ConstructionOnline Ratings

Overall

About ConstructionOnline

Cloud-based project management platform which helps construction firms with cost tracking, contract management and order management. Learn more about ConstructionOnline

Johanna L.
May 10, 2017

“Katy taught me how to update contacts to allow for punchlist viewing by our team members.”

OverallSo many! Help with organizing - help with scheduling - help with wrangling everything!!! Gotta get back to work.
ProsI enjoy the cross platform functionality. It's so great to be able to access our files from any location, either online or from our servers in the office. This makes a big difference as our team (and project list) continues to grow - we can allow viewing of select items/lists and we don't need to force anyone to use Mac or Windows to work within UDA. Far surpassing any software features, though, the fact that your IT staff is so prompt to respond and so helpful launches this software into one of my favorites I've ever worked with. All software has issues - it's how you respond and deal with those issues that differentiate you from the rest and I thank you for it. Now if you can just have some IT available until 5pm West Coast time (where I am) my dreams would really come true. Thank you to Katy and all the other fabulously helpful people I've interacted with!
ConsA trifling issue, but since you asked - when I add documents from our computer to the Project Files for a job, it's pretty wonky and time consuming. If I drag an item to the file list, instead of showing it was added - the file list scrolls back to the top so I have to scroll back down to see if it was even added - which it usually wasn't. This happens each time. This means I've taken to adding each document twice to ensure it imports so I don't need to scroll down to check if it's there or not. It would be MUCH nicer if the file list stayed put while I added files so I could see where - and that they were added to the list. Sometimes UDA lets me add mutliple documents and adds a 1 or 2 after each multiple - and sometimes it warns me that it already has that doc in the file. If this warning could pop up every time, I wouldn't need to then re-scroll down to the files I just added and delete duplicates. Also - just like when I add files, when I delete a duplicate the file list automatically scrolls back up to the top so I have to manually go back down to where I was to delete the next duplicate.
May 10, 2017
Rean W.
October 17, 2017

“This is the best new "toy" I've had in years. I feel like a kid in a candy store!”

OverallSaves time. Makes it easy to find stuff. Helps you stay organized. Keeps subs, vendors, owners, architects, vendors all on the same page.
ProsI am a new user of this kind of software. A few months ago I did not even know that something like this existed. It has opened a whole new world for me and I am blown away by what this software can do. We demo'ed a few competing products before making a choice and it was the wide range of features at the most competitive price that sold us on ConstructionOnline. I especially like the messaging feature which is basically an email system dedicated to one specific project.
ConsThere is nothing I really dislike about ConstructionOnline, there are just some features I do not use as they do not meet my needs as a commercial general contractor. For example, I do not use Estimating and Change Orders as they seem to be less robust than some of the other software products. These features seem to be geared more towards the residential market. However, I realize it is hard to be everything for everyone. A feature, I think, that would be nice would be the ability to sign documents electronically. Maybe one can do it through Redline; if so, I have not been able to figure it out yet. As a general contractor one has to collect submittal packages from vendors and subcontractors, review them, and then attach a separate sheet to the package, that contains your stamp of approval/comments/signature on it, before you forward the submittal package on to the architect/engineer for review. On this submittal sheet there is space for the different reviewers to add their stamps as well. It would be nice if ConstructionOnline could generate this submittal sheet that you can attach to submittal packages sent to you. Currently, I generate the submittal sheet in another project management program, print it, place my stamp on it, sign it, scan it back into my computer, upload it to a pdf editor, add it to the submittal package file, and then upload the combined file to ConstructionOnline. It would be nice if you could do it all in ConstructionOnline.
October 17, 2017
Arleen D.
March 8, 2016

“Time saving and expert and friendly support team”

ProsWith regret, I took my time integrating with my QuickBooks software. After a little over 2 years of having Construction Suite, I finally took the plunge and began the integration process between the two software programs. I love the ease at customizing the software to suit our particular business. The customer support is second to none! The staff is quick to resolve any issues and answer questions minimizing any downtime. No worries! If I make a mistake the staff is quick to show me what I did, while correcting my mistake. Mistakes happen, it is nice to know I have support when and if I need it. I highly recommend the total care package. You will not be disappointed! As for the reporting, Construction Suite provides additional useful reports to help evaluate the current state of your business and let you see at a glance the progress of all projects both financially and the current phase.
ConsDon't really have any dislikes! My only complaint is that I waited too long to do the integration between my software programs!
Recommendations to other buyersGive the trial a test run, you will be amazed at how much time you can save and the invaluable reports available for your business after integrating with QuickBooks! Definitely take advantage of the free webinars! You can watch them as often as necessary to learn the software. I just recently integrated with our QuickBooks software. The process was basically seamless except for a few hiccups, but they were my typing issues not the software! After I corrected my typing, the two programs are now integrated, saving me lots of time and frustration! My recommendation is to do the integration as soon as you can! This will enable you to reap the many benefits and useful tools UDA Construction Suite has to offer! After all time is $$$$
March 8, 2016
Eugene F.
June 16, 2019

