Skeddly Ratings

Overall

About Skeddly

Skeddly executes scheduled and automated actions in your AWS account. Reduce your AWS costs by scheduling on/off times for your EC2 instances. Schedule automated backups. Reduce waste by finding and deleting unused resources. And automate many other IT tasks. Learn more about Skeddly

Ken N.
Senior Software Engineer
July 9, 2018

“Convenient, reliable, and very inexpensive”

OverallAutomated data backups and cost management Simplification of system operations Quick results, compared to doing it in-house
ProsI've used Skeddly for years, in 4 companies so far, whenever I've used AWS. It makes best practices easy to implement, including backups, disaster recovery, and cost control. The feature list seems to expand every few months, so the value keeps expanding without programming or effort on my part. The price is great -- no minimums, and very reasonable per-transaction billing. When scheduled tasks are run, notifications can be emailed on success or failure. I also appreciate the way that logs are maintained inside Skeddly, so I don't have to manage their preservation and access. While I could program these scheduled tasks myself, I much prefer having a tool that is developed and run independently. It's more reliable; and Skeddly's UI and documentation makes it much easier to delegate responsibility for it, compared to my own programs.
ConsI haven't had any problems with Skeddly in my companies, but I can understand if other companies would prefer to keep these functions in-house. Skeddly is given a role in my AWS account which allows it to do its tasks, and this means that can get information about how my systems are organized. In addition, the log files that it preserves also reveal information about our configurations. It's obviously just a subset of what AWS already knows; but some companies could find it problematic.

By Eleven41 Software on July 19, 2018
Thank you so much Ken for your review. I'm glad your finding Skeddly easy to use and that you're getting value from us. -Matt
July 9, 2018
Ed M.
Senior Operations Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
June 8, 2018

“Skeddly makes managing AWS better. ”

OverallMakes my life easier
ProsI love that I have been able to fully automate all of my AMI and snapshot creation for backup and replication. Skeddly makes it easy for me to take snaps of all my important data and ship it to multiple regions. At the same time the cleanup tasks are great and help keep snapshot and storage costs down because we don't have to think about it and we only keep the data we want. I have reached out to support on several occasions with questions and feel like my requests have been resolved on the first contact. The pricing is also great since you only pay per action.
ConsEarly on I made some poor choices in how I was tagging resources created by Skeddly and forgot several of my cleanup jobs were in test mode this lead to a few months of excessive charges for snapshot storage. A notification that a job was running, but in test mode for more than a week or something would be great. In the end the fault was my own and even though I tagged some resources poorly initially I was still able to clean it all up with Skeddly once I realized my error

By Eleven41 Software on June 11, 2018
Hi Ed. Thanks for this review and for the feedback. We'll make note of the issues you faced and see what we can do going forward. -Matt
June 8, 2018
Dharam K.
December 29, 2017

“Allows me to automate and manage my backup and DR plan for my organization at very low cost.”

OverallI have an actual disaster recovery plan at a very low cost, hugely beneficial.
ProsAllows me to automate snapshots of my AWS environment. Because snapshots store data in different data centers, I now have a disaster recovery solution. When I did this with Windows servers and physical locations it could cost 10's or 100's of thousands of dollars, and it was complex and difficult to test. I get a bill from Skeddly for less than a dollar per month and I feel VERY confident that my critical IT systems are protected.
ConsThe interface could use some help, it is a LOT better than when I first started using it some years ago, but I still get confused. I don't log into it often, so it takes a few minutes to get the hang of it, and then I'm off and running.

By Eleven41 Software on January 2, 2018
Thank you Dharam for this review. I'm glad you're finding great value by using Skeddly. -Matt
December 29, 2017
Drew K.
IT Manager
Printing, 51-200 employees
June 16, 2017

“Simplifies a Complicated Task”

OverallAutomated backups of my EC2 instances and Route53 Zones. This is a lifesaver and a must-have if you have critical data in the cloud.
ProsAutomating backups on Amazon Web Services is normally a clunky experiences as it requires setting up a server, scripting, cron jobs, and knowing the volume ID's. With Skeddly, I login to an easy to use interface and customize backups using their friendly names. Not only that, email notifications are available for successful and failed backups, giving me peace of mind. It also automatically backs up my 15+ Route53 DNS zones, containing hundreds of records. This has saved me in the past when I had to compare our current config to one from several months back to troubleshoot a DNS issue. The pricing model is worth mentioning as well. Super affordable and you only pay for what you use.
ConsIt's kind of pain that everything is in Canadian dollar instead of USD, which is really only a minor annoyance.

