Gate Sentry Ratings

Overall

About Gate Sentry

Gate Sentry is the next generation in visitor management! Cloud based mobile applications link hosts directly to security and eliminate outdated paper logs and expensive hardware. Hosts manage their own guest list in real-time and receive automatic visitor arrival notifications, providing the most accurate visitor tracking available. Using hybrid-cloud technology, Gate Sentry even works without power or internet connectivity ... truly the next generation in visitor management! Learn more about Gate Sentry

Jennifer A.
Property Manager
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
May 24, 2018

“The ultimately secure way to ensure you know who's on your property, and that they belong there. ”

OverallSo far with all of the gate software products that I have used, I have found this product to be the most efficient, most user friendly model I have used to date. I will continue to use the software for my property.
ProsThis software is so easy to manage. With this program you are able to manage who comes on and off your property immediately so you get less calls from security. You can even customize your list for temporary guests and permanent guests and it updates immediately so your and your security team will be on the same page. You can even add and delete users at any time directly from your cell phone which is GREAT if you have a vendor that needs access but you're not available at the property. You can also view the history at any time. Another great feature is that when a guest shows up that you've been waiting for, you will be notified right away. This program really helps you to stay up to date with visitors, vendors, and also your permanent guests.
ConsThis is a really great program so there's very little that I dislike about the software. I would like it if they were able to come up with a few more levels of security for certain users to be able to perform certain fuctions vs. having just a couple levels of administration. IF they could incorporate a user level and you could click exactly which functions you would like those specific users to preform, it would be very helpful. Please note that if this software already has this function, I am having a hard time finding it.
May 24, 2018
Hemant P.
IT Manager
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed

“Well thought out”

OverallOverall a nice product that allows us to easily add and remove guests visiting our house in a gated community.
ProsI am part of an HOA that uses Gate Sentry to manage visitors into our gated community. I like the fact that I can have separate areas for my guest (temporary or permanent) and vendors that visit my house. I do like getting notifications on my phone when guests have been cleared by the Security guards to enter our community.
ConsThere have been 2 occasions when all of my guest and vendors disappear. I am not sure if it is a issue with Gate Sentry or my HOA/Security company deleting everything. There doesn't seem to be a way to backup your guest lists to recall them in this event.
Rushi B.
Banking, 5001-10,000 employees

“Ok if used right”

OverallThis would be a good service if security gate personnel used it correctly. Often I would add a guest but security didn't bother to see if they were on the list and would call me anyway to ask if the guest should be let in, basically rendering the app useless. If used correctly, the service is useful.
ProsIt provides an easy way to add guests for your permanent list as well as temporarily for certain dates. Also nice to receive notifications when guests arrive at the gate.
ConsGuests listed on my permanant list would occassionally disappear. Customer Service was unable to help.
Robert H.
Construction, 1-10 employees
August 27, 2019

“Construction Owner for a new Build”

ProsIt's nice to know who is visiting our site, when the arrive. I believe it helps with theft and risk. It's also a permanent record of days we were on-site.
Consno issues. I did not have any cons.
Benny F.
Retail, 11-50 employees

“Gate Sentry Review”

ProsEasy to use, you can add temporary or permanent guests.
ConsNothing. It works easily. Maybe you could add a photo ID next to the name for the gate people
David W.
MIS Manager
Financial Services, 10,001+ employees
September 5, 2019

“Great Software for a Neighborhood ”

OverallIt's a great app!
ProsI like the ability to allow guests access and enter my vendors in one application. It is easy to use the software.
ConsActually the software does what I need it to do. If I could have more information on who to contact in my neighborhood association, that would be a good enhancement.
September 5, 2019
Jeremy M.
Sales Consultant
Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

“Gate Sentry Review”

OverallNo issues with the features available
ProsYou can make real-time updates for the guards also using the system, and their doesn't appear to be latency.
ConsIt would be nice if it were linked to the call box to speak with a guest or see a guest, then authorize their entry with a button on the app.
LaKeisha B.
Recruiter
Defense & Space, 10,001+ employees