“As a UDA Construction User,”

OverallWonderful
ProsI use this software on a daily basis and the organization it brings to my project tracking, and scheduling is unbelievable. From estimates to completion, the software makes it possible to keep track of it all. What great software!
ConsAbout the software itself, I have no complaints. I have been using UDA Construction since 2004 and the software has a learning curve that needs a serious commitment and that is one of the reasons why I like the app so much because a lot of the data can be updated from the field. The learning curve was steep over the years but it has only skilled me in how one should think around construction projects which is also a benefit. The learning curve, however, for me has been slow for the simple reason that as my experience and projects grew the demand exponentially grew on the software itself, so my learning curve followed that trend.
June 16, 2019
Rebekah R.
September 2, 2016

“User friendly and a great value!”

ProsUDA ConstructionOnline was very easy to use and navigate. As I was setting the system up and learning how to navigate through all of the features, the customer service/help desk team was always there to answer my questions. If the person that answered the phone could not help me, then they always found a person that could.
ConsA pro/con about the product is that there are a lot of different sections which allows for a lot of different types of activities to be performed within the same platform. I liked the option to update properties through the app, but I didn't like that all of the different activities usually took many clicks to get to the right place. It would be helpful if the site was more integrated and allowed for information to be transferred from Punch List to Schedule to Game Plan to To-Do more easily. Seemed like I was setting up the same information in four different places and that can be time consuming.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are looking for a software that will give you a great PunchList application that is very easy to use and presentable to customers, this is a perfect fit. I believe that we could have used this software more fully if we had integrated all of our customers, clients and workers. But we did not go that far. I love that it is possible to send reminders through email and text, that is a very helpful feature for organizing all of our workers. I would recommend that if you are considering this software to give it a try for at least 2-3 months. It is a great way to see if it will work for your company and also there is no risk involved. There are no additional set-up fees and all training/set-up help is included in the initial and monthly cost. This is a great product for the price and we are glad that we found UDA ConstructionOnline.
September 2, 2016
Barry T.
January 27, 2016

“ConstructionOnline reliability & support”

ProsSomething that seems to be increasingly rare these days is that the company behind Construction Online (and Construction Suite) stands behind their product 100% and the quality & level of support is how I wish all my suppliers and business partners were. Over the years I have looked at alternative systems just to make sure we are not missing out on a better alternative ... and I am confident we are not. I am also a big fan of their pricing model ... the alternative systems where you pay for a set number of projects can rapidly become very expensive for a company such as ourselves as we do lots of smaller renovation projects as opposed to only a few larger ones per year. There is no limit to the amount of business we do so it is easy to allow this system to grow with our business without any financial "penalty".
ConsI genuinely do not have any negative comments ... the product continues to grow and enhancements are added and unlike many systems, they do appear to test pretty thoroughly before releasing an update to the software.
Recommendations to other buyersGive it time ... you can't do a reasonable evaluation in just a few weeks. It has a lot of functionality so can appear complex at first.
January 27, 2016
Michael C.
July 4, 2019

“Good Construction Software”

OverallI been using Construction Suite and Construction Online for many years. It is a well thought out software.
ProsConstruction Online gives me the value of having everything I need in one place. Plus the client portal is a major plus for communication with my clients on change orders, scheduling, etc.
ConsDon't have any complaints. Sometimes when you need someone to help you, it may be awhile before they do call back.
July 4, 2019
Jorge T.
Co- Founder/ Project Manager
May 3, 2017

“This products has the potential of being one of the contractor most valuable tools.”

ProsThere is a value in communication and instant data upload with our Customers and Sub's. The ability to instantly upload pictures, punch list, RFI, client selection and change orders or adjusting architectural drawings on the fly is a valuable tool and these are but a few of the tools we use please keep improving the software.
ConsThere are a lot of software limitation such as the search for contacts and the ability to set categories and sub categories. The ability to rotate the plans once they are in the plan room. The ability for some of the apps to connect properly with the online software such as time tracking or the use of plan room on an iPad or other tablet which has a lot of glitch's and does not work fluently.
May 3, 2017
Robert B.
Senior Project Manager
August 9, 2017

“Significant ease of use and straight forward organization of Construction Online. ”

OverallUDA is a one stop shop for all my project management needs. I use UDA and Microsoft Outlook as my main two software tools on a daily basis.
ProsConstantly updating and evolving with more features. Easy to acclimate new users to features specifically used for their job duties. It is not an all or nothing software. We can limit users to features that will increase their productivity and not inundate nor confuse them with features that are not beneficial to their work flow.
ConsSometimes big time on web server don't know if it is due to # of users or or amount of information contained in our company files. Wish the web server could process the information faster when imputing data.
August 9, 2017
Bennett G.
November 24, 2015

