Zoom Video Webinar Ratings

Overall

About Zoom Video Webinar

Video webinar software that includes HD screen sharing, host control, questions and answers dialog box, and post-webinar reporting. Learn more about Zoom Video Webinar

Lauren G.
Creative Storyteller
Design, 11-50 employees
October 2, 2019

“Perfect, user-friendly software”

OverallIt would be great if it could just detect and connect audio and microphone automatically, but otherwise it has all the features you'd need, it's reliable, the quality is great and we also use zoom rooms, which is the easiest way to connect to meetings in all our conference rooms. I think it's a brilliant piece of software.
ProsI think it's intuitive to use. I really like how easily you can hand control to another participant. I like that you can annotate the screen and collapse the camera views to be able to view the screen more easily. I like that you can easily show your entire monitor, or just one window. It's secure and easy to use and it has transformed the way we hold conference calls.
ConsWe actually ended up producing a small eLearning module on how to use zoom, to send to our clients. Although I find it intuitive, we did find that sometimes clients wouldn't know they had to connect their audio and microphone, and they'd just think it wasn't working. When we went to find a simple web page explaining how to use zoom, we found there wasn't one - so we made one.
October 2, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
September 30, 2019

“Best of the best, thank you for perfecting video chat”

OverallI originally started using Zoom with a client who had a client out of state. I was really impressed with the interface and brought it into my own team. It's allowed us to expand our customer base seamlessly out of town, and drastically cut down on unnecessary travel.
ProsI tested it side by side with competitors and it hands down had the best performance, the least glitches, and the easiest user interface.
ConsJust the price-it's expensive. That said, it's worth it. I was stoked when my doctor started offering it!
September 30, 2019
Ivan M.
Technical Services
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
September 27, 2019

“Excellent meeting tool and also excellent for customer support!”

OverallMy overall experience is excellent, except for the two comments mentioned before, everything else is perfect and works flawlessly.
ProsIt's pretty easy to use and easy to integrate with Google Calendar. The Google Calendar Chrome plugin is very convenient, with a single click it assigns the Zoom meeting to an appointment.
ConsThis is a software I use almost daily, so when I moved from Windows to Ubuntu Linux, I figured out I could use Zoom for Linux. The Linux version definitely needs polishing in the user experience to get up to speed to the Windows version, as some meeting controls get in the way when working with customers. For this software and another unrelated one, I had to switch back to Windows, because definitely it was getting in the way on my productivity. Guilty of bad UX in Linux. Additionally, saving the meeting recording to cloud and then sharing sometimes work weird or in a counterintuitive way. I solved this by saving the recording in the computer and then uploading to Google Drive and sharing it that way.
September 27, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
September 24, 2019

“Best Conference Call/Virtual Meeting Software Available”

OverallAgain, the issues I am highlighting are fairly nit picky as Zoom is vastly superior to the previous product we were using (Goto Meeting)
ProsSo lets start by acknowledging that every single professional conference call/virtual meeting software or product has some flaws. None of them offer everything you want without some glitches or issues. That said, I've used countless other products/vendors and can I attest that Zoom is easily the best of its class available on the market. I love that there is a simple Zoom add-on you can download into your personal Outlook to make scheduling meetings incredibly easy. Love that all employees get their own accounts/unique login ID's. I think the mobile app is also a big plus, as I have joined meetings and viewed what others are sharing directly on my phone. The customization options are outstanding.
ConsCouple of areas for improvement: - It doesn't need to blast super loud "this call is being recorded." That can freak some interviewees out. Consider changing to a visual cue that the call is being recorded (or a more subtle audio cue) - Really wish there was a feature that warned you when you've accidentally scheduled two zoom meetings that overlap (with the same user/login). Could be helpful - The biggest issue in my opinion is the fact that sometimes I don't fully end a zoom meeting and when I have another zoom call/meeting immediately in succession, it can sometimes say that the other meeting hasn't ended and I somehow am not able to end the first meeting in order for others to join the new meeting. -Overlapping meetings (under a single user login) is by far the biggest area for improvement. We run into that issue pretty regularly - Sometimes the call/meeting recordings don't show up or download
September 24, 2019
Henry E.
Investor
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
September 13, 2019

“Favorite software I use daily”

OverallSolves the problem of meeting with people outside of the office with great quality audio, video and sharing. And constantly adding new, great features!
ProsI've used meeting software like this for over 10 years, Zoom rocks and is so much better in so many ways - especially the important stuff like it JUST WORKS!
ConsReally not much at all - I like everything about it. I guess it almost has too many features so you need to dig in and learn the software and custom-tailor it for yourself. For example, you can have it auto-record meetings for you every time. But that option is buried about 10 menu options deep - but it works great!
September 13, 2019
Bob T.
Online Radio Expert/Host; Podcast Host; Ordained Minister/Award Winning Author/Prof. Public Speaker
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed
September 10, 2019

“Zoom works the best out all the systems I have tried.”

OverallBy using Zoom meetings, I am able to record for both, my audio podcasts and my video training programs by using one simple software. Prior to using Zoom, I was using two and sometimes three different platforms to accomplish the same thing I can do through Zoom!
ProsZoom is the most stable platform I have used. Zoom is becoming widely acceptable and is used by many of the clients whom I interview. Zoom allows me to schedule the meetings in advance or simply send an invitation straight from the software itself.
ConsI wish the ability was provided to eliminate all of the small icons of people on the call without having to upgrade to the webinar system.
September 10, 2019
Keion L. B.
Administrative Analyst
Human Resources, 1001-5000 employees
September 8, 2019

“Reliable Conference Software”

OverallMy overall experience with Zoom is extremely good. The software is lightweight but very heavy hitting. It is packed with important features, controls and abilities. I feel this software one of the best on the market for audio video conferencing.
ProsWhat I like most about Zoom software is that the software is available to use a no charge. The software has several features that I find to be extremely efficient Zoom allows you to have a one on one conference with any user in the world. You can use the software to do a conference call with technology devices such as computers, tablets and cell phone devices. The software utilizes audio, video and screen sharing capabilities. You can share your device screen so your audience can view a presentation, hear your voice and see you live via video camera. The Zoom software also allows you to screen record your device or computer. This function is key because you can record your presentations or conferences and use the recorded video later as a media marketing tool. The software is very easy to learn and is beginner friendly. Zoom also has very friendly customer support and technical assistance. I would recommend the software to any user who is interested in audio video conferencing software.
ConsThe only thing I like least about the software is the overlay controls. The controls can get in the way of your recording sometimes. The overlay can be docked near the bottom or the top section of the screen which is helpful.
September 8, 2019
Ben M.
IT Architect
Management Consulting, 10,001+ employees
September 6, 2019

“Zoom is the Industry Standard for Me”

