Glew Ratings

Overall
4.4/5
4.3/5
4.3/5

About Glew

Glew delivers multichannel business intelligence and analytics for ecommerce merchants, digital agencies, retailers and B2B sellers. With 30+ integrations, Glew lets you see all your data in one place - and get meaningful insights to grow your business through beautiful visualizations, scheduled and automated reports, alerts and more. What opportunities could you uncover with Glew? Learn more about Glew

Jonathan J S.
eCommerce Manager
Sporting Goods, 501-1000 employees
October 16, 2019

“The best "SNAPSHOT" Solution to Understand your eCommerce Business!”

OverallGlew has been an absolute dream to work with. We started with our rep who later transitioned to our primary support contact as well. The team is clearly passionate about the product and it shows. Thier commitment to product development and consumer education is by far my favorite aspect. They host regular webinars, not just training on the product but on bigger industry trends in understanding attribution modeling, acquisition tactics and how to incorporate this data into your decision-making and marketing plans. This is a huge step plus and helps provide the knowledge and data for you and your team to grow your business.
ProsGlew.io really excels at thing - putting easy to comprehend dashboards at your fingertips with actionable insights for managing your e-commerce business. Whether it's daily reports for you to act on, or delving into rich history of reports for trends forecasts, Glew thrives in merrying in all data from your connected platforms into an easy to understand and customize report. I can quickly see inventory velocity, conversion rate trends, channel marketing gains all coming in from analytics, marketing and CMS system playing together seamlessly. What's best, it's great to share and show snippets to stakeholders with ease, but quickly make custom reports or facet down on the data for your day-to-day to find actionable insights to grow your business. This is all on top a responsive staff and tech support team that has supported us growing from 1 site to 10 sites in less than a year.
ConsLike all aggregator data platforms, not everything is supported or can provide all things to all users. That said, with 3 months on the platform - Glew surprised us by regular adding new integrations and debuting a new one for Salesforce that help complete the complete Stack for us. It's worth noting, Glew does not replace your analytics platforms such as GA, Adobe or built-in reporting with your CMS. It merely enhances them and make the data digestable and multi-faceted by merging all of these sources for new analysis. This does require you have your analytics set-up correctly. So make sure GOALs, KPIs and funnels are configured correctly on the primary system or they will just give you bad data once imported into Glew.
October 16, 2019
Nihar K.
VP Business Development & Strategy
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
December 6, 2018

“All in one eCommerce strategy planning machine”

OverallAs an Shopify Plus Partner agency, our many merchants that are using our white labeled version of the platform (https://analytics.roswellstudios.com) provides a personal touch - which is awesome. We've dubbed it Roswell Analytics (powered by Glew Plus). It solves our merchants main problem: where should I spend my time and money to get the best ROI. Simply put - Glew provides the answer.
ProsAs an executive in the eCommerce ecosystem, I rarely give a platform 5 stars across the board. However when reps from the Glew platform approached me, he didn't try to sell me on the platform, he worked with me to help empower my merchants to understand how the holistic approach to analytics is the only way to strategically advance your KPIs. As a Shopify Plus Partner, Roswell Studios provides design, development AND strategy / consulting. The Glew platform has enabled us to provide a 4th dimension solution to the age old question - what is working, how and why? By connecting a dozen analytics dashboards in one central place, and combining the granular filtering, with profitability gauges (through the input of COGS) - our merchants can assess, with agility, whether to spend more on paid ads, social ads, email marketing, SEO etc. So - instead of having 7 tabs open - exporting to XLS, then using pivot tables and other madness to engage in quantitative analysis - Glew does it for you in a matter of a few clicks. Just connect your eComm platform, Google Analytics, email service provider, Ad Words, Bing Ads, Facebook, Subscription App, Shipping Platform, Rewards Platform etc. - and utilize the built in reports to get going. Custom reports are a cinch. And if our merchants need a more in depth analysis that isn't out of the box - we access MODE to engage in the BI tunnel to create super customized reports (does require development however).
ConsAll of the integrations can initially seem intimidating - and then understanding their attribution model (first order attribution: https://glew.io/making-sense-attribution-modeling/) - and making sense of it versus Google's attribution model (last click) when your merchants are married to GA presented some initial challenges. However, reading further into the science / understanding of the attribution models and educating our merchants proved to be difficult, but eventually rewarding.
Stuart W.
Digital Marketing Manager
Cosmetics, 11-50 employees
March 1, 2019

“Data made simple. Easy to use and always improving.”

