Clubhouse Ratings

Overall

About Clubhouse

Clubhouse is a fast, uncluttered project management platform for Agile software teams to plan, build, and launch better products. It combines just the right amount of simplicity and structure to keep software teams happy and productive. Clubhouse is designed for developers and features a robust set of popular integrations (GitHub, GitLab, Slack, and more) and a well-crafted API to automate workflows. All core features are 100% free for teams up to 10 users. Learn more about Clubhouse

Sean H.
CTO
April 25, 2019

“Clubhouse vs Jira? Clubhouse wins.”

OverallI have previously used Fogbugz, Jira, Trello, and a few others, and Clubhouse is the clear winner. You will find some of what I mention here applicable to something like Jira; contains depth, customer service request and issue tracking are highly visible, can be simple to use. But it would be like saying a burger from McDonald's is the same as the burger from Raoul's in NY; they both have buns, a meat patty, and you can create depth with the condiments! You could say that, but you'd be a fool. Are you a large org with cash to burn, needing extreme amounts of control, and customization, with mandated workflows? Jira has your answer. Are you a small/medium team that needs a fantastic feature & project tracking tool that works great out of the box? Clubhouse is hands down the best.
ProsI find the product to be very simple at the surface with deep capabilities. Previously, we were using Jira and I found the software to be overkill for many of the tasks that we perform. Additionally, so much of Jira's useful functionality (and the Atlassian suite as a whole) is hidden behind paywalls, 3rd party addon services, and little gouges along the way. I absolutely abhor that practice so finding Clubhouse was a godsend. Customer service has been prompt and helpful, and though they have not implemented my feature request, I at least know that it has been prioritized. Team collaboration is great with their Slack integration. My team posts bugs, hotfixes, feature requests in the proper project, and I am automatically notified via Slack. The whole team has visibility to their request's progress.
ConsNavigating the nomenclature of Stories, Epics, Projects, Milestones, and how they should fit together is a bit taxing at first and takes getting used to. It would be helpful to have visual guides for someone like myself, but the documentation is available and well written. This is where I discovered the depth of capabilities in Clubhouse. You can very simply manage your project with Stories, and you can very finely tune your progress and visibility by getting to know these different groupings.
Ashok F.
Chief Product Officer
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
April 25, 2019

“Perfect Balance Between Simplicity and Power ”

OverallClubhouse has given us a great workflow which minimises the reliance on human input while maximising the oversight we have on the work we have in progress. For our team it strikes the perfect balance between the simplicity of Trello with the best bits of more powerful tools like Jira - minus all of the bloat. I would highly recommend it for the sake that because it's developer focused, our developers actually don't mind using it. At the end of the day, your tool is only going to be as good as the effort your team is willing to put into using it so this is definitely something that isn't to be overlooked.
ProsUnlike other agile management platforms, Clubhouse is setup that you can get a lot of value from the simple Kanban board with the option to go deeper and track more in depth insights into the progress of your work. We moved to Clubhouse from a setup of Trello with a ton of extensions to help manage the extra tracking we wanted to be doing, and I think the best analogy I can make is that Clubhouse is like Trello on steroids. But in saying that, it's far simpler and more effective than other bloated tracking software like Jira or Pivotal Tracker - which in my opinion try to please the managers who want a lot of fancy yet ultimately meaningless metrics at the expense of user experience for the development team who ultimately has to spend time keeping it up to date. The GitHub integration which automatically moves cards as they progress through pull requests is a great example of how Clubhouse has considered that the development team is ultimately the user of the platform, and should be designed around getting them to use it effectively rather than bloating it for the sake of what management think looks good.
ConsThere isn't anything major that I would complain about, but there are some improvements like showing epic burn down charts by points instead of the number of stories that I've asked for a few times but haven't been implemented. The reporting functionality also has a few bugs, but nothing major that stops it from being valuable.
Bryan M.
Product Director
Design, 1-10 employees
August 23, 2019

“The perfect tool for software projects using Kanban”

OverallClubhouse helps us manage agile software projects better than ever before. With other tools it feels like we are forcing it to try to accommodate our workflow, but with Clubhouse it feels like it was designed exactly for our use.
ProsClubhouse brought us a new set of features and ways to organize stories and tasks that we didn't know we wanted/needed. We have always stuck with tools that were able to help improve our kanban based workflow rather than the simple project board tools like Trello that cater to everyone more than software/product development specifically. There are few tools out there that provide what we are looking for: the ability to organize and label stories with more granularity than a single label (estimates, types, project, priorities, epic, etc), and the ability to have reports like velocity and burndown charts.
ConsIt is a very small thing, but it would be nice if we could adjust the color scheme of both things like labels beyond the default options, as well as adjust the overall interface colors.
August 23, 2019
Veronica L.
Senior Project Manager
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
April 25, 2019

“Clubhouse is the Goldie Locks Level of JUST RIGHT!”

