Rollbar Ratings

Overall

About Rollbar

Don't outsource bug discovery to users. Rollbar allows you to instantly see & get notified of all errors as they occur, and gives you the data you need to resolve them quickly. Supports all major languages and frameworks, and integrates with the tools in your software development workflow. Modern software teams at Twilio, Instacart, Adobe, CircleCI, Fortune 500 firms, and 100K+ individual developers use Rollbar to build better quality software faster. FREE TRIAL and free plan available. Learn more about Rollbar

Jonathan T.
September 26, 2016

“The Absolute BEST Thing You Can Do for Writing Better Software”

OverallTeam Rollbar--I LOVE you guys and your wonderful service! This review is far too long overdue. Let me save you a bunch of time and make the decision for you. If you're not already using an error tracking platform, you must. If you're deciding between which services to use, just go with Rollbar, and stop deliberating. Rollbar is hands-down, THE BEST full-stack application error and exception monitoring/tracking system. I was an early user and first started using Rollbar in early 2012 (back when it was still called Ratchet.io). Suffice it to say, it has completely transformed and leveled-up the way I build and write applications. Rollbar is now a must-have for any application I build. TDD? Yeah, could do that, or you can just be more lean and start building, and Rollbar will catch all of your exceptions for you. Large team? Even more so that you need Rollbar, so that you can detect and fix errors before they inconvenience your users. Here are the reasons for why I think Rollbar is great: Best thing since sliced bread - For the developers in the late 90's to early 2000's who remember it, just as Firebug and later on Chrome Developer Tools was to JavaScript development, so is Rollbar to development on any stack. Before, with writing JavaScript in Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer 4.0, all you had to go off of was that there was a JS error and the JS on a page was completely broken. Developers familiar with that old debugging technique will shake their heads today--manual binary search, commenting out parts of code until it started working again--those days are gone. Now, with Rollbar, you can know with certainty what parts of your application, down to the specific line(s) of code, are causing the exception. Rollbar has an exceptional, world-class team. Rollbar is built by engineers, for engineers. I know because I've worked with a few folks at team Rollbar, including the founder/CEO Brian Rue, who has been a mentor and advisor to me at a few startups, and some of my elite former colleagues who were hand-picked to join the Rollbar team. They are extremely talented hackers and engineers. Rollbar scales, an is extremely reliable. We're not just talking Mickey Mouse pretend scale, but they actually do. Guess what? Unlike most of the rest of the web, they're actually NOT primarily an AWS-based stack (yeah, because AWS outages can cause large chunks of the web to fail). Rollbar is in multiple data centers across the world for improved
September 26, 2016
Pepijn O.
Web Developer, mainly backend
October 21, 2016

“Error tracking made easy”

OverallI have been using Rollbar for about 3 years now, and I have to say it has made my life a lot easier. They have a ton of platform integrations, but I have only integrated this service in Android and PHP projects. For most programming languages, they have their own API, but this product seems to be so popular that people are even writing wrappers around the API for frameworks. Eg see https://github.com/jenssegers/laravel-rollbar I would definitely recommend this to anyone, especially because they also have an 'always free' formula, which gives you the opportunity to try it out. Customer support is really decent, they're usually replying to your requests in 2 hours or less. And I'm not even in their timezone.
ProsIt's really easy to use, there's a ton of wrappers available for any programming language / framework, and they have an 'always free' formula, which I use for my personal projects
ConsAs with any online product, I don't like to pay :) But other than that, I can't say anything bad about it. And as I said, they have a free formula, which is great if you're just working on a small personal project
Recommendations to other buyersIf you do notice a bug in their SDK's (which I doubt since they're not a startup anymore), don't hesitate to send in a pull request. I once did in the beginning, they accepted, and now I can feel good knowing that my small fix is probably reaching tens of thousands (or more) users.
October 21, 2016
Thaine R.
Full Stack Web Developer
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
November 7, 2016

“Error Logs Simplified”

