Siteguru Ratings

Overall

About Siteguru

An SEO solution that lets you run a free website check and analyze your website for improvements and usability issues. Learn more about Siteguru

James E.
Marketing Director
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
September 10, 2018

“Siteguru is on the Path to SEO Enlightenment”

OverallYes, if there was an automated way to fix problems such as with a virus checker that comes up and shows an issue and then gives the option to fix the issue automatically or manually, that would be awesome. eg. It flags "use fewer JavaScript files" and you select automatically and it shows the file to delete and asks "Are you sure?" If you choose manually it will open the suggested issue and you can take care of it your self. Also, with things such as headings and H tags, the same thing. Pages are too slow - it will show the specific reasons and will delete issues or you can handle manually.
ProsWhat I like most about SiteGuru is the amount of data it returns with suggestions to fix the SEO issues that your site may be experiencing. It's nice that it sends updates on your sites performance as it crawls your site on a consistent basis.
ConsWhat I like the least about this software is that although it provides a tremendous amount of data regarding issues to be updated on your sites that are enabled, it does not provide any automation in solving the issues. However, you can link to find out more about any issue it flags. Many of the flag issues I have resolved keep showing such as website language, length of metadata, etc. This is frustrating when an issue is fixed and I'm still flagged. I'm using Siteguru along side another program to try to interrupt what is actually a problem.
Durai J.
Premiuminfo.org
Telecommunications, 1-10 employees
September 10, 2018

“SiteGuru Website Audit Tool - Boost your SEO ”

ProsRun a methodical SEO audit for the site audit, it also detects the usability problems & technical issues on your website. Analyses and compare the rank of your website with other competitor websites. It not only analyzing one page but analyzes your complete website along with your competitor's website. Few other highlights of SiteGuru SEO Analyzer: Detects and fix SEO problems present on your website Spot the usability issues on your website & get rid of them. Fix all the technical problems present on your website Notify you about your website health every week Mobile friendly Scan your complete website for the most vital technicalities Boost meta descriptions, titles of your pages, 404 or broken links, semantic structure etc
ConsNone I feel like its more than enough for the money we have provided to Siteguru.
May 23, 2019

“My favorite tool when building a new website”

ProsAmong all SEO-related tools I've tried, this is one of the most intuitive. It has a clean, straightforward UI and it's very easy to use. It gives accurate reports and I love how the feedback it gives is actionable and will give you immediate returns in terms of optimization and performance.
ConsIt still has some bugs, albeit very minor ones. Customer support has always been amazing in my experience, so this is not really an issue.
May 23, 2019
Kristy M.
IT Manager
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 5001-10,000 employees
July 3, 2018

“Super easy to use product, made it quick to set up and get going.”

ProsThe easiness of it. It didn't take a million calls to Customer Support to get going. I probably could have had an intern set it up without a problem.
ConsThe cost. It's a bit expensive, but in the end you're paying for the ease of use, I guess. If it means more time spent working and less spent installing/setting up, I'm ok with the cost.
Brent R.
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
September 8, 2018

“A super easy to use SEO audit tool”

OverallI'm happy with it. I'll use it, even if it's lacking some things, because it's an easy way to get a quick audit and fix the most important issues on a per-page basis.
ProsI love how clean everything is. You can see what is going on for all your pages. Probably the best feature is the ability to select a page and see everything wrong on just that page. Most audit tools tell you all the problems of a site broke down by problem, and they give you a list of pages that suffer from that problem. But you can't select a page and see just the problems for that page. Siteguru lets you do that. Overall, it's a very very easy to use tool with a super clean layout.
ConsIt's really not as detailed as many other SEO audit tools out there. It has all the essentials, but lacks things like content analysis, deeper internal linking analysis, and other items. Of course, Siteguru is more affordable than most audit tools, but if you want a complete site audit, you will find some things missing here.
September 8, 2018
October 24, 2017

“Was helpful”

OverallWe enjoyed the easy of use.
ProsThis software was easy to use, and that was the thing I liked best about the product. Easy of use is a feature very important to a team like ours, and with it being super easy, our team felt that was the most positive piece of usage. We enjoyed that very much.
ConsThe cost of this software was the thing that I liked least. Felt it was a tad pricey, and there for didn't like that aspectf
October 24, 2017
Supermarkets, Self-employed
December 18, 2018

