Esticom Ratings

Overall

About Esticom

Easy to use cloud-based onscreen takeoff and estimating application purpose built for subcontractors. Our simple to use product is affordable and includes onscreen takeoff, auto-count, estimating and creates quotes all in a single integrated package. No hardware or software to install and there's a free 14-day evaluation (no credit card required). Learn more about Esticom

Gail H.
Director of Contracts and Vendor Relationship

“Esticom Review”

OverallEsticom allows us to do more takeoffs in less time. This is great because many programs out there are not geared to Structured Cabling and this is. It made my job and those of my estimators so much easier. Our time to push out takeoffs have been improved by 87% and counting.
ProsI love the ease of use and how easy it is to teach team members to use the system. Anyone can get up and running in under 2 hrs at a moderate level from zero experience. They have done an excellent job with making the program user friendly.
ConsThere are features that the program lacks and it does not integrate with Autotask (our CRM). Hopefully it will in the near future.
Andrew C.
May 7, 2019

“A Better Way to Estimate”

OverallOverall the experience has been good. We are still in the process of dialing in all our labor costs and work times, but think the system will really shine once we get everything tested and adjusted. It would be nice to be able to estimate using more than one labor rate as well. Many times we will have 3-4 different pay rates for employees on a job and it's not always simple to average. Having those pay rates/labor costs by task might work well in those situations.
ProsEsticom is very straightforward and intuitive. For a structured cabling business like ours, it couldn't be easier to place cable runs, supports, and mark our drops.
ConsThere are a few functions missing that would make it easier for us to use. One is the lack of a linear with drop only at the ends of the run. Instead it adds drops at every turn. Second is not being able to add temporary items on the estimating page. We have many items that we use but do not want in our catalog. Having to return to takeoff mode to add them is time consuming, especially if there are a lot of individual items we need for a project. Lastly, I have had one issue where my drawing rotated under my takeoff. When I tried to rotate the drawing back, I was told I could not because it was being used in a takeoff. Since I was not too deep in the process I just started over. Can't imagine how bummed I'd be if this happened after spending hours or more on a takeoff.
Michael R.
May 10, 2019

“I can finally stop looking.”

OverallAfter searching for estimating software for almost 5 years, installing trial software, talking with tech support, even hiring a programmer to build our own system, the hunt ended with Esticom. Getting the system up and running was a breeze and my company now has a uniform database to build estimates from.
ProsThe ability to simply enter lines of product and adjust all elements across the board: unit costs, markup, labor hours and difficulty factors are the stand out elements! Finding software that accomplishes this simple but tedious (if using Excel) task has changed our company's workflow.
ConsFirst and foremost this software is for estimating purposes. It dabbles in the process of automatically creating a quote to send to customers but lacks the customizability to make it your own. (In contrast to the many variables you can manipulate on the estimating side.) For now my team continues to use Word to provide our scopes of work with our personalized touch.
Erin L.
May 17, 2019

“You get "more" than you pay for”

OverallEsticom has offered us a great option to push out more quotes. It is very cost effective for us. We did not need one of the big box sells that had ongoing costs, we needed something that would allow us to figure out "what" we needed without being locked into something. Not only did Esticom offer that, but I think it did meet our needs, and at this point in time, I am not interested in looking at any other products. I am very happy with Esticom.
ProsThe software is simple. It is a great set-up for a small business. The customer service is very hands on. You get a real person every time and they do a good job of helping explain things. There is not a charge for training. If there is something you are struggling with they seem genuinely concerned on making the software the best it can be for you.
ConsIt would be nice if we could customize some of the costs and if there were a couple more options with the quote set-up when it goes to the customer. It is time consuming for us (we are electrical contractors) to try to find "specific costs" for wire and other things. They have a lot of templates, but a lot of them are based on nationwide pricing.
Frank B.
Construction, 51-200 employees
May 10, 2019

“Esticom Value and Innovation”

OverallWe have worked with several staff members, all our professional. They have taken our ideas and worked hard to accommodate our reporting and functional needs. You will not see that form of out of the box thinking from many other developers.
ProsThe team and I appreciated the ease of use. It has significant power to perform all the required work of the larger more expensive packages, but still gives you the flexibility to make it a custom fit for you.
ConsOnly cloud based at this moment. I hope in future releases they will issue a server based stand alone platform for our secure projects.
Jason M.
Quotations Director
May 10, 2019

“Good bang for the buck”