OverallWe have used Zoom for a little over a year and it has been an amazing experience. We moved to Zoom from Webex, after people constantly having issues with that platform. Zoom has been a night and day difference with user satisfaction sitting at a much higher rate than it was before.
ProsWhat I like most about this software is that it is reliable and provides a much better user experience than the competition. One of the features I love is that it will automatically detect and connect to a zoom meeting when you are in a zoom room.
ConsThe only negative that I can think of is that their support could have been a little better / faster responding to issues. They aren't as bad as some companies, but they weren't the best that I have experienced.
September 6, 2019
Francisco V.
Release Manager
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
September 2, 2019

“The best tool for conference and group calls”

OverallAs I said earlier, Zoom is far superior to other tools in the market, even in its free version. We use it in our conference rooms and personal computers, with very good results in all scenarios (demos, support, remote daily meetings, etc.). Very user friendly and works really fast!
ProsHaving many off-shore clients, we use this tool for everything, from simple support calls to full demos. Zoom really shines when you compare it to other tools available in the market; we experience little to no latency in our calls, video or shared screen streaming, which is incredibly valuable when working remotely and convincing clients that this is not a limitation. In my personal experience, I never had a call dropped or a freezed screen. Audio quality is really good, even when having multiple callers from different locations. While acting as organizer I can easily manage speaking permissions and turns, making good use of the "raise hand" option. Last but not least, the application is very easy to install and use, even if you're downloading it for the first time, just click on the link to the meeting and you're set.
ConsWhen sharing control of the screen, Zoom does not allow control over applications opened in Administrator Mode, which is almost always when working in dev or UAT environments. The action bar while sharing screen is a bit cluttered, making it hard to find the desired options. Text-chat could stand to be improved; if you end the call, text messages are not saved, so they're lost forever if you forgot to save them beforehand.
September 2, 2019
Leif E.
Director of Marketing & Analytics
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
August 29, 2019

“Great conferencing software, couple annoyances”

OverallOverall really positive experience with the software as well as the sales and support teams.
ProsI've tested a bunch of video conferencing options and landed on Zoom as the best. Quality is good (better than any other, but still could use improvement) and it has tons of features that I like. Really enjoy Zoom Rooms for conference rooms. I like that they are hardware agnostic. I got a Polycom Trio 8800 which acts as both the audio and the controller. Paired that with a cheapo PC from Amazon, an existing projector, and an inexpensive web cam to create a really nice solution. We add meetings to a conference room calendar and when you show up you can start the meeting with a single button from the Polycom. Very slick, although it took me a bit to get it configured properly.
ConsIt's frustrating that I have to buy both a Zoom Room license AND a pro user just to setup that room. The pro user should be included with the room since it is necessary to make it work. I really wish there was an option to start meetings with the video in the corner instead of full screen when you are the only person in the meeting. Sharing video is a bit glitchy and the audio lags. Outside of those issues it is great.
August 29, 2019
Education Management, 201-500 employees
August 25, 2019

“It actually works smoothly, unlike its competition”

OverallI could not be happier. Our institution has standardized on it, and it was one of the best I.T. business decisions we have made in the last 5 years.
ProsZoom video conferences are just smooth, and not loaded with an annoying amount of jitter like the other products in the field. That results in a natural meeting, as close as you can get other than physical face-to-face. It's well maintained. Unfortunately people still buy Cisco's option because of Cisco's name, not Cisco's functionality and performance.
ConsIt would be good to see more significant integration with G Suite and Office365.
August 25, 2019
Andrew P.
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
August 19, 2019

“Webconferencing for the agile workplace”

OverallI use this product for countless meetings and I have always recommended it to co-workers. As a project manager, I often throw together meetings to have quick agile discussions with stakeholders and ZOOM allows me to do just that. Even external clients with no experience using ZOOM can access it and use it with little issue. As with all products, the more people are comfortable with the tools that ZOOM provides, the greater collaboration can be. Once people understand this, they find ZOOM to be one of the best tools for their day-to-day and begin scheduling their own web conferences. I think that alone demonstrates how useful ZOOM can be.
ProsZOOM is incredibly easy to use. The product is intuitive for the average user and can get you started with a web conference in little time. Most industries rely on some sort of off-site conferencing tool, particularly for large organizations with multiple locations. ZOOM has a quick turnaround, you can have you conference set-up and details to attendees right away. The ZOOM UI during a meeting is very helpful as well, you can switch between a presentation, to video conferencing, and teleconferencing with single commands. Other users are presented with a simple and intuitive dashboard to allow them to share and participate. I have never run into a technical issue that wasn't easily overcome, and almost never had any issues during a presentation. Participants have a wide array of participating as well, with a helpful and discrete chat box and ways to "jump-in" without needing to pause the conference.
ConsAudio can be tricky depending on how you have your conference rooms set-up. When using at home or at a desk, this is not an issue, but in conference rooms with in-room audio connected to the presenting computer, there can be echo. This is mostly user-caused and can be easily fixed, but it is something that has come up more than once. Some users have trouble figuring out how to mute or turn their camera off, and the web conference client at times requires refreshing when it doesn't launch initially.
August 19, 2019
David W.
Chief Information Officer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
August 16, 2019

“A great alternative to GoToMeeting and WebEx”

OverallZoom is a worthy competitor to GoToMeeting and Webex even if it still lacks some useful features. It does excel in large group environments and video screen participation.
ProsZoom is a full featured virtual meeting/collaboration software. As a long-time user of GoToMeeting, I found Zoom to be an excellent alternative. One of the great things about Zoom is the extent that it can be customized to each individual user. Zoom leverages most of its strengths if it's applied within a large organization. Each user gets to customized how they engage Zoom at startup. For instance when entering a meeting, users can set as their defaults such things as entering a meeting with microphone and camera turned off.. No embarrassing "gotcha" moments. Zoom allows multiple options for screen sharing, using single or multiple screens, or highlighting one app. Zoom also allows for whiteboards. Customer support is generally prompt and helpful. Two billing disputes were resolved within a few minutes. Technical support is also generally helpful and responsive. A problem with echoes and distortion was quickly diagnosed in the middle of a meeting and fixed with minimal interruption.
ConsOne of the glaring defects of Zoom is not being able to share controls.. While users may designate another meeting attendee as a host, it doesn't allow for passing off of controls. Which is not the same thing. Several users of competitor titles like GoToMeeting or WebEx, find this feature very useful as it lets other meeting attendees manipulate their screen while still retaining overall control of the meeting. The control elements are a bit more spread out on the desktop app than users may be used to with GoToMeeting and WebEx. in some cases this means more screen real estate is available for actual meeting content, but it can also make things a little bit harder to find.
August 16, 2019
Jeremy F.
Onwer / Coach
Financial Services, Self-employed
August 13, 2019

“Virtual meetings with lots of features”

