Outreach Ratings

Overall

About Outreach

Outreach is a Sales Engagement Platform that makes your team's communication workflows faster and reveals performance insights that makes your team more effective at selling. Sales teams can execute playbooks that combine email, voice, and social against thousands of prospects a month! Learn more about Outreach

Lauren W.
Manager, Digital Sales
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
September 30, 2019

“Outreach is my favorite sales tool”

OverallI am a big fan of Outreach. I think all Sales, Marketing & Sales Development teams should use it. Automation is the future!
ProsI love the ease of use. I work with many people new to sales, new to our industry and they fall in love with outreach. It automates our sales strategy. It helps us follow a cadence or campaign on emailing, calling, sending a LinkedIn message, etc. Without it, we would struggle to follow up with our clients.
ConsThere are some small things that I don't like with Outreach. Things get stuck in failed & pending states and you are not notified... These are usually found too late as well. Wish there was more of an aggressive notification when things happen that we should be aware of. Also - I would love for them to build out their interface better for closing roles and marketing roles. We have it for our SDRs but would struggle to have marketing and account executives use the tool at the same time.
September 30, 2019

“Great, but not perfect”

OverallOverall Outreach is a great tool for scaling out productivity but it seems to lack features in being able to automate follow ups on a one-off basis. You can schedule one email for further out but will have to actively remind yourself to continue following up which reduces the value automation can provide to a sales professional.
ProsOutreach is a fantastic tool that enables me and my colleagues to be much more productive in our sales outreach. It's great to be able to schedule emails in advance and even put prospects into sequences for more extended outreach efforts (no pun intended) without the need to actively manage and pay attention to them. It's also great at helping keep me organized in terms of tasks I need to follow up on like calls. They're ability to track email opens and clicks is also extremely valuable in identifying which prospects are engaging most with the material I send over. Outreach also has some other analytics that seem somewhat helpful as well, though haven't dug too much into these or really leveraged them to great extent for our team.
ConsThere are some features that leave me wanting though. There are instances where I'd like to add just a slight bit of personalization for a very select few members of a sequenced group but in order to do that, I either need to have a reminder to catch that scheduled email right before it sends out (which defeats the purpose of the automation) or create an entirely new sequence just for 1 or 2 people which can really bog up my sequence view. Cheaper solutions like Yesware are able to allow for automated one-off sequences or email chains with a log built in to stop following emails if there's a response. Seems like it should be a fairly straight forward functionality but it's noticeably lacking in this platform.
Internet, 201-500 employees
June 4, 2018

“Very powerful software. Great integrations with SFDC and Gmail as well that make it super easy .”

OverallOutreach makes it so easy to meet that crucial nexus point in sales of volume + quality of messaging. Being able to have measured feedback on how well your emails are received means you can keep tweaking until you get open and response rates as high as possible. It makes me faster as a sales rep and more data driven as a team.
ProsOutreach can do a TON. Being able to import a list of leads and have relevant info show such as title, last contact, etc.. is an amazing time saver when trying to make sure you're list (csv, sfdc report, etc..) is 'clean' and good to go. Being able to call directly through the platform is a huge time saver as well. All of the reporting around your sequences is a huge win. I will go through all of my sequences once every week or so to see what's doing well, what isn't, and tweak to optimize performance. There is a huge amount of data you can use to compare yourself to others, measure the efficacy of your outreach, and collaborate on best practices with team members. Over all Outreach is a huge win and is very well integrated with every one we use from a customer facing team perspective (gmail, sfdc, Linkedin)
ConsOutreach feels like they are probably an engineering first design second kind of company. I say that because their software can do SO MUCH, but it's not always intuitive how to do specific things. It has taken me awhile to get fully up to speed on some of the tips and tricks that really make outreach awesome. This is barely a con, more so just a training or user experience comment. Outreach can do so much it'd be tough for them to make every little feature super easy to find and obvious. Perhaps some more specific live onboarding/training would be helpful as well.
June 4, 2018
Scott E.
October 10, 2017

“The best outbound sales platform, period.”