OverallIt has given us a way to keep everything digital and increase our accuracy on counts.
ProsThe compiling of counts and bill of material creation. Along with scaling and doing linear runs.
ConsThe lack of being able to input deduct alternates.
Mark W.
Sr. Infrastructure Engineer
May 7, 2019

“EstiCom for Telecom Estimating”

OverallEstiCom has been a great add to our business. The catalog feature keeps our quotes consistent, and the efficiencies it brings to the table have allowed us to increase the number of quotes each Estimator can send in a given time frame!
ProsThis software is affordable and cloud-based, so my team can access it from anywhere they have an internet connection. It's user-friendly, comprehensive and professional. The stock catalogs are also very helpful.
ConsWhile the cloud-based software offers many benefits, it can also be a drawback if you need to be able to access your quotes while you're offline (such as in-flight or in a remote area). You're also at the mercy of the development team when you see functions/formats that could use an update, and when the software is updated (since updates are not optional).
Ben S.
Computer Networking, 1-10 employees
May 8, 2019

“Brief review of Esticom ”

OverallI have had nothing but great experiences with the team at Esticom, every call and email have been answered promptly and most of my questions were easy to implement the solution for.
ProsEsticom has saved us a tremendous amount of time in our estimating process. With having auto-count and linear average I can get most plans done in minutes instead of hours now.
ConsIt took a little bit to dial in the percentages and cost for products in our area but now that that is done I only review costs with my vendors when they tell me their is going to be a change.
May 8, 2019
Noel P.
Sr Sales Rep
Computer Networking, 11-50 employees
May 7, 2019

“Esticomm Saves You Time and Improves Accuracy! ”

OverallI use it to prepare my larger quotes for the reasons I mentioned. I am happy with the current performance and look forward to continued improvements.
ProsIt saves me money from not having to print tons of project plans and then storing them. Esticomm saves me time by insuring I get accurate counts and distances the first time! Plus I can work from the office, at the job site or at home, which I prefer not to do, because all my files are on their site.
ConsEsticomm does a good job of constantly upgrading the software and making improvements. There are minor improvements I would make to the functionality of the software but they usually end up doing that automatically.
Justin L.
Sales Engineer
Telecommunications, 201-500 employees
May 13, 2019

“Excellent Software tool for project design and estimation”

OverallEsticom did a great job of working with us to solve a very complex problem of engineers utilizing different platforms to design our systems. This makes our work seamless, shareable, and gives us the ability to create redundancy with our system designs.
ProsIt is very nice to be able to scale a map with ease either utilizing the common scale option or drawing a line as a measurement. Additionally, Esticom's team is fantastic about working directly with you to make the software suitable for your project type. It makes estimation and design easy when you have one centralized platform to work with.
ConsI have no current complaints to speak of.

“Esticom”

OverallI have enjoyed using this estimating program and would recommend it for any Teledata contractor.
ProsThis program is user friendly and cost effective. Your customer data base can be uploaded into the system. Your existing parts data base can also be upload into the system. The engineers at Esticom are responsive and timely in considering your input and incorporating changes to the program.
ConsYour can not search by quote number or customer name on a quote
John H.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
September 6, 2018

“Esticom Software pone of the best”

OverallI am a low voltage estimator and have several customers. It is flexible enough for me to have all the various assemblies, rates, parts and reports that I can export out to my customers. In my opinion it is one of the easiest and most flexible low voltage software products on the market today.
ProsThe ease of use mainly. After a few quick tutorials I was able to start doing my take-offs on screen. I created assemblies that made the job much faster and accurate.
ConsI have to go to the Estimating page to create or add parts and assemblies. It would be nice if I could enter them from the take-off page. Minor change but would help out with the speed of take-offs.
September 6, 2018
Brian W.
Systems Consultant
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees
May 7, 2019

“Definitely makes my job easier”

OverallGreat, 9/10 would recommend. Executive was very responsive and the price is super reasonable.
ProsBeing able to quickly and fairly accurately count, label, measure and itemize a project without having to print the plans, wait on the plotter or waste the paper. GUI is intuitive, streamlined and quick to use.
ConsMy only wish is to be able to save a template and apply it after I've started a project. I haven't gotten around to asking if that's an option but so far as I can tell, you have to copy a previous job or template and apply it before you create the project or upload plans.
Freddy T.
Sr Project Manger / Sales Engineer

“year two”

OverallIt's better than any other software I've tried or just using a pencil
ProsEase of use and the importing tool for inventory items, and drawings.
Consno option to feed updated pricing from vendor, or having to check pricing after quote has been completed.
Dean M.
May 7, 2019

“Personal review of Esticom”

OverallMy experience has been very positive. The speed and accuracy of the program is impressive.
ProsI like the fact that it has on screen takeoff and auto count. It is easy to creat the assemblies that I use most. It has a very complete parts list.
ConsYou can't delete a single item after an auto count. When using the estimating section, the excel sheet will only show so many digits. Often this isn't enough for wire.
Paul D.

