Debitoor Ratings

Overall

About Debitoor

Debitoor invoicing and accounting software is designed for freelancers and small business owners. Create and send professional-looking invoices in just a few clicks, and know the moment your customer views your invoice. Plus, manage expenses, enter payments, send delivery notes, reminders and more without any accounting background. Built to be intuitive, simple, and easy to navigate, Debitoor gives entrepreneurs the tools to take their business invoicing and accounting into their own hands. Learn more about Debitoor

Manuel B.
July 4, 2019

“One of the most important tools for every company”

OverallIt's really fast, easy to use and since I am using it, I really like to write invoices. Before I did code my own system to create pdf invoices automatically, then I used word-files and an excel sheet to write down anything I need for the month, but I really hated doing it because it was so much work and it took me so much time. The most awesome feature I love about Debitoor is the option to import my business account so that I can go through it and use the incoming and outgoing payments as a todo list.
ProsAt first I found it very hard to get started with invoices and all that stuff that comes with starting your own company. I tested a lot of different softwares and I decided to go with Debitoor because it was the most easiest tool to use and I love that everything works out so quickly with just a few clicks, because I really want to focus on my business and not on the invoicing.
ConsI would love to see more AI improvements that maybe automatically do or suggest stuff for me to reduce the amount of time I need to spend with Debitoor, but besides that I love using it.
Alexander K.
Managing Owner
Translation and Localization, Self-employed
July 4, 2019

“Good system for writing invoices and basic income/expense tracking”

OverallAs stated above, overall I'm happy with Debitoor - what it actually does it does fairly well. But I don't like the fact that they try to advertise themselves as this all-in-one invoicing and accounting solution when the feature set is still very limited. For example, you can't even create or upload your own invoice templates (something many similar services allow) - you have to set up your invoice template using Debitoor's limited options.
ProsI like the fact that it's easy to create invoices and you can track whether the recipient has received them. You can also link your bank accounts and categorize and track income and expenses (i.e. whether an invoice has been paid, etc.) For these purposes, Debitoor works really well.
ConsDespite Debitoor's claims, I wouldn't use the system for preparing and filing taxes or working with a tax advisor unless your underlying situation is very simple. As soon as things get even slightly more complex, you find that Debitoor simply doesn't support a number of different scenarios. My tax advisor has also said that the reports/export files that they receive are more or less unusable and do not conform to standard German accounting practice.
Tobias B.
Designer
July 8, 2019

“Usable for the entire company”

OverallI am self-employed and do all my corporate accounting (simple accounting) and tax reporting. My tax consultant checks my entries and uses them to prepare the annual balance sheet. I also fully automate the respective advance return for sales tax with Debitoor.
ProsI like that with Debitoor you can basically do all the bookkeeping. This ranges from the recording of expenses and revenues to the calculation of company balance sheets and the advance return for sales tax. My tax advisor is fine with her own login and can export all data, etc. This is very convenient.
ConsIn some places it is a bit difficult to understand the interface. Sometimes it is not the system's fault but also the EU's bills. Sometimes you get confused with the taxes. The OCR scanning of expense receipts is not always correct for automatic recognition.
Adnan S.
Self employed
Construction, Self-employed
July 4, 2019

“Efficient and practical program”

OverallAll in all: I can recommend this software.
ProsThe user interface is very simple. I write all my offers and bills exclusively with debitoor. I have my finances totally under control and can easily digitally review all my expenses. The app runs seamlessly (android). I honestly do most of my work on my phone while I'm on the go, thanks to debitoor. The customer service is quick to reply and friendly.
ConsI don't have anything negative to report.
Fedra S.
Photography, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
April 16, 2019

“It is an excellent software!!”