By Eleven41 Software on June 16, 2017
Thank you very much Drew for the great review. We are always revisiting our billing and currencies. So I've added your +1 to USD. -Matt
June 16, 2017
Eric H.
November 9, 2017

“One of two critical tools to our success in AWS.”

OverallEasy automation of processes in Aws and even Aws GovCloud. Reasonable costs, reliable functionality. It's an ingenious product.
ProsIt is exceedingly easy to use, and the reliability is outstanding. There is a wide breadth of services to choose to automate. My only regret is it is set it and forget...I like playing in Skeddly and doing new things. The pricing for the tool is reasonable and transaction based leaving the control of the budget in our hands which is so appreciated.
ConsThere is little to dislike; works well on mobile and feature requests are promptly handled. Quite amazing, really.

By Eleven41 Software on November 14, 2017
Thank you Eric for the glowing review! Please let us know if there's anything more we can do to help. -Matt
November 9, 2017
Sean C.
May 4, 2017

“As it says on the tin”

OverallHighly reliable, externalised backup initiation has meant we've never had to worry about whether our backups are current.
ProsWe have used to automate the creation EC2 snapshots for 6/7 years now, it have NEVER let us down and as a result we have never let our customers down.
ConsPricing confusion. The month on month price has gradually crept up and up over the years with no change to our service - March to April was a $6 increase despite being a day less usage. We've not had any price changes conveyed to us that I am aware.

By Eleven41 Software on May 4, 2017
Thank you Sean for the review. Our prices have not increased since our inception in 2011. Give us a shout at support@skeddly.com and we can see about bringing some clarity to your bills. -Matt
May 4, 2017
Gilberto C.
May 23, 2017

“Help me a lot and I use day by day”

ProsSaving money and never happened any outages or problems with the execution of my jobs. Prices are good, specially because they are in Canadian Dollars, cheapest in Brazil.
Cons- Interface could be more graphical and easy to use, built with buttons, panels, etc. - Suggestions to change names of AMI`s and avoid them repeat names too. Once I was generating AMI's with the same name, one killing other and I was thinking we had more backups in different times. In this case, I've put the "date and time" in the name at the end.

By Eleven41 Software on May 24, 2017
Hi Gilberto, thank you for the review. Send us note if ever you run into issues, or if you have any UI suggestions.
May 23, 2017
Quentin L.
Head of Cloud Engineering
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
July 24, 2017

“AWS Scheduled tasks with a comprehensive toolset, and a minimum of fuss.”

OverallCost saving, and the ability to run backups totally hands off.
ProsLarge number of actions available to cover all of the possible scheduling options you could imagine within the AWS platform. Setup is easy, and secure. Support is fast and always knowledgeable. Price is on a per action model, so no surprises, and no licensing tie-in. Feature requests are met quickly, as are new features when a new offering is released by AWS.
ConsThe ability to have one action kick off another based upon a success or failure.

By Eleven41 Software on July 24, 2017
Thank you Quentin for the fantastic review. -Matt
July 24, 2017
Nilson S.
Founder & CEO
11-50 employees
March 27, 2018

“The best automation of the service Amazon AWS. The simplest and easiest implementation.”

ProsSkeddly is so wonderful and works so perfectly, I just do not need to access the web interface. Once you set it to perform the tasks of starting, stopping, making and erasing snapshots it will work so perfectly that you will have quiet days and nights :)
ConsNow, just implement support for Google Cloud. This is not a negative point, but it would be interesting for the future.

By Eleven41 Software on March 29, 2018
Nilson, thank you for this review. I am thrilled that you trust in our reliability so much. I hear you about Google Cloud and we're always considering adding more cloud providers in the future. -Matt
March 27, 2018
Clay H.
Strategic Advisor Technology & Supply Chain
February 19, 2018

“Amazing product that simplifies my. ”

OverallIt gives me back time in my day.
ProsWriting maintenance scripts is probably one of my least favorite jobs, so I love products that are the best in the world at doing the things that I shouldn't be. Now every time someone asks me to help them reduce their AWS costs, add snapshots, automate instance start ups and shut downs, etc I show them how they can do it themselves with Skeddly.