“Esticom Review”

OverallVery good
ProsEase of use-the software is very user friendly
ConsI would like to be able to add shipping as extra at the bottom similar to sales tax-we order a lot of fixtures that require shipping and customer likes t see it broken out
Nicholaus N.
Solutions Architect

“Project Help”

OverallWe were marking up plans with a pen and a highlighter prior to getting esticom so this made that process much easier
ProsEsticom has made quoting jobs much easier. The tool loads quickly and if you take the time to setup your assemblies it makes quoting jobs very easy.
ConsThe scale can be thrown off if the plans were printed via PDF
Wireless, 201-500 employees
May 13, 2019

“Awesome Product for Predictive DAS Designs”

OverallGreat and easy-to-use software, which allows my Sales Engineers to more-easily get their perspective projects done much quicker than before. Takes the guesswork out of the equation and definitely helps our customers understand precise needs for their installations. We enjoy working with the staff at Esticom and appreciate the support they lend to us, also.
ProsIt's very similar to other DAS design software programs I've used, where it scales and measures a link budget as a design is being worked on. Very simple to use and makes going from Microsoft Visio a very easy decision.
ConsIt would be great if our products were incorporated into the software, similar to .vex files in iBwave, so that a proper Bill Of Materials could then be created based on the design. Otherwise, a great product.
David L.
Vice President
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

“Esticom Cloud Estimating”

OverallI have NO regrets! Their development team is very responsive and open to input. They are constantly making improvements.
ProsI love that it is in the cloud and accessible from anywhere. It also integrates with Zapier!
ConsIs lacking some customization options. I wish I could change logo sizes or layout of the bid.
Joe N.
Vice President
Security and Investigations, 11-50 employees
May 11, 2019

“Very good. But could grow into better”

OverallResponsive tech support. Easy setup
ProsTakeoff is fairly easy. Accurate. A time saver.
Cons Has some cumbersome aspects. Grouping could be easier. The estimates are fine. But a better interface for cost/profit and The ability to export cost reports and part numbers would be fantastic.
Dawson P.

“Great product!”

OverallIt's been absolutely fantastic and I've really had no big issues with it.
ProsIts super simple and makes life a whole lot easier to bid these big jobs!
ConsI couldn't really find much that's to horrible about the product... Had many products already and some stuff just needed to be added which was super simple!

“Makes it so simple”

OverallSaves us a tremendous amount of time doing takeoffs. It also allowed us to finally move towards a built in labor rate for materials. So everything is calculated as we go. So nice!
ProsThis was our first go at doing digital takeoffs and man, it really could not of been more simple. The workflow flows in line with our old paper ways of doing things so it was a natural transition. We can also blaze through a takeoff!
ConsGoing digital and learning a new software was scary. But the team and support was there along the way. They never let us down and make sure we were using the software efficiently.
Ron W.
Account Specialist
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

“Best first impression”

OverallOverall, I decided to go with Esticom over other products simply because it is tailored toward our specialty. The auto-count feature needs some work, but I can at least use it for clicking off the counts, and getting my cabling distances. I will have to figure out the rest, but so far it has been helpful.
ProsIt is user friendly. You don't have to spend a lot of time training to be able to jump right into a take-off.
ConsBeyond doing take-offs, it appears there would be a substantial amount of customization. If my company were to try and use this tool for estimating, it would require a LOT of data entry.
Chris C.
Service Engineer
May 15, 2019

“Great Telecom Estimating Software”

OverallEsticom has been great, there is some room for improvement and i would love to help collaborate with them. Having been in the telecom industry for over 20 years, and helped other companies create their own software i would be able to offer valuable insight.
ProsI like that I can have a material database and organize them in a useful way.
ConsI do not like the fact that i cannot manually input man hours towards scopes of work, and that there are not customizable admin fields (travel charges, project management hours fields, shipping ect) where i can capture typical back end admin costs. It only allows percentages.
May 15, 2019
August 22, 2018

“Best low voltage software out there!”

