HQ Rental Software Ratings

Overall

About HQ Rental Software

HQ is the Online Headquarters for your rental business. We help you steer your business to the next level! HQ includes an online reservation plugin that will be installed on your website. Our user-friendly system allows you to manage your vehicles, rates, add-ons and maintenance. It also includes customer relationship management and a portal for third-party sales agents. Learn more about HQ Rental Software

Augusto T.
June 18, 2019

“Thank you for so great software”

OverallI was searching on the web during months, comparing all the solutions indicated here in Capterra related to rent a car on cloud solutions. I choosed 3 of them, and after some conversations, negotiations and comparisions, we decided finally for HQ Rental Software. I must say that we are happy to take such decission. We use this on the cloud software for our rent a car company, and we are growing thanks, among other reasons, thanks to this solution.
ProsThere are a lot of things that like to us. First, is a solution tailored for rent a car niche, and really fits all our needs and more. The help desk team is great, ALWAYS answer to our requests and ALWAYS there is a solution for our needs, and in our native language, spanish. There is a great iphone app that we use for our daily job and is highly customizable. In only 1 week the solution was really adapted to our needs!. Is stable, reliable and the price is fair.
ConsThere are not major problems at all. Of course all can be improved, like the iphone app with more features, but until today fits our needs.
June 18, 2019
Erwin B.
December 22, 2017

“HQ is the real deal! The system is extremely flexible and the HQ support staff is amazing!”

OverallHQ has automated and standardized so many of our daily tasks. As the company owner it is now much easier for me to delegate tasks to our employees. And with the management dashboards I can monitor how the business is doing.
ProsWe offer short term and long term car rentals so a lot of the software solutions that we were comparing did not include all the features that we needed. With HQ we can easily manage both. One of the most important features for long term rentals are the payment schedules. Now that we have this up and running it's going to save us so much time and headaches down the road. We also really like the fact that our customers can sign for the Rental Agreement on a tablet device and then we send a copy by email, so we've stopped printing!
ConsThe number of settings was a little overwhelming at first but once you get the hang of it and the system is configured you understand how much power there is in the settings.
December 22, 2017
Ercylio O.
Director of Operations
Retail, 11-50 employees
October 9, 2019

“Excellent Software for the Vehicle Rentals”

OverallWith the business problems we had, we were looking for a solution that would allow us to manage internal and external fleet use. The Support team at HQ is outstanding and they really are "solution Mode" Folks.
Pros- Ease of rate setup - Ease to embed on website template - good pricing structure -flexible workflow
Cons- poor on Parking fines management. - Poor on Checkout and Checking procedures.
October 9, 2019
Stephan H.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, Self-employed
December 21, 2017

“Absolutely Amazing experience and fabulous customer service. Will recommend their work to everyone! ”

OverallSaves me time. Looks professional. Helps me managing bookings and be more efficient.
ProsThe customer support is absolutely fantastic. They do whatever you ask. Sometimes i felt i ask too much, but never was my request ever too large or not doable. The support staff called me numerous times to go through the system step by step and making you feel very comfortable with all features of the system / software. You are really becoming very familiar with the software quickly which is great and it is straight forward. Great way to save time and manage your business and fleet. Again i cannot mention enough the great quality in customer support which for me was better than anything else. But to come back to the software, it really works for my business setup and the results is impeccable. So sad I could not have find them earlier. Really amazing. Looking forward to work with them more often now in the future. For all those working behind the scenes which I do not know personally whom also assisted with the setup, we thank you so much.

By Caag Software on December 22, 2017
Thank you Stephan for the nice review! We're happy to hear you had a great experience with us. We look forward to visit you some time in the beautiful Seychelles...we already know where to rent a car!
December 21, 2017
Moses w.
April 12, 2018

“Friendly- Easy to use- Support works well”

OverallPay less get more
Pros The HQ team was able to help me start my new business as a franchisee. Within a couple weeks they also helped me to complete a nice looking website that is responsive and that allows my clients to make online bookings. A few months in now, I can really see how the system will help me to continue to grow my business. There are different layers to the system and as my company grows I can enable new features. The HQ team was also very helpful during the setup process to configure the system to my requirements. And when I run into questions I know there will be someone there to help me out.
ConsThey should work more on drag and drop features rather then fields to be filled .More colors in graphs and statistics.

