Animoto Ratings

Overall

About Animoto

Online video builder for creation and social sharing of virtual tours, marketing and slideshow videos. Learn more about Animoto

Paola P.
Guest Relations
Photography, 51-200 employees
August 21, 2018

“Stunning slideshows in minutes”

OverallI use Animoto on a daily basis to produce slideshows for wedding photography clients.
ProsIts ease of use is definitely the best thing about this software. I can easily create a slideshow in a couple of minutes with a template video (something that I wouldn't even know how to do outside of Animoto), add licensed music, and tweak it, including the speed at which the images are shown and the order. This whole process used to take me at least 40 minutes and involved different sofware tools. Plus, if I had to correct a small detail of it, I would need to create everything again from scratch, and though I could save my project as I was working on it, I would need to export new versions every single time. Animoto creates videos in different sizes AND uploads them to a custom link at the same time, saving me countless hours of work.
ConsWell this is not actually Animoto's fault, but I wish I could use or upload different songs, particularly those that my clients are more familiar with. I understand this is not possible because of copyright issues, but in some countries outside of the US clients do ask for slideshows with different music choices, just for their personal use. However, this only happened a couple of times and the music options that Animotoo offers are plenty, so we were always able to give them something they would like instead. Sometimes, I felt that part of a clip could use some shortening or that I didn't want to add that particular bit, and this is not something that we can edit. Although I was able to choose a different one altogether since Animoto is designed to be quick and easy to use it lacks some customization capabilities that would be nice to have.
August 21, 2018
Nick A.
District Staff Development Coordinator
Education Management, 201-500 employees
October 31, 2018

“Image Slideshow to Music Creation App”

OverallOverall, adds another element to the classroom. I have also used Animoto to put together slideshows of my daughters that come out really well. Love the ability to share easily through a multitude of options including social media such as Twitter and Facebook.
ProsI remember when Animoto first came out. I was using it in the classroom with students to curate their images for various assignments (book trailers, public service projects, social media campaigns) etc. This was something they enjoyed. There are workarounds to do similar things, like using Google Slides or PowerPoint, or iMovie, but this takes the guesswork out of it. A simple tool to be able to merge images and video into a slide presentations/slideshow and overlay music to it. Comes out very professional looking. Students enjoy sharing these as it requires minimal movie editing experience and is a lot easier than iMovie. If you are using a LMS, I love how you can embed this inside it! Another way for teachers to be creative in how they deliver the content to their students.
ConsThere aren't a lot of features or customization, but it is pretty straightforward in that you add images, add video, and ick a song. The rest is done by Animoto. There are templates to choose from as well, but would be nice to have a few more features/animations to make it more personal.
October 31, 2018
Photography, 51-200 employees
September 7, 2018

“We create custom videos that are more than a simple slideshow, and our clients love them”

OverallUsing this to deliver slideshow videos to clients for a photo studio.
ProsThe templates are my favorite part of this software, by far. These include short clips of video, which make a slideshow that would otherwise be just a collection of photos set to music, a much more interactive piece of content that our clients love sharing on social media and with their friends. I love how easy it is to add photos, pace them, decide whether they'll be automatically ordered and paced or if I want specific timeframes, etc. I also think the music that comes with this is very nice and it almost always fits our galleries' themes.
ConsThough the templates are the whole point (and, again, one of my favorite aspects of this solution) I would also like to be able to produce the regular kind of slideshow, which I now have to go to other software such as iMovie to make. I have found that adding a solid block of text is not as easy as it maybe could be, and I also have to do it separately. Other than that, no complaints!
September 7, 2018
James M.
Director of Social and Digital Media
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
January 16, 2018

“If you need to crank out marketing video fast and with few resources Animoto is your go to solution.”

OverallFast and easy way to generate dynamic content from assets submitted by non-professionals. Also a great way to quickly generate Social Media specific video content by professionals as well.
ProsWhile we produce longer form video using editing software such as Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere we still value our Animoto subscription to create something fast and flashy. For seasonal or holiday-based promotions or events, they have some great 'themed' backgrounds. We really get use out of Animoto when we have people share their photos and cell phone videos from events we can't attend and then we are able to quickly generate fun and engage videos that really capture the event. Being able to create 'square' aspect ration videos easily is enormously useful if your primary distribution is on Social Media. Just as great is the ability to go back and re-edit the video in 16x9 quickly and easily for display on a monitor or video wall.
ConsMost of the music that Animoto has for its videos get ads placed on them when used on YouTube so we don't use them anymore and instead either upload youtube safe music from youtube or from royalty free music we purchase or own. Animoto has made great strides in creating some of their square and marketing video templates but could use some more holiday/seasonal and general styles as it has been a while since I've seen some new exciting themes.
January 16, 2018
Abigail N.
December 10, 2018

