Rocketium Ratings

Overall
4.7/5

About Rocketium

Rocketium is a cloud based software that helps anyone create beautiful videos in minutes with text, images, voiceovers, footages and motion graphics. While there is no learning curve to using Rocketium, it does give you tons of styling options and customizable templates for different platforms and use cases. Teams can work together to collaborate on video projects and share reviews and comments, all in one place. Rocketium's API can be used to automate video creation at scale as well. Learn more about Rocketium

Luke S.
Internet, Self-employed
January 23, 2017

“Getting a great response on social with Rocketium videos”

OverallI'm sure you are familiar with the online graphics app called Canva, it's great for making images for social media. To me, Rocketium very much solves the same pain point but in video-format. Just as Canva enables 'anyone to become a designer' Rocketium allows anyone to become a 'video creator'. For a long time I've seen how popular 'typographic' videos are on social, since they can be viewed (and read) whether or not the user has the sound on. This really hit home when I read that VaynerMedia had a whole division dedicated to captioning videos for their big-brand clients. Of course, before I found your product, this would have been inconceivable, as there was no way to scale the video creation process effectively. So far, I've made, perhaps three video versions of our blog posts using your product and click-through rates from Facebook to our website have doubled. It's such a stream-lined 'fill-in-the-gaps' approach that it only takes me about 12 minutes to create the video. ;-D If I could change one thing I would add in the ability to reorder and sort the captions when creating the slides. Sometimes I enter them incorrectly or just want to change the order but the only way to do this (to my knowledge) is by cutting and pasting the text. I'll definitely spread the word around in my community of around six thousand software-hungry subscribers over at 1WD.tv I love it. I'm getting a great response on social with these videos. Congrats on a great product and I look forward to using it much more in the new year. And thanks for being so responsive. :-)
ProsThe ease of use - Rocketium is organized in a similar fashion to presentation software such as Google Slides or Powerpoint. It just makes it 10x by empowering everyone with the brain and hands of a designer.
ConsJust the ability to reorder and sort the captions when creating the slides.
Recommendations to other buyersWell, I wrote a whole post describing the usefulness of Rocketium here- https://1wd.tv/boost-your-social-engagement-with-rocketium/

By Rocketium on February 1, 2017
Hi Luke, Thank you for your wonderful feedback. Rocketium gives everyone the power to be a video creator without any prior experience! We are glad to hear that the CTR rate from Facebook to your website has doubled. :) We are currently working on the captions and are looking forward to see you use Rocketium further!
June 25, 2019

“Possibly the best online video creation software”

OverallI've had an overall great experience using Rocketium. Having tried competitors like InVideo, Vidgeos, Lumen5, ContentSamurai and others, I found Rocketium to be the most flexible without a ton of manual steps. Support has been super helpful, implementing some of my suggestions to improve the service, and they recently released a UI update which makes video creation even easier! I recommend Rocketium to fellow marketers all the time!
ProsI love how flexible Rocketium is to create the right kind of videos for your needs. I also love their templates which can often be enough to simply swap out images and text for your own. I've been using Rocketium for over a year, and don't have any complaints. The service has improved over that time. They decreased load and render times (faster), and have added more content to fit a wider array of video styles.
ConsThe biggest con I've found is the music selection. While adequate, there's not enough high-quality original music to wow me. I often upload my own music from AudioJungle, so it's not a deal killer, but would love some extra TLC put towards acquiring new music. That said, often these videos end up on social media where they are muted by default, and users don't actually bother to turn the sound on anyway.
June 25, 2019
Mostafa A.
Media Production, Self-employed
January 17, 2017

“Most value for money and time”

OverallHi there :)) First up, you are guys are really amazing. I don't know how you are able to do such a great support. This is really the best support that I've had since I discovered the internet. I just created the first few videos and it has been made by a journalist who has no previous experience. And it's really amazing the total cost of this video (including the editor salary) is quiet less and it will be reduced if we produce more videos per month. That's really wonderful, I've talked with many colleagues and I'm sure there are at least three other websites considering it I don't want to be annoying about my feedback but I have another idea to consider if you want. Some of our videos are just about social media. So we need to show a tweet or facebook status in those videos. The background can be a still image and what I'm thinking is of a form asking the editor to enter username - handle - avatar- the text - and choose whether it's twitter or facebook and the platform will put that on the screen. I know it might sound rude but I took the liberty to make this guideline of what I imagined. I just find it easier to show you a photo than describing what I mean in words. I just sent my idea with a wireframe, hope it will be ok :)) So that's my other idea :)). I'm sorry for being your most annoying customer. but I'm a little bit excited about the platform and I really think it will bring something important into Arabic journalism.
ProsSaves a lot of time. Video making can be done in about 45 minutes
ConsNone as such. Would be good if we can pull in data from more sources

