Paladin POS Ratings

Overall

About Paladin POS

Paladin Data Corporation develops a digital retail platform that automates complex and time-consuming business operations. Our intuitive technology enables end-to-end automation including: ordering, advertising, in-store marketing, customer management, mobile, e-commerce and our proprietary Market Driven Inventory Management. With 39 years retail experience and top-class 100% USA-based support, we allow stores the ease of mind knowing operations are streamlined. Learn more about Paladin POS

JANE G.
SEC/TREAS
October 30, 2017

“GREAT FUNCTIONING SOFTWARE FOR AN AFFORDABLE PRICE. ”

OverallI HAVE A MORE ACCURATE INVENTORY WHICH MEANS THAT I HAVE LESS DOLLARS TIED UP IN INVENTORY. THE REPORTS ALLOW ME TO KEEP A CLOSER EYE ON MY SALES AND MARGINS IN COMPARISON TO LAST YEAR. I FEEL LIKE I HAVE A MUCH BETTER HANDLE ON THE BUSINESS THAN I DID WITH THE PREVIOUS SOFTWARE THAT I USED.
ProsEASY TO SET UP, EASY TO LEARN AND USE, WHILE HAVING GOOD FUNCTIONALITY. SUPPORT HAS BEEN WONDERFUL. WE ARE ON OUR 3RD STORE WITH THIS SOFTWARE. IF I DIDN'T LOVE IT, I WOULDN'T HAVE BROUGHT IT INTO THE SECOND STORE. I WOULD RECOMMEND AND ACTUALLY, I HAVE RECOMMENDED THIS SOFTWARE. I LOVE THE INVENTORY GRAPH WHICH IS A QUICK LOOK AT MY SALES OF AN ITEM BY THE WEEK. THE SUGGESTED PO REPORT KEEPS ME AWARE OF THINGS THAT I NEED TO ORDER. I ALSO USE THE DIALS TO KEEP TRACK OF THINGS THAT I AM OVERSTOCKED WITH OR ARE NOT MOVING. REPORTS ARE GOOD.
ConsTHERE ARE A FEW REPORTS THAT I WOULD CHANGE IF I COULD TO MAKE THEM LESS PAGES AND EASIER TO USE. ALSO ENTERING ITEMS INTO THE "SALE LIST" COULD BE MADE EASIER AND LESS KEYSTROKES BUT IT IS NOT SOMETHING THAT I USE EVERY DAY. I FIND THE COUPON DESIGNATION FIELD TO BE CUMBERSOME AT CHECKOUT. REALLY SLOWS DOWN THE TRANSACTION. WISH I COULD LOOK UP A LIST OF ITEMS BY DESCRIPTION AND PRINT IT.
Joe P.
Retail, Unspecified
October 31, 2017

“We have used Paladin since 2013, helping us have the most profitable period in our history!”

OverallWe use Paladin to assist with inventory replenishment, allowing us to have very few outs while maximizing our ROI. In addition, Paladin allows us to quickly and efficiently check our customers out at POS, enhancing customer satisfaction and keeping our personnel costs low. Intuitive and easy to learn, Paladin performs complex tasks with little effort.
ProsPaladin is very easy to learn and use, making it a very productive package of useful tools to accomplish the goals and needs of our business. The replenishment module allows easy and accurate ordering based upon sales history, analyzing each item every time an order is being considered. The POS module is quick, very easy to learn and intuitive to use so personnel may easily and accurately check customers out. Paladin operations are very simple and quick, saving us time and effort so we can concentrate on assisting our customers. Updates are frequent and automatic, not requiring intervention on our end.
ConsI look forward to even more multi-store capability that would make Paladin even more usable. Not much to say that qualifies as a CON. It's not for those who want a complicated system that they constantly have to tweak.
Dennis B.
Many
October 30, 2017

“Easiest transition we have ever made. It really was so simple that "a caveman" really could do this!”

OverallSimple & Heavy Duty! A rare combination, i know, but with Paladin you can run your business, not stay on the phone with looking for answers and not getting them. It WORKS, and we use our system a lot. You will find companies telling you they can save you money get a better deal. Do not waste your time. You will be sorry. This software allows us to move into different areas and go back to where we were at "the same place without having to reopen a filed". This has been great. Many things like this you do not fully understand until you use the feature of stumble on to it. It still has areas i am sure we have not used. Customer Support at Paladin has answers to software question, when, which rarely they come up. This company is there for YOUR COMPANY. Do not wait until you lose business. Call PALADIN TODAY and move ahead!
ProsCustomer support in fantastic. Cost is a little more, but you get your monies worth. Simple & Heavy Duty. Very, very rarely do we have "lockups or down stations". These people have answers to your questions. They WILL CALL YOU BACK, but most of the time this is not necessary.
Donna W.
October 8, 2019

