eCasework Ratings

Overall

About eCasework

eCasework is the all-in-one solution for elected representatives. It's a notebook, address book, email inbox, diary and filing system rolled into one: a place to collect cases, keep track of people's issues and solve problems efficiently. Our web-based casework software is hosted in the cloud, meaning you can manage your cases anytime, anywhere on your computer, tablet and smartphone. Learn more about eCasework

Andrew B.
May 11, 2017

“eCasework is a vital part of my toolkit as a local councillor.”

ProsThe best thing about eCasework is it allows me to track all my open casework in one easy place. The system provided by the council is not suitable for my needs, as it is really designed for officer demands and not the demands of a councillor.
ConsThe one niggle I have with the software at the moment is the difficulty of searching for a case and not being able to click to open the case itself. This seems cumbersome.

By Porism on May 11, 2017
Thanks so much for your kind words, Andrew, and we're glad you find the tool vital to your work. When we set out to build eCasework, we wanted it to enable elected representatives to get things sorted in their area, so it's fulfilling to know it's doing that for you. Your point about the search tool has been noted and we're already working on improvements to Search for the next release, keep an eye on the newsletter. Thanks again :)
May 11, 2017
Sarah C.
Constituency Manager
Political Organization, 11-50 employees
May 31, 2017

“Excellent software, makes my job a lot easier - would highly recommend.”

ProsI like the functionality, the ease of use and being able to store our inform in one, easy to access location. The staff are fantastic, very accommodating and take your ideas on boards. We have had no major issues since starting to use the software and feel reassured by the security in place considering the sometimes sensitive nature of the information held. We had looked at other software providers in our search for finding one that would fit our requirements and the one month free trial was an added bonus and the overall value for money cannot be beaten.
ConsI wouldn't class it as a con so much, there are small features that we would like added but the staff at ecasework are happy to take our ideas on board and see if they can marry them into the software. We have a progressive relationship and as our input into the software grows, we can offer suggestions that we know will be looked at and not dismissed as soon as they have been received.

By Porism on May 31, 2017
Supporting political offices as well as individual representatives is one of our objectives, and it's fulfilling to know that you can manage your team's casework with us. Keep sending in those feature requests, Sarah, and thank you very much this review!
May 31, 2017
stephanie c.
councillor
Civic & Social Organization, 10,001+ employees
June 14, 2017

“Excellent System that makes handling casework much FASTER and EASIER!”

OverallQuick and fast - saving me loads of time!
ProsTop of my list are the stand out levels of customer service, (personal and very quick response every time), and the ability to tag an area of the software and quickly send a message suggesting improvements or expressing an opinion....and several times they have adjusted the software to make exactly the improvements I have suggested, or asked me some further questions to make sure they get it right, (often within a few days) Software: Easy and intuitive ; flexible & quick to use; setting review dates; email facility; keeps docs & photos together and organised - even the most complex cases; access on smartphone allowed me to set-up/ update cases while speaking to customers, (avoiding writing info down to add later).
June 14, 2017
fiona m.
Policy officer
Political Organization, 1-10 employees

“Casework made simple”

OverallI have been very happy with eCasework, it has worked very well for our office as we have a number of users and we can all update cases and find information very quickly. The ability to set a reminder and due date is extremely useful in a busy office, it helps to keep on top of our case load.
ProsVery easy to use and organise cases. It is easy for different users to add information and update cases so everyone has access to the information. The tags and graph is also very handy and a helps to map out what we are dealing with.
ConsCan be very glitchy with the update function. Doesn't copy and paste very well from emails or documents.
Ian S.
Government Administration, 5001-10,000 employees
June 26, 2019

“Use of eCaswork as a Councillor”

OverallMainly used as a means of keeping all my e-mails on record and in one place for retrieval. Functionality is very easy.
ProsEasy to use, support excellent (although I didn't need to use it that often). My feedback was acted upon.
ConsCould do with added functionality to set up template letters & e-mails and print of envelopes. Also, search function against names as I have now built up hundreds of constituents and having to scroll down is a bit of a pain.
Sam A.
Government Administration, Self-employed

“Effective and simple”

OverallIt is very straightforward to use, easy to track casework and set reminders. I have a heavy caseload, and without a good casework system, I would struggle to manage my time effectively. This has allowed me to keep on top of everything well.
ProsSimplicity of entering case details, getting reminders, and email straight from the system.
ConsOccasionally the threading of emails can go out of sequence. It's all there, just not always in the right order.
Nick C.
September 1, 2017

“It is good at helping me manage existing and new cases. I can follow things up efficiently. ”

OverallLots. It has really helped me manage casework. Casework can become very demanding and it helps me prioritise the issues in the best way to deal with the issues and give feedback to local residents.
ProsThe ability to store and follow up cases, setting dates and deadlines. I like to be able to review the history of each case and follow up contacts with constituents and businesses. The tagging function is good to keep an eye on the different type of casework each other that is dealt with. It is all very easy to use, not too technical, and I like that it can be used from any device from the webpage. It works well at home or on the go.
ConsThere isn't anything major. I had a problem with the display of a large casework file but this was resolved really quickly.
September 1, 2017
Fran C.
Councillor & other!
Political Organization, 1001-5000 employees
June 26, 2019

“Extremely useful for keeping up with councillor cases!”

OverallExcellent, highly recommend for councillors.
ProseCasework is simple to use once you get used to it. Good price as an individual councillor using it. Excellent customer service if you have a problem. Also secure and GDPR compliant. Organises my casework effectively. Extremely helpful to me, much better than a book of notes!
ConsEmail update codes can be a bit fiddly, but the system works!

By Porism on July 2, 2019
What a lovely review. Thank you. Do get in touch if you need anything.
Fran C.
County & District Councillor, Music Teacher
Public Policy, 10,001+ employees
May 24, 2017

“Fantastic software for councillors & MPs to keep tabs on casework”

OverallHelps me organise my case load and reminds me when I am due to chase a case. Brilliant.
ProsVery easy to add resident cases. Easily accessible from phone, iPad, laptop, PC. Simple operation and information entry, and the reminders are so useful when I have so many queries to keep up with and officers to chase! Well worth the subscription.

By Porism on May 24, 2017
Thank you for this sensational review, Fran! Don't hesitate to let us know about any more feedback too.
May 24, 2017