PastorsLine Ratings

Overall
4.3/5
3.8/5
4.7/5

About PastorsLine

PastorsLine, powered by Fluidm.in, is a cloud-based text and voice system for churches and ministries that allows you to easily build your database and engage with your members and visitors. You can manage and engage with your list on your desktop or mobile devices at a fraction of the time. We are passionate about reaching a dying world with the Good News of Jesus Christ. Learn more about PastorsLine

Brian F.

“Does more!”

OverallThe interactive nature of texting has increased the personal touch we provide to our congregation and guests. It's the natural way to communicate today and done in a natural, native way.
ProsPastorsLine does what other texting services don't or can't. The response by text feature is the best. Rather than sending a respondent to a form, PastorsLine can automate a conversation that happens by text to request and capture the info you want. You can also do surveys. You can use your own phone number. You can have unlimited keywords of your choosing. You can receive voicemail. You can use it to call numbers to broadcast voice messages. You can forward your main number to different numbers at any time. (Send the church calls to someone's cell phone.)
ConsIt's not as intuitive or simple to use at first as some other texting services geared towards churches. But it's a recognized weakness on their part and always improving; and once you get over the learning curve it's worth it. And the extra features make it an excellent value too.
Ashley H.
Assimilation Pastor
September 11, 2019

“The tool every church needs”

OverallPastorsLine has revolutionized the way we communicate with our church. I have coordinated an event with 400 volunteers using PastorsLine. Everyone was connected! I'm also using it to follow up with our guests. The programmable campaigns are immensely helpful in accomplishing this.
ProsThere are so many so I will list them: - Since we purchased PastorsLine a year ago, the team has been updating and improving the software, as well as informing customers of these improvements. - the App is awesome, easy to use, and many on our staff are utilizing the app to communicate with groups of people from wherever they are - amazing price and overall value
ConsI want to be able to filter the inbox for groups, not just numbers. Because we are a big organization, I am assigning different team members to monitor different groups within the same number. It is hard for them to do this without the filtering option. I also want to be able to "flag" texts in different ways, like assign them to team members that should respond because it deals with their area of ministry, for even to remind myself to follow up with certain ones

By PastorsLine on September 12, 2019
Appreciate the feedback. In our new HUB, we offer a few more options for filtering. Since we have a new structure, adding more logic for filtering is something that would be easier to be done. Highly recommend adding multiple numbers for each department so you can use the phone filtering we already offer. We have thought about creating a "support" add-on where you can assign conversations to different people. We have some designs on this called "notes". Coming in the upcoming months.
Jenn T.
Admin Assistant

“Great!”

OverallAt first we were barely using pastors line for only automated text info. Now we are using it for so much more. We use it to communicate, send out information, sign people up for things, send polls, make people feel special with automated birthday text. They do so much to help us reach our people and make them feel special and loved by us.
ProsWe use this software for almost a year now and recently we were thinking about changing but comparing them to another company... PastorsLine is a no brainer for us to stay with. They are the best at what they do and they have so many more options than other companies. We also love how quickly they respond and help us with our tedious questions, they are so great with us.
ConsThe number of follow up texts or the workflow. The way they have it set up is someone can send in a keyword and you would get the 1st automated text, then they can reply to that and have a 2nd follow up automated text and that's it. I would like to be able to have more.
Mike L.
Adult Ministries Pastor

“PastorsLine Review”

OverallPastorsLine has helped us make meaningful connections as well as communicate easily to people in our congregation.
ProsI love how easy PastorsLine is to use for first-time guest follow-up in our church. We collect data both digitally through PastorsLine as well as through a paper card. I've got a series of follow-up texts scheduled that has been super helpful for us in connecting with new people. I also love that they can reply directly to the text and I can have an exchange with them.
ConsThe features are fantastic but the interface is still a little wanting. They've been doing upgrades for the past year but the process to get to the end result seems a little slow.
Cody K.
Communications Director
September 16, 2019

“A great option for following up with text campaigns and still being able to do voice calls”

