Virtuous Ratings

Overall

About Virtuous

We enable our nonprofits to dramatically increase giving through fundraising by personalizing communication with their constituents. We identify the giving super-powers and passions of donors so that nonprofit organizations can ask for the right thing... at the right time. Our platform is easy-to-use for less sophisticated charities, but includes robust giving, marketing and back-office solutions for the most complex nonprofits. Learn more about Virtuous

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
May 24, 2019

“Our Decision and Migration to Virtuous”

OverallWe are thrilled to be with Virtuous and are very expectant that this software will enable us to grow in unmeasurable ways. With the marketing tools Virtuous offers, the possibilities are limitless.
ProsVirtuous possesses one of the nicest interfaces out of the 10+ Donor Management systems/CRMs we looked at. The user-friendly interface and layout create an environment that is more enjoyable to work in and makes learning the software that much easier. We inevitably chose Virtuous because it offers so many automation tools that would allow us to streamline several tasks that had been managed manually. Virtuous came in clutch when Blackbaud dropped the ball. (I typically wouldn't use this opportunity to throw a competitor under the bus, however after our recent migration, it's only fair to others shopping to be warned). Virtuous was nothing short of amazing during migration period. They have always been very communicative and willing to assist. Even when our prior system was dropping the ball, they stepped in to do what they could do to ensure we were taken care of. I can honestly say that Virtuous seems to care about their customers and is on our side. Much more than most other vendors I have worked with.
ConsAlthough Virtuous has several amazing automations, there are a few limitations. One key feature we were looking for, and still hoping for, is scheduled reports. Scheduled reporting and a more relaxed import tool would make this product and 10/10. By relaxed import tool, I mean an import tool that could be circumvented or allow for more data entry when a match was found. Other than that, the only other area that could be improved is customer service that could be reached by phone or live chat.
Steve C.
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees
August 17, 2017

“Incredible value for powerful industry-leading features”

OverallVirtuous is constantly evolving to meet the demands of a competitive marketplace. I've tried some of the other DRM services, and they were bloated and unwieldy. Something as simple as generating a year-end tax receipt was laborious and time-consuming. Virtuous removes that layer of complexity and puts you in control. It is flexible, extensible, and expandable with the click of a few buttons or keystrokes. I would highly recommend Virtuous to any non-profit organization looking for an affordable donor relationship management solution.
ProsIt is extremely easy to use. The Virtuous team has obviously invested vast amounts of time into determining the most intuitive way of doing things, such as creating projects or gifts, editing donor information, creating volunteer opportunities, or running queries or reports.
ConsI'm having a difficult time coming up with any cons. I can honestly say there's nothing about Virtuous I don't like. Support staff is very accessible, so if there's ever been anything I was unable to accomplish, they were able to walk me through how to do it.
August 17, 2017
Johnny A.
Director of Development
Museums and Institutions, 11-50 employees
May 24, 2019

“The Best People Make the Best CRM”

OverallEverything about Virtuous is easy and fast. Virtuous has made learning a new CRM simple. I can manage donors and gifts easily and quickly and when I need help, I can onboard staff in snap.
ProsFor me, Virtuous is about simplifying the typical CRM into a useful, efficient, and powerful tool. Add in Virtuous's automation features and, in my opinion, you get one the best CRMs at a great value. Now, add in some of the nicest people in the business, who really care about you, and you have the best CRM in the world.
ConsWhile Virtuous is fantastic, it's also still growing. Some features are missing but they're getting added all the time. To make the automation even more powerful, I would love to see a Zapier integration.
Claire D.
Administrative Assistant
May 31, 2019

“High Quality, Comprehensive Database Management”

OverallVirtuous has enabled us to save money, and consolidate much of the other software we use for a variety of tasks, including sending out emails blasts, entering donor data, keeping track of fundraising, and more.
ProsThe support team is incredible and highly responsive. The capabilities of the software are far-reaching and make it so that it could be the only software we need for sign-ups, donations, volunteer management, emails, donor data management, and mailing lists.
ConsThe ease of use and versatility of the email system, Virtuous Marketing, could be improved, as well as minor bugs/quirks throughout CRM. That said, however, the frequent updates to the system are continually addressing such bugs, and only get better with time and more use.
Corey C.
West Coast Director of Development
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
August 4, 2017

“The whole experience with Virtuous has been phenominal....”

