Optimity Ratings

Overall

About Optimity

Optimity is a hyper-adaptive employee success and wellness platform. It is designed to engage employees (77-98%+) and reduce costs for employers. Using the science of micro-habit coaching, we provide a mobile-1st experience for employees. Optimity apps sync with your current routines (calendar, other apps, wearables, etc.) to form small, healthy micro-habits that help you live happier and longer. HR leaders use the Optimity administrator panel to launch Health Risk Assessments and report ROI. Learn more about Optimity

Waleed A.
Doctor
Mental Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
November 5, 2018

“great tool for reinforcement based self improvement ”

Overallhelps me improve my lifestyle
ProsOptimity is great. it helps improve yourself on the basis of the scientific principles of "rewarding behaviour ". and it has broad range of activities to help us in various aspects of our lives, from sleep, to mood, physical health including weight. the user interface is absolutely beautiful and the app just works without crashes etc. available on the web and mobile devices, whiich comes very handy when you're on the fly. and last but not the least, is compatible with my microsoft band (and a long list of other health monitoring tools of the sort)
Conseasy to cheat, means easy to just not carry activity and still get the reward requires pictures at times which is just an extra headache rewards are region locked to canada, some to usa.
November 5, 2018
Ayisha J.
ASR
June 11, 2019

“Great Functionality”

ProsThe ability to set reminders to complete activities in order to ensure that you are staying active throughout the day. The thought of instant gratification is amazing. Getting points for staying active is amazing considering that the points will allow you to redeem for a gift card.
ConsThere is no reminder that you can set to remind you to drink enough water throughout the day.
June 11, 2019
Lydia (Ruifen) D.
Business Representative
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
January 11, 2018

“When it comes to redeem the points, 3 of my redeems have not been processed since Sept 2017”

Overallknowledge of nutrition, and get fit and exercise more.
ProsFollow it to get exercised. It's good for one's health, and get points. I also follow the nutrition instructions, and change my diet. Because of Optimity, I have started to buy Avacado and Salmon. I feel healthy after daily exercise following Optimity.
ConsIt's very hard to get gift cards. My 3 redeems have not been processed since from September last year. It's difficult to communicate with Optimity. I sent email, chat, left voice mail, and my company's Executive Secretary sent emails to Optimity for me, I still have not got my gift cards while all my points are gone. Now I am scared to redeem my points. They will be gone, and I get nothing reward.
Rebecca K.
Finance Admin
Accounting, 51-200 employees
January 11, 2018

“Using Optimity has helped me improve stress management, time management and personal health goals.”

OverallBecome overall more healthy, and the rewards system is great.
ProsEasy to setup. User friendly. The activities are short and easy to complete during the work day. Helps increase water intake throughout the day. Reminder notifications to get up and stretch! Pairs with Google Fit to track my steps.
ConsExperienced a few bugs with the software not allowing me to login or participate in activities for 3 weeks. The screenshot challenges do not allow you to upload screenshots from gallery, only take a new photo which doesn't work.
Travis D.
HR Manager
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
December 10, 2018

“Outstanding tool for keeping us fit”

OverallIf I talk about my overall experience I would say Optimity has helped me a lot in improving my lifestyle. I love its feature of giving me notifications as well as reminders for keeping me update. In this sense it is no less than a blessing for me.
ProsIf I write about pros, I would say it is a wonderful product with interesting features. I like its outstanding user interface. It is helpful in a way by making us follow the nutrition instructions for changing our diet. It is no doubt proved to be helpful for one's health. Furthermore, it helps me a lot in managing time in a better way. It is very user friendly and extremely easy to set up.
ConsAlthough it is helpful but sometimes people get bore by repeating several exercises daily. Another complaint is that it is quite difficult to navigate. Except this it is a good opportunity for learning new activities and keeping us active.
December 10, 2018
Martine C.
Team lead
Human Resources, 51-200 employees
January 15, 2018

“Easy to use, features & functionality are ok”

OverallMade me aware, that without knowing I was super efficient with my organization skills and cleanliness OCD, and how simple day to day activity, like smiling or getting up to strech can count as exercices.
Prosthat it is easy to use. the functionality and features are broad enough for a large audience. The short text are informative.
ConsAlways the same exercises every day. Gets boring after a while. To many pictures to take and text to read. Doesn't get you up on you running
Facilities Services, 51-200 employees
January 11, 2018

“Easy to use - good amount of variety in activities”

Prosit's simple to use, i like the notifications and reminders. I also like the variety of things offered via the app - would like to see more options for rewards, or tracking other things than steps
Consthe water tally is annoying, seems like there could be an easier way to capture that. if you could take screenshots from your phone for alarms, music challenges it would be so much easier grocery list challenge never works
Narelle A.
Sales Administrator
January 15, 2018

