Member Solutions Ratings

Overall

About Member Solutions

Power your on-the-go lifestyle with Member Managers all-in-one personal training business software. Drive bookings and retention with intuitive online scheduling, automated reminders, session tracking, billing and commissions, built-in marketing, and customizable MemberAssist mobile app. Whether you manage a studio or train independently, Member Manager's secure, easy-to-use solution will elevate your business to peak efficiency and profitability. Request a personalized demo today. Learn more about Member Solutions

Gary B.
June 3, 2015

“Member Solutions will free you up to do what you love to do - teaching martial arts.”

OverallMember Solutions has serviced my business, The Baltimore Martial Arts Academy, since its inception in 1996. Over the years, I have been approached by other billing companies such as EFT, Martial Soft, Mind Body, Kicksight. and others. All of these other companies claimed they could save me money and offer better service for my business. This could not be further from the truth and was obvious to me even after a few minutes on the phone with them. If you are just starting your business, I can promise you that you will have delinquent customers from time to time. If you are already in business, you would agree with me that a 10% delinquency rate is typical. Dealing with delinquencies is not fun and not something you want to spend your time doing. Let the professionals at Member Solutions handle this for you and pay the extra money ' it's worth every cent. I once received a phone call directly from Joe Galea, an executive officer of Member Solutions and at the time an owner. He called to simply touch base and ask me what I thought about the service that I had been receiving from Member Solutions. We talked for almost 45 minutes and afterwards I felt like I made a friend. Once even Joe's mom called me for the same reason! This warmed my heart and made me feel truly valued not only as a customer but as a person, you can't put a price on that. My wife and I also met Joe in person at a Member Solutions event in Philadelphia. I can tell you that he is a genuine and a sincere person and he really does care about his clients. Annette Benning, one of the client specialists at Member Solutions, is my constant life-saver. She calls me at least once every month just to ask me if there is anything that I need to discuss concerning my account. Whenever I have a question or an issue I call Annette directly and she is always available. In fact, Annette usually preemptively calls me before I even know I have an issue! You can ask my wife, Annette has saved my butt many times. She is awesome! If you're considering handling billing on your own ' don't. If you considering another billing service ' don't. Member Solutions will free you up to do what you want to do and what you love to do, teaching and sharing martial arts with your students.

By Member Solutions on May 3, 2016
Gary, it is great to hear from a satisfied client of 19 years. At Member Solutions, we take pride in developing and maintaining Long Term Relationships with our clients. Thank you for such an in depth review of Member Solutions, and know that we appreciate your business. I look forward to many more years of success. - Joe Galea - Senior Vice President Client Relations
June 3, 2015
Jacki K.
Enrollment/Program Director
Sports, 1-10 employees
November 27, 2017

“Super easy to use, and when it's not, just call someone! Everyone is great help! ”

OverallI don't have to chase people who are problematic. If i have questions someone always answers. I never have to wait long to talk to someone. Everything that i implement in the software happens fast.
ProsI like the ease of access. Everything is super straight forward, logical and makes sense. I really like the layout and how everything is set up for data entry. I also like it allows the option for statement billing. It's really flexible with the options it allows the client to enter. Everything is easy to see and easy to find.
ConsThe only issue I've ever had was just where do I find this and I just call and talk to someone and they help me right away. If I were to improve anything, and this is just minor, but the font size is small on the navigation and me, and a few of our other instructors, all wear glasses and find it difficult to read at times.

By Member Solutions on November 28, 2017
Jacki, thank you for your kind words, feedback and recommendation. We are always happy to help our clients--whenever or wherever they need us. We're grateful for the opportunity to serve you and your business. We look forward to our continued partnership.
November 27, 2017
Derrek H.
Owner, Chief Instructor
September 16, 2016

“I'm using all of their services to help grow my business”

OverallI'm Derrek Hofrichter. I'm the owner of East Valley Krav Maga. I opened my school up in 2011. I spent the first year or so handling billing internally. I thought I was saving money. It turns out I was wasting a lot of time and not actually saving money. And so I found Member Solutions, and I've been a client of theirs since then. They've helped me out in so many different ways. I really appreciate their professionalism and their customer service, and I trust them to have the interaction with my members and to take care of them. Since using them for a while for the billing, I've now started to use myVolo front-desk software. That's been a huge relief to have the front-desk software tied into the billing as well. It saves us so much hassle. And the duplication that we were doing before has now all been eliminated. It's so much more efficient. And most recently I've started using the Event Manager software as well. I like how simple it is, and it's enabled me to actually run more seminars just because it's easy to use, and it takes care of a lot of the work that I was trying to piece together with other systems before. Thank you Member Solutions. I'm very happy to be a client and appreciate you helping me grow my business.
September 16, 2016
Paul C.
May 3, 2018

“I have been with Member Solutions for 15 years and my experience with them has been amazing. ”

ProsI like the ease / user friendliness about the software. It is very easy to navigate around to check reports etc. Love the customer care reps that come with it as well. Everyone is very nice and super helpful at Member Solutions. Great team and software!! Member Solutions is always trying to improve and evolve with the times.
ConsI really like the software and have really nothing to criticize. But if I had to pick something then I would say that I would like the ability to freeze and unfreeze accounts, but calling in or writing a web note is not a problem so it is not of huge concern at al.

