Kotobee Author Ratings

Overall

About Kotobee Author

Kotobee Author is a comprehensive ebook creator and EPUB editor, suitable for education, training, and publishing. Kotobee Author is a winner of the Academics' Choice 2016 Smart Media Award. You may easily create interactive ebooks rich with video, audio, 3D, book widgets, questions, and more. Customize the look and feel of your ebook apps, and emulate the result on different platforms and devices. Export your ebook to 10+ different formats, such as web apps, mobile apps and e-library. Learn more about Kotobee Author

Mark Anthony S.
Educational Technology Coordinator
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees

“KotobeeRific”

OverallAs an educator, I always wanted to look for an educational software that is user friendly. When I learned about Kotobee by browsing in YouTube, it really caught my attention because the functionalities and features are essentially helpful not only with educators but for learners. I am from the Philippines and connectivity is a big issue. With Kotobee, I can create an e-book with multimedia function that doesn't require internet connectivity as it can run fluidly. I can also customize the my e-book as the manner I wanted it to be presented to my learners. Adding other multimedia materials is also very easy because of its familiarity features. That is why I highly recommend Kotobee for educators like me who wanted to recreate an outstanding classroom environment that can run interactivity even if without the presence of internet connectivity.
ProsYou can easily attach multimedia files User-friendly You have an option to choose between a reflowable format or a fix format Customization ready For me, Kotobee is the greatest among the great e-book creation tools
ConsNone
Recommendations to other buyersIs it possible to have a seminar-workshop about Kotobee in Southeast Asia? I'm from the Philippines and I started out to share my experience using Kotobee in our constant Google Educator Groups-Ortigas meet up. If more educators will learn about Kotobee, it will be a 360 degrees shift for teachers to accept the challenge of self publication.
Abdulwasiu B.
April 16, 2017

“A Must Have Authoring Software!”

OverallKotobee Author is no doubt my dreamed software. All of my authoring efforts now depends on this gorgeous baby. Whenever I am using this software, I always feel like having had access to Kotobee Author since 2011/2012. It is almost unbelievable that it is even free to create/export Webapps, Desktop apps, Kindle books, among others. This is not to even talk of some advanced functionalities that you may not be aware of until you start using this simple to use, excellent software. What is even most outstanding about the company owning this invaluable software is there excellent support. I asked every little things from them and guess what, I got wonderful support in short period of time, and many a time, instantly. You can't but continuously seeing success ahead of you as a serious author when you start using Kotobee Author. I always wonder the great number of successful authors, who knows what they are doing and using this software as it should be used, that will be produced in the near feature! I pray God for long life and numerous success for the company/people behind Kotobee Author so that they could be able to serve humanity for long.

By Kotobee on April 27, 2017
Thank you for sharing your experience, Abdulwasiu. And many thanks for the overwhelming wishes and prayers. We firmly believe in our product and that's why our support team is so dedicated!
April 16, 2017
abdulraouf l.
researcher
Medical Practice, 1001-5000 employees
July 13, 2018

“easy to use”

Prosfriendly interface and easy to use. we wanted to create a multimedia ebook and it does support all the elements we needed..... not expensive compared to others we explored. when we used it the free trail allows you to export your book. customer support are helpful and tentative.
Consnothing really, customer support were able to work with us and take our suggestions into consideration.
July 13, 2018
Meiby P.
DOCENTE
March 27, 2018

“ The best to create interactive books”

OverallThe best thing is that we can create interactive books without having to know about programming languages, thanks to its great intuitive interface. Its constant update is also one of its main features.
ProsOne of the best features is the ability to include test type questions and javascript elements to allow interactive books to be raised to another level. It also has a large number of export formats from pdf to scorm.
ConsThe only thing that I do not like, is that in its free version they removed the option to export with scorm to be able to try the virtual bao platform for learning books. But everything else is very complete to have the same application.
March 27, 2018
Matt D.
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
May 7, 2017

“This is a fantastic, easy-to-use tool for producing ebooks and apps. ”

ProsKotobee is always releasing new and highly useful functionality. Every time we see an update, it seems to include something great that we hadn't even thought of. So we regularly update our apps with new functionality, which keeps users coming back to our apps. The functionality and scope of Kotobee Author is great, but something else that sets this company apart is its dedication to its customers. I never feel like I'm waiting to get a response to an email, and if I experience a problem, the Kotobee team find a solution straight away. They really are second to none.
May 7, 2017
Khaled A.
Assistant Professor
E-Learning, 5001-10,000 employees
May 16, 2017

“Great software for designing and publishing your book! it is a helpful tool for teaching & learning.”

