Less Paper Ratings

Overall

About Less Paper

Less Paper Co. creates custom-built field service management, work order management and scheduling systems to help field service businesses become more efficient in the office and the field. Because we custom build every system to each specific clients needs we can offer all of the features that you want and need in a work order system that some of our competitors can't. Learn more about Less Paper

Doug W.
President & CEO
March 21, 2018

“It's hard this product in only a few words. These guys are hands down THE BEST. ”

OverallIncreased ability to schedule, provide a visual tool to our field employees that allows them to see where they are working in the near future and also to be able to instantly create a work order for emergencies that pop up. Since one aspect of our business is storm restoration and disaster recovery for private clients. We were challenged recently with (3) severe storms in a 2 week window. While our line crews were out working for public utilities, we were able to log in client info, do damage assessment and provide detailed work orders with pictures to our field crews. Once our crews were released by the investor owned utilities we turned them loose on the private work. The results were the most productive restorations for private clients we ever had. Our General Foremen could see the work schedule and assign crews to specific tasks (such as hauling utility poles, setting poles and stringing cable) by geographic areas. Being able to track materials used and tying them to inventory helps us be ready for the next storm by generating low inventory warnings and also assists us in creating accurate billing documents along with employee time sheet and equipment tracking. This in turn will generate simplified, more accurate billing and ultimately quicker insurance claims for clients which turns into better cash flow for us. One the daily work order side we are using the system to manage a multi-million dollar project for Metro North Railroad that involves a specific work plan for over 120 sites. Each location has been loaded into our system and has a site specific work plan with plans and documents attached. As the locations are scheduled with the Railroad, they are placed on our schedule and instantly give our field crews all the required work plan and safety documents required AND allow us to collect signatures. We plan to add our tailboard safety meetings to the system shortly and have already spoken to the team on how to implement this.
ProsA TRULY customized product built for your specific needs. In the development phase- I had a laundry list of things I wanted to able to do and within a few emails back and forth with Darren we had pretty much addressed all my concerns and they were able to accommodate everything I need. Even on the on-going basis- we discover things we forgot or neglected to consider and within no time at all I get an email telling me they have a solution and when it will be implemented. I looked at many other SAS vendors and all had "one size fit's all" products or required me to buy expensive add on modules to get the software to perform as a I needed. With Less Paper, I was able to specify what I needed, what I didn't and it was all implemented in a timely, professional manner. These guys know what they are doing, they work hard at it and they are always there to answer my questions or help me with my next "do you think we could do this?" moment. I really can't say enough about this product. It's like having a magic wand and being able to create whatever functionality you can dream up. If you are looking for a reasonably priced, CUSTOM product that allows you to make changes and updates as you find the need for them, this is your product.
ConsProbably the only thing I can say that I don't like is the fact that the screen on a tablet doesn't render the same way it does on a full size computer screen (which is really typical of all mobile applications- not just this one). Sure it would be nice to have the screen look the same on your PC as your foreman's iPad but it's really just a matter of getting used to.

By Less Paper Co. on March 26, 2018
Thanks for your kind words, Doug! Please let us know if you have any changes or additions you would like in the future.
March 21, 2018
jennifer s.
Telecommunications, 1-10 employees
June 18, 2019

“"make my own"”

OverallThese guys have been totally GREAT to work with! I feel like I am constantly emailing and bugging them about something but they are always quick to respond and usually fix any issues right away. I started searching for a "mobile type" service app to help my business become more efficient. After looking at things for about 6-8 months (there are tons of things out there!) I finally decided to just "MAKE MY OWN"......most of those programs are very big and cumbersome and all inclusive....full of things that I know my guys will NOT use on a daily basis. too much stuff and steps to make a simple work order. sooooo......Less Paper Co. was the perfect option to just create a simple, useful program to enable me to keep up with techs, work orders, locations, checking in on job sites, etc.....just makes my whole work flow a little more organized. The guys at Less Paper Co. have been able to write just about anything I need. we are working on attaching inventory items with serial numbers now to help my front office keep our inventory more up to date! they are really an easy, great group to work with!
Prosit is totally customizable....I have been able to ask for several things and these guys write it into the program just like we need it to work. very specific for your needs
ConsI LOVE the software but HATE QuickBooks! I have had more issues trying to make QB work how I need it to for my billing.....so maybe the link between the two is a little quirky sometimes.
June 18, 2019
Terrance D.
Construction, 1-10 employees
February 2, 2017

“We got everything we needed. ”