OverallI'm actually suprised that we've found a estimating software that does EVERYTHING that we need it to do.
ProsIt's easy to use. We have gone from two to three days of putting together a bid to 2 to 3 hours. It's simple, clean interface, and the support is great. We've tested out 5 different softwares and this is #1 by far. Oh and it's web based so feel free to access it from anywhere.
Consso far so good. No complaints. You can tell that this was developed by a low voltage company.
August 22, 2018
Anthony R.
Security and Investigations, 1-10 employees

“Thank you”

OverallMy overall experience with Esticom has grown since I first used it and it has increase the amount of proposals/bids I can send out in one day.
ProsI like most about the software, that i was catered to my specialties which is fire alarm and security. In addition to making edits on the drawings and downloading a PDF document with the changes.
ConsThe least favorable thing i feel on the software is not being able to delete all drawings at one time instead of one at a time.
Andrew C.
Application Engineer
Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

“Review of Esticom”

OverallThe Esticom cloud-based software has been a great addition to my team! Personally, it has made me more efficient when providing passive DAS proposals for my customers.
ProsI have enjoyed how this software is so versatile. Also, this software has been extremely straightforward, scales floor plans, and has all of the icons that are needed for my job.
ConsThe only complaint that I have had so far, is regarding not being able to duplicate (copy and paste) items to another page.
May 11, 2019

“Fast layouts, must have strong internet connection”

OverallI use it daily. I also keep a safety net of my old quote system for pricing while I'm still learning the system.
ProsEsticom allows for faster layouts. You can skip most of your blue print printing process for quotes which saves a lot on paper and ink. Nice tracking system
ConsVery hard to use over wifi. You must have a strong internet connection. I would like this better IF I were uploading design CAD drawing instead of PDFs
Steve T.
Owner/President

“US to Canadian ”

OverallWith Esticom we are able to do an estimate in a fraction of the time. We are still working through some of the issues with pricing and description from US to Canadian but overall very productive.
ProsSome of the options are not easily converted from the US to Canadian. Measurements. Material costs, tax etc.
ConsWe have to be careful before we send an estimate out to insure all the calculations are correct. Measurements are in metric. Pricing etc.
Luis G.
May 7, 2019

“Best take off software I've used”

OverallI used to do take off by hand on the wall of my office. Enough said!
ProsGroups, being able to change specs of wire for instance, also add things in the estimating part of the software.
Consnone. they keep making upgrades. Keep it coming.
Anthony R.
Telecommunications, Self-employed

“Great Job”

OverallI am able to send out quotes with one process. Eliminating hours I use to take preparing my bids.
ProsThe software is easy to use and has a whole stock list of the product we sell in the fire alarm and security industry.
ConsThe only thing I found least about the software, can the tool be able to float of the screen to allow all the items on the page to be seen.
Steven C.
Director of Business Development

“Great estimating software”

OverallMy overall experience is great. All the functions work seamlessly
ProsThis software is awesome. It was easy to learn and easy to use. It offers all the features I need and keeps on adding tools that I want. I would recommend it to any Electrical estimator
ConsThe only functions missing that I would like to have is a highlighter and the ability to take a snapshot.
Feliciano P.
Sales Engineer

“Esticom is AWESOME!”

OverallAbsolutely great, I would highly recommend this software to all Estimators and Sales reps.
ProsI honestly like everything about the software, especially the customer support I received from rep. It is a power program that makes estimating very easy, which gives me spare time to find new projects and study new technologies!
ConsThe only thing I do not like is when changes are made to the software and its a bit of a surprise. I would like an email in advance explaining the changes. It would also be nice to be able to export the quotes in various formats.
Dean M.
owner Best Electrical Estimates

“Esticom”

OverallI enjoy the program. I am finding it helpful and easy to use.
ProsI like the amount of parts and assemblies. I also like the way the estimate is presented at the end. There is a learning curve but it is pretty easy once you are used to it. I do like not going to get prints.
ConsNo problems. Some parts are not what I call them, but names vary.
Byron G.
Owner/Manager
June 24, 2019

“A great Product with continued Enhancements”

OverallA quicker estimating return time to get to client and a smoother estimating process than doing it by hand.
ProsEase of use. The navigation is simple, but effective!
ConsLacking a bit on the materials, but getting better with updates!
June 24, 2019
May 10, 2019

“Esticom - Cabling Quote Software”