By Caag Software on April 16, 2018
Thanks Moses we will take your feedback into consideration as well.
April 12, 2018
John H.
Managing Partner
April 30, 2018

“Everything and more!”

ProsThe HQ Rental software was exactly what we were looking for. We performed due diligence on over 4 companies that provided rental software solutions and we selected HQ Rental because of its flexibility, depth of features and most importantly, its customer-centric support model. Their nimble software product combined with their attentive support and deep on-line knowledge base allowed us to bring our offering to market with minimal stress and complication. Once implemented, the use of reporting and dashboards, the flexibility tying into payment processors and accounting software to name a couple of their integrations, has allowed for us to make our rental business operational and manageable.
ConsIf I had to choose something to note as least likable, it would be the process required to fine tune forms. By no means a deal breaker, just know that this is where I would like to see some enhancements with future versions of this fantastic product.

By Caag Software on May 2, 2018
Dear John, Thanks for your kind review as well as your feedback. We will continue to work hard to enhance our system! Best wishes, Ries
April 30, 2018
Yelitza G.
August 18, 2017

“This is a very user-friendly system that makes our work a lot easier and is flexible to configure.”

ProsThe system allows us to automate a lot of our tasks which creates a company standard and saves us significant time. What's nice is that this software was originally built for car rentals but it is flexible to use for any type of rental business. We're also happy that we can access the system from anywhere seeing as it is cloud-based. As owners of the company we enjoy traveling ourselves and we feel like we can still monitor the business while we are abroad.
ConsWe are based in a location with unstable internet so sometimes we are forced to register reservations on paper and then enter them in the system when it comes back online. Unfortunately the system is not available offline.
August 18, 2017
Paula P.
April 26, 2017

“Great personal attention!”

OverallWe were in the process of starting up our car rental company in Orlando. The HQ team was incredibly helpful during the setup process and always responded quickly when we were in doubt. They also helped us implement the reservation tool on our website and we've been very happy with the results so far!
ProsThe software is very user-friendly because it is simple. But there are also a lot of hidden Settings that can be activated if and when we need them. The layout is also quite nice :)
ConsIt took some time commitment to configure the system. We had to import all our vehicle information, rate structures and additional features that we sell. We received a lot of valuable support from the HQ team so this made things easier for us. In the end, we now feel like our young company functions like a very structured organization.
Recommendations to other buyersThe effort to setup a system like this will give you a lot of peace of mind and will help you focus on the important things of your business.

By Caag Software on April 26, 2017
Thank you Paula for your kind words. We're excited to see that our system is helping you grow your business and allowing you to focus on the most important things. We look forward to a long-term business relationship!
April 26, 2017
Emmanuel A.
Director Of Client Relations
September 11, 2018

“Fantastic software and staff”

ProsThe software is very versatile and easy to use. The design is up-to-date with today's expectations unlike most outdated software designs in the same industry. The staff are very reliable and are constantly adding new useful features while also taking on a lot of custom requests. Would definitely recommend to anyone in the rental industry.
ConsI wish they support a more CRM based experience around the client.

By Caag Software on September 12, 2018
Thanks Emmanuel for your great review! We will continue adding new features that will also be related to easy communication with the client.
David H.
Asset Lite
Automotive, Unspecified
April 26, 2018

“Very flexible and mordern platform, superior customer support”

OverallMost of our daily work is now automated, we save a lot of time and manpower! This means we can scale up our business at no cost.
Pros- customer support (24h) - they do everything to match your demands - modern, state-of-the-art software - price/value you get a lot for your money - they support you beyond the purchase We're really happy about our choice as we never experienced such a great support with any other software we tested - and believe me we had several trial accounts. But what's the biggest plus: They we're able to fully customize the software for our requirements - and they still do.
ConsAs we're in the German market, we needed to translate a lot manually - and there are still some flaws we need to tackle. Furthermore you should be prepared to spend some time with the software, to fully undestand it as they built in so many features.

By Caag Software on April 29, 2018
Thanks David, we're happy to be of help!
April 26, 2018
ELWIN C.
May 30, 2019

“very satisfied and pleased with this product ”

OverallNow that i have started to use this software, i am able to manage my bookings, vehicle maintenance, and plan in advance for both low and high season, and would recommend this software to anyone.
ProsI love that it is easy to set up and navigate and customize to suit your company needs
Consat this point i can't say that i have one.
Gezim H.
August 25, 2017

“HQ Rental Software is created by professionals! System is really flexible and easy to use.”