By Member Solutions on May 7, 2018
Paul, it is great to hear from a satisfied client of 15 years. At Member Solutions, we take pride in developing and maintaining long-term partnerships with our clients. We¿re grateful for your trust and support. We look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent customer service and user friendly products for many years to come. ¿ The Member Solutions Team
May 3, 2018
Jeffrey G.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
May 18, 2017

“I could not run my business without Membership Manager from Member Solutions.”

OverallThe software is easy to use. It does scheduling, emails, one-time payments, recurring payments and Member Solutions follows up with my delinquent account. I cannot say enough great things about this software and the company
ProsThe software is easy to use. I am not very technical when it comes to computers and the software makes it easy for me to schedule and take one-time and recurring payments. The best part is that they call my delinquent customers for me! I have not made a delinquency call in 6 years as they do it for me. I am now thinking about getting a merchant account through Member Solutions as well to take one-time payments.

By Member Solutions on October 5, 2017
Jeff, thank you for your kind words and recommendation. We're so glad to hear that our software has had a positive impact on your business. We recommend our preferred partner for merchant processing, Constellation Payments, to handle your one-time payments. Please contact us at 888.277.4409 with questions.
May 18, 2017
Nick P.
August 25, 2017

“Wonderful, we haven't had any problems with the program or staff”

ProsSearching and checking in for families is very easy. The staff is always a pleasure to speak with, very knowledgeable and patient when it comes to explaining things and answering questions for training and every day needs.
ConsWe would love to have all of the information listed on one page instead of clicking into different categories. Financial reports should include ALL payments for the month, instead of not including future payments, and not including accounts that have gone from active to paid.

By Member Solutions on September 5, 2017
Hi, Nick. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our software and services. We're so glad to hear that we've helped simplify your day-to-day. We'd like to learn more about your thoughts on our financial reports. Please call 877.600.3811 to speak with our support team. Thank you for your business and partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team
August 25, 2017
Frank C.
Academy Director
December 11, 2017

“Overall, MSI programming is good. I have tried using other services and I am still very happy.”

ProsMSI is extremely user friendly with logical programming and top-notch customer service. The administrative reports are also easy to navigate and full of essential details. I particularly like the new collection service (first data credit) that has been integrated a few years back.
ConsThere is no independent frozen list in the report section, so it is extremely hard to accurately calculate monthly revenue totals.

By Member Solutions on December 12, 2017
Frank, it is great to hear from a satisfied client of nearly seven years. At Member Solutions, we take pride in developing and maintaining long-term partnerships with our clients. We are grateful for your trust and support. We look forward to continuing to provide top notch customer service for many years to come. ¿ The Member Solutions Team
December 11, 2017
Courtney C.
Operations Manager
May 29, 2018

“I find it frustrating how many things cant be tailored or edited in a way that would better serve us”

ProsThe customer service- they are always so quick to respond. The chat function makes life super easy! Reps are awesome.
ConsInvoicing has many limitations. Can't edit or go back once an invoice is created. Software seems to have random glitches with invoicing. It will show that it's processed and then the next day it will go back to being owing, etc.

By Member Solutions on May 31, 2018
Courtney, thank you for sharing your feedback. We¿re grateful for the opportunity to provide you with excellent customer service. If you have any questions regarding editing and processing invoices please contact our support team at 877.600.3811, as we have a very recent release with enhancements to these areas. Thank you for your partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team
Nancy C.
Owner/Administrator
May 23, 2018

“I have used Member Solutions for over 18 years & have consistently had exemplary service. ”

OverallI can access every detail of my students' financial situation within my school.
ProsI love the amount of information I can easily access about every account I have ever had. I am able to see every aspect of each membership, from notes I have entered myself to those made my MSI employees.
ConsI would like to see the text of the auto dialed messages when MSI contacts my students or account holders.

By Member Solutions on May 30, 2018
Nancy, it is great to hear from a satisfied client of over 18 years. At Member Solutions, we take pride in developing and maintaining long-term partnerships with our clients. We¿re grateful for your trust and support. We look forward to continuing to provide easily accessible account information to you for many years to come. ¿ The Member Solutions Team
May 23, 2018
Alex B.
Head Instructor
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
July 19, 2017

“Member Solutions is an excellent platform that's easy for our staff to learn and our members to use!”

OverallSimple reliable month billing. Good support, and a pleasant experience for our members.
ProsI appreciate how easy it is to see the information I need access to the most. The search functions are intuitive and easy to learn, and entering new contracts is straightforward and easy to confirm.
ConsI have not been able to get much functionality out of the majority of the more complex financial reports.