“Useable right out of the box”

ProsThe software is very flexible and can be customized the individual way anyone compiles their estimates. The folks at UDA are always courteous and friendly.
ConsPRODUCT: The Project descriptions ("Scopes of Work") are not tied directly to the individual estimates inside a "Project". So, if you have multiple versions/revisions of an estimate for a Project (like changing around scope of work or specifications during the "Sales Process" based on client discussions (e.g. adding or subtracting), you are forced to remember to go into a different module to change the original "description" that you wrote or your estimate and specifications will not match. VENDOR: (1) They do a very poor job of communicating changes to the software they have made and/or what changes may actually be planned. It would seem simple enough to produce a feature change log. (2) If you leave a message at the office there is only about a 10% chance you will receive a return call.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't get thrown by "bells and whistles" because they may be more "want" than "need". Keep focused on your core company needs and how quickly you can be up and running on a software.
November 24, 2015
Elizabeth G.
Accounting Manager/Closing Coordinator
June 20, 2017

“Software is Good; Customer Service is Amazing”

OverallGood software. A little pricey in my opinion. Does have a lot to it that you can use if someone really wanted to use all the functions and features. But the customer service almost makes it worth it all. Caroline Prater really keeps me staying with the software when I have wanted to leave this software in the past. Because of the customer service it makes me stay. :)
ProsCustomer Service is always there to help. Carolina Prater is amazing and always promptly answers my questions or issues I may have.
ConsThe app has a lot to be desired. It is having issues at least once a month I get my job supers coming into office telling me something won't work.
June 20, 2017
Charles A.
July 23, 2015

“Construction online helps me keep it all straight”

ProsCO keeps all my documents, notes, logs, appointments and anything else I need to put in there and organizes it in a simple way so I can get what I need when I need it. This business can be crazy, and CO is a powerful tool that lets me keep things under control. I'm learning more all the time, and I know I don't use it to its fullest yet, but even so my business has shown a tremendous impact. Staying organized is what it is all about. The guys at UDA have always been so helpful and respectful. They are able to guide me when I need it even if I am under a deadline and stressed out. If there is a problem they cant't fix on the phone, they can get on the screen share and find a solution or get back to me with a fix in a reasonable time.
ConsI have no complaints at all. Maybe I'd like it more if they were headquartered in my town.
Recommendations to other buyersI give this software and UDA Technologies a 10 out of 10. If you are shopping for construction management software I recommend you give this one a test drive.
July 23, 2015
Christopher W.
July 3, 2018

“Great service from all the support group. The rep is always so helpful.”

ProsConstruction Online has helped organize Core Contracting by using the technology of construction online. Construction Online is always improving, which is one thing I like so much. We are able to complete estimates, create dynamic schedule and connect with our customers using this one product.
ConsWhen you use the product as designed, I don't see any negatives. I think scheduled ongoing training would eliminate allot of issues. Pick as section, get to know it, by using it, and then aim to learn another section anothertime
July 3, 2018
layne b.
February 26, 2018

“Has allowed us to greatly streamline our opperations ”

ProsThe project and team management tools will be a huge asset to our system. I like the ability to create templates. I think the estimating is easy to use and very useful
ConsI would like to be able to have some initial set up control power on my end when setting up sub contractors. It's absolutely essential that I be able to pull up the estimating docs from the app, so as to cross reference different items. Simply looking at a pdf version is not the same. I think there should be a way to classify projects. For example, once a contract is signed I would turn the project over to live. At that point, the estimate can't be altered, only change orders created. Some of the projects we begin building will never turn into jobs, so they will only have the estimating portion done more than likely. I wouldn't want that project to count as an overall project and go against the total amount we are allowed. But I would want to be able to at least be able to estimate through the system so if it turns into a job, it can carry over. I also think it's really important to be able to use the scheduling system through the app. I wish there were more options to customize the estimate reports to look more professional.
February 26, 2018
Alex K.
2.5/5
January 8, 2016

“ConstructionOnline just keeps getting better. ”

ProsI feel the product is in Sync with the building Industry. and I appreciate that UDA Technologies try hard to match Building practices/terminology with companies from each country that use the software! We build on the East Coast of Australia, between South West Rocks and Tweed Heads of New South Wales. Our Company puts Mobile apps designed by UDA to good use, and with such a big area We have to contend with, We find that these apps work very well. Our Company has been using UDA products for at least 7 years, and in the time We have experienced the effort UDA has put in to be on top of the game.
ConsNavigation through the software on a "project basis" can be streamlined. there is a lack of written help files, and best use of software, in manual form, for quick reference.
Recommendations to other buyersPrior to evaluating this software I recommend that you should watch the overview about ConstructionOnline first, so that you can be informed for the 15 day trial.
January 8, 2016
Peter S.
Designer/Estimator/Sales/IT
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
April 24, 2017

