compared to postage purchased. Same goes the other way. You pay more for postage if your package is less than what you estimate in your ecommerce platform. 3) FedEx international shipping has big problem. Ship station does not print commercial invoice for international packages. You technically can print label but than you have to go to FedEx and fill out commercial invoice form. I do not understand why it can not be printed at the same time with label. All info is already available ( item, price etc) on ship station after importing order. Ship Station print all required paper work for USPS international packages 4) address verification is not strong future on a software . I am comparing it to a stamps.com again. If client place wrong address on a form ship station will tell you that address is not valid but will not tell you what is wrong and will not suggest correction. Stamps.com will suggest correct zip code , street name , apartment number if it is missing etc. Ship station will only tell you " invalid apartment number" or "apartment not found" 5) international imported addresses create issue sometimes if client used other than English address form. German , Japanese, Spanish language use soft punctuations and different letters like ~ or ó and many similar. Ship station when import such address create strange characters replacing original with something like @##@$%% and if you print it I can guaranty package will not be delivered to a clients since local post office will not recognize street name or town. 6) some countries are not recognized by ship station as international address. Republic of Ireland is not recognized. If client place that name on order form Ship station assign USA address to it. Since this is official name if country my client always put it than way and not Ireland in Country section. They would have to put Ireland instead ( Ireland in country field create correct international destination) Same goes to United Kingdom but England will be correct ( it may be few others - just do not remember )
Recommendations to other buyersIf you have multipole stores and you are using multiple carriers for your shipping you will love it Just be sure you resolve any issues and questions you may have in first 30 days when you have free account. It will let you chat with support. If you ship under 50 packages per week and you decide on lowest available package of ship station you will not have chat support. I only use FedEx and USPS for shipping so be sure you check out other carriers if you use them
January 29, 2017
Mike M.
HR Manager
Publishing, 11-50 employees
March 9, 2018

“Expansive Shipment Management”

OverallThere's no doubt that ShipStation is built well and has the necessary features to please companies of all sizes. We've found very few problems in our 2-3 years of utilizing the platform and it's the best solution we've found to this point. We would recommend the system to any company looking to expertly manage its shipping operations.
ProsOur publishing company utilizes ShipStation to handle inventory and shipping management. The system is extremely comprehensive, offering a robust feature set covering orders, shipments, products, customers, and reports. It's easy to set up multiple stores for different aspects of the business in order to keep the silos separate, and alerts draw your eye to the areas that need attention. ShipStation can also be seamlessly integrated with various e-commerce platforms so that orders are ported directly over and into the shipment queue. Once shipped, we enjoy the tracking features that allow our team to check shipment status whenever customers have inquiries. Additionally, there's an insight section that shows how many customers interacted with a their personal tracking pages, how many shipment notifications have gone out in a given time period, and general sales trends.
ConsThe interface isn't the prettiest, but it gets the job done and doesn't suffer from glitches. Occasionally, we have a little bit of trouble locating a specific option because the system has so many features. Perhaps the organization or visibility of some areas could be improved.
March 9, 2018
Michael C.
eCommerce Manager
Automotive, 1-10 employees
November 26, 2018

“V2 Is A Near-Perfect SaaS. V3 Is Half-Baked”

OverallAs I already mentioned, I love ShipStation. It's really one of my favorite pieces of SaaS. Their customer support is also great. They answer their live chats and emails quickly and always have a solution. Rare, especially for the price of admission.
ProsThe interface in ShipStation V2 is fantastic. As the department manager, I can easily assign orders to my CSR's and use tags to designate anything I want. We use different tags/colors for suppliers, whether we are shipping ourselves or dropshipping, or marking things as HOT! Using the tags to filter, makes it easy to find and sort orders and see what needs to be worked on. We also use the custom fields for notating PO #'s, which supplier we dropshipped from, and sometimes other important notes. The interface is so easy on the eyes and the filtering are so good that we use ShipStation instead of ChannelAdvisor to handle our orders. Another great feature is ShipStation Connect, which allows us to print to anyone's printer, even if they are not on the same network. Fantastic feature, especially, if not everyone has a Zebra printer at their station.
ConsI wish we could interface with our website. Right now, we're using it with the marketplaces, but our website is on its own, which is unfortunate, because we lose all of that monitoring functionality. The other con is V3. We tried it. It's very much not ready for prime time. It was buggy. The interface was not as good and the user experience was lacking. What we could do in V2 with a few keystrokes and the Tab key, took several more clicks. We're hoping they fix that up, before forcing the "upgrade."
November 26, 2018
Jon P.
Systems Engineer
Automotive, 11-50 employees
August 30, 2018

“Shipstation makes shipping from different channels with different methods easy”