OverallWe've had a good experience with PastorsLine. We've hit a few bumps along the way, but the team is always ready to reach out and resolve issues quickly.
ProsI love that I can connect all of this software with Planning Center and use the two seamlessly. It makes automated follow up manageable and effective.
ConsI think the platform is a bit hard to get use too. The design could be more user friendly, but like with any new platform, after you learn it things become easier.
Chris L.
Worship & Communication Director

“PastorsLine”

OverallThe team have been great to work with. They've offered the opportunity to pilot programs that I asked for early on (our specific CHMS being a big one). They have helped us grow our ministry and our communication with members and first-time guests. I love the automation that we've been able to create to ensure things aren't 'slipping through the cracks'.
ProsWe started with PastorsLine early on. Their team has continued to grow the platform and focus on ease of use. It integrates with all of our systems that we had previously in place (MailChimp, our CHMS, PCO, and more). This is huge for us! They also provide great support.
ConsAs with anything that's growing, you have 'bugs' that you find once the software has updated. This is not a big issue for me for a couple of reasons. 1) If you're working to continue improving and listening to your customer feedback, this is just a natural part of system upgrades. 2) The bugs are always resolved quickly.
Ryan G.
IT Director
September 10, 2019

“Flexable and highly intuitive texting solution”

OverallWe are solving the issue have having manual processes to intake 1st time visitor and salvation information and being able to get that person talking to a Pastor as quick as possible.
ProsSome of the biggest reasons why we have stuck with PastorsLine is for its ability to use AI to make the conversation with a person on text seem like they are talking to a real person while collecting key information. We use this for our first time visitor process and many others to collect information such as names, emails, phone numbers. It then can take that information and put it into our existing ChMS platform. We can also love the fact that we can pull any group of people that are either are in a group or a process and send an automated text to them. This has streamlined several processes for us including 1st timers, salvation and interest in events.
ConsThe only downside to the software is that you have to use a full phone number to text inside of a shortcode.

By PastorsLine on September 11, 2019
We appreciate your review, Ryan. We have leased a shortcode and it's currently being provisioned. 8 - 12 weeks.
Stevan S.
July 16, 2019

“A Worthwhile Investment of Time and Money for Our Church”

OverallI have had nothing but success in using PastorsLine. Even as I'm writing this review, two more of our retired-age adults signed up to receive prayer request alerts from our church through our PastorsLine software!
ProsWe love the ability of sending out burst communications in seconds to a variety of groups and people. Communicating immediately via text message is just the solution we were looking for as a church staff.
ConsThe back-end of PastorsLine is continuing to evolve even as we're using it. The app and web-versions of the software are growing my leaps and bounds even in our time using it. There are times when I wish the process was complete and finalized.
July 16, 2019
Sean L.
September 20, 2019

“How to Get Your People to Text in Church”

OverallThe biggest solution we have found in PastorsLine is the real time, rapid communication with our teams and, especially, new guests to our church. We can now reach out to them within the same day we receive their information and let them know we are praying for them, grateful for their visit, and we offer them a chance to give us immediate feedback. It has been amazing how helpful it has been to stay connected and in communication through this platform
ProsIt really is a simple and easy to use way to communicate with your people and teams in the medium that is most used by them. Sending out a targeted text gets a much better response from those you are trying to reach and PastorsLine handles this simply and beautifully. Also, the usefulness of their app has been great. A simple interface to send and receive messages in the moment. In fact, the app was instrumental during disaster relief efforts in the wake of a tornado that impacted our church and our city. The app helped us locate and prioritize the people we helped in real time through team messages for identifying and reporting needs.
ConsThe integrations with other church management software platforms is a little cumbersome and sometimes slow. However, it works well. It does take some insight and sometimes help to get lists imported in and synced but once they're integrated it works great.
Josiah E.
Young Adults Pastor
September 16, 2019

“So Glad I Found PastorsLine”