OverallThis software is responsible for revolutionizing our outbound sales process, and it will continue to be the best tool for us for years to come. I've evaluated other options but always came back to Outreach because it's the full package. Outbound sales is extremely scalable with this platform, and running a sales org on it is amazingly easy to manage.
ProsI love that this software is so heavily focused on outbound sales. This isn't marketing software that you can adapt to sales, this is software created and built for sales organizations. That fact is very obvious in the way they implement their features. Outreach always leads the way in terms of feature innovation, and they continue to offer the best outbound email settings to truly automate your process. You can drop 1000 prospects into a sequence, throttle it to send 100 per day, set it to resume OOO replies after a few days, and set it and forget it. Just set up a schedule, make sure you exclude national holidays, and you don't have to touch it ever again. Something they also do better than anyone is their task management. I frequently have a task as a step in a sequence (I.e. Connect with the person on LinkedIn), and when a prospect hits that stage it creates a task in the system. This happens hundreds of prospects at a time, but when you start your tasks it takes you into this workflow that lets you call/email/take notes on the action and just click next to take you to the next one. Really lets you get in the flow, and is an amazing tool for inserting a manual task into a sequence that you can still get through quickly. Some examples of awesome features include: 1) Auto resume OOO 2) Fallback text in the templates 3) Automatically skip holidays 4) Phone call integration so you don't have to leave the app
ConsI don't know that there are any cons. The only one that I can imagine is that when you start fresh on the system, the interface can be a little bit daunting. There are actually a lot of settings, and if you don't understand the hierarchy or what you use for what, it can get very complicated. Thankfully they have good customer support and a LOT of good documentation, so it's not that bad if you spend some time learning it.
October 10, 2017
'Rowdie' Mitch G.
VP of Business Development / Co-Owner
11-50 employees
April 2, 2018

“Terrible customer service. Great product. ”

OverallI really enjoyed the software, what a great product. My first salesman was amazing, but as they scaled, we became a small account to them and really got treated like it. Stay away if you are looking for a great vendor experience, but if you are looking for a great product with great automation tools and email sequences... Outreach was the best we could find.
ProsWow, its an amazing product. I really enjoyed using it and it did win me alot of business. Alot of automated tasks which was amazing. Also their email management and manager permissions was incredible. Overall really simplified my teams day.
ConsIf you are a small company... expect to be treated terribly. We got random bills, and NO response from billing or their cusotmer support. You would get the runaround all day long. Seriously terrible experience even caused one of my employees to lose morale which isn't ultimately all Outreachs fault, I will take some accountability... but she wasn't getting her job done and couldln't get replies from Outreach. She was the manager supposed to control how many seats we had and manage costs... With an unresponsive team and random invoices with no explaination it became discouraging. I would highly recommend using the product if their sales team was ethical and their support would RESPOND. We got way overbilled and cancelling the account was even a hassle.
April 2, 2018
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
November 6, 2018

“ Great "outreach" software that makes calling and emailing a breeze”

OverallOverall Outreach is a great sales tool that any organization with sales folks should consider. The ability to blast through dozens of calls in a couple minutes is really handy. Also the reporting/tracking of the successful emails makes it easy to see what's working and what's not.
Pros+ Lots of sales insight available (what sequences/emails are more effective than others) + 360 view is a great dashboard for any sales user where you can see your upcoming tasks (emails, calls, etc.) and process through them + Love the ability to be able to submit a quick question to the support team from the UI + You can tag prospects, calls, etc. which makes finding them a lot easier + The support team is very responsive to fixing issues and helping with training gaps
Cons- Notes on the account/company level don't work well (you enter notes on Mike Smith at Microsoft and those notes don't consistently show up for others at that same company) - There definitely are bugs that make some of the processes annoying - The interface is very busy. Would be nice to be able to customize what I see/don't see (perhaps this is allowed at the admin level) - Outreach needs to differentiate between Email Opt Out and Phone Opt out. Currently, if a prospect opts out of emails, we can still legally call him but Outreach wont let us sequence them because there is only one Opt Out within outreach. Hopefully this is fixed so we can still call folks who opted out of emails, but are open to calls.
November 6, 2018
Lloyd W.
Corporate Sales Manager
July 23, 2019

“Job Critical Software”

OverallOutreach is job critical for me and my reps. I would riot if my company took the tool away. I attribute my success as a sales rep to Outreach for allowing me to not let anything fall through the cracks.
ProsI use Outreach daily to manage my work process. I honestly don't know how I did anything without the tool. It is something that I would like to use for the rest of my career.
ConsNot often, but every once in a while I come up against small issues that can be frustrating, like not being able to sequence users. I have found though, that most of the time it is user error, but sometimes errors are not clear.
July 23, 2019
August 21, 2019

“Very impressed”

ProsThe reporting and amount of features is incredible to a point where I get embarrassed at our own efforts. Spectacular onboarding and overall experience getting started considering the technical part was quite immersive in our backend and Salesforce.
ConsIt is becoming a bit more troublesome to navigate and figure out a perfect solution but it seems to be addressed with the help of more CS and help desk articles.
August 21, 2019
Erika M. B.
Enterprise Business Development Representative
Telecommunications, 1001-5000 employees