OverallWhen I started at this company they had no real process and no project management. They were using a collection of about 70 Trello boards to categorize and track work, but there was no roll up view of everything and the sheer flexibility of Trello was too much to manage. I have worked in JIRA and similar platforms before, they are cumbersome to set up and require that you utilize their entire eco-system for more rich-features. Clubhouse is the perfect middle ground. It helps us organize our 6 teams and their workloads, prioritize work among the many company priorities and work with the owners to come up with roadmaps for the future... ALL IN THE SAME TOOL! As we are able to build in our branching and deployment process into Clubhouse, it will be even better for us. We are truly working toward standardizing our work items, planning and estimating and could not have done that without Clubhouse.
ProsI like the ease of use, from day one of setting up Clubhouse it just made sense and was easy to configure for our purposes. It was easy to jump in and start using without much learning curve for all of the team members as well. We love how much work we can have in a single work space and with powerful filtering, searching, everyone gets their perfect view for their purpose!
ConsI wish there were more canned reporting features for Kanban workflows, but honestly it's not the end of the world since we have access to the REST API for building our own custom reports! Right now our private Gitlab integration isn't working but what is amazing is that Clubhouse support and engineering is working through it with us. I love that about Clubhouse. (Can you tell it's hard for me to find something negative about the software???)
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
April 25, 2019

“Great Project/Product Management tool”

OverallI have personally used Clubhouse at 2 organizations, as well as other competing tools. Clubhouse has provided the best overall tool for ticketing and project management without a steep learning curve. Organization and searchability is key when managing several developers, stakeholders, teams, and business. Therefore, Clubhouse keeps me on top of stuff while prioritize and deprioritize easily and quickly.
ProsFlexibility and ease of the software - Clubhouse is extremely easy to learn and provides the ability to mold the software and functionality to your team's workflows. Additionally, the Clubhouse team is continuously adding new integration and features that are best practice for most modern and agile product & tech teams.
ConsNot necessarily a specific con to Clubhouse but in general for all project management tools. Given the need for detailed requirements, it is necessary to write a lot of content on tickets. As such, the mobile experience is not on part with the browser desktop experience. That being said, I tend to create shell tickets on the mobile app or mobile view, then complete the tickets on a desktop when I have full functionality and familiarity.
Zachary D.
Head of Development
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
April 25, 2019

“A perfect balance between the complexity of JIRA and the looseness of Trello”

OverallYears ago we started with JIRA, it did the job, but was so complex to administrate that we could not adjust and reaccess our process as we learned and grew. So we moved to Trello. Trello allowed a large amount of freedom to try new ideas on how we work. However, in the end, it was frustrating that Trello did not understand what software development was, and we had to rely on hacks to get proper reporting and insights. That led us to Clubhouse, which is a nice happy medium. It is opinionated on what software development looks like, but it gives just the right amount of flexibility so we can adjust as needed.
Pros* It embraces the modern development process * It's fast and responsive * Almost all you need is in one screen * It has multiple layers of organization (story, epic, milestone)
Cons* The higher layers of organization do not 100% align with our process * Some features are not available on different layers and it seems arbitrary. For example, you can't get a burn down on a sprint if that Sprint is not tracked as a "milestone". So if you are using Milestones to track large scale projects (maybe quarter goals or multi-epic initiatives) you have no way to track how your Sprint is going. Either they need a first-class Sprint concept, or allow burn downs on labels.
Media Production, 51-200 employees

“Associate Product Manager”

OverallIt has been a great experience from onboarding until now. The global search functionality is great and always helps me find what I am looking for. Ability to attach any files to my tickets is great. And the GitHub integration where I can keep track of the pull requests for the assigned ticket is very helpful.
Pros- Ease of use - The UI is easy to navigate - Perfect for our team structure
ConsHave only ever run into a few minor issues: 1. Setting up the backlog of our stories to prioritize - Solution: If you have a ticket that you would like to appear in the backlog. Set the owner as yourself(Product Manager) and set the state to Unscheduled. And we also set up the filters for the backlog to display tickets that have a PM as the owner and are unscheduled. 2. Estimate section of ticket creation - would attribute one point to one day of work, but not having the ability to set half a day of work because there is no 0.5 option 3. When copying plain text from a word file and pasting it into a ticket, I would like it to also appear as plain text
Benjamin B.
Sr. Product Manager
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
April 26, 2019