“On the Right Track”

OverallThere are a load of great features that one day will make this software a pleasure to use. ConstructionSuite and ConstructionOnline are separately great products, but their interaction is clunky and leaves something to be desired. For all of the benefits that each provides, it is a chore to keep track of what tasks can be accomplished in each piece of software. With the great staff, support, and developers behind the product, I hope that one day this will be a much more smooth user experience. There is so much that it has to offer, but it still needs a fair amount of development before it is seamless. As a company, we will continue to use the software for the powerhouse that it is, and anxiously await updates. Additionally, the support staff has been a pleasure to work with, and their knowledge has helped us to take advantage of the software.
ProsThe range of features, cost database/estimating software, project management capabilities
ConsThe dual nature of ConstructionOnline and ConstructionSuite. Their integration is clunky and frustrating. There are a lot of features that seem like good ideas, but are only half baked, as of yet. The Google Calendar integration and its inability to work only one direction is one of these. Keeping track of what syncs automatically or manually between Suite and Online is frustrating too.
April 24, 2017
Andrew N.
2.5/5
August 20, 2015

“I mostly use the logging and punch list features on a day-to-day basis”

ProsWhen I called for help, I received an immediate and effective solution, and the project logging application is much easier than using a spreadsheet.
ConsI think that the punch list function should automatically copy me on all punch list reminders that are sent to subs so I can follow up with them on the same email thread and keep conversations better organized. The work log resource type should be more robust as it does not appear to be developed by someone with construction experience (obviously builders do not typically moonlight as software developers, but I think there is more room for growth in catering to construction professionals).
Recommendations to other buyersHave the actual user evaluate the software. While a software engineer may be looking at ease of use and pathways for information, they are not taking into account real world needs. Accountability for instance: the punch list function would work much better if there was a way to see if the information has been received by the intended subcontractor. I often have subs tell me that they do not receive the punch list information after I have taken the time to input it. I also think that the mobile apps should be compiled into one and retooled to talk to the camera so that you do not need to leave the app to take and send photos.
August 20, 2015
Russell D.
Controller
May 10, 2019

“UDA ConstructionOnline is User Friendly”

OverallWe have moved some of our paper processes to electronic and we now have better oversight on the overall business. The intent is to move all or most of our project related processes to the platform and become much more efficient and have greater information at our fingertips.
ProsThe overall platform is user friendly and UDA listens to feature requests and works to incorporate your ideas for improved functionality.
ConsThe software does not cover all of our cross functional needs, but UDA is actively working on making improvements that will hopefully satisfy all of our needs.
May 10, 2019
Oscar V.
Vice president
Construction, 10,001+ employees
October 31, 2018

“Best product I used for more than a year”

OverallThis product has all your needs so worth it.
ProsThis product have a wide range of features that I can't ever imagine having it in a single product , It increase our efficiency and so convenient to use. I love this product so much!
ConsSo far I don't have any negative comment on using this product , I really appreciate there team effort for making this kind of product that continuously improving.
October 31, 2018
Kevin W.
July 28, 2017

“Been a user for over ten years now with all the new features I don't need to look anywhere else.”

OverallMore productive and organized allows me time in the field to deal with issues instead of in my office making phone calls.
ProsThe online scheduling and Game plan features allows me to do more with less people. We are also using the client portal to keep our clients informed.
ConsI realize this is a new feature and still in Beta but would like to see increased load speeds on Red line plan room.
July 28, 2017
Bob K.
February 17, 2016

“Construction Suite earns their TOP HONORS awards!”

ProsConstruction Suite is a complete software package that works fantastic for our custom home business. The reporting aspect of the estimating portion, makes our sales presentation to the perspective buyer run very smooth. The program runs seamlessly with QuickBooks, which makes our decision to use Construction Suite easier.
ConsHaven't found anything that we don't like. The more we use the program, the more features we begin to implement within the company.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't look elsewhere! The reason Construction Suite wins all of these top awards are evident. The program works fantastic and if there are any issues, the support staff is by far...the best I've ever experienced. They are very quick to handle the issues and they follow up with us to make sure that all is working well. There training videos for new users is also a huge plus.
February 17, 2016
Sofia M.
Architect / Project Manager
Commercial Real Estate, Unspecified
February 3, 2016

“BEST ONLINE TOOL to Manage your Construction Team”

ProsRight now I have the PRO USER service...for me, and for my company it has been VERY helpful to develop, document and organize the Construction/Owner Team. Is is easily accessed from PC, Mobiles, Tablets....there is on excuse that you can't have documents right away.
ConsRight now...there is nothing I don't like....but there are things that could be done and would be better. Integration of MEETING MINUTES to document weekly/monthly meetings would be great!!! Addition of a feature that lets you keep track of Construction Drawings would be excelent!! Right now I am using the FILES to upload the construction documents....but it doesn't help me much when trying to track which version of a construction document page was updated.
Recommendations to other buyersIntegration with different access points and formats.
February 3, 2016
Robert C.
May 29, 2015

“It just keeps getting BETTER!”