OverallI would highly recommend Virtuous to any non-profit out there that wants to grow there giving and make there whole home office process much more efficient.
ProsThe technology is second to none. It has so many features to help our team stay organized and up to date with all communication with our database. The tools Virtuous offers, is helping us increase our giving and streamline our work flow. The Team at Virtuous has been easy to work with and extremely helpful through the transition process.
ConsThere is obviously some adjustment period from the old system we were using to Virtuous and getting use to all the tools they have. The Virtuous Team has been there every step of the way through this process, which has made the transition easier.
August 4, 2017
Quinton H.
Bible Resource Publisher
11-50 employees
February 6, 2019

“Top-end CRM with a personal touch”

OverallWould definitely recommend this product and service for mid-size, non-profit companies looking for big bang for the buck. Plus, the customer service and personal training offered by Virtuous is second to none. Consider this as a strong contender in the CRM market.
Pros- Ease-of-use - Deliverables - Customer service and training support - Nice visual data representation - Powerful - Secure - Awesome preexisting reports, plus options to manipulate as needed - Exactly what I needed to manage donor relationships and more!
Cons- Jargon took some getting used to, but otherwise no complaints - Doesn't seem to integrate seamlessly yet with MailChimp
February 6, 2019
Brandon W.
Annual giving manager
May 24, 2019

“Great platform; still in development”

OverallAlthough it's live, functional, and an overall great platform, Virtuous is still a work-in-progress in somewhat early-stage. Dev team is still working to streamline some of the fundamentals. If you go into it knowing that, you'll be perfectly happy. If you go in thinking you'll be using a "matured" software, you will get frustrated.
ProsUser experience and design is grade A. A lot of cool functionalities that most non-profit CRMs don't have.
ConsQueries are a little wonky compared to other nonprofit CRMs I've used.
Dwight S.
Executive Director
April 10, 2018

“Easy to use, reliable, prompts giving data and history”

OverallEase of tracking donors. Ease of identifying donors that have lapsed. CRM system that really works and serves both the donor and the organization.
ProsVirtuous takes the guessing game out of nonprofit development work. Virtuous prompts you when donors have lapsed or when there are important events in a donors life. They are all about relationships and it shows in their software.
ConsThe only thing that I could possible say is that I wish their was the opportunity to add on a peer funding application for our donors. Which may simply be something that I'm simply not aware of at this point.

By Virtuous on May 1, 2018
Thanks for the glowing review Dwight. I will talk to our dev team about the peer funding for donors, if we have a solution for that I will have someone from Customer Success reach out to assist you. Thanks!
April 10, 2018
Bill T.
British Board Member
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
October 10, 2018

“Great program!”

OverallGreat idea but a bit tough for some old folks where in the world internet is a problem! Wonderful that supporters can be encouraged in days instead of weeks well done !!
ProsThe fact that it is so quick and I can write to supporters so much faster to thank them! I can see if the giving is up and down and we can get figures for the accounts so much sooner! It also tells me of those who have not given recently and I can get maps of area where they live and this is fantastic for travel and deputation work!
ConsTakes a time to get to grips and need a simplified manual! It is good that you can get good training and our HQ can use team viewer to teach us and take over screen for lessons!
October 10, 2018
TODD S.
CIO
Religious Institutions, 501-1000 employees
September 25, 2018

“Excellent and Affordable!”

OverallVirtuous is a great partner - very open to new ideas for enhancements, very like-minded in doing something for the greater good and all about creating win-win situations.
ProsThis software is extremely intuitive and easy to use. It's tailored for the non-profit world and innovative in its approach around social network value. We love the open access to the database and the partnership with Mode Analytics make it really powerful for reporting. We love it!
ConsThe system still needs some enhancements around major donor development and Virtuous is aware and working on it. We are working in partnership with them to develop those aspects.
September 25, 2018
Paige W.
Engagement Coordinator
December 3, 2018

“Great User Experience”

OverallI'm new to the non-profit world, so Virtuous has been a helpful tool to do my job well with efficiency.
ProsI've loved how easy it is to use Virtuous. The trainings are plentiful, the interface is user-friendly, and the transition from one database to another has been as smooth as possible. Great customer support. So far, I have no qualms about Virtuous.
ConsThe hardest part about using Virtuous has just been learning how to use it. Like any new product, you have to take the time to read the "manual" and figure out how things work. Aside from that, integration has been easy.
December 3, 2018
Nathan T.
Executive Director
August 19, 2017

“Very thoughtful layout and usability”