“Great for checking your SEO”

ProsEasy to use and it has improved my SEO a lot.
ConsThe cost. It's a bit expensive in my opinion.
December 18, 2018
Marshall E.
July 7, 2018

“Great Reports and Planning - Confusing Pricing”

ProsI really like the in-depth SEO reports, Site Health Check, Action Items, and marketing plan. The reports are easy to deliver to my customers and can be generated automatically.
ConsThe pricing is confusing and the across client "max limit" reached makes my own backbilling hell to figure out. Some of the additional features like Backlinks are confusing.
Anne-Mae O.
November 8, 2017

“Very easy to work with, especially voor someone who isn't familiair with SEO tooling. ”

ProsEasy to use. With scoring each page I'm able to decide where to begin. The scorecard also motivates to constantly improve you're website.
ConsIt can be a a bid overwhelming when you see how much work has to be done if each page needs work to do. Maybe it would help to start with 5 bullet points of which issues should be resolved first as the can make a big difference.
November 8, 2017
Tomasz M.
Senior Web Developer
September 11, 2018

“Useful tool for those seeking perfection”

OverallUsing SiteGuru as a sister software for Moz.com. We're paying for Moz.com significantly more, yet still, it's missing some of the intuitive way of locating and fixing code bugs, and standard issues. I feel Moz should probably acquire SiteGuru, and implement all the missing features, but in the meantime SiteGuru is the must if you're looking to make sure your webpages are 100% healthy.
ProsThe best thing here was the fact that the software scans all the standard stuff as the other softwares out there such as page titles, descriptions, redirects and 404 pages, but I tremendously enjoyed report on the valid HTML (via w3.org) and alt tags for all images out there. This software really rocks and the support person is amazing. Oh, and the UX is very clean unlike a lot of programs out there, this one is very easy to understand and follow logically without any tutorials.
ConsIt had few bugs when I first used it. They might actually be fixed right now as I wasn't able to recreate any of the top of my head, but all in all I was immensely happy with the value of the software.
September 11, 2018
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
July 3, 2018

“I love that they send out emails letting me know the issues on my site so I can be aware.”

ProsSends you emails often Tells you what needs to be done to improve SEO - meta descriptions missing or that need improvement and on how many pages Clean interface Great for simple technical review
ConsAwesomeness score isn't the best name for the health of my site but that's just a personal preference.
KRYSS S.
Photography, Self-employed
July 11, 2018

“Great software. easy to use.”

ProsI loVE HOW IT INDEXES MY pages and advises my strengths and weaknesses on my site. I enjoy thAT IT gives me information about keywords to use.
Consit does not index all of my pages. It does not tell me what words are weak. It does not suggest better titles when a title is not strong enough
July 11, 2018
Charles L.
Web manager
Computer Hardware, Unspecified

“Easy to use and check”

ProsEmail notification is a savior for us to ensure that our website is updated properly. One stop checking is also another important feature.
ConsThe interface is not very intuitive. It can be improved further for better user experience. Also for mobile version so that we can check while we are outside.
Zach B.
Vice President
Design, 11-50 employees
July 6, 2018

“The site has given me 10x more SEO insight than any other tool on the web”

ProsVery accurate analysis... helps you drill down to all of the micro-issues of your site. By using SiteGuru I was able to improve our site from 56% to 85%.
ConsI guess the thing that I like least is that it's not an application but browser-based. It would be great if SiteGuru could be an App.
Telecommunications, Unspecified
July 3, 2018

“This is a good tool to have, it helps you keep up to date on your sites”

ProsThere are a few features that help you maintain your site and keep it compliant. Among them are the quality and SSL alerts.
ConsThis is a SAAS application. Like all SAAS apps your at the mercy of their servers and hosting. The site crawling is slower than I'd like, especially the 1st time.
Christian K.
July 3, 2018

“Best tool to optimize your website”

OverallIt helps me a lot when optimising websites.
ProsWith Siteguru I can check and optimize several websites with just one click. It's fast and it already helped me a lot.
ConsResults are sometime a little bit difficult to understand, especially when it comes to integration of external tools like Google Maps.
Richard R.
Owner/President
Internet, 1-10 employees
July 3, 2018

“Fantastic Software, Know Where All of Your Sites Stand!”