ProsI feel the product reflects the care and concern that the personnel of UDA Technologies project when they are asked to answer questions or provide technical help. The updates and changes with the interface keep reducing my work load in the office, while providing me with better cost control and work flow. The next best thing is you have resisted the "pitfall" of out sourcing your support group this is a major plus.
ConsThat I have to get up at 2 in the morning to get questions answered, as they say,"it's the price you pay for living in paradise" Hawaii
Recommendations to other buyersLike everything, you must understand the basic concept and structure to appreciate the benefits provided. At first it can be a little daunting, but it is like riding a bike once you learn you will always retain that skill set and like the bike, depending on time and talent the sky is the limit.
May 29, 2015
Jim V.
Treasurer
December 8, 2016

“UDA Software and Employees are the BEST!”

OverallWe purchased this product to help us estimate and manage our residential field activities. We looked at several products, test drove a few and Construction Suite was hands down the best for end to end estimating and performance measurement. Not only is the product easy to use, but the sales, customer support and technical support staff are awesome. Everyone is knowledgeable, pleasant and helpful. Wait times to speak with a representative are minimal and no matter who answers the phone they either help you right away or get you to the right resource very quickly. No need to leave a message and have someone call you back.
ProsSeamless integration between the office and staff in the field. With punch lists, it's easy to check on the daily progress of our crews to keep them on time and on budget. The absolute best QuickBooks integration. We have several products that interact with our QuickBooks accounting software but none works as seamlessly as Construction Suite.
ConsWe really struggle to find things that we don't like.
Recommendations to other buyersTalk to the UDA Staff. They're honest and want to build true win win relationships. All my reps have all been fantastic.
December 8, 2016
Pavel B.
July 15, 2015

“One of the best investments in our company”

ProsWe appreciate how the UDA estimating software works in conjunction with the UDA Construction Online. Since implementing Construction suite as our estimating software we have heard only good things about how professional our proposals. It has help streamline our business and the Construction Online is one of the best tools we have. It helps us save time, money and the client portal is an excellent way for us to communicate with our clients.
ConsWe have no dislikes of the software or vendor. We did however like the custom(PICTURE) watermark feature in previous version that was taken out.
Recommendations to other buyersWe recommend using the trial and see if it works well for your business. The Construction Online is MUST have for anyone serious about project management and effective business and client relations.
Pat K.
October 10, 2017

“It has been good so far but have really not done much other than setting up business and estimating.”

ProsThe estimating, scheduling, and QuickBooks integration working together. Also, the client portal will be helpful. They have been very helpful in trying to help us get the software integrated into our business.
ConsThe online estimating piece is missing a lot of features that I was accustomed to on the desktop version - such as: adding tax to materials or all materials in a category (this is too much of a manual process in online version and doesn't work at all on the 5-column estimate), there is no line to qualify your material quantities (ie. LF, SF, EA, per hour, etc.), the subcategories need to be able to break down further similar to the desktop version. It would also be helpful to have some estimate templates available to use for different applications instead of having to build your own. There needs to be a way to incorporate optional pricing into/or back out of the estimate. Would be helpful to be able to attach more than one estimate to a particular project.
October 10, 2017
Michael S.
May 24, 2017

“Amazing to have all team members collaborating on one system ”

ProsThe pros to owning this software is having the file management system and file sharing along with controlling what each person is able to see or operate
ConsWe haven't really had any major problems there is a small learning curve only do to there are several ways to do each task people have different preferences
May 24, 2017
Katie C.
September 24, 2015

“Love Love Love!”

ProsThis product is great. I use it almost daily as a custom home builder and it has definitely simplified a lot of the back office processes that were done pre-Construction Online. It saves time through the different tracking and integration tools which in turn saves us money. It has become my go to communication tool with subs and clients.
ConsThere really hasn't been any part of it that I have not enjoyed.
Recommendations to other buyersThere are so many construction management software out there that help with various tasks that we have to do in this industry. Construction Online takes all of those and meets the need with one product. I don't have to have 8 different types of software that all help with different things- I have one. I know it has saved so much time for me personally as well as the company. There also are very few- if any- builders in our marketplace using this product. So when Clients are able to gain access to their project through the portal they have no doubt that they are being taken care of and we are on top of everything that is going on. When they can see everything, it also helps to cut down on all of those calls wondering where we are in the process or if xyz is installed yet.
September 24, 2015
Jim G.
Training and Scheduling Analysis
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees
January 11, 2018

“Blew me away how easy it was to put schedules into the software!!”

