Rentler Landlord Software Ratings

Overall

About Rentler Landlord Software

Our software is an online solution to help you automate the management of your rental properties. You can list and advertise your vacancies, collect applications online, screen tenants, collect online rent payments, and submit and track maintenance requests. For an additional fee, you can also access a library of legal forms. It's free to sign up and see how Rentler can help you. Learn more about Rentler Landlord Software

David L.
August 1, 2019

“Rentler Deposit's Fund Into My Bank Account The Quickest (as fast or maybe a day later than Venmo)”

ProsThe speed at which rent would be deposited into my bank account after the resident paid. I looked into Cozy which I also really liked (modern look to the ease of use) and it was completely free for rent payments BUT rent took FOREVER to be deposited. It averaged 5 business days which if you added a weekend it was nearly 8-10 days with holidays. If residents paid the latest possible on the 5th and it wasn't deposited until the 12th, that means I would have already had to pay all my mortgages on the 10th which I can float those couple days but I would rather not float 6 mortgage payments if I don't have too. I decided with Rentler becuase they said 2-3 business days and it's actually almost always been 2 business days and I think I've even seen less 48 hours. I used to have to payd 1.95 per transaction but they have since changed it to be free and the speed of deposits hasn't changed. Before facebook marketplace all of my rental leads were coming from Rentler anyway so it was easy to use just one platform for listing, taking applications, doing credit reports & background checks, collecting rent, taking maintenance requests. I manage 13 units of my own and I have every single resident payd using Rentler. And I love it. I also have all applications, credit & background checks submitted through Rentler. And majority of the maintenance requests are also submitted through rentler. It's a no-brainer if you are self-managing your own rentals.
ConsIt does accept partial payments (but every free software I looked at did). I can't customize the application. For example there are some question I would rather not have on the application that I can't get rid of such as "Do you have legal right to be in the US?" and "Have you or someone in your family member served in the military?" Those questions do not impact my screening criteria. I wish there was a document saving/sharing feature. When I set up a new lease it would be awesome if I could attach of digital copy of the signed rental contract that the resident can also ask.
August 1, 2019
Tawni W.
Marketing Director
November 6, 2018

“Great Tool for Advertising Locally”

OverallRentler does bring us qualified traffic. Different seasons and different locations it will change on how they perform but I can always count our rep to help me come up with a solution to improve our traffic or ad dialogue when there is a dip in traffic numbers or our occupancy. I truly think of Rentler as a marketing partner.
ProsIt's an easy platform to utilize, they are updating and improving their systems all the time. Open to suggestions. Always available to answer any questions, you get a real live person who is attentive to your specific needs. I also like that they are flexible with their packaging, you can edit and change out your text and photos on as needed basis by yourself.
ConsIt's more of a classified ad than an internet listing, which isn't necessarily a negative but at the same time I would like my ad to be more interactive with the end user these days then just a photo scroll even though they have capability to host a video it would be great if their listings were a bit more tech savvy and floor plans could be 3D or interactive and I would like to see a better a tool for area listings, featured ads and specific drill down items requested by the end user to stick out better.
November 6, 2018
Gary E.
Landlord
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
October 29, 2018

“The service every Landlord needs to be successful ”

OverallMy overall experience has been very positive. Honestly, I don't know how I would run my rental properties without Rentler. The main features I utilize are listings and payment processing. Rentler's process keeps things simple, safe and black-and-white for both the landlord and the renter. Everyone has access to the data they need to keep renting a snap. Additionally, what has impressed me most about Rentler is their high level of customer support. Not only have they been willing to actually talk with me over the phone (Elsewhere, how many of us love being restricted to emails or IM) but there has been a couple occasions where they have stayed late, after hours, to ensure my needs were met.
ProsThe easiest answer is that they have thought of everything to make my job easier as a landlord. The software is intuitive, helpful and innovative. I appreciate that the Rentler team seeks to constantly improve their service and systems with consistent product enhancements. Plus, backing everything up is their supportive and responsive customer service team. They have coached me several times for things I have inquired about, plus topics/features that I might benefit from. I love it when they add something like, "you may want to leverage this new feature" or "have your tried that feature..."
ConsInitially I found setting up some of the payment details to be a little confusing but I would blame that more on user inexperience. The staff walked me through a couple setups until I got the hang of it.
Kapil S.
November 2, 2018

“A Must for Landlords & Renters a like! 5STAR!”