“Although it is a great tool to keep you fit and help you exercise, the app is not the best”

ProsThere are many great things about optimity. I think it is great to have an app and check off things you do on a daily basis. I think it is also great to learn new activities that I can take away on a daily basis and use regularly in my life. I like that there are tips as well that I can take further and do my research on, that helps me eat better, sleep better and practice different forms on meditation. I have learnt how important it is to exercise and eat better after this app which again is very important.
ConsAlthough there are many great things about this app, there are also a few negative things as well. This app can be quite hard to navigate. For example, when you want to get your points it takes a few weeks or months to actually get the tangible item. That is the least of it. The picture portion of the app is not the best either, I don't think there really is a point in it. Maybe we should substitute the picture portion with something else, I do like the survey aspect of it, but I think something else should be added to get more points and an education form. Like pop quizzes?
Ming L.
Software Developer
Warehousing, 11-50 employees
January 11, 2018

“Overall pleased when with the product. Its gone through a couple iteration and its current is best!”

OverallLose a few lbs! Friendly company competition ;)
ProsThe UI interface is elegant; simple yet intuitive. Also, the Reward system is straight forward and easy to redeem! 1 last thing, I really appreciate the UI animations, let the person(s) who worked on it know that they've done an magnificent job. It's not too much or too little, there is enough to notice that makes the app 'pop' more. Definitely adds excitement when using the app.
ConsGets stuck on loading spinner sometimes when opening the app. Android 7.0 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
Yvette N.
Account Service Representative
Education Management, 51-200 employees
January 11, 2018

“Awesome and it reminds me to be active. ”

OverallThis software reminds me to stay active and I exercise more.
ProsThe gift cards of course. I like it because it keeps me on my feet. This is really helping me start active especially as I work from home and always sitting at my desk.
ConsAt the beginning when I started Optimity, it took a long time before the rewards were sent after I place an order. I had to call a few times before my issue gets resolved.
David S.
Team Manager, Account Services
January 11, 2018

“really enjoy this app and has really helped me become more active”

Overalllost weight, and became more fit
ProsEasy to use, can link it to other apps I use that are related. I never go a day without using the app
Consa few times, there have been issues claiming a reward or syncing your steps with other apps such as Fitbit
January 11, 2018

“Optimity is a great program. It provides wonderful incentives for employees. ”

ProsI enjoy the rewards. Optimity provides great incentives for employees to stay active. This is important, especially for people who sit all day in desk jobs. I'm glad that my employer offers fitness incentives, including Optimity, to its employees because I feel that active employees are more productive.
ConsThe activities are often repetitive. I would love to see more variety. Our employer offers fitness training to all employees but we don't get Optimity points for participating but I think we should. One small problem I have noticed for the past few months is that new rewards are rarely available to cash in. Perhaps the process for this could be facilitated so that rewards are more readily available.
Ayisha J.
Account Service Rep.
January 23, 2018

“My experience with Optimity has been great! ”

ProsOptimity encourages me to be more active as it provides various activities with the ability to set reminders. With the points obtained from completing the difference challenges, there is a variety of gift cards that you can redeem.
ConsOptimity has the same set of challenges and should increase the amount of challenges made available to its users.
Ellenita C.
Account service specialist
January 22, 2018

“It was great. love it. I wish they add more activities and important information about healthy habit”

ProsThe software is user friendly. It save time for me to go to the gym as I can do it in my house especially during my free time. The software is easy to follow and easy to remember. It is not hard to do it.
ConsI like the software very much. I gives me time to do it on my own time with out going to the gym. It saves time and money to pay extra for gym. I always do it on a daily basis so I am used it and I spend extra time doing the exercise when I have extra time.
Andrea T.
Communications Officer
Law Enforcement, 51-200 employees
January 13, 2018

“It was helpful, but frustrating at times.”

ProsEasy to understand. The tips were helpful and I liked that it gave more helpful tips that covered a wide range of things besides eating healthy and exercising such as meditating.
ConsIn the beginning, it was difficult to connect to my device. There were times that the software did an update and it "locked" me out from using it that day causing me to lose my place which was 2nd. I did have a representative try to assist me, but it didn't work.
January 13, 2018
Tyler K.
Senior Customer Service Representative
January 11, 2018

“Excellent app and idea, slow to recieve rewards is BY FAR the biggest issue. ”

ProsEasy to use, visually appealing. Informative and usually very quick. Majority of actions are able to be completed at your desk.
ConsOften crashes when uploading photos. It would be nice to focus more on desk related activities. Find a way to deliver gift cards upon claiming. Not months afterward.
Domenico D.
Admin
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
March 8, 2018

“I have had a wonderful experience using the app!”

