WorkforceNow Ratings

Overall
4.3/5
4.2/5
4.1/5

About WorkforceNow

Save time and money and gain peace of mind with ADP Workforce Now, the easy-to-use and complete human capital management solution for companies with more than 50 employees. Built from the ground up with a single database, the fully integrated ADP Workforce Now suite features Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits, Talent Management, Time & Labor Management, Compliance, and Analytics capabilities. Workforce Now also integrates simply and securely with other HR and business applications. Learn more about WorkforceNow

Kym W.
Human Resource/ Payroll Manager
Automotive, 201-500 employees

“ADP”

OverallAfter the implementation process, as painful as it was, the system seems to be a little smoother and working correctly. Still finding some items that are needing fixed from the lack of attention from our previous account managers.
ProsADP has automated several process that used to be manual.
ConsThe implementation process was very difficult and lasted over a year. It took almost a year to find a good Account Manager. The continued updates. Just seems that every week I go in and something has changed. The ACA reporting is still a little clunky.
Cyndi M.
sr. global payroll manager
Information Services, 501-1000 employees

“WFN Review”

OverallI have been expanding the functions within WFN - we added time and attendance this year and plan on using other feature to help us grow and scale our payroll. I find as the complexities of our payroll increases, WFN can handle and grow with us.
ProsThe flexibility it provides. Depending upon the company's complexities - you can use as little or as much as you need from the system. It integrates with other systems too (Workday, etc) to help automate processes.
ConsIt is a difficult to have multiple payroll runs at the same time. When you are in a public company with stock and regular payroll runs on the same day - the system can do it - but it is not easy to flow between the two payroll runs.
Shikha V.
Staffing and Recruiting, 201-500 employees
April 30, 2019

“ADP Workforce Now-Most used and advanced Human Capital Management Solutions”

OverallOur company's overall experience has been extremely good except for the customer service part, which has now improved as compared to earlier. We have no plans to move to any other software since our entire team is very well versed with this software.
ProsADP Workforce Now is a wholesome web-based human resource capital management system designed to assist and automate company's HR processes including payroll management, benefits, time and labor management, compliance etc. This tool also provides the API, which facilitates the smooth integration with other HR business application including any internal software that you may have. We have been using this software for almost 5 years now and the experience has been amazing. The entire application is user friendly and easy to manage with a supportive customer service. It also facilitates our employees to register into the system whose paycheck has been processed once and they can view their paystubs online, which reduces our burden of sending the paystubs separately. The entire process of payroll including the tax processing, sick time filing (if applicable), PTO management etc. is simplified through this application. The benefit enrolment/waiving process is also easier with all the documents placed under different sections of the consultant's file.
ConsThe customer support team is cooperative but getting answers from them could be tedious. You have to be on call for almost 15-20 minutes before you could hear a human voice. The response time over emails is not so fast as well. It may take from 4-5 hours to a day to get an answer sometimes.
April 30, 2019
Samridh S.
Electrical Engineer II
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1000 employees
February 1, 2019

“Easy to Use and Easy to Manage”

ProsOur company transitioned to ADP 3 years ago and in the past three years I have really grown to like ADP. - Easy to manage my PTO and see balances I can easily log into ADP and see how much balance is left. Previously I had to wait for my paycheck to look at it and keep note of it. Otherwise everything was stored on the SAP system and SAP codes were too hard to remember. I like the online platform a lot better with ADP. Apply for PTO is also a piece of cake. Simply choose the date (calendar is shown on right) and submit the hours. - Notifications ADP is really good about notifying the user if there is any mails waiting in the inbox. Any approvals or disapprovals, documents and announcements on ADP gets sent straight to my work email and it helps me to remember that I should go and check it out. - Everything in one place All my Paychecks, Tax Documents, Health and Dental Benefits, Policies etc are on one spot. They are all properly placed under specific tabs so after some clicking around I was able to easily get to the page I needed too. I also like that I can download my information and documents in a pdf format and store it computer for later access. I no longer have to email HR and ask for my tax document if I lost it or ask what is the health/dental plan i enrolled in. Even enrolling or changing the benefits plan is super easy and it is all done inside the ADP at the beginning of each year.
Cons- Outdated look I think ADP could enhance their website a bit more than what it is. I do like their simplicity however more helpful links in the front page would be nice so that I do not have to click through 3 pages to submit a PTO. - More details needed I would prefer each page to have some details on what this page is for and how it can be used. Some sort of front page explanation would be nice. The first few months I emailed my HR every single time to figure out how to do the simplest of things - Update takes time When there is an updated I have notice some delays. Whether it be on my PTO approval or my salary increase. The system updates takes the longest.
February 1, 2019
Collin E.
HRIS / Payroll Analyst
Retail, 1001-5000 employees
December 13, 2018

“Leading Payroll Vendor for a Reason”

OverallThis is a strong tool once the learning curve is overcome. I have used small, medium, and large payroll platforms and ADP is a true "One size fits all" platform and perhaps my vendor of choice. However, for that ideal fit, it will require diligent implementation and an understanding of the platform and it's features. There are trade-offs: while startup companies such as Zenefits or Namely have a simple user interface and easy to navigate, they also come with system limitations and lack of support compared to the big companies. ADP is the opposite; sometimes quirky and difficult to find what you need, but a truly powerful system with a large support team ready to assist. Choose based on your priorities.
ProsThis is an extremely robust platform with extensive custom functionality. When properly configured and utilized, WorkforceNow can fit practically any business and payroll model, from small businesses to high volume, enterprise-level companies. Service and Support are best in class and will walk you through anything. Tax filings, notice resolutions, and year-end processes are a breeze. Solid tools and modules - Benefits, Reporting Suite, Onboarding, Time Tracking (But you'll pay for it).
ConsADP is a legacy company with legacy systems. Because they have been around for so long, some features seem to be "stacked" on from prior versions instead of given an entire overhaul. This can lead to an lack of intuitive UI and UX compared to younger systems like Workday. Implementation team may give you an "out of the box" setup. May require diligent partnership in configuring to your specifications. Pricing may not be as competitive as other vendors and module implementations can add up.
December 13, 2018
Cynthia O.
Human Resource Manager
Retail, 5001-10,000 employees
December 6, 2018

“WFN Review 2018”

OverallOverall experience with WFN platform has been very good. PS: I miss being able to go to ADP locations for "live" training. Especially for reporting! I know that the WFN reporting is very strong and I am not using to it's full ability. I am more of a hands on learner vs. webinars and learned a lot by attending ADP classes for training in THIS area in the past. (Hint, hint - Smile)
ProsLove having everything on the same platform; payroll, benefits, T&A, and reporting. For the most part I love the ease of using the product. While updates are important to stay compliant and current with needs they create havoc with current setup.(growing pains!) I have been using ADP products since 1990 and this platform is by far the best and easiest to use. Love the training bites on the top of pages.
ConsI only have cons with specific areas of WFN updates and not the overall WFN platform. 1. Time & Attendance - Current update of moving hours to payroll we lost that the function where the system will stop the import to payroll if there are exceptions and either make you acknowledge the exception or delete from the time card. Example: A manager approves a time off request for a closed pay period. The hours flow to the current pay period. Since it is just hours (because in wrong pay/time period) there are no dollars. When doing a payroll reconciliation we tie hours & dollars. When it's a company of 400 employees this is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. I'd rather be stopped and asked to note the exception before I can import. 2. There needs to be more flexibility with the restrictions within time and attendance. Example: We want to restrict an employee to only being able to swipe in 5 minutes before the start of their schedule. If they are 5 minutes late I don't want them restricted; they should be able to swipe in even if they are an hour late. (The old ETime allowed this and it was very helpful in controlling OT because employees had to immediately go to a manager to get permission to start or stay later than their scheduled time vs. seeing the next day when reviewing time cards) 3. Wage & Garnishment - Need easier reports to get what is needed
December 6, 2018
Real Estate, 1001-5000 employees
December 4, 2018