“A Reliable, Scalable, Continuously Improved Product”

ProsAs a product manager, I love the usability of Clubhouse (CH). Having come from competitive products such as JIRA, Rally, Pivotal Tracker, etc., CH feels far more intuitive and the user workflows well thought through. I greatly appreciate the ongoing development by the CH team. It's always a pleasure seeing regular alerts come in with rather material improvements.
ConsGreater attention to how cross-team and cross-account collaborate using the software is a gap for me. Our business has a 2 or 3 different CH accounts mainly due to security needs (limiting certain access for groups of individuals). Which leads me to an additional thought which is, the ability to configure more granular security levels within CH is limited. Especially for an organization working predominantly with enterprise customers, we tend to have highly regulated standards related to third-party approved solutions.
Kevin L. H.
Head of Engineering
April 25, 2019

“Excellent agile tool for single or multiple teams”

OverallWe're a small team that had difficulty with roadmapping and mid-term planning with Trello, yet all strongly dislike the overhead and UI of Jira so we figured we'd give Clubhouse a shot, if it worked great, if not it was a worthwhile experiment. After switching we have no plans to move or gripes with Clubhouse and how it currently works. We've adapted our product planning to fit Clubhouse for the better as it brought just enough structure without being way over the top. Highly recommend this product!
ProsClubhouse has been really easy to onboard to, curate our roadmap of epics and milestones, track stories across projects, itemize our projects (website vs marketing vs platform vs api vs apps) and segment our work across them but rolling up under the related epics with per project/epic/milestone velocity reporting.
ConsFiguring out the expected associations between Projects, Milestones -> Epics and how it fits into your product structure took a little trial and error. The main thing I like the least is that as a developer, I'm part of several teams (segmented by Product, Engineering, and Marketing, etc) each with different workflows, and that means I lack a continuous backlog to know "whats next" - I end up having to check each Team to do some mental prioritization to know whats next.
Kerry B.
Scrum Master
Newspapers, 51-200 employees
April 25, 2019

“Get up and running in 1 day”

OverallClubhouse is allowing us to capture user stories on the fly, and keep those stories organized. We are able to create custom swim lanes that match our process perfectly, so that the stories can flow from one step to the next easily until they are done. We use the reporting on a daily basis to look at our burndown chart, and to track our stats for each sprint. It is easy to add tasks for each other to complete, and to leave notes and comments for each other within the stories. It helps keep all the communication for each story in one place, and lets us easily see what is going on with them at any point in time. And it's REALLY easy to use, so we actually use it! Also, we love having the Milestones feature where we can keep the big items on our roadmap and easily see our progress towards them. SO much better than having a separate roadmap tool that we never look at. I recommend it to anyone.
ProsWe're a scrum team developing software in the news industry. We switched from PivotalTracker to Clubhouse, and the ease of setup and how quickly we were able to learn the product was amazing. It took me weeks to get a grasp of PivotalTracker, but within a morning we were up and running on Clubhouse and loving it. The software looks clean, appealing, and intuitive, and it is so easy to learn and use that you will wonder why you used anything else ever. And the price point is easy to swallow, too. We love it!
ConsClubhouse is still missing robust sprint related tools. There are great workarounds in place, and they will be releasing those soon, so no hesitation on recommending it. But once they roll those features out it will be even better.
Tiffany W.
Head of QA
Retail, 201-500 employees
April 25, 2019

“Clubhouse at a growing company”

OverallOverall we enjoy clubhouse. It is lean and less complex than other work tracking tools. Additional reporting would be a huge win, but as mentioned above, we have utilized Clubhouse's API to create our own custom metrics.
ProsClubhouse makes it easy to view and organize work across projects. I like the ability to label things by Epic and create custom workspaces is super helpful. The Clubhouse API is useful for getting information about activity and creating our custom metric reporting.
ConsThe reporting isn't very useful. I feel it is geared toward project management reporting and we don't use project management. I would like to be able to see quality related reports (how many bugs were created/resolved, projects with the most reported bugs, number of bugs created by epic/project. It would also be nice to have the ability to set a Release Date and Production/Testing field on cards so that we can track when features/projects go to production and whether bugs were released as well, or caught during testing.
Publishing, 11-50 employees
April 25, 2019