OverallTells me both good and bad and where I need to improve...
ProsThe software is very accurate and lets me know where I stand both good and need improvement areas. Makes my job easier (0:
ConsUsed to get daily reports which have been reduced to less frequent. Would prefer to go back to daily reports or have the option to.
Adam M.
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
July 9, 2018

“Easy to use and works good”

ProsIts easy for someone with limited tech experience to use and allows me to quickly get started. I also liked the design.
ConsThe cost is a little bit much for my budget, and I wish they had some more features for backlinks which make it less confusing.
Sanjay B.
C.E.O.
July 6, 2018

“I am a subscriber of siteguru.co it is one of the best investment of mine. ”

Overalloptimized my sites
ProsThis software tells me about all the shortcomings on my site and how to over come them.It educates me on SEO in a simple and easy language
ConsI wish the software did all the things itself, without telling me to do it? Just wishful thinking.
Design, 11-50 employees
October 30, 2017

“I love using this tool as a quick check to see how search-bot friendly a website is. ”

ProsFast, easy and human-understandable instructions on how to improve the SEO of your site which action steps (and helpful links).
ConsSometimes generating an audit can take a while and not every improvement description makes sense to me as a non-developer (for example: w3 standards).
October 30, 2017
Aloysius D.
Web Designer
Internet, Self-employed
February 1, 2019

“Easy to use SEO software”

OverallEasy to use and very helpful.
ProsQuick and easy to get started, user friendly and clean interface. With SEO software being so expensive, SiteGuru makes it more affordable end easy to optimize your website, by following the report.
ConsNo con's, great value for the price but it would be nice to get a few extras and improvements to make it an all-in-one SEO Software.
February 1, 2019
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
September 10, 2018

“Modern approach to website review”

OverallOverall great for startups, newcomer developers and small time business to analyse and discover what is wrong with their website, and how to improve it.
ProsThe software is quite simple to use and displays information in an interactive way that is derivable into real statistics for analysis.
ConsNeeds to be able to index every page, and confirmation of it.
Arn B.
Investor
Apparel & Fashion, Unspecified
July 6, 2018

“Great easy to read & understand reporting.”

ProsI don't have the time (or depth of knowledge) to study the minute detail, so I just love the plain, simple & actionable report Siteguru gives me. I can interpret easily & go in and fix my site in minutes.
ConsToo many people are finding out about it, my competition can't be far behind! I haven't found anything I don't like about it yet.
Stuart S.
CEO / Senior Producer
Media Production, Unspecified
July 3, 2018

“Siteguru helps with keeping track of our website and what we need to update.”

OverallSiteguru helps us find adjustments for our SEO/website that we may not have realized or been aware of from other services we use.
ProsSiteguru is very straightforward and explains things very easily so it's easy to use. You don't need too much of a background in websites/seo knowledge as Siteguru is very clear on what to do and why to do it.
ConsWe have yet to try the paid service because we currently use other services, but we plan on potentially switching over to Siteguru once we have the opportunity to see what our needs our.
November 2, 2017

“Great experience! I run it on every project and I recommend it :)”

ProsThe specificity and granularity of the information. Like this is not as awesome as it could be, here is how you can fix it. And here is your overall score in that category --> brilliant.
ConsNothing really. It does it the job well and one of the things I really like is the pinpointing of the specifics. Of course, it could even have more functionality but for what I use it, is great. I haven't ever used their customer support so I don't know that. And haven't paid for it so, can't actually evaluate that either.
November 2, 2017
Bonny C.
Web Designer | Social Media Mechanic | Email Marketing Technician
Internet, Unspecified
July 10, 2018

“Excellent tool for the price. Thorough and high-quality. I don't use it enough!”

OverallHelped me pinpoint performance issues with my website and those of my clients.
ProsIt's very thorough and serves as a reminder to check for some things I have a tendency to forget when it comes to assuring optimal performance of a website.
ConsThe inconsistency of the email prompts - at first I was getting them almost daily, now I haven't had one for months. There may be a setting to correct this, but I haven't had the change to look for it.
July 10, 2018
Alternative Medicine, 51-200 employees
July 6, 2018

“I'm using it as an easy way to figure out a simple way to monitor and review some of my websites. ”

ProsIt is pretty easy to set up and use. You have lots of visibility and can have several different domains. It is really affordable.
ConsI have used it for some time now and so far I haven't found one. I might have some more advanced features but I haven't really need them.
William K.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
July 5, 2018

“This is a cheap, functional solution for SEO. Although, lacking in features.”

