Screenster Ratings

Overall

About Screenster

Screenster is able to: 1. Create a visual baseline: it opens target URL in a selected browser, captures each user input and takes a screenshot; 2. Detect minor UI changes: during a playback, a new screenshot is captured at each step and is compared to an initial screenshot; all differences are marked with red; 3. Make test maintenance easy: you can modify actions in each step, delete and add new steps, override tests with new parameters, ignore selected CSS elements from comparison etc. Learn more about Screenster

Roman S.
QA
March 1, 2017

“My Feedback about this testing tool”

OverallI start using Screenster for regression testing of my web ui. As a result it saved me a lot of time, so I did not need to spend hours by manually clicking on buttons. The other thing I like about it is that the maintenance of your tests is very easy and quite user-friendly. There is a visual baseline, so you can update it any time by clicking on one button. I recommend this tool for ui testing and regression testing. I would say it is a great alternative to Slenium!
ProsWhat I like about Screenster: - it is fast; - it has visual baseline - easy maintenance of the tests - can be run on server and on cloud - there is free trial version, so you can see how it works - great support team - super useful tool for pixel-perfect projects
ConsNo IE support as for now, but it should be implemented soon.
Recommendations to other buyersFeel free to contact Screenster team for support ;)
March 1, 2017
Luba A.
March 9, 2017

“Screenster saves a day!)”

OverallI'm Project Manager and I use Screenster for checking our ui updates, so all I need to do is just to run my tests with Screenster and review the detected changes. It actually saves a lot of my time, since I do not need to check all the changes manually.
ProsI do not need to waste time on manual testing. I can quickly check all the updates and make sure that nothing was broken;-) It was easy for me to get how to use it and one of the pros is smart maintenance of your tests, so they are always up to date.
ConsNothing that could stop me using it;-)
Recommendations to other buyersIt is a great tool for regression testing and one of it's biggest advantage for me is that I do not need to code my tests or learn how to automate it with Slenium. Screenster is easy in use.
March 9, 2017
Laron H.
QA Analyst
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
February 20, 2018

“Great for running regression tests”

OverallAutomation of regression tests
ProsScreenster is a great record and playback automated test tool which is great for recording regression test cases. It is simple enough to learn and allows the test to be run across various web browsers. One of the features of Screenster I like is the Visual Baselines and Automatic Content Verification feature.
ConsNice and easy to use tool for automating regression test, however, a limitation that us true for all record and playback tools, is the challenge when dealing with dynamic/changing content.
February 20, 2018
Nikita S.
QA
June 6, 2017

“i enjoy every single minute working with Screenster”

OverallThere is always a room for improvement, so I am really curious about what new killer features will be added in this amazing software.
ProsFirstly, this software helps me to avoid manual testing and do my day to day tests 10x faster on the cloud. Secondly, it is super easy to use for me, because I can do UI testing without codding it.
June 6, 2017
Nadine H.
QA Manager
January 8, 2019

“Screenster review from QA Manager at IMQS software ”

OverallAs a company we are very impressed with the Customer support and speedy replies from Screenster. They are willing to look at our requirements for using this tool and accommodate our business needs. Screenster also agreed to build reporting functionality which will be a very powerful tool for me to use as a QA manager in order to report back on test run results to the rest of the business.
ProsThis is easy for all QA's to use. User friendly, straight forward. Great for regression.
ConsIt can be a bit slow if you have a large Project or test suite but I am sure that Screenster will help us resolve this as their Customer support is great.
January 8, 2019
Jenny M.
Freelance Content Writer
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
December 30, 2018

“Automatic testing made easy”

OverallScreenster helped us go beyond manual testing for UI changes without a big learning curve.
ProsScreenster saves you the pain of coding your tests or learning how to automate a new tool. It's easy to use and is great for regression testing. It integrates with JIRA and has a CI plugin, plus it can be run on a server or in the cloud. The best part is all you have to do is run it and then review the detected changes which saves a lot of time and keeps our UI's on point. There's a free trial you can get your hands on too.
ConsNot much to say here except if you have dynamic content then this sort of automated tool may not be the best fit.
December 30, 2018
Sujith K.
Sr. TQM
November 25, 2018

“A tool that leads your qa team above and beyond”

ProsInitially i was a bit hesitant to switch from conventional manual or used to automation tesitng that we have. But if you wana improve your ui and ux , then screenster would help you overcome it. It might be hard initially but its worth a try
ConsIts hardly noticeable on the web and tough to convince your management to switch when you have other big and open source automation tools
November 25, 2018
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
March 27, 2019

“It's the tool for UI automation”

ProsAutomatic content verification is the main reason to choose Screenster for UI automation. It's easy to use.
ConsI think they are still working on improvements like Internet Explorer compatibility.
March 27, 2019