Eleo Ratings

Overall

About Eleo

Eleo is designed with new and seasoned fundraisers in mind. Complete with every feature, integration and report you need to build strong relationships with your donors. Send effective communications and analyze your fundraising efforts. Pricing starts at $39/month with up to 2,500 contacts including unlimited live support and built-in learning library. Eleo comes equipped with event, volunteer, membership and grant modules. Winner of Software Advice's FrontRunner 2018 Usability Award! Learn more about Eleo

Marsha A.
Program Director
Government Administration, 1-10 employees
May 10, 2019

“Excellence!”

OverallWe have been able to provide updated and real time reporting to both customers and funders. The software also allows us to ensure fairness in our job selection and placement processes as well as provides us with amazing payroll results and supports. As an agency we rely on the software and the providers over at CSS to make us successful and to date they have not disappointed.
ProsThe software has amazing usability and runs awesome reports. The ease in customizing it based on our needs makes it ones that makes it #1 in line with other competitors. We truly have no idea what we'd do without it.
ConsWe have no issues or complaints with the software.
May 10, 2019
Kristen J.
Vice President of Philanthropy and Communications
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees
August 29, 2019

“A great solution at a low cost”

OverallOverall, I think this is a great solution for the price. There are a great deal of user-friendly features to this platform, and they are willing to consider customer feedback for continued growth.
ProsI come from a Raiser's Edge background and that was definitely not affordable for the company I am with now. This software is easy to use, and has *most* of the features I need. The integration with online giving and event registration pages is good, though a bit awkward to process. Many of the features are great, including the functionality of sending acknowledgements, receipts, tracking donor information, and allowing for customization of campaigns. Integration of online giving with Braintree has been complicated and credit card scammers have been able to make successful transactions. Eleo is looking at building in a reCaptcha. Customer support has been fantastic, and they are very willing to hear ideas for improvement.
ConsI miss the query and reporting of Raiser's Edge. There is the ability to build customized reports, but they do not format in the nice, presentable formats of their regular reports. Mailing list-building is awkward.
Beth M.
Development Assistant
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
February 27, 2018

“Eleo has been exceptionally functional and helpful with our transition away from spread sheets.”

OverallEasily solicit LYBUNTs for end of year solicitations Integration for online donations Customer support for all questions
ProsCustomer support!! I am so delighted to talk to a real person when I have a problem. They are always quick to solve things. They also take our suggestions and try to incorporate new tools into the database as they make sense for organizations like ours. Ease of use- I have used and implemented 4 other databases at various non profits and this has been the easiest getting started with and training other individuals on. Functionality- We are able to track donors and pull useful reports. Integration- We are able to make custom webforms easily and targeted to specific uses.
ConsEmailing using the database. I love that I am always able to track back what I sent out using the database but standard email products have so much more flexibility and versatility. I know that ELEO is always looking to improve functionality.
Carolee M.
Grants Writer
February 27, 2018

“Eleo is flexible and feature-rich, an incredible value, and the support team is top-notch.”

OverallHighly improved, more efficient and accurate data capture; reduced data management redundancies; better dashboard control over donations, fundraising and grants; easy data filtering and reporting to meet a variety of existing and emerging business purposes.
ProsThe software is easy to use to support data capture and reporting according to our organization's specific needs. The filtering and sorting aspects of Eleo let us easily work with different segments of our population of supporters, from individual to corporate donors, to event sponsors, to grant-makers...and more. Eleo works very well at a great price for our donations/donors and fundraising operations. The relatively new grants module adds unparalleled value to the Eleo software. The support team is professional, responsive, skilled, responsive and pleasant to work with. The overall value is outstanding.
ConsEleo is so function- and feature-rich that it is was challenging to learn from the general trainings how to use all of it optimally for our unique needs and goals. Nonetheless, the Eleo support team was highly responsive to all of our questions and helped us quickly learn how to use Eleo to best serve our organization's needs.
Rose C.
February 28, 2018

“From the actual product to the wonderful support services, Eleo Online fulfills our needs.”