OverallI love it! It's been wonderful. I've already got my friend to subscribe to PastorsLine and they are already using it for their church. I've recommended it to several different people and am using my influence in our San Diego region to get the word out more and more. I'm convinced this is a shift other people need to wake up to. (Random but, is there incentives for referring other people that sign up with PastorsLine?) :D
ProsThe price was right for the amount of messages I wanted to send out to my team. Everything else I found was far more expensive with other features that I didn't necessarily need or want to use. This has been perfect, and the app that comes along with it is simple and convenient. It's everything I need at just the right price.
ConsThere's a little bit of complexity on the back end. I feel like I'm not using all the functions to the best of their ability. Perhaps I'm still new enough that I haven't crossed all the t's or dotted all my i's with it yet...but I'm planning to endeavor deeper into all PastorsLine can do. I wish, I had a particular person that I could chat with on a consistent basis and ask some questions too regularly. Instead of talking about A BUNCH of things, it could be just handling one more thing to optimize what we are doing with our church here. I've had a little bit of that, but the more the merrier in my mind. We're shifting almost ALL our communication to a text/based service (PastorsLine) so...for all the communication going forth around here...it's a major shift for us.
Leona N.
Administrative Assistant, Spiritual Formation
September 13, 2019

“There's no need to whine, Pastorsline is fine!”

OverallWe have had greater engagement in our Growth Track spiritual formation process by adding the reminder invitations to each week with Pastorsline texting! Before we used Pastorsline we were only sending email reminders but people don't read their emails like they read their text messages.
ProsThat I can schedule text message reminders to a group of participants! I also like that it sync's with CCB-saving us time and minimizing duplications! In addition, it's super easy to send a text to an ad-hoc group of people.
Cons...that I am unable to add an "All of the Above" (5th option) to the Polling choices. Not being a millenial/super techie person, working with the Polling feature/Campaigns has been a bit tricky and not having a step by step instructions with screenshots for all aspects of Pastorsline has made learning the tool a bit challenging. For example, I am still struggling with how to set up Polling so it works seemlessly with an existing group (that doesn't require a Key Word) using the evergreen/date based triggers. I believe this is because the participants within my group change each week (which apparently disrupts the date feature). Finally and maybe what I like least is the messages that aren't relayed because of carrier blocking....I recognize this is not Pastorsline's fault but it is a huge limitation to our being able to send a link to all the participants who respond to a key word.
September 13, 2019
September 16, 2019

“Improvement over built-in CCB texting options”

OverallI feel strongly the team running PastorsLine cares about their clients, and seems to be honest about the "clunky" nature of the product, and is striving to improve. They are quick to respond when there is a problem, and keep us in the loop as the product evolves.
ProsSynchronization with CCB (Church Community Builder) is our primary reason for choosing this product. And the sync features work pretty well. The auto-respond features are useful, but very basic.
ConsThe user interface (both web based and phone app) is "clunky." It works most of the time, but the tool is always slow to refresh screens, and feels like I'm always waiting for it to catch up or respond. Development team has been working on a new interface for a long time, but in a year they still are working out the kinks of the beta interface. Auto-respond features can't be customized to synchronize with user defined fields, so they have limited use.
Thomas C.
August 1, 2018

“A great idea that is well on its way to great execution. ”

OverallThe combination of easily managed conversations and mass texting that is linked to our database enables SO much personal outreach during out new guest welcome process! This tool is the whole reason we can make it happen!
ProsI LOVE the mission of this product. It prioritizes engagement, rather than mass communication. I use it as a work phone number, essentially. But because it integrates with Church Community Builder, I can mass text a batch of people with personalized names and information. Then I get to spend my time having the conversations, not sending the texts. It even has the feel of a real person, because it's a 10-digit phone instead of a shortcode. It's enabled our church to prioritize personability as we've grown.
ConsIt is a newer product, so it's constantly getting better with functionality. Everything works, so that's not the problem - it just does not yet have the polish that we've all come to expect from lots of software. They make up for it with incredibly responsive support, consistent new features, and continual updates to design and functionality!
August 1, 2018
Daniel H.
Youth Pastor

“Pretty Good”

OverallIt gets the job done. I think the company is a good company that's headed in the right direction overall. They've been very responsive in the Facebook Group, and I think they are attentive to the needs of their users.
ProsIt functions as advertised. The scheduling feature works and sends follow-up texts.
ConsThe UI is a little difficult, both on the web and the app. The learning curve is mostly based on the UI being difficult and sometimes weird wording is used in places where easier or industry standard verbiage would be easier.
Bethany H.
Business Manager
September 26, 2019

“We are very happy we chose PastorsLine!”