OverallI really appreciate their support. Whenever I call them with questions, they are excellent in wanting to make sure that my questions are taken care of. They also have training on their system on Utube which is excellent.
ProsThe ease of use of the software in putting together schedules, estimates, budgets, etc. I like the idea that it is on the cloud so that you can invite others users, customers to become a part of the scheduling system that provides information about their project without having to load software onto their company systems. With the use of the mobile phones, the mobile app is excellent for field people to see their schedules. The price of using the software is excellent and was hard to believe that you could provide this type of information to your customers.
ConsThere are a few things I would like to see in the software such as letting me know when a person, piece of equipment or something else is already scheduled for a job on those dates.
January 11, 2018
DJ J.
Business Development/Operations Manager
September 5, 2017

“We are excited to put gameplan into action, but it seems it needs some work first”

OverallOur business uses it for scheduling, but we are looking forward to using the GamePlan function when it is ready
ProsIf GamePlan works as it should, this could almost turn our operations into a self driving car. The increased efficiency and convenience we expect to get out of this should have a direct impact on our bottom line, as well as our ability to leave our clients satisfied
ConsThe OnSite App seems to need work before we can even use this. The language used in the app is confusing as well as the functionality. This makes the likelihood of proper use by our guys in the field highly unlikely, which could be worse than if we don't use GamePlan at all. It needs to be clear to the user that they just "Completed" the task. Currently, it says "Dismiss Event," which sounds more like you are ignoring the task. Additionally, you need a submit button, complete task button, or some type of clear confirmation that lets the OnSite User know, for sure, that they have just completed the task in the system. Then, the main page of the app needs to reflect that the task was completed. Additionally, I do not see anything actually being completed in construction online from the operations manager end of things. That takes most of the benefits of the software away. I tested this by creating a fake user account and assigning tasks to myself from construction online. I couldn't tell what I was doing when I was "Dismissing" event because I couldn't tell if it has updated the app. Then when I went into construction online, it did not show that anything of the tasks were completed. Again, we can't wait to get GamePlan implemented in the business, but I think we need some kinks worked out before we put it into place.
September 5, 2017
Sebastian F.
May 18, 2017

“The absolute best construction management program paired with phenomenal customer service.”

OverallEase of use, robustness, and customer service.
ProsThe robustness of ConstructionOnline does not leave me wanting. The program is simple enough for even the most tecnological challenged consumer can master within an hour...extremely intuitive. The customer service is unparalleled, UNPARALLELED.
May 18, 2017
Bryan N.
September 16, 2016

“I started learning this program 2 days ago so I am very new.”

ProsI like the scheduling the best. Breaking down the order everything happens is very important in planning a project. I will be using the punch list feature a great deal, I like how it is shared and other people can cross off items from the list.
ConsIt is a bit clunky. What I mean by that is difficult to navigate, specifically the scheduling. When I click on Projects & Files and choose the project I want to work on, I would like to see a snapshot of the schedule right there, or at least a link to it. Instead I have to go back to the bar on the left side and click scheduling. I may be missing something here. Also, when I am typing in dates, percent completed, and predecessors I wish I could use tab and enter or the arrow keys to move around the spreadsheet. I have to click on every single box that I need. Also when I try to resize the Gantt view vs the list view so I can see the predecessors and the Gantt, my mouse always disappears. It will still click but I am just kind of guessing.
Recommendations to other buyersI live and die by my schedule. If you could add notes to it that would be cool. You could give more details on what is remaining or if something was missed and needs to be revisited.
September 16, 2016
Matthew B.
February 1, 2016

“Excellent Product!”

ProsThe ease of use and functionality by far separates it from the other competitors on the market. And their customer service is probably the best customer service department we have dealt with.
ConsThe mobile apps are a little clunky for your cell phones and tablets, especially the Onsite Photo App. We use Samsung Galaxy Tablets in the field and uploading progress photos with the app is an issue.
Recommendations to other buyersWhat I looked for when trying to implement new project management software into our business was ease of use and due to this product being based on software very similar to Microsoft Office products it was very easy for our employees to adapt to. The other thing I looked for was keeping everything from estimates, schedules and management documents under one roof which UDA does excellently.
February 1, 2016
Albert C.
October 27, 2015

“UDA ConstructionSuite 7 Review”