OverallI've had a great experience with ShipStation. It was easy to connect our stores and other channels and setup our rules. It was also straightforward to train our employees on it. ShipStation has saved us many headaches and a lot of time. We no longer have to ship orders from each channel individually and ship everything from one ShipStation console. We were also able to reduce the number of thermal printers we were using from three down to one. ShipStation is well worth the cost if you are currently shipping from more than one channel or need to setup rules for shipments to follow.
ProsThe best feature of ShipStation is how well it can handle orders from multiple channels (eBay, amazon, website) and ship them without the hassle of going to each channel. It flawlessly imports the orders, creates shipments, verifies addresses, and ships with the preferred method. It also allows you to easily set up rules so you can easily specify how each channel, product, or other various filter is shipped.
ConsThe main feature that I wish this product had is the ability to scan SKU/product ID verification to confirm shipment before shipping. ShipStation does have scan to ship available, where you scan the barcode on the packing slip to bring up the shipment and then ship the item. This is a nice feature, but I would like to to go once step further where you scan the barcode on the packing slip, then you scan the barcode of the SKU/product ID to make sure it was picked properly, then you print the shipping label.
August 30, 2018
Peter R.
Marketing Director
Sporting Goods, 51-200 employees
September 11, 2019

“Functional, reliable, affordable”

OverallShipStation provides an incredibly affordable and reliable shipping software platform with nice options for customizing user view, email templates, and reports. Setup is very quick and customer support via chat has been very responsive in my experience. The only drawback in my experience has been the inability to automatically rate shop different carriers on an order by order basis.
ProsThe user interface is great providing the info that the user required where it is needed while avoiding clutter. Additionall,y the setting and administration functions are streamlined and functional.
ConsRate shopping among different shipping carriers is cumbersome and not able to be automated in the system. If you primarily ship with a single provider, it is not much of an issue but if you like to shop for rates from different providers on an order-by-order basis, you will find this software slows you down because you must manually select each shipping method and compare rates manually rather than being able to select automatically based on business rules or logic around cost, delivery time, etc.
September 11, 2019
October 31, 2017

“We've tried them all, and are sticking with Shipstation”

ProsWe've been involved in ecommerce for 20 years, and have tried *all* the ship programs. Shipstation is program we recommend to most people, and the one we've been using for the past 4+ years. The entry level subscription quickly pays for itself with their access to discounted USPS rates, free tracking on many shipments, and easy side-by-side rate comparisons. And if you're an eBay or Amazon seller, this is the best and easiest.
ConsNo program is a perfect fit for everyone. The mobile app is rubbish on Android, can't create batches, can't print, can't email a PDF. So basically you can confirm orders one at a time and just leave them there until you can log in with a PC. But they have a dedicated development team, I suspect it will improve over time. Also, creating manual orders is straightforward, but a bit cumbersome. They do a great job integrating with eBay, Amazon, Woo Commerce ... but not things like Wix and Shopify (unless you have the Plus account). Again, their team is pretty responsive, so I wouldn't be surprised to see integration of these (and more) in the near future. And a few little bugs on the site (the site freezes frequently on us, we have to log out and log back in). But we don't hesitate giving Shipstation a solid thumbs up.
October 31, 2017
Samantha P.
June 6, 2016

“Great Solution for a Growing Business”

OverallA year ago my partner and I started our ecommerce business, and a couple months ago we decided it was time to invest a system to help us automate shipping. ShipStation came recommended from another business we knew, so we used the one-month free trial to give it a try. Within a week or so of getting familiar with the interface, we knew ShipStation was a great fit for us. We were especially happy to see the entry-level tier option of $9/month, which was by far the best value we found among comparable platforms. We also love the inventory management aspect of ShipStation, which we didn't even realize was included at first! The amount of time and energy saved daily by not having to hand write labels, stop at the post office, and manually update inventory is fantastic, especially as those precious hours can be much better spent elsewhere.
Pros-- Once you've overcome the slight learning curve (stated as a con below), the layout feels very natural and easy to navigate. Hovering beacons help provide tips throughout each screen. -- Functionality. ShipStation is an incredibly robust platform with tons of aspects to it: multiple sales channels, customization, inventory management, shipping and tracking, customer logs, reporting, the features go on and on. -- Love the handy calculator tool right on the main screen, which allows you to quickly calculate postage for any type of shipment. -- Many tools to automate functions and make your work quicker and easier (e.g., setting up filters, rules, and batch actions). -- Integrates with many, many, many other apps and tools. -- Save money by using the discounted pricing you receive on postage through ShipStation. -- Very thorough helpful articles in the Support Center. They also have a forum where you can submit suggestions and feature requests.
Cons-- Interface is overwhelming at first. Would have loved to receive a short and sweet video introducing me to the main features and organization. The video I did receive upon signing up for the free trial was more of a marketing-focused pitch video, which served no purpose as I was already invested and ready to explore ShipStation. -- The $9/month tier exists, but not readily available as an option when you're ready to upgrade from your free trial. I had to submit a request via Live Chat to have this option provided. The lack of transparency was a bit disappointing after everything else felt so customer-oriented.
Apparel & Fashion, Unspecified
June 5, 2018

“The best label mailing solution for a multi-channel ecommerce business”

OverallA simple and affordable way to buy postage and print labels for ecommerce businesses.
ProsShipstation is a fantastic shipping suite for our business. We use the integrations for Shopify, eBay, and Amazon. Orders are automatically imported and we are able to simple and efficiently manage shipments for UPS and USPS. Rates are automatically displayed, invalid address warning shown, and everything can be managed from a web-based UI with remotely connected printers using Shipstation Connect. We are able to use our UPS business account with the UPS integration for our set rates. Labels and Pack Slip templates are customizable and simple to set up. Our 4x6 Brother QL1000 continuous label printer works perfectly with Shipstation and Shipstation Connect, and we use standard letter paper for pack slips.
ConsThe Shipstation android app does not work with Shipstation Connect very well in terms of printers, and there are UI issues with it. On top of that, the Shipstation web-based application does not work well on small browser screens, so it is currently almost impossible and very painstaking to print labels from a phone.
June 5, 2018
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
December 12, 2018