OverallAs a coach, I did not want to limit my clients to driving distance, nor do I want to keep a dedicated office that I can bring "strangers" into, outside of my home. Zoom not only allows me to meet seamlessly but allows my clients to meet comfortably in their own home (and not have to worry about baby sitters, etc). The ease of use and multi-platform support removes any compatibility worries when setting meetings.
ProsThis software is easy for my clients to set up for a meeting with me virtually. I love that I can share my whole desktop, one window on it, a selected part, or even share the screen of my phone. I've used this to meet on a Mac, PC, iPhone, and iPad. This has options for recording meetings, setting defaults for audio/video, etc. You can do group meetings and allow client(s) to share or control my desktop. One thing I've only used occasionally is assigning a unique meeting ID for each meeting. I just use my standard ID so I can incorporate it into form emails and my scheduling software.
ConsThe free version limits group meetings to 40 min (but it's the free version; I do meet with others who have the paid version and it's great)
James A.
National Manager information Systems
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
August 6, 2019

“Zoom video webinar meetings simplicity and power in meeting and webinar software”

OverallMy overall experience has been very good and we have solidly used at least 2 other leaders in this category over the past 2-5 years.
ProsZoom seems to work really well on all our platforms and provides many options for our participants on many devices, so we have mobile and desktop and laptop and meeting rooms all in one meeting. We regularly use Zoom to meet across the country in large,medium and small groups. It has the potential to have 1000 participants if you have the right plan with the webinars option. We quite often connect up our usb high quality microphones after the meeting is started and they are picked up instantly with the choice of sources available. You can present graphics, desktop and sound across the presentation. Another cool feature is that if you are using multiple screens it is really easy to choose what you share. Recording the meetings is really simple with the choice of recording to your pc or the cloud for later playback and sharing. Also these recorded files come in various options including audio only. We sometimes grab these recorded training sessions and edit them and turn them into repeatable training resources. RSVP can be managed with the addon for webinars. you can setup many defaults for variables before the meeting starts like record, mute on, video on.
ConsI think the only thing I am not sure that it does is allow you to mute incoming calls in case they are noisy, in most other instances we have had no issue muting computer based listeners if they became a litttle noisy.
August 6, 2019
Jordan D.
Marketing Analytics Specialist
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
August 4, 2019

“Is it healthy to like a meeting and chat software this much?”

OverallTry the demo and see if it works best for your business. I know that I don't have any regrets.
ProsI was introduced to Zoom at my first job, and I was surprised with all of the in-chat features and integrations (Outlook, Google Chrome plugins, etc). After speaking with my finance team, it seems more simple than most for billing and subscription purposes as well. I use Zoom for both my personal and work life, and hope that they continue to keep improving the software in the future.
ConsThere's a couple of glitches here and there as the company continues to scale. It's not too big of a complaint though.
August 4, 2019
Amy S.
Marketing Consultant
July 29, 2019

“Very Easy and Convenient Platform for Remote Team Meetings & Presentations”

OverallMy experience with Zoom Meetings and Chat has been great. It's quickly become one of our team's most valuable collaboration tools. It feels like a shared meeting platform that's truly collaborative. Instead of one person starting and running a meeting, we can each step in and lead on-the-fly, naturally. So far, this platform feels more like your team being in the same room together than other professional meeting platforms.
ProsIt's easy to start and join meetings -- both for internal teams and external clients. Just send a link and anyone can participate. This is a very intuitive alternative to platforms like Skype, Join.me and GoToMeeting. And our team's experience is that it's more reliable than Skype. We're a small group of remote workers, so our team is online together via Zoom daily, some of us continuously for multiple hours. It's easy to swap screen share (no need to "promote" a participant to "presenter"; easy to record and keep meetings. We use the chat feature to share files and off-screen commentary. We love being able to see each other in real time, which makes our meeting and collaboration time feel almost "in-person." Best of all, each of us on our team has our own unique meeting link. We've bookmarked each other's "Zoom Rooms," so we can easily hop on and off with each other as needed for "huddles" throughout the day. Our clients appreciate the "face-to-face" meeting time. It's just as easy for them to participate. Zoom feels really organic and collaborative. The platform never gets in the way.
ConsIf you are presenting on Zoom you have to keep your eye on the screen to see if you have chat messages waiting, but that is the same with GoToMeeting. The chat alert is definitely more visible than in GoToMeeting, and it feels more natural and less distracting to open and respond to the chat in Zoom. Basically, Zoom has done a great job with the meeting controls to keep everything very simple and visible.
Amber Elizabeth M.
Administrative Operations Manager
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
July 20, 2019

“Great for people that use technology, hard for some older folks ”

OverallWhile we survived on the free platform for a long while at one point, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the paid version to others as the features really add a lot of robustness. Any business that hasn't caught on to video chats can try this product for free and learn what they are missing!
ProsBecause you can combine phone and video options, there's virtually no reason people can't join your meeting virtually! At two companies where we've used this software, we've been able to have remote meetings, schedule calls for clients, and woo investors. And this was before we were on the subscribed plan! Zoom's free version (requires download on your phone) is awesome for doing a video chat with clients or even as a prelim interview for new employee candidates. Because the software is free, or access on a computer is a breeze, you can video chat with people that may not have iphone, skype or whatever else that generally requires an account.
ConsIn reality, the problems were probably more likely user error than Zoom's fault, I would love to see a way for Zoom to notify the participants that one of the feeds is frozen or glitching. I know this likely has a lot more to do with the streaming connection of the person on the line. However, if Zoom were able to indicate that one person's feed was frozen through detecting no new data, the other participants might have a better chance to pause the conversation if necessary. Without the notification, people will continue talking and eventually have to backtrack using more time than necessary. The second "Con" is that well, if you need to connect with an older generation, you might want to coach them through this in advance. We've had some delays in getting meetings started, issues with microphones on computers not connecting, and people that will call in AND connect to video --- hello, feedback noise!
July 20, 2019
Sébastien L.
Directeur
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
April 28, 2019

“A Fine, Very Customizable Video Conferencing Tool with Extra Features”