OverallEleo is as beneficial to me as any database system that I've used in the past at much larger organizations. It satisfies the donor information needs and offers the ability to retrieve, update donor information, and follow-up with donors through various appeals, letters, newsletters, or other communications with great ease.
ProsI've worked with large foundations that were established decades ago and have thousands of donors. These institutions have donor database software systems that are outstanding. Moving to a much smaller but equally worthwhile foundation less than three years ago, I met with Eleo representatives and found them to offer a high quality system that equaled my experience at larger institutions. The ease of learning and using this system, the costs for this product, and the utility of this database system are all outstanding. In addition, their personal support of any questions or needs that arise is also outstanding!
ConsThat Eleo Online wasn't established earlier! The Amy Foundation was established 11 years ago and all donors records were kept on excel spreadsheets, all of which was accurately incorporated with exceptional ease into the Eleo system.
February 28, 2018
Darlie G.
Business Manager
August 30, 2019

“One of the Best ever!”

OverallWe've just subscribed to Eleo for almost a year now and so far, this is the best Donor Software I've ever used. I'm very satisfied of the prompt support and friendliness of the team and the design of the software itself for an everyday user like me.
ProsPrompt customer support, affordable, user friendly, simple yet effective design for reporting.
ConsI wish that in the future, they will integrate address updating.
August 30, 2019
Angela B.
August 23, 2019

“Great affordable database for Non-Profits!”

OverallWe are thankful to have Eleo as the price and database capabilities fit our budget for a small non-profit like us. The support team has been very friendly and helpful. They are always willing to work with us and train us at any given time. We have been able to keep better records of our donors and pull reports based on their support. This capabilities has helped the organization excel and grow!
ProsEleo has helped the organization become more efficient. Each program campus is able to keep up-to-date records of their volunteers, participants and donors. It has also been a great tool for keeping track of the Fundraising Events (guests count, expenses and much more). Eleo's monthly price was unbeatable compared to others!
ConsCapability of customizing some of the reports. Need to create more filtering options. Several times I had to reach out to the Eleo team for assistance as the reports had to be done in their back end.
August 23, 2019
Kim C.

“Easy peasy!”

OverallGrowing our database of contacts and donors has really been a breeze with Eleo. I especially like the ease of operation all around.
ProsI love that it easily grows as our organization expands. Creating reports is much quicker than other programs I've used at other non-profits I've worked for. It is a great that I can just search the library for a quick tutorial when I need to learn more of the functionality.
ConsSometimes it takes longer than I would like while waiting for an answer from the help desk. Also I had an experience with combining a duplicate donor. One of the contacts had more info than the other. I thought that when I combined them that Eleo would automatically keep the one with the most information (donations listed) but it kept the one without the needed info and I had to re-create the donaions.That being said, the customer service is always professional and courteous. I do appreciate that.
Maggie S.
Chief Resource Developmer
October 2, 2018

“I Recommend Eleo all the time”

OverallEleo allows my clients to track the relationship with each stakeholder - donor, volunteer, client, community contact, etc. It allows us to segment lists so we can customize our communication with each person. Nonprofits are all about relationships. Eleo is a vital tool to help you manage the many important relationships your nonprofit has established.
ProsI have worked with and volunteered at nonprofits for the past 30 years. I am that rare person who likes databases and believes it is one of the most important tools a nonprofit can have. Eleo is easy to use, has dynamite training and support, and is super affordable compared with comparable software programs. Put the data in correctly and you will get out what you need to know to move your nonprofit forward. And if you need help doing it - support will help with that.
ConsI can't think of anything I didn't like about Eleo. So many nonprofits are paying outrageous software fees without investing in the training to use it properly. Use Eleo, get trained and save money.
October 2, 2018
Sarah R.
Member support
March 7, 2018

“Great software at a great price. We can now easily access our data for the information we need.”

ProsEasy to use for entry and it is organized in a way that makes sense. We have donors and members. We can easily see where each stands and process new members and renewals. Easy to create letters and integrate for email communication. Provides lots of reports and each report can be filtered for what one needs. Customer support is friendly and efficient.
ConsThe software does what it is suppose to. It would be nice if I could have a software at this price that included my website, email, accounting system but I know that is not realistic.
March 7, 2018
christina m.
Sports, 1-10 employees
March 26, 2019

“Easy and intuitive!”