“ShipStation”

OverallOverall, I have found ShipStation extremely helpful for the kind of work I do. Especially for a smaller business. We ship out about 100-200 packages a week, and ShipStation is the perfect software to manage that.
ProsShipStation is very useful for small companies. I work for a small online boutique, and use ShipStation to package/ship items all over the United States, Canada, and Australia. ShipStation is user friendly and very useful for large order quantities. I find there are many useful options when shipping. For instance, it allows ability to combine orders, hold orders until a selected date, sort orders by name, date, size, etc. It is an extremely helpful software.
ConsI have not found many flaws in this software. The only issue I have encountered with ShipStation is its inability to function well with other pages open. For instance, when I am shipping, I often have other windows/internet tabs open. ShipStation slows down substantially when I have these other windows open.
December 12, 2018
Peter D.
Senior Marketing Technology Manager
Chemicals, 1001-5000 employees
October 9, 2019

“Shipstation brings all your shipping needs to one platform”

OverallShipstation allowed us to use one account and centralize the online order fulfillment process with one platform, to easily manage package shipments from multiple order systems and using multiple shipping accounts (USPS, FedEx, etc.).
ProsI absoutely love using shipstation to manage multiple ecommerce platforms with the ability to fulfill orders, print labels and organize all within one platform.
ConsAs shopify has expanded, it was tough at times to manage fulfillment from multiple locations within shipstation. over time we were able to figure it out but it took some time.
October 9, 2019
Marcus d.
Automotive, 1-10 employees
October 12, 2017

“Changed the way we handle shipping and returns almost immediately”

ProsShipstation, above all, is very easy to use. The features list is really comprehensive and it works extremely well as an integral part of your online shipping program. Our needs were for a non-standard integration but their support team and API made it very easy for us to get up and running. Plus, with a 3rd party app, we seamlessly use Shipstation as an order pass-through to get orders into Quickbooks online. It's given us an ability to grow without increasing staff for mundane work!
ConsWe wish that an order wasn't tied directly to a singluar shipment. Our orders contain various products from various vendors and we'd prefer to keep a single order together and post multiple shipments to it, as opposed to needing to split and duplicate orders to ship multiple items for one reference. This and other annoyances are the most we could say negatively about Shipstation, but are not representative of a need to change in any way.
October 12, 2017
February 16, 2019

“Great shipping software that could use some minor tweaks”

OverallGreat value for what it costs. Allows us to bring all order shipment tracking together to improve customer experience. Email notifications and returns page are a nice plus for the customer experience.
ProsIt has a very wide partner ecosystem and allows us to bring our orders all together into one system to check shipment tracking. The UI is clean and modern. The addition of an iOS app is a big plus and lets us fulfill orders on the go.
ConsThe ability to auto-correct addresses is great, but ShipStation should highlight these orders so that I can review what was corrected to determine if the change was good. Not all auto-corrects are...correct but overall it catches more of my mistakes then if there was no auto-correct. Support could use some improvement as some issues have required multiple attempts with different agents but generally I do get my issue reolved.
February 16, 2019
Terry J.
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
June 22, 2018

“An absolute staple for any e-commerce business.”

OverallAfter trying just about everything else out there, Shipstation is as close to a perfect solution as you'll find. It helped me save over an hour each day, time that I was then able to spend on actually growing my business. It was a stretch to think of anything I didn't like - which speaks volumes about the software.
ProsIntegration with most major platforms and channels - it communicates back and forth between your Shopify, Amazon, eBay, etc. accounts to mark orders shipped and email the customer. Discounted shipping labels - The subscription pays for itself with how inexpensive the labels are. Automated tracking emails - create your own template and look the part of other major e-commerce stores.
ConsCan get a little confusing when dealing with international shipments but their support team is definitely top notch and can help you sort out the issues quickly.
June 22, 2018
jennifer k.
February 23, 2018

“EXTREMELY EASY TO USE! and much more!”

ProsShipstation is extremely easy to use. It also has better pricing for postage than USPS itself! It even has more applications than I ever dreamed of! You can have your brand name on your postage (or anything you'd like), it also allows you to: send your customers an email -AND- choose WHEN to have it sent; like so, I learned you can have shipping tracking/delivery confirmation sent to your customer; when it is mailed (scanned at post office - and on it's way), or even sent at the moment you print it out! You can add other venue's that you sell from, integrate the sales from them & print your shipping label right from Shipstation! SO MUCH MORE, that I am still learning I can do! SHIPSTATION IS A WONDERFUL APP IN MORE WAYS THAN I CAN COUNT! ... AND IN MORE WAYS I'VE YET TO LEARN! EXCITING -AND- SIMPLY PUT - IT IS SO EASY TO USE! I'll never go back to printing shipping labels from my on-line account with USPS directly, they do NOT have all the capabilities & extra's that shipstation offers! ONLY SHIPSTATION FOR ME!
ConsThe only 'con' for me is because I don't have enough customers to warrant the monthly charge. A smaller fee for people like me (who -in a way- are paying more for postage when you add on the monthly fee with the postage). That would help me, or people like me, who can barely afford even the lowest per month for 50 postages per month because I am only printing up to 10 per entire month. It's great for bigger business' tho!
February 23, 2018
Mike S.
Ecommerce
Retail, 11-50 employees
October 16, 2018