“Great Product ”

ProsI love the fact that I can easily go in and add temporary guests to our list. And when adding them, I can set up an expiration date so to speak so that I don't have to go back in and remove them.
ConsOther than the user log in name being case sensitive, that's my only complaint.
robert j.
sales
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees

“Excellent”

Prosease of use, lets tou know who has gained entry. You can place ans removw visitors on the list easily
Consnothing. everything is good. i would like to see a reporting feature at user level
Garrett M.
Marketing Coordinator
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees
August 27, 2019

“Great App, a little clunky”

OverallOverall my experience with Gate Sentry has been a positive one. I would recommend the app to any community looking to improve their entry process.
ProsThe app is intuitive and reliable. It consistently notified me of a visitors entry to the neighborhood and adding visitors and vendors was easy.
ConsThe interface, while easy to use, is admittedly clunky and appears it could use a UI update.
Tyler B.
Sr Director
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
September 11, 2019

“Great”

OverallGreat
ProsEase of use. I like being able to add on the fly and see who was come in.
ConsAdding vendors is sometimes a hassle. Takes several clicks to get through the app. Should be simplified.
September 11, 2019
ROnaldo M.
Software Engineer
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees

“Gate Sentry Review”

ProsAlert us when visitors arrive giving us sense of security.
ConsSometimes our permanent list disappear, and the security guard has turn away people that was on my permanent list.
Heather B.
Product Manager
Real Estate, 5001-10,000 employees
August 31, 2019

“Gate Sentry Review ”

OverallGate Sentry fits our needs but the user experience feels clunky and slightly outdated. I do not understand why Vendors are massed through the neighborhood but that may be a future improve. Overall I think Gate Sentry should look into how modern applications create ease of use and custom elements for the end user.
ProsEasy to understand and learn. The native app is pretty stable so no issues with it logging me out from time to time. I like that it allows me to add visitors and contractors as both temporary and permanent so there is not a whole lot of need for re-entry.
ConsWhen I add a new vendor, I have to scroll to the very bottom of the existing neighborhood list which is very inconvenient. Our address is registered in Gate Sentry but for some reason our neighborhoods' gate guards cannot locate it all the time so they call us. The process for activating Gate Sentry as new residents was also confusing mostly because the person we initially contacted at the HOA management did not know what Gate Sentry was - it took us escalating to the community manager to resolve the issue.
August 31, 2019
Alan A.
Security and Investigations, 1-10 employees
February 18, 2019

“Absolute piece of garbage”

Overallnotifications are ok, when they arrive. Contacting the gate is another major problem.
Prosabsolutely nothing, more effort than it is worth
ConsLitle if any customer service, no one seems to know the system and why issues exist.

By Gate Sentry on June 6, 2019
Mr. Adelson, Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for Gate Sentry. We are happy that we were able to clarify the difference between our software and the guard service at your community. Since our support staff was able to resolve your questions in February and you have had more time to use our software, would you consider providing an update on just the software and not the other issues at your community entrance? We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to help you. Gate Sentry
February 18, 2019
Tekla B.
HOA Board
Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

“Good system ”

OverallEasy to implement
ProsEasy to navigate and create entries. I like the mobile app.
ConsWhen you add a vendor it would be easier if you could add without doing the search first. When you are the time for guests and vendors can we add a time range?
MARIELA C.
none
Legal Services, Self-employed

“Used for HOA purposes”

OverallMostly good.
ProsBeing able to add guests myself without the need to call security guard.
ConsAdding vendors was a bit of a hassle if they had not visited before.
Elena I.
Software Engineer
Computer Networking, 5001-10,000 employees

“Wonderful app”

ProsI dont need to worries about missing call from gate people. Can do everything on this app. Saving time
ConsEverything is good. Didnt find any issue