WordPerfect Office Ratings

Overall
4.4/5
4.3/5
4.2/5

About WordPerfect Office

Corel WordPerfect Office is the trusted solution for creating impressive documents, presentations, spreadsheets, and more. With built-in PDF functionality, enhanced Reveal Codes, and eBook publishing, youll find all the support and familiar features you need to work more efficiently and collaboration is made simple with support for over 60 file types. User-suggested enhancements streamline your most important workflow requirements, setting you up for success in any office environment. Learn more about WordPerfect Office

Victor N.
Director de Planes Urbanos
February 15, 2018

“WordPerfect...The best word processor, where you can maneuver the old or modern style”

Overall The biggest benefit offered by WordPerfect is the elimination of errors in the heavier documents, which in opportunities can be lost in other tools for the same market. in my experience WordPerfect helped me minimize work hours in the process of editing and controlling sequences of tables, images, figures, maps and other additional files of the printed work
ProsIn many cases, word processors generate errors due to their lack of compatibility with the regulations that must be applied to research documents. APA, Gost, ISO, Harvard standards, among others, come to complicate the completion of a work with more than 3000 thousand pages that include tables, graphics, images, appointments. Corel WordPerfect considers and shows the handling of this type of complications in a fluid way, in my experience I changed a month of text editing work for only two days. The cost of the software is quite competitive with the rest of the similar programs, it will not be very popular, but it is undoubtedly an excellent tool. Automatic management of margins for legal documents, Offers many options for focused texts such as stories, compatible with open writer and microsoft word, allows to export to pdf. They offer a download of the product for a month of testing, the software allows the change of the options menu to better suit the user's style. Sharepoint access to share products and allow simultaneous modification. If you have several sheets defined for the printed document, you can work with the adjustment option to adapt the size and layout of the font and the space between the lines, so that it does not exceed the number of sheets established.
Cons the low popularity of corel products against the tools made by Microsoft is a point against WordPerfect, a finite universe of users appreciate it for the versatility it offers that places it above the performance shown by Office. The cost of the product is accessible for a number of considerable machines, for an individual user it is a bit expensive, the tool is focused on satisfying the requirements of companies, leaving aside the home market
February 15, 2018
Mark A. S.
December 23, 2017

“Over the top abilities to create, produce and maintain Legal Documents”

ProsReveal Codes is the most incredible tool -- that Microsoft still does not get. I started in 1982 version 2.22, learning while hanging upside down to fix herniated discs. I would go into the office with new ideas, and implemented them. Novell made errors in their ownership, but Corel has brought the program back to life. WP continues to overpower and provide clarity to document creation, editing and freedom to create what my law office needs. We write letters, contracts, memos, pleadings, briefs -- and the tools provided work without multiple overlays of styles. You have a flexible customizable interface, quick correct, quick words that allow for repeated documents or phrases -- to complex merge processing integrated with Time Matters. You can figure out and define all the details of a document, and the automatic outlining works! Headers, footers, watermarks, speed of editing, tables, path file name - are superb. The macro language is second to none. We have changed Firm Name, location, email addresses and added or subtracted lawyers -- and we can do that to our entire database of documents in sequences that amaze other firms. I can take a user from zero to high performance more quickly than any other program in my office. We have some special templates and forms that work better than any other system I have seen. This is the best word processing software.
ConsThe compare / redline feature is not as good as the Word track changes function. I would prefer a more robust Word conversion, back and forth with a table of substituted functions.
December 23, 2017
Ray A.
Research and Cultural Consultant, Editor/writer, interpreter.
Education Management, Self-employed
August 29, 2018

“Probably the best wordprocessor unless you need unicode support.”