OverallAs a Landlord of over 100 Homes & Apts. My experience has been a five-star experience with every aspect of Rentler! Creative and practical website *easy to use *excellent customer support has made my life so much easier! Rentler has made my day to day business easier & has definitely increased my productivity tremendously! Can't even think of doing business without Rentler. It's FANTASTIC for both the Landlord & the Tenants! Great features too if you wanna use them!
Pros This offer is very user-friendly and brilliantly perceptive !
ConsI really don't have anything that I dislike about it.
Eric M.
Executive Vice President
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
October 29, 2018

“Perfect for a non professional landlord”

OverallDoing credit and background checks has solved a lot of problems with poor renters. I also use the ACH feature to collect rent and make that a requirement for my tenants. I hated hassling people to pay their rent. I also like the fact that Rentler tells me when a lease is coming up for renewal. I can then re-list or hit up the tenants automatically to see what their plan is. Rentler stores all of my photos and information so that I don't have to re-input everything. And of course, you can't beat the price for all of the great features and functionality.
ProsI only have two properties that I own and rent. I was tired of paying high property management fees and needed something to manage my properties. Rentler is very easy to use and intuitive for someone that isn't a full time landlord. I set up both my properties in minutes and then use their tools for everything from listing to collecting rent.
ConsI would like to see an app for my phone.
David E.
October 26, 2018

“Fabulous Landlord and Tenant Platform!”

OverallI have love the ability to track all my rental payments and list my properties for rent quickly. The ability to accept applications and run background checks has been phenomenal!
ProsI love how intuitive the website is. The ability to receive maintenance requests via the software has given me peace of mind.
ConsThe ability to get the payment history for each individual tenant per property/room.
Morgan B.
Commercial Real Estate, 11-50 employees
June 19, 2019

“Streamline Your Rental Process”

ProsEasy to learn how to use the software, long trainings not required. There is not a more simple way to post rental listings available on the internet. The outreach to the public is perfect for the rental market. With Rentler you can easily set up showings and screen applicants.
ConsIt is time consuming to list multiple properties at a single time. Beginning users of this software will need to adjust to the layout of how the rental listing should be posted.
June 19, 2019
Aaron P.
Financial Advisor
Financial Services, 1-10 employees

“Fantastic”

OverallIt has been great. It has made being a part-time land lord easy for me.
Prosit is an all in one property management software. It allows me to manage my renters find renters and do payments all in one. Makes my life easy.
ConsIt was hard for me to figure out how the different parts such as lease, listings, applications all work together.
Shereen C.

“Majestic Management Owner”

OverallCustomer Service is very helpful. I had to learn 3 new computer programs at the same time.....one of them was Rentler and customer service was very patient with me.
ProsI like that I can load leases and it lets me know when they are coming up to expiring. I like that tenants can pay online and it shows up in my email when they have paid I like the fact that customer service listens to my ideas to make the program better and then they have the techs look at my ideas.
ConsI did not like when tenants sent over a maintenance request that it did not show their apartment number....I told customer service this and they fixed it so it now does....
Nikki M.
October 31, 2018

“Rentler Review as a Landlord”

OverallThe ad's are easy to post and when rented to shut down. I don't have to rebuild my ad's each time I want to post them. They work with you if there are any issues with an ad or creating a new property, etc.... GREAT COMPANY!!!!!!!!! and GREAT PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!
ProsRentler is VERY easy to use. If I have any concerns at all, I can always chat with a customer service representative. They respond very quickly and help me feel comfortable it getting resolution to any and all concerns, even in the evenings. I appreciate their willingness to work with landlords so closely.
ConsThere is nothing negative for me as a landlord.
October 31, 2018
Erik W.
Business Manager
October 26, 2018

“Easy to use and great customer care”

OverallIt's been a very helpful tool. My rep and they have been amazing to work with. If everyone on your team is like them then you're going to do amazing.
ProsIt's easy to navigate and update on a needed basis
ConsI wish they had more templates so that you could save separate floorplans, and then you'd just have to click on the floorplan you want to advertise and it'd fill out the rest of the fields. Or same with the community info.
Shae D.
Real Estate, 501-1000 employees

“I love it!”