OverallI have sat in demos for almost every CRM out there before choosing this system. This took a lot of time. I started actually with this CRM and then sat in all the other CRM demos and no one lived up to Vituous. No need to do that work again if you're looking for a CRM this is the one!
ProsThe layout is very easy to not only look at all day but to use. All of the information I would want on a potential donor or client is in this system. When designing this system they clearly understood what was needed to take relationships and development to the next level. I also get my questions answered very fast.
Cons
August 19, 2017
Brendan S.
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
May 16, 2017

“User friendly interface, building relationships with our base, value added features”

OverallHands down offering the greatest amount of features we had to have at a value we felt was acceptable.
ProsWe compared 10 products on the following criteria: Would our staff be engaged and want to learn the system- Intuitively easy with features that improve their daily work, Yes Will the platform allow relationships to be built and strengthened- Yes, built in features that allow for the strategic relationships Is it value added and cost friendly- Yes, total cost of ownership that allows us to scale up or down without compromising the other must haves.
May 16, 2017
Jose Z.
Strategic Partnerships Advisor
Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees
August 13, 2018

“Clean and user-friendly”

OverallOur organization had an unwieldy CRM before, and Virtuous made our CRM troubles disappear.
ProsEase of use, good looks, and excellent query tools. Virtuous was developed with people in mind. For that reason, it's delightful to use, and I highly recommend it.
ConsThe only con I can think of is having to migrate data to Virtuous if you're already using an ok CRM. If you're happy with what you have, it might be more trouble that it's worth. Otherwise, go for it. This is better than anything else I've seen on the market.
August 13, 2018
Melissa S.
Serve Team Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

“Review for Virtous”

OverallOverall it was easy to learn and once you get the hang of it then it is so simple to use.
ProsI like that it is easy to use and that you have customer support through messenger write there at your fingertips.
ConsThere are very few things that I do not like about this software. I would say the one thing that I had to overcome is learning the equations for the different reports that you can run.
James S.
Cross-cultural worker
Religious Institutions, 501-1000 employees
September 26, 2018

“Powerful CRM w/ knowledgeable tech support ”

OverallWould love the option of removing system labels, also virtuous scores - as a member of our company the virtuous scores aren't helpful.
ProsThe tech support has been helpful and timely. Very functional, doesn't feel like a lot of excess features. Like the note-taking feature w/ individual contacts so I can remember where I left off with them the next time I connect with them. Haven't added any widgets yet to our home screen but imagine that will also be a helpful feature.
ConsI can't remove system labels that I find unhelpful, e.g. "prelapsed" or "lapsed" donor labels either aren't meaningful or once a donor lapses once it seems to remain there for a while even though their giving resumed soon thereafter
September 26, 2018
Gina T.
Marketing Intern
Fine Art, 1-10 employees
November 25, 2018

“Fantastic experience with this software ”

ProsI could praise many things about this software but the top pros would have to be the sharp clean interface and the ability to integrate with Sripe.
ConsThe software itself can be time consuming on occasion as well as hard to catch onto for team members with less experience in the fundraising arena.
November 25, 2018
Trent W.
Director of Development
November 8, 2018

“The software is cutting edge and the staff is excellent to work with. Virtuous is already great, and only going to get better!”

ProsInnovation, marketing automation features, user friendliness, look and feel of the software, dashboards, and reporting/queries.
ConsWe have just started with Virtuous so haven't come across any Cons to this point. The only negative so far is that our estimated conversion time is a bit longer than originally expected.
November 8, 2018
Randy C.
Research and Analysis Associate
June 21, 2018

“Virtuous has insightful features that make it easy to track overall user engagement with the organization, not just donations.”

ProsLove the dashboard. It displays everything I want to see in a format that places the most important things where my eyes look first.
ConsReporting features are confusing to use. I was told I could use any existing fields to customize reports, but it wasn't that straight forward when I went to go do it.
June 21, 2018
Meghan S.
GA- Programming
Philanthropy, 51-200 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
August 8, 2018

“Virtuous”

ProsWe went through the free trial and loved this CRM! Really liked that it was tailored towards non-profits.
ConsWe are still fairly early on in our organization so we decided to look around for cheaper options, for now.
August 8, 2018
Arelis V.
VISTA member
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees
October 31, 2018

“keeping track of all contacts ”

Prosthe access it gives me to look up information from our list serve, being able to compile reports and have access to support team
Consbeing new to the software there is a lot to learn, this is a "cons" because i have to take the time to understand the information, without having much time to train myself and do the work that i have to do.
October 31, 2018