OverallOutstanding writing tool that offers many features for students, researchers. Apparently is it used widely in law offices and in medical professions because of its outstanding editing capabilities.
ProsWordperfect used to be the industry standard wordprocessor in the late 80s and during the 90s. For some reason, MS Word achieved supremacy even though many of WordPerfect users considered it quite inferior and awkward in comparison. It was, and still is, famous owing to its outstanding "reveal codes" feature that allows users to see the formatting codes embedded in documents and make necessary changes. When you read other reviews, its clear that other user consider "reveal codes" to be an invaluable time-saving tool that enables them to solve difficult formatting problems quickly and easily. How many times have you been confused in MS Word or in LibreOffice by formatting that suddenly becomes bold, or bulleted lists that don't follow a proper sequence? Such problems can often be exceedingly time consuming to resolve. But in WordPerfect, its quite simple: press Reveal Codes, find the offending codes, delete them or move them to the proper location, and the problem is solved. WordPerfect has the amazingly useful "Make It Fit" feature that will help users fit a document onto fewer pages. This is useful when trying to create a two-page resume that is currently has 4 or 5 lines running onto a third page. In stead of painstakingly manual tweaking of the document formatting as you must do in MS Word, in WordPerfect, press "Make it Fit" and let the software fix it for you.
ConsWordPerfect does not support Unicode and as such, cannot handle non-European languages such as Chinese or Japanese. I wrote to Corel years ago to ask them to implement this capability, but they clearly have not regarded it as a priority. For many users who do need Unicode support such as myself, I now mainly rely on LibreOffice or KDE's office suite.
August 29, 2018
Julie J W.
Customer Service Representative
Financial Services, 10,001+ employees
December 20, 2018

“The best word processor”

OverallOverall, WP is far superior to its biggest competitor. I have used it since 1988 (version 4.0) and still use and prefer it as my go-to word processor. The suite also includes Quattro Pro spreadsheet and Presentations slide show and graphics software. It can import and export files to many other formats for compatibility. I have written several books and published them to PDF right from WordPerfect. I love this software.
ProsWordPerfect has Reveal Codes. This is by far the best tool to help you apply the exact formatting that you want. It allows you to see exactly what formatting is in your document. It makes it easy to drag out any formatting codes that you dont want. I can get the reshlts I want in this program. WordPerfect also has a powerful macro language that helps you automate so many tasks, such as creating custom documents based on criteria that you can answers to queries built In to the macro. You can use programming logic such as IF-THEN, WHILE, FOR, FORNEXT, etc. WordPerfect also has a very powerful merge feature that allows you to merge data into letters, envelopes, and other documents from data files.
ConsOver the years WordPerfect has leaned towards adopting features from its competitor, which has been pretty annoying to long time WP users.
December 20, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
December 14, 2018

“Compatible with ALL previous versions!”

OverallIt has been very simple and easy to use. Key stroke shortcuts seem to carry over from some of the word software from year (I mean YEARS) ago. It's very easy to use, especially if you're just starting out using office software.
ProsThis is what I like MOST about WordPerfect software. It is compatible with any and all of their previous versions. No need to update or convert older documents when you move from one computer to another with different OS's. WordPerfect made this compatibility promise years ago, and they have stuck to it. I first heard of it over 20 years ago, and it still works on ALL their software products. By the way, their software is easy to use. It's easy to memorize key stroke codes, and again, all of them work similarly through all of their products. They're the best!
ConsThey don't offer as much variety as other brands, and they're not as popular in the market place, but once you decide you like them, you will be loyal for life.
John O.
attorney
September 2, 2019

“Wordperfect: built for typists”

OverallIt handles all of my word processing needs. Only recently have I had problems with converting documents between different platforms, which it used to do exceedingly well. Otherwise, no complaints.
ProsI primarily use Wordperfect Office as a word processor. It is perfect for anyone who is a typist, as opposed to accustomed to using control and function key shortcuts or mouse/touchpad or touch screen. It works well with all of those alternative input methods, but it really shines just with typing input. I have used it for almost 30 years through all of its revisions and upgrades and find it equally easy to use and functional.
ConsIt can be sometimes resistant to customizing but that is the only drawback I've ever found. The Office bundle used to be, I thought, unjustifiably expensive, but that no longer is the case.
John R.
Retired...
Law Enforcement, Self-employed
June 27, 2019

“From 5.25" Floopy Disk To DVD Disk!”