“Intuitive for users of all types”

OverallAs a leader of a team, I am responsible for approving time cards, PTO requests, time adjustments, etc. and have found that ADP WorkforceNow is an intuitive software that anyone can learn very quickly. The menu is thorough but simple, and functions are placed in a logical workflow. I would highly recommend ADP WorkforceNow as a timekeeping/payroll software due to the easy-to-use software.
ProsIntuitive web-based software that I have found easy to use across users of all types. As a manager that approves time cards on a regular basis, I found that it's easy to find what you're looking for. For example, if you want to adjust a time card, simply click on the employee's time card, and go to the appropriate day that you want to adjust the time, and click "add row," "delete row,", etc. OR simply adjust the time as needed in each box - it's as simple as that. I also liked the calendar-based PTO request form - simply click on the date(s) that you want to schedule for PTO, Jury Duty, etc. and it will mostly populate the request form with the date(s) you selected. There's also a variety of reports you can run in which you can select your criteria so provide the right report you need.
ConsOne con is when you are "acting on behalf" of someone else, the menu looks a little different than your normal dashboard screen, but it's nothing major and you quickly get used to the functions. Also, it can be a little tricky to find out each team members time off scheduled as you have to dig into the menu a little deeper. But as you use the software more, you quickly become accustomed to where to go.
December 4, 2018
Claudia H.
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees
December 5, 2017

“ADP has been the best aspect of my job at times and the most frustrating at other times.”

OverallIt does a great job of staying current with all the compliances changes to payroll and HR. I rely on them to get the payroll reporting correct.
ProsThe webinars and continuous learning opportunities for the user are great. Laws and compliances are changing so quickly that it is hard for someone in the trenches to keep up. They make staying current easy with their Eye on Washington and special webcasts. I like the look and ease of the program. It is easy to navigate and find what you're looking for. The new Pay Cycle is great, but it would be nice to enjoy it a while before they "upgrade" it again. I need time to learn and discover all the ways it can assist me. Customer support has been one area of frustration, but help with the ACA and Time and Attendance has been stellar.
ConsGetting answers quickly has been a huge frustration, and not just with customer service although that has been an issue with payroll. It seems to take an unnecessary amount of time to get something new implemented. We took steps to add an HR component for tracking professional development hours for our teachers. Once we signed up, we waited weeks to hear back about implementation. Finally after emailing our rep, I was contacted about training for the addition and found out it was not what we wanted. What we wanted was free and available with the push of a button. ADP has great resources for self-learning and I take advantage of them frequently. But sometimes I have an issue with payroll and need an answer quickly. Now with the designated rep, that doesn't happen. She is rarely available, which I understand, she has many clients and speaking with someone else is perfectly acceptable, but usually I end up having to leave a message. I find myself not wanting to call and having issues unresolved. Sometimes she is not able to resolve the issue completely because it involves a different department.

By ADP on December 7, 2017
Hi Claudia - Thank you for your review of Workforce Now. We have made significant changes to our Service model that I would love to connect with you more about. Please reach out to me directly: Anthony.Woodard@adp.com
December 5, 2017
Monica W.
Government Administration, 201-500 employees
July 25, 2017

“For the most part, this is a good product and fairly intuitive.”

OverallI was using a massive system, that was very cumbersome and not flexible at all. ADP streamlined our processes for the most part and has made our jobs in HR and Payroll a little easier.
ProsThere is a home page that can be customized. This provides the employer a good opportunity to communicate with all employees, considering everyone must go into ADP to enter their time at least twice each month. The portal can be setup in English and Spanish. The system overall is fairly easy to work in and find information. There are a good number of standard reports. ADP offers a lot of training opportunities, support, message boards, etc. at no cost, which is a definite benefit.
ConsThe home page is a wonderful communication tool; however, customizing it in Portal is very difficult and takes more time than it should to get it to look professional. The setup is fairly restrictive, the 'Undo' button no longer exists after this last upgrade, you can't control the line spacing, for some reason the system removes some spacing between words that were copied and pasted into the Portal, and for the most part, the system seems to do what it wants. The leave-time system has become very cumbersome. Example: An employee is out sick one day in a pay period. The employee enters their work hours, along with their sick time, into the timesheet, then saves and approves their timesheet. The supervisor then goes in and must first approve the sick time, which automatically removes the employee's approval. The employee then must approve their timesheet again before the supervisor can approve the entire timesheet. Another aggravation is the ridiculous number of messages and the requirement to archive the messages. The system even requires confirmation that you want to archive and then it provides a running total of the number that has been archived, or the number of new hires entered, etc. Knowing the number of actions taken or messages archived is unnecessary.

By ADP on July 25, 2017
Monica - Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product. I am sorry you find our customization features and leave-time system underwhelming. I would love to connect with you more about this. Please reach out: anthony.woodard@adp.com
Mark L.
Director of Payroll
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees
July 25, 2017

“Overall the different components of the system work well together and are easy to use.”

OverallThe system has easy to track timesheets, both the hours and the supervisor and employee approvals. This is important as a Government Contractor. Having a system that works as smoothly as this makes growing as a company much easier and limits the amount of staff that we have to hire to process the payroll and the HR functions. Having a customer support team for payroll questions and reporting questions helps greatly. I have always found ADP's reporting support staff the most knowledgeable about their department and have always given me great help.
ProsThe reporting system is is easier to use than other systems I have used in the past. Also, I like how the HR functions, employee service items, the payroll system, and the timesheet system flow well together. The reporting system makes it easy to run reports over several companies, for several years, and for active and terminated employees. I've used other popular payroll processors software which limited the reports to only 1 year at a time. I like how easy it is for employees to access their paystubs, access past w-2s, and make changes to some of their information. Having the view available for pay stubs and w-2s has cut down on phone calls. The payroll system is very easy to use. Recent upgrades have placed fields in a better arrangement for viewing several fields of an employee record at the same time. I find the timesheet system mostly easy to use for our employees.
ConsThere are too many, too frequent upgrades. I've experienced reports losing formatting during the upgrade and have to repair them or reach out to ADP to repair them. Also, there have been several periods of downtime hours this year where the system has crashed and almost all of these are following an upgrade. The security portion of the system can be a bit tricky and not very user friendly, although, some improvements have been made in recent upgrades. Also, the phone app for the timesheet system is a bit lacking in functionality, although, this too has seen some recent upgrades.
Deborah R.
Human Resources, 51-200 employees
June 16, 2017

“Our company has been using ADP Workforce Now since 2014. This is an amazing program!”

