Chiron Health Ratings

Overall

About Chiron Health

Schedule and conduct video visits for your practice. Appointments integrate with your existing EMR or PM system. Learn more about Chiron Health

Maggie Y.
MD
May 21, 2018

“More than 2 years in and I still love it”

OverallHas made telemedicine EASY to delivery to my patients the past 2+ years. And love the staff's ability to show insurance coverage for these visits..which is invaluable.
ProsEasy to use for patients, clinical staff, and for providers. Integration into Athena for scheduling and for collecting copays. Support staff available at a moment's notice and has been highly responsive to help trouble shoot problems, which are often user error on the patient's end and NOT due to Chiron software or support. Highly responsive company and quality product.
ConsDespite making things as easy as possible for patients, some patients are just slow to adapt to their own local tech challenges but support staff has been very helpful to trouble shoot w/ patients when that does occur, which is a minority of the time. And once someone has troubleshooted it once, they don't need to be again.
May 21, 2018
Kathy W.
Medical Director
November 3, 2018

“Chiron is a very good telemedicine platform”

ProsEasy for patients and providers to use. Reliable audio and video quality. Able to expand my practice to other locations without the expense of opening satellite offices. Great pricing.
ConsVerification of the patient's insurance coverage is not always reliable. Not as robust as I would like (great features would be a chat box between patient and provider and the ability to share my screen with the patient to show them test results).
November 3, 2018
Wendy Y.
Therpist
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
August 20, 2018

“Great Platform For Mental Health”

OverallOverall, it is a great platform for connecting with clients. It's helpful that it keeps track of time and the scheduling features are very easy to use. Additionally it allows you to charge clients directly and modify fees if necessary.
ProsIt is very straight forward, easy to use, and simplistic in terms of the functions and options.
ConsIt tends to freeze and often have issues with volume.
Georgeanne F.
Downtown Doctor - Austin Texas
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

“Excellent Telemedicine platform”

OverallI have been with Chiron for @ 5 years and am impressed with how they have and continue to integrate functionality. Their support team listens and supports our practice and our patients
ProsIt allows me to see patients virtually and bill them in the same session
ConsReliant upon internet connections which is not always perfect
David P.
owner/founder/physician
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
April 4, 2018

“I have used Chiron for telemed visits since 2016. I recommend their services without reservations.”

Overallincreased productivity, increased client satisfaction
ProsExceptional support and troubleshooting available quickly during times of use, for any problems I am having and end users as well. Easy to set up and use, high quality Chromebook provided, great quality video and audio so long as end user's WiFi connection strong. Great people to work with at all levels of company.
ConsAt times quirky, as all software can be. And figuring out the workarounds is key, again as with all software. On the good side, the company is very receptive to feedback and to improving their product and user experience.
April 5, 2018

“Easy and quick appointments online”

OverallAllows me to see more patients during my schedule and cuts down on a lot of call back times to patients.
ProsI like the easy to use platform. It is very quick and easy to sign on and be in an appointment within minutes. I also like that you can see the patient status from the home page.
ConsI have no complaints about the actual software. Overall my experience with customer service/tech support has been very good. THere have only been a couple instances where i needed help quickly and there was a little bit of a delay in response.
Tiffany W.
April 5, 2018

“Awesome way to work with my patients!”

Pros1. It's easy to use 2. my patients love the app & the ability to video chart at their conveniance 3. there's always a support person available
Cons1. At times, the connections may be a little bad (but I don't think it s a software issue) 2. the sidebar does not always auto-refresh ( but the feature itself is great!)
Jay H.
October 4, 2017

“A good idea in theory, but not reliable enough to use.”