“I LOVE this Software”

OverallCreating promo videos for my client was a breeze, it was easy to create a simple but neat and attractive video using images, video clips, and some background music.
ProsI knew of Animoto but had never used until my client (A photographer in Melbourne) suggested using it to create a promo video with images she had taken during one of her event photography gig. At first I was skeptical and was considering using Lumen 5 for that since I've used it for a while and I'm very comfortable with it. But Wow, Animoto is definitely 100 times better than Lumen 5. The interface is smooth, it's easy to use, it allowed me to upload images and videos to use. It also let me create "Quotes" as opposed to a "text" slide that's simply a text and the background color. I also like how the text element has an option for Title and subtitle, I also love how I can change the font size, spacing etc.
ConsAnimoto is perfect although I wouldn't say no to the ability to crop an uploaded video, especially when the final exported video has to be within a specific time frame. My client wanted a video no less than one minute but the video she had was over 3 minutes. I had to use Movavi to cut the video before uploading it to Animoto
December 10, 2018
Nelleke P.
Dolcevia.com, Italian food and travel, largest online presence in Dutch speaking countries
January 11, 2018

“We make photovideo´s for our clients and post them online”

OverallUse it all the time, its easy and beautiful results
ProsIts easy and the results are really great looking, our clients are very happy. Lots of choice in templates and lettertypes, colors, possibilities. Well I say lots but in any case plenty enough for my purpose. We make presentations for small hotels and B & B´s and display them on their webpages, it really makes for an easy but fabulous presentation. It took a while to figure out how it all works, but in the end its really simple. The share functions are super easy and everything seems to work just fine. I even uploaded my own music for the first time, which also works fine. Although there are lots to choose from in the library.
ConsSupport is a bit difficult, no online chat. I would like it if settings could be stored as favorites, as I forget which settings I like best. There also doesnt seem to be a duplicate button, which would be usefull. I also miss a help button or a how to guide, which would have saved me lots of time in the beginning.
January 11, 2018
Sports, 1-10 employees
October 15, 2018

“Produces great slideshows and videos - overpriced”

ProsEasy to drop in video clips and photos to make really cool promo videos! We've used this for years - but only because they give us a discount on the pricing. We do love the software and the quality of videos produced. Can use their library of music or import your own. Best part is that they automatically sync to the rhythm and speed of your music so your photo transitions attractively flow with the background.
ConsIt's overpriced. They used to do a non-profit pricing package at discount, now we have to apply for that every year.....with more competition in the market, I don't know if we will continue to be willing to pay this or not to be honest.
October 15, 2018
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
September 9, 2018

“Anyone can make compelling videos with Animoto”

OverallPositive experience making professional videos with this quick, user-friendly software.
ProsExtremely user friendly software with reasonable pricing. Animoto is highly accessible and would be a great video development tool for people with limited video/design experience, or people with limited time. My team uses Animoto to create product/campaign launch videos for clients, as well as promotional videos for our own services. If you have a handful of images or video clips ready to go, you can create a short compelling video in as little as twenty minutes!
ConsCustomization of video templates is pretty limited (in terms of style, speed, layout, amount of content per slide, fonts, etc.). Templates are still great considering the ease of use and low cost. Sometimes it's challenging to fit a full thought onto a slide due to the limited number of characters Animoto allows in a line of text... but that's probably a good thing to keep videos from becoming text-heavy.
September 9, 2018
Terra G.
Director of Operations
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
January 29, 2019

“In love!”