ProsIt is a great marketing resource to my industry. It is very user friendly and the customer service is prompt and awesome!
ConsI can no longer search by property name under the Filter function-
Jed S.
Director of Sales
October 29, 2018

“Rentler customer 5 years and running......”

OverallOver experience has been great. I started as a fresh faced landlord not really knowing the ins and outs of screening tenants properly, or advertising/marketing my property. I have now been a landlord for 5 years and have had minimal issues with the tenants thank to the vetting process Rentler does for me.
ProsI like it because of the contract help. It has all the verbage and things I need to protect myself legally- Also, love the background and credit check that Rentler runs. It has saved me twice from renting from someone who swore up and down that they were "great tenants" and upon review of the report, said that they had been evicted not less than a year ago. Anytime I have a problem, (hardly happens) their customer service team is there to assist me.
ConsThe only complaint I've had is with the payment process. It holds my money from the tenants longer than I would like, but it's just my personal preference to get my money sooner.
Kailey Y.
October 29, 2018

“Couldn't live without Rentler ”

OverallOnline advertising is great thru Rentler, the software works great for both the consumer and landlord.
ProsUser friendly, great resource for the Utah Landlord!
ConsNo complaints, Rentler is a great product! :)
Spencer T.
Director Of Operations

“Great Management Tool”

OverallAwesome team with a great product. I've worked with the sales, customer support and development teams and they are all great!
ProsI love the easy to use resident applications, payments and screening. They also have a great support team which has helped me with a few resident related issues over the last few years. I also like the payment history function for tracking history with each of my tenants payments.
ConsIt would be nice to have a resident ledger, everything that they offer currently is great so this would just be a new tool to add to their offering.
Amber L.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

“Great Company”

OverallI like using Rentler, its user friendly and our rep is great to work with.
ProsIts easy to use, super user friendly, texting option is great
ConsThere really isn't anything that we don't like about the software.
Jordan B.
Director, Strategic Alliances
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
October 29, 2018

“A Perfect Fit For Small Landlords”

Overall"With Rentler Landlord I am able to be hands-off and let the payments come in each month with little to no interaction. That is the greatest benefit of the system. When it does come time to turn over a vacant unit, everything I need to do from beginning to end is provided by Rentler and in short order that unit is filled again. Support is quick and responsive and any issues or questions are taken care of immediately. It is the small landlord's toolkit for success and has everything I need in one simple-to-use system. "
Pros-Intuitive and easy to use -Simple setup and listing process -Integrated with KSL -Easily track applicants online -Makes collecting rental payments easy and hassle-free
Cons-They should be integrated with more internet listing services for greater exposure to potential residents -***Need integrated lease forms*** -Add ability to track and manage maintenance requests
Gregory H.
October 29, 2018

“ Our experience with Rentler”

OverallRentler has met out advertising needs and accounts receivable needs. We love their business model and system. I have personally met their staff and company President. They have given personal customization to meet our unique needs. Overall I give them five stars.
ProsThe customer support has been amazing. We use this system for advertising and also to collect rent through this system. Whenever we call for support they are there to help. Also, locally they use the KSL advertising system. We have received a good response in placing ads. Also, as we set up the payment system, we have had no issues, and our tenants love the system. I like the format of the software where you can customize each advertisement
ConsWe tend to get more local advertising traffic from this sight than national, but local traffic has met our needs.
Travis B.
Vice President of Operations
October 29, 2018

“Rentler Landlord is great for the small landlords of the world”