OverallWe have been able to utilize the system with a relatively small amount of training, it does everything we need, and it come at a great price. Overall, we are very satisfied with PastorsLine and would recommend it to any other organization like ours looking for a mass texting option.
ProsIntegration with Planning Center (PCO); amazing customer support (who are also the creators, which is so cool!); great value for what you get; ability to assign credits and have multiple users/numbers associated with our organization; ability to have more than one administrator to manage the system; the automated campaigns from PCO option; new updates are frequent.
ConsWhatever it is lacking is being rolled out after periods of time, so overall nothing major. I think anything that we haven't been able to rectify like merging people into one person instead of two people with parts of the contact information (i.e., two Jane Does who are the same, but one with an e-mail and the other with the address and phone number), or deleting blocked or duplicate numbers in a bulk operation are probably due to our inability to have time to sit down and go through the proper training, not necessarily that it can't be fized.
Blair P.
Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees

“Great way to connect”

OverallThe product helps us connect with visitors, as well as people looking to grow and get more involved. I love that it's automated, but that I can also engage personally when needed. This product has definitely made us more effective at follow-up.
ProsOnce it's set up it's really simple and effective. People are familiar and comfortable with sending a text so it's a great way to connect with visitors or people considering your church. The website is fairly easy to navigate and the developer is always working on improving the product. I've spoken with him directly and he's really helpful.
ConsIt has a bit of a learning curve, but there is fantastic customer service to guide you through the initial set up. Honestly, if you're at all considering this service it's worth trying.
Matthew S.
September 17, 2019

“Great tool for communicating by text!”

OverallIt's been great- the customer service has always been quick to respond and very helpful!
ProsI like that this program integrates with Planning Center and can send automated texts.
ConsThe interface could still be cleaned up a bit. With the new update, it looks much better! There's just some small improvements that could be made (icons a bit blurry, text at the top looks a bit jagged, etc.)
Jenna L.
Communications Assistant

“Love PastorsLine!”

OverallOverall we have had a fabulous experience with PastorsLine. Their customer service is great and they always welcome the feedback we have for ways to improve the site. I love that they are continuing to add new levels of CCB integration.
ProsWhat we love most about this software is the ability it gives us to easily communicate with the people involved in our church. We started out using it as a tool to contact first-time guests and have seen our engagement level with them increase drastically. It's also a great tool to automate points of contact and we've even started using it as a method for event signup. Also, we love its compatibility with CCB. Without that integration, we would most likely not be using the software.
ConsI wouldn't say there's anything we dislike about the software. I would say that the layout and functionality of the website itself could be improved to become more user-friendly. It takes a bit to learn your way around and figure out how things work together.
Ali G.
Director of Children's Ministry
September 10, 2019

“Great for Church Communication!”

OverallPastorsLine has helped us figure out a way to easily connect with our new church guests. We are able to collect their data simply & quickly and get it organized. Overall, we have had a great experience with it and plan to keep using it.
ProsI like the many different options that come with PastorsLine. It is really geared toward ministry, so it works really well with what a church might want to use it for. Once you have used the different options a few times, it is easy to navigate. Customer service is extremely helpful and responds quickly. You deal with people, not robots.
ConsIt can be pretty glitchy at times and it is difficult to figure out why without having to contact PastorsLine. Kind of tricky to figure things out at first, but once you work with it a few times it is fairly easy to navigate.
Kaity M.
Administrative Assistant
September 10, 2019

“Great Product for Users of Planning Center”