ProsSome of the easiest video making software around. Use one of their templates or start from scratch and customize how you want. Yes, there are some limitations but I've done social media marketing videos, wedding videos, even a silly one about my dogs, and they all look professional. There are tons of music choices, fonts, colors, slide effects...it's just great all around and really easy to use.
ConsAs with most companies, you have to pay more for the good stuff like premium templates. The character max when you want to add text is very low. It resizes your pictures for you when you don't want it to. Little annoyances you end up having to find your way around but again, worth it.
January 29, 2019
Michelle S.
Owner/Photographer
January 9, 2019

“easiest slideshow creator”

OverallI've been using Animoto for nearly 10 years now. What started out as a simple tool to create photo slideshows to help boost sales (I'm a photographer) has turned into a BIG part of my marketing process. Videos are HUGE nowadays, and Animoto allows me to create custom slideshows with licensed (non-cheesy) music, which are easily shared out on clients' social media sites, etc. (Word-of-mouth marketing that actually gets people's attention.) And with their new marketing templates, I can now quickly create how-to videos, informational videos, and other things that are Facebook and Instagram-ad ready!
ProsSuper easy and quick to create custom photo slideshows and marketing videos, with template dimensions being instantly adjustable to SQUARE format to better fit Instagram.
ConsI've been using this software for nearly 10 years (and still love it), but have noticed that the license-free music library has gotten significantly less impressive over the years. Many of my favorite songs have disappeared, with not much to replace them.
January 9, 2019
Esther G.
Business Owner
December 6, 2018

“Drag and drop video compiler”

OverallI like it because they provide the templates, but for a business tool, I think it's way too expensive for such limited editing and no scrubbing capabilities. I spend hours just previewing because there's no scrub feature.
ProsI love how easy it is to import photos and videos and create a basic slide show
Cons1) The price is higher than some other editors out there. 2) getting the music timing right is a guessing game bc they don't have a scrub feature 3) previews take a LONG time to load, and you can't scrub, so if you need to test something at the end, you have to watch the entire video to get there every time.... this takes a VERY long time to do.
December 6, 2018
Sorin A.
Marketer
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
May 31, 2019

“Quickly create cool marketing videos”

OverallI've used Animoto for marketing videos over the years. The render time is fast, the templates are ok and the interface is probably the best I've ever used.
ProsI enjoyed the clean and easy to understand interface. Without it, I would've abanded it a long time ago. The timeline feels snappy. The elements don't get in your way. And each template video is split into sections, which makes it easy to only edit what you need.
ConsThe templates are probably the weakest part of the tool. While it shows that they put in the effort, the overall result is beneath Canva templates, for example. Some work well, others are way too generic to be used as is. And it would take a long time to change most of it to make it usable.
May 31, 2019
July 16, 2018

“Provides very polished videos with little effort.”

OverallI use this software to promote the schools and school programs in our school district.
ProsThe quality of the videos are incredible. Everything is drag and drop, so adding videos and photos to a project is easy. There are music tracks to choose from, and you can also upload your own. Captions and titles can be easily added. There are quite a few templates to choose from, and I am usually able to find one that matches the theme and mood of the video I'd like to create.
ConsI pay for the personal plan so I can download my videos in 720p. It is disappointing sometimes to see the templates that are not available to me because I am using a lower price paid plan. The animoto logo is still attached to the end of every video, even though I am a paid user. Usually that is reserved for the free plans, so it's very clear that animoto sees their personal plan is the no frills plan.
July 16, 2018
Events Services, Self-employed
July 26, 2019

“Excellent Video Slideshow Creations for Small Business Owners”

OverallIt has allowed me to quickly create video content for my clients that I would never have had the time to conceptualize previously.
ProsCompile my clients event photos into a quick 3-4 minute video segment that I can send to them after they pay their final invoice.
ConsI do not like the new pricing structures within the past couple years. It used to be a non-tiered plan and now it has three tiers with the lowest tier only offering 720 video, which is kind of a deal breaker for most. The next step up is nearly six times the cost of the lowest tier, which makes it not the most affordable for those that don't create more than a video a week.
July 26, 2019
Cadence M.
October 3, 2019

“Best slideshow maker in the industry! ”

OverallI've used animoto for many years to make surprise sneak preview videos for my clients from their photo sessions. Everyone loves them! It adds a nice touch to the overall client experience :)
ProsGreat variety of fun designs, easily incorporate branding, fast and easy to create memorable videos for clients
ConsIf you make a lots of videos like I do, it's a great value for the cost. But if you only make videos occasionally or are just starting a business then it might be a little too expensive.
October 3, 2019
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
February 12, 2019

“Animated slideshows that feel like music videos”