OverallSecure, dependable and user friendly payroll processing. A time and attendance system. Reporting functions that allow us to track and report critical information that helps us run a better company. Offsite support and a system that is always rolling out updates and training. This is a great system for the medium to large business. You cannot go wrong with this program.
ProsWorkforce Now has changed from being a time and attendance and payroll system to a Human Resources tool I cannot do without. I am a one person Human Resources Department and I need a HR system that can streamline and support the many functions I deal with on a daily basis. Workforce Now (WFN) does that and so much more. WFN comes with dozens of preloaded reports that allows me to run employee rosters, payroll reports, attendance reports, cost of labor by hours and earnings. It tracks tax information and General Leader Reports for our accounting department. Employees are able to electronically request time off and get manager approvals emailed to their cell phones or home computers. Managers and supervisors can make notes right in the employees electronic file so there is always a record of items they can use when doing annual reviews or disciplinary action meetings. There is so many options available. Making sure employees get paid properly is critical, but this system and the ADP support team take payroll to a whole new level! ADP has been working diligently to make this system a workhorse in the HR department. The updates keep this system cutting edge, yet user friendly and easy to run. You will not have to worry about having outdated and stale software in a year. There is always something being improved. Just in case something does come up, WFN has a solid support team that you can reach out to for questions and assistance. And they are only a phone call away.
ConsWhat do I like least? I only have a couple of issues, and the pro's far outweigh the concerns, but it seems like the support team is very busy on some Monday's and Tuesday's. When you try to call in for support the wait times can be a little long. I have learned to plan ahead and call early. If you want a least like about the software specifically then that is more difficult to answer. I guess I'd say the learning curve can feel a little intimidating when you first start to using WFN. Help is only a phone call away or a quick look up in the integrated help screens.

By ADP on June 20, 2017
Deborah - Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review. We appreciate your time and your business. If I can be of any assistance to you, please feel free to reach out. lori.wilmot@adp.com
June 16, 2017
meir g.
EVP
Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees
March 31, 2017

“Excellent Product”

OverallI use the payroll, Time & Attendance and HRB. I have been a client of ADP for 30 years+!! My Mother started with calling in the information to ADP every week! Then I came into the business and we went from manual phone calls to a computerized system. It was called PC Payroll. A great payroll package. Then approx 1 1/4 years ago, we were told that PC Payroll is being discontinued and we made the switch to WFN. We started at Version 2 and we are now, we are at Version 13 - with Version 14 soon to happen. A very happy client.
Pros1. I am the admin of the payroll dept. it is my responsibility and i run it weekly. Once I learn how to do the functions, it works very well. 2. Customer support is second to none! Truly excellent! 3. The program does a lot - with many features. Upgrades are starting to be more frequent - which is a good thing. 4. They have support system which is called "The Bridge". all users are connected to it. you can ask a question and it will be answered by another user or even am ADP employee. 5. Wish list: It is very powerful program. There are very many features. Many of them i know and many of them, i don't even know they are there. I wish there was a document available that goes through the whole WFN and lists and describes ALL the features available - whether they are standard or offered only as on option. Just let me know about it!!!
ConsDuring the December and beginning of January, the hold time can be very long. i have been on hold for over 45 minutes. i am really hoping that it will be corrected.

By ADP on April 4, 2017
Meir ¿ First and foremost, thank you for being a 30-year partner of ours. I love your story, and hearing the evolution of your relationship with ADP. As a member of ADP¿s Client Loyalty team, I am always thrilled to see and hear about our long-term partners. Also, thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review of our WFN product and Service. We truly appreciate the time you took to do this. Please reach out to me and we can discuss your wish-list document. I may have something that you can use. Lori.wilmot@adp.com.
March 31, 2017
Sarita S.
HRIS Administrator
Banking, 201-500 employees
February 10, 2017

“Workforce Now -Better but still needs improvement”

OverallI have been an ADP Practitioner since August 2012. Within each upgrade our processes seem to improve on efficiency and accuracy thanks to the updates made. We have however had some issues in terms of "user-friendly" that while are small in nature, they do create inconvenience for our associates. 1. Message Center - I believe it was V10 I really enjoyed our Message Center - having the action arrows available was quick and easy. In the next upgrade it changed to a check, an X and three little dots. While this is convenient, not everyone can see these options on their screen unless a)they zoom in, or b) they scroll down - scroll right - scroll back up. It's just a headache. 2. Time off - this is helpful but still having some issues. We round to the nearest quarter and at this time it is rounded to the nearest minute. Also within time off request, anytime the policy or reason code is changed the hours zero out. We used to be able to submit a week for vacation on one line, it would appear a 5 days x 8 hours and submit. If we wanted to each day individually we had that option as well. Now it's all individually so each line must be manually updated. Very inconvenient. 3. Reporting - The ease of reporting has improved so much I would just assign 5 stars for that! Sadly I have been calling and attempting to build a report that retains an associates work history and still to no avail. 4. Client Service - For the most part the reps I have spoken to have always been very polite. As far as knowledge of a particular module it can vary from person to person so some frustration can occur when seeking an answer for an issue. Also turnaround time on open cases can be way longer than expected, while some never even respond. All around I truly love this product. In terms of what we need I do like Workforce Now very much. We look forward to all upgrades and improvements that they bring.
ProsAs a practitioner the options within the modules has been fairly easy to setup. It has the capacity to do so much more than we are doing in our department currently, and the introduction of ADP Mobile has elevated the service to our associates.
ConsEase and functionality could be improved. Again minor things but do contribute to the overall experience.
Recommendations to other buyersOverall a happy customer with ADP.

By ADP on February 15, 2017
Sarita - Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review. I would like to connect you with someone who can assist with each of the items you outline below. Please reach out to me directly and I can set something up. lori.wilmot@adp.com
February 10, 2017
Deborah R.
Renewables & Environment, 51-200 employees
December 8, 2016

“ADP Workforce Now -- Payroll, but so much more!!!”

OverallI have used ADP payroll in different companies throughout my Human Resources career. It has gone from a great payroll program to an amazing, easy to use payroll and people management tool that blows the competition away. I cannot imagine running our companies Human Resources Department without it. Over the last year, ADP Workforce Now has updated and improved its entire program. There is online training at your fingertips. Employees can easily manage their individual information by using the many self-service features. The mobile app is easily downloaded from an android or apple phone and allows employees to have access to their payroll information anytime and from almost anywhere. The payroll process is easy to manage and reports are easy to access or create. This allows managers and employees to have accurate information at their fingertips which in turn helps them make decisions based on real-time information. I cannot say enough good things about ADP Workforces Now! Go with the best -- you will be glad you did.
ProsThe many features if offers. It is easy to use. The support is at your fingertips and if you cannot find the answer, you can pick up the phone and real people are there to help. This is just the beginning of the wonderful software packages amazing features.
ConsThere are so many features built into the software and it is sometimes difficult to know everything that is available. Also, when you add some new features it seems like there is a lot of add on costs. I think it would be best to be able to pick from a variety of package features up front. Maybe spending more time learning the needs of the company upfront and setting up the software to meet those needs upfront would help keep costs lower.
Recommendations to other buyersADP has done a wonderful job upgrading and managing its software. This is a great tool.