OverallWe are still interested in Telemed, but are going to look at other systems in hopes of getting a more reliable connection/service.
ProsWhen it worked it was a nice way to see patients. The help desk is available to try to solve problems and were usually quick to respond.
ConsI am not angry as I write this. My honest, "non-anger-driven" evaluation is it was very unreliable. The connection was more often than not a problem, and has become increasingly unreliable over the past 2 months for reasons I do not understand. The help desk is readily accessible. Unfortunately, they really could not offer much assistance when they tried. The usual help desk response was that the patient needed to update the ap (which patients had done already recently and did not make a difference) or that the patient didn't have a strong enough Wi-fi (even though patient reported their wi-fi had strong connectivity and was considered a high quality/fast wi-fi subscription.) So over the past month most of my scheduled telemed visits were unsuccessful due to connection problems. We lost revenue by trying to do telemed visits instead of an office visit.
Libby L.
Psychotherapist
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
August 19, 2018

“Chiron Video Health Review ”

ProsI like the ease of the software. It is very convenient for both practitioner and patient. It allows appointments to be kept regardless of bad weather. It attracts patients from further distances as they don't have to worry about traveling far to keep their appointment.
ConsThere have been technical glitches: for example the screen sometimes "freezes".
August 19, 2018
Prisiliano S.
MD
April 4, 2018

“Very simple solution for telemedicine, no bells or whistles, but do you really need them?”

ProsAthena integration is pretty basic, pulls insurance data, runs a telemed eligibility scan and lets you know if the visit is covered with their copay. So far, no major issues. It performs as promised as long as you and the patient have a strong internet connection. For basic virtual visits, it works just fine.
ConsIf you are looking for a fancier or more comprehensive solution to share your computer screen, documents, images, etc. this is not the telemedicine platform for you.
renee h.
office manager
October 4, 2017

“Horrible, chiron claims to have 99% connection and a great support> NOT THE CASE”

ProsI like the IDEA they have to help practice with telemedicine.
ConsThey do not have good software that works. I gave chiron many months to fix problems so I could utilize this in my practice. I actually lost money. I got charged per month for service and never got that out of it. Example: Telemed at 9:00 am could not log on with out help till about 9:45 am so I could have seen 3 patients in the time I was trying to resolve issues with the software. They blame connection... well my patient did this last month and now cannot log on. I was pro active in having patient participate in the program, I even made fliers for this service. After these troubles, my patients refuse to do it again. Such a head ache on their end and mine. I am choosing to stop service with this company and look somewhere else.

By Chiron Health on August 28, 2018
Hi Renee, we are sorry to hear that you have had trouble. We appreciate your valuable feedback and it has been shared within our organization. Most appointment quality issues we see are caused by patient connectivity issues, which is why we may have assumed this was the case. We will continue to be committed to your success with our product, and look forward to speaking with you soon.
Alex R.
Physician Owner
May 23, 2018

“Chiron has been a valuable asset to me in starting a my private practice. ”

ProsIt offers convenience to both myself and my patients. I have many patients who live in rural areas far from my office, and this service has allowed them to receive excellent medical care without the commute. Customer service has been prompt when we have needed to reach out. The majority of patients have no problems using the software.
ConsPatients who are very uncomfortable with technology have a hard time using the service and we have had a few issues with poor connections. Coverage for non-commercial insurance is not guaranteed.
Natalie C.
CNM, FNP-BC
May 23, 2018

“Chiron has been a great addition to our practice. ”

ProsChiron has provided an easy way for our practice to review lab results and do medication follow ups without requiring the patient to come into the office. Patients are happy to not commute or have to wait for me if I am running behind in office that day.
ConsIf the patient has a poor connection, it has dropped the patient and told me appointment is over. This has only happened once, but it taught me to instruct every patient to check their signal/connection prior to appointment time.
paula o.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
May 24, 2018

“The initial explanation of the functionality was not accurate. The company did not train me”

OverallRevenue generation by allowing me to see pts when I am away from the office
ProsI can use anywhere and pts seem to like it. It generates revenue for my practice. Integrated with my emr
ConsStill too soon to say. I have only been using for about 6 weeks. Training and follow up fro. The company
May 24, 2018
Lisa L.
MD- pediatrician
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
November 1, 2018

“Great service”

OverallGreat experience! Patients love the convenience.
ProsVery easy to use and our patients love the service!
ConsNothing. No comments. Service is great.
November 1, 2018