ProsI first saw an Animoto at a friend's wedding over 10 years ago. It was pretty amazing. I turned into a fan and made a few 30 second trailers out of photos for friends of mine who ran small businesses locally. It was easy to make and the templates and music choices were pretty awesome.
ConsI didn't like that the free version came out so grainy and lo-resolution, but I get it. How else are you going to pay for a product like Animoto? Premium subscriptions!
February 12, 2019
Rheetha L.
librarian
Education Management, 51-200 employees
September 18, 2018

“Great product, horrible customer service”

OverallAnimoto has since resolved the issues and brought everything back. In fact, they are looking to find out why it was all cancelled and wrote to tell me when they will receive a response. I still feel as though they need a phone, but at least they did get back to me, and I can continue on with the software which I use often. As said before, I love the product. But when something goes wrong there is little to non-existent support, so I am still waiting to get a response back after several weeks of submitting requests. Unfortunately this has tainted my view of the company. I was even going to get a subscription for my school.
ProsThe software is great. I use it a lot for school book trailers and family memories. I had this product for 10 years and never had any problems until they lost my account.
ConsI thought it was intuitive and constantly evolving for better choices, so I don't have much to say to improve.
September 18, 2018
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
May 23, 2018

“Great for educators! Think Digital Storytelling!”

OverallTeachers can apply for a teacher account which gives the teacher and students the ability to create full-length videos.
ProsIt is free and easy to use. Educators can request a free account which has more bells and whistles. It is a great tool for presentations and an introduction to video editing. Finally, it is a great tool for teaching the basics of digital storytelling.
ConsThe drawback of this tool is that it has the distracting watermark and you are limited to images if you want the free version. If you upgrade it is not much better so not really worth the money. Finally, videos can only be 30 seconds in length.
May 23, 2018
Bonnie B.
May 12, 2018

“Animoto is my go-to software for creating slide shows and social media ads.”

OverallHigh-quality slide shows and easy to put together social media advertisements.
ProsAnimoto works hard to stay current with technology and continually offers updates and improvements to their software. I have used this software for ten years and it is invaluable for creating a high-quality slideshow or social media ad in a very quick fashion.
ConsThere's nothing to not like about this software. It's easy to use, and the finished results are fantastic.
May 12, 2018
Julie C.
Art & Media Specialist
Libraries, 51-200 employees
June 5, 2019

“One of My Favorite Products”

OverallOverall, I have created some of my most powerful videos using their software. If you don't want to have to worry about transitions, etc., then Animoto is the place to go. I can't thank them enough for the quality videos that have come from their website. I've used it for videos for my school, as well as for personal use.
ProsAnimoto is literally one of my favorite programs to make quick and easy videos for our school. The great thing is that it is so easy to get a quality video without all of the hardwork. You choose one of their templates, upload your pictures, choose some music, and that's it. So easy!
ConsThe thing I like the most is also the thing I like least. Sometimes I want to add my own touches and I can't. The other thing I dislike is the cost of using their website has increased dramatically.
June 5, 2019
Maria J. C.
Graduate Assistant
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
May 16, 2019

“Animoto Use for Graduation and Promotion Videos in Graduate School ”

ProsAnimoto is EXTREMELY easy to use, I am not tech-savvy and was able to easily use this program to make videos. I have been using it for graduation videos where I put together pictures from graduating undergraduate students alongside their reflections on their program and area of study. Parents and students love watching these videos. I also made it to promote programs and classes.
ConsI would like to see more variety of video templates.
Richie R.
Associate Pastor
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
December 16, 2018

“Animoto helps us Celebrate”

OverallWe use Animoto to celebrate all of our important organizational events by creating highlight videos. I've personally created several dozen Animoto videos that help tell the story of our specific events. Whether we're celebrating a community event, highlighting service activities or honoring our volunteers - Animoto helps me easily insert photo or video memories and uniquely capture highlight videos. We love it!
ProsI love the ease of use with Animoto - just select a style, settle on a song and add pics/videos - it's simple! I can create full-length videos for our organization in minutes.
ConsI wish that there was a way to indicate the location of each photo/video on the final video screen. Sometimes I'd rather align a photo left or right based upon the content of the photo. I'm not able to be creative in this way, because the appearances are randomized.
December 16, 2018
Michael J.
Senior Instructor of Counseling
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
February 14, 2018

“Fan for life”

ProsEase of publishing and editing videos. I like that I can use my own music or music from the vast library they have. They have accounts for Education and I use it at my school as well.
ConsI like that the Education accounts are free but the signing up process for getting your students accounts can become a little bit laborious especially since you have to renew the license each year. It is still free so I won't complain too much.
February 14, 2018
Michelle K.
August 6, 2019

“What a fun little app!”