OverallI'd never really done any log management things untill my CTO brought this product to our application suite. The time this has saved us is just incredible. The main features that really help: Grouping of Logs - Groups together errors so you don't get spammed. There have been a time or two this has worked against me, but overall it really helps. Not to mention, you can resolve errors and they'll pop back up if they happen again, so you know if something is really broken or just a one off developer bug. Stacktrace and Local variables - Really helps that they include the full stack trace, and if you choose, can display local variables you inject. This has made it so easy to setup some debugging features and then let them go. For those really weird bugs that you really can't seem to nail down a cause for. Environment Separation - Really helps to tell between a production (oh no! Lets fix this!) or a staging (fix it before pushing) kinda errors. I don't think I could go back to any other debugging method. In the very least, Rollbar always gives me a place to start using xdebug. At the most, I look at the information and know exactly what went wrong, and can fix it. Great product!
ProsLog Grouping Stacktrace with local variables Enivronment Separation
ConsSomething the grouping can work too well, and errors that are different actually get grouped together. The standards can be a little hard to figure out, and there are multiple ways to do everything.
Recommendations to other buyersThere are very few problems, and the time it saves easily makes up for them.
November 7, 2016
Alexander M.
Core developer
April 1, 2017

“Motivating time saver”

Overall Motivating time saver April 01, 2017 12:38 I'm a Rollbar user since the very beginning of the project. Before Rollbar I've switched a few ways of dealing with logs. First, I was just reading logs when needed with tail and getting a weekly batch of errors by email. That was OK for local development and tiny projects but for bigger deployments that were useless because the amount of data. Then I've found some offline log aggregation tools and these were OK but still required exporting logs, running these tools and checking results. Rollbar automates all that. You're getting a realtime picture of your errors. You can sort messages by the number of occurrences thus getting a good list to work on. Another fun part is how it charges you. The more errors you have the more you pay. Rollbar motivates you to fix things to pay less. At first, I've tried it in personal projects then in a huge commercial project that is already running for more than 7 years. Rollbar saved me hundreds of hours and I'm glad I've stumbled upon it back then.
ProsSaves time. Usability. Features.
ConsOne in half a year there's a lag between sending an error and seeing it analyzed. Not a big issue though.
April 1, 2017
Alex T.
Events Services, 11-50 employees
April 6, 2017

“Error monitoring done right”

OverallWe're Rollbar customers for a about two years, moved to Rollbar after trying few other log aggregation services but none of them had features we needed or didn't deliver on their promise. We're using Ruby on Rails, integration was a breeze, started receiving error messages in less than 5 minutes. The interface is easy to use, live feed works great showing errors as they come up, resolving issues and tracking deploys flows works perfectly. Also I can't recall when Rollbar had downtime or a bug, yet we see new gem releases regularly. I wish other services we use had such a robust infrastructure as Rollbar do. Also I'd like to mention their exceptional support, with very quick responses from highly qualified agents that solve your problems spot on. With Rollbar tools we manage to resolve majority of the issues as they happen, before customers contact our support teams.
ProsUptime, easy to use api, live feed, rql, people tracking, exceptional support
ConsUnified dashboard between projects would be great, but can be implemented with their api
April 6, 2017
Ahimanikya S.
Founder & CEO
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
January 12, 2017

“Simple and Power Realtime issue tracker”

OverallAt DocEngage we have been using Rollbar for more than a year now. We track real-time exception and respond to the issues quickly, sometimes we reach out to our customers before they find time to report the issue. This yields very impactful customer gratification. It also helps us to pinpoint the issue with real use case and evidence. When we have issues with manful traces we observed there is less tension between developers and quality/support team. We tried many competing real-time issue tracker and settled with Rollbar for its simplicity and integration capabilities. We use Rollbar for tracking Java and Javascript exception and our effort to create integration hook was almost zero. As far as collaboration is concerned, we love the way it's integrated with JIRA and HipChat.
ProsSimplicity, Ability to integrate with tools and our application to track real-time issue.
ConsNone
Recommendations to other buyersTheir free plan helped me to get started and we loved the product comparing many other products that we evaluated in the same functionality.
January 12, 2017
Piotr S.
Software Engineer
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