“It's actually friendly and fun to use”

OverallWe use it to prioritize ongoing development and large projects alike. It helps us keep track of things and get an overview of all stories requested by business teams.
ProsThe design really helps with using the app fast and with ease. It's feature packed, but the design helps with finding the feature you need fast and efficiently. It's also very smooth and fast, which makes it a pleasure to use. Boards are updated live, meaning changes colleagues make are instantly visible to everyone. We work remote so this is really helpful. Integration with other tools and the API is also very nice and the mobile app is pretty great too, which is quite the accomplishment for such a complex app. I can do anything on the road that I can do on desktop.
ConsReporting could be expanded. Also some better automated integration with git would be nice, f.i. creating a new branch for each story automatically (that's how we work anyway).
Luke L.
Software Developer
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
April 29, 2019

“Simple and Easy To Use”

OverallWe switched from Jira to Clubhouse several months ago. The main pain point we had with Jira was how difficult it was to coordinate and view progress for a team that works on "separate" projects that interact with each other. In Jira, you can only view one project at a time. With Clubhouse, all stories are in one backlog, which is a little daunting at first glance, but really powerful when you combine the filter/facets on the left side of the stories view. I can filter the swim-lane view to only see the stories I care about. (e.g.: Create a label for a team's sprint and apply that label to those stories, then I can create a filter that only shows stories with that label, and now I have a sprint view.) The flexibility of Clubhouse is incredible. On top of that, it's a super fast and responsive web app. Also the REST API is really well documented and allows you to do pretty much anything you can do in the app, and we've used it successfully to create integrations with other tools that we use.
ProsClubhouse is extremely simple and intutive. It doesn't force you into certain paradigms or organizing your workspace to their specific way. It's a really flexible tool that works really well and gets out of the way.
ConsProbably my least favorite part is that it doesn't have a concept of a sprint built-in to it, but this is not really a deal breaker. It's really easy to just create a label that defines your sprint and apply that label to all the stories that are in your sprint.
April 29, 2019
Jing Z.
Sr Software Developer
Financial Services, 201-500 employees

“Clubhouse is great!”

OverallWe use it on daily bases and have had great overall experience with Clubhouse, as it helps us with breaking large projects into manageable pieces that can be prepared and planned, tracked, scheduled in every phase of the development process.
ProsManage projects in hierarchy using EPICS, STORIES and TASKS, and be able to label them based on your firm's development process (example: sprint_5, design_discussion, etc.) and define different phases anyway you like, such as Backlog, Development, Review, Deployment and Completion. Then you have different views of the projects at any time, like Report, Status.
ConsI wished there could be a way to attach an identifier to each of the tasks, in case that one would use it when checking in the code or communicating with others
Tyler H.
Head of Engineering
Retail, 11-50 employees
April 25, 2019

“My favourite project management tool”

OverallI started using Clubhouse just about 2 years ago to give myself something easy to use for engineering project management. I was sick to death of the heavy, underperforming and sometimes outright horrible competitors in this product space that I had been stuck using for many years. Over those two years Clubhouse and I have gone from just myself using simple Kanban cards into fully-fledged projects, teams, and workspaces. As they released these features our team grew into all of them and just recently our non-engineering departments have also become converts and now it's workspaces abound. Tools are tools and they should make your life easier. That is what happens here in a very good way and that is how it should be.
Pros- Superb UI - Customisable without clutter - Performant - Incredibly easy to use
Cons- Reporting and metrics could be better surfaced
Luis H.
VP Customer Success
April 25, 2019

“Clubhouse is amazing for product and project management”

OverallAmazing. It makes managing projects so much easier!
ProsIt is very easy to use. I really like that it supports Google authentication and that other than simple cards you can create Milestones and Epics. We are very early adopters of Clubhouse (and even wrote a post about why we moved from Trello to Clobhouse) and it's incredible to see the amount of new features and integrations they have came up with in so short time.
ConsNothing that I can think of. The experience on mobile was poor at some point, but it's been hugely improved in the past year or so.
April 25, 2019

“Flexible project management for a small SAAS team”

Pros- I can create a different view for each of my standing weekly meetings, so I can quickly filter to just the items I need to view at the time. - Labels are flexible and powerful enough to help organize and track varying needs. - The structure meets differing needs across roles, R&D, Education, Development, QA, Product
Cons- The software is so flexible that defining the "right" way to use it is very difficult starting off. - I suppose this is a risk with any software in this space, but there is a danger of losing items if they are excluded from all your standard views. This means that you have to build a view just to look for those lost items. We call them our "Oops" queues.
Sporting Goods, 51-200 employees
April 25, 2019

“Clubhouse? More like ClubWOW!!!!”

