Receipt Bank Ratings

Overall

About Receipt Bank

Receipt Bank is the worlds favourite paperless bookkeeping platform, connecting accountants, bookkeepers and businesses. Since 2010, weve been making it simple to capture, process and share financial documents so businesses can focus on what matters. You have better things to do than data entry. Thats why we help you drop the paper and save an average of three hours per week to do more of what you love, whether thats growing your business or taking Fridays off. With Receipt Bank, send and Learn more about Receipt Bank

August 15, 2018

“Forget the rest Receipt Bank is the best! Save time and gather more data!”

ProsI have been using Receipt Bank alongside Xero for at least 5 years now and I have tried the alternatives but for me RB is the best! It is easy, accurate and intelligent. Its super simple app alongside the emailing in, drag & drop, dropbox link etc makes adding receipts and bills easy so you are more likely to capture more items. The OCR works well and learns (it is however worth keeping an aye on things as sometimes it can go awry!). The supplier rules work well, it has a great user interface and is simple to navigate. I know that they do line by line splits on some supplier invoices and I would like to see that get more accessible. Overall Receipt Bank saves so much time and I think that they are still developing more and more features. I have had clients that hate it and there are a few nuances that you should pay attention to at the start but once you have it works brilliantly!! I have tried Datamolino, Autoentry and Xero direct for the day to day receipts & invoices but have always come back to Receipt Bank. Customer support has always been good, friendly and relatively speedy. I use Receipt Bank with all my clients - we insist upon it!
ConsI would probably say the thing that comes up over again is the price (I argue that rather pay them that than me for data entry!) but maybe if there was a lower starting price? I would love to see a Bill to client button and the option to break an invoice into lines as a standard option.
August 15, 2018
Joel N.
Data Analyst
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
June 6, 2019

“Accounting Made Simple with Receipt Bank”

OverallThe experience so far has been pleasant. Paperwork can be really daunting especially at the end of the month when you have to account for all the business transactions and present accounting and financial report on time. This software basically saves you the trouble by making things simpler and saving you a great deal of time.
ProsAll you have to do is take a photo of receipts and bills, make use of the drag and drop feature and get them into an accounting system for easy and quick reference. It saves you a good deal of time in accounting. With the OCR feature, you can easily get both the debit and credit card identified when receipts submitted show they have been used for payment. Moreover, you can find out the exact bank account for the debit/credit card used to ensure there's no error when making payment or tracking transactions. Receipt Bank simplifies bookkeeping in that you can be out and about and still be able to get things into the system without any constraint. This is actually possible thanks to the mobile app that lets you work as normal even when you are on the go. User-friendly and easy-to-navigate interface. The dashboard also simplifies bookkeeping and lets you gauge or track your customer's activity level from time to time. It captures accurate info. Just snap a photo and relax. The rest will be handled by the tool.
ConsData mining may exhibit a bit of issues sometimes. So it should definitely be checked.
June 6, 2019
Brett G.
July 26, 2018

“Smart Solution to manual bookkeeping entry”

OverallTime. This saves time . It also provides peace of mind.
ProsThe AI behind this software is smart and adaptive. The OCR recognition can identify the debit/credit card used on a submitted receipt and match that receipt payment to the specific bank account in your accounting software so you can avoid sending payments to the wrong account. For accounting firms, the bundled pricing is a great value to share with your clients. It does not just push the data to your accounting software, but will search your transactions in the software to try to find matches and will sync up the payments with ease.
ConsWhile they are doing good with the fetch option for online invoices (they can pull the statements and invoices from online billers, such as cell phone or internet), they do not have the capability, currently, to pull bank statements. Add this feature and we have an unmatched solution to this expense capture sector in my opinion.
July 26, 2018
Accounting, Unspecified
March 13, 2018

“Useful app that makes bookkeeping much more efficient”

ProsThis software makes bookkeeping very easy, even when on the go. The mobile app is perfect for tradespeople and those on the road. The dashboard feature is particularly useful to us a bookkeeping business as we can monitor that activity level of our clients as well as ensuring the correct uploading of their documents.
ConsWe have found ourselves paying over the odds for this software on behalf of clients whose business sees peaks and troughs in terms of activity and so some months can be charged at a higher rate because they reflect the previous month's activity, despite little to know uploads taking place in the month following. We would much prefer to pay for the software on a credit system whereby we pay for what we use.
March 13, 2018
Media Production, 1-10 employees
March 16, 2018

“Saves me so much time and keeps me on top of my bookkeeping”

