CIC Total Manager Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About CIC Total Manager

Grow Your Rental Business By Using The Best Online Property Management Software - Automate Site Tasks - Fully Integrated Tenant Screening & Online Rent Collections - Tenant Portal - Owner Portal - Manage Work Orders - Automatically Advertise and Syndicate Listings Across 20+ Top sites to Drive Renters to Your Units. Versatile software can be used for multifamily or commercial management. 2 week free trial period plus US based tech support. Learn more about CIC Total Manager

Christopher F.
Co-CEO
Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees
August 20, 2018

“On the Right Track”

OverallPer the request of their customer support team (did I mention how in tune these folks are with their customer's needs and desires?), I've copied some software recommendations that I submitted privately below: 1. The option to fully customize the application form with unlimited user-defined fields and different question types (like short answer, multiple choice, radio buttons, etc... think Google Forms). One thing we want to do but can't require 5 years of address history and the landlords associate with each. Right now we are having to send separate emails instructing applicants to use the "references" fields specifically for past landlords. Sometimes they don't understand instructions, and it turns into a little extra work that we'd ideally like to avoid altogether. 2. When putting together work orders, it would be great if the property address could be specified within the work order itself (automatically populated if initiated from the subject property). 3. The software could be significantly improved by implementing a better way to handle the accounting for PITI payments, especially given that 3 of the 4 components are tax items. It seems like the only way to account for this currently is to categorize the monthly payment to a "Transactions to Split" account and then break them down based on the mortgage statement detail. It would be great to have a tool that could calculate the splits based on an amortization table and "extra payment" input. This process is time-consuming and will become a system bottleneck for us as we grow. 4. The inability to access transaction-level detail from credit cards is also going to be an issue for us as we grow as a business and build business credit. By paying cash for everything, we're leaving money on the table, but if we switch over to business credit cards, we'll completely compromise our ability to account for our expenses within CIC. Of all of the items here, this one makes me the most leary, as it could force us to leave for a different platform in the long run.
ProsThis software provides for a very broad range of business needs in one package and the overall integration is good. The customer support team is awesome. They seem incredibly open to suggestions, and they make me feel like they're just as committed to my business success as they are.
ConsThe software is on the clunky side, and isn't well suited to doing bulk operations. Categorizing historical transactions (those incurred prior to starting our subscription) is extremely tedious because they have to be done one-by-one. We're a small and young investment firm, so we only had a hundred or so transactions to categorize, but we're still slogging through them...
August 20, 2018
Desire K.
Property Manager
Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees
January 12, 2018

“Easy to Use and Inexpensive”

OverallThank you,everyone who works with you all to make everything amazing!
ProsThe support team!!! The product is new and has improved immensely since we first started using them all thanks to the support team and their eagerness to make our experience the best.
ConsNo true prospect management integration yet. I have been informed this is a work in progress. Thank you!
January 12, 2018
CHRISTOPHER G.
MANAGER
September 19, 2018

“After reviewing 3 property management software companies. We went with CIC hands down!”

OverallOverall a great product that does what you need and many of the things you didn't know you needed.
ProsFunctional and easy to use. It does everything that we need and more. The price point is right for the number of properties that we manage. In addition to when we scale up there is plenty of room for growth at a reasonable price.
ConsI have not found much of anything yet that I dislike. Making everything more accessible with via an app and having that app being as robust as possible is something that all software companies need to strive towards.
September 19, 2018
Robert L.
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
May 19, 2018

“Excellent quality of product and amazing personal customer service”

OverallCarlos is amazing . This company really cares about their customers success
ProsThe ease of use of the product . The ability to manage everything in one software . Carlos has given me as much personal attention as I have needed in order to get comfortable with the program
ConsCan't seem to find any. I have tried a lot of other programs and not one of them have given me what I needed
May 19, 2018
Bianca O.
Property manager
September 15, 2017

“Frustrating software”

OverallThis software needs to be simplified, and much more development needs to go into the product before they roll it out to customers.
ProsThe customer support and team backing this product is phenomenal. They reply quickly, fix software glitches, and add your ideas into development.
ConsThe software is very lackluster and involves too many steps to input information. I was constantly met with error codes if information wasn't entered a certain way, and the website didn't offer simple features that are necessary. For example: If you are managing an apartment with 2 residents, both residents couldn't log into a resident portal to make a payment...and if the 2nd person logged in, it would cancel the 1st resident's account registration making them both start from square 1 and ultimately be uninterested in using the site.
September 15, 2017
Mawuko T.
Real Estate Broker
Commercial Real Estate, Self-employed
October 1, 2018

“It has helped me to streamline and have a more professional way on operating making things more accessible for me and how to provide for my family.”

OverallGood system would recommend to anyone with rental property
ProsA lot of options to support with and provide clear details of information. Access to all the necessary information you need to calculate and provide for rentals.
Consa little clunky at first but once you get the hang of it it works out well. In many ways almost too much info to process
October 1, 2018
BRUCE J.
broker/owner
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
August 31, 2018

“Excellence”

ProsEasy to use is an understatement. This software allows me to navigate with ease and makes me look great to my clients.
ConsThe one and only drawback I have found is it will not let me upload PDF docs. I work with them a lot so this is a major deal.
August 31, 2018
Brenda H.
Property manager
Construction, 1-10 employees
May 8, 2018

“Very complicated software”

ProsThe price of the software is reasonable and has a lot of pontential but they do need make adjustments to the way you pull up reports.
ConsThe software itself is not very easy to use. Requires multiple entries for one item and not commercial friendly at all.
May 8, 2018
Marty M.
Broker
October 2, 2018

“Lisa has been helping me set up the account and I give her a 10”

OverallSeems like it will be good to work with
ProsNeed to use it a little longer. I need to use for a few months before I can figure out the pros and cons.
ConsSAA. I need to use for a few months before I can figure out the pros and cons.
October 2, 2018