“Why use anything else? ”

OverallAbsolutely amazing. It is so easy to use that I was able to easily integrate it across three warehouses plus our corporate headquarters. I had 20 different ecommerce sites across several platforms including Woocommerce, Magento 1, Shopify, Prestashop, Open Cart, Ebay and Amazon Merchant fulfilled. Setting up rules to automate our business was so simple. I can automatically have orders go to the correct warehouses based on rules by skus. We were easily able to customize marketing material for each store on invoices and shipping labels. Love you shipstation.
ProsBesides everything? The thing I loved the MOST would be how fantastically easily it was to get up and running and integrated with every platform. I looked like a real genius. But it wasn't me, it was the simplicity of the system. Its that easy.
ConsThey had an inventory management portion of the software that I didn't quite understand how to utilize it.
October 16, 2018
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
May 14, 2019

“Shipstation is the only company I'll trust with my shipping needs!”

Pros It is easily integratabtle with programs that I use for selling (big cartel)  Their customer service is always easy to contact, and always incredibly helpful There are a lot of customizable options in the backend that makes shipping things of different weights & sizes incredibly easy. I will never go to the post office again!
ConsLiterally nothing! Everything about ShipStation is great!
May 14, 2019
Viktor G.
Co-founder, VP of Operations
Retail, 11-50 employees
May 15, 2018

“Wonderful platform, though could be improved with many common sense and quality of life improvements”

OverallDaily shipping - absolutely, absolutely, crucial to my business
Pros-Amazing bulk processing features -Strong integration with marketplaces, passing along tracking information -Access to great rates if not a volume shipper -Great features for making sense of shipments
Cons-Nonsensical separation of externally-generated shipments and platform-generated shipments. The distinction is important, though no point in limiting reporting functionality for one over the other as there is no fundamental difference -Order-specific activity archive is very short(2 months) - hope to improve this in the future -Many common-sense features need implementation or improvement upon, though support elects to create features based on votes and not to improve quality of life
May 15, 2018
Andrea S.
Inventory Specialist
Automotive, 51-200 employees
November 14, 2017

“We use ShipStation to track all of the orders that happen both on marketplaces and retail shops.”

OverallThe benefits we get from this software are the ability to assign rules to each SKU that help determine where the product will be shipped from and which carrier to use. I also like that we can sync it with Finale to automatically deducted quantity for our warehouse.
ProsI like that we can add rules and functions to certain SKU's to decide were a part will ship from. This helps substantially so that when an order is placed certain rules pop up to show us where we want to ship a product.
ConsI dislike the format the Product Sales report is exported in. I would prefer that there weren't any cells merging or blank rows because that messes me up with I'm trying to filter for certain things. I think it would be better to have the Store category next to the SKU in it's own separate column rather than on 1 row as a header.
November 14, 2017
Scott H.
Owner/Operator
Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees
May 12, 2019

“Shipstation is Easy to Use”

ProsEasy to use. We love how we can see pictures of the item sold inside the customer's order information. Also good that we can change a customer's shipping address if it's incorrect. The sales charts are helpful. It's easy on the eyes. Easy for people who have basic computer skills. Their customer support has always been good. We get on the "chat" thingy and they're very helpful and easy to understand.
ConsHopefully the monthly price will go down some. EBay keeps trying to get us to use their shipping service because it's free, which is very tempting, but eBay's shipping service doesn't have some of the features that Shipstation has yet, so we're sticking with Shipstation.
May 12, 2019
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees
March 21, 2019

“Made My Order Fulfillment Team More Efficient”

OverallOur warehouse was 100% manual and we were shipping nearly 3000 packages a month. And with Black Friday/Cyber Monday coming, we were at risk of a huge bottleneck in our process. Shipstation automated some time-consuming processes for our warehouse staff, and made them more productive and actually HAPPIER at work because they were no longer doing the tedious stuff, and could focus more on picking and packing and getting orders out the door. We had an amazing holiday season and I give credit to Shipstation for helping us reach our sales goals.
ProsEasy to learn, we were able to teach our warehouse staff to use it in a day. It made their lives SO much easier. The shipping label auto creation was a gamechanger for us.
ConsDoes not have a barcode scan validator. We needed to make sure that our staff were being alerted when they attempted to pack the wrong product. Shipstation does not have this, so we had to use a separate software for this function.
March 21, 2019
Nichole P.
February 26, 2019

“Perfect all in one ship solution”

ProsWith shipstation you have the ability to print packing slips and shipping labels at the same time. I like that they allow custom branding on emails and all printed items that go with the package. If you use a platform like shopify, they allow you sync orders plus any other sales channels like amazon. There is a small discount on shipping rates from all the main carriers (fedex, Usps, and ups) and the ability to create return labels for the same packages you've shipped. Shipstation has everything you need to streamline the shipping process and is great for small businesses.
ConsI've noticed shipstation creates multiple customer accounts for the same customer if that customer purchased from different sales channels so it's not that intuitive when it comes to customer identification.
February 26, 2019
David H.
March 30, 2018

“Most Efficient Shipping Software we have every used!”