ProsFast, efficient, and I am always on top of my bookkeeping. I scan receipts with the iOS Dropbox app and place them in a shared folder. The next day my receipts have been data-mined, and are ready for me to double check before pushing them to my FreeAgent account. This process shaves hours off my monthly bookkeeping.
ConsOccasionally there is a small error in the data mining, usually due to a receipt displaying information in an unusual place or style.
March 16, 2018
Joby I.
April 30, 2018

“Finally accounts are paperless ”

ProsThis app saves so much time and messing about with recipes and invoices when you are doing accounts. It is very easy to use with the iPhone app, online and via email. Whenever I buy something I can just take a photo of the receipt in the app upload it and forget about it. I can also email receipts for online purchases directly to my receipt bank account. The system then picks out all the information and passes to my accounts software (Xero) I don't have to worry about loosing receipts or searching for emailed invoices. It saves me loads of time and avoid boxes of receipts at the end of the year.
ConsI don't really have any downsides to this product does what it says on the tin easy to use and reliable.
April 30, 2018
Boyd T.
July 24, 2018

“I use this to input all of my receipts for my business.”

OverallEase of inputting receipts into accounting software.
ProsI can auto-forward bills and invoices I receive via email to Receipt Bank, the ones which are consistent, I can even auto-publish to my accounting software (XERO)
ConsI'm in Canada and have a few bills I pay in US funds. Occasionally a receipt will spontaneously switch currencies for no apparent reason.
July 24, 2018
Graham L.
Managing Director
April 17, 2018

“Overall superb”

ProsThe accuracy really is superb! It is amazingly how accurately it gets the information required from what is often messy, crumpled or poor quality receipts
ConsThe main criticism is that I need a totally separate account per business. Would be better to handle multiples from one login. Also seems bonkers to have to pay extra for more users, has no bearing on the required server time or functionality's...eg zero benefits to just sharing a login .so to charge for it seems wrong. Lastly, the GUI could be modernized slightly
April 17, 2018
Brooke H.
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
September 3, 2018

“Easy expense tracking for small business”

ProsI love how easy it is to use Receipt Bank! Simply taking a photo of my receipts has alleviated so much stress when it comes to month end and just the general brain space it takes to keep track of paper receipts.
ConsI honestly don't have any complaints about the software.
September 3, 2018
Garreth N C.
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11-50 employees
March 26, 2019

“Effective, bit pricey, bit complex”

OverallWell, you get the same functionality but better with Xero Standard. So why buy this? Just get Xero
ProsIt works! The OCR was very good at reading receipts and storing data in the right ledger code. Saved me lots of time
ConsTricky to set up, costly. Now there are other products with same functionality but cheaper
AM S.
January 5, 2019

“Time Saving tool”

ProsI have been using Receipt bank from last 2+ years, its a great tool to save time & a lot of data entry. My client are also happy to save time & cost due to using Receipt Bank.
ConsIn some case its mixes currency sign and user need to review receipt and verify currency to avoid later issues.
January 5, 2019
Priscilla B.
Office Administrator
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees
July 2, 2018

“Excellent Soo Far”

OverallGreat
ProsThis software has made organizing my receipts very painless and efficient. I like the fact that a copy of my receipt is kept in this database and another copy in my accounting software when receipts are pushed over.
ConsI find that sometimes when I send invoices directly from my email into receipt bank, not all the invoices are recorded or even appear. My accountant has to notify me to resend them to her personal email when she reconciles our books monthly.
July 2, 2018
Claude W.
Business Development Manager
Information Services, 1-10 employees
September 18, 2015

“Receipt Bank frees up time”

OverallI've worked with Receipt Bank for over a year. First used it for my business, then for other businesses. It's basically the best product currently on the market. It frees up time for SMEs, I can see how it worked in our practice and also for other clients. Instead of having to manually type all the details, Receipt Bank will scan it all for you and help you manage this process. The development team is very progressive and they are very keen on making this product work for your business.
ProsIt can scan hand written receipts. Taxi receipts are a headache and we've put the system to the test, it's absolutely brilliant at recognising even the odd receipts.
ConsWe had a few cases where the receipts were coded with the wrong currency, instead of GBP we had AUD. You just need to make sure you review these receipts and make sure you spot such errors.
September 18, 2015
Olivia B.
SRE
Market Research, 11-50 employees
September 11, 2019

“convenient expenses”