By Eleven41 Software on February 21, 2018
Thank you very much Clay for your review. I'm glad that Skeddly is saving your time and money, and thank you for all of your referrals. -Matt
February 19, 2018
ANDREW G.
February 13, 2019

“Simple, reliable, reasonable cost”

ProsI recommend Skeddly to others because unless you have a lot of time to burn scripting, testing and monitoring TO NOT use a service like this is not worth most IT professionals time . . . at least mine. It just works and is simple to use and pennies to run.
ConsNone to date however my use has been mainly to automate backups. In the works is using it to reduce costs during low usage hours with a RD server farm.
February 13, 2019
LAURENT D.
VP SL3
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
September 7, 2018

“Since 6 year we use Skeddly”

Overallhappy customer!
ProsWe use it in production and internal systems to automate some pipleline in AWS: backup, stop/start, ... There is no surprise with the software. It is doing 100% what it is supposed to do. No bug, easy to use, affordable price (pay per use), good support.
ConsNothing to report. We all like this tools in the company.

By Eleven41 Software on September 10, 2018
Laurent, thank you for your review and for working with us all these years! -Matt
September 7, 2018
Philippe M.
Technical Expert
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
August 3, 2018

“Simple, cost effective, does what it advertises”

OverallWe need to schedule the start and stop of our Dev/Integration AWS environment only for work hours. Doing this was very simple with Skeddly at cost effective pricing.
ProsIt is very simple to setup start of AWS EC2 instances as long as RDS snapshots. It works smoothly and reliably.
ConsSetting up future dates where we don't want instances to start (holidays, ...) was not possible. It was added on 20th july after multiple requests.
August 3, 2018
Brian P.
Independent Software Consultant
April 27, 2018

“Easy to use, affordable and reliable.”

ProsThe interface is very easy to navigate and understand. The pricing is very reasonable. And the system is reliable...I get an email every day with a status.
ConsI don't have any cons. I've been using Skeddly for over 7 years to automate backups. I use it on dozens of servers and have never had an issue.

By Eleven41 Software on April 30, 2018
Reliability is one of our focuses, so I am very happy that you're seeing that. Thanks Brian! -Matt
Carlos F.
October 16, 2017

“Ir delivers! Use it to start, stop and snapshot your AWS machines. ”

ProsEasy, guided way to setup in minutes. Low cost alternative to complex policy creation in AWS and other Cloud environments.
ConsNothing really, it is great overall. Maybe adding multi-factor authenticationto the mix would be a nice touch to increase security a bit more.

By Eleven41 Software on October 17, 2017
Thank you Carlos for the glowing review. Skeddly does include multi-factor authentication using your mobile device. Contact us and we'll show you how. -Matt
October 16, 2017
Guilherme J.
Admin
Farming, 1-10 employees
May 19, 2017

“I haven't had any problems with it so far and it has a great value for money”

OverallCosts reduction from not running a amazon instance 24/7.
ProsI think it has a greate value for money, since the free tier is enough for me. It was also pretty easy to setup my use case.
ConsI cannot think of anything that I didn't like when I setup my account or use case. Maybe the request for providing a credit card and not being entirely sure whether I would be charged after a month or not (in my opinion this was not very clear on the terms of use).

By Eleven41 Software on May 19, 2017
Hi Guilherme, thank you very much for the review. I do apologize for the billing confusion. We'll definitely use your feedback when working with customers in the future. -Matt
May 19, 2017
Damien H.
Computer Software, Self-employed
August 2, 2019

“Awesome automation tools”

OverallSkeddly solves problems in an imperfect world. We needed automated snapshots of EC2 instances and also backing up snapshots across multiple AWS accounts. Ideally, these things would not be needed, but sometimes they are and then Skeddly comes to the rescue.
ProsIt's easy to use and has really useful features.
ConsIt can be expensive if not planned correctly.
August 2, 2019
Doug L.
Co-founder, CTO and Director
Computer Software, Self-employed
January 8, 2019

“A fantastic backup solution”

OverallGreat. It's a fantastic product and I would recommend it to anyone.
ProsThat it automates that backup process of EC2 servers with just the right number of options. The price is affordable to small businesses like mine. Please keep it that way!
ConsNothing. I can't faulty it. Please keep up the good work!