“Outreach Review ”

OverallI like the software, just wish I had the ability in my organization to skip tasks when necessary, create more custom messages, or have the ability to do more of an email only sequence occasionally.
ProsI like that this software makes it easy to reach out to prospects of any industry in a timely manner. You can put prospects in email sequences, set future tasks for prospects that you want to reach out to later, send one off emails/bulk compose emails with customization of their names or accounts for example, and even make calls to the prospects directly from the application.
ConsThere seems to be a lot of small bugs in the software that prevent you from calling the prospects occasionally and the sound quality of the calls sometimes is a little hit or miss depending on the day. In my organization sometimes getting the prospects in sync with salesforce can be a hassle to get credit for the call that you just made if you have metrics. Also having this tool controlled by corporate limits the ability of customization in the sequences, emails sent out don't always work as well as ones that are customizable.
Jill S.
BDR
July 10, 2019

“Powerful sales automation tool”

OverallThere are so many benefits, Seeing how many times prospects open your emails and having a call task automatically populate based on that. A/B testing with emails and subject lines. Outreach lets you get as manual or as automated as you want in your sequences letting you spend more time on warm leads while not totally neglecting the cold ones.
ProsIt's very easy to use and doesn't take a lot of training to get up and running. Really helps to make sure certain prospects don't slip through the cracks. It integrates really well with the other systems we have and makes it really easy to stay organized. They are always adding new features and listen to feedback.
ConsIf you go on vacation or have a holiday, it's a little annoying to go through and pause each individual sequence but they do have some content available on how to do it as easily as possible. There's not much I dislike. I've used several sales automation softwares and this one is by far my favorite.
Jared W.
Regional Sales Manager
July 16, 2019

“Great product minus a few quirks”

OverallIt helps save me so much time as it allows me to have more consistent and strategic follow up and to have those followups take place in the background while I get other work done. The email tracking and seeing opens/clicks is amazing and one of the most useful features. I know who is reading my emails, who just isn't responding, and who is ignoring me. I love Outreach, and if a few annoying things could get fixed I'd give it a 10/10.
ProsIt simplifies my life big time! Great for follow up, great for keeping track of tasks, great for strategically contacting people without having to manually type out thousands of emails. Snippets/Templates are awesome and Sequencing saves my life everyday.
ConsSometimes it simply doesn't act as I'd expect it to. The variables don't always populate correctly so I'm very nervous about putting them in auto sequences. Other times my panel on the right-hand side where I write emails doesn't act how I want it or tasks don't show up as expected. Then there are a few quirks with prospect stages that drive me crazy and sometimes cause me more work than it should.
Scott J.
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
July 18, 2019

“Great platform for accelerating and automating sales processes”

OverallVery happy and allows me to do more of my job in a more streamlined and focused approach. Would happily refer Outreach to anyone looking to streamline their approach.
Pros- Much easier to go about your day job and provide you with a single point of access - Very intuitive and integrations work well - Best sales platform I've ever used. - Support are very quick to answer, very helpful and take into account what you're saying - happy to take feature requests too. - Best practices shared a lot helping make the best of the solution. - As an outbound calling rep, Sequences are great to ensure you're covering all your territory and providing regular touchpoints
Cons- Some teething issues with VOIP, but generally works well - support are very quick to answer and helpful.
July 18, 2019
Accounting, 11-50 employees
December 5, 2018

“Good product, terrible, cocky sales team”

OverallGood product, adequate support, terrible sales team/experience. Brought this vendor on to one company I worked with, didn't bring it on to a future company because got tired/frustrated dealing with their sales team.
Pros This product is pretty good, I've used Outreach, SalesLoft and Fileboard. Fileboard has the best sales team, they not only are helpful with understanding their product, but they also help with sharing their sales strategy using their product. SalesLoft and Outreach are the same in funcitonality, and SalesLoft has a good sales team. The issue I have with Outreach is their sales team is too arrogant, they have a good product, but I think teach them internally to be cocky, and it got so bad I just didn't want to use their product anymore and felt compelled to write this review.
ConsThe software is a bit glitchy sometimes, if it goes out you're just not using it that day. The sales team is very arrogant, not helpful. Companies with arrogant sales teams tend to have that culture bleed off into other areas, which make them very difficult vendors to work with .
Chase H.
July 3, 2019

“Outreach has flipped the table”