OverallHelps to maintain fitness, builds teamwork
ProsIt's simple to download and get started. Once I started using the app I couldn't stop. It;s great for daily usage and has been very helpful in staying fit and maintaining.
ConsI don't have many if any Cons to advise of. The only thing to come to mind is when there are updates I was unable to use the app, which is common for any app update, but the wasn't a long wait
March 8, 2018
Summer S.
Administrative Generalist
Insurance, 201-500 employees

“Mindful Fitness”

OverallMoving around while at work
ProsI find that this is easy software to navigate and I enjoy all the graphics and how you can set yourself reminders.
ConsI find that navigating to the team challenges is difficult. Tracking daily water intake is frustrating to track one by one.
sarah r.
admin team
Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

“very rewarding ”

Overallhealthy active living and many different rewards
Prosit provides many good fitness and healthy living ideas that allow me to access throughout the day and night
Consit is difficult to use sometimes when having to scroll up to the top every time a challenge is complete
Jennifer R.
Underwriter
Insurance, 201-500 employees
January 15, 2018

“It's been good getting tips / challenges everyday”

Prosdaily goals and challenges, I'm taking care of myself daily and taking the time to complete challenges that I wouldn't have done on my own. I like accumulating points doing so.
Consdon't understand measurement of steps; don't know how to set up teams;
Facilities Services, 51-200 employees
January 11, 2018

“Easy to use and support is very responsive.”

ProsEase of the application. I like that the daily goals are easy to implement and keeps you on track. Great app.
ConsI find it slightly challenging to find custom goals. I have had to ask for assistance in scrolling to find a custom company daily goal.

By Optimity on October 10, 2018
Hi there, Thank you for using our app and we really appreciate you taking the time to give feedback. Custom company challenges and goals are found by navigating from the home screen where you will see an icon in the top right corner. Tap this icon to access the social feed and announcements tabs. Tap "announcements" to see what your company has been sending out lately! We hope you continue to enjoy the Optimity experience. Sincerely, Optimity Team
Fatima J.
ASR
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
September 10, 2018

“Optimity Review”

ProsThe ability to use this software on mobile devices as well as a web-based platform for PC usage.
ConsInability to manual add steps on the mobile application. To-date, this feature is only available on the web-based platform.

By Optimity on October 10, 2018
Hi Fatima, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We really appreciate the feedback! The manual add steps function has been added to the web app, where you can add your own steps as needed. To add steps on your mobile device, you will need to sync Optimity with an app or wearable device (e.g. Apple Watch). To do this, go to the home screen, select Sidebar Menu (top left), then select "Integrations". Here you will find a list of supported apps from which you can sync health data (steps, heart rate, and more). We hope you continue to enjoy the Optimity experience. Sincerely, Optimity Team
September 10, 2018
pat m.
marketing
January 12, 2018

“overall I like the platform but have experienced delays with receiving gift cards after redeeming”

Proshow easy it is to use - intuitive design elements graphs and tracking is accurate. like the timer countdown . also variety of activities
Consnothing really. if I had to pick it would be a larger variety of gift cards as well as more quantities of the popular gift cards. they sometime are not available and can be disappointing when you have saved up for it and it's no longer available
January 12, 2018
Lily P.
Administrative Assistant

“Fast and easy to use ”

ProsActivities, rewards when available, different challenges, promoting health and wellness, creative and easy to use
ConsNo rewards to redeem right now, sometimes the app freezes and closes down. Rewards are not always available
Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees
November 4, 2018

“Highly recommend Optimity”

OverallIt helps you keep track of daily routines such as water intake & exercise. It gives you advice on exercises, finances, stress relief, etc. Gives you point incentives when you reach goals.
ProsI use the free Optimity app on my Smartphone & I love it. It gives very amazing advice & helps me keep track of my healthy daily lifestyle.
ConsI wish the rewards you could get were more achievable.
November 4, 2018
Thileepan K.
Computer Hardware, 1-10 employees
April 27, 2018

“Optimity app need for everyone”

OverallI can maintain my health
ProsThis life is very busy and no time for your exercise or monitor your health, but Optimity is supported and improves your health and maintenance your body with fitness.
ConsI am a Professional, Optimity app does my everyday freshness, Optimity app assists to me and I can maintain my fitness. and health, Now I feel freshness every morning.
April 27, 2018
Mohan M.
Software Development Manager
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
January 23, 2018