ProsShipstation listens to their users and puts every feature you could ever need in their software. It has the most features, the most integrations and has the fastest workflow. We use it for eBay, Amazon, Reverb, Big Commerce, etc. If we were to change to a different website platform, it would be easy because Shipstation most likely integrates with them too. It also integrates with QuickBooks through a third party app. It works very well and keeps us accurate. The Shipstation Package Insurance works well and we have been paid on time for lost packages.
ConsWe would like to see more competitive pricing for USPS. eBay has far better shipping rates specifically for large packages and International Shipments. We want to ship all shipments through Shipstation.
March 30, 2018
Bryan C.
Operation Coodinater
Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees
March 7, 2018

“Shipstation is great software for the price, but it has its limitations”

OverallShipstation is great, but as you scale out your business you will most likely need to move to a more robust WMS. For many start up companies that do not have a lot of inventory or a high volume of SKU's, Shipstation will provide a powerful tool that can help speed up fulfillment and release many of the frustration of shipping product while not costing you huge amounts of money.
ProsShipstation is great for companies that are looking for a label printing solution for there shopping carts. Shipstation is able to handle high volumes of orders and allows for labels to be pre-printed, which can greatly increase the fulfillment time. There are pretty good filtering options that can lead to more efficiencies when printing that can save time with your fulfillment team. Shipstation integrates with many different platforms fairly seamlessly, which allows for more diversity in the ever growing number of platforms that are out there. They are also constantly adding new platforms that can integrated with. I think the fact that this software is user friendly and efficient in its design makes this software a worthwhile investment for those that need a better shipping solution.
ConsThe issues that we have run into with this software as we have scaled to processing over 3000 shipments a day are too many holes which can cause many opportunities for errors, processing speeds, and lack of flexibility. When you are processing up to 3000 orders a day problems flesh themselves out quickly. One issue that has arisen is the inability to hold people accountable when errors occur. For example, since the labels are pre-printed there is not a simple to way to know who misshiped an order when it is sent incorrectly to a customer. On top of that, since the labels are pre-print there is no way to verify through software on the outbound that a shipment is correct. You have to trust that your team is packing order correctly, which is guaranteed to cause problems regardless. There is also the possibility that labels can be double printed or not printed at all since labels are processed and then a PDF is created to print orders. This has been costly for us an multiple occasions, which is hardly preventable no matter who you have printing. Due to the fact that Shipstation is cloud based this can cause issues with processing speeds. We have seen hang ups (especially on Mondays) that cause the whole team to be slowed down due. The other issue with cloud based system is the lack of flexibility for Shipstation to be customized to how you would like it. If changes are made they have to be made globally, which can take a while or just simply cannot happen altogether.
March 7, 2018
Justin P.
October 2, 2017

“Best application we use by far.”

Pros-Ties in all of our selling channels to one central location for information. -Cloud based with easy to use app, let's us work from anywhere. -Great customer service and support. -Automation options steam lines our workflow and saves us a ton of time.
Cons-I wish there was part based bar code confirmation scanning. -It would also be awesome, if you could tie inventory levels to all of your selling channels so that they would auto update. All that being said, these are just wish list items that can be accomplished with 3rd party integrations, and are not meant to take away from what is truly an amazing application for any business shipping product.
October 2, 2017
Education Management, 201-500 employees
February 21, 2017

“Never thought I could use a paid monthly tool, but ...”

OverallMy website has been online for years and I always printed labels directly using the services included for free like eBay and USPS. I picked up a Dymo 4XL printer on a Black Friday Deal off Amazon and I couldn't use it for USPS directly. So I looked around and I was able to get a two-month trial to ShipStation. Never would I have thought I would be happy to pay a monthly fee for a service. It does so much that I used to do manually like leave eBay reviews after transactions, send out customer emails, and more. Definitely worth the money.
ProsEasy printing of labels, almost automatically. Sends automatic emails to customers upon item shipping and delivery. Automatically leaves feedback on eBay so I don't have to remember to do it. Save on monthly Stamps.com monthly fees. Much much more.
ConsI had to upgrade to a month service because of my monthly shipments, but apparently the emails it sends out is branded by ShipStation. Automatic printing of packing slips and/or shipping labels as the order is received. I would like packing slips so I can look at my orders without having to go to the website all the time. Maybe an extra tier of service. A way to classify a line item is shipping costs. I receive PayPal orders and the line item is seen as a sale item, not shipping.
Recommendations to other buyersUse the free trial of the service. I never thought I would pay for a service especially since I thought I could do it for free. But it has so many valued added services that it definitely makes it worth the money.
February 21, 2017
Jason L.
COO
Publishing, 11-50 employees
September 19, 2016

“All in one shipping solution”