By Member Solutions on September 5, 2017
Alex, thank you for sharing your feedback. We're grateful for the opportunity to provide reliable, easy-to-use solutions for you and your business. If you have a question regarding financial reports, please contact our client services team at 888.277.4407. Thank you for your partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team
July 19, 2017
Raquel P.
April 14, 2018

“Decent but needs more options ”

ProsEase of low maintenance with ppl being able to book and pay all at once. It is easy to log on most of the time
ConsYou only have the option to cxl a class directly before the class or 24 hours prior. It is a HUGE disatifier

By Member Solutions on April 17, 2018
Hi, Raquel. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our software and services. We're so glad to hear that we've helped keep your bookings low maintenance. I have submitted your thoughts on allowing an hourly designation to booking cancellations, for future development consideration. If there¿s any additional information required, a Support Representative will reach out to you. Thank you for your business and partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team
April 14, 2018
OBrien B.
program director/ head instructor
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
March 28, 2018

“once I was used to the program it was great”

Prosthe task reminders help me schedule my days and follow up with clients as well as potential clients
Conssome things should auto link into accounts and onto the contracts to make it easier to see progress from prospect to member

By Member Solutions on March 29, 2018
Hi, O'Brien, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our software and services. We're so glad to hear that we've helped you and your staff keep track of your daily tasks. Also, we appreciate your thoughts on enhancing the tracking of a member's life cycle. I have passed this along for future development consideration. We will contact you if more information is required. Thank you for your business and partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team
March 28, 2018
Della V.

“works well”

Proseasy tracking of client appointments, easy to tell when a client owes money. Easy for payroll and scheduling of multiple appointment types
Consunable to upload documents to email out, unable to search via questions, hard to customise to our specific needs

By Member Solutions on June 1, 2018
Della, thank you for sharing your feedback. We¿re grateful for the opportunity to provide easy tracking for appointments and finances to you and your business. If you have a question regarding customizations, please contact our support team at 877.600.3811. Thank you for your partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team
Patrick h.
Operations Manager
May 9, 2018

“It's been a tremendous experience with this company!! They're anazing”

ProsThe customer service is outstanding!! All are the absolute best at what they do!! It's always a pleasure dealing with them and for all their help :))
ConsThat we didn't switch back to them sooner!! We had used their software previously at another facility and loved it.

By Member Solutions on May 15, 2018
Patrick, thank you for your kind words and recommendation. We are always happy to help our clients¿whenever or wherever they need us. We¿re grateful for the opportunity to serve you and your business again. We look forward to our continued partnership.
May 9, 2018
Laurie B.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
May 24, 2018

“Have been using for billing for a few years”

OverallAbility for clients to register themselves and ability to process sales without POS machine
ProsI like the color and Graphics, they are easy to read. As a non-tech type person I find the Volo system intuitive and pretty user friendly. It is fairly easy to adjust price discounts and to process refunds.
ConsThere seem to be some picky details - like contract dates that seem difficult to fix by myself and require assistance from help suppor person

By Member Solutions on May 29, 2018
Laurie, thank you for sharing your feedback. We're so glad to hear that we've provided you with a visually pleasing and intuitive software. We are working to enhance the ability to process real-time adjustments to contracts. In the meantime, please contact to our support team with any issues or concerns. We¿d like to learn more about how we can improve your experience. You can reach us at 877.600.3811 or support@membersolutions.com. ¿ The Member Solutions Team
Chris C.

“Incredible Customer Support”

ProsThe billing website is a bit cumbersome and out of date, but the customer service is absolutely incredible. Each time I speak with a representative, they are quick to help out and very knowledgeable. Their Premium Package is great. I don't have to chase down students for payment or declined credit cards. MSI takes care of all of the billing for me, so I can just focus on my school and my students.
ConsThe user interface is a bit antiquated and doesn't work well on mobile devices. It would be nice to see a facelift.

By Member Solutions on November 29, 2017
Chris, thank you for sharing your feedback. We¿re grateful for the opportunity to provide you, and your business, with the Customer Support you deserve. We appreciate your thoughts on how we can enhance our billing website and will be sure to reach out if we have additional questions. Thank you for your partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team
Jeff G.
1-10 employees
August 25, 2016

“Great company...great improvements”

OverallI have been a client for a long time and though the software has had its challenges, it has come a long way. I have never done business with an organization that cared so much about my needs as a business owner and those of my clients. Their staff worked hard over the past 3 years to really improve the software and it is so much easier to use now. I couldn't run my business without Member Solutions.
ProsI love that I can customize the software to work for my business. It is easy for me to do recurring payments. I use the full service billing functionality so I don't have to follow up with customer delinquencies. The staff at Member Solutions makes those calls for me so I can focus on my business.
Recommendations to other buyersThis software was built for martial arts, gyms, Pilates, and membership based businesses. I made it work for my pool business to schedule out my weekly service clients and repairs. It has helped me kee everything in order and charge clients as needed.
August 25, 2016
Lauren S.
Program Director
May 24, 2018

“Software can be challenging and lacking functionality, but customer support is always helpful.”

ProsThe task and alert system for tracking what needs to happen next to follow up with a lead or member is incredibly useful, as well as the associated "Contact log" that lets you see all of the correspondence you and other employees have recorded with a lead. Different businesses will find different levels of success with using it's various reports and features based on how they initially set up the software and what kind of check-in system they use.
ConsSometimes does not communicate properly with MS billing side so that discrepancies appear once in a while. Small functionality bugs, like not being able to set a class or event to repeating forever, create annoyances and problems. Customer service can help with work arounds. Web Widgets are useful, but lead capture widget is very constrained to specific inputs.

