pipl Ratings

Overall
3.9/5
3.1/5

About pipl

PIPL's people search engine makes it easy to lookup a person's email address, email age, social profiles & phone number. Simply run a search on an email address, phone number, name & address or username and find or verify the person's contact, social and work details. PIPL Pro includes: 1) Unlimited searches using name, email address, username or phone number. 2) Over a billion phone numbers mostly mobile in search results. 3) The greatest email coverage worldwide. Learn more about pipl

Ian M.
Law Enforcement, 1-10 employees
April 15, 2019

“Used to be Good”

OverallWhat used to be good has now dwindled and I will look forward to the next runner up.
ProsWhat I like about this software is that it does provide information that I sometimes cannot find on Google.
ConsFollowing the fall of 123People, Pipl quickly took the lead, improving their software and allowing me to find information that I either could not find on Google, or was more difficult. However, the site seems to be slipping over the last year or so. I find information isn't as readily available as it once was. But moreso, the robot security protocols requiring the user to click and verify that we are not robots, then having to select images related to a topic, that never seem to work. It is frustrating and time consuming having to do this three or four times each time I click into the site. Pipl has fallen from the top of my list of resources to the bottom!
April 15, 2019
Santiago D.
Developer
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
June 15, 2017

“An easy to use people finder that is free to use yet potent.”

OverallI've used it to find out if people met thru internet was real or fake. It worked well on most cases.
ProsIt's ease of use is unparalled, you just land at the site, punch a name and optional location and it will search for the most likely searched person. It works wonders and it's no surprise many HR departments are using it while screening the possible recruits.
ConsAs of now, if your IP sends too many people searches, it will block the IP for a day or so, something that was not implemented before.
June 15, 2017
Real Estate, 501-1000 employees
March 9, 2018

“Easy and quick data appending service”

ProsTheir match rate and accuracy are well above industry standard. They were also very communicative throughout our initial conversations and onboarding for use. Overall we're very happy with our use of Pipl and will continue to use them in the future based on data quality that they provide. We are also looking in to using their API to avoid manual exchange of data.
ConsIt's a pretty straightforward product so not a whole lot to hate. It would be great if they provided us with access on their website for a 'do it yourself' option as opposed to going back and forth with them but their API will greatly reduce this issue.
March 9, 2018
denise u.
marketing director
February 27, 2018

“I use it to find more information about the person Im looking. For example: phones, email address.”

ProsWhat I like the most is that I can find the middle initial for the person. And maybe its useful for guessing the email address.
ConsWhat I like the least is that the phone numbers that are written are not good phones. At least, thats what happened to me.
February 27, 2018
July 31, 2018

“Great social media / hard to find information ”

ProsPIPL is a great tool for searching social networks and lesser known sites when people searching. Information is very accurate.
ConsI signed up for the free trial. I don't think the information is worth it.
July 31, 2018
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
August 1, 2019

“deep people data”

OverallGood for building ABM campaigns using advanced segmentation available from all the additional data components that become available from the product
Prosvery good coverage of people data for building customer personas for sales and marketing. The data is really deep provides locations, past employment histories of key executives for B2B sales. Also access to API directly loads into our CRM. Good for ABM.
ConsCan become expensive to use if the house list is very large.
August 1, 2019
Tomasz M.
Senior Web Developer
Internet, 11-50 employees
July 26, 2018

“Help people fill out your forms...”

ProsOr at least that's what I'm using Pippl for. If you can provide me with your email address, I can use their data to cross-reference the email and retrieve other social media profiles, phone numbers addresses and more. Gotta love it.
ConsI wasn't too pleased with the forced "interview process" and the constant follow ups of "when are you planning to start using it more". Stop rushing me. :)
July 26, 2018
Leonel Z.
Independent
April 19, 2018

“Free to use!”

ProsWhat I like the most is that is free to use! I use it to find more information about someone that I'm looking for.
ConsOverall we're very happy with the software Pipl and we will continue to use it in the future...
April 19, 2018
Renzo M.
Investigator
Law Enforcement, 10,001+ employees
December 18, 2018

“Very intesting”

ProsThey have a very good databases. Very useful.
ConsPipl pro is quite expensive and I don't understand where they collect their datas
December 18, 2018
Glenda M.
Education Management, 51-200 employees
September 24, 2018

“Unreliable”

OverallTerrible....my own I formation was not correct
ProsThe site is not reliable some info on the site is incorrect Nothing is reliable
ConsFull of inaccuracies....people with same names information are linked together and not a true view of ones information
September 24, 2018
Claudio U.
Arquitect
May 2, 2018

“I don't recommend it!”

ProsWhat I like the most about this software is that it gives you more information about an specific person.
ConsWhat I like the least about this software is that the information given (like phone numbers) is incorrect.
May 2, 2018
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
November 27, 2018

“Great for finding info about people”

OverallFinding info on people
ProsReturned a lot of results and was able to easily find the person I was looking for.
ConsNot all the details are available and not all the results are good.
November 27, 2018