OverallResponsive support, always improving the software, informative and hosting webinars that educate its users - there's a lot that I like about Glew. Their communication by email is always on point (precise and to the point) keeping you in the loop with improvements, new features, software/data changes, and upcoming features. You always are left feeling that your money is well spent with Glew improving the software and bringing out new integrations. So many more e-commerce app and software providers could learn a thing or two here about not resting on their laurels and not updating their software to keep ahead of the curve.
ProsDue to the data and reports that Glew provides and brings to the surface I have quicker access to reviewing our e-commerce practices. Insights to LTV and campaigns now mean I can see what is making money long-term a hell of a lot easier and adjust our focus to those channels that are providing greater LTV per customer or better net profit margins - this also extends into brands and categories on the website. Such a report previously as a small company was time consuming and meant a job list being negatively impacted. Glew cuts that time down to just mere minutes.
ConsNot that it's Glew's fault, but the fact that I'm having to pay for this software in the first place when Bigcommerce shopping cart has the data, offers 'analytics' but is not focused on the stats we need unlike Glew.
March 1, 2019
December 11, 2018

“Top Notch Customer Service and Product”

OverallWe have some very specific needs on the enterprise side. The team at Glew is always there for us no matter how big or how small the request. Our needs are unique as we use Glew's analytics for all our clients and the Glew team has become an extension of our company. There have been several calls where their team has provided invaluable insights and expertise that has lead to numerous clients of ours being very satisfied. Working with their team has been a pleasure as they always come prepared and with solutions to our challenges. Highly recommend their service and their team. What ever you need done they find a way to do it.
ProsI come from companies who use very sophisticated systems to gather and analyze data and Glew's prebuilt data sets are very useful because they help you to think of ways to analyze you data in areas you may have not thought about before. I love the way it looks and how I am able to with their team customize it based on what our clients needs are.
ConsWe have a unique design that we have worked with the Glew team to put together. They have done everything we have asked of them.
Chris E.
Vice President of Sales
Industrial Automation, 10,001+ employees

“Daily Snapshot”

OverallWith on-line marketing and the need for results, Glew provides as easy to read, user friendly snapshot of our performance. For the price, Glew provides a cost effective ideal solution for sales and marketing. A great product from a team who provides outstanding customer service. I recommend it for all of my representatives.
ProsWe love the daily snapshot in our management review meetings. Each morning we receive an automated email telling us the number of visitors and quick view of sales for the day. Ideal for a quick look as to if we are winning or losing. We can always dig into the details by logging into our dashboard.
ConsSome may say the daily snapshot if very basic but for me it is exactly what I need. Quick view, easy to read and if I need more details I can always dig in.
Matt T.
Sr. Software Developer
Retail, 201-500 employees

“Excellent analytics service”

OverallThe Glew views allow us to view everything that is going on with our business from traffic to sales, users to products. We take advantage of the Amazon and Mailchimp integrations as well. The customer service is excellent and the platform is easy to use. An essential and well like part of the management of our business.
ProsI like how easy it is to get at my key data, and that I can pull in data from other sources and still see everything in one view.
ConsI didn't really find anything to be a drawback.
Ashley L.
Director, Human Resources
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
November 29, 2018

“5 Star Customer Service!”

ProsGreat reporting and analytics that our key to business decisions on our E-Commerce platform. Customer service is always spot on, and I receive personal support with any reports that I need. Great product!
ConsGreat reporting and analytics that our key to business decisions on our E-Commerce platform. Customer service is always spot on, and I receive personal support with any reports that I need. Great product!
Vincent W.
Digital Marketing Analyst
December 6, 2018

“Great tool for our Agency”

OverallOne of the key highlights is the customer service. There is support through chat and they are usually very responsive in resolving any issues that I have.
ProsMost features are fairly standard on an analytics tool like this but the biggest value for us is the ease of customer segmentation to assist us in building out re-marketing and lookalikes. The lifetime value feature also helps us benchmark success targets for our clients.
ConsMost of the reporting are not customizable to our personal needs, but we are acquiring access to BI Tunnel which will solve this issue.
Chase M.
Business Strategist
Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees
November 15, 2018

“Glew Brings It All Together”

ProsGlew is an easy to implement data analytics tool for marketing teams that would like to begin utilizing their data in a meaningful way.
ConsThe report builder in the software could be a little better, but over all no real cons.
November 15, 2018
Robbie P.
Co-Founder and Chief Marketing Officer
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
December 10, 2018

