Animatron Ratings

Overall
4.400000095367432/5
3.9000000953674316/5
4.099999904632568/5

About Animatron

Animatron Studio is an easy-to-use and powerful online animated video maker that allows creating stunning animations and videos with a simple drag-and-drop. Studio empowers unlimited creativity for businesses, agencies, and individuals by offering unique ways to personalize and customize their visual stories. For an even better user experience, Animatron Studio offers Lite mode, a simplified version designed specifically for those who have never had any animation experience before. Learn more about Animatron

Aravind Narayanan N.
Animator
Animation, 51-200 employees
March 26, 2019

“Easy to animate Explainer videos”

OverallInbuilt Funny characters.Preset Creative stuffs .Speed,Easy to deliver works
ProsI Basically an animator come Faculty member in a national film institute .i always recomment this software for all newcomers. I love this software that i can easily animate my vector images for some explainer videos and some of my freelancer works. interface is very simple and easy to use .i am working in this software mostly time bounding works because this software gave me quick quality outs. Inbuilt animated characters are awesome and unique. easy to use .
ConsWhile having a high speed internet we cant upgrade upload time of our videos and files .But if we uploaded files then it will be a fast and easy to make works .If this software gave an offer for one-time lifetime subscription then my film school also may purchase this software for educational purpose.
March 26, 2019
Abigail N.
Online Media, Self-employed
December 10, 2018

“Steep Learning curve and Glitchy Interface”

OverallMy experience was terrible. I'll probably give it a try again but I wouldn't depend on it. Animatron Studio isn't really a software I'd recommend using if you're on a deadline.
ProsAnimation Studio is full of great features, It's really great for making a simple comic/cartoon for social media. It also comes with a walkthrough tutorial to help you get started.
ConsThe Pros I listed are the only positive thing I could find about the software giving that I couldn't even use it for 30 mins without getting frustrated. I love design and marketing related software and I consider myself someone good ad adapting to a software, so when I signed up for Animatron studio to make a comic for my book blog, I expected it to be something like Lumen5 or Animoto. And I expected to be able to adapt to the software even if it wasn't completely like what I expected. Here's why I couldn't use Animatron: 1. It took 5+ minutes for the creator's dashboard to open. It kept saying authenticating. Here's what it looked like https://www.dropbox.com/s/e2y91vmf7zd2zsc/Screenshot%202018-12-10%2014.15.07.png?dl=0 2. The creator's dashboard where you select elements to use was overwhelming. 3. The onboarding tutorial abandoned me halfway through. After selecting the "Lite" option during the tutorial, I clicked on the "Doughnut & Milkshake" element as prompted by the tutorial. It took a few minutes for it to load. After it did I clicked on a talking doughnut and the tutorial abandoned me there. I had no idea what to do next 4. The interface is glitchy and feels a bit outdated 5. For some reason, I was logged out and had to log in again, seconds later I was logged out again and had to re-login. After that, I gave up.
December 10, 2018
O. Kelvin K.
Copywriter
Internet, 201-500 employees
November 8, 2018

“Animation Made Easy”

OverallAnimatron Studio saves me time, helps me increase user engagement on my website as well.
ProsVideos have been proven to increase user engagement online, but there's a huge gap. The price of video animations could leave a big hole in your pocket. The learning curve is steap for those who want to go DIY. This is where Animatron Studio comes to the rescue, with this software anyone can make powerful and high quality animations. I have been using the software for a while now, and I love the ease of usability.
ConsI would prefer an offline version, so I can save data and work faster with slow internet.
November 8, 2018
Oliver B.
SEO Strategist
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
July 30, 2019

“Goes a long way”

ProsThis platform has a huge scope of use cases, from video ads to explainer videos and animated banners. Has enough features to support pro users while being simple enough to be used by non-pros.
ConsThere's no access to free stock video inside the app which is possible with some other video platforms.
July 30, 2019
Cherlyn C.
Heartbreak Whisperer
February 13, 2018

“Fantastic, I love the ability to animate my videos”