Overallpublishing my first book and teaching my students how to do so.
ProsIt is a user-friendly and easy to navigate interface. It has many helpful tools that author can use to enrich their product and multiple formats to publish the final version.
ConsI found it a little bit annoying the frequent updates that I have to do almost every time I open the software.
May 16, 2017
Peter S.
May 5, 2017

“Seamless and gorgeous product! BEST E-BOOK ON THE MARKET ”

ProsThe authoring tool made publishing our e-books really simple. We love all of the "export" formats and user controls. With the addition of Google Analytics to track user activity Im 100% converted.
ConsI don't love the color purple. Thats really the ONLY thing I can think of. The Kotobee team was incredibly helpful when we had questions.
May 5, 2017
Daniel T.
Instructional Designers
E-Learning, 11-50 employees
April 18, 2017

“To make ebooks really interactive”

OverallAs an Instructional Designer, I needed a powerful tool to create ebook for my elearning courses. Kotobe integrates all the features of other authoring tools and adds unique features such as options to configure our own styles (css) add questions, 3d objects, and all embed other code, which allows you to generate a really interactive ebook that Motivates and stimulates learning. In addition, its different export options allow adapting the ebook to the format that the client or student needs, either online review or downloadable as EPUP. The software has everything you need to be one of the undisputed tools for Elearning developers.
Pros Its intuitive design, since it can be used by someone with no experience, but it can also be customized as you wish if you know hml5 code and CSS. I also love their different types of formats for export and their preview.
Cons I would like to have technical support in Spanish
Recommendations to other buyersI would recommend it for instructional designers is an excellent tool to create interactive ebook that complements as a strategy to elearning courses

By Kotobee on April 27, 2017
Thank you for your valuable feedback, Daniel. It's always a pleasure to hear back from our advanced users so we can learn how to further enhance our platform.
Mohamed E.
April 18, 2017

“Make your book in get-it-done environment”

OverallI have used Kotobee in after requesting a trial. Firstly, I want to appreciate your efforts in designing it. However, I have found the following points need to be improved: 1. the overall style of the software! 2. it sometime works slow! 3. I found it a bit hard and time-consuming to learn how to use it. 4.Google play doesn't support now giving new comers an account to upload books, so I think you need to develop an option to export the product into an app that acts as a book. 5. extend the free trial, please

By Kotobee on April 27, 2017
Thanks for your insights, Mohamed. We've released several new updates for our software, are you updated to the latest one? If you're having trouble figuring out the ropes, you can always request a free live demo from the URL below. We provide demos in English and Arabic: https://www.kotobee.com/en/livedemo You can export ebooks in .apk format, this allows you to submit to Google Play. Our free trial is valid for a life-time. Do you mean we should expand the options available in the trial?
Edo M.
Business owner
Management Consulting, Self-employed
July 26, 2017

“Very useful EPUB editor and authoring tool, for small and medium tasks”

OverallFantastic tool for interactive catalogues and offers. Eye catching books for different devices are sometime a wining card.
ProsDesign is very practical, plain but no too much. Options are visible during work. Different layout modes adapt Your work to the best experience for reader. many options to make an excellent e-book with interactive content.
ConsMore available languages and skins would be nice. Customization options for user interface are nearly none. Learning curve can be, in beginning, slightly problematic.
July 26, 2017
Younes B.
Full Time Translator
Publishing, 11-50 employees
February 13, 2019

“The all-in one soultion for indie publisher ”

OverallIt presents the long waited and ever dreamed all-in-one software for the self-published authors and indie publisher and small presses. I consider myself a small local press and it helped me reduse the cost of production by whoping 80%.
ProsThe ability of the books that I make using this software to run across all devices and platforms. Its a very useful feature in this era of multimedia and omnichannel marketing.
ConsIts DRM protection is easy to break &That is not helpful for the authors on the long run.
February 13, 2019
Theresa K.
Writer, filmmaker, graphic designer
Media Production, Self-employed
April 22, 2017

“Great for publishing Arabic and English books ”

OverallI was able finally to publish my Arabic short stories book " surfing by a couch" I needed to include videos of the cities I visited in the stories and kotobee author was the solution for publishing the book in multimedia form.
ProsIt supports the Arabic language which opens new possibilities for the Arabic books. It can export the book in many formats pdf, epub, mobile app, windows program ...etc It supports including multimedia items.
ConsThe photos need to be more interactive than just shaking or zomming in or out. Maybe connect it with audio. And yes sure audio need to be possible to embed in addition to videos and not just links to YouTube. More interactive possibilities.
Recommendations to other buyersMore advertising as it is very important tool specially in the Arabic market.