OverallFirst off, it's incredibly easy to figure out. I'm tech savvy but not many tools are as easy to figure out as Outreach. My previous sales positions were very hard work - lot's of manual work like sending emails, cold calling from lists, manual note taking and cadence tracking. Needless to say, my mind was a bit scrambled when the new boss at my current company started explaining what this platform would do for me (hint, nearly everything). As with any workflow change, it does take some getting used to, but all of the changes are positive. I haven't done the math but this platform has given back so much time in my day and allows me to focus on more meaningful tasks instead of mindlessly sending out templated emails and keeping meticulous manual records of all the calls I make. For those who have read this far, I'm sure you get the point. At the very least go schedule a demo so you can see for yourself, this platform has so much value!
ProsHow easy to use it is! This platform is reinventing the wheel but has created an incredible user interface and design that lets you hit the ground running.
ConsNothing about the platform is sub-par or oversold, but I would really benefit from having some sort of mobile app.
July 3, 2019
Levi G.
ADM
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
June 26, 2019

“Functionality for the Win - with some areas for improvement”

OverallOverall, I truly believe that Outreach is a tool that has made it possible for me to be successful as an ADM. It makes my tracking of potential clients very smooth and seamless. I'm sure that I have a lot to learn in the platform, but it has been work-life changing.
ProsI love the functionality and the ability to save me time when calling in blocks. The workflow is very intuitive and easy to use.
ConsI wish there was a way to have more of an account view - meaning we do activities based on a lead/contact but I would like to see activity that has happened aggregated in one central account activity view. While the call through my browser works, I find that I have more call issues when I used that method of calling versus calling from my phone. It would be great if there were an editable notes section on the Outreach Extension (Google). That way you wouldn't have to manually open up the full CRM to check previous notes.
February 12, 2019

“We couldn't hit our sales goals without it!”

ProsThe software itself is incredible, and functionally has everything imaginable, but I've been most impressed with the support. As an administrator that knew very little about the software when we implemented Outreach, the support team has been phenomenal. I've never worked with a more helpful, prompt team in my life. 10/10 to the Outreach Support team!
ConsWe've caused ourselves some pain by using some very unique objects and fields in our Salesforce CRM instance, which has caused some problems on the integration front. Basically, we haven't been able to take advantage of some Outreach functionality because the integration is built on the assumption of us using standard Salesforce objects and fields. Ultimately, the support team has helped us with some workarounds, but it's been a bit of a self-induced headache.
February 12, 2019
Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees
December 5, 2018

“A definitely recommended have software for any company with outbound sales ”

OverallIt is a very essential sales engagement software. The interface is very intuitive so it takes new reps typically less than an hour to get up and running. However to make the most efficient use of the software, training along with well defined goals is an absolute must. Depending upon how well you use this software you can definitely see the payouts coming through. The customer support team is phenomenal. So this is your software if you are looking for just a sales engagement tool and you have reps who are willing to make the most out of it. Every companies' use case is different , but there is no harm is giving this a try. Cannot replace sfdc, but goes very well with SFDC.
ProsThe interface is crisp and clean and very welcoming. Making calls in this platform is a breeze, and a very enjoyable experience. Very easy to send emails and log calls. Wonderful and knowledgeable CS team. Very well designed software which presents calls, opportunities, engagements and so on in one neat UI.
ConsWhen the software first loads up, it might appear that there is a lag or hang up but that is just the design we have come to realize. Too many options are available in terms of what can be done or used, so new users can often get lost in this software engineering beauty! There is still scope for more automation. Under the calls tab, there is no way to search for a call via phone number. Very hard to differentiate between Salesloft and outreach. Both have strikingly similar designs.
Paige E.
Manager of Sales Development
July 10, 2019

“Outreach is the Sales Development Dream”

OverallI have used 4 other sales engagement platforms in my career and I will never use anything but Outreach again. It has incredible integrations with Salesforce, Drift, and Linkedin Navigator and ultimately helps good BDRs be great.
ProsOutreach is by far the best sales engagement platform on the market. It helps to automate all tasks and outreach activities by BDRs so they can spend more time providing value to their prospects. From a leadership perspective, the reporting is extremely useful and allows me to track my BDRs individually, team based, and organization based.
ConsTraining new hires to use the platform can be difficult due to how intricate and extensive the feature set is.
June 11, 2019

“Task Management Tool for SDRs”

OverallOverall, solid tool that allows you to reach your sales and marketing goals. It is a great tool for Sales Development teams that keeps them on top of their tasks all in one platform.
ProsOutreach is a great tool for organizing sales and marketing tasks. With its ability to send out mass or personalized emails, make phone calls, and organize daily tasks, this platform can accomplish a lot. The 360-degree view of your tasks makes it easy to stay on top of your goals.
ConsIt would be nice to be able to configure or personalize the 360 view page. While it provides a lot of good insight into my tasks and updates, it would be nice to filter out some of the less prioritized panels.
June 11, 2019
Mukul D.
E-Learning, 201-500 employees
June 27, 2019