OverallUsed WP for years, did some personal things to assist me in work areas. Did finally work for a City organization that used WP (thankfully not Microsoft Word - I finally bought it along the way as so many used it - egads, compared to WP it stunk!) Helped out once at work one night, straightened out some things that were messed up - did get a letter of commendation for that.
ProsWhen I first started using it - back in '90 or '91, can't quite remember - I found it interesting, and after 2 or 3 months I decided to take a night course for it, thought I might pick up a few things, and I did; felt I knew even more from the class. Final exam for the class (assume it was set up by the Corel). Getting right through it, saw the teacher talking to 2 or 3 or so classmates, then she came over to me; asked me about one of the questions, if I got it. Told her I was then she wanted me to show here, I did, she thanked me - then came the moment she told the rest of the class. Got our 'grade card' not too many day after that. First time in my life I ever took a course and got an A+....If I had to put a BEST label on something then it would be for Reveal Codes, unreal.
ConsActually, thinking back, can't really say there was something I didn't like.
June 27, 2019
Loraine D.
June 9, 2017

“Still the best word processing software around”

OverallIt makes me so much more productive than I am with competing word processors.
ProsWordPerfect is the easiest word processor to learn, to fix errors in, to make formatting changes in, and to make outlines and bullets in. I also use Word, and every time I do, I am reminded of what an inferior product Word is. We do a lot of legal documents with cross-referencing and outlines, and it is so much easier for me to fix those items when something breaks in WordPerfect than in Word that it isn't funny. Also, I can open Word documents in WordPerfect with no problem, and save documents into usable Word files with no problem, while Word doesn't want to let me open WordPerfect files.
ConsThat Word has managed to become the default just because Microsoft is the 800-pound gorilla of software.
June 9, 2017
Bob B.
Broker
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
March 12, 2019

“Word Perfect Office Professional”

OverallLong time Wordperfect user since the DOS days in the 90's. Much easier to use versus Word and more things can be done with the program versus the competitor. The other programs in the Corel Office program are compatible converting Microsoft programs/files. Would like to keep using but Corel needs to get mobil program compatible with Android/Apple. This has become very limiting while working in the field.
ProsCorel keeps the programs moving forward with updates every couple of years. Ease of use, much better functionality versus Word and other Microsoft Office Programs. Appreciative Corel has not gone to annual payment services.
ConsDoes not have an Android App/Program. All our files are saved in Wordperfect format. We cannot access via phone or tablet unless converted at the office to PDF files.
March 12, 2019
Oliver S.
Legal Assistant
Legal Services, 1-10 employees
February 8, 2019

“WordPerfect Office is a staple for law offices!”

OverallOverall, I've used this program since I could start using a computer. It's remained a great alternative for Microsoft Word. To this day, our law office uses both WordPerfect and Word.
ProsWhat I like most about WordPerfect is that it's a staple for law practices everywhere. Although some would say it's older and outdated for modern word processing, I would argue that it's in some ways better than Microsoft Word in that it's simplistic and provides the user more freedom to setup documents how they want it.
ConsWhat I like least is that this software is a bit dated. It's still useful, however, it doesn't work well on Macs which our office is currently running on. You need to have a PC to run WordPerfect to its fullest.
February 8, 2019
Harold K.
Physician
Medical Practice, Self-employed

“Word Perfect”

OverallMedical dictation. Do it all day every day.
ProsI absolutely require the "reveal codes" view, so I can make changes. Microsoft does not have this feature and so after many changes, very strange bugs get into the file that cause unpredictable behaviors and lots of bloat. that is my main reason for sticking with it for decades. Plus I have a bias against microsoft. I use it with Dragon Naturally Speaking, very good experience.
ConsSometimes a copy and paste of a formatted page from another source works better in Word than in Word Perfect.
Tony S.
Publisher
Publishing, 1-10 employees
June 10, 2019

“WordPerfect is a superior word processor. Far more intuitive than Word.”