OverallNow my booking website is fully running and for my clients and company users it is perfect and fast to book and manage the fleet.
Pros I recently purchased their HQ Reservation system, and what I liked about them is that they set up the booking portal very fast for me. I had some requirements for the portal settings, but they did not have a problem to comply with these requirements. I spoke with them a lot before and after I purchased the solution, because I had a lot of questions. They always answered or replied to my emails, I really cannot complain. Now my website is all set up!
ConsThere are minor things like calendar that needs to be improved but overall is perfect for a booking rental solution.

By Caag Software on August 25, 2017
Thank you Gezim for your kind words. We look forward to help you grow your business in every way that we can!
August 25, 2017
Paul H.
Business Innovation Manager
Real Estate, 1001-5000 employees
May 24, 2019

“Car sharing solution”

OverallHQ are a great service provider and true partner. They are responsive, collaborative and work hard to deliver client requirements.
ProsIts flexibility and UX. Its intuitive and easy to use allowing us to concentrate on delivering a great car sharing service for our customers.
ConsThe built in templates for customer agreements did not meet our needs. However the team worked with us to add the customization needed.
May 24, 2019
Colin A.
April 4, 2019

“Easy to Use and Excellent Support”

OverallExcellent value, great features, and 5 star support.
ProsOnce set up, this software is fantastic. Very easy to use and train staff to use. It is so user friendly for staff, my team was ready to start selling within 45 minutes of training. The customer support is terrific. They are helpful and fast to reply. I have any question answered within a day, and the answer or item I need help with far exceeds my expectations. I wish I had found HQ sooner.
ConsThere are many ways to customize the software to your specific use, which is great! At first, the options can seem overwhelming, but customer support and chat agents are great to help you get going. As you learn the program, you are grateful for all the options.
April 4, 2019
Casey S.
March 25, 2019

“Great People to Work With! ”

OverallMy overall experience has been fantastic!
ProsThe software is very easy to use and the HQ staff is very responsive when you have a question or request. I have used 2 other software providers over the past 14 years and this has been my best experience to date. We are a rapidly growing organization and I see that HQ can scale with us as we open more locations. The initial settings can take some time but it's worth it because it allows plenty of customization to meet your operation's specific needs. I highly recommend HQ whether you are a startup or a large corporate -operation.
ConsI would like to see multiple rates per season. As I understand it, this is something to be expected in the future.
March 25, 2019
Aulden H.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 501-1000 employees
December 3, 2018

“Excellent Rental Software”

OverallThe software has greatly improved our rental service - giving detailed stats and analysis. It's also improving our customer experience. It feels that as our fleet grows the developers are ready to grow / improve with us and that as long as we're with HQ Rental we will have the technological edge over our competitors
ProsWe use their car rental software which is feature rich and simple to use. The best part is the awesome customer support who are always ready to listen to suggestions and add new features when requested.
ConsThere is not a lot to dislike. Currently it ticks all nearly all the boxes. The only feature we're missing is a way of dealing with provisional bookings. We've discussed this with the developers and the feature is on the cards.
December 3, 2018
Scott W.
February 11, 2019

“Real customer support”

OverallWe integrated HQ with our website so we're running our business exactly how way had in mind. With the HQ Tour Operators module, it's also easy for us to work with "sales agents" that can make bookings and earn a commission so that's helping us grow the business quickly.
ProsWe really liked having a personal account manager (CSR) to help us go through the setup process. The system is well-designed and pretty straight forward but it's just very nice to be able to get quick replies on the live chat, whenever we did have some questions about the system.
ConsHQ really tries to deliver a complete solution. The only thing they do not have yet is GPS tracking, but I can understand how that is not really part of their system.
February 11, 2019
Grigore Z.
Assistant Housekeeping Manager
March 9, 2018

“We were on the market for a car rental software and stumbled upon HQ. They proved to be a real gem.”

OverallFlexible modern design adjusted to our needs.
ProsFlexible design. Ease of use. Modern look. Open for improvements. Always find a way to create solutions to our individual needs. Seamless integration. User friendly. Excellent customer service. They always goes above and beyond to make sure our needs are met. WordPress integration. Willing to add new payment processing merchants. Free 30 days trial.
ConsMaybe having an educational or training video. Although their staff walked us through every step of the reservation system and educated us on all the ins and outs.