OverallI've a small photographic company that is emerging and I'm looking for the right tools to accompany it in its growth. Having an administrator of invoices, forms and budgets, expenses that also allows me to have a register of clients and products is something that would do well to my company, so I am evaluating the purchase of this service. I think it offers many benefits and at a good price.
ProsThe interface is intuitive and it's very friendly. It's easy to use, everything is very organized. Immediately after placing the country in which I reside, the exact amount of the tax charged in the country is placed. You can modify the templates of the emails that customers will receive with the invoice data. It allows to have a client registry, saves predetermined messages. It allows to take an expense management. . I can have a list of products The truth is that I like it a lot. I'm looking at the trial version and it's convincing me to have it in my business. The prices are quite accessible and from what I see you can easily climb if you have a small company like mine.
ConsSo far everything I've seen and tried from the software I really like, including the price since it's very accessible.
April 16, 2019
kolja h.
Business Consultant
Building Materials, Self-employed

“State-of-the-art”

OverallTime and espacially costs savings for all accounts and tax tasks/management
ProsAbsolutely easy to get an invoice - lesss than 30 seconds! Great to admin all costs incl. the pdf files which are read automatically so that I only need to check and add Especially its totally easy (GERMAN market) to send your tax-farecast to the local authorities by one-click only - very cool!
Consnothing - all is very fine There is nothing to mention
Christopher W.
Self employed
Internet, Self-employed
July 4, 2019

“Easiest software I've ever seen”

OverallI love their customer services. They respond always super fast!
ProsEasy to use, even for people who have their troubles with computer stuff
ConsSometimes the bank stuff could be a little less strict.
David H.

“Perfekt!”

OverallIts a PERFECT software!
ProsPerfect Software for small Business Like mine :-)
ConsSome areas cant be make unshown, so some areas are displayed, but nobody needs them.
Koch O.
Facilities Services, 11-50 employees
July 4, 2019

“Price / performance is good. Easy work.”

OverallIt would be nice if it is saved automatically. Often it happens if not cached, everything has to be entered again.Otherwise, I am convinced of the simplicity. Sufficient for my company size. Price performance fits.
Proseasy After a short training and data maintenance, easy work possible. Great support. Reaction very fast and helpful.
Consinflexible Adjustments to your own templates would be nice, but as far as it is, can be worked well.
Anne R.
Branding & Storytelling für Selbstständige
Online Media, Self-employed

“Happy to use Debitoor”

OverallI love Debitoor, cause it just works. I can easily handle everything around payment, bills and taxes.
ProsI can store customer data, collect all invoices at one place, was able to connect my bank account and can easily send invoices with a "pay now online"-button
ConsThe stats / graphs seem to be a bit messy and the design-options aren't fully convincing
William C.
Consultant
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
July 4, 2019

“very usefull and high quality German accounting tool. ”

OverallDebitoor saves a lot of Time if you use it in your Small to Medium Business Case, you can manage your Income and Costs in one online platform, also the User Experience is very nice.
ProsThe perfect Integration in other tools and bank accounts like Elster and Kontist.
ConsThe Customer Support has not a good knowledge base about their tool, when I had questions I had to help me by myself.
July 5, 2019

“Very good accounting tool”

ProsMost complete accounting tool on the market for freelancers and very good Interface. Good invoicing funtionality & great app
ConsIf you do the yearly tax declaration on your own, I sometimes find it hard to transfer the data. I miss something like an "Anlagenverzeichnis" on a yearly basis
Philipp D.
Translator
Translation and Localization, Self-employed

“Easy to use”

OverallCreating invoices, paying my taxes, managing my contacts - that all is much easier and faste with Debitoor.
ProsIt's easy, it's fast and contains many functionalities that easy my working day
ConsOnce you selected the way to pay your taxes, you cannot reverse it but have to create a new account
Nikita P.
cinematographer
Media Production, Self-employed
July 4, 2019

“Great software with improvement to go”

ProsI love how I can easily invoice, track my payments, record expenses, report VAT etc.
ConsUnfortunately after shifting from external support of bank accounts to internal it started to work poorly, with many important options dropped completed, like support of Amazon cards.
Joerg S.
Information Services, 1-10 employees
July 4, 2019