OverallI own a rental in South Jordan and screened my applicants through it. It was quick and painless. The renters were able to get through it easily and even though they don't use it to pay rent, they have the ability which is awesome.
ProsAmazingly works well for both small landlords. Fairly easy to work with, even with all the updates constantly improving!
ConsLove the value, nothing to unlike about it.
Jeff S.
October 29, 2018

“Great Service and Easy to Use”

OverallGreat customer service. I know I can count on them if I need something. Very fast response time.
ProsEasy to use. I like how it keeps my property information and pictures so next time it's vacant I don't have to upload everything again.
ConsWhen I copy/paste a description of a property I loose my formatting but it only takes a couple minutes to fix it.
Commercial Real Estate, 11-50 employees
November 28, 2018

“Great Software”

OverallOverall we're really pleased.
ProsEase of use. I can change vital parts of listings in seconds. The picture selection and re-order tool is easier to use than most ILS's too.
ConsI don't much like having to pick feature days. I wish it were automated, or I wish there was one screen for all listings.
November 28, 2018
Maria M.
Realtor/Property Manager

“Rentler has it all...”

OverallRentler has it all. I wish all the tools provided in our Industry were this effective!
ProsEverything! They listen to their subscribers, and give us what we need! Customer Service is amazing.
ConsAbsolutely nothing! This tool is simple to use, and the comprehensive data provided has proven to help me be effective at doing my job!
Brittnie H.

“I Enjoy It! ”

ProsThe software is very user friendly and makes updating ads super easy. Our rep, is absolutely wonderful and always extremely helpful and responsive with questions.
ConsThere isn't much I have found that I dislike about the software.
Doug L.
November 7, 2018

“Rentler is a big help”

OverallI like that rentler does a credit check for tenants who apply. It is very convenient to have rentler pull monthly Rental income from the tenants account. Rentler also charges a late fee automatically if the tenant is late. It doesn't make me look like the bag guy.
ProsI can easily do my accounting and balance my income statements with quick books. I like that there is a picture of each property that we have listed on rentler. I like that it is affordable.
ConsSometimes tenantts have said that it is hard to navigate through when they put in their application
November 7, 2018
Toni N.
Mgr
October 26, 2018

“Best advertising avenue we use!”

ProsWe get most of our tenant leads from this site
ConsSometimes it's hard to find my ads when I go to my landlord page. It mixes the ads in with all of my properties.
Jean S.
Asset Manager

“Exceptional”

ProsIts easy to make adjustments on property specifics for customers to use with ease.
ConsI havent had issues for the features we use.
Shaun J. H.
Quality Specialist I
Medical Devices, 1001-5000 employees

“Rentler Is Awesome! ”

ProsI have been using Rentler to pay my rent for a couple years now. I set up an auto-payment and never have to think about paying my rent, they do it for me! I also signed up to have my payments reported to Experian and that has really boosted my credit score. I would highly recommend Rentler to anyone looking for a simple way to pay their rent online and build their credit!
ConsThe service fee. Also there's not an app that has been created yet.
Stacie W.
Senior Business Manager

“Great service”

ProsEasy to navigate. Great reporting options available to the customer.
ConsDoesn't tie to our lead management system.
Jon W.
Partner
November 20, 2018

“Made our renting needs SO much easier!”

ProsSo much easier with them making our listings, helping with legal forms, etc. and MUCH more affordable than other platforms we have used.
ConsHardest part is for us to be able to find competing properties in our area, to help with rent pricing.
November 20, 2018
Trent H.
Graphic Design, Self-employed
October 28, 2018

“Rentler allows landlords to leave their troubles at the door”

OverallVery good experience. I was unsure of exactly how to manage two rental properties on my own and Rentler has made the process and experience very easy and straightforward.
ProsI appreciate how streamlined and easy the software makes setting up and listing a new property. Straight forward and intuitive. I especially like the ability to do background checks and verify credit of potential tenants.
ConsI find the fees and cost setups to be a bit hard to understand. I would prefer that Rentler take the credit card service fee out of my account as a second transaction rather than from the bottom line of the actual rent received.
October 28, 2018
Heidi L.