OverallMy experience with this software has been reliable when excluding certain behaviors, such as moving Zoom windows around when recording or using the annotation tool. I haven't got the chance to use frequently this software on other devices, but I have mixed feelings when using it on a Linux system because of the aforementioned issues. I find Zoom is a solid option for one-on-one meetings, particularly considering everything needed works perfectly on a free plan. For bigger meetings, a Premium plan is a must and one can still benefit a lot from this software. It has enabled me to do screen sharing very easily without having to know anything about video recording or editing. Even on low-end PCs, I feel that Zoom is quite capable of rendering a good enough video for formal meetings that need to be shared later by other means. The encoding used for exported videos is a great compromise between size and quality, making it a viable option when it comes to sharing a meeting online. I wouldn't recommend Zoom for producing high-quality videos intended for commercial use or for presentations with a large audience (above 100 participants), but it works perfectly fine for personal projects and for most business meetings. I find I could benefit more if I were able to use all the available features as one often needs to rely on workarounds such as using an image editing tool to make drawings from screenshots instead of being able to directly work on the screen as intended by the software.
ProsZoom brings to the table premium features for free. One-on-one meetings are not time-limited or missing any essential option. It is possible to set up recurring meetings by generating a permanent Zoom link, which is very useful to have custom links for many different contacts. Zoom makes it possible to share the screen with others: either to record a solo session; screen share with others in a meeting while having the ability to record audio and video; share only a specific window or the entire desktop and there's also a quick way to switch between different screens from participants, all of it being configurable in the application. Scheduling a new meeting is straightforward and numerous options are presented to make it easy to obtain the desired behavior by default when launching a meeting. Meetings can also be integrated with external calendars and provide more advanced options to facilitate interactions when the meeting starts, such as automatically recording on the local computer and asking for a password to prevent unauthorized access. Being able to chat with attendees and store all relevant information about them in an address book inside Zoom are other features that make interactions with frequent users a breeze. There are plenty of settings available from the main window to adjust audio, video and recording details and even integration with dual monitors.
ConsTechnical issues are present with the Linux desktop application in certain hardware conditions, especially with the annotation tool, rendering it totally useless. While using that tool, the screen isn't updated in real-time and won't allow displaying drawings with a transparent background to make it possible to annotate on the screen while keeping the desktop visible in the background. There are also various notable glitches when moving Zoom windows around, such as the video window being duplicated when recording and staying on the screen for extended periods of time, ruining the quality of any recording being made. Because of those shortcomings, it is impractical to try and move the windows when recording and some features simply need to be forgotten at those times. It is also inconvenient that the toolbar won't display properly when set at the bottom of the screen, as it only opens from top to bottom, making the list of tools go outside the bottom part of the screen and effectively unreachable. There is no way to resize the toolbar which occupies too much space on tiny monitors (screen size of 13 inches and below). In a similar fashion, the main window when a meeting is happening can't easily be resized as some buttons will disappear and become unusable, making it harder to record the session or end the meeting.
April 28, 2019
Virginia B.
Communications Manager
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
July 27, 2018

“Zoom, Zoom, Zoom - For a smooth ride to your next online event”

ProsAffordable. Reliable. Easy. That's Zoom in a nutshell. We have experienced the heartache of running a webinar only to have the audio cut in and out and glitch the entire time - ultimately causing our attendees to drop off. But, that's not the case with Zoom. Our company, belonging to the industry of software QA and testing, regularly hosts remote meetings to check in and collaborate on progress and future team initiatives. We decided to make the switch from GoToMeeting (a great alternative to Zoom) because it fit our needs more accurately. Zooms customer support is remarkably responsive and very quick to solve any issues encountered. Pros Zoom video conference calling and webinar is fitting for any sized company or organization. Meetings can be scheduled within seconds and added directly from Zoom's platform to Google Calendar, Yahoo Calendar, or Outlook Calendar; which allows you to set up invites and add additional attendees. Zoom provides the option to either enroll in a monthly or an annual plan, in which you can choose to deactivate and/or reactivate at any time (beneficial for saving extra bucks if you do not run regular monthly webinars). The plan that includes 100 participants, for both video conferencing and webinar, are priced at an affordable price per month (GoToWebinar is nearly double in price for the same plan). The audio on calls and webinars comes across crisp; we have never experienced any issues with dropped calls or glitches during webinars). Having the ability to join calls and webinars from any desktop, tablet, and/or phone (iOS and android) is convenient for anyone looking to access meetings on the go. Zoom includes various features, i.e. live screen-sharing, whiteboard, etc., which helps relieve the difficulties of working remotely. If you are holding an international meeting, I.e. training, trainees can join by laptop and listen over laptop speakers (they would have to use laptop and not call in directly via phone to avoid having to pay for extra international call credits - which costs an additional /month). Zoom comes in handy when working with distributed teams; Zoom's conference calling features are great for doing demos, exercises, sprint planning, etc.
ConsWhen joining a webinar or a call via mobile device, it's unclear how to join audio (I thought there was something wrong with my phone because it was telling me my audio was on but I could not hear anything during the webinar - turns out I couldn't see the audio number which was hidden behind the webinar). If anyone else has this confusion you can also look at the original webinar confirmation or follow-up reminder and locate the call-in number there. The poll questions and results to not display in the webinar recordings so you will have to edit or takes screenshots and merge them into your recording (we use I movie to do this).
July 27, 2018
Devora Gila B.
Team Coach
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed
March 9, 2018

“Zoom is the backbone of my coaching practice.”

OverallGives me an edge over my competitors, credibility, community, communication, engagement. Added value to coaching experience -- recordings are priceless.
ProsI have been using Zoom for a few years now. I love its ease of use and quality. How many times have I been on a Skype call and it froze in the middle???? I avoid Skype at all costs now. With Zoom I can easily schedule my client meetings. I actually have the invitation already pasted into my appointment confirmation and reminder autoresponder, with the url and dial-in information. It's so easy to manage appointments this way. The recording feature is helpful as well. When your session is over, the recording is available in different formats, video and audio, and gets automatically processes and stored in your computer and available to upload to my clients. I like the video conferencing feature for groups as well, with different screen possibilities. I can choose to view everyone at once, only a few people at once, or the speaker. This is helpful for webinars and group coaching. Share screen is a feature I use in different ways. For client enrollment conversations. I can actually share the Agreement form and go through all of the contract terms in real time, being able to close the sale more quickly. In client sessions I can go through their website or materials and give real-time feedback, which is invaluable. Chat feature makes workshops, webinars and group sessions engaging and lively. The speaker can read the chat questions and comments and respond.
ConsI can't find much to compain about. I was using the free feature and was dissapointed that I couldn't have a longer session with more than one person, but I've since upgraded. There is a video tutorial for how to do a background in the upgraded version but I'm finding it a little hard to follow. At one point I thought I had a different version of Zoom than the one they were showing. So that was confusing.
March 9, 2018
Will L.
Sales
Human Resources, 51-200 employees
August 22, 2019

“Hi Everybody! Nice to chat with you today”

OverallMy experience with Zoom has been a good one. I realize that there is no glass slipper conferencing solution that will meet all my expectations. That being said, Zoom does a great job of being good at the ones that really matter to me. With zoom, I do not travel as much because a face to face conference seems to suffice most situations and the meetings can be flexible to work with different time zones. Having a link to my meetings directly in the calendar invite has been a huge benefit for me as clients know exactly where to go to access the conference. This has been a good tool and I would recommend it to my peers.
ProsI think we can all agree that one of the worst things about conferencing with a new client or employee is walking them through the setup and install if the tool. Then going through and making sure their microphone is connected and so forth. This is what makes Zoom so great. The one click install to start using the tool really makes things simple, streamlined, and best of all, it makes you look like an expert because it is set up in seconds. Being able to see everyone's face in the meeting is a game changer as well because your meetings are more personable and you can really gauge people's responses to items as you bring them up. They take the ease of use even further by being able to chat, mute and raise your hand, this is especially true if there are multiple people on a call. It is simply a great tool.
ConsSome of the biggest cons I see are: Not being able to configure backgrounds. Not doing can add distractions Occasionally, there are times where one of my attendees or I will join the call only to be the lone person in the conference. Then we have to leave and rejoin to get into the correct conference. Computer audio can be a pain as it pick up a lot of background noise and there is usually an echo The leave meeting button should be easier to find and centrally located
August 22, 2019
Sara S.
Academic Advisor
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
July 17, 2019