OverallEleo is an easy to use system that allows me to track and monitor my donors. When I have needed help, the support I have gotten through email and phone has been quick and effective. I highly recommend eleo!
ProsEleo makes sense. I run a small non-profit, with no special fundraising staff, and the Eleo software ease-of-use makes it extremely valuable to me. I don't have the time needed to become an expert on the huge platforms, and eleo can do just about everything that I need.
ConsThe only issue I have had is with combining multiple gifts from a single donor for a letter. I need to have the gifts listed separately, but I don't think eleo does that.
March 26, 2019
Sasa O.
Chief Executive Officer
Human Resources, 1-10 employees
February 26, 2018

“Eleo has completely changed the way we manage our donations! ”

OverallEase and accuracy of data collection, ease of pulling data reports, time saving!
ProsThe software is intuitive and fairly easy to learn how to use. Eleo employees are incredibly helpful at training on the use of the software, responding to questions and troubleshooting issues - all in a timely manner. We were previously using an Excel spreadsheet - which was cumbersome and prone to errors. This software has improved the accuracy of our data entry and ease of pulling data reports.
ConsThe main drawback is that we didn't discover the software sooner! :) We use this software for pulling weekly deposit entries, as well pulling short and long term donation reports for use internally and for our direct mail campaign, and have been extremely satisfied with the amount of time it saves us and its ease of use!
Ellie F.
counselor
Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees
February 24, 2018

“Easy to use and all the features we need.”

OverallThe software let us organize and share our data. Instead of having data in many different systems and spreadsheets we now have the information we need in one online place. Our communication has improved also due to the integration with Mail Chimp and the ability to create list and print labels. We can even create lists and send it to Avery Labels for various creative print jobs.
ProsThe software is easy to use and the screens are organized well. Easy data entry screens. Reports allow you to select the information you want. Live customer service is great.
February 24, 2018
Jabeen O.
Executive Administrator
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees
March 27, 2019

“Eleo has been a lifechanger for us! ”

OverallWe were previously using an Excel sheet to track thousands of donors *cringe*. Unfortunately, most donor databases were way out of our non-profit budget. Eleo is not only affordable, but was incredibly user friendly and quick to learn. On top of that, the customer service is fantastic. I receive a check-in email from one of the staff on a regular basis and if I have questions, she promptly provides an answer!
ProsThe reasonable cost (especially compared to other databases) and ease of use/quick learning curve.
ConsIt would be nice if we could use the internal thank you feature by uploading our logo and customizing. However, we are still able to do this with a mail merge, so it's not a huge loss.
March 27, 2019
Christopher M.
Development Coordinator
March 8, 2019

“Quality, Affordable, and easy to use”

OverallEleo is used as our donor database. Since we are a small non-profit organization the extra gimmicks and tools are not needed. Eleo has even more options than our company utilizes. The price is fair and the functionality works since we have a full-time employee who is dedicated to updating the records. Eleo has to be used by an active employee. It is not meant to be run by a passive approach. My experience with customer service has been the most beneficial part of Eleo. Since, it is a smaller company I have never had to wait for a representative to answer the phone. The representatives are stationed in the United States and are easily understandable and they're almost always available. They also offer the ability to sign up for an appointment the following day.
ProsThe software is extremely user friendly. There is a navigation bar at the top of the site and there are many customizable options within each page. Furthermore, the settings allows you to control much of the database. They have integration with mail chimp and PayPal, but I have yet to explore that region.
ConsThe software does have numerous customizable options, but there are limitations. The software is basic in its function and for large companies or non-profits it is too manually concentrated.
Eileen H.
Administrative Coordinator
Banking, 1-10 employees
March 19, 2019

“Intuitive, Easy to Learn Software - With Top-Notch Customer Service!”

OverallEleo will allow us to more quickly manage donation data (to tie donations to specific fundraising campaigns) - we used to just use a spreadsheet to track donations for this purpose. It will also allow us to more fluidly build and manage mailing lists for invitations, appeals and events. This was previously a very painstaking manual process, using a combination of financial software data, Excel, and many rounds of review and edits. The help/library feature built into Eleo is very good; even so, I have encountered a few glitches and/or challenges while setting up and test-reporting using our data in Eleo. In all cases, Eleo customer service was incredibly responsive and have been able to resolve my issues quickly and efficiently!
ProsEleo is very easy to learn to use, and so far has proven very flexible in its reporting options so we can slice & dice data as we need/want.
ConsI can't batch-enter donations, which would be a nice feature to save time during periods of high-volume giving. Also, the Relationships feature could be more robust so that we can more easily (and quickly) connect individuals to employers/organizations and/or family members. Also, adding Relationships in donor records is a notably slow process.
March 19, 2019
Julie N.
Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees
March 18, 2019

“Very satisfied!”