“Best Platform for Ecommerce Attribution”

OverallGlew is awesome!
ProsIn a world of clouded data and platforms competing for conversion attribution, Glew breaks down all your data so it can be easily interpreted and you can tell where sales are really coming from. Great monthly retention cohorts for subscription.
ConsI wish Glew conversion rate calculation excluded subscription reoccuring orders.
December 10, 2018
Miguel M.
Retail, 1-10 employees
July 18, 2019

“Glew provides the overview I was looking for”

ProsI've always wanted one central location to see my daily performance, not only in sales numbers, but where and why those sales came in. By integrating my marketing channels (including email), i'm able to get a clear picture on where those sales came from, and how trends are affecting them.
ConsThe commitment period is long, but you're locked in with your price, which is good.
Jordan M.
Senior Brand Executive at Goose Creek Home Fragrance
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees
February 5, 2019

“Great resource. Does more than expected”

OverallIt's been a great experience. I have found the technical support to be extremely responsive and helpful.
ProsThis app has everything we need. It is easy to use and provides all the needed reporting to run a successful e-commerce business
ConsThere are no cons. I have not had any regrets adding this app. Very helpful.
February 5, 2019
Sara G.
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
December 13, 2018

“Love this software! ”

OverallWe launched our e-commerce store about 2 years ago and Glew has really helped us capture important data necessary for the growth of our business.
ProsWe love the ease of use of this software. It provides us with easy ability to see where our online sales are generated from. We use Glew mostly for the reporting and are able to learn buying patterns of our customers. The data that Glew provides us also allows us to send targeted emails out to customers based on what category they fall under. We have lot's of luck with sending out coupon codes to customers that haven't shopped in a specific amount of months.
ConsI don't think that we have any cons to using this software.
December 13, 2018
Alex C.
Vice President
Retail, 11-50 employees
November 28, 2018

“Use Glew Daily”

OverallUse it daily and find it essential.
ProsAs a Shopify+ merchant I find that GLEW is far more accurate than Google Analytics and provides much more depth than Shopify reports. I love the daily reports sent via email each morning and that we have a simple easy to use place to analyze margin, costs, revenue, profit, sell through, inventory aging and much more.
ConsI think the price is a bit steep, but it does add value to my business so it is what it is.
November 28, 2018
Rich P.
Business Development Director
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
November 14, 2018

“I use Glew all day and it is awesome!”

OverallGlew became our reporting and analytics engine and we use it constantly to run our business.
ProsIt is so fast and the information is quick and easy to use. Integration was smooth and fast. The support has been excellent.
ConsI do not have any cons and any small tweeks I have requested have been put in a later update.
November 14, 2018
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees
December 12, 2018

“Best tool for small to medium ecommerce businesses.”

OverallAfter using Glew for over a year now my experience has been really positive. The account management with support team is always excellent.
ProsWhat I like most about Glew is their preloaded customer segmentation and LTV for each audience. We're able to rapidly pull segments of our audiences and load them into FB ad manager with ease. This gives us greater flexibility in creating look alike audiences while scaling paid FB spend.
ConsI wish we had more direct access to cohorts on a running 12 month basis. It would really help small brands better understand the quality of the customers they're acquiring and if their retention efforts are working properly.
December 12, 2018
Leon L.
Senior eCommerce & Digital Marketing Manager

“Great all-in-one tool!”

ProsGreat tool for a daily snapshot across ecomm channels and easy insights into Facebook ad performance.
ConsNo immediate cons - some metrics lack date sorting, etc. and I think the Shopify integration could go deeper but this is an awesome product.
James R.
Retail, 1-10 employees
December 14, 2018

“Glew Review”

OverallSo far it has been great. It is pricey but it does do a lot. And the support is amazing.
ProsIt's easy to use, has lots of historical data and easy ways to compare different time periods and year over year. Love the details it shows on the products and all that it integrates with too
ConsKind of pricey for reporting software in my opinion. especially compared to what we used to use.
December 14, 2018
Joshua B.
Digital Specialist
Design, 11-50 employees
December 6, 2018

“Glew gives amazing insights ”

ProsAs an agency with this gives amazing insight and actionable information across a wide range of channels and clients. The native integration Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Big Commerce, Dot Mailer are a great feature. The support team over at Glew are alway happy to help and give great trainig.
ConsOnly a small con but there's isn't a link to Google Webmasters' Data
Taylor L.
Director of E-Commerce
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 51-200 employees
November 30, 2018

