RB Control Systems Ratings

Overall

About RB Control Systems

RB Retail and Service Solutions gives business owners the tools to be successful. We have the software solution for your business, whether you operate multiple locations, one service route, or anything in between. Learn more about RB Control Systems

Jerrad K.
Self-employed
March 27, 2018

“Awesome. Exceeded expectations. ”

OverallI can bill customers out so much easier, inventory management is simple, I can focus more time on service calls and generating money rather than deal with a POS system that takes forever to get things done.
ProsIt's easy to use. I used another POS system last year and I had to switch to RB controls before my contract was up with the other system (I still have 1 year remaining on that contract). To simply say it, RB is just better in every way. One feature that is nice is the ability to attach photos to customers in their file. I attach liner drawings, safety cover drawings, etc to make it easy to reorder when the time comes around. What's nice is when you need help, RB is there to help you. I've had to call tech support numerous times asking for help. Instead of just fixing the problem for you, they take the time to show you how to fix it or make any adjustments you need and they aren't bothered to help. It's refreshing, the customer service is second to nobody.
ConsThat I didn't switch to RB controls sooner... seriously. I can't think of any cons off the top of my head.
March 27, 2018
Steven F.
Service Manager
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
March 28, 2017

“Great product for the pool industry.”

OverallWe have been using RB Control Systems for many years now and have really enjoyed our experience with it. This is a much more intuitive management software compared to the other alternatives available for pool companies. The Mobile Live feature that was recently released has helped us bring out service department into the modern age. The outstanding support staff has always been extremely knowledgeable and happy to help.
ProsVery easy to use.
ConsBefore Mobile Live was released I would say the inability to use this in the field but with the innovations happening I do not really have any complaints.
Recommendations to other buyersHope RB Controls continues to implement suggestions and improve its product. Seems to be getting better every day.
March 28, 2017
JESSICA T.
Service Manager
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
February 14, 2017

“CUSTOMER SUPPORT”

OverallEveryone at RB is always very polite and helpful. Logan has an awesome, up-beat personality and is always a joy to talk with. Ashe is also very friendly and helpful! We always get the help we need quickly and if there is a problem that prevents an immediate solution, everyone communicates with us and keeps us informed on what is happening so that we're in the loop.
ProsEase of use, fast and readily available support, functionality, constant upgrades and changes made to improve the efficiency of the program.
ConsLimitations on changes that can be made in certain areas/reports/handouts.
February 14, 2017
Stephanie B.
Retail Manager
August 15, 2018

“Awesome customer service!!”

ProsDefinitely makes your job a lot easier, keeping track of the records and sales is a huge plus. I would like to thank customer support who assisted me. I called to ask a question, he helped me. After hanging up he called me back and stated he found a easier way for me to do what i was trying to do. That is a huge plus, anytime we need assistance they are available.
ConsRB does a lot of things, there is not any complaints on our end.
August 15, 2018
Donna W.
Business Manager
February 21, 2019

“update to system”

ProsUser Friendly, a lot to learn, but once you get pass this, its ideal for the Pool Industry
Cons#1 complaint from day one, unlike Quickbooks, you can't go in and make a change in the description of a part in inventory or just delete it completely if you no longer purchase, use or don't want it there. You can put it in to a inactive file, but if that part has 3 or 4 descriptions, its very time consuming.
February 21, 2019
Victoria N.
Executive Assistant
March 14, 2018

“RB Control Systems is the only software we use and we are extremely satisfied with the product.”

ProsThe software is very fluid and easy to learn. It provides many functions for the different areas of a company (ie. inventory, scheduling, retail sales, accounts receivables, etc). It's easy to teach to new employees. Just like with any software, there has been a few glitches here and there, but it's always fixed within a reasonable timeframe with minimal interference to daily operations.
ConsThe only issue we've ever really experienced with the program is with the revolving service - but it's more due to preference than an issue with the program itself.
March 14, 2018
Donna W.
business manager
December 15, 2017

“Team support is fantastic, everyone is always very friendly and right on top of everything.”