“A must have tool for Sales Development”

OverallThe primary problem that I am solving and that everyone would solve is 'Saving Time', the functionalities of the tool make it very easy to handle and manage leads that are coming in. Creating a link with Salesforce just makes it a lot more easier to log activities and keep track of the work done by me and the team. Not to mention it help anyone after me to have full visibility on the touch points with any prospect. The fact that I can add multiple custom messages also helps me curate and be more target in my messaging. This is a must-have tool for any sales oriented organization to limit manual work so that the team can focus on more pressing tasks.
ProsWhat I love about the platform is the ease at which it enables you to manages 100's of leads and create multiple outbound campaigns catered to the needs of the organization.
ConsEmails getting tagged as Spam or not getting delivered to the inbox of the recipient.
June 27, 2019
September 29, 2019

“Outreach is a great, newer CRM with a great support and dev team”

OverallI think Outreach is following the same path HubSpot has taken and that is absolutely a positive thing.
ProsSleek design, many media plugins and data source integrations, and smooth editable customized Salesforce integration. The customer service is also very easy to get a hold of and they are regularly e-mailing my team to make sure we are satisfied and that any integrations, concerns, etc are heard!
ConsMy ONLY con/complaint is that for some reason compared to HubSpot and other similar CRMs, the responsiveness and loading times on the platform are considerably long. Not a deal-breaker by any means but can definitely get annoying for the nerds like myself who put so much money into a super computer that isn't used to being patient for loading times anymore ;)
September 29, 2019
Eric D.
Sales Development
Telecommunications, 501-1000 employees
July 16, 2019

“Outreach makes my life easy”

OverallMy overall experience with Outreach has been great. I would highly suggest working with them as they have a pretty aggressive road map to change the way outbound SDRs work.
ProsWhat I like most about outreach is the ability to target multiple organizations at a time. You can actively reach out to many people within an organization to get your message across. Outreach takes the manual part of prospecting away and automates it making for a more streamlined and efficient process. It covers the user error part that happens when outbound to 100 plus organizations.
Cons Outreach can be clunky at times. The user interface is some times hard to navigate. There is no back button so if you want to go to a new page you have to start all over.
DavidLee M.
Sales
July 1, 2019

“Outreach helps me Make more Money”

OverallI love it. Their customer service is great whenever I have questions and the product has paid for itself ten-fold.
ProsI love how I can increase my intake and outtake with minimal effort on my end. Outreach allows automation in places that has saved me hundreds of hours since i've started using it.
ConsThere are a few simple things that the platform does not allow. One is a "Select-All" feature where you can also unselect some. Select-All is an all-or-nothing. If there are 500 things and 1 of them is missplaced. You have to figure out another way besides Select-All minus 1.
July 1, 2019
Matt J.
July 19, 2018

“Super easy to use, very powerful!”

OverallI save loads of time using Outreach. That time is very valuable as well. Well done, Outreach.
ProsThis system has saved me thousands of hours of emailing and contacting clients. It has also helped me organize the way I speak to my clients. The best feature of the platform is the ability to setup email sequences and fully customize the way they are sent out. It also integrates directly to Salesforce, so it pulls the lead info automatically!
ConsAt times, Outreach struggles to sync with my email or Salesforce. Other than syncing, there really isn't much to complain about with Outreach.
July 19, 2018
Josh R.
June 12, 2018

“Excellent Email Tool”

ProsI love how simple it is to create and edit the sequences. As a sales person who sends a lot of outbound emails, it's very important to have a tool that makes it as simple as possible to create new sequences and Outreach is the best there is.
ConsSometimes when you go to put a lead in another sequence, it won't allow you to do so for several hours if they have already been put in a sequence. I wish that you didn't have to wait as long between the two. For example, right when a new lead comes in, we have an automated email that is kicked out to them. After that email is sent, I have to wait several hours before putting them in another sequence to get them scheduled. There needs to be shorter wait time between the two.
June 12, 2018
Dylan S.
Senior Inside Sales Representative
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
July 17, 2019

“Super User Friendly”

OverallI am very thankful that I get to use Outreach on a daily basis instead of several other CRM systems I have used in previous positions. Overall the experience is positive and consistent and does not take long to train new employees to maximize their time with Outreach.
ProsOutreach creates a very streamlined approach for contacting leads and keeping detailed information about communication. It is very easy to create and edit sequences for emails/calls to increase the capacity for communication for small sales teams.
ConsThe search functionality can be frustrating. In order to find a lead you have to input a lead's information exactly. There does not seem to be a "close to" option if you can't remember the exact spelling.
July 17, 2019
Elena P.
E-Learning, 201-500 employees

“Great for SDR use!”