ProsWhat I love most about this app is that it allows me to make a wide variety of slideshows with tonssss of template/text options. I think slideshows are one of the best ways to showcase photos especially if there is music in the background. This app does an amazing job of allowing you to truly FEEL all different emotions while creating/viewing the finished product.
ConsNothing really, haven't had one single issue!
August 6, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
March 26, 2019

“Animoto Review”

OverallGreat software recommended for anyone wanting to make animated videos with ease.
ProsAnimoto is an EASY to use video maker software. Anyone can use it right out of the box to make great sliding presentations or other types of videos.
ConsSubscription based, and without paying you will have the watermark from them in your videos. Would be great if they lowered the cost as there are other options out there as well, and some have a set price.
March 26, 2019
Aimee M.
November 13, 2018

“Love all the options”

OverallOverall, good software. I'm able to quickly produce good videos/slideshows.
ProsI love all the options...the music library is huge and there are plenty of designs available. The direct link from Lightroom is a game changer!
ConsWhile there are a lot of design/template options, I would like more. I make about 50 videos a year and haven't seen many new designs over the past 2 years.
November 13, 2018
Automotive, 1-10 employees
October 16, 2018

“Time Saver!!!”

ProsOur company would make a lot of videos with minor changes in AfterEffects. We decided to check out a software that saves more time. This completely changed the way we do our digital marketing. Extremely easy to use, greate templates, and awesome videos! If you are wanting to have a lot of control on how your videos look, this might not be for you. If you are trying to get a nice video done that looks like it took you an hour, this is for you!
ConsSometimes photos will look blurry and some slides will look glitchy, even after looking over the quality of the photos. I wish there was more options to customize the smaller details, but for the money and the time saved its totally worth it!
October 16, 2018
Harmanpreet K.
Sr. Software Developer Level 2
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
August 23, 2018

“Awesome video maker tool.”

OverallI love Animoto. I have created lot of personal and business videos on Animoto.
ProsIt is awesome cloud based video maker tool. It allow users to create beautiful videos and slideshows. It is very easy to use and provides user friendly platform to create, share and download presentations. It allow users to create personal and business slideshows. It provides lot of templates like birthday, holiday, valentine etc. Users just need to select photos, videos, audio track and template, after couple of minutes awesome video is ready to play and share.
ConsSometimes users need to cut or merge audio track and videos before creating slideshow on Animoto, it does not provide that feature. Users have to use another tool for that purpose.
August 23, 2018
March 15, 2019

“Slideshow Wizardry”

OverallWanted to like, and I don't actually think this is a BAD app, it's just that I'm a creative control-freak and Animoto has JUST enough customisation that I was tricked by the illusion of choice. Another app, "M," has a mode with zero control except for the photos you choose. You can't even change the order. And knowing that, it's easier to accept the not-controllingness bit. But a few TINY choices make this a "Thanks but no thanks!" for me. :/
ProsI can't lie: if one were motivated to produce a not-quite-narrative--an advert or "spring break memories!" type video, a tutorial, even--in a few minutes, it would be fine. Animoto lets you drop your media into a box that you then distribute across their templates (which are fine) or into a from-scratch video, and boom.
ConsIt's not very powerful and hasn't many options--which is fine in some cases. You can change fonts and the order of your media. Something about the way their fonts lay in the video is just UGLY, though. Their animations are... hmm. And their templates only seem to look decent if one's media is professionally-shot. If you have an idea in mind (ie narrative notions or original editing style), skip this one. If you like using animated gifs, keep on looking. (NOTE: You CAN import a gif, it's just that it won't be animated in your video.) Also, the layout of the web app is pretty but not very intuitive.
March 15, 2019
Mindy L.
Freelance Graphic Designer
Design, Self-employed
March 5, 2019

“Beautiful Video Creator”

OverallUsing Animoto really gives my brand a professional look. (I used this to make DIY videos as well as personal videos)
ProsI love how beautiful and professional my videos come out using Animoto! The slide transitions are smooth and you can even add videos as well as pictures and text. You can also add music and the library is pretty big.
ConsI would like to make longer videos for free and upload my own music and fonts.
March 5, 2019
Emma H.
April 18, 2018

“Amazing”

ProsI love Animoto. I am a wedding photographer, so I use this Animoto to create slideshows for my clients. It's very easy to use and client love to see their photos set to music. You can also add little video clips. So cool.
ConsI haven't found anything worth listing it as a con. I have thought sometimes that it would be nice to have more control over trimming songs.
April 18, 2018
Maria m.
Mar
June 7, 2017

“Always a quick and easy way to create video.”