By ADP on December 15, 2016
Deborah - Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review of our WFN product. You have completely captured what we have tried to do, provide an easy to use software program, supported by an excellent Customer Service team, that allows you to get your administrative task done more quickly and spend time on value-add activities in business. I love that you call out our reporting enables you to make real-time decisions for your business. Please let me know if I can ever assist you with anything at all at ADP. lori.wilmot@adp.com
Joy J.
Payroll Director
Environmental Services, 201-500 employees

“ADP WFN is fantastic!”

OverallI've been using ADP WFN for just over a year now and I have to say, ADP has come a long way in a relatively short time. From its inception of online payroll processing under Pay eXpert, WFN is light years ahead of its predecessor. Most things are laid out in a logical fashion and are easy to use. The internal design team must have been laboring over the current incarnation and should be commended. It would be nice if there was a middle ground between Simple and Advanced Reporting and I understand there are improvements coming to the Notification Center. The SmartCompliance site is way easier than "the old days" of faxing in notices. There are still a few things that could be improved (like Annum & Reset Year value availability in Reporting for payroll-based accruals) and there are times when the client can definitely tell that the Client Support team is held to quotas and stats (or, maybe I periodically get a rep that isn't as invested in client success) but perseverance pays off & I can always get to a truly dedicated rep with comprehensive knowledge of systems & processes to help me troubleshoot issues. (ADP should really do more to keep those valued reps because they are the heart and soul of the company. Instead, I understand that there's an informal no-rehire policy in place, maybe to get a fresh perspective into the organization, but really the knowledge and wisdom from those years of service take years to develop. Bring back the former reps and ease up on the phone stat review. Do what's right and best for each caller!) The software, though, again, light years from whence it came. Loving the Employee Documents (the bulk upload process could be streamlined by naming convention protocols that automatically select EE's and apply categories.) Looking forward to seeing the new version of Predictive Analytics. One weak spot is performance review/management (surely ADP can acquire a company & incorporate a smooth process for clients.) Another weak spot is the inability to Deductions in Arrears for Managed By Benefits items. As a growing, dynamic company grown through acquisition, ADP WFN has been an invaluable partner in the process of managing our complexity for our employees.
ProsEase of use, logical layout, robust options.
ConsStill, some client-facing things to be smoothed out.
Recommendations to other buyersTake advantage of all training opportunities! It's all free and the Support Center can usually provide Learning Bytes (quick how-to videos) or document tutorials. Really try to push the system to its limits and maximize your investment. It can do so much more than payroll that you're really missing out if that's all you're using it for.

By ADP on December 9, 2016
Joy - thanks for providing such a detailed and insightful review. As always, reach out if you need anything. lori.wilmot@adp.com
Adrian B.
SVP of Finance
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

“ADP”

OverallWFN solves our issues for time and attendance tracking with employees in 30 states. It provides all necessary reporting needed to report on payroll spend.
ProsPretty user friendly. Screen layout is easy to follow. Once employees are trained, they usually don't need any follow up.
ConsUpdates and changes are too frequent. Constant change. The Benefits sections is very hard to manage without support from ADP and working through Open Enrollment is very challenging. The Carrier API feeds are very complex.
Johnathan M.
Business Analyst
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
August 8, 2019

“All your work information in one place”

OverallADP is a big player in the payroll, HR and workplace support space. I use their software because my employer uses it. We switched from Trinet, which I admit I prefer, but WorkforceNow will suffice. It is not a bad tool, but I've had better.
ProsWhat I state in the title is pretty much the best part of this software. To have everything at your finger tips is a plus. There is detailed information such as the breakdown of your paycheck with graphs included.
ConsThese are the areas that I liked the least. One caveat: I realize that these points are not necessarily due to the software itself, but with this application it is hard to separate the issues from the software. I did not give the software any less stars due to no. 2 and 4. 1) the discount page under benefits, seems to hang-up often. It came to a point I stopped visiting because of this. 2) issue with benefits in that the providers could not find us as having enrolled. Is this due to the software or human error? Not sure, but the insurer had to be contacted due to the oversight from ADP. 3) the look and interface will not win any awards. It is functional, but could use a "new coat of paint" and better menus. 4) when I inquired with MyLifeAdvisor via email, regarding an issue, it took two days for a response. I realize that is a reasonable time frame, but am spoiled with our previous vendor responding within two hours.
August 8, 2019
Katie L.
HR
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

“ADP Review”

OverallOverall I'm a happy ADP client.
ProsWhat I like most is that everything is there for me in one place- time and attendance, payroll, reviews, contact information. I also like that help or assistance from ADP is a phone call away.
ConsI wish the hold time when I call for assistance wasn't so long. I also wish there would be a last contact log for supervisors or admin to write in notes.
Margaret C.
Payroll and Benefits Manager
Consumer Services, 201-500 employees
August 27, 2019

“2+ User of ADP/WorkForceNow”

OverallThe most significant benefit for our organization is the reduction of paper flying between facilities. As our managers have become more and more comfortable with WFN we've been able to move away from paper to electronic delivery and processing. The biggest time saver, and I believe improvement in communication, has been using the on line time off request function. This year end we will also be implementing electronic delivery of W2s.
ProsWFN is, for the most part, intuitive for day to day operations. Time clock adjustments, change of status, report production -- the daily interaction and typical use is easy to learn and to train on. When I have a problem or something I'm not familiar with customer service support, especially the reporting group, is very patient and helpful.
ConsThe constant "updates" cause problems. It seems these are done over weekends so when I come in on Monday it's not uncommon to run into unexpected delays; what worked on Friday doesn't work Monday morning. As an example, the most recent update required a code for Health Care Eligibility Date in the Tax Section of the New Hire module. It was impossible to locate this code and required a call to customer service. Unfortunately my account manager was only vaguely familiar with this new requirement and it took about 20-minutes on the phone to work out what was needed, the 'why' of the need and what the random code signified is still not clear. The frequency of the updates along with the scope make it difficult to keep up.
Kathryn M.
HR/Payroll Administrator
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
February 16, 2017

“ADP Review”

OverallI have been using ADP in my current role since July 2016, this is my first exposure to ADP. I am in charge of payroll and employee data within ADP. The application takes a little getting used to but I do find it fairly user friendly. I took advantage of the online courses right away and got certified in HR/Payroll/Time and Attenance early one. This really help get a better understanding of the system. One area I have struggled with is Performance Management, specifically getting reviews up and running in ADP. The process is a bit disjointed. For those of us with no "programming" background, it would be more user friendly to have this all be one process. The process of building approval paths should be part of setting up the performance management module. I also found the training on this particular topic to have the same disjointed feeling. You have to take the workflow training and the performance management training and the figure out how to merge the information to get the module up and running. This is definitely an area I see that could use some improvment. In order to really make this a comprehensive platform, it needs to be user friendly and this is the one area I have encountered that is not. I have seen ADP make several enhancements over the last 7 months, I am holding out hope that this will be coming soon. One other area of minor concern is customer support. There is inconsistency on how knowledgeable the customer service representatives are. When I call in I never know if I am going to get the person who knows exactly how to help me, or can ask the right questions to figure out the best course of action. Or, if I am going to get the representative who seems to be lacking the basic understanding of ADP and how to address customer questions. End users rely on the voice at the other end of the line being the expert. When the representatives knowledge seems to be less than the end users, confidence in the product can erode.
ProsMost transactions are easy and intuative. The "one stop shopping" for HR/Payroll needs. Availability of online training. Updated payroll dashboard is very helpful.
ConsPerformance Management is cumbersome to set up. I find the message center clumsy.
February 16, 2017
Hannah W.
Payroll Department Supervisor
Retail, 51-200 employees
February 9, 2017

“Going on 2 years as a satisfied customer.”