By Eleven41 Software on January 10, 2019
Thanks Doug for your review and all your recommendations. -Matt
January 8, 2019
Kevin M.
Senior Consultant/Founder
Computer Networking, 51-200 employees
August 7, 2017

“Very, very happy with Skeddly, the only AWS scheduler I use!”

OverallPiece of mind and reliability.
ProsEasy to use and it's been 100% reliable. The setup is straightforward and the managed instance option is very helpful.
ConsReally nothing. But this review wants 100 characters so I have to keep typing and say I like Skeddly!

By Eleven41 Software on August 7, 2017
Thanks Kevin for the great review! We're thrilled that Skeddly is working well for you and that you've found it to be reliable. -Matt
August 7, 2017
Michael B.
July 14, 2017

“Rely on this product across multiple accounts”

ProsEase of use for non-technical users. It can all be done with scripts outside of skedly but why pay developers for the simple stuff when you can use Skeddly
ConsWould be nice to daisy chain actions together in order to allow more complicated / advanced workflows.

By Eleven41 Software on July 14, 2017
Thank you Michael for your review. I'm very happy you find Skeddly easy-to-use. -Matt
David H.
Co-Founder
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
October 23, 2017

“Product meets and exceeds expectations”

OverallOnly reason I give it a 9 is because I rarely recommend products - this, however, is one I would definitely consider.
ProsI know this product is going to work every time. Based on positive and negative filters, I am assured that I can capture every snapshot that I need within an instance while knowing that if a failure were to occur, I would get immediate notification - and once the problem is resolved, Skeddly keeps on going. Have not been at all displeased with the performance and the cost up to this point has been fair and reasonable. Very pleased

By Eleven41 Software on October 25, 2017
Thank you David for your review. We will accept your "9" with pleasure. -Matt
October 23, 2017
Nicholas M.
Automotive, 1-10 employees
June 27, 2019

“Skeddly Review”

ProsEasy to use, good pricing, good support. Can't really ask for anything more!
Consnone, this did exactly what I needed it to do.

By Eleven41 Software on July 4, 2019
Hi Nicholas, thank you very much for your review. I'm thrilled that your experience with Skeddly has been great! Let us know if there's anything else we can do to make things positive! -Matt
June 27, 2019
Thierry C.
Quality Manager
Medical Devices, 1-10 employees
September 18, 2017

“Easy set up using the tutorial”

ProsCheap, easy to set-up using the tutorial that are easy to find. Very efficient in obtaining the results.
Conslack of notification options such as having the possibility to dispatch the notifications to several email address and/or have separate email address per event.

By Eleven41 Software on September 19, 2017
Thank you Thierry for your review. While we currently do not support per-action notifications, we do support notifications to multiple email addresses. This is configurable in the account notifications section. -Matt
adam p.
IT Manager
July 14, 2017

“It saved me a lot of time.”

ProsIt is a real time saver. Worth the low cost. I could do it all my self but it isn't worth the learning curve.
ConsI would like if the error reporting would be better. If an error could be surfaced making it easier to debug my environment.

By Eleven41 Software on July 17, 2017
Thank you very much for the review Adam. I'm glad you are happy with the pricing and that you find the service valuable. Please reach out to us about the errors you're experiencing and how we may make their visibility better. -Matt
Jeff T.
System Administrato
May 8, 2017

“Skeddly is solid as a rock. Backups and deletions on time day after day. ”

ProsIt works every day so you do not have to worry. Everything work. All the backups are done on time and all of the deletions are on time

By Eleven41 Software on May 9, 2017
Jeff, thank you very much for the review. I'm glad that you are happy with our service. -Matt
May 8, 2017
11-50 employees
January 1, 2018

“Very straight forward, never had any issues with Skeddly.”

ProsSkeddly is very simple to use, it is very quick to set up automated actions and this allows you to feel free not having to worry about writing any scripts. Email notifications are great to know that things are going well.
ConsThe only issue I have had is when I create a new volume from a snapshot in AWS and delete my old one, I'll have to modify one of my Skeddly actions to match the new volume ID, however this makes sense.