“I was not doing much exercise in the past. It gives alerts and reminders. ”

OverallWeight reduction Reduced my neck and should pain Improved my healthy eating habits
ProsGiving alert and Steps Exercise can be customizable according to our profile. Instructions with pictures and videos are great. Ranking the teams and individuals with different ways is good
ConsSteps are not synced in all the screens. One screen gets updated little later.(The main home screen)
Parminder G.
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
January 22, 2018

“Optimity reminds me through out the day to complete my tasks”

OverallI'm encouraged to do more physical activity.
ProsI like that it reminds me of activities to be completed. I really like the team function of Optimity.
ConsI believe this application can be more user friendly. its confusing when navigating through multiple screens. Their should be on link to leader board where different categories are listed on same page.
Monique B.
Admin
April 19, 2018

“More Social than Serious”

ProsThis app is great for beginners or those who may be trying to get back on track with their fitness regimen. It does remind you to move around and drink more water throughout the day, but it really doesn't stand out. IMO, it is more of a socializing fitness app than a serious one.
ConsThis app is buggy at times and freezes a lot on the Android platform. It also drains your battery, Android and Apple.
April 19, 2018
chelsey m.
Office Admin
Legal Services, 51-200 employees
January 22, 2018

“always interesting to read the facts and learn new things about the health world”

Prosits easy to take a break and do the small exercises. I like how there is a description of how to do the stretches/ exercises. The facts that are provided to read about are very interesting to learn.
Conssome of the points are a little high for the gift card prices. Some of the gift cards that were avialable are now not.
Jacques J.
IT Specialist
January 18, 2018

“I like the app, it allows me to keep track of my activities and compare it to the others”

ProsI like the leaderboard, and the ability to connect my watch to it. Goals are easy to add and removed.
ConsWe should be able to go back a few days to add water, sometimes harder to follow during the week-end. The app should send text messages to remind the user to take action during the day, similar to my watch when it is time to move.
Lina C.
office Admin
January 17, 2018

“I was using it daily but because there are no rewards or challenges I sort of slack on it now”

ProsI like the guidance they provide and feedback to help support healthier choices. They provide a lot of information I wasn't aware of before.
Consnot being able to claim my rewards, give me a sense of neglect towards the program. I don't like how some activities you are not able to complete, must be error in the IT department

By Optimity on October 10, 2018
Hi Lina, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We really appreciate the feedback! The rewards platform disappears when a company no longer holds a sponsorship agreement with Optimity. In this case, you can join Optimity Community, which is not affiliated with any company and rewards are always offered. You will also be able to easily access all activities from the home screen. To do this, navigate to Settings>Group>Switch Groups to Optimity Community. You will be able to access rewards here as before! Sincerely, Optimity Team
January 17, 2018
Megha G.
Account Service Representative
Consumer Services, 501-1000 employees
January 15, 2018

“I personally love optimity”

ProsI prefer optimity because it offers me a healthy living. it is easy to live a healthy life with the short activities provided. plus free gift cards is always a plus.
ConsEven though I like optimity, I personally feel that customer support needs to improved. It takes months to process to gift cards sometimes.
Internet, 11-50 employees
January 15, 2018

“Easy to use app to track health and wellness”

OverallHealth track - and rewards!
ProsEasy to use and intuitive. Big fan of apps like Optimity that don't require daily login for them to do their job and Optimity is one of them. Great integrations. Clean design.
ConsNo major gripes about Optimity. Only desire would be for more health metrics but this would be more of a nice to have.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
September 11, 2018

“So easy, but pricey”

OverallThe customer service people were really nice and helpful as our contract sunsetted. Appreciated the referral to Google and the time they took to answer my questions.
ProsI loved Optimizely. So easy to set up a test and watch it run!
ConsWell, I started using it a while back. Loved it. But, we eventually were forced to upgrade and it became way out of our ballpark. Too bad. Good tool if you can afford irt.
September 11, 2018
Mary A.
Accounting
January 15, 2018

“We had issues with redeeming points for rewards that took a long time to resolve but all good now.”