OverallI currently sell online merchandise on multiple marketplaces. Every since we started using Shipstation our shipping procedures have been more efficient, and much easier. This product is constantly being updated, upgraded, and integrated into other software packages. Thank you ShipStation!!
ProsSimple to use, seamless integration, Multiple shipping providers in one location, good color scheme(easy on eyes),
ConsWish that when you go to print a label the system somehow showed you the lowest rate automatically so that you didnt have to go through several different shipping carriers and methods manually. I would like you guys to add an inventory control feature.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you ship more than 25 packages a month, then this product will most likely pay for itself. You receive a free stamps.com account with your subscription, this means you receive anywhere from 10-35% off of certain shipping methods via USPS. You'll get back your money by just printing labels!!!
September 19, 2016
Jaron H.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
January 9, 2019

“Saves a ton of time”

ProsI had an ecommerce website and I connected ShipStation to my shopify website. This made it quite easy because I no longer had to visit my shopify website to fulfill orders. Instead, I could go to ShipStation and refresh my list of orders. From there, I could print labels directly and fulfill my orders. Previously, I used to go to the USPS store and stand in line to pay for an order. Now, I was able to print my labels and just drop them off without the line. Yes, I can also just print labels directly from USPS's website, but then I have to manually enter all the shipping details and contact info. This way made it easier. If it was more expensive, I proably would stick with USPS's label printing site, but at this price it was worth it.
ConsIt take some getting used to... It can be pretty complicated and it has a lot of features. I did have issues with getting my shipstation account to communicate with my Dymo printer. The ShipStation desktop app was pretty finnicky and often had issues. I had to delete and redownload the app a few times during my time using ShipStation.
January 9, 2019
Cody T.
Shipping Manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
September 12, 2018

“Get Ship Done”

OverallOverall it is one of the best decision I made. I would be unable to keep up with order flow without it. I used it every day and it is 10 times better than the program we were using previously (ShipRush)
ProsThis software brings all of our marketplaces together. Magento, Amazon, and we can even import our phone orders via CSV upload. It has everything you could possibly need to compare different shipping services and save money and time.
ConsIf I had to pick something that I liked the least it would be the search functionality. Many times I'll have to do an advanced search to find something that won't pop up but should through the general search.
September 12, 2018
Malcolm F.
Product Manager
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
August 28, 2018

“Simply the best shipping software for multi-channel sellers”

ProsWe have been using ShipStation for the past 4 years and it's a lifesaver. They make it extremely easy to print large batches of labels and they save us money with discounted USPS rates. The automation profiles are a huge time saver. Once I ship a product once I can save the details and it will automatically set those same details every time I ship. This makes it, so I can manage hundreds of orders at a time without having to click into each one to set the shipping details.
ConsThere are USPS errors every once in a while when we go to printing labels. However, they are usually resolved quickly.
August 28, 2018
Anil J.
Senior Application Developer
Automotive, 1001-5000 employees
August 4, 2018

“Making shipments is easier with ShipStation”

ProsThis one lets you recognize goods that are returned and those which are new, efficiently. Their rules are within most business limits and are really friendly. Their filters are a great shot and often enhance your platform. They are user-friendly and worth the money. Customer service is quite vibrant.
ConsIt is quite a complex one if yours is a big business lot. Flexibility is one issue. Mistakes made between placement and delivery of offers can create havoc, especially if more than 1000 shipments are made per day. There is no option for one to edit the manual orders. The process has to be started once again after its deletion. No detail is provided over choices of shipments with lower costs. Paypal cannot be used. No offline version for the system.
August 4, 2018
Building Materials, 11-50 employees
June 12, 2018

“Shipstation makes life easier”

OverallSaves time, saves money, since time is money! It really has made my life so much easier. It saves hours a day.
ProsHaving a place to aggregate all of your orders in one place is great. I love the automation rules that you can apply which automatically applies the correct shipping parameters per your specifications. The fact that you can enter all of your shipping information and print off packing lists along with your shipping labels is just great.
ConsI do wish there was a little more control over the automation, since sometimes items get tagged wrong and I have to go in and manually change shipments. I also wish the labels printed a little sharper. I know that my printer can print sharper, but the labels are a bit pixelated. Not a deal breaker in any way, though.
June 12, 2018
Gabriel A.
President/CEO
April 5, 2018

“Shipstation rocks!”

ProsThis has HUGELY SUPER BIG TIME improved our shipping process. We now can easily make shipping labels, print on our Zebra thermal printer, and instantly make return labels. We can track where everything is at (outgoing, returns, etc) quickly. I am genuinely in love with ShipStation. They've done a really great job.
ConsSometimes it's a bit slow to load. Also, sometimes FedEx rates do not load but I think that may be a FedEx API issue and not related to ship station. Other than that, I really cannot think of any downsides as it's really a top notch shipping management service.
April 5, 2018
August 1, 2018

“Easy and fast to use, very much recommended”

ProsIt's very easy to link all of your online stores so you can see all your orders on once screen. You can set presets for select items so you don't have to manually input shipping info every time as well. Customer support, the few times I've had to contact them, has been speedy and very helpful. This has made our shipping process so much faster and less of a headache.
ConsI'd like some more customization options for packing slips, other than just adding my logo. Every once in a while, I'll initiate a manual refresh of my linked stores for orders and the site will hang, taking 5-10 minutes to refresh and pull in the orders. This isn't a common occurrence, but when it does happen, it's frustrating.
August 1, 2018
Jeremy K.
Design, Unspecified
March 19, 2018

“Streamlined, quick, and scalable shipping solution for e-commerce based businesses.”