OverallClubhouse helps us manage individuals, teams, and projects. As a Product Manager, I integrated Clubhouse with Salesforce where we process support tickets and feature requests. Having the two synced together makes it easier for our engineers to efficiently process tickets. Being able to create multiple team spaces and "views" is really helpful is well. I never have to wonder about the progress of a project with Clubhouse.
ProsI like that they provide you with so many different views of projects. For example, I can easily track burn rate for projects, individual contributor process, story progress, etc. It is feature rich, yet lightweight. I have never found myself needing something that Clubhouse couldn't offer.
ConsAs a negative person, I honestly can't think of anything!
Jason H.
Development Manager
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
April 25, 2019

“Clubhouse is perfect for our team”

OverallWe have much more clarity of what we have in progress, and are able to see the future timelines much more clearly.
ProsIt's very easy to use. I have used other similar software for project management in the Agile process, and this has all the best needed features without all the complexity. Just the right amount of features to make our team productive and integrate with other tools. Our entire team really enjoys how it works, and planning is simple with how we use project, epics, and milestones. Also the price for our small team is great for our small growing company.
ConsSome of the integrations with 3rd party tools like slack are not fully flushed out and I wish could be a little more granular. There have also been a couple of occasions where it wasn't clear on generating some report data for a very specific
Computer Software, 51-200 employees

“Clubhouse Review”

Pros- It is very simple and flexibile to the engineer and non-engineer (me) in terms of updating - It enables quick updating to single or multiple stories - It allows us to scale across different team structures and org designs - They seem to iterate and introduce functionality steadily
ConsNothing really that I can identify. I would say that the reporting could use some more work in terms of surfacing insights on how a team can be work better together. Cycle time analytics would be goood
Wei Chen Y.
CTO
April 25, 2019

“Ease to use and keep our dev team aligned on to-do task”

OverallWe're using Clubhouse for software development project management tools. We're practicing weekly sprint methodology and it will be much more better if there is better feature support sprint as we currently using label to group weekly sprint stories. Also looking for a convenience way to set story priority by team members.
Pros- Ease to use interface - Integration to the Slack for notification - Separation by project team and Epic can host story cross project - Estimate points for us to use as KPI tracking - Integration to Gitlab
Cons- Looking to have reply to a particular story comment. Now only able to add Reaction emoji to the comment - Export feature based on selected date range
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
April 25, 2019

“Far and away the best tool for tracking a software project ”

Pros- Intuitive user interface and very polished design - The right balance between feature set and usability - Support for custom workflows and excellent GitHub integration - Integrates with a growing list of third party services - Very reliable and performant - Regularly updated with new features
Cons- Not as many direct integrations yet with third party services compared to its more established competitors. Zapier can bridge the gap in the meantime.
April 25, 2019

“Clubhouse is super helpful!!!”

OverallOverall things have been great. We've been able to get things done and track everything easily!
ProsI love being able to track everything in one spot. It's easy for multiple teams to use and communicate using Clubhouse. It's awesome!!! They keep making awesome improvements too. It's great to see a company investing in updates that users want. :)
ConsIn the beginning, it was a bit difficult to get the hang of, but it could have been because I was not used to using this type of app!
Bryan F.
Lead DevOps Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
April 26, 2019

“Easy to Use and Cost Effective”

OverallWe migrated away from Atlassian Jira to Clubhouse due to how slow and complicated it was setup and maintain. Getting our stories & projects migrated away form Jira was quick and painless, allowing us to get off the ground quick with the transition. Setup is very minimal to get a basic workflow going, and adjusting it to meet your needs doesn't take much work. Support is friendly and very responsive, and helped us out with some minor qibbles and questions. The only two downsides are that the reporting and search features are currently unpolished and need some work.
ProsThe software is simple enough for our entire team to use efficiently, but still flexible enough to meet our workflow.
ConsThe reporting capabilities are very bare bones and not very useful. We ended up creating a script to pull data from the API into a third party database to run reports and analytics against.
Tyler v.
Frontend Engineer
April 25, 2019