ProsI like the Leaderboard, I like that we can compare our scores. I like how it reminds me to drink water. I like the Team options, that's new for us.
ConsSometimes I find it hard to find things. I don't like the options of Medium and High intensity, I am not sure that everyone else is using it correctly.
Andrew L.
Territory Manager

“Good so far”

ProsI like the reminders to get up and move around. The push notifications are a nice work break throughout the day.
ConsNo capability to upload pictures from photo library. For some of the camera challenges (upload playlist, show alarm being set) it would be easier to complete with a screenshot versus camera only
Eileen A.
Sr BSA
January 11, 2018

“I am a relatively new user to Optimity”

OverallDaily stretching and gift certificates
ProsOptimity is very easy to use and I like how I can use it to take stretch breaks at work. As well, collecting points for gift certs is good motivation
ConsI do not have my camera linked with Optimity and would like a way to avoid receiving any camera challenges
Shiner G.
Analyst
January 11, 2018

“Great product for a company to initiate workplace health”

Overallteam weight loss - and personal weight loss -
ProsEasy to use - All the different functions available, being able to manage each and track - Lots of flexibility.
Consneeds better sinking to other platforms such as fitbit - I don't believe if you show you updated amount of water drank, it will get pulled into optimity
Fan Y.
CSR
January 24, 2018

“I like to use the app in everyday life. Love the features and functions ”

ProsThis app is very easy to use. It is encourage you to do more excess and unlock new tasks . After using the App, my energy and health has been increased a lot.
ConsBefore there was issue to upload photos. I noticed that the bug was fixed recently by updating the app. thanks!
January 24, 2018

“its great”

Prosthe app is easy to use and helpful. I feel that there is more pros than cons to this however there are a few things that I have indicated below.
Consrewards sometimes take long to be received and when you contact via email sometimes it takes days for a response
Katrina R.
Administrative assistant

“educational. motivating ”

Overallnutritional advice. love the rewards
Prosthat it is accessible and easy to use. Love having the app on my phone to complete tasks anywhere and at anytime during the day
ConsThat every time I login on a desktop it asks me to build my profile. Not a huge issue but is a little annoying
Mireille L.
Admin. clerk/Customer service
January 11, 2018

“Motivating app and lots of fun to do”

ProsFun to challenge my co-workers, team challenges, makes me do things I don't normally do, learning new things, learn about new diets etc., the rewards
ConsRepetition with the challenges, need more options, option to add additional steps into the app, option to add more water
Deb O.
Account Manager

“Using optimity is fun ”

ProsIt's bold and easy to use. The goals are reasonable and easy to reach. It is easy to see where you sit on your team leaderboard and overall.
ConsIt doesn't work without internet connection so taking pictures outside, when required, is difficult. There is only one rewards option.
Roland S.
Account Services Specialist
January 11, 2018

“It motivates me to stay active”

OverallFantastic reward
ProsThe rewards are amazing and it keeps me stay active. It's also very easy to use and interactive. There are rarely days I go without using the app. I also appreciate the support and constant updates to improve the service.
ConsThe delay for the rewards makes me hesitant to claim. There have been instances where my colleagues would submit a claim and receive no confirmation nor reward. The claim fell through the cracks and to this day has not been resolved.
Hospital & Health Care, Unspecified
January 11, 2018

“A great motivator to get up and move as well as track my meals”

OverallExercise motivation
ProsThe fact that I can break the goal list in to chunks rather than one session makes optimity more accessible
ConsThe current lack of rewards, I believe it was to switch to a monthly subscription service that allowed earning more rewards but this has not happened yet
Sindy D.
Senior Specialist
January 25, 2018

“I really like this program, love it. ”

ProsLearn a lot of exercises that I don't think I would do in between working, watching TV or while I am cooking
ConsSometime it freeze and have to re-start it. Also some of the goal may disappear once a while and I have to add it again
January 25, 2018
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
January 16, 2018

“Overall good experience, though significant difficulties with mibands”

OverallAwareness of some activities that could improve overall health, that may not have been known before. Accountability for water intake / step count.
ProsThe software is user friendly, and easy to understand. People enjoy the tasks, and the rewards, though have asked for varied rewards.
ConsThe tasks seem to repeat frequently, so some of our users have become bored of the app / program and only complete the tasks for the points / cash out.
January 16, 2018
Maria S.
L&D Analyst
January 15, 2018

“Overall positive - the turnaround time for point redemption needs to be shorter though.”

OverallIt is good to be recognized and rewarded for trying to live & promote a healthy and active lifestyle.
ProsAs a member of the Wellness Committee who promotes this tool, I find it easy because the exercises are fun, the information is useful, the points awarded and collected are exchanged for great prizes.
ConsThe turnaround time for point redemption is way too long. Users should not have to wait months to get their e-gift cards.
Carol B.
Sales Support

“Easy to use”

OverallI would take a break from my computer and move around. Good exercise routines.
ProsEasy to use. Keeps you active. Liked the variety of activities, you can even do them at the airport when you are waiting for a flight.
ConsToo many activities per day. Could not keep up with my team. They were ahead of me all the time. I didn't know if they were actually doing the activity or just saying they did.