OverallEleo has been a very good choice for our non-profit. Once the information base was in the system, it has proven to be an efficient and time-saving way of tracking our gifts to this organization.
ProsEleo is easy to use and has all the information so easily accessable. The thing I like most about this software is the availability of the information for each contributor. I glean information from the contact info as I record the current gift. This saves me time and makes the statistics more accurate.
ConsThe only thing I wish was a bit different, is that I wish we could add a couple of specific information tidbits to each contributor's gift (I.e. who the gift is in memory of). We have found ways to make this work, but it is a little more cumbersome.
March 18, 2019
Mark M.
May 21, 2018

“Great software and really easy to use....Best customer service ever!”

ProsI love using this software from Entering the information which is very easy to do and it flows really nicely and is extremely easy to use. The software allows me to access the information I need. It's designed in a logical way. The layout is great in that I don't have to guess where things are that I need to have access to. I also don't have to spend a lot of time figuring out how to do things. I love that you can access the system via the Internet and the tutorials are easy to follow and learn!
ConsLack of custom signature for letters and recurring donations are tricky and have to be manually processed.
May 21, 2018
Civic & Social Organization, Unspecified
July 24, 2018

“Fantastic product for a low cost.”

ProsThis product is super easy to use, even for coworkers for are not tech savy. If you ever had a question, their customer service team responds super quickly to assist with whatever you need.
ConsThere are a few negatives and kinks to the program. The first is that not all fields are able to be customized which makes it a little tricky trying to navigate it to fit the needs of your organization. I have encountered a few kinks in the program and mentioned it to their team and within a few weeks the kinks were fixed (i.e. not being able to soft credit a pledge payment or link a pledge payment to an event).
Dorian N.
Director of Operations
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
June 20, 2019

“Excellent software system”

ProsEasy to use, easy to navigate. Working with CSS and their system has been a tremendous help to our organization. It is beyond expectation. Staff is extremely knowledgeable and helpful.
ConsThere is nothing at this time that I do not like about the software.
June 20, 2019
Kelly C.
Office Administrator

“Smooth Transition”

OverallSo far so good. Customer service has been extremely helpful with our transition and helping us update our accounts.
ProsWe switched from a different software and was pleased how easy this software is to navigate. If you do run into a question it is easy to get help with either customer service or the help icon.
ConsUnfortunately, we can not align our fiscal year to our Eleo account. Ours runs July 1- June 30. The system runs on January 1 - December 31. Also, unable to use logos in letter templates. A bit of a challenge to link MS Word letters to accounts.
Beth B.
Systems Analyst
February 18, 2019

“Great for small non-profits!”

OverallThis has helped us track and utilize our donors much more efficiently, it is easy to generate reports, receipts, and letters which lets us communicate better and faster with donors.
ProsIt is easy to use and integrates well with other programs we use like Constant Contact. Support is also very quick to respond and is always helpful. For the price, it is a terrific system with a simple design.
ConsAs it is a more simple system, there is some functionalities left to be desired. More design aspects for mail, forms, and email templates would be something that would add more benefit to the system.
February 18, 2019
Alexis H.
Director of Grants and Sponsorship
1-10 employees
February 7, 2019

“I love Eleo”

OverallExcited to dive deep into this system and see how our donor system will grow with Eleo's help!
ProsI love the built-in support mechanisms- being able to make notes about how to use each page for other users, library with step by step instructions and a support button live support! Eleo treats each customer fairly in terms of support and features regardless of client size and pricing level- very important. Eleo will import all of your initial data for a free- this feature is usually a huge fee! I love that to do list and calendars can integrate with my Google account. The Grant Management section is nice and easy to use. Overall, this program is ideal for anyone! Thank you Eleo for creating such a great system!
ConsSo far, I have nothing to complain about! It is not the prettiest system in the world, it is very basic but in the end that simple look makes it easy for anyone to use.
February 7, 2019
Sandra G.
Consultant
April 7, 2018

“Great Software! Really easy to use. It saves me time in doing my work.”