“Zoom for Campus Meeting and Remote Faculty ”

OverallOverall this has helped us to reach online students so they feel that we are real, live people and not just some robot behind an email address. Being able to video chat on a platform that doesn't really have technical difficulties in using has been a huge help for those that are less comfortable with sites that we typically use to video chat or host webinars or advising groups. I think that the ease of use in learning how to operate a zoom meeting is a big pro. Additionally, this has completely changed how we can work with candidates who aren't able to attend on campus interviews in our actual physical space. This is opening up a lot of possibilities for us!
ProsThis product is essential to our team. We use this for a variety of reasons which to name a few include: communicating with students for advising or progressions meetings, communicating with fellow staff members or team members who are working remotely or telecommuting, communicating with faculty who are out of state, hosting large school or department/college meetings to allow multiple staff or faculty to "remote in" at the same time so even though they are not physically in the space, they can still see and hear what is going on in the physical meeting and we can hear them and see them as well. I think this is a great concept for smaller meetings where we are all remote as well. It's kind of hard sometimes to schedule up conference calls and being able to use personal laptops or work computers to video chat with a smaller group has allowed us to stay more connected. As an added bonus, it really puts a face to faculty that we really see or who are out of state so we don't ever see them physically on our campus. It helps to create a sense of team and unity when we are all so far apart sometimes. The pricing options are AWESOME as well! The service teams have been great about working with us to switch things up or bump our plans up as well. The video quality for what we get, even with internet/bandwith problems has always been top notch too, which I really love.
ConsNo complaints! Their site is easy to use, their service teams are quick to respond, and there are multiple pricing/package options for you to be able to customize what you need for your uses.
July 17, 2019
David Y.
Editor and Marketer
Publishing, 1-10 employees
September 3, 2019

“Good...But Not Great”

OverallZoom gets the job done, but it could be better. The interface is not entirely easy to navigate. Before purchasing Zoom I would recommend trying out the application. You can set up a free account, and with the free account you can hold brief meetings (the last time I did this, the meetings were capped at 60 minutes). However, it is a nice and inexpensive way to see if Zoom might be right for you. My advice to those seeking a digital meeting application would be to compare Zoom side by side with GotoMeeting. As stated, my experience has been that GotoMeeting is easier to navigate and learn. My team has used GotoMeeting for years, but even early on, it was easier to use than Zoom.
ProsZoom is a tool used mainly for online meetings. It's a great tool if you want to bring together remote employees. It's also valuable if you host a meeting and want to invite others outside of your organization without having to fly them to your city to meet in person. My experience with Zoom falls into this latter category. That is to say, my Zoom is experience is based on being in invitee to meetings hosted by other organizations that use Zoom. There are several features I like about Zoom. The audio quality is great as is the video quality. It's fairly easy to join a Zoom meeting (once you have the meeting credentials you simply click out on the url provided by the organizer). For audio, you can dial in or use your computer's audio system.
ConsAs an infrequent user of Zoom, I find it to be less easy to use than GotoMeeting (which is what my company uses). The Zoom interface is less clear, and it's not quite as easy to see who is in the meeting (whereas with GotoMeeting both of these details are quite obvious because of the helpful dashboard). With Zoom, I often find myself clicking around to figure out how things work. In sum, it's less user-friendly than other digital meeting applications I've used.
September 3, 2019
Jerry A.
System Administrator
July 2, 2018

“Incredible. Extremely easy to use (as a host and as an end user), and works well.”

OverallBiggest benefit is helping us to serve out our mission of education and conservation by letting us reach students who cannot come to us.
ProsEase of use is its best feature. From the host point of view, it is easy to access all of its features. Setting up a meeting is quick, sending out invites is easy, connecting to the meeting and starting a meeting couldn't be easier. From the end user point of view, this system is great. It doesn't need to be installed on the user's PC by an administrator. We just click the meeting link, the meeting launches in a temporary instance, and we are good to go. There is an app for Android and iOS, but those too are easy to install. It uses whatever camera, microphone, and speakers you've got setup on your device. We use this software as part of our Distance Learning programs. And we've used it with schools, museums, and hospitals. Think kids that are sick and cannot leave the hospital. Or kids from a landlocked state, who haven't seen the ocean. We take them on virtual tours of our Aquarium, and show them the bay and the shipping channel, and it's all LIVE VIDEO and two way communication so we can answer questions and show the kids what they want to see. This software is so easy to use, not just for our staff, but also for educators and hospital staff. It's extremely easy for them to click a link and know the software will work without their having to call their IT staff to install software and test it over and over again. We have not had any problems whatsoever with connecting to Zoom or during our meetings that weren't related to our internet or end user's internet connection.
ConsI'm hard pressed to pinpoint what I like least about this software. Seriously, it's easy to use, it has a lot of features, and everyone likes it. I would say maybe the cost is probably the worst thing about it. But honestly, it is not even that expensive.
July 2, 2018
Danny L.
Administrator
Education Management, 11-50 employees
October 13, 2019

“Zoom is a great way to get group phone conferencing AND video all in one”

OverallGreat and reliable. I'd recommend it to those needing an easy way for people to connect to a group meeting.
ProsI loved that for a small price we can get both a telephone conference phone number and also a video feed. The software is easy to use and has enough features that we can manage a group meeting and have some control over how those attending interact with the group. It's been reliable each week and works well even over slower bandwidths. The zoom app is also very nice and easy to use. It also allows you to record the meeting either on the cloud or on your local computer.
ConsWhile you can turn of the entry chime when a user is connected to the meeting, it does chime when the FIRST user connects. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. For our use though, it would be nice to be able to turn this off completely.
October 13, 2019
Alberto José R.
Pasante
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
December 4, 2018

“An alternative to communicate”

OverallThe best tool to give presentations about business, virtual classes and group connections. It is a very stable tool with a high quality. Since I use it, I do not even open my Skype.
ProsZoom seems to me a very good program as an alternative for all those people who use videoconferencing a lot. Some use Hangouts, others Skype, and it depends on what you as a user are looking for. What I like most about Zoom is that it is a program that you can use to give a more business aspect to your presentations or virtual meetings since there are few people who know this application that has nothing to envy to Skype. In fact it seems a thousand times more stable and much more intuitive to use. One of the features that I like most about this application is that it assigns you a unique room number (it would be something like your identification in the application). With this number you will be able to invite partners, friends, family, clients and potential prospects to connect to your room through this number. For example, my room has a number, that is, if someone enters that ID on the platform, it would be connected to my room. Now, other things that I like about the application is the notification that is sent when someone tries to enter your room, before you have opened it. I choose between Zoom and Skype, I would choose Zoom a thousand times.
ConsLike any application, there is a paid version and a free version. The only bad thing about having the free version is that you have a limit of 40 minutes each time you open your room. That is to say that if your presentation lasts 1 hour, after 40 minutes it will close and you will have to reopen it to finish the presentation. So if you need more than 40 minutes to use your room I blindly recommend that you pay for the premium version. It will give you unlimited time and your capacity of participants in the room will increase considerably.
December 4, 2018
Dalia O.
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
September 26, 2019

“Great return for your investment!”