“Great debugging tool”

OverallRollbar is a must-have for the debugging toolkit. You get errors reported in one place, with history, tracebacks, all request data, user data and so on. Capturing of locals and args is *incredibly* useful and speeds up debugging greatly. You can easily have many people looking at a bug at the same time. The interface is really clear and easy to use, even for the non-dev teammates. You won't be needing much support, but when you do it'll be both very responsive and very effective. Setup is easy and Rollbar never gets in the way of your code. Just add that integration with Slack and you'll find Rollbar indispensable. Massive opportunity for squashing bugs quickly. Definitely do recommend!
Pros- Tracebacks - Locals and args captured - Request and user data - RQL!
Cons- Not everything can be exported as CSV (yet?) - More out-of-the box integrations would be very useful (i.e. Celery)
March 10, 2018

“Awesome crashlytics for SaaS! One of those MUST HAVE apps.”

ProsWe have been using Rollbar for last 3 years and we are not planning on quiting! WE LOVE IT! Easy to integrate into our products. Maintaining crash-free app became a lot easier. Support on HIGHEST level. INTEGRATION with JIRA is also a great add-on.
ConsIntegration with JIRA could be more advanced. In our company we use kanban boards and it would be a great feature if we could prepare tickets from Rollbar to automatically have every necessary field filled in.
March 10, 2018
Volodymyr B.
Android Developer
May 4, 2019

“Robust reporting tool”

OverallUse this tool on one big project for all platforms (backend, web, mobile) and it is good enough to cover your needs in errors or debug info reporting. At the first glance it looks like it lacks features compared with other platforms, but after some time you understand that the product has everything you would need for successful project state monitoring.
ProsLove the minimalistic UI, which keeps everything clear and understandable. Developers constantly add new features, like automatic events grouping, etc. Love to have all platforms on one Dashboard to look at reported error from different platforms point of view.
ConsThe quality of Android SDK isn't the top tier with not enough options for event reporting. Also had to so some adjustments for test suits, since in some cases the SDK wouldn't initialize correctly.
May 4, 2019
April 18, 2018

“We rely on Rollbar for great client-side error logging”

OverallRollbar let us drop in an SDK that automatically wired up to capture browser errors without a ton of work on our end, which was a huge time-saver.
ProsRollbar is great for logging client-side javascript errors (although they can also log errors from a bunch of other sources), and we use their source-map feature to have useful error reports on our minified code. Rollbar also has useful alerting for when a new issue crops up, or an issue crosses a threshold for number of times seen. When we've gone to them for support we've found it to be great.
ConsRollbar is reasonably good at de-duping the same errors and grouping them into a single item, although that's not yet flawless. They've also got a query language that we've used a little but, although in our experience it is pretty slow to return results (which could totally be on us).
April 18, 2018
Tung F.
iOS Developer
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
October 27, 2018

“Get notified for issues”

ProsI like that it sends notifications if something goes wrong and your team can stay alert about it. It's pretty nice to know if something is down or something isn't working. We also use it to track custom events when some logic isn't behaving as expected. For example when server returns a new Key value that is not handled on client side.
ConsThe notifications customization is pretty hard and not clear. I tried to turn off some part but I couldn't do it only to myself. You (seems) can only turn it off for the "team". So I end up creating a filter in Gmail.
October 27, 2018
Amanda Josalene W.
Fragrances
Retail, 11-50 employees
March 11, 2019

“Works fantastic for my business & our website!”

OverallOverall, Rollbar has worked great for my business and our website, and if any problems ever arise with the software, they have an excellent support team that responds quickly and accurately.
ProsRollbar was very easy to learn and to navigate, which was a massive plus. Having our own website programmed from the ground-up, it was crucial we had a software that detected and located any errors and/or bugs within our website so they could be fixed/eliminated. Rollbar provides real-time bug tracking, which saved us and our programmer LOADS of time as we located any issues quickly and prevented any possible website crashes/any unnecessary downtime.
ConsI don't have any cons; Rollbar has helped us to the fullest extent.
March 11, 2019
October 3, 2018