By Member Solutions on May 29, 2018
Lauren, thank you for sharing your feedback. We're so glad to hear that we've helped you with tracking tasks and communications to both leads and members. We are currently working to enhance billing synchronization. In the meantime, please contact to our support team with any issues or concerns. We'd like to learn more about how we can improve your experience. You can reach us at 877.600.3811 or support@membersolutions.com. - The Member Solutions Team
Mishel E.
Accounts Manager
11-50 employees
August 11, 2016

“WORST COMPANY EVER!”

OverallThe experience with Member Solutions has been a colossal waste of time, money (we lost about $30,000 because of them), and energy. The customer service is horrendous. There is a disconnect between their two companies and whenever there was an issue each would blame the other. I could give countless examples of their incompetence. (PLEASE SEE CONS SECTION).
ProsNone, stay away from this company.
Cons-Terrible communication and customer-service. Tyler is on top of that list. He is rude and condescending and never tried to actually help. He would give us the run-around and sometimes outright refuse to help. -They charge your customers late fees on paying their bill but THEY KEEP THE MONEY FOR YOUR SERVICE. -They will not waive late fees unless manually told for each person. -When we would ask them to refund ridiculous late fees that WE DON'T CHARGE AND THEY KEEP, they would tell us they can refund the late fee but then WE WOULD BE CHARGED that fee. -Faulty software which made no logical sense and looks like it's from about 1998. -They don't contact people who are late on paying with their "full service billing." We have lost roughly $30,000 of uncollected dues because they just didn't contact people. -They wouldn't properly freeze or cancel accounts. -They would consistently double charge members. -They would consistently NOT CHARGE MEMBERS. Months of payments would just be skipped for no apparent reason.
Recommendations to other buyersWe left this company at the end of January 2016 yet we are STILL GETTING MONTHLY CHARGES FROM THEM. When we try to call them to dispute the credit card surcharges they say give us the run around and avoid any accountability as they always do.
August 11, 2016
ANDREW F.
Owner/Instructor
June 19, 2013

“Farley's Taekwondo Center Visalia, CA”

OverallThe software for my business works out great. I'm happy, my students are happy so what more could I ask for? The team that comes a long with it is exceptional at what they do. If you still haven't made up your mind yet and need more convincing then give me a call. Farley's Tae Kwon Do Center 559-627-4339
ProsMember Solutions professional and friendly team is what lead to my decision of signing up. I did my research first. I reached out to others but what stood out the most was how fast Member Solutions responded to me. Not by email or by a packet in the mail but by a phone call where I was able to talk with someone and have all my questions answered for me right away. Deborah Glassman, the account executor who got me started, made sure that my schools needs and my needs as an owner was understood and how being a member of Member Solutions was going to benefit my business the most. To this day she still contacts me frequently to make sure everything is going great. Kristen Bell, software trainer, wonderful person to talk to and train with. Kristen made learning the software very easy without any confusion or complications. If and when I do have a question she answers right away without delay and is always fun to talk to.
ConsMy only complaint, which is not with Member Solutions but for me, is why I didn't sign up when I first opened.
June 19, 2013
catherine c.
manager
October 3, 2019

“Non business-centric, shop elsewhere”

OverallMember Solutions knows they lack programming. When you call to discuss a software bug with them, they give you a work around patch up instead of correcting the problem. The patch ups then cause future issues.
ProsThere is not much to like about this program. I guess I would say the ease of looking up a customer is the only positive I can come up with.
ConsToo many to list, but here's a few: it does not help you collect money, nor does it steer toward income driven sales. It tries a credit card once and then won't retry unless you do each individual card. If a customer is set up for auto pay on credit card, their payment still defaults to cash when you attempt to pay if card was declined. No system for retrying all failed cards. Take an overpayment and it does not apply to next outstanding invoice, it just overpays a single invoice. Payments/Invoices are difficult to track because they are all labeled the same date regardless of when the customer pays. Reports are lacking. Members can sign up and have active accounts without having a gym membership! I do not recommend this software, it has many "bugs". Very poorly programmed.
October 3, 2019
Jim B.
Senior Investigator
November 28, 2017

“Like a breath of spring air.”

OverallEase & Understanding
ProsThe support from the MS team. Always helpful and willing to see the completion of the requested assistance.

By Member Solutions on November 30, 2017
Jim, thank you for your kind words and recommendation. We are always happy to help our clients¿whenever or wherever they need us. We¿re grateful for the opportunity to serve you and your business. We look forward to our continued partnership.
David R.
April 25, 2016

“28 years in this industry and MSI is the best service I have ever used”

OverallI began teaching martial arts in 1988. Over the years I have used literally every single "ABC" organization for billing in this industry, and several outside the martial arts industry. Every single one left me with a bad taste in my mouth, but I assumed that there was no real option. In 2009 I was reorganized my business. On the advice of a brilliant mind in this industry, Michael Parrella, I gave MSI a call. Honestly, I would not have done it if it wasn't for who was recommending them. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. I have used them ever since that day. To put this in perspective, as my business grew I began sighing between 60 and 75 contracts per month. I was a small, low tech school learning how to suddenly handle "success". MSI has always been there for me. And the service has been incredibly reliable. An easy to use web site and excellent support staff. Not just efficient but friendly. And finally, when I had a medical emergency in my family, MSI was there for me. I don't think , wait let me say I KNOW, no company would have been there for me that way. I can not adequately convey how happy I have been and strongly recommend MSI to anyone in our industry