ProsThe ease and use of system. The ability to email to vendors. The ability to call tech support and get immediately response.
ConsThe ability to delete duplication and/or change items in inventory. The ability to start and stop a sales order without having to void it first. The ability to delete duplication or adjust a customer's account in AR easier than it is without having to write it off without showing in QB. .
December 15, 2017
Billy C.
February 11, 2017

“Up the Creek without a Paddle”

OverallWhat an eventful Winter, November 21, 2016, windows on my host computer decides shutdown and reinstall windows. So the fun begins! I didn't panic yet because I knew the system was backing itself up on the other computer up front. So , I called RB Tech support to help with the process of recovering the data for RB and resolve this matter quickly, but there is a problem. My computer stop backing up in June 2016. So, now what? It's ok because I had setup off line backup with another company just need to make a call and down load the data. All is good right? Wrong, the data was not be backed up for some reason not sure. Not only did we loose RB data but everything else as well, like Quick books. Now I am not sure what to do but, Logan to the rescue. He was pretty confident that I would be able to retrieve the data from the drive with the help of a data recovery service. After some research we found a company in New York that supposedly could recover the data. After 5 weeks got the data back but nothing was usable, what a pickle. So, just out of desperation I stop in a local computer repair store were the store owner said he would try but if the specialist couldn't then he probably could either. Two day later and we are in business he got the data back. The Fun begins Logan (RB Tech Support) started installing everything back to normal. Now we are up and running and RB is doing our off site backup. I must say Logan and the tech support team has been phenomenal during this troubling time and have went out of there way to provide me with the most professional and knowledgeable service available. THANKS RB TECH SUPPORT!
February 11, 2017
Christi R.
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
August 6, 2018

“Amazing product for swimming pool companies”

OverallFantastic. Customer support is great too
ProsIt's geared for swimming pool service and retail companies, and since it is for the pool industry there are a lot of cool features! It helped our company get so much more organized with scheduling and payments, and the point of sale module is great.
ConsSome things are finicky, and some of the things having to do with invoicing aren't 100% streamlined.
August 6, 2018
Lorina Z.
June 11, 2018

“Overall very few issues with the program. Easy to use, user friendly.”

OverallVery functional. Allowed us to better streamline our retail and service systems and still communicate with our Quickbooks system on the back end.
ProsEase of use. Very functional for our retail and service needs. They listen to what clients want and update the program to meet our needs.
ConsDoes not have a few functions we would like to see, but they are in process of adding them. There are occasional 'hiccups' but no major issues.
June 11, 2018
Stacey H.
Controller
January 10, 2018

“We have been using RB for eleven years. It does everything we need and more!”

ProsThe software is simple! Implementation, training, and ease of use are key in a retail environment where new staff are coming on every season. The software is complete! From POS to service scheduling, we can do it all in one platform without purchasing other programs (exception QB's).
ConsI would prefer that more of the data is exportable. That the sales reporting would show YTD comparisons.
January 10, 2018
Heidi B.
Sales Floor Manager
September 29, 2017

“Amazing! Only person who could fix our problem!”

OverallEase of use, easy to keep track of customers information & scheduling. There are so many benefits to using Rb Controls.
ProsCustomer service is so much easier! RB Controls is great, especially their customer service! If we ever have problems they are always fixed quickly and they take the time to explain what happened!
ConsCalling in for support - you can be on hold for a long time. But it is always worth it when you get through!
September 29, 2017
Eric C.
VP
Retail, 51-200 employees
January 30, 2017

“Best Software we have ever purchased!”

OverallWe have been using RB for over 10 years and never plan to switch! They are a great company to deal with and are always improving and adding new features to the program. We highly recommend the software to ALL pool & spa professionals!
ProsHow it encompasses all of the areas of our business and it's ease of use.
ConsIf I had to pick something, which it isnt even that "bad", I would say the inner office email system could use a revamping.
Recommendations to other buyersIts well worth the investment!!
January 30, 2017
Amanda D.
Retail Store Manager
October 23, 2018

“Help with Batch!”

OverallOur reps helped us figure out a large issue and I can't thank them enough for working hard to resolve this issue!
ProsRB is a really easy program to use once you learn! Ease of access makes for speedy transactions and happy customers
ConsThe glitches are what I like least about the software -- however I appreciate how quickly your developers and entire team are able to find the errors!
October 23, 2018
AILEEN B.
Administration
February 23, 2018

“Helpful, patience, knowledgeable, quick response to problems”

Overallalot
ProsThis is an easy data base that anyone with minimal accounting or computer skills can set up the information and do the daily work.
ConsI'd like to see more perfection with the design of invoices, making sure that there is a uniform look for print size, font, also someone in RB needs to set up the customer address with out commas etc. for bulk mailing requirements
February 23, 2018
Rikki M.
Sales Associate
August 10, 2017

“This is a great program, everytime I need help they help and fix it!”