ProsIt's good for repetitive tasks, scheduling program has great integration with the estimating program. The program does have good functionality. It is organized well and can make up for a lot of shortcomings of the average small to mid size construction companies office administration.
ConsHaving to have labor, material, equipment on separate lines and very limited control over the formatting, highlighting, italicizing and/or calling out of subsections within a category inside a division within the estimate. Inadequate integration with on-screen takeoff programs such as plan swift.
Recommendations to other buyersIt does cover a lot of ground and has everything you need from start up to moderately advanced and can cover LEED. So does have a broad range.
October 27, 2015
HOMER S.
Sr. Estimator / Project Manager
August 12, 2019

“The Most Useful and Efficient Construction Software”

OverallProject Budget Management and Project Budget Tracking
ProsI have used UDA for the past five years and is now realizing how much more this software will help my business grow.
ConsI will need more training time from UDA on the operation of this software.
August 12, 2019
Audrey A.
.Net web developer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ employees
October 6, 2018

“This product is so AWESOME! ”

OverallI love using this product so much!
ProsI love the way I can access our team files from time to time, anywhere I want thru online accessing , and the customer service was so accommodating your team was so great!
ConsFor me this product was so great , I don't have any issue using it , I'm still hoping for new updates and features of this product.
October 6, 2018
Quinton H.
July 15, 2015

“Game Changer - Time Saver”

ProsEstimating software, very easy to use, fast and keeps track of all my costs. Scheduling is very important to our business, and the team link keeps everyone one time! Every time I have an issue, I pick up the phone and call UDA. I have a lot of full service, online support for a lot of different products. I would say UDA is number 1. I never have to wait, and they always stay on and help until I am fully satisfied. Really excellent service!
ConsThere is really nothing that I don't like. This product has done everything i thought it would and more!
Recommendations to other buyersAll their software is easy to use, but if you are having difficulty don't hesitate to give them a call. They will figure it out.
Tom L.
June 23, 2015

“A good project management solution with room to grow and improve”

ProsCustomer support and training is very good. UDA seems committed to upgrading the product so that it becomes a fully functional SaaS project management solution.
ConsNavigation needs to be streamlined, the user interface doesn't allow for customization and contact sorting is poorly done. Contact sorting becomes a real problem when using the OnSite apps. The apps only sort by first name and all you see is first name/last name. A company sort in the apps would be much more useful especially when a project superintendent is task project logging. How many times are the supers or foremen on a first name basis with Owner or PM for a Subcontractor?
Recommendations to other buyersThe learning curve for this product is not huge, but you will need to commit some time to make it work. I would recommend everyone either participate in one of the webinars or watch the intro YouTube videos. This will flatten your learning curve considerably.
June 23, 2015
Cathy M.
Full Charge Bookkeeper
September 19, 2018

“Small Construction Company Use”

ProsIt keeps all you data in one place. It also is compatible with Quickbooks.
ConsA definite learning curve when navigating through the software. Does have some limitations with transporting data to Quickbooks.
September 19, 2018
Michael M.
April 12, 2018

“Tech support is awesome.”

OverallSpeeds my construction process.
ProsEstimating and scheduling
ConsMobile app. Would like access to the entire program...primarily budget. Would like Item level estimating like Suite.
April 12, 2018
Lee B.
November 16, 2015

“Slight growing adjustments but worth it”

ProsThe online tool takes away a lot of the monotonous emailing I have to do and helps keep everyone on board. It also reduces the number of calls I get. Clients really seem to love it and feel more connected. UDA's customer service is great. we have the ongoing support so we call anytime we have a question.
ConsGrowing pains. I was used to doing things the old way and stuck in those habits. Learning a new system is hard, but it can be freeing.
Recommendations to other buyersTake time to figure out what you need, where you are struggling, and where your current set up is failing you. Try to put a dollar value on that........ Then, see if Construction Suit will help solve those problems and improve that bottom line.
November 16, 2015
Patti S.
May 2, 2019

“The purpose of this review is to give a shout out to one of your Product Specialists ...”

OverallWhat I want to relay the most to you is that I can honestly say that every single time I have called the UDA Helpline and have spoken to Vega Foster, I was greeted with kindness, serviced with professionalism and overall want you to know that in my opinion, she would be one of your most valuable assets and employees!
ProsThe product support and moreso, the absolute professionalism and kindness of your Product Specialist, Vega Foster!
ConsI like the software; when I call in it is usually with a question having to do with how Suite and Online talk to each other.
May 2, 2019
Su M.
February 28, 2019

“Ease of use”

Overall Communicating with my contractors is the best value of this product, if you get updated plans you upload and then are able to send quickly to everyone to update them.
ProsI like this is easy to use and easy to explain to my contractors for their use and accessiblity.
ConsIt's so easy to use, I guess just learning the intricate little parts in each field is my least favorite.
February 28, 2019
Mary S.
Business Manager
October 4, 2016

“Invaluable to a growing sub-contractor”