OverallWe are trying to solve the business problem of tracking activity with Outreach. It has been very useful with a good reporting system and shows clearly what SDRs are spending their time doing.
ProsI work as an SDR so I love the how easy it is to organize my work. From prioritizing tasks to creating sequences, snippets and templates with ease. Outreach is very user-friendly. I also love the overview it gives on a prospect with relevant and recent news articles- makes it easier to find info to mention on calls or emails. Scheduling emails is also very helpful!
ConsI don't have a much to complain about. One thing is the outbox doesn't warn me when it stops sending emails out and sometimes won't resume after 24 hours. So I have to go in every day and retry emails that didn't send (this only happens when sending out mass emails).
Michael K.
Head of Demand Generation
December 27, 2018

“Amazing software that immediately generates return on investment”

OverallTheir customer success and new customer install team is AMAZINGLY good. It's a complex solution, but that is also its power. Any question I asked was answered immediately by whatever level of support was required.
ProsAbility to setup complex user journey sequences for multiple personas, it's ease of setup and use, and that our inside sales team says they CANNOT work without this solution. We increased our rate of meetings set immediately and already have generated enough revenue to pay for the system many times over. It is not the cheapest solution out there, but you get what you pay for.
ConsThe reporting could be more robust, but we pipe all the data in SFDC and use the reporting tools there.
December 27, 2018
Emily M.
Chief Operations Officer
51-200 employees
April 4, 2018

“Excellent sales engagement platform, would highly recommend. ”

ProsOutreach has an incredible product and excellent customer success team. We have been working with Outreach for the last 2 years, and will likely continue for many more. Almost our entire company uses Outreach on a daily basis, and it's UX is excellent. Their product team is consistently working to expand features that customers want.
ConsIn order to keep things simple, Outreach has limited flexibility with reporting. To get the data we need, we export all our data into another analytics platform. That said, we use Outreach on such a large scale that this likely wouldn't be a problem for most sales teams.
April 4, 2018
Steve A.
Sr. Sales Development Representative
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
June 26, 2019

“Cruicial for SDR success!”

Overall It allows me to get a high level overview of where I need to prospect as well as granular insights into the best place to spend my time.
ProsThis tool is great for streamlining the workflow of outbound prospecting. Our company uses it for our sales development efforts, and since replacing Salesloft has made sales automation easier for our reps. The software in very customizable, so there is a learning curve associated with getting up to speed on it.
ConsComplexity can create a longer learning curve compared to other sales automation tools. This ultimately is good once you learn the system.
Jake B.
Information Services, 51-200 employees
June 26, 2019

“Outreach is a Salesperson's Best Friend”

OverallI couldn't recommend it more. I hope to use Outreach for a long time from here on out, going back to prospecting without the tool would be painful at best, and next to impossible at worst.
ProsThis software integrating seamlessly with SalesForce makes everything about selling so much easier. I spend 95% of my time in Outreach and yet everything gets updated in SalesForce, and is organized appropriately. I have a daily task list that populates automatically, filled with relevant tasks that are meaningful to complete. It is truly the best tool I've used in a sales stack.
ConsThe software is very intuitive, but it does take some getting used to. There is a depth of power you have access to, and it will take a bit of time to get accustomed to the layout.
E-Learning, 51-200 employees
June 1, 2019

“OutReach Review”

OverallFor any sales team, an automation tool, that covers all aspects of the sales process, from calls to email, is very key. With Outreach, the sales team will have this ability, which will help automate calls and emails in one dashboard view.
Pros- Value for the cost of the solution - Short Implementation - Easy to set up sequences - Dashboard view, from a end user and manager perspective - Real time data, from an end user and manager perspective - Seamless integration with SFDC
Cons- No integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM - Cannot do a sequence at the opportunity level
June 1, 2019
Lisa T.
Manager, Marketing Strategy, Investment, and Data Analyst
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
February 19, 2019

“Does what it should and relatively easy to set up with a little support”

OverallSupport and experience has been good (although a little challenging at first). Definitely worth putting the time in to get set up properly!
ProsIt took a while to get this properly set-up so it was working for us and not the other way around. Coming from Salesloft, we were able to set things up in a very similar away. We were able to map the key fields to Salesforce and the automation and rules are flexible enough for it to work well for our team of 10 SDR's.
ConsAlthough many fields map to Salesforce, things like "snooze date" and calendar appointment dates don't map over. Although it's not a deal breaker, it means that the SDR team (as well as the SDR manager) have to go back and forth between systems to manage and report on these pieces.
February 19, 2019
Josh R.
December 18, 2018