ProsShipstation is easy to use, allowing most of the tasks you complete with them to be turned into automated tasks for future use. The dashboard is easy to jump off from and get started, and it is easy to integrate with your existing website. In our experience, we integrated with Wordpress, and it provided a seamless transition from order to shipping that cut down on our time immensely. Shop station is also affordable - it's plans scale in such a way that you will be growing as a business at a faster rate than needing to upgrade your plan - it's a cost I would not be against paying when needed.
ConsSupport was adequate, but we were still left to figure out some basic troubleshooting ourselves. Luckily, integration and setup is easy enough, and so that troubleshooting didn't take too long. Honestly, it does its job well, with little complaints from us. I would say that it doesn't go outside of its' core competency at all - management of customers is not where it would need to be to actually use the software for any customer management tasks.
March 19, 2018
Khaled T.
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
December 18, 2016

“Only way to ship.”

OverallHands down the best shipping managing program I've ever used. I get to sync numerous stores in just one account, it's simply amazing. Majority of stores are included but if not it's totally easy to set up with the API.
ProsCheap shipping rates Easy to print and customize labels Sync stores without risk of getting banned (if you have more than one eBay store etc). Easy to track packages and cancel labels if printed by accident.
ConsNot able to switch easily between accounts. No phone (iOS) notifications when a order comes in.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you're new to shipping this is the way to go, it's basic enough for a newbie but can get advanced for an expert.
December 18, 2016
Lauren F.
June 6, 2016

“A Giant, Full-Featured Timesaver! Just What My WooCommerce Site Needed”

OverallThis is my third month using ShipStation, and I am still thoroughly impressed with everything this tool has done for my small but growing business. The integration with WooCommerce is seamless. I now use ShipStation both for my eCommerce store and my subscription box program (currently about 480 shipments per month in total). Here are some of the major ways ShipStation has helped my business so far: -Removed our reliance on PayPal Shipping, so we have been able to add a one-page credit card checkout option that has increased our conversion rate by about 30% -Simplified the entire fulfillment process, so that everything from printing packing slips to the final shipping labels happens in the same dashboard, making it easy to train employees -No more going back and manually marking 200 subscription box orders as shipped in the WooCommerce backend. ShipStation handles it automatically, so I always know exactly which orders have gone out -Automatically sends tracking info to customers-- PayPal did not do this with recurring payments, so the subscription box customers previously had to request tracking info if desired. Saves time and gives the customers what they want before they need to ask. Essentially, everything my business needs in a shipping solution, ShipStation offers. My only regret is not trying it out sooner! I've also been impressed with the customer service. I had several questions during my trial, and always received a courteous reply within 12 hours. Keep up the great work, ShipStation!
ProsSeamless WooCommerce Integration Easy Setup Excellent Support Team Full-Featured, Even at Lowest Tier
ConsI've run into only one minor frustration-- I would like to see an option to print labels one at a time on 8.5x11" sheets, instead of only two at a time. You end up with half-used sheets from odd-numbered batches, and have to wait for another odd-numbered batch to use them. It's a tiny complaint. Every other feature I've wanted has been there.
Nancy N.
president
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
August 28, 2019

“Great Improvement”

OverallNeeded an easily tap-in-able system for many warehouses.
ProsThis program is as easy, robust and flexible as they come. We switched from another program on this one works much better.
ConsNo cons here really, easy tracking, locating, sorting, label creation, integration with our ecommerce site, etc.
August 28, 2019
Erin G.
Marketing Operations
Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees
August 6, 2018

“Shipstation is great for small businesses! ”

OverallExcellent customer service. We pay for enterprise support and the chat team has helped us on so many occasions.
ProsShipstation helped our small business in many ways. The process of integrating your marketplaces is straightforward and simple. The native integrations offered are quite extensive, and we did quite lengthy research to pick and fulfillment software that integrated with the most marketplaces possible. The value for the cost is totally worth the investment, and the customization of carriers, labels, automation rules, notification emails truly makes this a great product.
ConsYou can only integrate one Amazon EU account, not all countries. So for example, you can integrate amazon.uk, but not amazon.it or amazon.de. There are still some marketplaces that do not offer a native integration with Shipstation. I wish reporting "insights" were more extensive.
August 6, 2018
Adith K.
System Administrator
Financial Services, 10,001+ employees
July 5, 2018

“A time-saving label printing application that also helps retailers in managing their Shipping requirements.”