“Rentler REview”

ProsThis software is super easy to use and update.
ConsNot currently using the full software.
Miguel R.
Property Owner
October 30, 2018

“Best online platform for landlords”

OverallOnline background checks, applications and payments simplifies some of the more labor intensive tasks in managing properties. Rentler allows more time for actively managing properties.
ProsEase of use and customer support. Great value.
ConsSix years ago the platform had less functionality. However, those issues have been resolved and the platform keeps improving.
Richard W.

“Pleased”

OverallExcellent, I am always able to get help and Rentler has been very successful in teaching us how to optimize this software and service.
ProsIt has made our rent collections must more efficient.
ConsSometimes live chat is unavailable, I need to email or call in and leave a message. Live chat is more effective.
Austyn W.
Finance Assistant
Automotive, 51-200 employees
November 13, 2018

“Renting Made Easy for New Landlord”

OverallCouldn't be more easy and happier with the experience. I've already recommended it to others.
ProsI was very stressed on where to even start on how to market my basement as well as how I was going to do the screening. A friend recommended I use Rentler through KSL (Utah based). It made life so much easier and I received lots of interest in just the first week. Biggest stress reducer was that they took applications and screenings for us and we moved the fee to the applicant. We now have a renter and am going to use this product again and again.
ConsIt'd be nice if we could upload videos of the rental instead of just pictures to give a virtual kind of tour.

By Rentler on November 15, 2018
Hi Austyn, Thanks for your feedback! We love hearing about how easy the rental process has been for you. We recently added the ability to include a video in your listing, so next time you have a vacancy go into the listing and click 'Edit photos and videos' to add a YouTube link that will be embedded in your listing. Let us know if you have any other questions!
November 13, 2018
Preston L.
October 30, 2018

“Amazing Platform for anyone with rentals!”

ProsGreat platform, easy to use. They do all the heavily lifts from finding renters, collecting rent checks, to background checks! The team at Rentler is soo nice and helpful.!!
ConsNothing, it's great! They are constantly improving. Customer derives is excellent
Cody M.
Assistant Manager
October 27, 2018

“Functionality”

ProsI enjoy most of the features that the program offers, but I just wish that I could find a program to streamline all of my necessities.
ConsI wish it could streamline my entire process of work along with giving me up to date statistics.
October 27, 2018
Nicole H.
Assistant Manager
Real Estate, 501-1000 employees

“My rentler review”

ProsI was able to use it daily and upload photos and change the format for more new views.
ConsI wasnt able to update the listing on my side
curtis c.

“Great to work with”

OverallIncreasing occupancy.
ProsVery user friendly. Easy to navigate through and to update.
ConsNeeding to duplicate certain efforts with regard to promoting ads.
Shea F.
Plumber
Facilities Services, 11-50 employees
October 30, 2018

“Would 100% Recommend Rentler!”

OverallLove the website and look forward to this company growing and adding new features!
ProsI've been using Rentler to receive my rent payments for a few months now. The deposits are made within two business days which is a lot quicker than other systems! I don't have to worry about reminding my tenant to make their payments on time as Rentler sends automatic reminder emails. I also have my late fee automatically apply if the rent isn't paid after the 5th of the month so Rentler does all the heavy lifting for me!
ConsThe only con would be the transaction fee although Rentler reports all positive payments to Experian so my tenant has no problem paying the fee to build their credit every month.
Deanna B.
April 11, 2018

“Great tool for a first time landlord like me!”

OverallEasy rent collections! Worry free landlord duties!
ProsThis software made it super easy for me to know what to do before I rented my condo. Everything you need is all here: background checks, rent collection, leases. Wow!
ConsI wish it would also post my rental to sites like Zillow and Realtor.com automatically. Like a one stop shop for advertising and everything.
April 11, 2018
Alexa G.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
December 8, 2018

“Great Tool”

ProsRentler is super easy to use and keep track of. It's nice to be able to leave notes.
ConsI don't have any dislikes when it comes to Rentler.
December 8, 2018