By Member Solutions on April 28, 2016
Thank you, David. We appreciate your kind words and recommendation. We are always happy to help our clients whenever or wherever they need us. We look forward to our continued partnership and we are grateful for the opportunity to serve you and your business. - Margo Stauffer, Director of Customer Service
April 25, 2016
Kelly D.
August 4, 2018

“Volo”

ProsThe software is very easy to use. It has all the info needed to help me run my small business
ConsNo real problems with the software. Every once in a while there are small problems but the staff always fixes it as soon as they can. There online chat people are great.
August 4, 2018
Poul N.
11-50 employees
September 15, 2017

“downward spiral experience”

OverallStay away, not as advertised. It's going to be a money pit for your business
ProsIn 2011 this was a Canadian run business and everything worked. The attractive calendar system and staff payroll system works.
ConsOver the past two years especially since September 2016 the reporting on the software has not been working. Importantly the physical reports which are important for any business owner to understand their actualized income as well as their deferred revenue. None of these reports work, and the support staff keeps apologizing but they do not have a timeline or solution to make it work. Plus items which clients are pre-purchased for disappear, or not remove from their inventory, which is a financial havoc in a poor customer service solution. My business has to give thousands of dollars and I am not exaggerating, in compensation to clients for sessions which have disappeared from the my Volo member Solutions. Stay away from the software's absolute garbage.
September 15, 2017
Zachary H.
Head Instructor/ Program Director
June 6, 2014

“FIXED MY PROBLEM! ”

OverallMr Sherrick was exceptionally awesome in the way he handled me as a client. I was trying to leave Member Solutions for reasons regarding a mistake made by your team. Regarding a contract that was canceled and lots of money lost. I spoke with a few representatives from Member Solutions and none of them told me what I needed to hear as a customer. I was upset and wanted to cancel. Infact I had already made up my mind to leave. I am the kind of man, that when I make up my mind I proceed with my decision, although in this case I was persuaded to stay as a client thanks to Mr Sherrick. He upheld promises that were given to me over the course of time in being a client, he also fixed my problem with no argument or disagreement. His calm, cool collective attitude, brought my stress level down and made me happy to be a client . Needless to say he fixed a problem that in any business situation would be practically impossible to fix. He was smart, guided me to a great outcome, made me feel comfortable and treated me with respect. This man deserves to be in the position he is at and furthermore a model for what a representative of Member Solutions should be. I am very pleased with the customer service provided to me and YES I am still a member of your billing company thanks to him. For more details on how he dealt with me, I urge you to follow up with him, so other associate workers can see the strategies he used and learn from him. SO THANK YOU MR SHERRICK!
June 6, 2014
Charlene C.
Owner, Personal Trainer, Presenter
November 13, 2012

“Fitness Business Software that is easy to use, and saves you time and money!”

OverallI am the owner of Dexterity Fitness, and my company's motto is to 'train smarter, then harder.' Thanks to Volo, I now 'work smarter so I can train harder!' As trainers we enjoy working with people, not paper. And Volo gives us more time to do just that. Sometimes in business you have to spend money to make money, and this was definitely money well spent.
ProsProfessional Service: My new clients get an introductory email from Volo welcoming them and confirming their first appointment - making a great first impression. Solid Business Practices: Volo shows my current clients a record of how many sessions they have completed, their invoices, and their upcoming schedule. Save Time: I can quickly scan my sales, member information, and schedule, which means I have more time to train! Why Volo? I researched 3 different companies offering similar models, and Volo has the best service at the best price. Their friendly support was incredible and made set-up so easy with their live support.
ConsEasy to use, great price, amazing customer support who answer your questions via chat or phone and view your screen with you to demonstrate.There is nothing I would change about Volo - it's incredible!
November 13, 2012
judy w.
instructor
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
October 28, 2018

“martial arts client”

OverallAction karate has been with member solutions for many years. I owned action karate Souderton and we worked together for 16 years. Now I am action karate main line so it is 20 years together. Miss Judy
Proseasy to use software. many choices for billing.
Consoutdated data entry, particularly credit card info.

By Member Solutions on November 1, 2018
Miss Judy, it is great to hear from a satisfied client of over 16 years. At Member Solutions, we take pride in developing and maintaining long-term partnerships with our clients. We¿re grateful for your trust and support. We look forward to continuing to provide easy to use software and robust billing options for many years to come. ¿ The Member Solutions Team
October 28, 2018
Ken M.
August 19, 2015

“Great Martial Arts Member System!”

OverallI have been a Member Solutions client since 2003. And as my business has evolved, I was happy to hear that MS was striving to meet my new requirements as well. I have always struggled with 2 or 3 different systems to manage my members. But when I started using MyVolo in February 2015, my administrative nightmares were over. I now had one place I could go to manage my in-house credit card billings, Member Solutions billings, and storefront items. And it all works seamlessly with MS Constellation Payment Systems. Of yes, and thank to Constellation Payments I now save hundreds of dollars on Merchant Processing every month. One of the key things I like is that the development team is also willing to listen to ideas that could streamline and/or make the system for effective in the future. I highly recommend using MyVolo!