OverallIv'e learned a lot of things i've never even known about.
ProsIf they don't answer and you leave a voicemail, they call back in less than 10 minutes. They always help me with problems that I cannot figure out my self, (plus im not good with computers)
ConsI haven't had any problems with the software so far. Some days RB will act a little slow but thats the only problem iv'e noticed my self.
August 10, 2017
April H.
May 25, 2017

“Overall, Very happy. System easy to use and customer support is excellent. ”

ProsThe ability to manage a service dept and retail store in one program. Most systems did not have that ability. Also the easy entry into QuickBooks saves tons of manual accounting entries.
ConsLack of notice of feature changes. When there is an update or feature change and email with advice on new changes and how to use them would be great.
May 25, 2017
Heidi B.
Sales Floor Manager
May 10, 2018

“Easy to use and great for the pool and spa industry! ”

ProsThis system was made for this business! You can easily save customers information for future reference!
ConsMy least favorite thing would be the fact that you cannot two screens open at the same time. It would be nice to not have to quit out of what your working on to set up a work order.
May 10, 2018
elwood r.
store mgr.
December 7, 2017

“excellent- great system knowledge”

OverallTaylored for pool store use
Proscomplete access to all information, tremendous versatility, can generate all the information that we could ever need. The system is very easy to use .
ConsIt would be better if I did not have to log in every screen every time I need information in a different report area
December 7, 2017
Tony J.
SALES/ASST MGR
November 28, 2017

“GREAT FOLKS TO WORK WITH- ALWAYS READY TO HELP!!”

ProsMAKES THE BUSINESS RUN SMOOTHER! LIFE BEFORE RB WAS FILLED WITH HAND WRITTEN SALES TICKETS AND SERVICE CALLS.
ConsWISH MOBILE LIVE COULD DO EVERYTHING THE MAIN SYSTEM WILL DO(I REALIZE IT IS A WORK IN PROGRESS). WOULD LIKE TO SEE A REMINDER SET UP FOR WEEKLY SERVICE ROUTE FOR ITEMS THAT NEED TO BE RETURNED.
November 28, 2017
Lisa J.
June 1, 2018

“Staff provided outstanding customer service. Polite and professional. they were able to solve the issue”

ProsEase of use. The ability to track customers quickly and accurately, create quotes and sales orders.
ConsNot able to delete part numbers. The ability to create sales orders when in 'customers' instead of having to log out and go into sales orders or cash register to save time.
June 1, 2018
David P.
Project Manager / IT / Marketing
March 23, 2018

“The tech support is always able to answer any questions we can throw at them.”

ProsOn the top of the list would have to be that we can almost always figure out how to get tasks completed on our own. If tech support is ever needed it's always just a phone call away.
ConsI wish the software would better integrate with more modern Word/Excel software. Tech support at the busiest times can sometimes be challenging to get through to. Besides that the software is very intuitive and the product support is second to none!
March 23, 2018
Eric P.
January 3, 2018

“Logan was great”

ProsI like how the software can run our entire business. Technical is always great very fast to help solve our issues.
ConsRoute needs improving its hard to not see where your going to plot, Over all the software is great I am looking forward to see how Sequel is going to work.
January 3, 2018
Adam J.
December 6, 2017

“We love RB Control Systems and have been using it for 12 years! ”

ProsSuper easy to use! Customized for our industry! Excellent support staff and they take suggestions from users to constantly improve the program!
ConsThe ONLY negative is that it could have more marketing capabilities. However, they are working on adding more of these type features.
December 6, 2017
Emily W.
Store Manager
November 13, 2017

“Logan in Tech Support was awesome when I had an issues with transferring data.”

OverallEasy access and understanding on records, data, inventory, etc.
ProsTechnical Support is always helpful and willing to fix any issues that I may be having. It's over all easy to use.
ConsSometimes I'm confused on inventory settings, how to connect devices, how to transfer data to my inventory counter.
November 13, 2017
Jennifer P.
Bookkeeper
February 16, 2017

“ECL review”

OverallTech team very helpful but POS reporting features don't give us what we need at time. Wish there was a self-report writer.
ProsDecent POS system; Good inventory product and invoice setup flexibility; tech team is very helpful
ConsNo self-report writer. Have had a lot of issues with device/payment manager and credit cards.
February 16, 2017
Tara S.
Operations
March 17, 2017

“New Server Upgrade - so complete re-load of RB”

OverallWOW! The customer support was amazing to work with. Very patient, and stuck with it until all our outstanding issues were resolved! Can't say enough good things about the RB support team!
ProsIt handles every department
Conssuggested changes can take a long time (to address, sometimes never)
March 17, 2017
Lorraine D.
bookkeeper

“today's support”

OverallToday support worked really hard and did a great job! He definately went above and beyond helping me to set up a new computer on RB and other questions about mobile live were answered as well.
ConsOne must constantly quit and sign into each window. You can not work in multiple windows.
William J.
January 4, 2018

“RB customer support does a great job keeping us informed and up to date.”