OverallSEO improvement.
ProsIt is cheap and helped guide me through the path of SEO management. After the scan, I used all of the suggestions to improve my site structure and noticed the differences immediately.
ConsThe software is great and easy to use. However, it seems to be lacking in the department of updates to policy. Specifically with Google. I found that a few of the sections that were marked as poor on my site weren't correct.
July 5, 2018
Orsi S.
Market Research, Self-employed
July 3, 2018

“It was easy to use it, handy, I liked it.”

OverallI got the information I needed about a website.
ProsI like the look of the website, and especially like how they display the data I'm looking for, makes it easier to understand
ConsThere's nothing really. I would think about cons about using this tool but couldn't figure out anything.
July 3, 2018

“Easy to use, almost perfect functionality and does the job well.”

OverallI am able to learn about the errors that my website has, and improve on it based on the suggestions given by the software.
ProsSiteGuru gives a great summary of my how good/bad my website is in one page, which is really good because I can scan through the details quickly without going much into details.
ConsThe user interface is rather hard to read/glance through. Inspire the really great functionality, the design could be improved as some texts are too small.
German d.
CEO, Designer and Developer
Internet, Self-employed
September 9, 2018

“Simple and useful”

OverallAnother site checkers are not going to the point of problems so easy as Siteguru. Siteguru is perfect for professional technicians who knows about SEO. Don't waste time with others sitecheckers
ProsCrawl website for technical issues is easy peasy and you get useful and clear information about errors, where they are located and solve it easily
ConsI like everything in general aspects, maybe interface could be improved...
September 9, 2018
Rob J.
Operations Manager
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
July 3, 2018

“I signed up for Site Guru but never received my assessment. ”

OverallI rated this as neutral because I never go the initial assessment.
ProsThe website sounded like it was easy to use and the assessment would take just a few minutes. The services that the website advertise were what I was looking for.
ConsI never got the assessment back from the website. I did get a couple of follow-up emails, but not the assessment I was promise.

By SiteGuru on July 5, 2018
Hi Rob, thanks for letting us know, and we're sorry to hear that you didn't receive the report. Normally you'll get an email notification once the check is done, so you can view the report online. I see your report is ready now, so as soon as you log in, you'll see it.
Eddie M.
Product Manager
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
September 10, 2018

“Didn't find it hugely valuable ”

ProsSign up was easy. Site layout was nice and intuitive.
ConsI honestly didn't use it as much as I could have. I didn't find it offered a lot of value for ME, but I am sure others could find it useful.
July 9, 2018

“Great indicator on how to improve site SEO”

Prosvery detailed recommendations on steps to take to improve our website. IT was very easy to communicate the report to our tech team so that they can implement the suggested changes
ConsInitial test has an expiration date. A few weeks passed between the time that I generated report till we had time to implement the changes, and it was not available. So I had to generate a new report.
Dylan R.
Account Executive Project Manager

“Great tool for Seo”

ProsI like how it gives you incredible insight into the SEO value of your site pages, not just the site as a whole. It makes it a lot easier to fix individual page issues.
ConsI wish it gave clearer details in how to Fix individual issues. While Siteguru is excellent at finding items with a site, a means of addressing and fixing problems isn't always as clear.
Lisseth C.
Marketing digital
51-200 employees
July 3, 2018

“It's an excellent tool for those who are not techs ”

ProsWhat I like about this site is that it's really ease of use. I am not a technical person, so my knowledge is not very advanced and SiteGuru gave me the opportunity to optimize several sites in an appropriate way.
ConsThere were a couple of times when the site was a little slow at the time of doing the analysis, but in general I can not find more details.
11-50 employees
October 25, 2017

“I got great, actionable feedback to improve my website code and make it more SEO-friendly.”