OverallSaves Time. Easy to use.
ProsEntering the information is very easy to do and it flows really nicely. Everything makes sense. The software allows me to access the information I need. It's designed in a logical way. The layout is great in that I don't have to guess where things are that I need to have access to. I also don't have to spend a lot of time figuring out how to do things. I love that you can access the system via the Internet.
ConsThere's really nothing I don't like. It does all I need it to. I really can't think of anything that I would want to change.
April 7, 2018
Karen B.
Marketing Director

“Organization and Ease”

ProsOrganization of donors into one area and consistency in coding has been extremely helpful to our organization, however we have chosen for one person to enter data. The process of donor recognition/thanks has been greatly simplified for us by using Eleo.
ConsIn working in Eleo, the system is extremely slow to load. We have not yet utilized all aspects of Eleo such as volunteer management and the calendar, and question whether that is the most effective way to manage for our organization.
Delali K.
Program Assistant

“Great Program!”

OverallEleo is great and has helped us so beyond words can express.
ProsI like how after you learn how to use everything, there's so much to do with the program. You can keep track of hours, keep a list of clientele, and much more! There's so much Eleo can be used for and I'm so thankful for that.
ConsWhen you first log on, there is so much that one may feel overwhelmed and confused. However, once people spend the time to understand the basics of the program, over time, they begin to understand other aspects of the program naturally.
John W.
Trustee-Secretary/Treasurer
March 16, 2018

“Eleo has helped our small non-profit track all of our donor information and giving histories.”

ProsWe love the helpful and enthusiastic customer support. Eleo has organized and simplified our record keeping in strategic ways that enhance our effectiveness in both fundraising capacity and donor relations.
ConsAt this time the ELEO online donor management software does not offer team fundraising pages for our events.
March 16, 2018
Sandra G.
Partner
Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees
May 9, 2019

“Great Software”

OverallIt is great that Eleo is in the cloud so I can get to it from anywhere. It is easy to use and the customer service is excellent. I can keep all my contacts in one place and label them so I can separate out contact types, such as vendors. Reporting provides a lot of flexibility and I like that so much can be viewed, printed or downloaded to Excel. Great price too!
ProsEleo does everything we need. Build lists for emails and letters works with Constant Contact and Quickbooks, notes and tasks, events and reports. It is all easy to use.
ConsIt would be nice if I could text groups.
May 9, 2019
Denise C.
Manager, Development & Communications
March 19, 2018

“Great experience from customer service to functionality! A great low-cost solution for nonprofits!”

ProsThis software is easy to learn and use. It is a great, affordable solution even for small non-profits. I can manage all of my donor activity in one place as well as track grants and manage volunteers and events. The customer service is awesome and highly accessible. A great company working hard to provide a top-notch product!
ConsBasic fund development software. Lacks some of the bells and whistles of more expensive programs but overall great functionality.
Aida B.
VP, Corporate Development
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
March 19, 2018

“We switched to Eleo about one year ago and have been very pleased with the results! ”

OverallThe training and customer support is above all else huge for us! Customer rep are wonderful to us.
ProsYou can access it no matter where you are! Also, the customer support is amazing. Customer rep always responds right away to our questions.
ConsWe would like an option for "quick gifts"; we would love an app for our phones to access the system; and we would like fewer steps when doing a report - more of a one click option perhaps.
Karla T.
Co-Founder & Principal
February 23, 2018

“Eleo has been a super helpful tool to me as a volunteer membership chair of a not for profit.”

ProsEasy to navigate and export reports. Integrates with ConstantContact Integrates with QuickBooks Offers a less expensive and secure alternative to Paypal.
ConsAs with many software packages, it categorizes members by individuals and not also corporate with multiple individuals from the same organization. When we push the corporate member category, we'll continue to work with individuals and discount accordingly. Will also explore integrating into our website, i.e., for Board and member profiles automatically extracted from Eleo. This could easily shift to the "pro" column after consulting with Eleo and our web coder.
February 23, 2018
Lisa (.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
March 8, 2019

“Great donor management software!”