OverallSmooth and pleasant experience. Very easy to use after you get used to it. We recomend to have a walkthrough with the support of Zoom if you want to purchase more than few users so the implementation will be smoother.
ProsUser friendly, easy to use. So far didn't experience problems. We took the individual plan for our company . Good alternative to GoTomeeting we used before. Well integrated with outlook.
ConsNot that I can think of. The product is easy to use. We switched from Gotomeeting so it took short time to get used to the new look and new way of operations.
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees
August 13, 2019

“Excellent product, easy to use”

OverallOverall, Zoom enables my organization to easily have productive meetings with stakeholders without having to actually gather in one room, which may sometimes be difficult to organize. Zoom allows us to share screens easily and the call quality is excellent, which means that we are not wasting time making sure that everyone on the call can hear each other and that everyone can see the screen that is being projected.
ProsZoom is an extremely reliable service that is easy to use. It is very easy to share screens among the members of the call, and the call quality - both via phone and via computer audio - is very good. There are options to mute and to stop video. Zoom is a consistently good and reliable product. There is a minimal learning curve with the product, which means that users can be up and running within minutes.
ConsWhen muting a call, there is a voice that reminds the user that they have muted the call, which makes it difficult to hear the people who are actually speaking on the call. It is possible to miss what is being said.
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
August 10, 2019

“I feel more connected to my colleagues thanks to Zoom!”

OverallZoom allows our organization to stay connected with each other through virtual meetings. This is essential for our team because we have a large mix of staff who work from home. Zoom also allows us to reach a larger audience by having the capability to host webinars to reach participants all over the county. This is how we expand our visibility and our work.
ProsI like being able to schedule Zoom meetings to connect with my remote colleagues who often work from home. I also like using its chat features for quick questions and to stay in touch. This saves a lot of time texting from the phone. I also like that it has all the tools needed to host webinars- you can record and share the videos later with participants, you can have co-hosts, and people can take turns sharing their screens for collaboration. If you use Google for calendaring, there's even an app add-on that allows users to schedule meetings directly from your calendar. I also like that it has a delegation feature so I can schedule meetings on behalf of others. This is a great feature for assistants.
ConsThere are a lot of features in Zoom - so it may take some time to learn them all. The interface doesn't feel that intuitive. I find myself looking for how to do this and that more than I'd like. The good news: the help section has great how-to instructions and videos that are easy to follow.
August 10, 2019
Mike H.
Director of CS
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
July 24, 2019

“The best webinar software I've used”

OverallIt has been nearly seamless. We are very satisfied and look forward to more features in the future.
ProsZoom has a lot of customization options per account and even down to the user level, but still manages to keep things simple and user friendly. The video quality is good and it's easy to grab recordings and send them to attendees.
ConsOccasionally attendees aren't able to log into a call using the pre-generated and we have to send a new invite at the last minute.
July 24, 2019
June 20, 2019

“Perfect to have active communication in a remote Startup.”

OverallZoom is definitely optimal for a remote Startup, talking from experience, my actual job fits perfectly in this category. You may ask ~Why is that?~ its features are perfect to manage a small team. I will make a list of important features included on zoom: - You can share your scream with your team. Multiple people can share at the same time if you can choose an option, if not, only one person will be allowed to share. - The possibility to have rooms to segment work. - You can make global announcements if you need to communicate with people on other channels without going into their channel. - It is really easy to have meetings with customers or potential leads, all you need to do is to share a zoom URL link and send it to them, they will be directly moved into the meeting room without installing any software.
ProsThe ability to have real-time collaboration with channels and screen sharing, basically the ability to manage other people with easy to use tools, the audio quality is also great.
ConsThey could definitely implement a tag option for members and other options when you right click someone as host.
June 20, 2019
Samridh S.
Electrical Engineer II
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1000 employees
April 17, 2019

“Zoom - Conferencing at ease”

OverallZoom is the ultimate place to not just have a video meeting with people but be able to see all of the team members at once, interact with them while sharing your or other computer screen. It is perfect platform to make the best use of time when you have lot of team member who are located across different states of different countries.
ProsZoom video conferencing so easy to use that one needs no prior knowledge of how the system works. It has all the perks one needs. I like that with zoom there is a free account one can create and get started with it right away. I use it all the time with my project partner when we are unable to meet. The Zoom meeting allows us to exchange the control of sharing the screen and the best feature I like is we can give each other the control of mouse and keyboard as well for each others screen. With Zoom it practically feels like the other person is right next to you. This online video conferencing platform is widely used in many companies especially when there lot of virtual team members in a project. During my Graduate program projects some students are taking classes online and working with them is hard as there is no face to face interaction and chatting through emails or phone is not as productive. I have used zoom on all such projects and it helped me establish a good personal interaction with such team members and also gain their trust and make our project time a lot more productive.
ConsZoom if used as a free platform has some limitations such as number of participants on a video conferencing. Also time limit if there are 3 or more participants. To have uninterrupted video conference with lot of team members upgraded paid membership is required else you will be creating a new meeting every hour which is not such a huge issue considering its free but it is just a little hassle. Besides that I have not seen any drawbacks of using zoom so far.
April 17, 2019
Sarah M.
Asst. Director of ECE
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
August 30, 2019

“Meetings Made Easy”

OverallIt saves time and money! It allows for great flexibility and fast communication.
ProsCan you say convenience? We have hundreads of sister companies throughout North America, and while we are seperate business entities , we typically share a lot of the same functions and goals. Before, Zoom Meetings and Chat, directors would wait and rely on country wide conferences to meet and collarborate with their collegues. As you can imagine, doing this once per year certainly isn't enough. Not to mention, the vast expenses that come with traveling to and attending a conference. This is where Zoom Meeting & Chat has found its niche with us. Unlike other forms of video conferences, you are able to meet with multiple people at once. Someone is also idnetified as the coordinator and they can send out the invitations, which then can be added to your calendar so you never miss a meeting! Some of the best features are that the names of the people are on the screen since you are often meeting with new faces or people that you've only met a time or too. The individual boxes of the person that is speaking lights up so it is easy to follow along. So long as your computer is equipped with a microphone and a camera, you're good to go! Our program now has a set monthly meeting with many directors from around the country. We share ideas, share group readings, discuss research, and are greatly benefitting from our larger community thanks to Zoom Meetings & Chat.
ConsThere hasn't been anything that we have found to be difficult or anything to dislike about this software. It is reliable and easy to use.
August 30, 2019
Eileen Moran C.
Marketing and Operations Manager
August 28, 2019