ProsIt's very easy to set up and use, and the feedback provided is clear and insightful. New, useful features are added very often. The customer service is excellent.
ConsSometime the score of pages was inconsistent, but that has since been fixed. It could use a little more refinement in the UI, but that's not a big issue at all.
October 25, 2017
July 18, 2018

“Good software so far! Hopefully adding additional features in the future”

OverallIt is extremely easy to use and is user friendly on direction to get sites SEO compliant.
ProsSimple line item to-do lists that tell us exactly what needs to be accomplished to make site SEO compliant.
Consmaybe add competitor comparisons especially on backlinks as well as a backlinks identifier for the site we manage
July 18, 2018
Megan H.
Marketing Director
July 6, 2018

“I am a marketing professional at my family business. I am do all the marketing including the website”

ProsIt is super easy to use. I really like how the data is organized after it is analyzed; it makes it easy to interpret and find the areas that need to be corrected.
ConsI would really enjoy a desktop application that I could work from rather than using the web interface.
Nathan S.
July 3, 2018

“Very easy to use, gives detailed "how to's" regarding problems with your website. ”

OverallImproved on page SEO
Pros- Very simple app - Easy to use and implement - Detailed Instructions to fix SEO related problems - Covers most on-page SEO issues
ConsCould use more features and tools Price is a bit high when compared to features offered Could have more advanced reports
July 3, 2018

“Excellent very simple interface”

ProsVery easy to use, no problems with finding what you are looking for, the interface make the whole experience must easier for novice users
ConsI think it needs more detailed info what is wrong with the website we are examining.. maybe faster scanning as it might take a while to see the results
Kahtaf A.
Software Developer
July 3, 2018

“Very clean experience, flow is easy to understand. ”

ProsThe recommendations after a site is scanned. Also, the information on how to implement the different recommendations is very useful.
ConsThe recommendation list is a little short. I would like to see more performance improvement tips (ex: some of the ones we can see from Chrome Lighthouse tests).
Carlos M.
Frontend designer
July 3, 2018

“A great tool to aim for the low hanging fruits of SEO”

OverallBetter titles and descriptions, I already command PageSpeed insights
ProsI didn't know a simple service besides the expensive ones for basic stuff like titles and descriptions.
ConsNavigation is a bit hard, sometimes you don't know if clicking will open the external site/analysis or the description of the step.
Maged K.
SWE
July 9, 2018

“Simple easy to use mobile interface”

ProsSiteguru gives actionable feedback quickly though their easy to use interface. It even works in mobile which is very appreciated. Feedback was clear, direct and actionable.
ConsSite is early, and still feels a bit janky. They send out a lot of emails in follow up, many being more spam-y.
Palak A.
Fullstack Developer
July 6, 2018

“Pretty helpful, but could be better”

ProsStraightforward, easy to use, and pretty easy to understand. I like the graphics and the tips it has for good sites
ConsI wish it told me how to fix the errors on the site. A lot of the info that it gives is very technical and I'm not sure how to fix it.
Internet, Unspecified
July 3, 2018

“I love to get statistic into my email.”

ProsIt helps me totally free. I get information what to fix to my email. I would like to try the paid plan also but not yet.
ConsI don't like that it tries to stop my email subscription when i'm not visiting site. I understand that they have good thoughts with it though.
Online Media, Self-employed
December 23, 2018

“Deep analysis”

OverallI audit my personal websites to detect broken links or seo opportunities in the structure of the site
ProsMultiple features Easy to use A Lot of data in the reports
ConsNeed a monile app to make friendlier the use on mobile to audit sites on the go
December 23, 2018
51-200 employees
July 9, 2018

“This site really helped check my SEO and now my website is improved and has better conversions!”

ProsIt's easy to use and my conversions are up now. They don't charge too much and went through all my pages easily!
ConsThis software didn't give as much detail as I would've hoped but enough to make sure my website gets improved adequately
Automotive, Unspecified
July 3, 2018

“Ease of use to help support you site.”

ProsThe interface allowed us to understand the analysis of our site. .
ConsPrice, we are a non-profit group. .
201-500 employees
July 3, 2018

“Easy to use, and fairly comprehensive”

ProsEasy to use, checks for lots of potential issues, automatically re-scans your site occasionally, and shows the most important issues right up front, and lets you drill down to each page if you need it. You can check and monitor two sites for free to evaluate how it works for you.
ConsPricing is in Euros, which isn't ideal if you're in the US. The most expensive plan lets you scan up to 1250 pages per site, which is probably enough for most people, but may not be enough if you're running huge sites.