OverallGreat experience in switching to Eleo. There are always a few hiccups in a transition and the Eleo team was always ready to help and make any needed changes. Great product, great team!
ProsWe love the ease of reporting, the grant tracking function and the integrated credit card option.
ConsMemberships, as we do not charge a membership fee. We don't track this information but I'm sure it would be useful to other organizations.

“Excellent Value!”

ProsAn easy-to-use repository for donor information. Great technical support. Ability to look at data multiple ways with the report writer. One place for all the contacts for the organization. Ability to add all revenue and expenses for events and fundraising campaigns. Integration with our email provider ConstantContact is a plus. Plenty of documentation on how to do each task. Steps you through things thoroughly. Integration with payment processor easy to set up.
ConsWebforms are a bit simplistic. Would love to be able to use HTML to dress them up with photos and other text. Also, there is no option to ask donors to cover transaction fees. That is something our organization would very much like included.
Jamie G.
Executuve Director
April 9, 2018

“One of the customer rep is really user friendly. We love it. Their customer service is amazing! ”

ProsWe love having all our donor records in one place. We get donations through a variety of avenues and the rep makes it so easy to input everything and search the data. And really easy to send thank you letters and donation tax receipts out. It really only takes a quick orientation to understand the in and outs of the software. And if you have any questions or concerns their customer service is great.
ConsWe honestly have no complaints! We have had a wonderful experience with the rep! We highly recommend it to any non-profit.
April 9, 2018
Maebelle O.
Co-Founder/CEO
June 12, 2019

“Ease of use for a new non for profit!”

OverallI'm really impressed with how friendly and professional the Eleo customer service dept is. I had questions and they answered them promptly. They followed up with email too. For a new nfp trying to organize their current contacts and preparing for growth in the near future, Eleo software has made this much easier. User friendly and they also provide training videos and calls. Looking forward to becoming more proficient in using all of Eleo's benefits!
ProsI love that everything can be accessed from this one software. I can keep record of how many times I've connected with a contact. I can restrict users from accessing certain information. I can set up appts to contacts and much more!
ConsSo far, I don't have any cons! My experience has been good thus far.
June 12, 2019
Gloria P.
February 26, 2018

“Our transition from an old program with 16,000 records to Eleo was done without a problem.”

ProsSoftware is user friendly and easy to learn. If a mistake is made it can easily be rectified. You can get a multiple of information and date when you run your reports. If you ever have a problem or don't understand something the customer service department goes out of there way to help you.
Erin P.
Entertainment, Self-employed
March 8, 2019

“Affordable, Flexible, and Friendly!”

OverallI've been using Eleo now for almost five months for our non-profit and I am so thankful for how this company helps us with donor management!
ProsThe customer service has to be the #1 thing I love about Eleo. If I could give more than five stars, I would! They are always so kind on the phone or in email, even when I am frazzled, and they are incredible quick to help me with whatever challenge I am facing. We've used Eleo for not only donor management, but fundraising registration and management and both have been a lifesaver in keeping track of so much information! Eleo made sending receipts, end of the year statements, and thank yous a breeze and keeps me on track with our donors. Plus, it's a great price for our small non-profit!
ConsIt took me a little bit of time to learn the software, but custome service was completely available and very easy to work with. Any time I had trouble figuring something out, one quick email or phone call had it sorted out almost immediately!
Tonya W.
Volunteer

“Software Review”

ProsCustomer service is excellent. They are very responsive to questions and provide answers.
ConsThere are not clear definition documentation regarding "all" fields when importing data. This information is very important when customizing the software to a particular organization.
Erin S.
assistant
March 21, 2019

“Eleo, a good value for small nonprofits”

OverallEleo is an affordable solution for nonprofits who are ready to start using a donor database. There are a lot of different modules and functions that you can use--we're planning on building up our use of the system over time as we get to know it better.
ProsMany different modules, there is payment integration for events and other types of donations, I'm glad they have web forms, customer service is outstanding
ConsDon't like that it wants you to create separate records for a person as a representative as an organization and that same person as an individual donor. Web form function is helpful but has some issues. Event seating function wasn't very useful/user -friendly
March 21, 2019
Susan E.
Program & Events Manager
August 20, 2019

“My Experience with Eleo So Far”