By Rocketium on February 1, 2017
Hello Mostafa, Thank you so much for your kind words. We are pleased that you enjoyed your experience with Rocketium. :)
January 17, 2017
Andy L.
Solopreneur
September 30, 2019

“Rocketium For Quick Video Production”

OverallFor list type posts, Rocketium works well. I think this is the area it shines. I just copy and paste the main points from my post and voila, the video is done.
ProsRocketium provides templates in several categories. I can choose a template and customize to my niche. Or you can start from scratch. With templates, you can create a video quickly if time is a concern.
ConsI was hoping that Rocketium can create new categories for the templates. They don't really have a lot of niches. The other thing is that I can only create one type of video. If you want explainer type or animated videos, Rocketium is not for you.
September 30, 2019
Elena P.
Data Analytics & Logistics Manager
51-200 employees
February 7, 2018

“Great video editing app!”

ProsI use the free version, but I also tested the paid version (which, of course, gives you a lot more to play with). The free version, although limited, is still pretty good to help you make a great looking video, if you don't mind the Rocketium logo at the end. I like the fact that they have free photos and clips inside the app, which you can insert into your videos. Of course, you can also use your own. It's easy to use and anybody can learn it quickly enough.
ConsThe Rocketium logo at the end, but that's the price of free :). You can't do a lot of things with the free option, but you can do enough.
February 7, 2018
Mark S.
Profit Executive
April 18, 2019

“Functionally usable and good”

ProsIt's a straightforward UI that allows you to get your video up and out there fast. I like that it allows switching between slides and customizing very efficient, where some others are a bit clunky. It renders video fast compared to some others, as well, though it's nominal. The ability to add voice to the videos is a great feature too. Adding images and music is simple and easy.
ConsI can't get past the feel of their templates. It's just ... a bit older feeling. Slightly outdated ... can't put my finger on it, but it just doesn't have the modern look that is mostly expected. But the bottom-line is ... get your content out there and this does that.
April 18, 2019
Naveen J.
Content
May 19, 2017

“ I love how easy it is to use.”

ProsFavourite thing about Rocketium is the ease of use. Adding images simply overlaying it with text has helped me make more than 50 videos a month for Sportskeeda's Facebook channel.
ConsI want the most are the labels/tags/folder system. This would help me categorize my content in a better way.
May 19, 2017
Oliver B.
SEO Strategist
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
August 5, 2019

“Leading solution”

ProsThere's stock quality videos available for free within the app, meaning you can quickly build professional looking videos with ease. This is a standout feature in this category. If you need to create cheap but good social video ads, I recommend this tool.
ConsMobile app is a good idea but needs a fair bit of work.
August 5, 2019
Publishing, Self-employed
December 8, 2018

“It Keeps Getting Better”

OverallRocketium has grown a lot since I became a user of the product. I'm impressed with how much they've grown and I look forward to where they are heading in the future.
ProsI really like how they are focusing on adding video templates for different industries and occasions. As someone who helps a news agency and helps non-profits, I'm pleased that they've added news and non-profit video templates.
ConsThe video editing process could be improved. I'm not a big fan of their two-step video editing process.
December 8, 2018
Alex H.
Pastor
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
December 4, 2018

“Rocketium”

ProsRocketium simplifies making promotional videos, enabling movies such as myself the ability to create quality products. It is literally a drag and drop operation of photos or videos coupled with typing in a desired message or caption. It offers the ability to use a premed template or design your own content. Finally, Rocketium enhances the product buy providing royalty free music to include as part of the video created.
ConsThe templates are wonderful; however, the templates do not allow the user to modify the template for personal preferences. For example, if the template requires each frame to have wording as part of the frame, one cannot proceed until words have been added. Sometimes, I would just like to have a graphic without any added inclusion.
December 4, 2018
Ron Elius S.
Freelance B2B Copywriter for the Food & Beverage Companies
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
July 22, 2019