“Super easy to use! ”

OverallGreat customer support experience and the support staff has been super helpful with the 3 brands I have launched on the platform.
ProsMakes data easy to access, analyze, and share across departments.
ConsWould like to be able to customize reports a bit more.
November 30, 2018
Mark B.
Digital Marketing Manager
Internet, 51-200 employees

“Great Product”

OverallWe find this is a great tool for people who don't have a history working with BI tools
ProsIt comes configured out of the box so people don't have to waste time working out what reports they would like built
ConsI think if you understand how the product is positioned in this market and you consider how much it costs, there really are no cons
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees

“Invaluable inventory insights”

OverallGreat customer support as well - also occasionally provides free and helpful webinars.
ProsMy company was looking for a more intuitive way to track sales (and non-sales) in our inventory system - Glew offers an exportable file with all the information we needed. It does much, much more, but this simple tool has already proven invaluable.
ConsThere's a lot to take in with Glew - it has many incredible uses but sometimes its hard to know where to start. They offer a Glew Academy via YouTube, etc. but it's not always easy to follow along (or get to the meat and potatoes of what you want to know).
Erinn H.
Account Supervisor
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
December 6, 2018

“Great insights with great support! ”

OverallThe entire experience was great! The tool and team are very helpful!
ProsI liked how easy it was to navigate with little to know training.
ConsSometimes manipulating the data for custom problems became troublesome.
Tim M.
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
December 6, 2018

“Super easy to use analytics software!”

OverallReally helping us track key metrics over time
ProsDaily email, customer segmentation and LTV
ConsStill working on some ways to segment customers
Priya R.
Data Analyst
November 29, 2018

“A Business Tool That I Would Recommend”

OverallIt's a useful product, gives me an hourly breakdown of revenue generated that I monitor daily. Would have loved to have made more use out of its functions at the company.
ProsThe daily email snapshot of Revenue, AOV, Refunds and other key metrics. The customer segmentation functions and cost manager section.
ConsI don't feel like it pulls Ad Spend or email marketing data correctly. Customer service has had a hard time figuring out why Glew can't pull revenue data for Mailchimp campaigns that include A/B tests.
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
October 19, 2018

“HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE DO NOT USE ”

OverallYou really don't want me to write this. Trust me. Just run.
ProsThe interface is easy enough but it leaves you wanting more. My client tried to use this and it provided zero value.
ConsCustomer service. Hands down. Not initially, but once you are "closed" forget it. It's like boiler room.

By Glew on November 16, 2018
Hi there, Abby here - I¿m Director of Communications here at Glew. I¿m sorry to hear you didn¿t have a positive experience with Glew. We do everything we can to ensure each of our clients is successful on our platform, including providing customers with a high level of support, and we appreciate any feedback to help us grow in that regard. If there¿s anything we can do for you in the future, please reach out anytime.
October 19, 2018
Jeremy H.
Ecommerce Manager
Consumer Electronics, 11-50 employees
December 7, 2018

“Great Ecommerce Analytics solution”

ProsGreat Ecommerce analysis tool that digs deeper into the Customer and product behavior then Shopify does. Automated reporting is a great feature to share the insights with the greater team.
ConsFixed Annual pricing isn't great. Would be better if it had a month to month model like most SaaS services.
December 7, 2018
Charles C.
Director Of Partnerships
December 4, 2018

“Ecommerce Analytics Powerhouse”

OverallUse it to identify best performing customer segments and products. Use it as a high level tool for marketing strategy for our ecommerce clients.
ProsProvides many useful calculations usually locked away in the shopping cart and analytics.
ConsNeed to use it frequently to cache the pages otherwise page speed can be a little sow.
December 4, 2018
Christopher T.
Head of Customer Experience
November 20, 2018

“Referred Glew to all of my friends and peers!”

ProsThe dashboard is intuitive and accessible. The customer service is excellent; they respond to inquries in minutes!
ConsI wish there would be a report tht gives actionable items. Right now, I just ask one of the VP's and they are helpful in dishing out some potential action items.
November 20, 2018
Retail, 51-200 employees
November 29, 2018

“Shopify Analytics on Steroids”

ProsIntuitive user interface, tools to help inform and grow your business, helps to see your data in new ways. The on-boarding and personal help has been great.
ConsThere isn't much I didn't like, the software has very good UX/UI
Tom M.
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
October 11, 2018

“11 days no response / over $4k spent with them”

OverallPoor. Feel cheated. Not valued, not looked after and most of all conned. Do not go near them, it's just a waste.
ProsGlew delivers some key stats which is great. Nowhere near the value they purport.
ConsThe 12 month lock in is a con. No interest in answering questions about my needs, which really is just the stats that I get being correct.