OverallSimple to use and convenient, but could be fine-tuned to make it even easier.
ProsThis software has a mobile app which is incredibly useful as you can just take pictures of the receipt while you're out and about so don't have to worry about keeping them safe. the app itself is simple to use, though could be fine-tuned. The accountants at receipt-bank are switched on and will follow-up with any outstanding or incomplete expenses, and answer any question you may have about the status of a particular expense very quickly.
ConsIn the app there are some unnecessary fields that you don't have to fill in, but they are named the same as one which you do, which was confusing at first, but now I am used to it. Also the accountants ask how you paid e.g. personal card / cash, or a company card etc, but there is no option for this so you have to remember to write it in the notes section, which is not an issues, but something to bear in mind to avoid hassle further down the line. It is also worth noting that the expenses take a while to verify, so submit then and maybe check on it in a day or so rather than expecting it to accept it then and there.
September 11, 2019
Theodore B.
Financial Analyst
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
February 26, 2019

“Receipt Bank is a Cool Software”

ProsReceipt Bank is really a time saver software in term of keeping records of your expenses receipt. Moreover, its integration with accounting software like Xero is very useful.
ConsNegative points on Receipt Bank is the Invoice "Fetch" functionality that is a very good idea but never worked properly since I am using the software. This functionality is creating more problem by creating duplicates than actually saving time.
February 26, 2019
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
November 26, 2018

“Time saver”

ProsAbsolutely love the way it can OCR, use rules I set up, and then export the data to QBO
ConsHandling of taxes... while it reads the tax amount, we in BC have a challenge with it seperating our PST and GST amounts. (But the promise a fix is coming).
November 26, 2018
Nikki B.
Accounts Manager
Veterinary, 11-50 employees
May 18, 2017

“No more paper clogging the filing cabinet!!”

OverallTime and money saving
ProsThis software is so helpful in clearing all the receipts/invoices/statements from my desk. I either photograph with my phone or attach from email and then I can shred or delete. I've gone from spending hours filing to minutes uploading. Awesome program!!
ConsSometimes it takes awhile for the invoices to be processed but I don't find that a big concern as I have plenty of other work to get on with.
May 18, 2017
Courtney E.
Team Lead/Senior Staff Accountant
Accounting, 51-200 employees
December 5, 2018

“Receipt Bank--Help Code Expenses”

OverallOverall pleasant experience. Using this platform helps eliminate a great deal of the back and forth questioning between our team and our clients' spending. Holds the client somewhat responsible for accurately capturing expense data. Somewhat works as a digital filing cabinet as paper receipt retention is not needed.
ProsEase of use and I'm able to manage from my mobile device on the go.
ConsI don't believe it accommodates classes in case you have difference locations you're tracking in GL.
December 5, 2018
Marianne G.
Office Administrator
March 5, 2018

“Time-saver for processing expense claims in a business”

ProsIt saves time by finding most of the information it needs and then lets you review it. Allows for people to submit receipt online, which is great for a business where most employees are spread out across Canada.
ConsSome things are confusing when submitting receipts by email. For example, if you send an email without an attachment, then the email itself becomes the receipt, but when it has an attachment, the information someone might have written in the email itself does not show up anywhere, since only the attachment will show up as a receipt. This makes for some confusion for our users.
March 5, 2018
Design, 1-10 employees
August 2, 2018

“So easy and versatile!”

OverallAccountability and record keeping is greatly improved!
ProsMy company started using this to keep us in compliance - and keep our accountant happy. IT IS AWESOME! There are so many ways to upload receipts - it makes this extra step in our work day so much easier. You can scan and upload the receipt via their website. You can send it to a personalized email address to upload the receipt, you can use their app... it is fantastic. And our accountant is super happy with the results!
Cons I can honestly say there isn't anything bad about this program. It stinks we have to take the extra time to be more diligent about our receipts, but the program really helps ease that hassle.
August 2, 2018
Accounting, 201-500 employees
April 10, 2018

“Great tool to reduce the time and hassle of collating expense receipts and vendor bills.”

ProsThis is a must have application as it just cuts down so much admin. Supplier rules and giving employees their own logins to do expense reports makes it so easy to implement and get running.
ConsSystem has some things missing such as multiple accounts with the same email. There is also the issue of no multilevel authorisation processes.
April 10, 2018
Sarah C.
August 15, 2019

“Receipt Bank is a Time Saver, however the customer service is lacking”

ProsWE like the extraction/invoice fetching ability For the most part, the tax extraction is correct.
ConsCustomer service really lacking, often account manager are not responsive at all
August 15, 2019
Construction, 11-50 employees
March 27, 2017

“Receipt Bank - Good Value for Money & Super Easy to Use”

ProsGreat price Very easy to use Customer Service is very responsive and knowledgable Easy interface Great mobile App Reduces errors
ConsWaiting for receipt bank to read invoices, it is very fast but would be even better if faster like everything :)
March 27, 2017
Philanthropy, 1-10 employees
April 30, 2019