“Rocketize your Content Marketing Effort”

OverallAmazing!
ProsThe ease of use is what I love about Rocketium. The video templates cater to my chosen industry, and that's a huge help for us because time is saved for customization not searching blindly in the age of information overwhelm.
ConsCustomization is limited for different templates but anyways, it's way better than a boring video that had no value in it.
July 22, 2019
Esther G.
Business Owner
Photography, 1-10 employees
March 27, 2019

“Basic Slide Show Presentations”

OverallI use Rocketium because sometimes I need quick walk-thru videos on houses or a simple slide show of images that doesn't look like it was simple to put together. Rocketium provides this to me. For more customization, I use another Adobe Rush or Premier
ProsI like that their pre-made templates don't look like everyone else's, and once you get into them, they are pretty interchangeable.
ConsIt's hard to customize anything. You have to trial and error your way through if you need to move a text box, for instance. These are great for on the go, quick stuff, but for more options, this isn't the tool.
March 27, 2019
Shannon R.
Blogger
April 17, 2018

“Easiest Social Video Creation Software Around”

OverallI can create lots fo great looking social videos with no video editing experience
ProsI love Rocketium! If you want to make cool social videos but lack the video editing skills, this is the tool for you. Simply add images/video and add your captions and their software will create great looking social videos for you. Comes with lots fo templates as well as free images, video and music clips you can use for free.
ConsIn order to make it very easy to use, you have limits on how you can much you can change the templates
April 17, 2018
Naveen D.
Visual Designer
March 19, 2018

“Give Rocketium the title of World's Easiest Tool to Create Social Media Video ”

ProsI love using rocketium !! They made the complex process of creating Videos in a matter of few minutes. I used to create videos using After Effects which used to take a really long time to create a single video but after using rocketium . I can pump out many videos in a matter of minutes. Thak you so much rocketium team.
ConsI would never say this as a con but there are only a few templates in the basket but I strongly believe many templates are being baked and will be served hot and fresh soon to the rocketium customers.
March 19, 2018
Abhishek G.
Blogger
May 22, 2017

“Being a content writer and blogger, this app is a great boon! ”

ProsRocketium helps me convert my written content into very interesting videos. I can add images, clips, and music to my content and spice it up. It has helped me produce some fun and quality content which gets much more reach and clicks than just a written blog. Having no designing and video editing background, the UI was pretty simple and I was good to go from minute 1. The set themes pretty much cover all the applications and I can customize them even further. Love the app! It's made my life much easier.
May 22, 2017
February 19, 2019

“Rocketium lets you create high quality videos”

OverallOverall, I Rocketium has a solid place in my marketing toolbox.
ProsRocketium is a good product for creating videos from text and using video to teach. The technology it uses makes you look really good, because it has lots of moving parts that make it seem you spent hours on the video. It also has plenty of great templates I made some videos and everyone loved them. It made me look really good! It has built in music and tips about how to make your videos look good. For the marketer who doesn't have a lot of time to mess around, its a great tool and I recommend it.
ConsThe user interface could be a little smoother. It has a lot of power though, so that is the trade off.
February 19, 2019
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
April 12, 2019

“Typical video production program”

OverallThis program has what you need to put together the videos, and it's relatively quick to do so. I don't notice any better or worse than other video editing systems.
ProsI like the ease of adding team members. There's also a two tau real and "Academy" which is nice for new users.
ConsMaking videos is always going to take time and the quality will depend on the talent of the user. Alas.
April 12, 2019
Nick L.
April 4, 2019

“Not an all powerful online video tool but extremely useful for certain types of videos”

ProsIf you need to put together a video primarily with text and stock footage then this is the best tool. It's extremely easy for me to throw together a video that's based entirely on text. The new interface they just released makes it even easier to use and I highly recommend it for making simple text-based videos. They're basic but they can communicate a good message if done well. Rocketium gives you the tools to do it well but it's really up to the user to make it great or mess it up.
ConsThe timings function with the new updates is extremely difficult to use. I have to actually do math! Yuck! That's all I don't like about the new update.
April 4, 2019
Don S.
Co-Founder
Wireless, 1-10 employees
February 7, 2019