By Member Solutions on August 19, 2015
Thanks Ken for such a positive review of myVolo. It's great to hear that your school now has an integrated solution for member management, billing, POS, and payment processing. Constellation Payments has been a great addition to our portfolio of products and I am happy we are saving you money every month. Please keep the development ideas coming, as we want to continually improve myVolo. Thanks for your business and your continued support of Member Solutions. - Joe Galea - Senior Vice President Client Relations.
August 19, 2015
Michelle F.
February 7, 2018

“It's been an all around pleasant experience. ”

ProsThe software is easy of use. I find it easy to navigate , do client and financial updates and run reports.

By Member Solutions on February 13, 2018
Michelle, it is great to hear from a satisfied client of nearly seven years. At Member Solutions, we take pride in developing and maintaining long-term partnerships with our clients. We¿re grateful for your trust and support. We look forward to continuing to provide you with the great experience you deserve for many years to come. ¿ The Member Solutions Team
February 7, 2018
Chrystal G.
Admin
October 5, 2012

“Practicality of Volo”

OverallIt is really practical for any business that is based in the fitness industry or runs scheduled classes. Not only does it track schedules, income and general bookkeeping, it can be used to categorize and contact your clients automatically with reminders or sales interests. This system saves a lot of time so that you have additional time to allocate to other things.
Pros-Generally intuitive to use -very effective business management tool -allows effective tracking of sessions and billing -customizable to your business
Cons-can't send attachments with emails -can't select individuals from a class list and email them, need to search them all individually from members menu which is a lot less convenient -isn't directly exportable in .xls format so extra steps required -cannot delete contacts completely, they can only be deactivated which means items are sometimes sold to a duplicate but deactivated account -cannot completely delete a credit card number so data gets cluttered and confusing -does not display email address on printed invoice
October 5, 2012
Catherine C.
Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees
May 2, 2017

“Terrible software riddled w/glitches, patch fixes cause new issues, loss of biz income, DO NOT BUY! ”

OverallNone. I would never recommend this program to anyone, it's terrible and I'm not sure why it is still on the market.
ConsEverything is a con in this software. Don't make the same error I did buy this junk. Currently, I'm shopping to migrate everything to a new software program.There is nothing positive to say about this program. I've lost money, clients, valuable time, customer leads, income, the list goes on. Absolutely awful.

By Member Solutions on October 5, 2017
Catherine, thank you for sharing your feedback. We're committed to providing the best possible solution for your business and we value your input. We continuously invest in software enhancements that will improve the experience for you and all our clients. We encourage you to share additional feedback with us directly at 877.600.3811. ¿ The Member Solutions Team
May 2, 2017
Lori M.
February 9, 2015

“MyVolo for Motion Fitness Center”

OverallMyVolo has made opening a gym a very simple operation. I was worried about the software, as I have worked in the medical field and in a law office, and as a result, I experienced 5 different software programs, some easy, some very difficult. MyVolo has been extremely easy to learn. I received an online tutor at first who basically helped me set up my memberships and contracts. Then when we opened our business, my questions were directed to their live chat operators who were also very knowledgeable and very understanding, as well as patient. When I had a problem or question, I could get it answered immediately. This is very important to me. I did not have to go home at night and worry about my issue, it was solved immediately. I have always been able to reach a live person when I have needed them as well. I would recommend myVolo to anyone in the fitness industry. It is easy to use as well as very thorough. I cannot think of anything they have missed in their design. I feel their monthly fee's are reasonable as well. They deserve the five star rating that I have given them! Bravo!
February 9, 2015
Dean N.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
December 9, 2016

“Used to use this program. ”

OverallWish our company was still using this as opposed to other software. The interface was simple and easy to use. Their biggest problem was they were always way behind the curve getting any new innovations up and running.
ProsEasy to use interface. Back end invoicing was easy to track and payments got to my account fast.
ConsSlow to adapt to new innovations. Not a lot of features.
Recommendations to other buyersThey are starting to get with the times - I am strongly considering switching back to them after using the disaster of another software for the past 6 months.
December 9, 2016
Jeff N.
August 6, 2015

“I thought I'd save a couple of $$ ... But what a pain in the A$$!”

Overall I began to transition away from Member Solutions to use a popular software application that contained a self-billing feature. I admit, with a school my size, the cost savings sounded attractive and with my delinquency fairly low, I thought I was making a smart business decision. This was a HUGE mistake. It didn't take long for me to realize that not only was our focus shifting away from what made us successful but the vibe at our school was changing too, mostly with staff ' Now having to become bill collectors. It's very difficult to quantify the cost these changes has had on our business but I know that Member Solutions is the best value for our dollars spent.

By Member Solutions on August 6, 2015
Hi Jeff, Thank you for sharing your support and positive experience with Member Solutions. We take pride in helping Martial Arts School Owners focus on teaching great classes and having good relationships with their students. - Joe Galea - Senior Vice President Client Relations.
August 6, 2015
Corine L.
April 1, 2015

“Great Customer Service, Good Software”

OverallThe customer service from training to getting our account set up has been great! Jeffrey Dimascio trained me on the software and he was more than helpful, extremely knowledgeable and seemed to thoroughly enjoy his job. Thanks JD! The Volo software is good. They are constantly updating and trying to improve to make it fit every customer's needs. There are a couple of things I'd like to see added and streamlined in the software but overall I think its the best and most comprehensive of its kind for the type of business that we run. Thanks for your support Volo!