OverallADP's WorkforceNow platform has made a significant difference in our daily payroll and reporting process. The benefits and ACA tracking alone saves us hundreds of hours a year and keeps us inline for compliance in these areas. The platform is easy to use and when something new is needed the Customer Service Center is always available to walk us through the process or set up training if needed. Maintenance is scheduled during late evening hours so there is never an inconvenience to our business and I have yet to encounter a system glitch or problem, which is a great comfort. We operate in multiple States with multiple local tax jurisdictions and ADP's WorkforceNow platform, customer service website and Client Services team streamlines the set up and additions that we need regularly. The paydata batches are easy to set up and use and the avalibility of making employee changes while working on a payroll is very helpful. You can click on an employee while in the payroll paydata sheet, give a raise increase, change tax withholding, or change a work location and click right back to the payroll paydata sheet and continue. This is a great function that we use constantly. I have a great many reasons to be thankful that my company uses ADP's WorkforceNow and I highly recommend it.
ProsEasy of use, availability of training and helpful customer service.
ConsWould like to see standard and sample reports have explanations. You have to open each report to see if it is what you are looking for and this can be time consuming. A brief explanation of what the report covers or a snapshot template of what the report run looks like would be helpful.

By ADP on February 13, 2017
Hannah - thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review of our WFN product/service. We value your feedback, and I will take your suggestions on reporting to our development team. If I can ever be of assistance to you, please don't hesitate to reach out. lori.wilmot@adp.com. Thank you for being a loyal ADP client.
Susan F.
Payroll Adminstrator
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1001-5000 employees
February 9, 2018

“ADP Workforce Now”

OverallADP will always be my preferred payroll software of choice.
ProsI have used ADP software for nearly 3 decades and have experienced its growth and expansion. The software is the most user friendly and easiest to learn and for the most part is designed to conducive to the needs of payroll professionals. ADP always seems to be looking for the best ways to tackle a complex software system which includes so many aspects, taxes on Federal, State and Local levels, benefits, time and attendance, not to mention payroll itself and all of the important laws and calculations. It is very important for payroll professionals and their companies to trust an outsourcing software and company to guard them from error, mistakes and penalties. ADP accomplishes better than anyone else in their industry.
ConsIn July 2017, ADP adopted a new customer service model which has been very poor. Understanding that they need time to work out the kinks, however it has been 8 months and I would still rate the system quite poor.

By ADP on February 12, 2018
Susan - Thank you for providing a detailed review of our WFN product. We truly appreciate your feedback on our new service model. We are continuing to evolve our model and are invested in making the experience a stellar one for our clients. I have asked a member of our Client Loyalty team to reach out to you directly to get more detailed feedback on what is working for you and what changes you would like to see in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need any assistance. Lori.wilmot@adp.com
February 9, 2018
Steve F.
IT Specialist
Consumer Services, 51-200 employees
September 26, 2019

“If you have to track your employees time and attendance and manage payroll...”

Overall- I am only a user and I can only comment on my usage for logging-on, punch-in's and punch-out's and creating time reports for myself. - I know that the system is used to track time for submission to ADP who then generates paychecks and direct deposits.
Pros- It is easy to use once you navigate around a bit. - It allows you to create reports for yourself of the time you put in. - Reports are acceptable to Social Security for compliance verification. - There is an APP for smartphones.
Cons- Sometimes, if you go to a particular screen or function, it is difficult to find your way back to the screen that you started from. - The browser "back" function does not work as you would expect. - Sometimes it warns you that it cannot run because there is another active instance, even though you have signed-off and closed the tab earlier. - It may require the complete clearing of your browser cache to fix previous problem. - It forces you to change your password at regular intervals, even if you don't want to. - If you have trouble entering your password, it will invalidate your account and force you to use the password reset process. - If you forget your password, the process to reset it is cumbersome, finicky and prone to failures or rejections. - It remember too many previously used passwords when changing passwords. - It determines new password validity based on previous passwords and use of similar new passwords is very strict and often denied.
September 26, 2019
Matt P.
CFO
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
August 6, 2019

“Built for the large company in mind”

OverallOverall is works well. UI is rather dated vs a the PayChex platform I have used before. It does everything we need which is nice but it does a whole lot more (geared to larger companies) and all of that extra functionality can really get in the way when navigating through the system. We came from a PEO so these minor drawbacks are far outweighed by the money we saved in fees. Onboarding was long but we had someone from ADP with us the entire time.
ProsSignificantly less expensive then PEO platform Ability to do everything you want (payroll, onboarding, reviews etc)
ConsUI is a bit dated Rather complicated with all the functionality - again built for large companies that will use it for a variety of items not jus typical payroll, onboarding etc.
Robin B.
Admin Assistant - Finance
E-Learning, 201-500 employees

“WFN Review”

OverallI have almost 20 years experience using ADP - paper, several versions of Enterprise, and WFN. The system has a lot of plusses, but I miss some functionality I had with the older version - my biggest 'loss' is the ability to 'hover' over a field and get the field name used for reports. Cust Service seems to be out sourced now, calling in for support is hit or miss - I prefer speaking to someone locally who is an expert on the product, instead of someone reading prompts from a script. Still better than other products - but since changing from a company that was an ADP national account to a smaller company using a regional account, there is a definite difference in support. I don't think my new company was guided well in setting up their product - they had no experience with ADP, and didn't know what to ask. New regional rep (Anthony) has been very helpful, as well as the experts at the ADP conference last fall.
ProsReputation, reliability, convenience
Consversion updates/changes can be frustrating - you learn a product and get used to it's functions, and they change how it works. REALLY would like to get back the ability to hover over a field and find the field name used in Custom Reports - total time waster having to search for something either in the pdf file or through the thousands of choices in the catalog.

By ADP on February 13, 2017
Robin - Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product/service. I am sorry your experience has been inconsistent. We have not outsourced any part of our Customer Service, but we do provide support within and outside of the US. Please reach out to me. I would love the opportunity to assist you with whatever you need. lori.wilmot@adp.com
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
March 13, 2019

“I've used ADP WorkforceNow for the past 15 years, over three jobs...and it keeps getting better!”