By Eleven41 Software on January 2, 2018
Thank you for your review. You can avoid the volume ID reconfiguration by using tags. Contact our support team for assistance with this. -Matt
January 1, 2018
David N.
Media Production, 11-50 employees
May 29, 2017

“Skeddly is a very good service. It is reasonably priced and does what I need it to do. ”

OverallReasonably priced reliable backups
ProsIt is a reasonably priced solution for doing backups in the Amazon AWS. It is reliable and easy to use.

By Eleven41 Software on May 29, 2017
Thank you David for the glowing review. We really appreciate it. -Matt
May 29, 2017
Robin F.
PaaS Development Manager
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
July 20, 2017

“Skeddly is simple, and fills a gap in AWS.”

Pros- Ease of use. - Reliability. - I see SAML has been added which is cool  I was about to complain about that being missing. :)
ConsI'd love a better summarised view of billing reports. If I want to see what jobs are costing more this month versus last month, I have to take the detailed itemised bills, and export / aggregate / manipulate the items manually. Perhaps Skeddly could integrate some of this reporting, or even just provide a really quick & easy way to get the itemised bills exported into google sheets or similar.

By Eleven41 Software on August 7, 2017
Thank you Robin for this review. I'm glad you've found the SAML options. Your feedback regarding the billing information is valuable, so we're going to see what we can do about this for the future. -Matt
July 20, 2017
Ruben N.
Head of IT
January 18, 2018

“Very useful”

ProsEasy to use, great control over amazon instances, backups and copies and above all, non-expensive at all.
ConsNot in Spanish, need to have local currencies, and presences in other countries, at least have some partnerships in LaTam.

By Eleven41 Software on January 19, 2018
Thank you Ruben for this review. Easy of use and cost-effectiveness is our goal. -Matt
January 18, 2018
José Carlos C.
Software Engineer
May 30, 2018

“We use their service to start/stop our aws server automatically.”

OverallReally good
ProsEasy setup and never failed to do the job. We are using Skeddly service to handle our aws server.
ConsSo far I have Nothing, it is working fine I can't remember anything to negative to say the Skeddly.

By Eleven41 Software on June 4, 2018
Thanks José. I'm very happy that Skeddly is working well for you. -Matt
May 30, 2018
Noel T.
Head of Product
April 27, 2018

“Easy to setup with a bit of knowledge. If only AWS was as user friendly as Skeddly.”

ProsMakes things considerably easier without having to get your hands dirty with all the AWS SDKs and scripts to complete some of the more basic tasks.
ConsNot really a con, but it would be great to see Skeddly able to integrate with some of the other AWS based platforms/providers and other Cloud Providers (i.e., Mongo Atlas, Azure).

By Eleven41 Software on May 1, 2018
Thank you for your review Noel. We're always re-evaluating whether to add additional cloud providers. -Matt
Michael Z.
Software Developer
August 29, 2017

“Automated backups”

ProsMakes lots of functionality I use in an easy way. Very clean and clear interface. Big variety of automated functionality.
ConsI like least that it supports AWS and not Google Cloud or Azure. No more to add.

By Eleven41 Software on September 19, 2017
Thank you Michael for this very positive review. We appreciate it greatly! -Matt
August 29, 2017
William H.
VP of Data Science
Internet, 11-50 employees
March 29, 2018

“Great tool to automate AWS management.”

ProsEasy to setup automating AWS EC2 server snapshots and culling the old snapshots. I also use it to start and stop EC2 servers on a schedule. There are a lot more options for automation, but those are the ones I needed immediately.
ConsUser interface is good, but it could provide more dynamic support. Several times I setup automation and forgot to set the region - more prompting or highlighting potential issues or better - 'This is what will happen' support with some automation validation (e.g. checking that EC2 Server IDs are correct).

By Eleven41 Software on April 2, 2018
Thank you for this review William. I'm glad setup was easy and that you're lowering your AWS costs with Skeddly. I can appreciate the need for checks, as you suggest, and we'll take this into consideration in the future. -Matt
March 29, 2018
Ian H.
Part-time Consultant
July 31, 2018

“So easy to use, even my clients can manage their cloud services.”

OverallIt allows my clients to manage their AWS infrastructure with less support from me.
ProsSo easy to define actions once you have linked it to your AWS account, and having multiple users for a Skeddly account is a great help too.
ConsI would like to be able to one user identity which could access each of my client's Skeddly accounts, similar to the functionality in AWS which allows cross-account access.
July 31, 2018
Nathan P.
March 6, 2018

“Skeddly was easy to setup and provides features not available within the AWS system.”