By Member Solutions on April 2, 2015
Corine, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are proud to have JD as a member of our Training and Implementation Team. Thank you for choosing myVolo and for being our customer. We look forward to hearing your specific ideas on how we can improve our software to help you manage your business. Best regards, Jeff Harris - Manager - Product Strategy & Planning
April 1, 2015
Thomas M.
February 5, 2013

“Quarterly Review - Feb 2013”

OverallI'm still having difficulty navigating through the software at times trying to resolve problems that I most likely created learning the system. I'm happy with the system, but still learning my way in the process.
ProsCustomer support (on-line chat but more specifically via telephone) has been outstanding. The software system is certainly fully functional for maintaining staff schedules and processing account payments.
ConsThe software seems designed more for the large, big box fitness clubs, which could make it difficult for small boutique type clubs where staff requirements are more personalized and facilities are more constrained. For someone like me that was not familiar with fitness club software, I found the business software concept difficult to grasp. Initial training was limited to several 30-min webinars where the client spent more time watching the instructor operate the software instead of gaining hands-on experience. There was a level of frustration on the part of the instructor because I had difficulty understand the overall concept of terms and processes. Introductory training was rudimentary at best and did not help much in terms of learning how the total system was designed to be used. Jeff D in customer support has taught me more in during telephone support calls and guided me through the system to correct a number of problems I had. Can't say enough about his terrific help!
February 5, 2013
Marcela O.
January 6, 2017

“Disappointed customer in Toronto”

OverallI have been a volo customer for 4 years. I decided to sign up with volo because it was a Canadian company that offered great prices and amazing customer service. They just increased their prices without letting customer know. Last month they charged my credit card without my approval. When I called in they said sorry we increased our prices and now we charge in USD not CAN anymore! I want my money back and I am looking for a new affordable software for my small business.
January 6, 2017
Larry C.
Director of Business Operations and IT
June 6, 2016

“Easy to use and backed by excellent customer service!”

OverallSince first coming on board with MSI back in early 2013, our billing processes have changed dramatically for the better! From the ease of use with the web interface to, to the reporting and with the contact to the customer service team everything has been fantastic! It is very easy to make the necessary adjustments to payments as they are in process and that helps keep your clients happy and loyal. Switching vendors is always thought to be a daunting feat, but the on-boarding team when switching from our former vendor took care of us with extreme care and worked very well with us as things unfolded. I would recommend the MSI team highly for billing services!

By Member Solutions on June 9, 2016
Larry, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our service. We view each client¿s needs as unique and train our staff to think accordingly. We truly appreciate your comments and your business. Margo Stauffer - Director of Customer Service
June 6, 2016
Sheridan L.
Assistant Manager
April 7, 2016

“WORST SYSTEM EVER!!”

OverallThis has got to be the WORST billing system our company has ever used. We switched to Member Solutions with high hopes but it turned out to be a huuuuge let down. For one, their customer service sucks! We were promised one point of contact. Instead, they had us going from person to person before we could actually ask a question only to give us the runaround. We had a lot of unanswered emails and when they did reply, they took forever to get back to us. As a billing service, also give it one-star. We had A LOT of people not billed on time, people getting overcharged, and even people who weren't getting charged so we had to settle payment issues with our members ourselves. We had a lot of unhappy members as a result. Also, there's practically two services: Member Solutions and My Volo. They do not operate together so we had to constantly go back and forth. As a result, there were a lot of inconsistencies in billing, reports, payments etc. They're basically two different companies, each with the same horrible service. Finally, we decided we would no longer do business with Members Solutions/My Volo and switched to a different company. It's so much easier has good customer service. However, even though we are through with Member Solutions/My Volo, they keep billing us! So they're still giving us trouble even after we got rid of them. My advice, don't bother with Member Solutions/My Volo.
April 7, 2016
Jeff G.
May 14, 2013

“Best business decision I have ever made”

OverallI would HIGHLY recommend using Member Solutions for any business that accepts automated payments. They really are worth the cost, no matter what size your business is.
ProsFrom day one, I started my customers billing with Member Solutions. I have never had to follow up with delinquent payments, past due customers, and I get paid on time every time, each month. It saves me a lot of time not having to worry about money coming in and being able to focus on my business instead of chasing down payments. Best of all, Member Solutions has the best customer service. I feel like they are part of my business and couldn't do it without them.
ConsI have not found any cons with this.
May 14, 2013
Anthony S.
Sports, Unspecified
January 26, 2017

“buyer beware, not worth the money”

Overallthis product is subpar and hard to navigate, the company will keep charging you even though your not using the product. Stay away from this company there are better products on the market.
Proshaving access from the web
Conshard to navigate, very frustrating setting up clients/
Recommendations to other buyersDon't buy it horrible product, company will keep charging even after you canceled their services.
January 26, 2017
Steve G.
August 1, 2013

“myVolo has been a great addition to my studio”