By Caag Software on March 13, 2018
Thanks for your kind words Grigore. We're happy to see you up and running in the system!
March 9, 2018
Sean B.
Managing Director
Automotive, 201-500 employees
December 9, 2017

“I found out about Caag Software by Googling "Car Rental Software" and I've been extremely Impressed”

OverallIt's allow us to run our rental fleet nd give us complete transparency. Moving forward, we'll be able to implement other functionality built into the software that will help with support our business. There are also customer facing features which we've yet to utilise, but in time we'll definitely be investigating further and hopefully integrating them in our own website.
ProsThe help with setting up the software was done remotely and was very comprehensive. The system was very flexible, so all our specific requirements could be met, in fact, we've now been able to do more than we expected.

By Caag Software on December 11, 2017
Thank you Sean! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to implement more of our features with you in due time.
December 9, 2017
Grigore Z.
Assistant Housekeeping Manager
December 20, 2018

“Excellent service and product. ”

OverallVery happy with the customer service received.
ProsThe ability of the team to respond to new needs of the customer and create new functions and integrations.
ConsTakes a bit of time to learn where everything is in the system. But once you do its awesome.
December 20, 2018
Nikita K.
Amitours.Rent
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees
July 3, 2018

“Some features still on solving level almost 3 month”

ProsRental agreement is comfortable (but there no option to put damage car map for minivans), calendar also quite comfortable but need some improvements.
ConsCalendar is not very comfortable for use, because calendar start each Sunday, and sometimes difficult to see which reservation was previous and which reservation were on week ends.

By Caag Software on July 5, 2018
Dear Nikita, Thank you for your review. It is actually possible to upload a damage map for a minivan or any other type of vehicle. Feel free to email us the image and we will add it for you. With regards to the Calendar you can toggle between different views on the top right. Kind regards, Ries
July 3, 2018
Simon L.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees
June 23, 2017

“The most flexible rental software solution on the planet”

OverallIt streamlines all our business processes into one software suite.
ProsWhen we first got in touch with the HQ Rental team, we had already tested around 30 different software solutions for our motorbike rental business. In each solution we bumped in to some sort of show stopper with our long list of requirements. 95% of the features we wanted, was there, and the other 5% HQ Rental team went above and beyond to create these features for us ( and i'm sure they will be made available to other customers as well).

By Caag Software on June 23, 2017
Thank you Simon! We look forward towards a long-term working relationship.
June 23, 2017
Abram M.
Rental/Fleet Manager
Automotive, 51-200 employees
October 25, 2017

“What a great company!”

OverallWe were able to make a quick and easy transition from a paper based system to a fully integrated electronic system within a week or so. The transition was never overwhelming or difficult. Anything I asked for was given to me and made easy.
ProsThe software is easy to use and the customization is FANTASTIC! Customer support will work to make sure your experience is smooth and easy. They also work really fast and make sure everything is to your exact liking. Any issue I have come across with the software is taken care of or changed to better suit my needs and liking.
October 25, 2017
Charles N.
Web Developer
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
September 11, 2018

“Great software, with great support! ”

OverallHQ rental allowed us to move most of our in-store bookings to our website. Booking is now fully automatized, managing our fleet availability and generating the contracts for us.
ProsBy far the most complete renting software, with many features (fleet management, contract automatization, damages overview, payment integration, etc) and great customer support.
ConsA few minor bugs, that we fixed with the HQ rental developer team

By Caag Software on September 19, 2018
Thanks Charles! Great work also on your end - building a beautiful front-end.
Heather F.
October 24, 2018

“Fantastic!”

OverallThe biggest benefit is working with an extremely responsive team that is ready to help and customize the software to our needs which ultimately makes our daily operations easier, quicker and more effective.
ProsThe software is very user friendly, support is always available and quickly resolves issues, and all around it's a great system.
ConsNavigating some parts of the system can be a little tricky but HQ can quickly reconfigure and resolve any of these issues.
October 24, 2018
Mark S.
Administrator
May 31, 2018

“Awesome. These guys are very professional and at the same time personable, a pleasure to work with.”