“Create "Buzz" style videos in minutes without having to be a video editor”

ProsThe provide a ton of useful templates for creating videos for social media. Lets you resize and reformat content for every platform (vertical, landscape, square, Facebook ad), which is really dope. Can import your blog content and drop it in your video in minutes. The new version of the platform is easier to use.
ConsThe old version of the platform was buggy and sometimes video exports would look weird but a new version of the platform was just released.
February 7, 2019
Stephanie G.
Art Director
May 11, 2018

“for us it's the fastest way to create explaining videos and social media ads with custom branding ”

ProsMultiple templates and asset library fast rendering and ability to ad our own branding, videos and photos easy way to create the right size video for facebook snapchat and instagram love the idea of creating Buzzfeed like videos for my clients and for our own social media super easy interface and easy to use features
ConsOnly 20 videos a moth for the professional paid tear limited length on videos for the professional paid tear
May 11, 2018
July 29, 2019

“Rocketium is another very useful tool in video creation”

OverallRocketium has offered me another tool in my video creation toolbox so that I can switch up the styles of the videos I create for clients and keep new content looking current.
ProsI like that Rocketium offers a good array of templates to help easily and quickly produce video content for online and social posting. The text animation options are varied with quite engaging results.
ConsSome of the controls initially were time-consuming, but since a redesign of the software was completed, it has become faster and more intuitive to use.
July 29, 2019
Michael W.
Photo & Video Production
Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees
December 14, 2018

“Pretty cool software”

OverallI enjoyed playing around with the software trial, and would definitely recommend to my friends who are social media managers without staffed video editors.
ProsHaving some free stock footage options helps make this software really be valuable. For the same price you'd pay for these songs/clips you're getting the ability to edit. Not as full fledged as professional software, but can give a pro look to those creative who lack the training on expensive software.
ConsEditing isn't as fine tuned as I like, but still a lot of good things.
December 14, 2018
11-50 employees
July 20, 2018

“Awesome tool to create social media videos ”

OverallEasy to use tool for creating Social Media videos
ProsEncountered Rocketium as an Appsumo Customer and have been pleasured to this service for creating social media videos for our facebook page.
ConsI still they have a long way in adding many features to become one of the best video-making tools, Starting from their pre-made templates.
July 20, 2018
Publishing, 51-200 employees
May 10, 2018

“Excellent Option for Basic Video Marketing”

ProsThis is an easy way for a solopreneur like me who lacks the time, equipment, and desire to be on video for my customers. I still have a way to make videos that are of high quality for social media marketing purposes. I liked the free plan so much I upgraded to a paid version with a lifetime membership through AppSumo. It's better than the lowest tier priced plan, but offers less monthly videos than the business plan.
ConsThere could be some improvements to the user interface and user experience - and better stock videos added to the library compared to the competition. It's still easy to get things done, and decent stock content... it just could be better overall.
M Umar F.
Business Manager
April 25, 2019

“Amazing First Video”

OverallI used it to create a video slideshow for my client. Worked out pretty well for me. Was able to create the video that my client loved, in half an hour.
ProsBeing a guy with no prior experience in making slideshows and videos, Rocketium made it feel like a piece of cake. With easy to use interface, I can make as many changes as required. And a lot to of room to play with.
ConsI think the load time for saving changes is bit lengthy.
April 25, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
January 13, 2019

“Video creation for anyone”

OverallWe are able to produce a lot of video content in a short time, test them to see what gives the best engagement.
ProsRocketium makes the creation of short video clips for marketing purposes a really easy task. There is no need to use the complex software anymore, really. Just combine text, images and video clips together and wait until they render.
ConsWe would like to see more customization option, but on the other hand, it could lead to expanding the complexity too much.
January 13, 2019
Tadej L.
Marketing Manager
March 26, 2018

“Great app great functionality ”

ProsGreat app great functionality works wonderfully for social media videos and for presentational purposes.
ConsThat the appsumo deal went to fast and we now have to pay monthly installments which is a pitty would be great if they answer me to email and give the option
March 26, 2018
Darren C.
Marketing Manager
December 18, 2018

“Terrible Experience ”

OverallNot good
ProsSoftware was basic at best, we used it for about a month but it wasn't what was promised.
ConsWhen we tried to cancel, they would not let us and then after billing for another month, they refused to offer a refund. Now have to go through VISA to attempt a chargeback. The whole time I was asking for a refund they CSR kept asking me to give feedback on what features I didn't like. It was insane.