OverallFun, engaging videos that stand out in my industry and make my topic so much more interesting.
ProsThe ability to put in my own vectors and animate them. I also really like how intuitive the interface is. I'm able to understand how to do things very quickly. The pre-animated characters that come with the software are so fun to use.
ConsIt takes a very long time for me to upload my mp4 videos (3-6 hours). I've asked support about it and it's due to the location of the server.. I'm based in Asia and I've got the same problems uploading in S.Korea and in Singapore so I'm guessing the problem affects most of Asia.
February 13, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
May 28, 2019

“Excellent for building video assets quickly”

ProsCan quickly create animated video assets for Facebook, Instagram, etc using a variety of transition and animation templates. Very easy to use and intuitive controls.
ConsMore variety in transitions and animation styles would help better differentiate between clients when using across multiple partners.
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
September 5, 2019

“Animatron is a fantastic software”

OverallAnimatron has made it possible for companies to have animated videos without hiring an animator. It's a fun way to change up your marketing.
ProsI love that you can test out the software before deciding to pay. They have templates you can use and edit our start from scratch. There are TONS of things you can do like make a person sit, hold something, cry, etc. You can brand the animated video to your company.
ConsIt'd be nice if they had software you could download instead of having it all online. Price is a bit high. So far, you have to pay to remove watermark.
September 5, 2019
Ahmad K.
December 15, 2016

“So far so great!”

OverallI just tried out Animatron after reading that it lets you create free 2-D explainer videos, which sounded pretty awesome to me! The tutorial shows how easy it is to use yet powerful with various graphics available for free use. You can add your audio and simple animations pretty quickly. The only thing I have yet to test, after my quick test video, is how customizable it can be to really fit your video needs.
Pros1. FREE Explainer videos! 2. Easy to use 3. Good variety of graphics

By Animatron on December 19, 2016
Ahmad, thank you for your positive comments! We're happy to hear you enjoy working in Animatron. If you could share how the video works for you, after you test it, that would be very much appreciated. Looking forward to your feedback.
December 15, 2016
Debjit B.
Freelancer
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
November 28, 2018

“My Cloud animation creator.”

OverallIt can be used use it for ads, promo or tutorial the price is high but you also get lots of space to store videos.
ProsI love the idea of online animation creation and not in my old pc. It has a really awesome template which is ready to use, not setup installing or lost my work for power failure. Due to broadband, the workflow is not smooth, but it is still manageable. I love the portability for light and studio mode for high/low bandwidth. Using pre-made character solve most of my problem and it is really an awesome experience for me with less load on my computer.
ConsNeed high bandwidth to use the studio feature. High price per month and no one-time lifetime subscription.
November 28, 2018
Steve W.
Online Communications Officer
Hospital & Health Care, Unspecified
July 3, 2018

“They did it...they made animated videos easy.”

ProsThis is a great software for creating animated videos and the developers have made something quite complex not just work within a web browser environment but work well with some amazing features. It isn't simply limited to using their own stock (which is plentiful!). If you're more of an advanced user or experienced animator, you can drag in your own characters and edit their movements. It's a very good alternative to using something like Adobe After Effects and it can be used anywhere!
ConsThe interface can be a little confusing when you're getting to know it, but thankfully it has been carefully thought out and once you know, you know!
July 3, 2018
Edo M.
field agent/representative
October 19, 2017

“Interesting on-line software solution for short and medium sized animations”

OverallRelatively simple and easy to learn on-line software solution for short and medium sized animations. Perfect for very short animations for Your YOUTUBE channel videos.
ProsIt's a fantastic feature when there are different ways to use a same software. For beginners there is a LITE mode, for experienced users there are ADVANCED and DESIGN modes. LITE modes is simpler, with less option that are not so needed and is perfect for new user to make 1st steps and 1st animations. After some time, when user achieve more experience it can remaster same creations in more advanced ways. Nice feature is that You can upload what needed (photos, music and similar, even vector graphic SVG and animations).
ConsObjects have not so many options, nor in design (color changing for example) nor in transitions or animations. Transitions between slides need more options. Loading/uploading can be slow. User interface is "blurry", not so clear for user.