“Best-In-Class Error Reporting”

OverallRollbar is an absolutely fantastic service and highly-responsive support if you ever hit an issue, all at a very reasonable price point. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Pros- Easy integrations make setup a breeze - Ability to filter errors by environment and assigned level make management great - Deployment tracking, view errors by user, search errors using SQL-like syntax, deobfuscation of stack traces - more features than you can shake a stick at
Cons- Automatic grouping of errors leaves something to be desired, but this is can be worked around by marking these errors manually
October 3, 2018
Matic J.
January 28, 2017

“A must-have for high-availability systems and SaaS”

OverallAt Nightwatch.io, we are genuinely impressed by the error tracking power that Rollbar provides us. With its numerous integrations, we pipelined the error messages directly to our chatroom so we can eradicate bugs right away. It's one of those systems that are so useful you don't even think about not using them when starting a new programming adventure.
ProsNo downtimes, efficient, excellent reports
ConsWeb interface could perhaps use a refreshment
January 28, 2017
Avishai W.
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
December 14, 2016

“Must-have debugging tool for any app”

OverallRollbar has been helpful to us in all of our web app development projects. We currently use it across 3 different applications. Using Rollbar has saved countless hours of debugging and helped us fix bugs much faster than before. Easy to integrate (5 minutes) into apps. I've found the UI to be far more intuitive than others.
ProsVery quick to install, intuitive configuration and easy to understand UI.
ConsNot much :-)
Recommendations to other buyersRollbar is an indispensable tool for building web apps.
December 14, 2016
Viktor J.
Online Media, 1-10 employees
March 29, 2017

“Haven't used nano php_error.log since I started to use this program”

OverallStarting to use a consolidating error log was a game changer for our developer (and the users of our site). In our company, we try to spend every Thursday to eliminate all the bugs from the site and categorise them as Error or Warning and give them better titels.
ProsReading a long log-file make any sense
ConsAs an owner of a start-up, I wish the price was a little bit better if the free version isn't enough.
March 29, 2017
Johnathan R.
November 19, 2015

“Solid error tracking service”

OverallOur team has been testing Rollbar as a possible replacement for Honeybadger and has liked it enough to decide to make the switch! Some of the features that stood out to us: * Better UI/UX in general that makes the app feel more comfortable to use * Pricing is more affordable (assuming a reasonable number of events per month) * Powerful notification settings, letting us set up different issue severity and only receive notifications on what matters most (more signal, less noise) * Mute option (another way to cut down on the noise) * More logical error grouping (especially for JavaScript errors) * More powerful options for auto-resolving and cleaning up old errors * Nice "person tracking" functionality to see who is affected by various errors * Good asynchronous error reporting options in the Ruby adapter * RQL query language for powerful searching (although it's still a little rough around the edges) We ran into a few minor annoyances: * The gem providing Resque support is developed by a third-party and doesn't seem to get much use (1 watcher and 4 stars as of the time of this review). Honeybadger provides native Resque support in the official Ruby gem. * There doesn't seem to be any search functionality on the documentation page. * No documentation and a slightly unintuitive workflow for one of the integrations we use. Overall, Rollbar looks like a solid service that was easy to set up, easy to use, and has some powerful features for searching through past error data. We're looking forward to making the switch.
November 19, 2015
Internet, 501-1000 employees
April 6, 2019

“An effective tool for catching mistakes in published code.”

OverallCustomer Service is hilarious! They will walk it with you and they actually have personality! So happy to work with CSR on a regular basis.
ProsRollbar is a technical support team's dream. I rarely walk past our tech department and fail to see this on their screens. It allows you to monitor errors that your clients are experiencing and triage them appropriately. Sometimes Rollbar can help solve the problem with little diagnosis when consistent issues arise. I love the free plan that allows you to view 5,000 errors each month. For a small operation, this may be enough.
ConsAfter moving on from the free plan, the cost can be prohibitive. While the cost does increase, you do get what you pay for. We have spent time on all 3 plans that Rollbar offers, and have found our happy medium on Essentials.
April 6, 2019
M. Serhat D.
Lead Software Developer
April 3, 2019