ProsThe ease of use! It takes next to no time to find your way around. There is a wealth of information at your fingertips almost from day one.
ConsAt first it wasn't a perfect fit as no two companies manage things in the same way. However, this has been overcome due to the dedicated development team who have tailored many aspects of the software to suit our needs. Highly recommended!!
May 31, 2018
Renska J.
Financial Manager
September 23, 2017

“The reservation system helped us in facilitating our everyday business activities. ”

OverallThis software improved and facilitated our everyday business activities.
ProsThis software tells you immediately which vehicles are available and which aren't. It saves you time and helps you stay organized.
ConsThe software is less flexible compared to when you're keeping track of your vehicles with pen and paper, but it's still manageable.

By Caag Software on September 25, 2017
Thank you Renska! We look forward to continue to help you make the business more efficient.
September 23, 2017
Cristian T.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees
August 15, 2018

“Andean Roads Motorhome Rentals SRL”

OverallVery good. Satisfied customer.
ProsLots of tools to organize my rental business, some I found more useful than others but it is good to have options and the chance to optimize things with time. Customer support is outstanding.
ConsDespite customer support's efforts, it was not possible to configure the rental calendar exactly for our needs.
August 15, 2018
Chase S.
Marketing Technologist
Automotive, 201-500 employees
November 20, 2018

“Modern, Easy to Use Rental Software”

OverallOverall been a good experience, and worth the change. We used TSD rental before and it was very outdated and expensive.
Pros- Easy of use compared to other systems - Flexibility for customization - Low Monthly Cost
Cons- Limitations in the system that we had with previous software we used. (But with help of customization most of them have been addressed)
November 20, 2018
Keith D.
February 6, 2018

“Great software and People”

ProsThe software helps you with your business processes. The step by steps process is very easy for customers to follow. The software has lots of features and the employees are responsive and very easy to with it.
Conslots of different features and it takes a bit of time to learn. The team is very responsive to help you along the way.
February 6, 2018
Diecson V.
Dominium Consulting Services COO / Investment & Business Consultant
Accounting, 11-50 employees
August 10, 2018

“Amazing people”

Overallsuper recommended for startups and small companies to run their business with a complete solution
ProsThe software has many options and can be adapted to customers need
Conslike any other software there are a little functionality problems but the customer service is always willing to understand the problem and find a solution
August 10, 2018
Sergio F.
General Director
Automotive, 51-200 employees
May 30, 2019

“Great service and flexibility”

ProsA very intuitive and powerful tool with a top notch team behind it that will help you any time of the day.
ConsAvailability across multiple branches seems to be a weak point but it is something the team is currently working on and hopefully will only improve.
Karl V.
Owner Right side car rental
Automotive, Self-employed
March 29, 2019

“Very user friendly”

OverallI solved my problems of keeping track of my reservation and now i also have an overall view on my business
ProsThat i could combine my website with the software and that it integrates with each other
ConsSometimes i dont get the emails i expected to see when reservations are done
March 29, 2019
Marcel T.
Logistics and Supply Chain, 5001-10,000 employees
August 2, 2019

“Support ”

OverallGreat support and development team. All requests were made quickly and efficiently. That makes all the difference.
Pros It is an intuitive platform very easy to use.
Cons .
August 2, 2019
Lorena B.
Redactor web
August 9, 2018

“If you want to start your business HQ will help you”

Pros*It is ideal that customers can sign the rental agreement on a tablet and later will be send by email. *Environment friendly. *They have different payment plans in case you want to try just for a time. *They answer all your questions. *They have a dedicated support team.
Cons*There isn't offline version in case the Internet doesn't work at the moment. *It would be good to see more color on the website, specifically in the graphs and statistics. *A video tutorial would help to reduce the questions of consumers.
August 9, 2018
Garry G.
March 3, 2018

“Great customer support and the ability for customisation, very refreshing for this industry.”

ProsA very robust hand-holding process to launch the software and support for customisation. It is refreshing to see that the company helps in the entire process of client inboarding and is not a sell-and-go-away company.
ConsEase of use and user experience can be improved upon. There are areas which can be improved in making the software more user-friendly and more intuitive, less technical.

By Caag Software on March 6, 2018
Thanks for your feedback Garry! We will continue to make improvements to our system; always with user-friendliness in mind.
March 3, 2018