OverallI've definitely had some frustrating moments with PastorsLine but Anne has been a great help.
ProsThe main reason we chose PastorsLine was because of the integration with Planning Center and the low price.
ConsIt is clunky to use at first. It takes a long time to sync lists from Planning Center.
Eric E.
September 16, 2019

“Maximize communication in your church”

ProsPastorsLine allows us to communicate with our congregation in real time. It's fast, reliable, and provides the ability to text from our churches landline. Our congregation has been very responsive and enjoy getting weekly texts from the pastor & staff. I appreciate the 2-way communication with our congregation and the ability to send group texts and voicemail broadcast for special announcements and weekly encouragement.
ConsIt is a little cumbersome to setup at first when integrating with our church's CMS. There's a bit of a learning curve but overall it's worth it.
Annette C.
Communications Director
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

“Great Business”

OverallOverall, I think PastorsLine is great! They work with me to give our congregation ease of access to the information that they need.
ProsTheir costumer service is amazing and you can tell they really care about your individual church. They also provide great options for campaign building, groups, and keywords. I love their CCB integration.
ConsThe interface is not extremely intuitive and takes some time to digest where you need to look and how you need to set things up to get the results you want.
Christopher G.
Executive Pastor
September 12, 2019

“PastorsLine is a great tool.”

ProsPastorsLine is a great resource for churches. It is a great service with good features. It is reliable, and the team is responsive. There is lots of flexibility, and the team continues to develop the product. And it is all for a good price. We also like that you purchase credits for the year instead of month to month. This allows greater flexibility and use in different seasons.
ConsTheir initial user interface has been a bit clunky and slow, but they are working on it and it is improving. They also need a better and more featured mobile app, but that is also in development.
September 12, 2019
Kim D.

“Mixed review”

OverallWe've enjoyed the benefit of communicating with people in the way that people currently communicate, via text message. Overall, this just wasn't the product for us.
ProsWe mainly used Pastorsline for Guest Follow-up, weekly update texts to student ministry and church-wide polls. It was most useful for the weekly update texts.
ConsWe didn't like that every user received a notification for everything. Pastorline said their purpose for this was to help make sure people didn't "fall through the cracks" but we found it's only real purpose ended up being causing our team to feel spammed, it was a redundant nuisance. We also found it a bit of a beast to get started with, less overall user-friendly than we thought it would be.

By PastorsLine on September 12, 2019
Thanks, Kim, for your honest review. We do have several ways to handle notifications as shared. If each person shares the SAME number, then each person would get the same reply if their notifications is turned on. Each user can manage whether they get notifications. Another way to look at it is if every leader at your church used the same info@mychurch.com email. Everyone would see everything. With our system, we highly recommend adding unique numbers to specific people or roles. This would allow each user to only receive notifications on what they sent. Admins can also choose to follow one or more numbers or none at all. I do agree we can improve and we would continue to do so. Thanks for sharing.
Allen J.
Assimilation Pastor

“Pastor's Line Rocks”

OverallIt's been great! Excellent responsiveness and support from customer service. It's made a positive different in our ability to engage with our congregation. They are problem solvers, whether is improving communication with our people, or dealing with issues that come up with carriers creating barriers or issues that may come up with their own software (which is rare).
ProsLove Pastor's Line and integration with our church database - creates so many new ways to connect with our people, visitors. Helps us tremendously in a "text" era to engage our people over email. They are constantly innovating and improving.
ConsThe management interface can be a little complicated, and with the upside of all the innovation, it would be helpful to have a dedicated person to manage and use this tool effectively if you have multiple users in your organization.
Wyatt A.
Associate Speaker
April 3, 2017

“Best Texting solution for churches, ministries, and pastors.”