By Animatron on October 23, 2017
Hi Edo, thanks for the review, appreciate it. Cheers!
October 19, 2017
Internet, 1-10 employees
September 29, 2019

“Solid animation video creation tool”

OverallHelped me saved a lot of money when it comes to creating explainer animated videos.
ProsAnimatron is a powerful animation video creation tool. With Animatron, I've been able to create several animated explainer videos without having to hire video creators.
ConsHigh learning curve. Sometimes the features are confusing and buggy. However, it's understandable that a high learning curve is needed.
September 29, 2019
Animation, Self-employed
July 25, 2019

“Quick animations”

ProsIt can save you whenever you need to create a super fast presentation or animation, it is easy to use and it has a free version.
ConsI wouldnt pay for it since I work with less expensive things like adobe that are way more complete. Altough I see the potential for anyone that doesnt work in the animation industry and still wants to create small animations.
July 25, 2019
Nominchuluun B.
Animator
Animation, Self-employed

“Best cloud animator”

ProsEasy to use Advanced editing tools Edit shapes and vectors Fast rendering
ConsWorking with Audio is not good enough
Animation, 11-50 employees
December 17, 2018

“Good”

ProsThe characters are good and standard, easy drag and drop
ConsEasy drag and drop of characters and props
December 17, 2018
Ram R.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
May 30, 2019

“Online Animation Video Maker”

OverallCompared to other products like offeo, InVideo & Crello, they are no where near to them.
ProsWe love making WhiteBoard Videos with Animatron, they are the easiest to do with this software. There is a lot of learning curve, everything needs to be done from scratch. It's kind of outdated now, we can find a lot of better options to make videos online.
ConsOutdated, very poor library, lot of learning curve, & time consuming.
May 30, 2019
Chelsie K.
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
August 23, 2018

“Terrible customer service”

OverallOverall experience was not great. I would not recommend to others at all.
ProsEasy video creation. Functionality easy to read.
ConsThe company continuously charged me for something that I did not subscribe to. I was being charged from February until August without knowing why because my account stated that I had a free account. After months of trying to reach out to them to rectify the situation, I received one response back which stated to just cancel but there was no statement of reimbursement for a subscription that I did not subscribe to. I would not recommend for that reason. Customer service did not help.
August 23, 2018
Internet, 1-10 employees
November 2, 2018

“Good for business purposes”

ProsIt is not a toy, it's a very useful animation software that you can use for marketing, education etc.
ConsYou have to spend some time learning some tricks, but after that everything will go smoothly.
November 2, 2018
Internet, 501-1000 employees
June 20, 2018

“Animation videos, created without the need of a professional!”

OverallCreativity, Speed
ProsThe tool has a rich collection of templates, fonts and quite a high degree of sophistication in its features. The hundreds of pre-animated characters, props and backgrounds allow even an amateur like me to hit the ground running. The team behind Animatron has set up an active community where people can learn, share projects with one another. With fairly limited video-making skills,
ConsThe software is intuitive and easy to learn, provided you are on the lite mode. More sophisticated actions although present, are hard to learn, especially in the full fledged "Expert mode". Some of the sophisticated animations require good dexterity of hands.
June 20, 2018
May 7, 2018

“Easy animation tool”

ProsVery easy to use, you don't need to animations skills to create amazing videos. The bone tool can push your work to a higher level.
ConsEven if it's help a lot to animate a walk cycle, fitting the leg to the ground is a little bit hard to do, and needs some skills and time.
May 7, 2018
Rick P.
Publishing, Self-employed
October 11, 2018

“Good-looking Results, Sometimes hard to use”

OverallOverall, it delivers good results, but takes patience.
Pros1. It makes animating feasible for someone on a small budget. 2. Looks good.
Cons1. The autosaving function is not always great - and sometimes it fails to save and you lose work.
October 11, 2018