“Most affordable option and easiest to use”

OverallWe have realized a HUGE savings over the past few years that we have been using Paladin POS. We are a small two-person Mom and Pop and besides the ease of use, this is the biggest benefit to us.
ProsI like that I can teach someone to use the basics of Paladin POS in five minutes. I like that the customer support is very responsive, especially in a store down situation. I like that you can lock the admin procedures from everyday users. I like that the cost is half of what were using before. I like that I can easily add product SKUs and I can change prices when necessary.
ConsI can't think of anything I don't like about Paladin POS. This product has saved us time and money and that is huge to us.
October 8, 2019
Michele G.
October 31, 2017

“We have been using Paladin POS for almost 10 years. We have watched it grow to become even better.”

OverallQuick to train employees because it is so user friendly. Quicker ordering process. Everyone at Paladin has been great to work with.
ProsI find the software very easy to learn and use. Can be customized for our ordering process: inventory can be set as ...seasonal, limit quantities/set minimums and max on stock, ratio items. This makes suggested orders easier to do a quick review to speed up the process of our weekly orders. End of day cash out is simple to read to do our deposit. And gross profit reports are broken down by department.
ConsPutting in items on a sale list could be a little quicker, but that feature we don't use to often. It does print a nice listing of the items for posting reference.
Kylan F.
October 30, 2017

“Paladin has been a great partner to work with.”

OverallThey can not be quantified. Paladin does a great job and they have developed an excellent product.
ProsThe software is easy to use, they are very friendly, and if there is a problem they get it fixed immediately. It is intuitive to use and almost anything you need for a report is available at a few clicks of a button.
ConsThere isn't a whole lot of things I don't like. One thing that comes to mind is it is difficult to data mine my own data. You can pull up tons of values by the day, but it would be very useful if it could be done by the day for the entire month at a click of a button instead of going through each day individually. However, this probably isn't a feature demanded by very many customers.
Chelle B.
Owner/President
October 30, 2017

“A lot of bang for the buck.”

OverallMakes it easy to run my business.
ProsI like that it not only has a simplified front end, for less technical users, but that it also lets you export and import the database to work on it, offline. We like to do export the inventory file to make mass changes and then we import it back in after we've made a backup and have done whatever it was we needed to do.
ConsI wish reports were more configurable instead of having to make everything a special request. I wish there were more inventory and margin troubleshooting reports that approached the capability of Margin Master.
Mark J.
President/General Managrer
November 5, 2017

“Our experience in converting to our new Paladin has been very positive. ”

ProsEase of learning and use. All Paladin personnel have been very professional and yet also understand that a pos conversion is extremely stressful for our entire store's staff.
ConsWould like a calendar on a page of daily sales figures for quick comparison against previous years. This would enable our staff to quickly so how they have done in sales versus previous figures, sort of like a daily score for them to track. Yes, we can go through REPORTS portion to get these daily comparisons but our previous pos software allowed staff to click and see a calendar of each days sales all on one page for the entire month and to toggle to previous year or previous months. Seems trivial but since we switched, our staff doesn't do this. If this is the only negative I can come up with, think of how much we love this new Paladin point of sale software! :-)
November 5, 2017
Donna W.
Co-owner
September 25, 2018

“Best Hardware Store POS Software”

OverallWe saved more than half on our monthly software maintenance expenses when we initiated Paladin POS and that is a lot of savings over three years. The customer service is excellent and their online tutorials and help files are idea.
ProsThe folks at Paladin made it really easy for us to transition from our old, clunky, multi-site software to a single site POS, which is what we really needed for our small mom and pop hardware store.
ConsWe have been using this software for more than 3 years now, and I haven't found a thing I don't like.
September 25, 2018
Pat S.
Building Materials, 1-10 employees
February 16, 2018

“Quoting features make me miss Bms.”