“Simple and reliable meeting tool”

OverallZoom works really well for our team of about 20 people. We all work remotely and we use Zoom every day to meet with each other and with clients. We have multiple paid accounts, so Zoom is an expensive option for other startups. That is the only reason I would hesitate to recommend it.
ProsZoom is very easy to set up and use. It only takes about 10 minutes to set up an account and start using it. The quality of the audio and video is very good.
ConsSince Zoom is dependent on your Internet connection, video and audio can sometimes break up if you have a bad connection. The price is high if you need the capability of meeting with multiple people for more than 45 mintes.
August 28, 2019
MD Masoom R.
Sr Executive Sales and Research
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
July 4, 2019

“A great video conferencing/meeting platform....”

OverallMy overall experience with Zoom Video Conferencing is amazing, I like everything about it if I talk about audio quality, video quality, adding multiple people and working on low-speed internet, I must say that it works amazingly on it.
ProsI like almost everything about Zoom Video Conferencing. Mostly I like its video quality and audio quality when I use it for conversation. The way it gives me access to add multiple people to a meeting is amazing and I also like this feature the most. Overall I can say that I am satisfied with this product.
ConsThere is one thing that I want to highlight that I dislike about it and that is Zoom Video Conferencing is a little bit expensive compared to other tools, but it is worth to spend on it.
July 4, 2019
Susan A.
Sr. Manager-Business Operations
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
June 4, 2019

“Zoom offers the most convenient video conferences with efficient communication. ”

OverallZoom is most trending tool for attending meetings live from anywhere and it allows us to experience collaborative meetings. Quality of sound and video is very clear which is very helpful for us to understand others points clearly. Install easily on our smart devices and reliable for work. As per my personal experience this tool need more updates for work more smoothly.
ProsZoom is one of the most trending tools for video conferencing and all of its features are relatively easy for use. We can attend our important business meetings live from anywhere which is very useful option for us. Controls and functionality are very simple to use even new user can use this tool easily. Video quality is very clear which helps us to understand others points clearly. Zoom is very helpful option which provide us single platform where we can describe about our projects easily. It provides us great experience of video conferencing and it's easy to install on our systems and reliable for work.
ConsZoom is an online tool for conferencing but sometime while we are working with slow data we are unable to experience clear video conferencing. Sometime while working with this tool little glitches appeared during call and this tool is bit expensive. Chat feature is good but more templates would be useful for us. Mobile version doesn't perform well so need more updates for reliable work.
June 4, 2019
Davina F.
Exec. Admin
Construction, 11-50 employees
September 26, 2019

“Infrequent Webinar Host Masters Zoom After 2 Uses!”

OverallMy overall experience with Zoom as an Executive Admin has been positive. Creating a low cost account was simple, educating future users takes an entire 5 minutes, and associates who are intimidated by technology have complimented the system with surprise in their voice. In other words, it's exceeded everyone's experience after using other programs like GoToMeeting.
ProsThe best features of this software are: meeting/webinar scheduling, invitations, and NO DOWNLOADS / Account Creations for viewers.
ConsSome of the features aren't necessarily intuitive. It's easy to forget how to annotate during the middle of a webinar, but the challenge is overcome quickly.
Jose M.
Teacher
E-Learning, 1-10 employees

“The best I could find”

OverallI have had a great time with this software. Download both for computer and download the app for mobile phones and tablets have worked just fine. All the users have had good expirience, too. All the webinars and lessons I've taught have flowed smoothily and successfully. I have had very few shortcomings with it, but none which I had to resort to support.
ProsZoom is easy to use both for the administrator and for the end user. It brings really useful resources for those who want to promote a webinar or teach lessons online. You can have split rooms (breakout rooms) and the chat (written). It is high quality video and sound and it doesn't use a lot of band when you keep a conference. I am really satisfied with the product.
ConsThere are a few features which could be improved. For instance, it isn't possible to know who is writing on the screen or which user has a squeaking sound. So you need to turn off one or another feature when you have a large audience just because you can't control, and that may ruin your transmission. Also, sometimes a few features seem not work, such as, in breakout rooms, you assign a person to a room and need to move him/her to another room, the gets stuck; or when you want to cancel someone's participation, it just doesn't work properly.
Education Management, 51-200 employees

“ZOOM > Goto”

OverallZoom has transformed our internal conferencing, internal training, and external webinar experiences within a few months from a hassle, to an important piece of our business.
Proslove this software, A+ for call quality, Video calls, ease of use, simple set up, plug-ins, Messenger, Zoom Rooms! and they are always improving, and always willing to help.
Consevery once and while the connection is weird/off, we just hang up and call again and it is fine.
Marcus H.
Customer & Communications Strategist
Education Management, 5001-10,000 employees
June 14, 2019

“Face to Face Collaboration with Ease”

OverallOverall, I enjoy using the software. It having a record to the cloud feature is a great bonus especially for board meetings that need to be documented. I would definitely recommenced to others.
ProsZoom is an extremely powerful tool if you're looking for something more formal than FaceTime or Skype with a lot more capabilities. From the virtual classroom features, to the conference style/keynote features, it has the versatility to meet every virtual need for facilitating information. Specifically in my work, I use it to collaborate with thought partners across the state and work on shared documents in real time. When I'm presenting to the group I can enter presenter mode and be the only screen allowed to project while a live comments and chat box will allow me to monitor any key questions that arise. It's super helpful.
ConsSo far the issue that I have been encountering with Zoom is that on multi device sessions, it doesn't prioritize those with video on screen. It sometimes gets stuck on the phone icon after someone from the phone just spoke. It's not much, but tiny things like that I do notice.
June 14, 2019
Todd B.
Happiness Lead
Internet, 51-200 employees
October 3, 2016

“Critical for Medium to Large Remote Companies”

OverallThis is video conferencing made available to nearly anyone with it being available on every major platform and supports dial in. If you work with teams of 10 or more and need video conferencing I've found no other service that work better. We use Zoom at my company for every meeting from 1:1s to All Hands meetings of 90+ people (up to 500 I believe). Overall the product is quite simple and makes Video and VOIP calling easy. It has a great ability to allow you to schedule video calls in the future and share a link to the video. This is super handy for calls within your team or outside.
ProsIt makes video calling with large groups super easy, allows for video call record, easy invite with a link to call, scheduling calls. I use the Desktop app most the time, but the mobile app has been very handy for calls on the go. I've never used a video conferencing app that can support so many callers in one session, makes for a pretty magical experience to bring your whole team together from literally across the world.
ConsZoom for me does have call stability issues. Overall I have relatively rock solid internet connection, yet it can drop video calls from time to time. The tricky thing is it's hard to know who drops the call. It's a con, but I want to be gracious to Zoom because they essentially perform a miracle every time you make a call with tons of people. I wish they had a better way to downgrade video performance but keep video calls live. The truth still stands that I'm not sure anyone else is doing what they are capable of, so overall still very pleased despite the occasional hiccup with connection.
Recommendations to other buyersHave fast and consistent internet speeds if you intend to take regular calls. Spotty connections can be a damper on calls.
October 3, 2016
Sumanthan B.
Student
Computer Software, Self-employed
September 25, 2019