“The final word in getting things done”

ProsAnyone, not just developers can find their way around. It's important that non-techies can submit tickets, follow tagging patterns, and stay in touch with progress. Clubhouse is that blend of developer feature focused with a familiar and usable UI.
ConsTook awhile to get a new design and update that godawful logo. Hope design and UI/UX is becoming a higher priority at Clubhouse. Seems to be, just keep it up.
Frances W.
Product Marketer
E-Learning, 51-200 employees

“Pros & Cons”

ProsThis is great for the product team and developers to plan out their sprints. You are able to identify tasks as features, fix or bugs. It's easy to see what everyone is working on, what's on deck, and what's a blocker. You're able to set up different projects (teams) and create projects that way.
ConsIt is very dedicated to the product team. It's not easy for marketing team to use because there is no calendar function and makes it hard to plan campaigns and put up our content calendar there. The terminology is also very confusing. It takes some time to get used to, and I did, but it was very hard when certains words like "project" is already often referred to an actual project/campaign versus a team.
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
April 25, 2019

“Clubhouse = peace of mind”

OverallClubhouse allows us to manage our product development + helps to streamline communication on projects between developers, PMs, and team leads. It's great!
Pros- Very fast and clean - UI only displays the required info, and requires minimal steps to make the desired changes - Support for markdown - Integration with git
Cons- No epic templates - Reporting could be improved/made more customizable - No "roadmap"/resource planning features (beyond the Status view)
Karyn S.
Director of Product
Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees
April 25, 2019

“Game-changer for our team”

OverallOur team was previously using GitHub to organize our projects and tasks as an in-between before finding an actual project management tool. After reviewing countless products, Clubhouse really stood out -- functionality, pricing, features -- all of it fit seamlessly into our workflows. It helped us give transparency to non-development teams and gave us the tools we needed to hold ourselves accountable and keep organized. Like the title says -- a game-changer for our team!
Pros- high level of customization without feeling bulky - integration w/ Slack, GitHub, etc. - interface options --> Status pages for standups and Dashboard for personal organization were huge draws
Cons- have occasionally had a hard time finding where to set filters/statuses, but that hasn't happened lately
Petar P.
Data Analyst
Consumer Services, 201-500 employees
June 5, 2019

“Tasking made easy”

OverallWriting stories between our teams and commenting on project progress. Assigning people to different stories so they could track/attribute to them etc.
ProsIn my company we use Clubhouse to track our day-to-day requests, but also our longtime projects. It's easy to use with a lot of integrations through other apps and software.
ConsMaybe incorporate an SLA type of tasking, where you would have a running clock on your tasks... It does sound like a ticketing system, but still sometimes even a ticketing based software can raise the productivity of a team.
June 5, 2019
Michelle E.
Scrum Master
April 25, 2019

“Great tool has helped my team to organize our work. ”

OverallWe love Clubhouse! Great tool, excellent user support, and they're really on top of listening and responding to user feedback.
ProsClubhouse is super easy to use and intuitive. It does a great job of helping us organize our workflows. The best change for us since our last tool has been the ability to form a hierarchy of tickets and link dependencies.
ConsThe tool is not quite there yet with regards to easily organizing a roadmap. However, we know that these features are coming and we can't wait to start using them!
Jules C.
Founder & CTO
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees
April 30, 2019

“Souped up Trello”

OverallWe run our kanban product development process using Clubhouse. However the business teams still use Trello as the source of their problems/ideas as Clubhouse is seen as overkill. That does mean we need to rewrite the cards once we 'accept' them into clubhouse.
ProsIt's pretty easy to add new cards. I like the automatic integration with Github branches.
ConsThe relatively limited ability to pull reports and export the data to a format of my choice. I find the colour palette a bit jarring and the overall interface quite cluttered.
April 30, 2019
Brandon M.
Business Development Manager
Automotive, 51-200 employees

“Project Managment”

OverallWe have had a much easier time tracking our tickets rather they are for marketing, development, or business development. It has made it much easier to pull in other departments and make sure all the stakeholders are aware of updates.
ProsThe software provides a wide variety of tracking mechanism's to be used by multiple different departments. It makes it very easy for cross-functional projects.
ConsThe only item I would say is a slightly laking is tracking progress of a particular project and the % complete. It is not very prevalent.
Andrew S.
Sr Directory of Development
Automotive, 51-200 employees
April 25, 2019