“Top features for the money ”

OverallUsing it for some months now with three different businesses. Top value for my money.
ProsWeb and App at the same time. Easy to use with direct access to my bank account.
ConsNothing discovered yet. Using it nearly every day.
Jens W.
DJ
Music, Self-employed

“Debitoor ”

OverallAfter my DJ Jobs i creat directly in the club my invoice ! I never forget to invoice my booker ! Thats Amazing
ProsIts an easy system where you creat invoices in less then 2 min
ConsThere is nothing to complain. I have my perfect payplan and everything what i need
Gerald A.
July 4, 2019

“(nearly) the perfect solution”

OverallI use debitoor for my photography business and I like it because it's one place for my whole office work
Proseasy to use and no server problems. very good help if you've questions
Consmails sent directly via debitoor are often marked as spam
Enrique M.
Software Developer
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
July 4, 2019

“Easy start for freelancers”

ProsVery easy to use Good documentation Efficient Autocomplete when creating business expenses. No credentials needed to report tax summaries to Elster (Germany)
ConsMaybe some customer agents were a bit lazy when i asked for some very specific information about business expenses.
Thorsten P.
consulter
Computer Software, Self-employed
July 4, 2019

“easy and fast billing / invoice software”

ProsYou can write a new invoice for a new customer in a few minutes !
ConsYou can do the complete accounting with his software, but I still use an easy excel-chart for this.
Michaela H.
Copy writer and journalist
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
July 4, 2019

“Easy to use, good solution for freelancers”

OverallI can create invoices easily as well as keep track of payments. The user interface is very intuitive.
ProsI am a copy writer and journalist and really like this software. It is easy to use, quick and makes life a lot easier for freelancers. The support is also excellent.
ConsNothing. I have not found any negative points yet.
Carsten T.
Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees
July 4, 2019

“Easy to use, but not fully complete”

OverallIt really enables one to do accounting without much detailed knowledge.
ProsIt's really easy to use. What it can do, it does really well. Both the browser interface as well as the app.
ConsIt doesn't support some basic things like loans. Pricing is okish. For some it might be cheaper than lexoffice, for some it might be more expensive.
Nathanael-Osirius W.
web design & development
Internet, Self-employed
July 6, 2019

“Working with Debitoor makes accounting fun!”

OverallI never thought I'll ever write this, but since using Debitoor, I do enjoy accounting! I'm very happy with Debitoor and my overall experience is very positive. I do believe that Debitoor offers the best value for your money.
ProsMinimalist design, easy to use, fast support
ConsNo two factor authentication, very few design options for invoices.
July 6, 2019
Computer Software, Self-employed
July 4, 2019

“Fantastic software for day-to-day accounting”

Pros- Easy to use - Automatic bank transactions reconciliation - Comprehensive features for day-to-day accounting - Very fast customer support replies - An easy to use API
ConsIt would be nice to have a roadmap of the planned features / be able to suggest new features in an easy way.
Matthias B.
Senior Android Developer
Information Services, Self-employed
July 4, 2019

“Close to be perfect for freelancers”

ProsIt is really easy to use. Has all feautures I would ever need.
ConsFor some cases, the tax selection does not act as expected. E.g. for a company located in Ireland but with a VAT number I cannot set a tax percentage. The category"travel costs is a bit too broad and could use some finer splitting.
Sophie O.
Art Director
Graphic Design, Self-employed

“All in All very good”

ProsI have this tool now since three years and it is very handy once you know how it works. Also my tax accountant likes it because its easy for him to use it once a year to do my taxes.
ConsI dont like the look of the invoices. I always do them twice so my clients get real nice ones.
Bernhard S.
October 12, 2016

October 12, 2016
Alexander P.
photographer

“Debitor”