ProsIt's easy to use and the quality is decent. They have a good music selection and it is easy to get on youtube and share.
ConsLimited ability to go beyond the templates. Limited ability to type in the images. It would be nice to be able to write more on the images. It is just a very basic program for videos. We will more than likely be looking to upgrade to something a little more technical.
June 7, 2017
Aimee M.
March 6, 2018

“Easy To Use”

ProsThe best part about Animoto is how how easy it is to use. I've used other slideshow building sites and this is by far the easiest to navigate. Customer Support gets 5 stars based on the fact that I've never had to contact them.
ConsI don't like that my clients can't download the show to their own devices. I'd rather not have to deal with loading a USB drive and delivering to them. It would be great if the music library would give me suggestions based on songs previously selected.
March 6, 2018
Christopher J.
May 16, 2019

“Best Photo to Video App on the Planet!”

ProsI loved the simplicity in uploading my photos, adding my own royalty free music to the final video. Its always exciting to see what the end result turns to out. The icing is watching my clients see their video for the first time. Priceless!!
ConsAbsolutely perfect product! I would not change anything about it.
Design, 11-50 employees
April 2, 2019

“Great for eye catching videos!”

ProsWe use animoto to create custom video banners for our facebook page, as well as product spotlight videos. They really catch the eyes of our customers. I love that it is so easy to use, and a lot of the time, I just have to add pictures and then animoto does the rest. Very rarely do I need to do a ton of editing to get a good video!
ConsI wish I could adjust placement on some of the pictures, as far as where they fall on the screen
April 2, 2019
Theresa E.

“Photographer Review”

ProsI like the different music and template options this software offers. I like how creating a video for my clients adds that extra something to their photography packages. The videos are also great for marketing and attracting new clients!
ConsThe least i like about this software is the that you have to have a membership in order to use it, would be nice to have the option to make one video and pay for that one video in case you dont need to make more than one every now and again.
Libraries, 201-500 employees
September 17, 2019

“Best for slideshows”

OverallOverall I have had nothing but positive experiences with this tool. Highly recommended for business, personal users, and even the less tech savvy users (like me).
ProsThis is the best movie/slideshow making tool out there, in my opinion. I use it for work and personal use, and have made graduation/senior tributes, wedding slideshows, and memorial service presentations.
ConsIt takes a little bit to get the hang of formatting photos and adding music, but still way easier to use the iMovie or Powerpoint.
September 17, 2019
Audra W.
Admissions Assistant
Higher Education, 11-50 employees
July 16, 2019

“Animoto in the classroom ”

ProsStudents love using it for projects & presentations. It's a creative & technology driven way for students to express what they have learned with others.
ConsIt is a little difficult to use at first so many students become frustrated. Once they gain an idea of how to use it they love it.
July 16, 2019
Nicole B.
Scheduling coordinator/social media professional
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
August 9, 2018

“Make videos that look professional easily ”

ProsThe ease of use, the already created themes.
ConsThe set up is great very cookie cutter and easy peasy, I do not like how it constricts my creativity in not being able to go outside of the box. You place the photos in the boxes and pick your music and Animoto does the rest. Not saying that's a bad thing for everyone, but it would be nice if you could choose different transitions and choose how long each picture is displayed besides the music length and the ability to star photos.
August 9, 2018
Cherie F.
Real Estate, Self-employed
February 15, 2019

“Great video design program”

OverallVery happy with this service
ProsGreat program to design marketing videos and property showcase videos
ConsIt's a bit expensive compared to others and missing some features that would be good, such as changing colors to some templates
February 15, 2019
Brittany W.
Business Development Executive
Plastics, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
January 28, 2019

“Professional looking Content”

OverallWe will use this again, we were impressed by the amount of useable stock within the program.
ProsI have zero experience in creating content prior to using this, that being said this was very easy to use and got great results! It has an extensive stock photo gallery to use. I really enjoyed the amount of templates to choose from. We cant spend a ton on marketing and this gave us a few inexpensive options to create content easily and gives the feel of professional content.
ConsUnless you pay for the largest package they offer, they will watermark the Animoto name on all the videos you create. its only at the end but still not a plus. Does not anticipates needs like other software's and will require you to add additional edits on your own.
January 28, 2019
Greg D.
February 8, 2018

“Animoto makes slide show and video creation easy.”