By Rocketium on January 15, 2019
Hi Darren! Sorry to hear about your experience. From what I can see in the records, your charge was refunded for the next month. It does take about 5-7 days from PG's end to return the money to your account. I hope we can get another chance to delight you with our product and service.
December 18, 2018
Bes M.
PM
January 25, 2019

“Love the V2”

OverallI am using it regularly for the videos for my clients. Easy and premium service.
ProsIt is a complete product with all features needed in one place.
ConsUse to not like something at the previous version. But now I am liking it.
January 25, 2019
Manuel C.
Business Owner
Photography, 1-10 employees
November 30, 2018

“I can't believe this is a web based platform!”

ProsThe platform has a lot of themes you can use to create amazing videos! Easy to use and you will have professinal looking videos.
ConsCan be a little pricey but is definately worthy!
November 30, 2018
June 8, 2018

“Really fast and convenient video creator”

OverallWe are now creating videos, which before we didn't have time to produce :)
ProsI love the fact it comes with a huge video and image library, and you can just put together a decent looking video in less than half an hour complete with music and buzzfeed style transitions.
ConsIt would be great if we could upload our own fonts at the pro-level membership, also would be great if rocketium could broker more deals to include more free video assets. Also would be great to get access to HD 1080 output instead of 720p, maybe this could be a perk of the professional membership and up.
June 8, 2018
Mariam A.
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees
October 26, 2018

“Making cool videos easily ”

OverallGreat experience, a bit slow for me but that could be due to my slow laptop and internet. The videos turn out usually great
ProsI got it in an Appsumo deal so the price factor for me is really really cool. I hated making videos but since they convert a lot, needed something that could make them easily for me. That's when I saw this deal and got it. It has a lot of cool templates which makes making stylish videos a breeze
ConsMore templates would be even better :) We need even more of them.
October 26, 2018
Information Services, 1-10 employees
October 4, 2018

“Building a video - Grow your business with this! ”

OverallI have created 5 videos with this so far with over 1k views. Not the millions but that was not the target market I was aiming them at either!
ProsIt is simple to put together a professional (potentially viral) video in very little time using either templates or starting from scratch.
ConsVideo just takes time to fully edit and update.
October 4, 2018
Paul H.
January 23, 2017

“Stoked on the App as against Fiverr”

OverallAwesome thanks. We do a ton of videos here on educational topics that we post to social media and our distribution list. I want to use Rocketium to build up library of videos and we upload them all to our Youtube channel. I found out about it through a Buffer blog about the hottest apps around right now. I used to pay Fiverr to create these type of videos so very stoked on your app.
Thomas W.
Computer Software, Unspecified
May 29, 2018

“Make Buzzfeed-style video without expensive tools”

OverallEasy-to-use video making tool without video-authoring skills.
ProsWith Rocketium, I can create videos for my startup without expensive tools and specialized video-editing skills. It's cookie-cutter, but so are most videos on social media.
ConsSince it's template-based, it can be quite limiting if I want to be more creative with my design. Not necessarily a bad thing, since the template is industry best practice.
May 29, 2018
Sergio P.
January 26, 2017

“Rocketium Review”

OverallOverall, Rocketium is a great tool to quickly create videos with text overlay. However, the platform is not as flexible as more professional programs, such as Premier.

By Rocketium on February 1, 2017
Hi Sergio, Thank you for your feedback! We will definitely work on making the platform much more flexible than it is. User experience is our topmost priority!
January 26, 2017
Daniela D.

“Intuitive and Flexible”

OverallI find Rocketium very intuitive and flexible. A great product with a fantastic customer service! I use video for company presentation purposes or to promote events. Of course, the videos are shared on social online like Facebook and LinkedIn and on our website.