OverallSNR Contractors & Associates started in 2009 as a family run business with 3-4 people. Today we have over 120 people working for or with us in one capacity or another. Our business has doubled each year for the last 4 years. Construction online has been incredibly helpful in keeping our Owner and PM's updated on daily activities and in conjunction with our Foundation accounting program will give us the incite to grow even more in the coming years.
ProsEasy to use and update. Expandable. You can use only what you want or practice with the newer options until you are sure you want to use them.
ConsOccasional outages through the Construction Online sometimes slow down the input and receipt of information. No formal training for mobile users.
Recommendations to other buyersAsk yourself what it is you want out of the program. If it's just logging and calendaring or the whole project management enchilada, Construction Online has it all. And if it doesn't, just ask them about an update. In most cases it's coming up in a new version soon.
October 4, 2016
Tony W.
Superintendent
August 27, 2015

“All in one place”

ProsI like the ability to track all my projects resources and material in one place. The system is also easy to navigate. Tabs help a lot.
ConsThe "Resource Type" drop down menu is seriously lacking in construction trades. An option was added to add "New Types" but the system doesn't save it. So we have trades on-site for multiple days that we have scroll to "New Type" and type in the trade. If I add it, it should keep it. Same for adding a specific subcontractor. If I add "Joes Masonry" to the system on the 1st day he arrives, it should auto-populate from that point forward.
Recommendations to other buyersI'm not sure how to answer this question, as I have no idea what others are looking for in system of this type. What we look for is a very comprehensive and adaptable system to our own needs. UDA does this better than other systems out there.
August 27, 2015
Steve D.
June 19, 2019

“PM Software First Time User”

OverallHaving current information at hand for Owners, Trades and Suppliers, in one place, that they have access to, has proven to be an invaluable to the logistics, coordination, timing and overall success of our projects.
ProsWe are a commercial/multi-family contractor building in the Carolinas and know after shopping that Construction Online is the best value for the money. It is capable of meeting our needs.
ConsSince the implementation of the current version of Construction Online I can't name any.
June 19, 2019
Dennis W.
Vice President / Project Executive
August 6, 2017

“Constantly improving. Best tool we are using in our commercial GC business.”

OverallThe ease of collaboration in the fast paced commercial world I work in sums it up best
ProsRed Line Plan Room, RFI's, Submittals. Pretty much all of the commercial tools are invaluable to me. I stand by ease of navigation as well.
ConsThe mobile apps seem a little inconsistent. Wish they were all the same format which would help me teach our field users
August 6, 2017
Robert C.
February 27, 2017

“Lost and Found”

OverallI have a small construction company in Hawaii, my wife did all of the "heavy lifting" with UDA and was always on top of how things worked. I have been forced into double duty covering all aspects UDA and Quick books our accounting program. It is such a relief to know that I can pick up the phone and get the answers to my questions or even better have the UDA tech. log on to my computer and help me find my way. The representative did not hesitate to sign on and get me up and running.
ProsOnline help and constantly updating the program.
ConsDue to my location (Hawaii) the hours of operation are a bit of a challenge especially when Daylight savings time is in effect.
February 27, 2017
Duane H.
May 27, 2016

“UDA Review”

ProsComing from using a different construction planning software - I am seeing many things about UDA that I like. Obviously learning a new system can be trying - the service provided by this vendor that has helped me the most is the Live Chat option...If I only have a limited time to set something up or enter something in and hit a road block I can easily overcome it using the Live Chat vs trying to figure it out and burn through all my time...As far as the software - I am still learning but I really like what I see
ConsIn all honesty - I need to learn more about this product before I provide an opinion...as it sits right now - I am very pleased with what I see...other than creating schedules and moving tasks around and linking tasks to predecessors...sometimes the predecessors don't want to link up...but a simple page refresh seems to fix it.
Recommendations to other buyersdo you homework and realize it isn't all about price...you get what you pay for...One thing I did like about costing on this product was the option to have unlimited projects for a set fee per month as our clients have projects that range in size from $5,000 to $500,000. All projects are equally important and we shouldn't have to prioritize what project will be set up using construction software and what will not because we only have X projects available.
May 27, 2016
Erin D.
September 17, 2015

“ConstructionOnline has vastly improved our project management!”

ProsConstructionOnline allows our team to seamlessly handle multiple projects at one time. From the office staff to the project managers in the field, we are able to communicate and manage the project together using ConstructionOnline and the mobile apps. Project Logging is a crucial feature to our business, and running Project Logging reports has allowed us to provide updated project information to our clients at any point in time. I honestly could not imagine our office functioning the way it does without the organization and features in ConstructionOnline.
ConsNothing! I have only good things to say about ConstructionOnline.
Recommendations to other buyersI would highly recommend at least giving ConstructionOnline a try before making any decisions.
September 17, 2015