“Using to to monitor Rails apps”

ProsFree package comes with high limits, Github integration is satisfying, easy to setup and manage.
ConsHonestly, nothing so far. Rollbar is the best option when compared to other alternatives, in terms of price/value rate. Most projects can use free version of the Rollbar without any hassle.
April 3, 2019
November 30, 2018

“Best tool to monitor errors”

ProsRollbar reached us out when they detected a problem on our production site and provided their help which was an awesome experience. Installing Rollbar on our Rails app was very painless. Love the email notication, as soon as someone sees the error Rollbar send email alert which helps to resolve issue faster.
ConsWe noticed that Rollbar also considers AJAX request in page load time, we need an option to disable this.
November 30, 2018
Ben K.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
August 22, 2016

“Reliable Exception Handling”

OverallI switched to Rollbar as an alternative for my side projects since Logentries doesn't offer a free tier. Logentries has a complicated, real-time UI. Sometimes that UI can feel a bit laggy if you've got a lot of logs coming in. Rollbar doesn't have this kind of complex UI so it feels faster and simpler. I'm beginning to prefer it over Logentries.
ProsThe ability to know which user experienced a problem when using the software before the user reports the bug. Combining that with the debug information, I'm empowered to follow up with the user about the problem notifying them of a potential fix even when they never submitted a bug report.
ConsI love the free plan, but the next plan they offer is $30/mo. I wish there were more side-project-friendly pricing options. $30/mo for a project I host for free and is open source is a bit much.
Recommendations to other buyersWhen integrating, look for packages that help with integrating your framework/software. Laravel has a great one that makes integrating painless. Also make sure you're sending user data to Rollbar, it's very valuable.
August 22, 2016
Gercek K.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
May 25, 2017

“Great Monitoring Tool”

ProsWe have been using Rollbar for over a year now and it has been really helpful for our engineering team. One of the best features is the solutions tab which provides community answers to common problems. Highly recommended.
ConsFree plan is just not enough for bootstrapping startups. I wished there was some sort of pay as you go model.
May 25, 2017
Pablo J.
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
October 14, 2016

“Great error tracking software”

OverallI'm using Rollbar since 2014, and it's the greatest tool for track errors into my RoR application. It says to me when an error happen, where and who. I saved a lot of money thanks to rollbar, 100% recommended.
ProsVery easy to use
Recommendations to other buyers100% recommended
October 14, 2016
Kyle C.
Co-founder
August 8, 2017

“Rollbar is easy to set up and provides peace-of-mind that you'll know if users hit errors”

OverallVisibility into application errors and peace-of-mind that the team will get notified of any issues
ProsThe setup is easy, and the product is very feature-rich. It is powerful and integrates with popular tools (e.g. Github, Slack) to tie into your team's processes. I like being able to push errors from different platforms and languages into one system for alerting and reporting.
ConsThe UI generally stays out of your way, but this can make configuring certain things a bit tough (e.g. custom error groupings uses a JSON configuration).
August 8, 2017
Sergey Y.
Team Lead
1-10 employees
August 30, 2017

“We have implemented it in our startup weblium.com. This allowed us to see all errors centrally in on”

Pros1. Reporting all exceptions and errors We just add simple Rollbar code and it catches all unhandled exceptions. Very useful and simple feature, that we use. 2. Custom error reporting. We add some asserts on the most complex part of the code, to catch potential logic errors at the very beginning. 3. Real-time log. When you have to test the production. Instant error logging helps save time. 4. Assign Owner Each error can be assigned to the developer and can be marked as resolved when done. Very useful. 5. RQL Console The new tool, it allows us to create detail data queries. Very powerful tool for the analysis of problem areas in our code.
ConsPrice plans based on the number of requests. But if your project didn't have a lot of errors all looks good.
August 30, 2017
Prabhdeep S.
Software Engineer
10,001+ employees
December 10, 2017

“Review of Rollbar”