By Glew on November 16, 2018
Hi there, Abby here - I¿m Director of Communications here at Glew. I¿m sorry to hear you didn¿t have a positive experience with Glew. We work with our clients and our tech partners to ensure that the data presented in Glew is accurate, and we believe our annual contracts provide added value and convenience for our users. However, we appreciate any feedback to help us serve our clients better. If there¿s anything we can do for you in the future, please reach out anytime.
October 11, 2018
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees
July 25, 2018

“Beware - they'll keep charging you and make it impossible to cancel”

OverallNothing
ProsAbsolutely nothing. Terrible customer service. Would never use again. Keep billing and make it impossible to cancel .
ConsCancelled the service, had an acknowledgement from them that it was cancelled and they then kept charing out credit card and didn't respond to any emails when we contacted them. AVOID.

By Glew on November 16, 2018
Hi there, Abby here - I¿m Director of Communications here at Glew. I¿m sorry to hear you didn¿t have a positive experience with Glew. We offer a standard cancellation policy for annual contracts, and we apologize if there was an error in stopping your payments - however, I can¿t look into your specific case since you chose to remain anonymous for this review. If there¿s anything further we can do for you, please reach out at support@glew.io.
July 25, 2018
March 8, 2018

“great ecommerce analytics”

Prosas an agency working with multiple ecommerce sites we needed a solution that bundled analytics and reporting. glew came through for us
Consvery pricey, i would not recommend purchasing this as an end user. the native analytics provided by woo and shopify are comparable

By Glew on November 16, 2018
Hi there, Abby here - I¿m Director of Communications here at Glew. Thanks for your review of Glew! We do offer analytics for both agencies and individual ecommerce stories, with revenue-based pricing for ecommerce stores. We also offer multichannel analytics and reporting capabilities that are not available natively in most ecommerce platforms. We appreciate your feedback!
March 8, 2018
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
December 6, 2018

“Powerful and fast insights”

OverallWe are getting faster to actionable insights and KPIs that we look at to make every day business decisions.
ProsIt was very easy to set up and the team is super responsive in helping to set up. The insights generated are great.
ConsWhile all the features are great, one has to think different from all other mainstream analytics tools which makes getting used to the platform a bit more time consuming.
Collin J.
Account Management Intern

“Great for what I need”

OverallOverall it's a great program. I really enjoy being able to learn more and more about my target market.
ProsThe amount of information that is available. I am able to segment exactly who I want and deliver the correct message to the correct audience.
ConsSometimes it is a little confusing to find specific information, but a quick call/email to our rep solves all those problems.
Josh S.
Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees
June 20, 2019

“Terrible customer service and a platform that has a lot of data, but not all connected.”

OverallTerrible customer service, they tell you that their software can do one thing, you sign the contract, then they delay delay delay to hold you in and say sorry we don't have that feature and you're under contract.
ProsInteresting dashboard, but limited in it's functionality and usefulness.
ConsThey can't compare data to the previous year on the main dashboard. It wants to report against the previous "30 day" period, but won't compare to the previous year same period as a default. This is crazy that it can't do such a basic task.
June 20, 2019
Dylan S.
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2018

“BEWARE DO NOT USE, IMPOSSIBLE TO CANCEL AND ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE”

ProsNOTHING, THIS IS A HORRIBLE SERVICE. THEY HAVE NO SUPPORT
ConsIT DOES NOT WORK AND YOU CANNOT SPEAK TO ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS

By Glew on November 16, 2018
Hi there, Abby here - I¿m Director of Communications here at Glew. I¿m sorry to hear you didn¿t have a positive experience with Glew. We do everything we can to ensure each of our clients is successful on our platform, including providing customers with a high level of support. We also offer a standard cancellation policy for annual contracts. However, we appreciate any feedback to help us serve our clients better. If there¿s anything we can do for you in the future, please reach out anytime.
September 25, 2018
Robert Y.
Solutions Architect
Internet, 51-200 employees
April 24, 2019

“Great software!”

ProsI love the ability to standardize analytics across web properties.
ConsIntegration can be complicated. Given history with analytics configuration can be complicated.
April 24, 2019