Boxstorm Ratings

Overall

About Boxstorm

Boxstorm Forever Free gives you up to 5 users completely free of charge, and it is the first truly free inventory management solution that integrates with QuickBooks Online. Automate manual inventory management processes, such as adding items, modifying inventory counts, monitoring changes with audit trails, and integrating with QuickBooks Online to automatically update your accounting records. Learn more about Boxstorm

Jonathon j.
Lead Engineer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
August 26, 2019

“Great Product!”

OverallOverall this software has eliminated an overstock issue our company was experiencing. Essentially we had a warehouse employees dropped material left over from jobs and the material wasnt being used on new jobs correctly. Now we are able to not only use that inventory because we know what is there but we are saving money by not ordering materials that in our line of work will be obsolete in a year, we can use what we have before it's useless it's useless to us.
Prosthe ability for anyone in our company to track our inventory so that prior to making purchase orders for material we can utilize what we already have in stock to make more profit for our company
ConsThey have recently limited the free software capabilities so that you no longer have 3 users with unlimited material and locations. Before there were many many functions of this software that would be extremely useful for large companies, but not for one our size. You could opt to not have those abilities and basically pay for what you need. now it is essentially an all or nothing software.
August 26, 2019
DIANE V.
Office Manager/Bookkeeper
Construction, 11-50 employees
August 22, 2019

“Boxstorm - Best Inventory Program EVER!”

OverallGreat Customer Service. Great Tech Support. Always helped me when I had to figure out how to do something in the program.
Pros I started using this program in March. What I like is this program is so easy to navigate. Easy to import/export items. Easy to move inventory from one location to another. Easy to generate reports based on individual locations so you know what equipment you have at what location. Easy to search for specific equipment, who checked it out of the warehouse and what date. Before this program we really had no idea where half our equipment was. With Boxstorm I can search for a specific item and move it from one location to another so easily!!! The ANDROID app is great too. I can run out to the warehouse and search for the item to be checked out and move it to a new location. I still have yet to get everything barcoded but rest assure once I do it will be easy to scan the barcode in!! That's how USER Friendly Boxstorm is. I have searched and searched for a replacement for Boxstorm but cannot find anything the equals all of the things Boxstorm does. They have several different pricing plans. Being a very small company we could not afford much so the version that was not a charge was just perfect for us. Boxstorm You ROCK!!! D. Vega
ConsThere is really nothing about the software that I am unhappy with.
August 22, 2019
Judy N.
Director of Gift Shop
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
September 13, 2019

“GREAT customer service”

Overallinformative, friendly and very helpful
ProsI currently learning to use the software. However the customer service and friendly advise on what to purchase for the size of our company if phenomenal. Representative with Fishbowl shared Boxstorm with me, which was just what I needed. Representative with Boxstorm gave me a call and was very friendly and answered all my questions. Also provide me with a link of videos to help me understand the simplicity of the program.
ConsI do not have any disIikes about Boxstorm. I have not really used it am still watching videos and wil respond when I have a clear answer to give.
September 13, 2019
Scott M.
Owner/Operator
Food & Beverages, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
August 31, 2019

“Boxstorm is the best”

OverallMy small business is buying product and then turning around and selling it. At the very core of the business is managing my inventory. This was a real concern until I found Boxstorm. It provides me with the tools necessary to manage my inventory in a very easy and effective manner. I have appreciated the people that I have worked with also. Their customer support and video training are top notch.
ProsThe first thing that comes to mind is its ease of use. I have a small business and need to spend as little amount of time on Inventory as possible. Boxstorm is simple to use and provides all types of videos if I am unclear about how to do something. I also feel like there is a great deal of functionality and reporting capabilities. So far I can do anything that I have needed to do.
ConsI was hopeful to track items sold and who bought them a little easier. There are ways through reporting to do this but it would be nice to have a online screen. This is not a big deal only something I would like in my dream world.
August 31, 2019
Environmental Services, 501-1000 employees
May 13, 2019

“Great App for Inventory Tracking”

OverallBoxstorm allows me to easily keep track of all the items I am responsible for. I love the mobile version as I can easily walk around my department with my smartphone and do a quick inventory check. Their customer support is also great - they send an initial email with their contact info, and will actually respond to your communications in a very timely fashion. Great program, great support, highly recommend for anyone in charge of inventory management.
ProsBoxstorm is incredibly easy to use and has a visually pleasing interface. It allows for an easy transition by allowing you to upload data from an existing spreadsheet. The mobile version syncs with the desktop database to allow you to use your smartphone to scan items for easy tracking. When you first download the Boxstorm app, their customer support team reaches out with tutorials and guides on how to use its full functionality, and they are all accessible and easy to follow. Another perk is they have different tiers of functionality that increase with cost, depending on how basic or how in depth you need your features to be.
ConsA minor nitpick - on the mobile app, there is no way to rearrange items that you add manually.
May 13, 2019
Diane T.
Self Employed eCommerce Seller
Consumer Goods, Self-employed
August 28, 2019

“Free for Individual Small Business, Pay Version Affordable, Great Inventory Tool”

OverallInventory is a breeze with Boxstorm, cloud based and integrates with QuickBooks.
ProsFor myself, being a one person ecommerce seller, the free version works just fine. It allows 25 items and 100 transactions...but there is an affordable version that has a lot more capability for those who need it. This software integrates with QuickBooks, so I'm a happy camper!!
ConsI would sound greedy if I stated that I wish there were more free items instead of 25...but its such a great software program that I'll probably get the paid version soon.
August 28, 2019