OverallI really appreciate the stability and ease-of-use with ADP WorkforceNow. I know that no matter where I work, as long as they use ADP WorkforceNow, I already know how to handle my needed administrative tasks. Whether I need to request new time off, see my paycheck or set up my benefits, I know that I can get my needed tasks taken care of in as few clicks as possible, so that I can quickly get back to my job. I would recommend ADP WorkforceNow to anyone that needed a robust HR admin software system.
ProsI've been using ADP WorkforceNow for payroll and tax information for the past 15 years and I'm constantly impressed with how seamless the ease of use is. I have my account set up to receive an e-mail when my paycheck is available, and it's reassuring to know that that e-mail will be there around midnight on payday. The last two places that I've worked have also used ADP WorkforceNow for time off requests and Benefits setup. The time off request process is so straight forward and it is easy to manage my requests. I can put new requests in and manage (delete or edit) existing requests with just a couple of clicks. Using ADP WorkforceNow has taken one less stressor out of managing my paycheck and time off requests at my workplace. Also, the Benefit setup process is streamlined and easy to go as fast or as slow as needed in order to make sure I'm making the right decisions for my circumstances.
ConsAt my previous job, any approved time off requests would be sent to my calendar as a meeting request from ADP WorkforceNow. This was a great feature, as it automatically blocked my calendar for me. That feature does not seem to be available at my current company and it would be nice if it was just standard, no matter what company used the software.
March 13, 2019
Linda P.
Director of Finance
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

“Great system”

ProsCustomer Service, knowledge of staff, functionality, integration with general ledger system
ConsThere really isn't anything from my perspective that i do not like about ADP.
Kary W.
Business Support Manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

“ADP Workforce Now”

OverallThe time to process payroll was tremendously reduced. The ACA measurement period piece helps you to identify who and when to offer benefits, And LOVE that you have a person assigned to company that you can directly contact for issues and support.
ProsEasy of use., accuracy, development, customization, ACA Reporting, validating direct deposits.
ConsPurged employees not being able to edit, Not being able to add local taxes without creating a new employee number or transferring them, and not having access to tax support- only being able to upload documents and wait for responses.
Lanita P.
Government Relations, 51-200 employees
August 28, 2019

“One Stop Shop!”

OverallMy experience has been fantastic! Compared to what we had before, it's so much better because I have the reporting capabilities I never had before and in HR, you run a lot of reports. I've never had a question that ADP didn't have an answer for so I've learned a lot!
ProsWorkforceNow is a one-stop-shop! You can enter new hire information, scan in certificates, track and report on any needed data, process payroll, go paperless, robust HRIS system, amazing customer service, and this is just to name a few!
ConsI have employees who earn a salary and also earn an hourly wage. This seems to be difficult for the system to calculate and is a manual process for me.
August 28, 2019
Lauren S.
Leasing Agent
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
August 12, 2019

“Convenient & EASY time and pay management!”

OverallIt saves my HR, payroll, and managers a ton of time due to us employees having access to our time cards. We are able to log in, adjust punch in/out times and add, edit, and delete notes from our time cards. We are in control and that takes a lot of stress off their shoulders. Overall, ADP WorkforceNow has saved us a lot of time, stress, and upset. HIGHLY recommend.
Pros#1 - the ease of use. It's one of the easiest sites to navigate that our team uses. Even when I first started using the site, I was able to find my way around easily and didn't experience any confusion. When I had to print off pay stubs and other documents, I found them within seconds and was able to print them off easily. Everything is stored and organized for you, no need to move things around manually. I love this site. #2 - the app! I downloaded the app so that I could easily access my time cards and make notes for payroll when needed. Also I wanted to be able to view my paychecks before they were deposited into my account. I can do all of this and more on the app! It's visually appealing, simple to use, and is free to download! I love this app an site. I'm so grateful for it and look forward to using it for years to come. Thanks WorkforceNow!
ConsAt times, the site can be slow to load. This can be affected by slow wi-fi or being in a dead zone, however there have been times that I've got great connection, I've cleared my internet cache, everything is updated, and it still runs slow. This is rare, however, and has never deterred me from using the site/app. I still love everything about ADP - no other complaints, and still highly recommend.
August 12, 2019
Coco D.
Payroll Director / Sr Accountant
Staffing and Recruiting, 201-500 employees
December 11, 2018

“WorkforceNow is Progressive”

OverallEasy to stop payments or do check reversals. Easy for an employee to sign in to their employee self serve. The initial onboarding is not an easy process for a new hire. There are too many steps for a new hire to do on their own and it's very time consuming. To circumvent this, we initiate the signing in so the new hire may then go in and finish any information required and change their online password.
ProsOne of it's most useful feature it the effective date. It allows you to enter information affecting a future date not yet being paid. Once you understand how it works and know its few limitations (can't enter automatic deductions for a future new hire) you get to appreciate the this time saving feature. ADP is constantly improving features and provides resources for your payroll documentation from Payroll Register to State Tax Filing using easy to download and search features.
ConsBelieve it or not ,sometimes it's the changes. You get used to a set process and when ADP changes something it's usually better but there's an adjustment period to become familiarized with the new process. The good thing is that if there's something you are having problems with or feel that it can be improved, you can voice your concern and they will take it into account when upgrading the system.
December 11, 2018
Darla A.
Payroll Accountant
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

“Administrators”

OverallOverall experience for me has improved tremendously. I'm learning daily shortcuts, reports that can assist me etc..
ProsThe software has been a big help to me, considering I went from paper timecards to being automated. It's definitely cut my workload in half. As the Payroll Administrator I'm the only individual doing Payroll for 360 employees.
ConsThe training for Workforce Now was a little overwhelming in the beginning, but as I became more familiar with the product I felt more comfortable. The Updates are another annoyance I have. Once I become familiar with a procedure or a format, the update will change all of that. Sometimes for the better sometimes not.
LISTA Z.
HR Analyst
Wholesale, 501-1000 employees
March 13, 2018

“WFN is very easy to use. It is very clear to find what you want.”

Overallhelps us to streamline the payroll process.
ProsI like the ACA portal. very easy to trouble shoot and understand what is going on. when i did ACA for entire organization, i could do uploads which helps a lot. I like easy access for preview payroll report. i like under the benefits plan set up, the federal limit is set up such as HSA family limit.
ConsEtime is a little bit out of date and not easy to use for admin. a lot if things do not make sense. for example, you cannot put punches for employee's hire day, if the hire day is the first day of the pay period; schedule and punches are on separate lines. For payroll, you cannot preview by individuals. for example, I put adjustment deduction for Ana and only want to preview for her but you cannot. you have to preview the whole company and download the register report and search to find her. it is too much work. It is also too many clicks if you want to switch from personal profile to employment profile. sometime, i am check state tax withholding and would like to see the person's home address. you literally need to click 3 times and find out and click back. there should be a shortcut button somewhere, so that it is easy to switch by single click. To Date Accumulators is not clear and easy to use. this should be simple YTD report is not easy to run in ADP. there should a standard report for YTD earning, & deduction.
Maria S.
201-500 employees
March 13, 2018

“I've used ADP for over 25 years and they are constantly upgrading the software so benefit the user. ”

OverallI am new to this company but prior to this company I also used Workforce Now and used, IReports and IPay and WGPS. Within the last 6 months I have implemented IPay, IReports and WGPS with my current employer. My team in Texas has also implemented these products with my direction.
ProsThe software is easy to use and user friendly. ADP is constantly changing for the better and makes the user's life less stressful. I love the new Workforce Now with the immediate previews and how you can add schedules or change them. I love when I get a SUI change that I can go in myself and add the new rates. I love IPay and I Reports and I know I am going to love IArrive. Now employees can go in and change the taxes and direct deposits on their own. ADP's customer service is A1, fantastic, awesome and so on. I have used the Bridge several times and thoroughly love it.
ConsI recently got a credit in my payroll account and I wasn't sure what it was for. I looked on Workforce Now in the banking and taxes section and could not find a place that would tell me what the credit was for. I called ADP's customer service and of course once again was able to help me immediately. It would be nice if there was a way to see what the credit was on the website.
Victor R.
Project Manager, HR Support
Philanthropy, 51-200 employees
February 9, 2017