ProsEasy to setup, simple to understand emails, good error reporting. Free service too. I really like to be able to go into the history of errors, checking them and discovering if they were already happened in the past. It replaced completely email-based error notifications
ConsSometimes I feel something is going wrong with errors count but in general my experience is more than positive
December 10, 2017
Retail, 10,001+ employees
January 7, 2019

“Great tool for Exception management”

ProsIt's a great tool to manage your exceptions and see right when errors are occurring that could impact the customers. We use this in conjunction with alerting tools to see when a deploy breaks something. Viewing a project shows recent errors, frequent errors, lots of helpful data.
ConsNo easy way to consolidate all the projects into one view.
January 7, 2019
Danoosh D.
Metadata Specialist
April 9, 2018

“great problem reporting tools, save a tone of time for development tasks”

ProsThe main user interface is fairly detailed in providing information that I need most. the ability to sort and filter errors and notifications saves a lot of time and effort.
ConsSo far I have not seen anything bad/problematic from this software. It has been very helpful for our team
April 9, 2018
Davide B.
Web developer
March 10, 2017

“One of the best error tracking app ever tried”

OverallWe are using Rollbar since 2016, and it's the greatest tool for track errors into our ruby on rails applications. It's super easy to setup and use. Great dashboard and super clean user interface. When an error happen, you have the situation under control. I saved a lot of money thanks to rollbar, super recommended!!
Proseasy to use, setup and super clean
Consmaybe price?
Recommendations to other buyersi reccommend it 100% easy
March 10, 2017
Seungkook L.
CPO
Media Production, 11-50 employees
September 7, 2016

“Best Software to track errors”

OverallI've used Sentry and Bugsnag. As I can't be satisfied with them, kept finding the better one. Finally, I found Rollbar and have used it for more than 1 year.
Pros- Easy UX - Good customer support - Flawless product(perfect environment feature, error level, integration, etc)
ConsThe price is slightly higher than alternatives. But it's worth to pay!
Maksymilian S.
Retail, 11-50 employees
March 21, 2017

“Great bugtracking software”

OverallI rate Rollbar 5/5. It is a great piece of online software. Really recommended to all application developers.
ProsReliable, quick, work as it should
Consnone
Recommendations to other buyersnone
March 21, 2017
Scott R.
December 4, 2018

“Reliable, informative and can make a difference”

OverallReally enjoyed the product and only replaced in with on-premise Sentry. Highly recommended.
ProsSimple to get started and setup with a really good UI. Track down errors fast and solve them with the extended information Rollbar can provide
ConsCan be expensive if you have a large volume of errors or large traffic site.
December 4, 2018
Steven L.
March 29, 2016

“Great onboarding experience, multiple production fixes in under an hour”

OverallI've been dipping my toes in with lots of solutions lately, looking for anything that would provide me with the kind of insight I need to build great products. Honestly, the competition is stiff right now. There are so many good tools, but Rollbar is hitting all of the right notes. It took me literally 60 minutes from deciding to try it out to installing, logging a test error, injecting into our production packing, push some environment segmenting variables over, and then fixing actual errors that I had somehow failed to catch before. I emailed back and forth with the representative that reached out to me as I was getting going, and was happy with the responsiveness too. I don't want to name names, but I pretty quickly uninstalled another system's "RUM" script shortly thereafter, and then proceeded to ditch the default email alerts in favor of a beautiful Slack/Asana/Bitbucket integration setup. Rollbar is SLICK. Thank you! And my customers would thank you if they knew what you were saving them from!
March 29, 2016
Chris S.
Senior Consultant
May 8, 2017

“With a little elbow grease, Rollbar is a great log aggregator!”