“Great for Streamlining Bookkeeping”

ProsThe ability to take a picture of a receipt while traveling and not have to stress about losing them has been great. The software also has OCR, which scans each receipt and picks up which vendor the purchase was made from - allowing the user to make edits afterward but not have to input a ton of information in the beginning.
ConsI wish there was a way to bypass the scanning feature. Receipts will sometimes process for over 5 hours, and if I'm working on an expense report I'd like to be able to type in the information myself if it'll go faster.
April 30, 2019
Angela N.
Accounting, Self-employed
August 5, 2019

“Receipt Bank Review”

OverallVERY BAD, EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED. SALES TEAM SAID TECH SUPPORT WERE SUPERSTARS, THEY DON'T EXIST. YOU HAVE A WEB PAGE AND A CHAT ROOM. UGH SO FRUSTRATING!!! SALES TEAM LEADS YOU TO BELIEVE YOU GET MORE THAN YOU REALLY ARE. USELESS IF YOU USE QUICK BOOKS DESKTOP.
Prosthe ocr technology is very good. i get my own free account
ConsZERO CUSTOMER SUPPORT. SALES TEAM MISLEAD CAPABILITIES OF INTEGRATION TO QBD. EXCESSIVE SET UP TIME. NO ASSISTANCE TO HELP YOU GET YOUR CLIENTS SET UP AND RUNNING WITH THE APP.
August 5, 2019
Jack P.
software support specialist
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
September 14, 2018

“Useful tool that assists with efficiency”

OverallThis app is perfect for anyone needing a reduction in the hassles of keeping up with receipts or invoices for ongoing or recurring expenses, especially when needing to submit expense reports and be reimbursed. Although it could use a few enhancements on intuitiveness and user experience, this is a great tool which drastically reduces time consumption for compiling and saving receipts, invoices, etc., by minimizing time spent compiling, tracking and submitting those items. It also allows payroll personnel to easily manage and facilitate employee or contractor expenses and/or reimbursements. Very useful.
ProsSeamless upload of receipts/invoices Intelligent handling and rendering of scanned/copied files Big-time time-saver! Makes creating and submitting expense reports very simple and quick
ConsModerate learning curb Help tools are for admin side, not really applicable to user-end inquiries
September 14, 2018
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
July 18, 2019

“Receipt Bank makes expense reports a more painless process.”

ProsI like Receipt Bank because, as a user, I can easily pull up my app and record my receipt and add any additional details within a few minutes of receiving the receipt.
ConsThe desktop version could be updated on a more consistent basis.
July 18, 2019
Alexander N.
Tax Professional
April 22, 2018

“Receipt Bank is very good HubDoc alternative. May be it is better.”

OverallSave a lot of time.
ProsDocument recognizing quality. Branded mobile application. Good additional (for extra money) futures.
ConsPrice may be. Very expensive (for my opinion) for a lot of documents. More futures for UK market that for Canada market :(
April 22, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
April 17, 2019

“Keep tabs on your receipts in the easiest possible way”

ProsReceipt Bank has allowed my team of five people to get their expense reports together in consistent way. We categorize them and submit them for approval. It has streamlined the way we do expense reports. The API integration with Xero is a big plus for us.
ConsI don't have anything negative to say about receipt Bank.
April 17, 2019
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees
December 16, 2018

“Tracking”

OverallVery Good
ProsExcellent app for categorizing and reviewing and administer expenses without needing QB access
ConsAll good with exceptions like sometimes flakey initial guesses at categories
December 16, 2018
Mackenzie M.
Accountant
October 16, 2018

“Smart Technology”

OverallRB is a big time saver! It puts the onus on the client to ensure that they are providing the correct documentation for purchases, rather than having to chase them.
ProsThe smart AI technology used by Receipt bank makes it easier for clients to reconcile their Xero accounts and to ensure that the correct documentation is provided, saving all parties time and money!
ConsThe pricing can be slightly on the high side of things. Hopefully this will come down when economies of scale starts to kick in, to make it more affordable for all clients who would benefit from using Receipt Bank
October 16, 2018
Christine M.
November 15, 2018

“Could be great - I'm saving a bit of time, but the potential is there for more time savings....”