OverallAnimoto allows me to make slide shows and videos that look great and post easily to social media accounts or online ads.
ProsWhat I like most about Animoto is that it is feature-packed and user-friendly. I can use it to create high quality videos for social media posts, presentations, and ads with ease. I can make videos of any length and make them square or rectangular. Animoto's audio library is huge and hold some great music in a variety of moods, tempos, and lengths. I like using it, because I know that I have permission to use any of the royalty-free music without violating any copyrights.
ConsWhat I like least about Animoto is the lack of a video clip library. If you want video in your presentation, you have to upload it yourself.
February 8, 2018
Sharon C.
Principal, Ambassador Christian Academy
June 9, 2017

“We use it every year for our graduation ceremony videos. Great program.”

ProsEase of use - It is so easy to learn how to navigate the program. I can do it myself and don't have to rely on my computer-savvy assistant to help me!
ConsI wish there were more song choices to go along with the templates you choose for the slide shows. They are nice, but not always popular.
June 9, 2017
Laurence J.
May 7, 2019

“Quick & easy videos”

OverallIt provides a way to show images to clients
ProsThe ease of use & instant wow factor that can be generated from my images
ConsThe lack of control. As an example, you never quite know if your images will be cropped.
May 7, 2019
Justin H.
Garden Director
Environmental Services, 1-10 employees
October 3, 2018

“How to impress your community without any real editing knowledge: USE ANIMOTO. ”

OverallOverall, I am so thankful that I discovered Animoto. I have impressed many people with our slideshows.
ProsI love how easily it makes professional looking slideshows. A nice retreat from other clunky slideshow options.
ConsMonthly subscription versus just buying a single video.
October 3, 2018
August 22, 2019

“Great, easy to use slideshow software”

OverallOverall, my experience with Animoto has been positive and has enabled me to present my clients with high quality slideshows of their photo sessions to view on their computer, television and other electronic devices.
ProsI loved how easy Animoto was to use and I really enjoyed their music selection. They offered music for just about any occasion to go with the slideshows that you make.
ConsThere really isn't anything that I didn't like about using Animoto. If anything, I wish the price was a little lower, but if you use it a lot, it's a great value for the money.
August 22, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
July 29, 2019

“Best starter video creation tool going”

OverallAnimoto has remained a basic tool in my video software arsenal. I know what I can accomplish quite quickly with it, so I can identify and schedule certain projects for completion in a short amount of time.
ProsThe best thing about Animoto is the ease of use for anyone, not just video editors, to create professional-looking videos. Easy-to-use means that you'll create more content in less time which is half the battle in content creation.
ConsThere are limitations to what can be customized in this video software, but it still covers all the basics pretty well.
July 29, 2019
Sherah R.
Marketing Manager
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
May 19, 2019

“Doubled the price during trial and won't hour original”

OverallI signed up for the free trial at a work conference where it was recommended, and then a few weeks later, got approval from my boss to purchase. In the short time from signing up and getting approval (I was still on free trial), the price exactly doubled. I contacted Animoto to see if they would honor the original price. It took over two weeks to get an answer from them, and they said they can't do anything about the price increase. Extremely disappointing. I will be looking elsewhere. Do not recommend.
ProsIt was recommended to me, and I trialed the software. I found it to be easy to use and was looking forward to using it regularly in my marketing role.
ConsThe customer service is very slow and really useless. The price going up exactly double and them not honoring the original sign up price.
May 19, 2019
David J.
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
December 21, 2018

“slideshows that match the beat of your music”

ProsI love Animoto, used it since the beginning, it has made me so much marketing material to show off my photography work.
ConsI would love the option to do instagram stories format video.
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
October 6, 2018

“Automatic, entertaining movie generator”

OverallAnimoto has been a go to software for me for many years. I have used it for small business advertising, my own college class projects, my daughter's pre-k class projects, invitations and show and tell videos.
ProsThe results the generator produces after you pick and choose your music, photos and animations. The site will provide a preview in the style you pick and if you are curious about other styles you can swap them before production.
ConsThat is it not totally free. The company provides a free trial but there is a watermark that overlays the video after production.
October 6, 2018