“Solid project management software”

OverallAs I mentioned above we started working with clubhouse because our previous system didn't allow our different departments to work collaboratively on big projects at least not in a way that was easy to see and understand. Clubhouse seems to be built with this problem in mind and it works.
ProsThe strength of Clubhouse is it's ability to bring together all of our departments in one place. There's space for us each to have our own projects and flows, but then on big projects, it's easy to work together to accomplish something great.
ConsThe only missing feature for us is time management. There doesn't seem to be a way to record hours spent on a project and then roll that up in reporting.
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
November 9, 2018

“Clubhouse, worth the membership!”

ProsI like the fact that clubhouse gives me the ability to see what is being worked on a by who. I work remotely and find that sometimes my co-workers (who are in different timezones) are offline and I cannot reach them immediately. Clubhouse has a great communication system built into a worlds best ticket system.
ConsI don't have any cons really. The one thing I would like to see from clubhouse is possible more filtering options and a better way to report on bugs that we have.
November 9, 2018
Aleksandar M.
Data Analyst
Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees
May 23, 2019

“Project Management tool for You ”

OverallWe are a big company with lots of teams, so Clubhouse helps us a lot with team collaboration and keeping track of the workflow and progress.
ProsClubhouse is a great project management software, that offers lots of optimization and organization for your tasks and projects. It is very easy to use, with an awesome user interface, it really is collaboration in a nutshell.
ConsOne of the few things that I can mention is the navigation through it, it can be somewhat difficult sometimes.
May 23, 2019
Eric V.
Director of IT Ops
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
April 25, 2019

“Flexible Agile PM Software”

OverallClubhouse has been amazing for our teams and it's helped us to have more visibility into our agile processes. Clubhouse is also constantly innovating and new features come out very frequently that help us even more.
ProsOne of the best things about this software is the ease of use as well as the ability to customize your own workflows.
ConsThere isn't a well documented set a best practices. We tried a couple of different ways of doing things before we found what the recommended best practices were.
E-Learning, 11-50 employees

“Clubhouse for marketing-GREAT”

OverallAs a small marketing team supporting a fast growing company, our plates are often full of tasks of all different sizes. We have tried managing those tasks in other platforms but discovered a lot of headaches along the way. Clubhouse has given us the ability to be as flexible as we need & keep track of any kind of task.
ProsThe layout is so simple & ease to understand. Compared to other planning projects I've used, Clubhouse doesn't hurt the eyes! It's also just flexible enough without requiring a lot of backend building-perfect for a marketing team running scrum planning.
ConsNone. I really, really like what Clubhouse has helped us do in terms of task planning & management.
Internet, 11-50 employees

“Simple yet Feature-Loaded”

OverallI've had a very good experience with Clubhouse and for the price it does offer everything that is needed to run agile teams.
ProsAs a growth marketer who really enjoys working in an agile environment, I realize I need tools that are not as overly complex to understand, as sometimes it requires bringing in individuals who have never worked in an agile environment. Clubhouse is easy to use while not sacrificing the required structures for agile environments.
ConsI got used to other, more complicated software before adopting Clubhouse. This means that I do miss some of the reporting features offered by other competitors. Clubhouse does offer more basic reporting, but I loved the higher complexity of Jira's reporting. I also don't like that you can't necessarily flag items in the story board nor have multiple swimlanes for Epic organization. However, I have adjusted to this fine overtime and I think that never used those features before won't have a need for them necessarily.
Jordan C.
Internet, 1-10 employees

“Clubhouse rocks!”

OverallTool is amazing. Support is amazing. Community is amazing. Look forward to a world where more companies are using Clubhouse.
ProsIt's quite simply the best Agile/Kanban tool I've ever used. Trello never cut the mustard for us at my previous companies, Clubhouse is the perfect marriage of simplicity and utility for organizing team sprints.
ConsAnalytics (burndown charts, etc.) are not terribly useful. I've had to build my own implementations around the API to get the info I need.
Robert M.
Director, User Support
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
April 25, 2019

“Solid way to keep everything together”

ProsWe're a remote team, so being able to link and integrate within CH has been monumental for keeping our workflows together and our team on the right path.
ConsSome customization is limited, and we'd love to be able to see a more robust way to organize and link things together (folders)
April 4, 2019