OverallI started using PastorsLine about 9 months ago. I have been able to connect with my flock like never before. I use it for bulk text when I need to make an announcement. I use the auto-responder to help my guests to get connected, and to send important links for those interested. I use the poll feature and scheduled texts a lot as well. I like also that it is so easy to use. And the new mobile app makes it even more convenient to stay in touch.
ProsTons of features and integrations (existing and planned). I like that it uses a real local number instead of a short business-like number.
ConsThe fact that so many of my colleagues aren't aware of it.
Recommendations to other buyersThe yearly subscription is well worth it. The month by month isn't bad but you save more money doing the yearly subscription. Also, use the auto-responders and scheduling as much as possible. That's what makes this tool so powerful.
April 3, 2017
JOSELA R.
Service Ambassador

“Effective Communication Tool”

ProsWe've been using this product for over to years. Getting attendees and visitors to engage with pastors beyond the pulpit provides a door for profound relationships in the community. Integrations with other database software help to get a clear picture of those active and participating.
ConsThe user interface still needs a little work. Integrations not always have accurate data.
Blake A.
Elder & Discipleship Pastor
September 11, 2019

“Powerful under the hood”

OverallVery happy with the system and will likely stick around but wish very badly that the GUI was overhauled to make it more usable for folks who don't have a tech background.
ProsIntegration with Planning Center Online is great and is what ultimately led us to selecting this platform. The templates and analytics are very helpful as well. I have not yet felt limited by functionality. Very powerful system.
ConsThe GUI is not very intuitive and slow to respond at times. The syncing process from integrations is confusing as well. When it finally works it's great but the road to getting it to work seems unnecessarily long and arduous.

By PastorsLine on September 12, 2019
Thanks for your feedback, Blake. Yes, we are working to improve how we do things. We currently have two apps. Legacy and the complete rebuild called the HUB. The HUB is phase 1 that has many improvements how you sync groups. Over time, you would see more changes to the entire app.
Holly W.
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
October 15, 2019

“Great product just decided to go with something else”

OverallThe staff at PastorsLine was there for assistance and followed up with me regularly. The product was great but I went with something that fit our needs better.
ProsThe price. PastorsLine is less expensive than other softwares.
ConsUser friendliness. While I was able to navigate through the product, it wasn't as user friendly as I needed.
October 15, 2019
Christopher O.
Campus Pastor

“User-Friendly and Convenient!”

OverallPastorsLine is relentlessly committed to improvement. I am constantly receiving correspondence indicating that they are resolving issues, improving systems, etc. Overall, I am very pleased with my experience!
ProsPastorsLine provides an easy and user-freindly way for me to connect with individuals and groups in my congregation. Additionally, it provides a platform for me to send texts - the #1 form of communication among our community and those we are reaching - while at the same time helping me protect my time away from the office by not giving my cell number out to everyone with whom I come into contact.
ConsThere have definitely been a few "kinks" along the way as the operators learn how to optimize the software. None of these, however, have risen to the point of a crisis or negated the positive nature of my experience with PastorsLine.
Carlos F.
Online Pastor
September 11, 2019

“One of the best texting services out there. ”

OverallWe are able to capture data, sync to Mailchimp, and effectively create next steps for our guests.
ProsThe fact that you can use multiple numbers, capture data, and assign others to help makes it a no-brainer.
ConsThe back end old-school bare-bones makes training new employees who are accustomed to great UI from other fine-tuned apps. I know they are working on a beta upgrade. Can't wait.
Paul B.
Senior Pastor
September 16, 2019

“Would Buy - But Need Training to use”

OverallLove how responsive the team is.
ProsI like that it allows us to send mass messages to our church, whether it's for a church function - or if there's inclimate weather. I also like that it allows us to reach first time guests through text.
ConsI do not like how un-user friendly it is. It took some of our staff quite a while to figure out how to operate certain functions.
Gina D.
September 10, 2019

“Excellent Congregational Care Tool”

OverallIt has reduced the time it takes to connect with congregants by 50%. And I can answer text on any of my mobile devices.
ProsEase of use Cost Set-Up Works on IOS & Android, Web Browser, Tablets
ConsIntegration with MailChimp No Emojis when using a web browser

By PastorsLine on September 12, 2019
Thanks for your feedback, Gina. We do offer integration with Mailchimp. We are thinking about emojis but it does impact your costs. Emojis are not encoded the same and causes 1 text message to split into 2 or more. We will keep thinking about it.
Rebecca M.
Worship leader
September 10, 2019

“Great option for church communication”

OverallSetup was pretty easy and the response to questions and inquiries was quick. We are new to pastors line but are pleased with the functionality and capability of the services.
ProsLove the implementation of keywords and polls. Scheduled texts are handy. We integrate with PCO and it works wonderfully. We like that we had the option to sign up for a yearly plan so our credits don't expire every month.
ConsInability to schedule texts that include a poll. iPhone app lacks capability, including texting multiple groups at once.