OverallThe quoting time is cut in half. Less computer time and more Customer time.
ProsThe ease of the calculating the quantities for materials and labor.
ConsInput of all our materials and adding each designated labor amount. Getting used to the format of Additional Notes section - with copying and paste from other quotes.
Jeff H.
Project manager

“User friendly software”

OverallI have enjoyed using this soft ware, it's quick and easy for me, I use it everyday.
ProsUser friendly, I like how you can upload drawings too.
ConsSometimes I don't have drawings, and then I skip to estimating, but then I have to create my assembly's or parts, instead of picking them.
roger b.
electrical supervisor

“Esticom”

OverallThe support is a bit substandard, today you would expect that you would have a link direct to support team. that said my issues were resolved
ProsEasy to use software was able to learn the basics with little instructions
Consdon't like that you cant edit parts from the assembly screen
Mike H.
Supervising Electrician

“Estimating software”

ProsEase of use. I like the auto-count feature. Its great to be able to upload a ton of blueprints for different jobs and do the take-off
ConsThe parts list could use some revising. I know its an ongoing feature though.
Jesse G.
March 16, 2017

“Game Changer!”

OverallI have been estimating for many years and with different companies and methods. This software drastically reduces my time spent doing take offs, and has also has increased our accuracy! I would highly recommend this to any business needing an estimating solution.
Prostime savings, ease of use
Consnone so far!
Recommendations to other buyersIt took me a short while to get used to how easy it was and trust it. partially because I have been estimating so long with old antiquated software and methods. Now when I have an emergency customer coming to me needing pricing right away, I don't even flinch!
March 16, 2017
Gilles P.
project manager

OverallSaving time on estimating
ProsGlobally easy to use. Only the part of the catalog is a little more complicated
ConsCatalog part prices are little off. Too many outdated items and not enough recent ones.
Haresh P.
Project Engineer
Computer Networking, 11-50 employees

“Good software to use”

OverallOverall its good to have it
ProsEasy to Navigate and use inbuilt parts and accesories
ConsNeed to be more user friendly by taking inputs from users
August 25, 2018

“Super friendly estimating software”

ProsEasy to use, intuitive and easy to navigate
ConsIt would be nice, if it can auto pull pricing from suppliers
August 25, 2018
Ronak V.

“Owner”

ProsCloud based and ease of use while having all feature
Consmissing features . Esticom is good about adding upon suggestion
Erin L.
May 14, 2018

“Our Customer Support person has returned every call and email promptly. He is great!”

ProsIt is very user friendly It makes proficient estimates The value for money is 100% It is easy to change and update your information
ConsI wish there was one more "spot" to put costs. You can break out labor and material, but if we need to estimate drawings, permits or something "office related" we have to put it in labor OR material. It is sometimes difficult to explain when a customer sees the bid. It would be nice to have one more category
May 14, 2018
Ian M.
General Manager

“Review- Esticom”

Overallbeing the estimator as well as business development i can submit bids and adjust quotes on the go.
ProsI like the mobility of online, it helps when you are on the go and need to send out a quote.
ConsNot a lot of pre built assemblies for the trade i am in.
Derek L.
Production Business Associate
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1001-5000 employees
September 5, 2019

“Less time to get more done”

OverallOverall we really enjoy the cloud integration and plan on working with Esticom.
ProsThe first thing that pops to my mind that really brought us to Esticom is the cloud support. Super easy to share reports and actions with the team.
ConsCreating the templates for our team did cause a bit of confusion. We eventually figured it out after referring to their website.
September 5, 2019
jimmy h.
estimator

“Great estimating program”

OverallI have used several estimating programs and this is one of the best I've used. Easy to learn and it has lots of features. I would recommend to anyone wanting a quality estimating program.
ProsVery affordable, easy to use, lot of installed items and assemblies, easy to edit, take off is simple to use
ConsImporting your own prices and labor values is a little slow.
Jake W.

“Esticom evaluation”

OverallVery friendly and helpful.
ProsI really enjoyed the easy to use capability.
ConsI found it somewhat hard to integrate our vendors pricing list into this software.
Heather B.
Sales System Enginner
Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees
May 14, 2019

“Good Choice for Fire Protection estimates”

OverallThank this program we can do our estimamtes for materials in differents biddings and we just use an any computer or laptop. Now we do not print all plans that we receveid and is a save in paper and money.
Pros1- Easy to handle 2- Support from Esticom is very accurate 3- Useful for estimators
Cons1- Add more tools for measurament (area)