ProsEase of use Affordable Skeddly was easy to setup and provides features not available within the AWS system.

By Eleven41 Software on March 8, 2018
Nathan, thank you for your review. Be sure to let us know if there's anything more that Skeddly can help with. -Matt
March 6, 2018
Daniel S.
Sr. Systems Adminstrator
Computer Networking, 11-50 employees
August 11, 2017

“Simplify automation on the cheap!”

OverallSaves me having to setup a cron server or tasks for each customer, and the functionality they have built in and services they are able to help automate is a HUGE time saver for me and it's a hard to beat deal!
ProsManaged Instances allow me a very easy way to keep snapshots and costs to a minimum without having to do any of the setups myself! I also love being able to build actions that run against custom tags in my environment.
ConsHaving to pick one, it would probably be the lack of ability for me to manage multiple customers from a single login as we are consultants, we have recommended and use skeddly for several customers and having to juggle multiple logins can be a burden.

By Eleven41 Software on August 14, 2017
Thank you Daniel for this great review! We'll definitely consider this feedback when planning future MSP-related functionality. -Matt
August 11, 2017
201-500 employees
July 6, 2018

“Skeddly does tasks that I dont want to think about”

ProsI used Skeddly at my last company as well as my current company. It's simple interface and functionality help IT sleep at night, knowing Skeddly is always working for us. It's cheap!
ConsOne feature request is for Skeddly to look at our AMIs/Volumes/Snapshots, then to compare that to the AMIs running as EC2, and recommend deleting ones that are not used.
July 6, 2018
Peter D.
Managing Director Tilroy
January 29, 2019

“This is a must have tool !”

OverallWe stop/start EC2 instances and plan backups and cleanup backups based on tags (images). This tool spares us money and time. Nice to see new features and functionality improvements on regular basis.
ProsIt's easy to use and configure all my shedules.
ConsIf you filter tasks on tags, you need to make you selection again after changing a task. It would be easier that it remembers the selection.

By Eleven41 Software on January 30, 2019
Thank you Peter for your review and thanks for the feedback about remembering the action list filtering. I'm glad Skeddly is saving you time and money. -Matt
January 29, 2019
Brandy M.
Owner/Website Design Manager
Design, Self-employed
July 22, 2019

“Love it!”

ProsEasy to use, easy to implement, great customer service (very responsive).
ConsNo cons at the moment. Skeddly has made managing my AWS servers much easier.

By Eleven41 Software on July 24, 2019
Brandy, thank you very much for your review. I'm thrilled that you're finding Skeddly to be an easy way to manage your AWS servers. -Matt
July 22, 2019
Rick P.
August 17, 2017

“We use it to perform maintenance on servers in the middle of the night - works brilliantly.”

OverallHelps us sleep at nights!
ProsHas not failed us yet. Super easy to use. Helps us be pro-active with clients when we have a machine that has an issue and needs to be "up-sized"".
ConsOnly issue we have is that when an action is in progress (like an upsize of an AWS instance for 24 hours) we only get told of it's completion when the corresponding "downsize" occurs. It's a minor inconvenience.

By Eleven41 Software on August 18, 2017
Thanks Rick for your review. I'm glad you're finding Skeddly easy to use. Sleep tight! -Matt
August 17, 2017
Sherman J.
Infrastructure
Information Technology and Services, Unspecified
July 26, 2018

“I have been happy using this to help with my AWS image creation process”

ProsIt has been easy to use and very cost effective. You sort of just go in and set it and forget it. It supports MFA which is a good thing. Lots of other features which I hope to get to one of these days as well.
ConsThere are a few gui things which annoy me like having an edit button at the bottom of the page..so I have to scroll down to get to it which is often. But things like this are sort of trivial when it comes to the tool performing the task at hand which it does well.

By Eleven41 Software on July 27, 2018
Jason, thanks for this review. Your comment about the edit button is spot-on, but I'm glad you're otherwise pleased with our services. -Matt
July 26, 2018
Joe H.
Partner
June 9, 2017

“No issues. These guys rock and the price is right!”