OverallWe decided to go with Less Paper Co because we were having trouble finding a work order app that had all of the features we felt like we needed with our business. We needed the ability to schedule for two different office locations while keeping the schedules separate but everything else together. We also had 4 different forms that we wanted to digitize. Less Paper Co allowed us to have both of these features and many more. Our scheduling of work orders and keeping track of them has never been more efficient. We always know which customers have parts in order, when the parts come in, etc. Using Less Paper Co. also saves us over $150 a month compared to the other work order apps we looked at because we have unlimited users which is great.
ProsBeing able to schedule for multiple locations and always be able to keep track of work orders and their statuses. We also really like the integrated voice mail that automatically dispatches emergency calls to our on call tech.
ConsThe only con is that since it is web based it requires signal on the devices to work. But this has only been an issue 2 or 3 times over the last year.
LaRay W.
Construction, 1-10 employees
February 2, 2017

“Vast improvement over paper invoices!”

OverallLess Paper is great to work with! I told the representative what I was looking for a system to do and he designed it to work just as I asked. We appreciate that when a technician is finished we can view if the job is completed or if a part is on order, customers also like getting their invoice via email. After using it a while we decided to add a few features and he does so very promptly, usually within 12 hours he has it bug tested and implemented. Had a few minor bugs like how the date was displayed when using our Ipads, he had that changed very fast. What I found with Less Paper that I did not find with other industries programs available on Capterra was: 1: It does not replace my accounting system, Quickbooks works fine for me and wanted to keep it. 2: Very flexible design options. 3: Pricing, representative wants you to be happy with the product and if for some reason throughout your subscription you decide to cancel he will refund the unused portion (months) remaining on your subscription. Give them a call, you will easily get your questions answered and not be SOLD on a product by a salesman.
ProsFlexibility of design and cost.
ConsNone.
Recommendations to other buyersGreat company to work with.
Idalia S.
Service Coordinator
Computer Networking, 11-50 employees

“work order software”

OverallThe work order software is pretty easy to comprehend. For right now, this software is enough for our business but in the future as we grow, we would definitely need something more that can connect to all our systems in the office. I have worked with the outlook calendar to schedule 7 techs and this software is so much better and quicker. The customer service is the best I have ever encountered. Every time I need help, I get it. If I need support in the office, he is happy to come down and help us with our many questions.
Prosthat is very accessible, and timely.
ConsNot much. There's some things I would like to make better that would fit our way of business more but the software is great.
Recommendations to other buyersno.

By Less Paper Co. on February 2, 2017
Hi, Idalia! Thank you for the honest review. One of the great things about our systems is that we like to believe we can grow with your business. If your office systems (like your inventory management system) are internet-connected and have an API available we can probably connect with them. If you have any specific systems in mind let us know and we will check into it for you!
Chaya K.
Director of Operations
January 10, 2019

“Less Paper: More Efficiency!!”

OverallThe team at Less Paper Co. has been a pleasure to deal with. Our company has felt like they're almost our in-house developers as they've been really devoted to making the end product meet our service goals.
ProsCompletely customizable and catered to our service order business. The program created by Less Paper Co. has more than satisfied our not-so-computer-savvy customer service staff, who need a system that's very accessible and logical. The platform allows users to enter service items from multiple screens and searches, with very few clicks. They created an excellent dashboard for us that's truly functional, and also made a scaled down version for our vendors with just what they need to access. Most of all, we love that the program easily supported our need for emails and reminders to our customers. And the support has been amazing both in turn-around time, as well as understanding our needs.
ConsPerhaps I'd like to see more real estate on the screen and have a way to more easily maintain multiple tabs open simultaneously. We really haven't found any issues or glitches with the program so far.
January 10, 2019
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
July 11, 2019

“Great Software with Great Support”

ProsThe software was easy to navigate when first using it. It is nice how quick the support to add, change or delete a feature is.
ConsThe only negative I have ran into with this software is when the software is getting worked on, it causes issues for the users.

By Less Paper Co. on July 12, 2019
Thank you for the review and kind words! We've recently built in "development" mode to prevent any issues for users when working on live systems. All development is done on a copy of the system completely separate from the live one. Once development is complete and tested we push the changes to your live system so you should see improvement in that regard. Thanks again!
July 11, 2019
August 30, 2018

“Less Paper is a great company”

OverallOverall experience has been nothing but positive. When I have an idea for a new function, Less Paper's development team gets right on it and works it out for me. And on the rare occasion when there's an actual software 'bug' they get on it immediately and fix it in under one hour. Amazing service!
ProsThe software is completely customized to our operation. Less Paper has worked with us to improve our work flow and digitalize all aspect of our work order process.
ConsThat I didn't get it sooner, mostly. It is web based, so a good internet connection is a must, sometimes that's an issue in my area.
August 30, 2018
Jackie A.
Business Process Strategist
Management Consulting, Unspecified
April 30, 2018

“Amazing experience from start to finish. Customer service has been fantastic, communication great.”