ProsYou can effectively organize and manage shipping and service from your e-commerce websites. Presence of a powerful feature to identify return customers. The search customer feature where you can search four to field details of a customer is very robust as it reduces a lot of time. A huge volume of orders is processed with higher fulfillment times. Highly responsive customer service. Automated client communications, integrating emails, messages, and chats. A rugged inventory tracking system, they, in fact, have a lot of templates you can work on.
ConsThe user interface gets quite slow at situations. You cant just edit the created orders, you have to take up an additional effort to delete and create another one. The address confirmation feature could be made better. The absence of the desktop version of the software
July 5, 2018
William B.
Medical Devices, 1-10 employees
February 24, 2018

“Easy to use, great benefits and keeps you organized”

ProsShipstation is extremely easy to use. I have multiple online stores that integrated seamlessly with the software. Shipstation assigns you an account representative that is always available to assist you with any questions, comments or concerns. You receive an automatic discount shipping with USPS with the included "Stamps.com" account which helps you stay competitive while increasing margins. The interface helps you stay organized and on-top of all of your order inquiries and keeps records of past transactions so you have everything you need.
ConsShipstation is easy to use once you get the hang of it. If it is your first time using a software program like this, definitely take the time to ask questions to your assigned account representative to ensure you learn the intricacies of the software and get up to speed as fast as possible.
February 24, 2018
Timothy S.
January 19, 2018

“A True Headache Saver!”

ProsI love having all of my shipping services in one place. We use UPS, FedEx, and USPS so it saves a ton of time and effort from having to bounce back and forth to different services or websites.
ConsWe use an online selling platform that does play nice in integrating with Shipstation, so we have to input all of our orders manually, which can be a pain at times. The system is very clearly built to be integrated, and when I've used it with Squarespace it was a dream, but the manual order tools are a bit lackluster. It also has some peculiarities, like needing to include an email address for a customer to be saved, or not being able to manually create customers, that take some getting used to.
January 19, 2018
Geoff G.
June 21, 2018

“Use this to integrate my selling platforms into one shipping system”

ProsThis shipping system makes my life much easier. I can use the Order display as a working window for what needs made and filled. The formatting for the printed labels allows me to brand differently per sales channel. The default shipping profiles make my life a lot easier in not having to setup each shipment. I just click label and everything prints out as I need it.
ConsThere is a setup time associated with it and it did take the development team a month or two to finally integrate with one of my channels. The results are awesome, but it can take a while to fine tune the system and find all the particular settings needed to get the desired results.
June 21, 2018
April 30, 2018

“We use this to ship out 50+ packages a day”

OverallSo much better then ship easy and others we tried. This communicates back to our channels with shipping info seamlessly.
ProsVery scaleable, as we have gone from 1-5 boxes a day and now 50, it has been seamless in keeping up and adding efficiency to what we do.
ConsSimpler drop shipping automation would be nice. We send things to our customer's customer and have created a lot of auto rules to ensure this works without breaking any confidentiality or confidence between us and our customers, to ensure a package goes to their customer blind.
April 30, 2018
Christopher L. P.
June 29, 2017

“After all the head aches...”

ProsMy fiance and I started a small fine art company. One of our biggest hurdles was finding the appropriate shipping interface that met our needs. Ship station did just that. Their Rate Calculator gives you an overview of all the possible rates you can pay for a specific package. Their customization options are phenomenal, ranging from modifying shipping labels with or without logos, thank you message, packing slips, order summaries, and client notification templates that provide all the information the client needs regarding their package are all what makes shipstation amazing. There are too many to name! Also, their customer service was super helpful for whatever our needs were. They were always quick about finding solutions to problems, most importantly, our customer service rep treated us like people and not just an account number. ShipStation meets all our needs and continues to excel our expectations! We highly recommend this company. Additionally, their set was a breeze and had no problems finding a compatible label printer. Amazing. It's totallly worth it's price.
ConsThere aren't many that we can think of. However, any of the issues that we did bump into were quickly resolved by our rep. One thing I can think of that does arise often is printer settings. It seems that ShipStation Connect (which enables your printers to be used with this web browser interface) tends to glitch often. Nothing a quick little restart won't solve.
June 29, 2017
Aaron C.
August 27, 2016

“Perfect!”

OverallI have run a small online business where I manufacture and sell the products for 4 years now and am very prone to efficiency. One thing that I noticed and did not like was that just shipping orders would take almost as long as product production itself. From copying and pasting addresses to bouncing from on selling avenue to another is both time consuming and somewhat confusing when delagating the task to others that are stepping from their normal tasks to help pick up the slack. Moving to Ship Station was one of those game changing moments for my business! I cannot imagine a better system for getting the right information in the right place to increase productivity and ease of use. That free'd up time and mental load has made it possible to invest more in areas that can increase growth rather than just maintaining. During the free trial I told a friend of mine that also produces and sells online "I don't care what this costs, it is worth it just in how much time it frees up". Luckily, the company does not seem to be greedy(which is a real problem these days) and for $25 a month I am saving hours upon hours in time an headache.
ProsEasy to use Consolidated sales information Fast access to important information for getting the right items to the right people
ConsNone really. If anything, maybe more options for international shipments.
Recommendations to other buyersJust try the free trial. I put it off for so long time because I was so busy. If only I had known!
August 27, 2016
October 11, 2018

“So much more than just shipping”

OverallOne of the best systems today to manage orders and shipments. A must have for almost any ecommerce business.
ProsIntegrates with almost every marketplace channel. Very fast and reliable system. Allows many functions to manage orders (not just shipping), such as managing returns, leaving feedback, generating sales reports, and inventory management. Support has also been top notch.
ConsWish inventory management system was more intuitive and was able to support bundled products/skus.
October 11, 2018