By Kotobee on April 27, 2017
Thanks for your valuable feedback, Theresa. We always love to hear your insights on how we can further enhance our software. Just so you know, our latest update allows you to add embedded audio to images and other elements. We're also constantly working on growing our arsenal of interactive elements.
April 22, 2017
Lielle A.
Global Director Of Public Affairs
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
April 18, 2017

“Easy to Use with Great Results”

OverallKotobee author was very reasonably priced, and easy to use. It provided for many options and gave me exactly what I needed.
Proseasy to use
Conssome of the export options were difficult to figure out
Recommendations to other buyersinclude more options to create surveys and more options for how to put in answers.

By Kotobee on April 27, 2017
Thanks for your insights, Lielle. We hope you continue to find Kotobee Author exceeding your expectations. If you're having trouble figuring anything out, we provide free support to all our users through our support blog or by providing a free live demo. You can find our support blog here: https://support.kotobee.com You can book a free live demo here: https://www.kotobee.com/en/livedemo
alphonso h.
Scientist
Defense & Space, 1001-5000 employees
May 17, 2018

“Frustrating to say the least.”

OverallI am still struggling to produce my first book. None thus far.
ProsLike the fact that you can publish for all forms of tablets and not just iPad, with all interactivity intact. iBooks Author also allows publishing for all forms of tablets, BUT they cleverly reserve the best interactivity for only iPad users.
ConsTyping equations in Latex a pain in Kotobe Author. Apparently you have to download and install Katex. Why could this not already be in the installed version of Kotobe - like it is in Ibooks author. Customer Support have been at their game for so long, they cannot connect with customers who have basic problems. I find their responses assume so many levels of things that it makes it impossible to understand and implement the advice they give. Sometimes their responses cause even more problems than the original problem I posed. Maybe they should produce STEP by STEP YouTube videos on how to do things.
May 17, 2018
Maddi F.
Instructional Designer and Multimedia Specialist
February 17, 2018

“Wonderful!! Kotobee has some wonderful products to help you create and share some awesome eBooks!!”

ProsThere's so many options and different things you can do within Korobee's platform. I think one of the best things about Kotobee is it's customer service. It's superb. Any problem or question that I have, and ask, they get back to me very quickly!! They really work with you to make sure everything is working perfect for you. It's amacing!
ConsI sometimes wish that there was some more design tools within Kotobee. I often have to do some of my design stuff in a different program and bring it in.
February 17, 2018
Christo K.
Training & Develooment Consultant
E-Learning, 1-10 employees

“Great tool.”

OverallThe software has helped me to develop very easy to use interactive training material for my students.
ProsEase of use and the flexibility
ConsNone
Recommendations to other buyersExpand on wigets
Abdulraouf L.
MD
Medical Practice, 501-1000 employees
July 18, 2017

“Satisfactory”

OverallMaking electronic book that works on windows and mac
ProsEasy to use, has most of desired features, and inexpensive. Also, the customer service is awesome, I usually get a response within less than 24 hours
ConsLacks some advanced features such as 2 pages layout and it does not have unlimited wrapping capabilities and frequent crashes, I had to remake my book many times because I get a message " you file is corrupted"
July 18, 2017
Jeferson R.
April 18, 2017

“Kotobee siri marketing's review”

OverallI have a great experience with kotobee author. It is easy, practical and realloy nice to work with it. It made very easy to format the ebook and helped us a lot in release our eBook.
Leann M.
Author
Publishing, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
September 14, 2019

“Kotobee Author Review”

OverallStart a free trial today and you'll be hooked and Ebooked. Kotobee Author provides one of the simplest start to finish for creating an formatted, engaging, and branded Ebook.
ProsFormat choices. Personal branding capability. Interactive content allows me to engage my readers with video, audio and more.
ConsKotobee Author was a very positive experience for me. Ebook authors will take delight in Kotobee's ease of use.
September 14, 2019
Maibe P.
teacher
Education Management, 51-200 employees
April 27, 2017

“Excellent didactic strategy”

Overall This tool has allowed me to elaborate a new didactic strategy in which my students manage to read academic material from their cell phones in the classroom, thus allowing the use of paper and also making use of new tools that are made to young people Much more attractive, in this case the program allowed me to elaborate an interactive scientific guide that was stored on their cell phones. Most importantly, within the interactive guide I include activities such as questions, videos and 3D objects to better study science topics.
ConsThe only disadvantage is that the free version does not allow me to export the ebooks in scorm format to test it in my virtual classroom.
Recommendations to other buyers It is a tool that all teachers should use to improve their classrooms
April 27, 2017
May 28, 2018

“As advertised this can convert a PDF into a usable epub.”

ProsSoftware seems to have potential as a pro solution once they work out the bugs. The library and self publishing features are very positive and should be helpful in some cases.
ConsFor my use case (convert a PDF into clean, editable ebook) it didn't work at all. The epub it produced was filled with stray characters and formatting that made it unreadable. It had over 3,000 errors so the converted file was too screwed up to fix and not able to be used to publish.
May 28, 2018