“Excellent Email Tool”

ProsI love how simple Outreach makes it to create sequences. As an outbound Account Executive, having nice sequences that are easily editable and findable makes the world of difference.
ConsEvery so often the Outreach plug in won't work and will not put the lead in the sequence. I'm not sure why this happens, but it is a pain to have to go through and add them to the sequence another time after you already thought you did it.
December 18, 2018
Jüri K.
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
September 4, 2017

“Using Outreach is like being a manager of a 100 person team”

OverallSaved me a lot of time
ProsIt makes my life as a sales professional really easy and it gets me into the prospect accounts that I can't get into otherwise. It is like having a 100 person team at your disposal, who never sleep, who never forget nor make any errors.
ConsThe personalisation for EMEA is still a massive pain, and it take me a lot of time, to personalise in accordance to the different geos that we cover. Special characters, when uploading a list, need to be revised manually. So if you are working with a list of 500 people, it takes a whole lot of time to edit it :(
September 4, 2017
March 6, 2019

“Get your work done with speed.”

OverallI love this solution. I love how it gives me a ton of information on how to work and what to work on.
ProsI love how this tools helps me know what I should be doing. Its helps my sales process speed up and make its a clear process on what to do. This tool is awesome and give me a way to see also whats needed to get to my goals.
ConsI think sometimes bugs can take over and makes the tool clunky.
March 6, 2019
51-200 employees
June 1, 2018

“Outreach maximizes the efficiency of our Sales Team and allows us to close more business. ”

OverallWe are able to maximize time and be more efficient as a sales team. We can see what emails work and get responses to replicate across the team. We close more deals!
ProsThe sequencing is the biggest value-add for us it allows all our leads to be contacted right away with an automatic email. Nurturing old leads is really easy and each rep can easily create and deploy sequences when they are outbounding leads.
ConsI wish that outreach had a calendar feature that would allow us to use outreach instead of two different software. That would complete the picture for us.
June 1, 2018
Christopher S.
Lead Enterprise Account Executive
Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees
September 13, 2017

“Outreach.io is by far the most effective prospecting tool I've ever seen in my sales career.”

Overall8-10x increase in meetings with qualified prospects with 20% of my town now spent on prospectign and 80% spent in front of customers.
ProsThe tool allows me to focus on selling rather than putting strenuous amounts of effort into old school 'phone book selling methods.' I can create campaigns based on a decent set of assumptions and some basic logic and realize real results within 24-48 hours of the first messages going out.
ConsI had to deepen my understanding of Sales Operations, Data Management, Reporting, and Direct Response messaging to get repeatable and scalable results. But, it's completely transformed the way I prospect and I know feel like I have an unfair advantage at almost any company I go to in the future.
September 13, 2017
Daniel C.
Sales Development Rep
September 5, 2017

“Easy, affordable, and effective”

OverallAny sales or marketing groups!
ProsI love the ease of use to the system. There are some cool bells and whistles, but really it does what it needs too, makes it simple, and puts the flashy stuff on reporting. (the "so what")
ConsThe only thing I could see as a downfall is the search-ability. I wish that the search could include more filters so that you could easily sift down a group of prospects to send too.
September 5, 2017
June 30, 2019

“Thoughts on Outreach ”

OverallEveryone loves it. Has its issues and limitations but overall great tool. Helps with new people and there outreach generating outreach through automation while revving up. Also helps those more seasoned with being able to focus on top accounts and automating mid market and smb outreach.
ProsGreat tool for automating outreach oo oddly enough. You're able to set up call and email cadences. Also sequences. Decent at tracking open rates.
ConsOpen rates can give false reads and not always accurate. Wished for more options in populating local numbers. Signature issues
June 30, 2019
Matt K.
Team Lead SDR
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees

“DT Review”

OverallIt has been helpful in mass follow up and in individual one-off emails. We are still workign towards getting a wider range of content in OR but hope to have more of an outbound program in the future.
ProsThe organizational aspect. Easy to use and customize to keep sales teams on point and working towards driving revenue.
ConsThat my manager does not fully understand its capabilities.
September 17, 2018

“One of the best prospecting tools there will ever be...”