OverallLog aggregation across multiple .NET applications.
Pros* All of the information that is logged and available to be logged * Realtime log monitoring * Super-fast logging * The ability to log via JavaScript!! * Responsive customer support
ConsThe thing I disliked the most was the time it took to implement. After installing the Nuget package, you have to manually wire it up to Rollbar. It took a few days to implement it across 3 different hosted applications (ASP.NET MVC, Web API 2, and Azure Offline Data Sync) using SOLID and DRY principles. Once it was setup, though, it works great!
May 8, 2017
Harsha M.
August 17, 2016

“Ease of User and very Affordable”

OverallWe are in love with Rollbar. Its deep integration into our Slack Channel keeps us updated at all tim
ProsSlack Integration and Costing
ConsNothing so far
Recommendations to other buyersThis is perfect for Startups. The Team is very responsive and helped us get thru the integration quickly.
August 17, 2016
Meihong Z.
October 22, 2015

“Quick and easy setup to identify bugs in realtime”

OverallWe were looking for a solution to find out about all the errors our customers experienced but never informed us about. Rollbar bridges that gap between the errors and our development. We get notified immediately of issues with the site and can remediate before others experience it too. Another great feature is the community solutions. Instead of having to Google each error there is expert solutions provided in the interface. It is definitely a nice touch. Maybe in future for when there isn't a solution it could provide some google links etc. Overall love the product and can't wait to fix all the errors it is finding. The javascript code was easiest to implement for browser issues. The only issue I have now is getting it setup for the PHP tracking. We were able to get this setup without any developers so I imagine it will be easier for a dev to get the PHP error tracking.
October 22, 2015
Jay A.
JDAQA
April 12, 2019

“THE way to catch and analyze errors and issues with your software”

OverallRollbar is the only error-catching and analyzing platform you'll need. It's full of awesome feature functionality and analytics to ensure you can track down the bugs in your software.
ProsSetup is a breeze Maintenance is very easy and simple to keep up to date The analytics are extremely thorough and easy to use
ConsSupport is a bit slow to respond, but after some initial lag they were helpful. A bit expensive
April 12, 2019
Retail, Self-employed
November 16, 2018

“Catch bugs as soon as they happen”

ProsBugs can cost a lot, and rollbar can save you a fortune should a javascript bug come up stopping your shopping cart from working for example. Very handy to spot browser compatibility issues, and little bugs which slip when rolling out new versions of your website.
ConsPricing could be more approachable, but worth its weight in gold if you catch a bug early.
November 16, 2018
Justin R.
October 25, 2016

“Terrific value and insights”

OverallI own most of the backend infrastructure for a small non-profit. As we started to roll out our product to more users, I wanted to be able to capture any server-side errors that might be preventing people from using our software. After researching a few different services, I settled on rollbar due to their pricing, their ease of integration, and their ability to track events to a specific user. I've been using the service for almost a year now, and I couldn't be happier with the decision. On a side note: Due to a widespread internet outage one month, we quickly used up all the events in our free plan. Though rollbar shared zero fault, when I contacted their support, they credited our account with all of the events from that time period. Amazing customer service!
October 25, 2016
Jesse S.
Web Specialist
October 6, 2015

“Super helpful as we've rolled out a new version of our app”

OverallWe recently migrated our staffing application from Laravel 4 to Laravel 5. Rollbar has been a terrific help since the application needed a significant portion of its codebase updated. Installing Rollbar reporting in has helped me pick up errors that I would have otherwise missed. While the error reporting is terrific, I've also appreciated the ability to receive daily digests for both errors as well as log items. Rollbar has added peace of mind as this application deals with information that we don't want to lose. People aren't happy when a bug in the code erases their work! There's no doubt in my mind that Rollbar has improved the quality of our application. Thanks for a great product!
October 6, 2015
Zach A.
December 11, 2015

“Ease of Integration”

OverallI was truly impressed when I tried out Rollbar. I'm new in the web application development game, so I'm learning the right tools to use and the services that help as I go. I found out about Rollbar after some searching of application monitoring. I found out that not only is it easy to use out of the box, but it's also a cost effective solution. I develop apps on Heroku and I was even more excited to find that it was an out of the box add-on. After about 30 seconds I was up and running with exception tracking and notification through Slack. I couldn't be more pleased with my decision. I look forward to continuing this partnership in the future.
December 11, 2015
Eugene D.
April 17, 2015

“Greatest error reporting and proactive issue fixing”

OverallAs Google App Engine for Python users, we have some reporting logs within the system that are already quite comprehensive and great for debugging. When a team member decided that it was a great idea to implement rollbar, we were absolutely amazed by how much more comprehensive the error logging became. We can find very detailed information that GAE could not provide, such as request headers. Also, it generates a report on each error and how often it happens. This makes it easy from a quality assurance and product management perspective on which errors that we should fix first. Additionally, it allows us to fix errors that customers have not reported.