OverallI've been using myVolo software for just over a year now and it has helped me in so many ways. I'm only at my studio one day a week and I use the software to manage my business from a distance. I can see what happens on any given day simply by logging in to my site. It easily helps me track student attendance, payroll, and billing. Additionally, it has added thousands of dollars to my overall operation with systematized and automated lead follow up with prospects captured through my website or from attending an event at my studio. I highly recommend anyone in the fitness or martial arts industry to check out this software. As someone who knows firsthand what wearing all of the hats means, I can honestly tell you this software will make your life easier and you business better.
August 1, 2013
Korie S.
Senior Instructor/Black Belt Council President
March 13, 2018

“Good product, but somewhat lacking”

ProsAutomatic billing is easy to set up Management of delinquent accounts is simple Customer service is top notch
ConsSearching for members/users seems a bit clumsy Web interface in general seems a bit clunky Custom reports/reports with additional information would be nice

By Member Solutions on March 14, 2018
Hi, Korie. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our software and services. We're so glad to hear that we've provided you with top notch Customer Service, and an easy to use system for billing and delinquency management. We'd like to learn more about your thoughts on reporting. Please call 877.600.3811 to speak with our support team. Thank you for your business and partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team
March 13, 2018
Danielle E.
Membership Supervisor
April 19, 2016

“Needed new software after business transition. myVolo is very easy to use after initial set up.”

OverallEasy to use and learn and the training staff (Alejandro) is always available when we have additional questions or problems. We are somewhat limited in what we are able to research for reports for our facility and data entry is somewhat tedious. Overall pleased.

By Member Solutions on May 3, 2016
Hello Danielle, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that your set up went well and that you are finding the software easy to use. We take great pride in providing free and extensive training to our clients, and I will pass along your compliment to Alejandro. If you need help with setting up reports, please contact support at 877-600-3811 or support@membersolutions.com. Sincerely, Justin Bodamer - Manager, Implementation and Support
Dmitry G.

“CS Nightmare”

OverallWorking with MS was a customer service nightmare. When our business signed up to use their service, we were promised a comprehensive point-of-sale and lead management software solution (MyVolo) and full billing and account servicing (Member Solutions). What was not disclosed to us was that the software company (MyVolo) had only recently been purchased by the billing company (Member Solutions) and the two were practically acting as separate entities. This turned into a customer service nightmare as there were two completely CS departments that did not communicate with each other. On top of the immense amount of CS issues, the software was only partially functional with the billing side and thus many members of our business ended up with double charges, over charges, etc. Furthermore, Member Solutions did an incredibly poor job of collecting payments from our members and ended causing a massive deficit in our monthly income (we later hired a part-time account manager who worked independently to collect over $10K in overdue payments in a matter of weeks.) On top of all this, their Customer Service reps were incredibly rude and unhelpful. Steer clear if you value your customers and your sanity.
Della V.
September 18, 2012

“Made me Money in the first month!”

OverallI am very pleased with VOLO...LOVE it!!
ProsThe Volo system tracks my clients sessions and shows me when they are out of sessions and need to purchase more - not only does this take the headache out of tracking clients sessions, it shows a detail report(which is VERY easy to print) of what sessions the client has taken - this one feature has paid for my entire year of Volo in the first few weeks on having the system - and is continuing to save me a great deal of money!!
ConsI have no issues, the system in easy to use and very "friendly"
September 18, 2012
Alesia D.
General Manager
June 8, 2016

“Great operating system!!!”

OverallWe always appreciate the great support team, new consistent upgrades and the friendly team who listen to our needs and requests. This system has helped Karate Kids run a much improved business.

By Member Solutions on June 9, 2016
Thank you for the wonderful review. We do invest heavily in our team to try and provide the best service and support to our clients. We very much appreciate the recognition for that. Get ready for some awesome new features coming your way in our next release and thank you for sharing your experience with myVolo Martial Arts Software! - Joe Galea - Senior Vice President Client Relations
June 8, 2016
O'Brien B.
Program Director/ Head instructor
August 11, 2015

“It has alot of potential and great options. It just takes getting used to. ”

OverallThere are so many pros to this program. I think the messaging and communication with the members is awesome. The one con I can think of is the 5 page contract. Going from 2 to 5 pages makes for an added ink and paper expense. I would like to add that the training staff was great very helpful.

By Member Solutions on August 13, 2015
O'Brien, I am glad to hear you are exploring the software and finding so many useful features. Feel free to contact us if you need any help with additional training on the software. We value your business. - Joe Galea - Senior Vice President Client Relations.
August 11, 2015
Cathie G.
Supervisor / Head Trainer / Volo administrator
October 3, 2012

“Volo review ”

OverallGreat program, has saved a lot of money for us already. I like the fact that I can book when out on the road doing appointments for clients.In general it was a very easy program to learn and understand.
Pros- easy to program - easy to add new clients with new functions - great for invoicing and billing - great for keeping track of client packages to avoid revenue losses
Cons- can be tedious to create several different packages for similar things as it only removes stuff that is already programmed in. Would be nice to have the ability to add things on when necessary or remove things so we don't have to create a whole new item in packages section . - need to develop an easier way to book time off . I have found it too easy for my staff to accidentally remove a whole series which means I have lost appointment information. It should also stay on the date you were booking off rather than reverting to today's date.
October 3, 2012