By Rocketium on February 1, 2017
Hi Daniela, Thank you so much for the feedback. :)
Management Consulting, 10,001+ employees
June 5, 2019

“best video app”

OverallVery easy to use video maker platform and mobile platform.
ProsSimple and fully customizable video templates to use in everyday work.
ConsNot syncing videos between the desktop and mobile app.
June 5, 2019
Miraz U.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, 1001-5000 employees
April 8, 2019

“Awesome Site to edit and create video”

OverallI created a video for my presentation and it took me 30 mins to create it. I love this software.
ProsHassle free software. They have Nice templates.
ConsThis software monthly price range is little bit high.
April 8, 2019
Steve W.
Online Communications Officer
Hospital & Health Care, Unspecified
July 3, 2018

“Excellent quick quality video creator, up there with the best!”

ProsRocketium is easy to use and has a workflow that is easy to follow and edit, usually all in one screen! The drag and drop is appreciated and the video processing is pretty quick as well.
ConsRocketium works fine but having seen Lumen5's ability to take content from adding a URL, this would be a very desirable feature to have in Rocketium.
July 3, 2018
Rick S.
Copywriter
April 11, 2018

“Make pro-looking videos in minutes”

OverallFast and easy video creation
ProsLove that it allows you to create videos using their templates and your own images or video clips, add music, animations, etc - all without taking hundreds of hours of time
ConsLimited creative freedom on positioning of text/logos, only a few fonts available, making it difficult to match client brands accurately
April 11, 2018
Miguel P.
April 10, 2018

“Good way to make easy videos”

OverallGood way to make easy videos
Pros- you have access to stock images and videos - you can export your videos in 720p quality - you can choose between more than 100 different fonts to use in your videos
Cons- you have a limited number a videos per month (depending on your plan) - you do not templates, but rather styles to use in your video - you cannot export in 1080p
April 10, 2018
April 4, 2018

“Super easy and quality video creator”

OverallQuick and easy video creator
ProsRocketium makes it super easy to put together a short video for ads or to display on a landing page. Simple as selecting a few images and copy and you're done!
ConsIt's a quick and easy way to create n image based video for an ad or to use in your marketing but if you're looking for cinema quality video, probably not for you.
April 4, 2018
Abhinav A.
January 31, 2017

“Useful, easy-to-create video making tool”

OverallI have been using Rocketium since some time now. It is a helpful tool and can be used by anyone who is inexperienced at video creation. The Rocketium team is doing a good job. Now trying it for personal projects and it is definitely working for me. Would certainly recommend!
January 31, 2017
Chris W.
Photographer
May 10, 2018

“A fun tool that works well.”

OverallFun and easy to use!
ProsThis is a great tool for beginners to get a good concept of making videos. Extremely simple to use and takes no time to get used to it. Pricing is spot on.
ConsIt is limited - especially with the templates but that is a tradeoff I presume. Really, this is a great product for people to make simple videos!
Leah P.
April 30, 2018

“I am eager to get better at using this software”

ProsI like mostly the confidence that the entrepreneur community has in this product. It lets me know that once I get the hang of it, it will be well worth the investment.
ConsI had a hard time creating a relevant video because honestly there were too many options. For newbies, I think a better understanding and an intuitive way to implement templates would be amazing.
April 30, 2018
Cheryl S.

“Easy to use”

OverallMy experience with Rocketium has been great, the software is very easy to use. I hope to make many more videos with it!

By Rocketium on February 1, 2017
Hi Cheryl, Thank you so much for the feedback! We hope to see many more videos from you soon :)
André L.
Professor
Online Media, Self-employed
July 21, 2019

“Rocketium is worth the investment”

ProsHow fast we can have a video created and all the options it presents.
ConsIt could have more templates to choose from.
July 21, 2019
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
March 20, 2019

“Great video tool”

ProsQuick load time Easy to use Good set of templates
ConsThey can add more template categories as well.
March 20, 2019
Ari Eko P.
CTO/CO-Founder
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
October 30, 2018

“easy to make social media video with rocketium”

Overallrocketium makes creating video become easier and fast
Prosi use rocketium in their early journey, they give much value than their pricing, the proccess become easy fast video creation ios app available
Conslimit of design, and not soo good design. they need better ui and ux designer.
October 30, 2018