By Rollbar on April 27, 2015
Thanks.
April 17, 2015
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
March 19, 2019

“Track frontend errors”

ProsEasy to use interface with list of errors. It'll group similar errors together. I like the option to link to a case (e.g. JIRA) for each error. It was pretty easy to setup in our app too.
ConsSometimes it is hard to sift through all the errors and determine which ones are high priority.
March 19, 2019
Paul T.
July 27, 2016

“Great error reporting solution”

OverallWe integrated rollbar super quick into our rails application and can't live without it. All the features we wanted in an error reporting solution implemented in one day
Prossimple easy. auto resolves issues auto create github issues with custom rules notifications stack traces last seen
Recommendations to other buyersuse it and your application will be much better!
July 27, 2016
Filip T.
October 5, 2015

“Great error tracking service!”

OverallAt Castle.io we've been using Rollbar since the very beginning and we love it! Simple to integrate in all our environments (Ruby and node.js), great Github / commit messages integration. You can start with a simple error tracking and then get more detailed reports and filtering as you grow - this has proved to be extremely useful to us. Other things we've really grew to enjoy are comprehensive diff views for deployments, very detailed error occurrence details (including always helpful curl example) and graphs, which are extremely helpful when reviewing application status. Much more reliable & stable than Airbrake.
October 5, 2015
Esteban P.
Technical Lead
November 5, 2015

“Save us lots of time and helped us keep our errors organized”

OverallBefore using Rollbar. We had our own hosted app for exceptions. We had lots of troubles with apps that had lots of exceptions. Rollbar helped us having our different apps grouped by our clients. We could setup integrations as Slack easily and we are planning to add more. The UI its easy to use and the information is well displayed. Before trying Rollbar we tried lots of other apps and we decided for Rollbar because it was easy to setup with our Rails, Java and Angular apps and had all the features we needed. They also have a good Demo to convince your clients to use it.
November 5, 2015
Josh D.
April 9, 2015

“Level up your devops”

OverallRollbar is smooth, easy to use, fast, and intuitive. It captures errors from a variety of languages with no hassle - including quick setup instructions that are so easy you can copy and paste them. Very competitive pricing, including a free plan that will cover a great many people's needs, makes this a no-brainer to log and collect errors painlessly. Say goodbye to an e-mail inbox filled with individual error reports. This is one of the secret weapons I use with my clients to impress them with proactive fixes of errors they haven't even reported yet. Rollbar all the things!

By Rollbar on April 9, 2015
Thanks.
April 9, 2015
Steven M.
digital marketing specialist
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
April 27, 2018

“I thought the customer support was great.”

ProsI really think the ease of use of this software is a huge pro. I could not get over how easy it is to use.
ConsI honestly cannot say there are really any cons for this software except for maybe the price slightly.
April 27, 2018
sidharth c.
July 7, 2016

“Rollbar - Awesome Product i have ever used”

OverallSo in past we have used many error handling tools like sentry and errlytics but when we start using rollbar it is just an awesome experience in terms of ui and error logging. I recommend other companies to use this , would really benefit development with this tool.
ProsUI and Erro Logging Mechanism
July 7, 2016
Joyjeet S.
Co-Founder
January 18, 2016

“Great Product. Many Integrations ”

OverallThe no. of integrations possible in Rollbar is mind boggling. Exception tracking is one of the major pain point in DevOps and Rollbar eases and automates the entire process. The automatic error grouping works like a charm. We internally log all user sessions (anonymously). You can map errors to user_ids and session ids as well. So, using Rollbar API and custom data sent with the exception, i can use it to track user wise exceptions. Having tried, used and paid (non-free tier) of all the competitors in this space, this is the best one. Would recommend them.
January 18, 2016