“ADP Can Bring Your HR & Payroll Systems Together, All In One Place”

OverallI always say I love ADP's features and functionality. ADP Workforce Now allows us to take the business forward as the HR environment also goes cloud based. The features are rich and engaging which makes it very simple for anyone who has never utilized ADP Workforce Now to be able to easily adapt. Everything from payroll systems, to benefits enrollments, and talent development (including performance reviews and recruitment) can all be brought into one place under one program and under one login. For medium to large size companies ADP Workforce Now is definitely a good way to go, especially if the business is trying to bring everything under one program or platform instead of utilizing several vendors/programs for multiple services, for example, a separate vendor for payroll, a separate vendor for an HRIS (Human Resources Information System) or a separate vendor for an ATS (Applicant Tracking System).
ProsFeatures and Functionality Ease of use Innovative platform Engaging and visually appealing
ConsCost, it comes at a fairly large cost Not all inclusive from the standard Every feature requires a payment to set up (i.e. HR is separate setup fee than Payroll, etc.) Every feature or "module" is a separate "Implementation Specialist" which can get to be confusing

By ADP on February 13, 2017
Victor ¿Thank you for providing such a detailed and insightful review of our WFN product. It is great to see that you take advantage of all the features and functionality WFN has to offer.
Publishing, 501-1000 employees
August 6, 2019

“ADP is a great tool for businesses”

OverallReally happy overall.
ProsADP is a great tool for companies to use for their employees. Not only can you find all the important documents you need in one place, but you also get perks with ADP. Even if you leave a company ADP will still show you your pay stubs and tax info later on. Sometimes businesses add certain qualities to ADP, so be sure to make what you have on the platform clear. I have gotten many great perks and coupon codes from ADP for car rentals, movie tickets and outings.
ConsCustomer service is slow, if non existent. If you have an issue it is guaranteed to take you more then 48 hours to solve.
Michael K.
Senior Talent Manager
Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees
April 11, 2019

“Makes HR and people needing HR very easy!”

OverallI don't have ADP Workforce now anymore, my company changed tools recently. I miss ADP Workforce Now, it was so easy to on-board, customer service is top notch, and you have a personal representative to contact if you do need help or have an issue.
ProsI like how easy and dependible ADP Workforce Now is to use. It's available via mobile application or desktop, it organizes all of your paystubs, w2 tax forms, withholding and insurance. One thing ADP Workforce Now does better than any other tool, is the vacation and benefit accrual tool. It accurately show how much vacation you've accrued, how, many HSA dollar you and the company have contributed and how to plan for other perks your company offers. Even if you switch to a different company, you can always go back to ADP Workforce now to get important tax information for employment verification, loans, etc.
ConsThe one think I don't necessarily like is the UI. There are a lot of option when trying to find what you are looking for and can be difficult to distinguish if it's a personal or a company item. This is me nitpicking, but I found myself a few times trying to get to a specific accrual request and having trouble locating it.
April 11, 2019
Kurt B.
Senior Accountant
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
July 25, 2017

“The ADP software is great, but the customer support is hard to navigate.”

OverallThe software is definitely easier than trying to manage everything in-house, and I've never had a problem with tax filings in the 2+ years I've been working with ADP, which is awesome!
Pros*The software seems to work well on the employee side of things--employees are able to easily clock in and out and only rarely experience interruptions. *As an admin, the updated WFN is easier for me to navigate through and make changes in than the older iteration was.
Cons*Review of timesheets by supervisors is time-consuming at best and a literal fight with the computer at worst. *Customer support only completely solves the problem I call in about roughly 65% of the time. The remaining 35% of the time, I have to help guide the ADP specialist through the steps that need to be taken to solve my issue. *Functionality that we used was removed during the switch to ADP WFN--use of notes on non-worked lines in timesheets, password resets only work sometimes, certain reporting functions, and the timesheets are much more clunky to navigate in now.

By ADP on July 26, 2017
Kurt - Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product. We offer many training solutions that may help you with our software in the future. I would love to provide you the appropriate resoureces. Please feel free to reach out: anthony.woodard@adp.com
Tonya S.
Sr Analyst, Accounting
Legal Services, 11-50 employees

“Excellent Payroll Software”

OverallThe portability of this service makes it very convenient to take care of anything outside of the office as needed. Some of the latest updates have really improved the workflow of the software. Processing payroll, starting new cycles and manual checks have become more and more streamlined. New hires are also improved, the process is much more intuitive.
ProsWe have chosen the "withhold & submit" features with the payroll taxes, which eliminates the need for tracking and submission on our end. It works perfectly every time.
ConsThe PTO is not flawless as it should be. We provided our policies and had those setup in the beginning, but there always seems to be a different field or "trigger" that does not correctly calculate PTO. It will either award time to people who have not earned it or vice versa. I would like to see improvements here.
Angelika C.
HR & Payroll Manager
March 14, 2018

“I love ADP workforce to maintaining our employee records, payroll and all that is has to offer!!! ”

OverallI would like to start by saying that I truly love the system and the support that is has provided be in my everyday job. But if there is one thing that I believe could be improved on is the ease of customizing your own reports.
ProsThe aspect of this software that I like the most if the actual layout of the program and ease of use. The program is very easy to navigate and organized. Also the customer service that comes with the software is impeccable! Whenever you call into ADP there are reps there eager to assist you and the wait time is usually very minimal that is does not interrupt your whole day to fix one issue. Another part of this software that I like the most is the time and attendance piece. On our previous system we would always have problems when the weather was bad or had a power outage or for some undetermined reason the time clocks would not work or need to be reboot. But with the time and attendance with ADP and the time clocks that they have provided I have not had one problem in the last three years which is also the amount of time we have had the time and attendance system... which has been a dream compared to our previous system.
March 14, 2018
Yuri P.
Director Of Operations And Business Development
Events Services, 1-10 employees
July 28, 2019

“Workforcenow for productivity”

OverallIt helped us to deal with HR matters effectively so that we could see everything with detailed info.
ProsCustomization with it is incredible. Reporting features add more value to the software and as well increases the productivity. Pricing is quite reasonable. Mobile version does really well unlike its peers.
ConsCustomer service should be upgraded. The software could be better integrated other platforms. I would like to see changes immediately because sometimes I have sign out and sign in to see changes.
July 28, 2019
Carmen S.
August 1, 2017

“too many upgrades that sometimes change fields”

ProsIt's an online software and it is faster to reject payroll before transmitting it. I do like the option to cancel or void a check without calling ADP and having the option to upload information.
ConsContinue upgrades. I'm getting tired of all the changes that sometimes instead of speeding the process it slow it down, it seems it can not get straight. I do not like the report section and of course it is annoying not to have the options to add the fields I want when creating batches. I have to use the fields that someone decided are the fields needed to create batches. I do not like at all that when I click on People (Personal information, employment or pay) the first employee in alphabetical order shows up or the last employee I was working on pops up. I'd like to have the option to select an employee without having on the screen the information of the first employee or the last one I was working on

By ADP on August 2, 2017
Carmen - Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product. I am sorry you are not satisfied with our current upgrade. I certainly don't want that to happen, and would love to connect you with the appropriate resources to help you in the future. Please feel free to reach out: anthony.woodard@adp.com
August 1, 2017
Patricia D.
Assistant Controller
Commercial Real Estate, 51-200 employees
July 25, 2017

“ADP WFN is a great piece of software, and ADP has wonderful customer service.”