Overalli had made some suggestions for improvements and they didn't got included jet ... but the service staff was nice!
Proseasy to use and good looking frontend ...
Consthere are a few features missing - like getting attachments involved "regularly"
Education Management, Self-employed

“helpfull for selfemployed”

OverallIts easy to use, I can customize the bill and see the reports whenever I want. I can supervise my expenses
Prosthe helpfull people and the product category
Consthat I not can change the number of the bill later
Leonardo N.
Audio Engineer
Entertainment, Self-employed

“Debitoor for freelancers”

ProsThe interface is very clean and extensive.
ConsA guided help near every feature would be make it a little bit more user friendly.
October 10, 2018

“Lack of the basic integrations”

Pros- Very simple to use, other programs should follow their example as for UI / design - Relatively competitive prices - One of the very few apps available for the Spanish market/taxation
Cons- No Stripe integration - Very primitive and problematic Paypal integration - WooCommerce integration is through IEX Debitoor integration (external, not free) - Really messed up data export (all in Spanish, btw) and importing your data into a new program might turn out difficult not relying on third party professionals.
October 10, 2018
Magda H.
Architect
Architecture & Planning, Self-employed
December 7, 2016

“The very easy app”

OverallI've been using it for my small business, that's exactly what I need to keep me in less mess! Easy & cheap for startups!
ProsEasy invoicing and expense records
December 7, 2016
Laura W.
Freelancer
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
July 8, 2019

“Debitoor makes my bookkeeping much easier”

ProsInvoices can be created very quickly and easily. I take pictures of the receipts and then save them in the Debitoor cloud. The app gives me access to my accounting at any time. Also reminders and credit notes are quickly created. The entry prices are reasonable and I am very satisfied with the overall scope of services.
ConsI have nothing to criticize on Debitoor.
Dirk L.
UX / UI Designer
July 4, 2019

“Saved me so much time!”

Overall 242/5000 Debitoor helps me save a lot of time (and money). I can concentrate on my job and do not have to deal with accounting. Especially at the beginning of my freelance career Debitoor helped me a lot.
ProsI like the simple interface and the functionality. I do not need a tutorial to understand how Debitoor works, everything works intuitively.
ConsI would like to see more design options for offers and invoices.
Cornelius R.
Fieldwork Manager
Market Research, Self-employed
July 4, 2019

“Not useful when you do business outside Germany”

OverallTried it as bookkeeping solution, but it failed me for my needs. A simple Google Sheet does better and is cheaper.
ProsClean user interface, helped me get started with bookkeeping. I used some of the tables to set up my own (better) bookkeeping system on Google Sheets
ConsNot user friendly at all when dealing with international currencies and international VAT. It's a huge pain to manually enter information again and again, when it would be so easy to copy and paste in a Google Sheet. So I just set my own system up which is easier, faster and more customisable - and it saves money. Uploading receipts is a pain too, takes far too long
Sebastian H.
Video Producer
Motion Pictures and Film, Self-employed
July 8, 2019

“Good for Small business”

OverallI have a simple overview about my money
ProsThat i see all my bank accounts and transactions
ConsThat i cannot add two transactions into one,. I want to customize my transactions
Susanne S.
Business Yoga Teacher
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
July 4, 2019

“Great tool for founders”

ProsDebitoor can be used very easily and intuitively. Every task can be done in a much shorter time than if I would do it by hand.
ConsI like absolutely everything about the software.
Waquar S.
Project Engineer
Industrial Automation, 1-10 employees
June 25, 2018

“The product is invoicing software. But with limited functionality. It needs lots of updation for use”

OverallCreated few quotation and invoices. But lacks lot of things even the UNITS.
ProsCreating quotation and invoices is bit easier than other software. But due to its limited functionality it makes it difficult to use. The themes are good enough.
ConsWhen it comes to detailed quotation it is not the compatibile one. Also it only gives one quotation and invoice as free trail later you have to upgrade the subscription.
June 25, 2018