By PastorsLine on September 12, 2019
Hi, Rebecca! Thanks for your feedback. We are working on the cons. However, you can text multiple groups at once in the mobile app. Reach out to us if you don't see that option.
Chris S.
September 16, 2019

“Stop thinking about it, just go for it!”

ProsThis app is awesome! The ease of use, via web, app or email is fantastic. Group texting and scheduling is by far my favorite feature. This is the way to communicate in our current day. No one emails anymore, let's be honest!
ConsAt first the online interface was graphically not that well done. But that was just the early days. The most recent update has fixed quite a few bugs and the UX is sharp!
Jenn M.
Church Secretary/Communications Coordinator

“Pros and Cons”

OverallPastorsLine has been great for our church and staff. It provides a quick and easy way to communicate with the congregation during the week, in a way that most folks respond to.
Pros- Being able to immediately send out urgent or informational information via text to all our congregants! - Receiving guest's contact information so we can follow up, on an immediate basis. - Customer service is very quick and patient. They're willing to help you understand how things work without making you feel like a dolt. - Instant syncing with CCB, so manual syncing isn't necessary.
Cons- The website is not the easiest to navigate. - Setting up groups with the exact same name as what is in CCB is tedious. It'd be nice to have a list of group names that are in CCB, to choose from when setting up a group in PL.
Priscilla M.

“AUTOMATION STATION!”

OverallWe are a growing church with two staff members (including our Lead Pastor) we had lots of TRIPLE entry from different church management software platforms, wondering if people were falling through the distractions and not getting much engagement via phone calls or emails. Texting is #1 and we can engage with people in real time.
ProsHow easy it is to implement and use within just a few days of its original purchase.
ConsSlight learning curve in lingo/hub use.
Chris A.
Discipleship & Missions Pastor
September 10, 2019

“Pastorsline - Best Text Messaging Service I've Found to work with Planning Center!”

OverallOverall we feel that we have found the best options for us! Great company to work with and we are happy with how it helps us communicate with our church!
ProsWe love how well Pastorsline integrates with Planning Center lists!
ConsThe user interface is a bit bulky and not-so-beautiful. It needs some TLC which it seems they are in the process of working on now.
Mike J.
Growth Pastor
September 27, 2019

“Great solution for our ministry”

ProsDoes what it is supposed to - sends & receives texts, has an automated opt-in system, and allows us to schedule texts far in advance.
ConsThe service still is in development in a few areas. Occasionally they have a glitch/bug that causes issues. However, they have been excellent in a quick reaction/solution/restoration. Phone app is a work in progress. A lot of progress has been made over the past 6 months... but more is needed.
September 27, 2019
Stephen G.
Serve Team Pastor

“PastorsLine Review”

OverallMy overall experience has been a positive one. PastorsLine has help us as a church increase our communication capabilities as well as engagement with volunteers.
ProsVery user friendly. I love that it syncs with our CCB (Church Community Builder)software. Makes communication with our teams as well as our follow up very easy.
ConsI have not found anything negative about this software
Jonathan G.
Communications and Marketing Director
September 16, 2019

“Things we never knew we needed”

OverallOverall very positive. We found PL when we needed a good way to quickly communicate with large quantities of people about things like schedule changes due to weather, etc. We needed something simple and effective that could be deployed at a moment's notice, and this was a great, economical solution that fit our needs perfectly.
ProsIt's simple and cost effective for what we do. We had always glossed over texting platforms because we thought they would be difficult, expensive, and not worth the effort. PastorsLine is great because it's a simple interface with lots of features, and it's scalable so we only pay for what we use. I also love the interfacing with CCB; that saves so much time and effort in getting the messages to the right people.
ConsIt's a bit slow in sending out large quantities of messages. The only other con I can think of is that we don't use it as much as we should, but that's our fault.
Tyler B.
Connections Pastor

“Worth it!”