ProsEasy to train employees, email invoices, integrate credit cards, track purchases and inventory. We are very happy with in the POS side of this system.
ConsThe main thing everyone using this system complains about is not being able to add in a item once you realize you made a mistake and you need to put a certain product with a like item or add a note for the customer. We were told when we purchased the system that they would continually update issue's. So far, we just learn to live with them.
February 16, 2018
Marla A.
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees
October 10, 2018

“paladin review”

OverallThey are great until you need customer service. Downloading is hard if you don't belong to ace or another group that is big.
ProsThis software is easy to use and easy to teach your employees. -
ConsGreat until your server goes down, then wait and wait and you can't help your customers because everything is on your server. 3 times in 11 years. Every time it is at least 1 hour to 1 1/1 hour wait. What to do with those customers, well that is your problem. Paladin is supposedly doing everything they can.
October 10, 2018
David E.
October 26, 2017

“Seamless, easy, I forget its actually there. ”

OverallMy sanity and approximately 8 hours of productivity per week. That is roughly how much time I had to waste per week being on hold with Epicor and trying to implement their updates. Many of those hours were spent after hours.
Prosthe updates are uniform , automatic and well communicated. We really don't even have to train new employees. It is so intuitive that they just watch for a few minutes and get going
ConsAt times features have been delayed due to Ace bowing down to Epicor. The credit card and gift card transactions at times are bumpy.
Joel A.
Store management
October 30, 2017

“Overall a very good system and help. ”

OverallAbility to control inventory and accounting functions easier and better than before.
ProsWorks well, excellent customer support, easy to use once you get used to it, visually very nice, good selection of reports.
ConsDocumentation of where things come from and go to. Report screens tell you nothing about what's on the reports and where the information came from. Too much "white space" on screen where more information could be put. Inability to sort many fields on many screens.
Donna O.
Author
October 30, 2017

“The Best POS for our business”

ProsPaladin POS made it seamless for our family-owned hardware store to change from our previous POS, which was geared more for big box stores to their Paladin POS. The assistance, training and friendliness that we continue to receive from this company has paid off in spades. Not to mention the cost savings per month. We have been extremely pleased since switching over to Paladin POS more than four years ago.
David F.
Sales
Building Materials, 1-10 employees
October 26, 2017

“Paladin has been a fantastic pos system to work with.”

Overallinventory management, billing, easier ordering, fast check out.
ProsPaladin is very easy to use & train new empoyees on, even the guy who doesn't like computers & almost refused to learn it is able to run it. The cost of the system was very affordable.
ConsDoes not have all the bells & whistles that the more expensive systems offer. I get complaints from the employees it doesn't auto spell check like google search does.
Jim H.
Pharmacist
Pharmaceuticals, 1-10 employees
August 8, 2017

“Very easy to use.”

OverallEasy to use with our software
ProsThe ease in how to learn it. Also ability to look at detailed patient information. It gives the ability to do inventory as well. We do not use that function but found that if we're a bigger pharmacy, we could definitely use that function.
ConsNot much in terms of negative comments about the software. Sometimes the software runs into a glitch where it can be annoying. An example of this is when we scan in certain prescriptions and nothing gets loaded. It may take a few scans and then the prescriptions will pop up in the pos.
August 8, 2017
GEORGE U.
IT Manager
October 26, 2017

“A first rate company to partner with”

OverallMore time running the business and less time running a computer system
ProsIt is very easy to use right from the start. A cashier can be up and running in less then 30 minutes. This can be a great match for a company that does not want to spend a lot of time learning a computer program and wants to just run their business.
Lee G.
October 27, 2017

“Excellent experience, good relationship with Paladin”

ProsEase of use and the simplicity. Also the inventory management is exceptional. It takes very little training to master the program. The ability to look up customer accounts with ease.
Michelle C.
April 18, 2018

“Warning! Not all its cracked up to be.”

ConsWe were led to believe that this system could handle our rental department, which after we signed up didn't. Every time we turned around they were adding more to our monthly bill. They also had us buy thousands of dollars worth of equipment that we were told we needed, which we ended up not needing. Then when we finally cancelled our service with them, I was told that I would not be charged again. Sure enough they took out the full monthly payment and when I called to have them refund the other 28 days of the month I shouldn't have been charged for, I was told that it was a standard policy to take the full monthly payment even though my service cancelled two days into the next billing cycle. My experience with Paladin is that they get you signed up with promises of what the system will do and when you discover that it doesn't do what you were told, you are forced to put more and more money out monthly.
April 18, 2018
Julie M.
cfo
October 26, 2017

“No question was to simple and no problem was ignored.”

ProsThe Paladin program had our store up and going from day one. We have found the program very user friendly.
Blaine M.
1-10 employees
October 27, 2017

“We do not like this system at all”

ProsWe like the fact that the credit card machine is combined in the till but it still takes about 5 steps to get to where the person can sign and be done. The statement part is alright. Usually crashes before its done though. We have to call Paladin every time.
Consmost all of it.... inventory is always off. You have to hit the enter button or use the mouse about 5 times to get to where you want to go. Customers are getting annoyed with it. Too slow!! It's always crashing. You cannot delete an item. etc etc etc Felt we went back in time