OverallSaves a lot of time and helps to streamline core operations. Aids in customer communication.
ProsIt's fully customizable so it can be tailored exactly to the needs of the purchaser and the price point is amazing for custom designed cloud-based software. I love that the company purchasing can use their own language to set up various areas of the system, it integrates with Quickbooks Online seemlessly and has a really simple interface that even the less tech savvy can navigate.
ConsIt was tough to get a feel for the software when there was no demo available. Also, an app would be great but being that it's custom-built that would put costs up.

By Less Paper Co. on May 1, 2018
Hi, Jackie - Thanks for the review! We do have native apps in development for Android & iOS that are wrappers for our custom systems to allow our clients easier access to their systems and to provide more features. We'll reach out when they're available! Thanks again! - Darren Jett
April 30, 2018
David C.
operations
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees
March 28, 2019

“Fantastic company, Superb customer service, best in the industry”

Pros-customer service -unbeatable customization -lighting fast response times -the team there listens and also participates in the design of the system you need. -just a all around fantastic team
Consi really haven't found any cons they have been able to bring any ideas i have to life.
March 28, 2019
Robert B.
December 29, 2017

“Very responsive to my needs and have enjoyed working with them very much!!!!”

OverallFinally getting a system that works the way I want it to and if I need to change something it is usually completed within 24 hours.
ProsWhat is not to like. It is of your own design. You make it what you want it and they can do it!! This is also a great price for a custom system and to get the customer support they provide. I have been waiting for these guys for 7 years!!!! Trust me when I say I have reviewed/ used almost every system out there.
December 29, 2017
Artin H.
Vice-President
Construction, 51-200 employees
November 1, 2018

“Awesome Customization”

OverallThey are extremely prompt at responding to requests. They are very smart and knowledgeable in executing whatever you ask for. Nothing is too big or small.
ProsThey are able to customize everything to the way we want it. Whatever we can dream, they can do it.
ConsThere isn't something that we like least about this software. Whatever we've wanted, they've done, and it's even gone beyond expectations.
November 1, 2018
Kathy B.
Administrator
Machinery, 1-10 employees
July 16, 2018

“Best kept secret”

OverallEfficient product that interfaces with our billing/invoice system, excellent customer service and product quality. Has reduced our time/cost of invoicing to our customers.
ProsI wish our business converted from paper work orders to Less Paper - it has saved hours of manual typing and improved efficiency within our business where our customers are getting their bills quickly and accurately.
ConsAt this time, there is nothing that I can say is our least since whatever we bring the team, it is addressed and very timely. Could not think of a better company to partner with. Very satisfied with their work ethic, customer service and quality of product. Extremely satisfied.
July 16, 2018
John H.
Vice President/ Co-Owner
Security and Investigations, 1-10 employees
January 23, 2019

“Less Paper Company Review”

OverallWe are a service company that used paper service tickets on a daily basis. With Less Paper we have gone 99% paperless. From creating proposals to invoicing to syncing to Quickbooks it's all automated. The build team took the time to find out how our business runs and what services we provide and they built the software to match us. We had previously tried other similar products but they wanted us to change how we do business, this does not happen with Less Paper Company.
ProsAnswer all your questions Everything is upfront Great Tech Support The software build was custom to my business
ConsNone; the software is custom so they can do anything your business needs.
January 23, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, Unspecified
May 4, 2018

“Less Paper lives up to its name!”

ProsOur department has been able to save time, money, and resources by using Less Paper. Our employees are much more efficient by allowing the software to take care of the tedious work we used to have to do on our own. The software is very customizable which was a key factor in our decision since each service works differently.
ConsIt took a little while to learn how to use but customer service was always available and more than willing to help with every need.
May 4, 2018
Mark H.
Vice president
September 6, 2017

“Perfect for our needs with incredibly fast support and seamless integration with quickbooks online ”

ProsWe were able to keep our existing quickbooks platform and create a very easy to use system that was usable by any device our staff had. Training took less than an hour for my crew, when we realised we needed a few changes they were applied almost instantly. Support like this does not exist elsewhere in the modern world
September 6, 2017