ProsLike the automation, keeping all receipts in one place, uploading is easy and usually does a great job with reading from the sometimes crumpled receipts.
ConsIt doesn't integrate with Quickbooks Desktop - they've told me it's coming though. Once that's in place I could be saving wayyyy more time. Would also like to be able to see on the screen a field for payment method (visa or mc and last four digits of card), instead of only viewing it when the csv is created. Also, would like to be able to upload a job/customer from QBDT for job costing and classes, like the account/category upload.... but that might be too software specific...
November 15, 2018
Nick M.
Automotive, 11-50 employees
August 10, 2019

“Receipt Bank is helping me go paperless”

ProsLove the app which allows me to snap a picture of my receipt and upload it. Much of the info is automatically decoded by the receipt bank program.
ConsSometimes the vendors don't match the vendor in my QuickBooks.
August 10, 2019
Katrina R.
Senior Accountant
Accounting, 11-50 employees
November 7, 2018

“For the time challenged”

OverallMy biggest wins have been with construction clients that no longer have to sit and enter hundreds of parts invoices themselves and a truck driver who can take a photo of his fuel receipts and I no longer have to collect a shoebox of dirty receipts!
ProsI love anything that takes the hassle out of data entry. The ability to upload information and have the data transferred to your accounting program for you is invaluable.
ConsI don't really have much I don't like about this.
November 7, 2018
Courtney G.
Esthetician
Cosmetics, Self-employed
May 19, 2019

“Receipt Bank”

ProsFast, efficient, easy to use! Does a superb job of making out even crumpled receipts and keeping the data accurate.
ConsHave received only a few minor errors that were easy to fix.
May 19, 2019
11-50 employees
May 30, 2018

“Poor product and poor customer service.”

ProsGreat idea, if it worked (would be really quick and easy to use), and if it had decent customer service (so when things go wrong they are easy to sort out), but it doesn't and they don't.
ConsCan't upload receipts separately. I have 2 taxi receipts for the same day for the same amount (as I rounded them both up) despite the receipts looking completely different (one with about 2 lines of writing, the other with 6) Receipt Bank keep combining the receipts into one, and then deleting new versions when I try to upload them separately. Apparently, it isn't an issue with the product because they match, supplier, date and amount but bear in mind they choose the supplier and set them both ton Taxi (whereas I would have been more specific). They send me a link to sort it out, but the link went nowhere and ended in Oops, you've taken a wrong turn. Now they have stopped replying. Poor product and poor customer service.
May 30, 2018
Pia D.
Project/Tours Manager
July 7, 2018

“Safes times and helps to be organized”

ProsThis application has helped me to be organized with the receipts and invoices for the bookeeping, it saves me time with all the filing and input. I have done a trial session and will keep trying it, it has made a difference in the amount of time i spend on bookeeping and my bookkeeper is also happy.
ConsSometimes there are some errors when I try to upload receipts and email them, nothing mayor so far, but it doesn happen. I haven't encountered too many other faults yet, but I just started.
July 7, 2018

January 16, 2018
Accounting, Self-employed
January 9, 2018

“Massive time saver”

ProsMuch quicker than inputting receipts manually. Integrates with different accounting software. Can read emails as well as pdf and pictures.
ConsExpensive unless used a lot as have to pay a set monthly fee rather than pay per usage. As accountant/bookkeeper works out more expensive than another app i use. Sometimes changes things when it sends across to accounting package so uses time up rechecking.
January 9, 2018
Jose M.
Bookkeeping Assistant
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
February 15, 2019

“Great for anyone who wants to save a little time”

ProsWe use this along with Xero and it makes it so easy to upload receipts and keep track of our expenses. It's great in that it integrates well with other software so you dont have to worry too much about compatibility.
ConsThe time that receipts process can sometimes be long when you are wanting to do a lot.
February 15, 2019
Sagar D.
Developer
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
July 20, 2017

“One and only bookkeeping software to use”

OverallImage recognition for book keeping reciepts
ProsI have been using this software for bookkeeping for a firsttime for bookkeepings and and I think this will be the last. So good.
ConsIs incompatible with some of my reciepts that I use, which I have to manually add some of the items for bookkeeping.
July 20, 2017
Manjur A.
Partner
Financial Services, Unspecified
March 28, 2018

“Semi-Automation tool for Receipt management”

ProsReceipt scanning functionality is great, just by setting up email ID dedicated to the system can fetch all receipts and process for accounting ready details.
ConsSome during processing its happens that wrong currency and tax code are mismatched, which leads to errors also in processing.
March 28, 2018

Scott O.

Matthew T.
Construction, 1-10 employees
December 12, 2018

“Wonderful for using a phone to track receipts”

ProsSuper simple concept take a shot of a receipt, let OCR read it and enter in, save it onto a server and don't think about it again. Pulls receipts from amazong and G-suit which saves time logging in.
ConsFor me Quickbooks Desktop sync was tough and at the current moment after trying for 5hrs to get going not working. But, I found that it's easier to manage once I gave up on that feature.
December 12, 2018