ProsThe price can't be beaten. Just a couple of bucks a month for my scenario. It's super reliable too. A piece of mind knowing I have several backups of my server at all times.

By Eleven41 Software on June 9, 2017
Thank you Joe for the wonderful review. I'm very glad that Skeddly is working well for you, and that you're happy with our pricing. -Matt
June 9, 2017
Peter D.
Managing Director Tilroy
March 22, 2018

“Definitely a "must" have tool if you need to manage AWS.”

OverallSave a lot of money and time.
ProsIt's easy of use. You can manage a lot of AWS tasks without writing one line of code. For example we switch off a lot of servers during the night. This saves us a lot of money.
ConsIt would be good to be able to group tasks. For example backup tasks, scaling tasks etc. Now we have a log lost and solve this using a naming convention.

By Eleven41 Software on March 27, 2018
Thanks Peter for your review. This is some great feedback! -Matt
March 22, 2018
Gilles F.
Engineer
Internet, 1-10 employees
July 3, 2017

“Automate a few backups, creation and deletion”

ProsVery easy to use and after you install it, you forgot it. A lot of details in settings. A very good reliability.
ConsThe price. When we installed it, we've thought that is expensive just for some backup orders, compared with AWS prices.

By Eleven41 Software on July 3, 2017
Hi Gilles, thank you for the review. I'm happy that you're happy with our reliability. Please get in touch with us regarding your low score for our support. We try to have top-notch support, so if we're don't have that, we want to know right away. -Matt
Alberto J.
Systems Administrator
June 14, 2017

“Easier SaaS to implement”

ProsI don't have to worry about it is truly set it and forget it. We've used the functions for over a year and other than verifying the operations run there is nothing else to do
ConsCosts can run high when a lot of operations are programmed but that's the cost of SaaS. the more you use it the more you pay

By Eleven41 Software on June 14, 2017
Alberto, thank you for the great review. -Matt
June 14, 2017
Ralph M.
Developer
Internet, Self-employed
July 3, 2017

“A relief to have found. 1st class support”

OverallBacking up my new web apps user uploads on S3. Couldn't find any other solution I was happy with out there.
ProsSimple instructions to get set up and great support. If you don't want to get involved with the code yourself once you get the hang of creating Actions this give you so much flexibility with AWS.

By Eleven41 Software on July 3, 2017
Hi Ralph, thank you for the fantastic review. We're always trying to make things as flexible and easy as possible for our users. If there's more we can do for you, please let us know. -Matt
tomas o.
Admin
February 22, 2018

“Skeddly works great! ”

ProsWe are not well versed in the AWS scripting language needed to do the tasks necessary. Skeddly does all of this for us! Works flawlessly! They are also very responsive to technical support issues! I was backing up instances and deregistering unused ones on a scheduled task within minutes!

By Eleven41 Software on February 23, 2018
Thank you Tomas for reviewing Skeddly. I'm thrilled that Skeddly is working well for you and that you have found value in Skeddly's services. -Matt
February 22, 2018
Adam G.
DevOps Engineer
Research, 11-50 employees
July 15, 2019

“Simple, secure”

Prossimplicity, security, great customer support, quick to respond
ConsMaybe some bits could be better explained.

By Eleven41 Software on July 17, 2019
Hi Adam, thank you for this review. I'm happy that you're happy with Skeddly's support. -Matt
July 15, 2019
Jonathan A.
Digital Solutions Architect
September 18, 2017

“Very good. Helpful, accommodating, responsive support with a system that works well.”

OverallSlashed monthly AWS costs
ProsPuts a nice clean interface in front of a more complex task in Amazon, but which can have huge wins. It does what is says in a clean, intuitive way. It appears we thought out and works, even when I had got stuck, I found my way.

By Eleven41 Software on September 19, 2017
Thank you Jonathan for your review. I am happy that you have had a positive experience with our support. We take great pride in our support. -Matt
Anton V.
Internet, 11-50 employees
December 14, 2018

“Fills a gap”

OverallWe evaluated several options for running independent back-ups of our systems, and Skeddly was the clear choice.
ProsSkeddly was easy to set up and configure. We use managed instances, and it's saved our bacon already.
ConsMaybe if they had known in advance we would need backups, hacked our Amazon account, and set it all up for us. That would have saved us some headaches.
December 14, 2018