OverallThis software allowed us to incorporate T&A, payroll and benefits into one piece of software. This allows HR and payroll to work more seamlessly together. We generate less paperwork, because property supervisors now submit one report for payroll, instead of multiple pieces of paper showing hours, time off, etc.
ProsThis software is capable of handling all aspects of our payroll. The payroll GL interface works wonderfully and saves a lot of time each pay period. ADP's customer service is excellent. Customer service is able to rectify most issues with the first phone call.
ConsThe software is so expansive and we utilize several different modules. So some of the steps for processing payroll are not linear. This makes training a new user a challenge. Example, if an employee wants to be paid out 40 hrs of vacation. We have to add those hours to the paydata batch after pulling over time cards. It could be put in it's own batch as well. But then, we need to remember to change the time off balances in T&A manually. So the thing I like least about the software, is payroll is not an easy step-by-step process.

By ADP on July 25, 2017
Patricia - Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product.I am glad you are discovering many of the software's unique features. I would be more than happy to connect you with the appropriate resources to help you with some of your issues. Please feel free to reach out: anthony.woodard@adp.com
Luella W.
Global Payroll/Benefits Manager
Telecommunications, 501-1000 employees
May 11, 2017

“ADP Workforce Now Works”

OverallI use ADP for payroll in both US & Canada, currently WFN works much better in the US. Canada is still using an old backend payroll system with the WFN front side so it does not work as smooth as it should. There are going to be Pros and Cons for any system you choose, there is no system that is going to be 100% perfect. Every company has to make their own decision based on their own needs. I've done a number of implementations with different products, and have been happy with the software choice each time based on the needs. There is going to be good and bad with any software that you choose. I've been happy with the service that I have received from ADP and the performance of WFN, yes their could be improvements and of course cost could always be less but what company doesn't want to save money if they can. All in all I don't think that you can go wrong with WFN, just make sure that you understand your company needs and that ADP understands your needs, I cannot stress this enough.
ProsWide range of capability Available in other countries Ease of Use Quick payroll turnaround when needed Can log in from anywhere Quick and detailed preview prior to finalizing payroll At a glance dashboard ADP is responsive to feedback on Improvements
ConsGetting direct contact with Tax Filing is difficult Reporting capabilities is good but not great I miss Crystal Reports Don't have the ability to write a SQL query directly against the database Would like to see per employee cost come down

By ADP on May 18, 2017
Hi Luella ¿ Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review of our WFN product/service. We appreciate your review and your business. If there is anything I can assist you with at ADP, please don¿t hesitate to reach out. Lori.wilmot@adp.com
May 11, 2017
Zenaida P.
Controller
Law Practice, 51-200 employees
September 3, 2019

“ADP- the number one payroll software for me.”

OverallOur employees complained that they want to be able to view their pay statements on their mobile device instead of getting the hard copy. ADP gave me the solutions to this issue. ADP implemented a system called iReports. Employees can now view their Pay Statements on a secure web site.
ProsADP software is a user friendly software. My payroll processing is always done with ease and comfort. ADP has the solutions to all my payroll issues that needed resolving. It also gives you a warning if your entries are incomplete or it needs correcting.
ConsThe least I like about this software is, if you keep it idle for more than half an hour or more, it will boot you out of the program.
September 3, 2019
Greg B.
Textiles, 51-200 employees
December 5, 2018

“Review of ADP Workforce Now System”

ProsI have found the software to be very intuitive and user friendly. Over the past year i have transitioned from a more solely managerial role to dealing with hands on clerical tasks daily. Through downsizing within our company I lost my HR administrative assistant whom had always handled the payroll data entry. Becoming the person now responsible for producing and submitting the three monthly payrolls meant I had to learn and pick up the routine duty in a short amount of time. The ADP Workforce Now software made my transition very easy. The customer service support staff has also been exceptional at those rare times I have needed to speak with a representative for additional information or guidance.
ConsMy only negative feelings came earlier on in my use of the system. Initially, I found some of the page design layouts to be a little frustrating; however, over the past year through updates and modifications by ADP, those frustrations have been eliminated. I am very pleased with its current design and find using the product very easy.
December 5, 2018
Larissa R.
Oil & Energy, 501-1000 employees
August 27, 2019

“Robust always evolving system”

OverallPaperless onboarding and electronic document storage make finding necessary documents for auditors a breeze and are very easy to setup. The work number helps cut down on the number of VOE's and they are constantly adding new things to their marketplace which integrate easily with ADP.
ProsIf you can dream it up ADP can do it and there will be frequent releases of improvements based on the feedback you provide!
ConsSometimes the system is glitchy when an improvement is about to be released
Events Services, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
June 18, 2019

“Workforce for small businesses”

OverallWIth workforcenow, we established communication between work staff and seniors (team leaders, division directors, and HR representatives)
ProsThe interface is simple and user-friendly. Sharing reports function helps to work in collaboration as a team.
ConsPricing of the software is not easy to afford. Updates on Page Layout Changes do not contribute in a better way.
June 18, 2019
Natalie R.
Accounting
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
July 25, 2017

“This is very user friend and updates are efficient and easy to understand.”

OverallAn easy to use interface to handle everything from time clock punches to ACA reporting. There are so many great tools to utilize, that I don't think I'm taking advantage of all of them.
ProsEase of processing payroll. Time cards are easy to read and managers can understand it. A lot of good reporting options. Employees like that they can access their payroll info online as well The ADP support time is well trained and can usually resolve issues right away. The Bridge is a great tool for quick answers
ConsNot enough options in the new hire wizard to complete without having to go back into the profile and add more information. Also, Oregon has a Portland tri-met tax that should've been set up as a local tax when we started. This has to be added manually to every new hire. It should be part of the tax withholding in the new hire wizard. It freezes every time when you bring an archived employee back to active. Our manager in our 2nd building (onsite) cannot access ADP from his computer. The vac/sick rules do not always follow what we initially set up. Hopefully this is fixed now.

By ADP on July 26, 2017
Natalie - Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product. I would love to help connect you with the appropriate resources to assist with your tax filing issue. Please feel free to reach out: anthony.woodard@adp.com
Paige W.
Business Ops Analyst/Payroll Specialist
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

“ADP Review”

OverallIt's fairly excellent minus a few glitches.
ProsThe interface and dedication to upgrading the product regularly to make sure we're getting the most use out of it. I love the SmartCompliance section as well.
ConsThe regular maintenance updates and lack of notifying us-- causing some glitches on payroll day. There need to be some more tweaks with the termination wizard. It would be nice if there was also a new hire wizard similar to that of term wizard (for first pays).