Kipu EMR Ratings

Overall

About Kipu EMR

Cloud-based EMR for behavioral and addiction treatment centers that helps with features such as billing, CRM and more. Learn more about Kipu EMR

Kenneth G.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
May 16, 2019

“Horrible Customer Service”

ProsThe rep was amazing throughout the entire process.
ConsThe CEO will not return a signed contract. Then when you ask an employee to complete a task that was outlined in the contract, they respond with "let me check to see if that's possible." The CEO then chimes on the email and says "if you can produce a signed contract then we'll do it." The accounts payable clerk could use a good lesson in simply professionalism. The CFO is a joke at best when he isnt being undermined by the CEO. The general counsel is a pompous jerk that does nothing to keep the company out of litigation. The rep is just as unprofessional as the rest of the bunch. I was forwarded an email from the CEO to his staff where he stated: "my mission is to make as much money as possible and to dominate this industry at all cost." I cannot believe that I thought considered this company.
May 16, 2019
Lindsy A.
Billing Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
September 25, 2018

“BEST EMR!”

OverallGreat experience!! Wonderful, friendly customer service! I highly recommend KIPU among all the rest! As a biller its the quickest, easiest and most efficient way to get everything I need.
ProsI love the easy functionality of KIPU, I have used other EMR systems for facilities that our managed by our company and KIPU is by far the best. Kipu is worth the investment. I know it may be a little more pricey than the others (i.e. best notes, Zen charts) but you truly get what you pay for!
ConsThe change in the face sheet of a patient. Now when printing out the face sheet for a file the insurance information cuts off and no longer on the first sheet. It makes it less convenient as opposed to when it was available on one page.
September 25, 2018
Katie V.
Account Manager
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
June 5, 2018

“It is obvious from the start that this software was written with great care and completeness.”

OverallKipu is the core resource in our office!
ProsI use this software all day everyday and it never fails me. The layout is simple and thorough, easy to navigate and visually pleasing. I have recently started using the Reports feature and it has made gathering information much more efficient. It literally used to take me 1-2 hours to gather specific data that is now at my fingertips in a matter of seconds using their customized reports.
ConsThe only improvement I would like to see is an added search field available at all times, say, in the Settings/Help Menu Bar.
June 5, 2018
Amanda O.
Director of Rehabilitation Planning
Mental Health Care, 201-500 employees
June 9, 2017

“The KIPU EMR Software is VERY Strong in delivering quality, clinical services. ”

OverallKIPU has everything you need to support clinical staff in the delivery of high quality substance use disorder and mental health care services.
ProsAn EMR is one of the most important components of any treatment center, mental health or substance use disorder treatment. KIPU delivers a very sophisticated offer of customizations that are easy to use for providers and their employees. The Training and Customer support are the best of all the systems I reviewed.
ConsThe connection to billing services is good, and could use some improvements. Other software programs make "one screen" billing operations easier for the administrative staff to track payments from insurance companies and run client payments through the billing portal.
June 9, 2017
ROSIE B.
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
November 23, 2016

“Great EMR for Addiction Treatment Centers”

OverallIt has a lot of features and a lot of customization. The cool thing is that their integration team worked with us to understand our needs. They got it up and running on time and on budget. Our staff loves it compared to what we had before. It's really much better than the competition.
ProsEasy to use. Staff loves it.
ConsIt's on the more expensive side, but it pays for itself.

By Kipu Systems on November 23, 2016
It's our pleasure to have you as a client.
November 23, 2016
Christina M.
Administrative Assistant
Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees
January 29, 2019

“KIP EMR for Substance Abuse”

ProsEase of use for charting. User friendly and I like that adjustment can be made easily in order to accommodate our program.
ConsKipu calander is not as user friendly as Outlook calendar. Sometimes switching between programs and/or clients is convoluted.
January 29, 2019
Cory K.
None
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
August 21, 2018

“Lacks Functionality and Timeliness”

OverallUnfortunately, my experience with KIPU was never great. I actually didn't want to implement it but my boss overruled me. As time went on, I was proven correct, which wasn't a good thing. It just wasn't conducive to our type of addiction rehabilitation practice.
ProsIt's generally good for the clinicians, easy and straightforward.
ConsThe functionality is limited. It's not built for a spectrum of practices and that presents a problem. They often say a function is coming in the next couple of months but isn't around after 18 months. The customer support is not as well-versed in the software as they should be. You can't make customized reports.
August 21, 2018
Jessica C.
Collections specialist
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
July 26, 2018

“Easy to navigate.”

OverallI think it's a good Electronic Medical Record option for facilities.
ProsIt was easy to find the necessary information I was searching for and it was self explanatory. It's nice to be able to sign and complete documentation online and have everything needed in one place for admission, treatment, and discharge.
ConsWhen trying to search for a patient, if there is more than one account for a patient, there isn't enough identifying information and it's not clear as to which one is the correct selection.
July 26, 2018
Robert C.
Billing Manager
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
July 19, 2018

“Great software”

ProsSo simple to use and navigate! We access this software for one of our facilities and it is extremely easy to get any and all information
ConsNothing that affects me directly. I hear price can be a concern however I access it for one of my clients that uses and pays for it.
July 19, 2018
NESTOR S.
DIRECTOR
Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees
November 27, 2016

“Kipu saved our Treatment Center”

OverallKipu dramatically improved our intake times. It's a little pricey, but so far it's been well worth it. My staff is very happy with it.
ProsIntuitive. Fast. Very robust.
ConsA little expensive.
November 27, 2016
Benjamin R.
Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees
December 6, 2016

“Kipu is the number one provider for treatment centers”

OverallKIPU helped us out with our treatment center. KIPU has excellent customer service that's very helpful for all of our needs.
ProsFast turnaround time.
ConsA little bit expensive.
December 6, 2016