ProsWhat I like most about Outreach is the automation piece. And I know they doing more and more to assist in that, like pre-recorded voicemails and things like that (those things may already be in place). It makes prospect outreach 1000x easier, and makes individuals and organizations as a whole more effective because of the automative powers that be.
ConsI honestly don't have any dislikes. Most every feature that Outreach contains I've used, and it's never frustrated me or given me fits.
September 17, 2018
Cameron W.
Business Development Representative
June 26, 2019

“Fantastic Tool That Has Revolutionized The Way We Prospect”

OverallIt has increased the efficiency of our business development team globally, allowing us to reach more prospects, booking more meetings and close more deals. I can't recommend this tool highly enough.
ProsEasy to reach out to many people on scale. Analytics allow me test sequences and create ones that that work perfectly. Easily create lists that I can send specific sequences to. Has sped up the outreach process hugely.
ConsThe user interface can be a little bit confusing at times, but when you learn where everything is it is ok.
James L.
Enterprise Business Development Manager
February 18, 2019

“Wouldn't want to do my job without Outreach!”

OverallOutreach has made my sales development life so much easier. I know there are other similar tools available, but from what I hear about them, I'm glad I get to use Outreach.
ProsI really enjoy being able to access Outreach in multiple channels--from my inbox, browser tab, or within Salesforce. It makes my life a lot easier.
ConsAn update a few months ago made the process of accessing recorded calls much more difficult to access. They're still there, but you have to go through more steps to review calls.
February 18, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
December 14, 2018

“Saves my sales team so much time!”

OverallOutreach was a great purchase for us and we now have the whole marketing team and sales team using it to increase sales.
ProsThe ability to sequence and track emails has been crucial in out sales process. Setting up sequences is easy and once you have done it a couple times becomes 2nd nature. The time savings is a huge benefit to us.
ConsIt takes a little getting used to you can mess up on the first couple sequences. The email tracking can be better but it is better than other softwares I have tried for that.
December 14, 2018
Brian B.
Sales Director
July 16, 2017

“Very easy to use, powerful for prospecting and automation efforts”

ProsEasy to use, great support, and gets the job done. They have a great team that consistently goes above and beyond to help you out when you necessary.
ConsIt would be helpful if the dashboard provided more granularity. For example, what time of day yielded best results? Did length of email correspond to open and response rates? Etc.
July 16, 2017
awogor m.
Editor In Chief
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
October 9, 2019

“Top Product Sales Assistant is Outreach software”

OverallOutreach helps in making sales possible in a Calendaring manner by scheduling basic sales activities including meetings, promotional offers, etc.
ProsOutreach Help in Scheduling Meetings and Outreach to customers in a Calendaring Manner to maximize sales and helps also in collaboration. It also helps you to schedule your promotions for special sales and lots more assistance to your sales representatives. Basically put all your sales activities in one place.
ConsI have not found anything least about this software. It's very helpful to convert customers to buying and returning customers so no negatives vibe about it.
October 9, 2019
Michelle S.
Marketing Operations Manager
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
September 5, 2019

“Great tool for Demand Generation/Business Development”

OverallSet up sequences based on marketing campaign for the business development reps to follow-up on. This included automated emails, templated/customizable emails, social media outreach and phone calls. The tool tracks outreach metrics so you can optimize the sequences and connects to Salesforce so all activity is attached to leads/contacts.
ProsIt's every marketers dream to be able to set up outreach for the business development reps and have them follow it. From automated emails, templated/customizable emails, social media outreach and phone calls, you set up a sequence and it allows the team to easily stay on task. Also connects to Salesforce so that all the reps activities is tracked in Salesforce.
ConsI think as they continue to grow they will continue to expand their offerings into other communication channels but they do have partnerships for video.
September 5, 2019
Hanna S.
Business Dev
Financial Services, 201-500 employees

“Daily Use Review”

ProsWhat I like the most is being able to easily execute all my tasks, and how templates can make my daily job reqs fly by, as lots of things I send out are pretty repetitive. I also really enjoy being able to see who has engaged with my emails, that way I know which leads to prioritize calling.
ConsIt occasionally has some glitches, like sometimes it doesn't let me hang up from calls, it won't even ring sometimes, and I often find myself having to exit out of the extension and re-opening it to make it work again. Not a huge deal, but it does get kind of annoying when it happens daily.
Birla V.
AM
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
April 30, 2019

“E-mail Automation Platform”

OverallIts awesome tool for e-mail sequencing and keep the prospects live with occasional E-mails.
ProsIntegration with Email is really awesome where we can track all the interactions with the prospects. Email collaboration and sequencing at regular intervals are really great.
ConsThe user access levels needs some improvement, eg if a prospect is with other internal user, we are unable to add that prospect. It would have been good if outreach display the prospect ownership.
April 30, 2019