OverallIt has vastly improved our communication and sign up process.
ProsThe ability to create text keyword groups.
ConsIt does not flag potential duplicate contacts, which would allow me to clear out unnecessary contacts.

By PastorsLine on September 12, 2019
Hi, Tyler! Thanks for supporting our ministry. Appreciate the feedback. You mentioned it doesn't flag potential duplicate contacts? We actually have several advanced duplicate handling. The new version of the app displays those duplicates (coming from your external app), more elegantly. I think you would like it. Check out the HUB.
Lori G.
Business Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

“Easy to Use!”

OverallOverall, it's been a very positive experience. I love the simplicity of use to benefit ratio!
ProsI love that we can send out a text to multiple people at once and use our main office number. It's the number people know and recognize. PastorsLine makes it easy to manage several text conversations at once too. It's an invaluable tool in this age of instant communication!
ConsI would love to have a way to organize our text conversations - such as folders or labels in order to have an easy way to find information if you can't remember exactly who said what about when!
Richie H.
Pastor and church planting director
Religious Institutions, Unspecified
April 25, 2017

“Excellent Service/Product ”

OverallI have been blessed to have PastorsLine in my ministry toolbox for the past 4 years. The communication to my internal and external publics has improved exponentially. From boardmeeting votes, to letting my elders know instantly of a member in the hospital, PastorsLine is a must!
April 25, 2017
Nicholas H.
September 16, 2019

“Easier and more groundbreaking than Text In Church”

ProsAbility to use bots to respond to text messages and using our church land line for the number.
ConsThey don't allow use of short codes and all of the integrations are not completed yet. The mobile app could be better.
Ruth Ann P.
Church Clerk/Secretary
Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

“ PastorsLine”

OverallI have not experienced any business problems with PastorsLine. Any issue I ever had was always resolved quickly and professionally, and with the love of CHRIST.
ProsIt enables us to communicate quickly and effectively with our church family.
ConsSometimes, especially when changes are made, I find it a little difficult to navigate. It would also be helpful if the program automatically put the names in alphabetical order.
Holly G.
Website Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

“PastorsLine”

ProsEase of using it to text a large number of people all at the same time.
ConsIt is not the most user-friendly but better than some others we use.
David T.
Elder
September 18, 2019

“Good product, working out some bugs”

OverallThe customer service and help have been awesome! I love the idea they came up with and I know they are working on fixes a few bugs to make it easier to interact with the phone app. I definitely use it frequently and it has made contact with our church much easier than our old way. Keep up the good work!
ProsEase of use in setting up groups and ease of people being able to subscribe. Great to be able to use the church's landline phone number. Easy to see if any messages did not go through.
ConsThe voice calls lag a bit. It would be great to be able to record and then send verses using a third party app. It would also be good to have the voice option available in the phone app. The phone app glitches at times and is not very smooth right now, but I think they are working on these problems.
Angela G.

“PastorsLine Review”

ProsThe ease of use for a new user & that it syncs with our current Planning Center software.
ConsThe amount of time it takes & the accuracy of texting large groups, & having to use a secondary number.
denver s.

“PastorsLine is Amazing”

Overallthe personal touch and care from the team was so Refreshing, they made you feel like they have known you for ever. There was never a time that my questions were not taken with the utmost kindest care and patience. I thank all of them for making the experience one I will never forget, and one I will definitely share with everyone. I recommend this app and the team to all my fellow pastors. Thank you for all you do to be so helpful.
ProsThat it is easy to use without having to go to each and every person involved and get their personal cell phone carrier name.
Consthat i didn't know about it years before now, had i knows about this sooner, it would have prevented me from sending each and everyone a personal text every week . I would sit, on sunday morning and click 600 times just to send 100 text. Now , it is just a few. Thank God, my finger has healed. thank you.