“Very easy to do a video or audio conference”

OverallThis is an awesome software in the market. The HD video calls audio calls , screen sharing are very attractive. I really love this software because I can locally record the video or audio calls very simply.
ProsThis very easy to use . And it consists HD video and voice features and also local recording also there. The interface of the software is very simple . You can study the software in 1 hour of you spend time on it. That much very easy to use. You can do a high quality video or audio calling according to your mobile quality.
ConsWhenever I open this software, it opens multiple windows with many unwanted options. And also when I make an international video call it gives some connection errors. And the internet connection should be 4G or 3G , otherwise you can't experience a good use of this software.
Teff A.
Engagement Manager
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
September 25, 2019

“Zoom Helps Us Collaborate”

OverallZoom works great for collaborating with remote teams and other companies anytime of day or different timezone. It's functionality covers all my needs to talk, see each other, record, transcribe and annotate on screen.
ProsWhat I like most about Zoom is the ability to meet with anyone where ever they are. We can collaborate real-time, see each other on screen and use the on-screen tools to anotate and collaborate during a meeting. I also like that the meetings can be recorded to publish for those that missed a meeting/training or for my personal use in note taking. I also like the transcription as it helps when there were multiple people talking or fast talkers to document action items and decisions made.
ConsWhat I like least is that even though I have turned off the setting to mute speakers upon entry, people are still muted on the recurring meetings that were set up earlier.
Theresa G.
Program assistant
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2019

“Zoom webinars is so easy to usr”

OverallOverAll, zoom webinars has streamlined my companies webinar process. It eliminates the need for a third party host and we can do everything in house.
ProsZoom webinars isn't just easy for administrators but it is easy to use and navigate for presenters and viewers too! Zoom webinars makes interactive presentations possible by the chat and polling functions.
ConsThe only thin I would change about zoom webinars would be that it is not possible to charge for webinars from the website itself/ users have to bring in a third party app.
Vince S.
Chief Enrollment Officer
Education Management, 51-200 employees
August 26, 2019

“Fits our needs for a company solution to connecting remote staff”

OverallGetting our Sales Team more connected to the home office, interviewing candidates for new positions, scholarship applicants and information dissemination. Overall it's been a huge plus for us and an improvement over previous solutions
ProsWe have a good number of remote-based employees and this allows us to connect on a more personal level with them. Also great for interview candidates for jobs, students for scholarships. Pretty easy to use and to send out invitations
ConsSome of the staff has had some growing pains learning how to use Zoom. I don't really fault Zoom and we should have done a better job training our staff during implementation. Change management is important for even small software implementations.
August 26, 2019
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees
August 8, 2019

“Zoom: Your Best Choice in Meetings”

OverallI can sing praises of Zoom all day. It's really much better than Skype or even Basecamp (although that's a bit hard to compare). You really can't beat free.
ProsIn my line of work, having everyone be on the same page is important. We use BaseCamp for a lot of our shared work, and Google Hangouts, but we're also very, very visual people. Zoom Meetings is great because for one, it's FREE (for up to 40 minutes) and we can get in as many as 100 people for the most basic plan. Skype is less reliable with picture-quality, which is something that Zoom makes priority. We often hold our production meetings in Zoom, because we have parts of our team across the country. It's important that everybody can actually watch and see what we're referencing when (our creative director) draws stuff on the white board in his office.
ConsTo be honest there's not much to complain about. Zoom is really more than adequate to fit our needs, and we have yet to really encounter an issue with them.
Education Management, 1-10 employees
January 26, 2019

“The Best All-Around Conferencing Program”

OverallZoom allows me to work! For yeas I've taught lessons online, and exclusively used Zoom. Because of its amazing reliability all over the world, I don't ever have to worry about having a backup plan. Zoom lets me do what I do best, and I couldn't recommend them more.
Pros1. It's very easy for people who don't have Zoom installed to join your meeting -- they just click the link and they're in. 2. Excellent audio and video quality, especially if an attendee is in a place where connectivity is poor. 3. Very good value for money 4. Add-ons such as breakout rooms and webinars 5. Advanced screenshare and annotation features, including sharing computer audio 6. Ability to use either the computer audio or dial-in from a telephone Finally -- and I coudln't say how this happened -- but in 2016 I emailed them saying that I couldn't figure out how to do certain things on the platform and wanted to cancel, and Eric Yuan, the CEO of the company, got on a Zoom meeting with me to explain how to make Zoom meet my needs. And to be clear, I wasn't an enterprise customer on a huge plan -- I had the lowest of all individual subscriptions. That interaction made me a fan for life.
ConsThere's very little that I don't like. I dislike that in the mobile version if I switch to another application it turns my video off, but that may apply to competitors as well. Sometimes if a person has high security settings on their machine, the download wont' be automatic. Having it at as a stand-alone application has many advantages, but the disadvantage is that it's not quite as simple as a browser-based webapp.
January 26, 2019
Internet, Self-employed
October 1, 2019

“Zoom is the software you need for video calls”

Overall Zoom is an awesome product. As a nomad digital / remote worker, it's really a game-changer for my day-to-day life
Pros- Quality of the video calls is awesome even with a weak internet connection - Calls from the mobile app are very good as well
Cons- Record option is only available to Administrator - Zoom needs to work on a noise cancelling option (for now you can use a soft call Krisp)
October 1, 2019
Felicia T.
Media Production, 1-10 employees
July 28, 2019

“Zoom Meetings Have Facilitated World-Wide Connections ”

OverallI started using Zoom when one of our advertisers suggested its use for making easy international videoconferencing calls with recording. Prior to this, I had been using Skype. But I found the recording function on Zoom easy to use and functional. The functionality of the ability to schedule meetings and invite multiple people has been beneficial to complete a number of important projects at my business.
ProsI liked the ability to have multiple people on a video conference line. The user interface and ability to set up meetings and invite people was easy to implement. I liked and used the recording option that came with specific subscription plans along with the ability to save the recording in the cloud and send it to multiple people. The ability to share the screen is also something that I found useful during meetings. I also found this easy to use on multiple devices. The payment plans and options are easy to navigate and to switch from one to another depending on business and usage needs.
ConsTypical of any software product, it took some time to get up to speed on the various components and features. I had a few false starts, but was then able to invite people to meetings with ease.
July 28, 2019