ProsWhat we like most is the organizational capabilities and the ability to reach out to existing customers through RB control systems to maximize potential profits.
ConsAs a company handling many different fields related to Backyard living we would like to see more fully functional tools such as emailing pictures and updates to a client on each visit.
January 4, 2018
Karri K.
President/Owner
March 7, 2018

“I have been using RB since 2007 and I love it!”

ProsI have three separate locations and it syncs them all together so I know what inventory is at all locations at any time and AR.
March 7, 2018
Kerith R.
April 23, 2018

“Still finding new things every day, this system has so much to offer!”

ProsThe customer support that is provided to the user and all the functions available to the user with in this software.
ConsIt is difficult to know and learn which report is best for what you are trying to do. Not all reports export to ex
April 23, 2018
Tom M.
February 19, 2019

“RB-a business must”

OverallNumber one-the customer service is awesome!
ProsHas all features I was looking for and the training was great.
ConsNothing so far but might have some suggestions in near future
February 19, 2019
Martina P.
May 24, 2018

“Reinstallation of RB ”

ProsThe support service, the accessibility of obtaining help, at least when we need them, and usually the outcome is satisfactory
ConsThe inability to run periods for inventory reports. Namely AP and reports that have been corrupted and do not balance to each other. Journals that you cant get background detail for.
May 24, 2018
Michael D.
Sales associate
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 11-50 employees
February 10, 2017

“Great Job!”

OverallVery quick and helpful response from my technician we really appreciate the help. Thank you -Michael Roanoke, VA
Prosease of use
February 10, 2017
Linda G.
accountant
September 22, 2017

“Logan was most helpful!! ”

ProsI am still learning how to use it...so cant honestly rate at this point. The tech support is awesome, I have called numerous times and they are always very capable, pleasant and patient as they help me with my latest situation!
ConsThe difficulty I have had trying to find the reports that I need/want. There was a great deal of confusion when we went live with this system as to how things should be entered.
September 22, 2017
KIMBERLY D.
PRESIDENT
May 24, 2017

“THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND PATIENCE!”

ProsTHE EASE OF USE NAVIGATING. VERY HAPPY WITH THE USE OF MICROSOFT OFFICE. VERY ORGANIZED WITH THE ICONS.
ConsMISSING A FEW FEATURES ON MOBILE LIVE. CANNOT USE A/R ON MOBILE LIVE. WOULD ALSO LIKE THE ABILITY TO PRINT INVOICES AT JOB SITE.
May 24, 2017
KIM B.
OWNER
1-10 employees
January 31, 2018

“DIFFICULT TO USE BUT TECHNICAL SUPPORT GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!!”

OverallTECHNICAL SUPPORT
ProsTHAT IT HAS SO MANY OPTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM AND THAT TECHNICAL SUPPORT GUYS ARE SO PATIENT WITH ALL OUR QUESTIONS!! GOD BLESS THEM :)
January 31, 2018
Jim T.
January 19, 2018

“Total disaster!... Can't believe I'm the only bad review here!”

ProsThe tech support...if this company didn't have them on the front line taking the heat, they would be out of business within a year.
ConsWay to much to list here. BUYER BEWARE!!!... The farther you get into using it, the harder it's going to get out. The mafia of pool and spa software! We're pulling the plug before it grinds our business into the ground.
January 19, 2018
DOREEN Z.
February 13, 2017

“RB is great for Swimming Pool Stores”

OverallI have had RB since 2008. It is great retail software. When you need help, they are there ready to help. I have had to wait on some phonecalls or schedule a call back, but they always called backed and helped with any problem I have had. Everyone is very friendly and willing to go that extra mile if needed. Thanks Again!!
Tim C.
April 10, 2017

“Green Valley Pool April 10, 2017”

OverallOur rep has very good customer service skills, and the whole RB team is great! Our experience with RB Control Systems has been outstanding.
April 10, 2017
trish j.

“Ga. Spa Com”

OverallThe customer support is awesome! Every time I call for help, they go above and beyond to fix the problem. Always patient and kind and very happy to help. Love them
Debbie H.

“RB Control issues”

OverallI have been on the phone with Customer support representative - he helped me when the credit card company was at a loss. He was wonderful
Kim C.
February 8, 2017

“Great software for the pool and spa industry”

OverallWe looked for quite a long time before we found RB , they were by far the best software for the pool and spa industry.
February 8, 2017
Deb A.
Financial specialist
June 20, 2018

“I requested assistance reversing some transactions and Customer support was a very big help to me.”

ProsThe software is able to handle many functions that make day-to-day business possible. This makes carrying out business processes simpler.
ConsSome features of the software work one way and some another -- for example some items will open with a double click and others require hitting enter. As a result it makes the software a bit harder to use and explain to a new user.
June 20, 2018