Apollo.io Ratings

Overall
3.9/5

About Apollo.io

Apollo is the unified engagement acceleration platform that gives reps the ability to dramatically increase their number of quality conversations and opportunities. Reps are empowered do more than just conduct outreach, they learn who to target, how to reach out, and what to say at speed and scale. We help drive growth and success by providing the means for teams to discover and utilize their organizations unique best practices. Learn more about Apollo.io

Ankurman S.
Technically Curious SDR
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
March 9, 2018

“ZenProspect consolidates sales prospecting, engagement, and coaching very well!”

Overall- Set meetings with prospects - Productivity gains as I can dial, prospect, email all in one place - Engagement metrics, reports building helps me understand the progress of the sales outbound campaigns to make data-driven decisions
ProsI'm an ex-Outreach user (sorry folks). Their product is addictive and got me obsessed with personalized prospecting at scale. But hopping around between different tools just to get the leads into the Outreach Databases was time-consuming. ZP solves this with their Prospecting tool. There are more leads in their database than you can prospect in this lifetime without violating Google's spam alerts. So that's prospecting. The sequence tool, may even be an exact clone of Outreach but it's smooth and not buggy compared to my experience with Outreach where I'd have font size errors often while composing my emails. ZP's sequencing tool comes with solid engagement metrics to make data-driven prospecting. Finally, the call transcribing feature helps to understand the sales call for coaching and prospect sentiment analysis. Research says that a winning sales call is when the prospect speaks more than 62%. Combine all of this under one hood, makes me question if the sales leadership in teams who are shelling out hundreds of thousands of dollars to different services even have heard of ZP or not. Well, VC funding will run out eventually. ZenProsect consolidates what is needed for the SDR to unleash their full potential at work. I'm a believer and think they will crush their components over the next 3 years as long as they keep offering the
ConsNot much except that their price tag on an annual contract basis can be a bit of a challenge for an internal champion like me to sell into my org.
March 9, 2018
Jacco d.
VP of Revenue Libris
Photography, 51-200 employees
December 3, 2018

“Apollo is the dark horse in the race for sales engagement”

OverallApollo allows sales teams to find the ideal clients, reach out to them and engage them to connect and sign up. What else does a sales team need?
ProsApollo provides the full solution of features that SDRs can benefit from, ranging from leads to emailing to analytics. For the advanced users there are many ways to automate and customize processes, and the team is available to help as needed, including taking feedback and improve the product itself.
ConsBecause of the many functionalities Apollo offers, there are a lot of screens and options which can be overwhelming for an admin, but it's something the team is working on and already partly addressed.
December 3, 2018
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1-10 employees
February 5, 2019

“Apollo Review”

OverallI like apollo for it's easy navigation of the main page, although I do not like its filtration systems. Does not allow real-time hiring prospects to be updated.
ProsI like the cockpit page the most of this software. I like how my tasks are instantly there. I think it kept me more accountable and allowed me to be more strategic with my accounts.
ConsI do not like how I do not get instant notifications of my open rates. I would like they to be more timely. I also do not like some of the filtering systems. I found that it was difficult to find my engaged prospects and just the ones that are "running through the machine" per say. I thought the prospect searcher did not update as timely as I'd like with new/more prospects that are actually hiring.
February 5, 2019
Akshay B.
Information Security Consultant
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees
February 8, 2019

“Apollo is extremely powerful tool but little complex to understand ”

ProsI like that it provides all the tools that I need for competitive and business analysis which directly helps my company in sales operation. From the time I purchased this tool till now, it decreased the amount of time I use in sales and market research task.
Cons1. The tool is a bit complex to understand at first because of the vast features which are good but I think there should be a little bit of improvement in user experience. 2. When Apollo shifted from ZenProspect, after that I faced a lot of issues while using the tool like wrong information while applying filters, requesting contacts, sequence report data. But Apollo addressed those issue and improving it continuously.
February 8, 2019
Abhishek S.
Co-founder
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
May 6, 2019

“Apollo is a catalyst for Lead Generation and sales ”

ProsI love that I can search for new prospects from Apollo dashboard itself using Apollo prospect searcher and select them to create an email campaign and launch them as well. It's like huge time saving for any executives or marketing professionals like myself.
ConsAlthough Apollo let you search and give you companies personnel email and numbers most of it are not verified, or maximum percentage out of total found emails were not confirmed by Apollo and it's not that good, but still it does the job.
May 6, 2019
Parker N.
Sales Executive
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
November 27, 2018