OverallI am still new to Eleo and still getting comfortable with it but I find it, for the most part, easy to use and self explanatory. It is bright and clear. I like the Reports function especially.
ProsI like the look and style of Eleo. I also really like the Create List function -- and then how you can see the list in an Excel format. I like how emails sent are saved.
ConsThat you can't email a group or a list of contacts. You can't move around the information so that you can see what group the contact is in as soon as you bring them up. I don't like that it is not able to check addresses or provide zip codes.
Patrick M.
Director of Programs
May 2, 2019

“Excellent Product-Easy to Use-Affordable”

ProsThe customer service is excellent, the product is easy to use and has rich features that save our program time.
ConsThere really are not any cons so far. We are satisfied with the product.
May 2, 2019
Beth K.
Development Coordinator
February 26, 2018

“Eleo is a great product for small nonprofits.”

ProsExcellent customer service. Affordable pricing. Integrates with QuickBooks, Constant Contact. Auto entry of online donations saves time!
ConsEleo has its quirks but it works well for small nonprofits on a tighter budget. Best product for the price.
Susan S.
Fundraising Consultant
March 15, 2019

“A Great Tool For Small Non-Profit Organizations”

OverallBy purchasing the software it enabled the organization to start capturing names, recording donations, etc.
ProsAffordable and easy to use. I have no more to add.
ConsNothing specific. I have no more to add.
March 15, 2019
Carol Ann R.
Marketing Coordinator
December 29, 2018

“Eleo Fundraising Software Review”

OverallWe use this program all the time to manage and record donations.
ProsThis software allows our business to track donor relations and create custom reports.
ConsThis program can be difficult to navigate if the user is not trained properly.
December 29, 2018
Fern S.
Director Of Business Development
February 26, 2018

“The customer support at ELEO is top-notch! the support staffs are so helpful, nothing is ever too much!”

OverallOrganized my donor base by population served, allowed me to restrict funds to programs and the reports generated are amazing. I was able to provide the company with excel spreadsheets and they imported my data.
ProsIt is easy to navigate, it can be used with minimal training and when you are unsure you can call, you do not get an answering machine, they answer the phone and can provide you with help whenever needed. The software provides me with access to segmenting my donor base and with incredible reports, it provides every feature one may need.
Leigh Ann R.
Marketing and Event Coordinator
December 7, 2018

“Eleo Fundraising Software Review”

ProsLove the ability to look up clients and donors with ease!
ConsIf not trained in how to navigate the program, can be difficult to pull reports and find information.
Maria J.
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

“Pleasantly Surprised”

OverallThis program is what I needed in order to do my fundraising appeal this year. It's a concise place to gather the name of my donors, their gift giving trend(both for this year and historically) as well as to keep notes about the donor.
ProsI like the ease at which I could enter my information into the system. Additionally, the reports are very specific and easy to run. A very user friendly system.
ConsLabel function is limited. And I had issues with missing information when did my first download.
Beverly J.
MIS/IT Database Manager
April 3, 2018

“The implementation process was easy and their support team walked us thru the entire process.”

ProsI have utilized The Raisers Edge, DonorPro, and DonorPerfect this software for the COST, functionality, ease of use, the quick and pleasant customer support truly makes this product unique and comparable to the much larger organizations.
ConsThe Constituent search features, do not allow you to search by first and last name together like other databases.

By Community Software Solutions on May 22, 2018
Eleo has the ability to search any word in the database including multiple words such as first and last name of individuals and organizations.
April 3, 2018
Brooke H.
Operations Manager

“Eleo Review”

OverallOverall very positive.
ProsExtremely budget-friendly and does the job for a small-budget organization. It's easy to learn and I rarely had questions for the support staff. When I did, they were extremely helpful.
ConsLack of integration between "Contacts" and "Grants." They should sync. Another bummer was that in order to integrate with Stripe, we have to set up our donate page with their webform (we don't want to redo our webpage).
Courtney B.
Director of Development
July 19, 2018

“Finally, an intuitive and easy to use software for development professionals!”

ProsIntuitive Customer support is phenomenal Grant feature, calendar Easy removal of duplicates Easy upload of excel files Web-based
ConsWould like to share dashboard views between staff members (e.g. share view of special reports within department)
July 19, 2018