“Project and team management made in the right way”

OverallI'm really happy with Clubhouse because improves my productivity and allows me to focus on work instead of trying to keep things ordered.
ProsClubhouse is great when it comes to keep your project clean, updated and with great visibility. The filters are an advanced tool made easy for anyone to use. It's realtime feature is awesome because you won't lose any change made by others and you don't need to refresh the page time to time.
ConsSometimes I had the feeling that the page becomes slow and unresponsive but that's something in the past. Clubhouse team made a great job on performance improvements and now it works great.
April 4, 2019
Mason L.
April 25, 2019

“Every Function In One Tool”

ProsIt's amazing that Clubhouse is full featured enough and flexible to handle everything from our Sales & Marketing initiatives to managing our product roadmap. It's a godsend to have every employee utilizing the same tool for PM.
ConsBecause the platform is so flexible there are domain specific features that are left out. The ability to reject a developers submission is a big one that our engineering team misses
Samantha P.
Product Designer
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
April 25, 2019

“Really Great Project Mgmt Tool for Small-Mid Size teams”

OverallIt's more robust than Trello but not as complex as Jira. Allows us to track our sprint cycles easily and the whole team has adopted it.
ProsSo easy to use and lots of ways to customize to work for your team. Their blog is helpful and Customer Service team is !
ConsCan't think of anything I don't like about it. One thing we're still exploring is how to use outside of Product and Engineering team so maybe better support for cross-team collaboration.
Internet, 11-50 employees
April 25, 2019

“Invaluable for managing big projects with lots of contributors”

OverallWe use clubhouse for many things. Feature requests, bug tracking, project management for short and long term cycles. It's a very well thought-out way of managing projects and teams at scale.
ProsClubhouse is really build with software development projects in mind. It has many ways of displaying the items that teams are working on, and powerful filters to keep the workspace from getting cluttered.
ConsIt is something that takes time to manage. You have to check in with your stories and epics regularly and make sure to keep your information updated. It's worth the time, however.
Entertainment, 1-10 employees

“Great Trello Replacement!”

ProsFantastic Kanban tool. If you're looking for a replacement for Trello that's more grown up, this is your tool.
ConsIt is very Kanban oriented, i.e. if you are on a scrum based process, don't expect it to work perfectly without a lot of tweaks.
Dennis L.
Developer
July 24, 2019

“Coolest story board app to date”

OverallClubhouse is a primary app used in our team. It's Trello on crack.
ProsClubhouse is quite simple to get up and running, as well as customized. It's powerful, with a lot of features. With it's Github intergration, Clubhouse is quite possibly the most used product on our team. With the new sprint feature, it's been phenomenal.
ConsThe app on Android is a bit buggy. It's sometimes hit or miss with the git integration, some stories don't get linked even when following the docs, though I could be doing something wrong.
July 24, 2019
Alexandra F.
Customer Educator
Online Media, 51-200 employees
April 25, 2019

“Easy to link to and easy to track!”

ProsI love that Clubhouse lets me link to lots of other services and easily get notified when there are updates on the issue we're tracking. It's also versatile to be able to used by multiple teams and for many different teams.
ConsThe search feature is a little clunky, and it makes it difficult to search exactly what you're looking for; there isn't a huge differentiation between what's an exact match and what's simply similar, which makes it hard to search things like ID numbers without things getting messed up.
Daniel P.
Director of Product
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
April 25, 2019

“Easy to use for everyone”

ProsRather than being a tool that is over engineered for Product Managers, Developers, or any other subset of a team - Clubhouse is truly designed to be easy to use across functions in a team, and that is critical for a project management tool like this.
ConsNeeds support for sprints/iterations! Tracking them requires "hacking" the feature set.
Albert J.
Data Scientist
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
April 25, 2019

“Great tool to organize projects and teams”

OverallIt help the company to better keep track of tasks and also allow for multi-team connectivity.
Pros- The different granularities of projects. E.g. the distribution in Epics and Stories. - Smart way of keeping track of processes. - Easy to connect and sync with GitHub, Slack and other platforms.
Cons- The formatting of the Stories, it is difficult to write reports visually appealing.
Claus D.
Head of Delivery
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
April 25, 2019

“Ease of use, high value for money”

OverallEasy to have a structured overview of a mixed team of employees, freelancers and external people
ProsThe value for money, the easy use and the philosophy behind it
ConsGetting the right search results is sometimes difficult