“Apollo.io - New tool that should be at the top of everyone's prospecting tech stack”

OverallApollo.io was a tool I found on a LinkedIn article that I hadn't heard much about. I launched a trial and without even thinking was already able to use it's basic features that already had an impact on my prospecting strategies.
Pros-Ability to research every company I'm looking at -Ability to identify decision makers and their relevant contact information -Great company insights and business intelligence that allows me to start the conversation informed
ConsI wish they provided more direct contact information (cell phone, direct office lines) for decision makers
November 27, 2018
11-50 employees
July 4, 2018

“One of the most thorough mail-merge I have ever used. The analytics are great !”

ProsProbably the best feature about Apollo is the analytics part. I have used several mail-merge products but Apollo is by far the one that goes really deep into the analytics part: you can literally analyse and create every indicator you want relating to your mails or even your phone calls.
ConsThe downside of using a product with many features like Apollo is that you have to spend some time setting it up. Whether it is the integrations with a CRM or the email campaigns settings, it is thorough but it requires time.
July 4, 2018
Nick S.
Director of Growth
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
August 31, 2019

“Good Prospecting Tool ”

ProsApollo makes it easy to create custom filtered prospecting lists and drip campaigns. The sequencing is a nice feature.
ConsSlow load times. Customer service and coaching to enhance tools has been just ok.
August 31, 2019
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
April 19, 2019

“I liked it but didn't love”

Prosit was nice to be able to search for contacts. also liked the prospecting and email cadence tool all in one platform.
Consdidn't always have people that I wanted (target customers). also a little confusing to navigate and didn't integrate with my CRM
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
June 4, 2018

“Better than nothing, but not my favorite”

ProsZenprospect has a wide database that you can use to find contacts from a variety of businesses. I support accounts from 1-200 employees and found it useful for this segment. Building a report is easy to do, and ZP integrates with Salesforce which allows me to cross-check if this account exists in our CRM, who it belongs to, etc. I also like seeing who from my company has contacted someone in that account previously within ZP. For sequences, I like that you can track opens and click-throughs and A/B test messaging.
ConsSequences are pretty unintuitive to set up and are very buggy. For example, enabling a sequence to turn on doesn't do anything- you must individually enable each step in the sequence to truly enable or disable the sequence. I learned this the hard way when I thought I turned off a drip campaign but it was accidentally running for weeks. I also did not like that auto-responses came into my inbox, it made it hard to track and sort through real responses.
June 4, 2018
Internet, 11-50 employees
June 11, 2018

“This prospecting tool can be used at a basic level or super detailed ”

ProsThe ability to filter through leads/companies is incredible. The features are rather robust and anytime we have run into any questions or issues, our CSM (customer success manager) has been more than pleasant to work with.
ConsThere was a minor "glitch" when we first started setting up our sequences and adding contacts to the campaigns. That issue was identified and resolved within 24 hrs.
June 11, 2018
Caleb J.
Account Development Manager
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial

“Apollo”

ProsGood email finder tool similar to LeadIQ
ConsDifficult UI and not clear enough on how to be effective with the tool
Joey B.
Account Executive
Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees
August 4, 2019

“Awesome Email sourcer!”

ProsThe absolute best tool for finding emails for prospects. So easy to use and search for people!
ConsNot super great at finding other contact info other than emails.
August 4, 2019
Peter C.
Marketing and Business Development Manager
51-200 employees
April 24, 2018

“A comprehensive prospecting tool that costs less than competitors”

ProsBeyond the price point, this tool will likely have more features than you need. Its robust email marketing tools certainly complement its ability to find the right industry, companies and titles you're searching for.
ConsIt uses a lead credit structure which makes you have to pore through data a lot longer than time typically allows to make sure you're not wasting credits.
April 24, 2018
Maxim L.
Co-Founder
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
July 25, 2019

“Great lead source”

ProsThey give away quite a lot of leads for free The onboarding experience is pretty sleek
ConsThe database quality is always the main factor in scoring this kind of services. I'd say Apollo has a decent base but still, for our narrow use-case we could only find a few dozens
July 25, 2019