ProsA biggie...you can look behind the curtain. You can reveal the codes and more accurately perfect your document. It has a great search program to find something in current and past files. Also, I've written dozens of macros -- and used some of Corel's -- and assigned them to various keystrokes. I've been using WordPerfect for writing and editing and publishing for more than 30 years. Support is attentive past a year.
ConsIt used to have a better thesaurus. I used to be able to colorize the background; I can't now.
June 10, 2019
Charles G.
Materials Managment
Chemicals, 11-50 employees
December 14, 2018

“Great product and easy to use”

OverallWe have used this software for years and each version gets a bit more capable while still being backward compatible with earlier documents.
ProsWordPerfect is a great word processing program Opens and saves Microsoft Word formatted documents natively. Reveal Codes feature is a life saver that is unknown in other applications Presentations is a useful offset to Powerpoint
ConsSpreadsheet program is not very useful Overall graphics support in WordPerfect is good, but complex highly formatted documents may freeze or exhibit random rendering artifacts.
Adrian T.
Legal Assistant
October 16, 2018

“Word Perfect for our office documents.”

OverallOur office uses this program almost daily. The heart and sole of our legal correspondences. Love it!
ProsWork Perfect is easy to use and learn. It allows our office to alter and change document formats for the correct application. Easy to copy text and add it to a current Word Perfect document.
ConsAlmost too many features. If I am unable to use a certain feature, I generally use youtube to help teach me the features that I am unfamiliar with. Other than that, no cons.
October 16, 2018
October 8, 2018

“Just as easy as Word, but less bells and whistles”

ProsI like that it's pretty easy to use and learn. I'm younger (25-35 age range) and had never even heard of WordPerfect before getting my current job. I learned it in about a day and am now a pro in addition to knowing Word like that back of my hand (all of the bosses come to me w/ Word problems still).
ConsIt has macros, which are cool, but I still feel like Word is more advanced than any other word processor out there.
October 8, 2018
Steve M.
Musician, Blogger, Youtube Content Creator
Music, Self-employed
January 12, 2019

“Best Alternative to Microsoft Office !”

OverallI have used WordPerfect Office for years and I absolutely love it. WordPerfect has saved me time and money. My experience with this software has been wonderful and each version has excelled in updated content.
ProsThe best part about this software is that it is not a subscription based software and I'm able to get whatever project I'm working on completed very quickly.
ConsSome of the document templates can be a little standard but creating my own is not a problem.
January 12, 2019
Stacey R.
First Grade Teacher
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
June 15, 2019

“I truly love WordPerfect”

OverallI love Word Perfect. It was a very valuable tool that I used daily as a teacher. I loved the program that allowed you to find the reading level of any text. That was so valuable to me.
ProsI loved that this program would allow me to find the reading level for any text I typed.
ConsThis program lacked some of the new bells and whistles that newer programs offer, but it is a fabulous program for basic document creation needs.
June 15, 2019
William C.
Graphics Designer/Owner
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees
April 16, 2019

“Just as good as the competition.”

OverallGreat product for the money. Very comparable to all its competitors. Great job Corel, always satisfied with your products.
ProsHow much better the workspace is, in comparision to my former software suite. I also love the fact that I bought the program and its mine.
ConsIt is a little slower than my former suite as far as the resources it consumes. But not slow enough to go back to the other Office suite.
April 16, 2019
Maureen (Missi) H.
Legal Secretary
January 13, 2019

“BEST SOFTWARE BY FAR”

OverallI am a legal secretary and have been in the legal field for going on 26 years now and I have used both Word and WordPefect. I find WP so much easier and more convenient than Word. It makes formatting and typing legal documents so quick and simple.
ProsI LOVE that you can convert a .wpd document to a .pdf so easily. It's a huge plus.
ConsI can't think of a thing. I 've been using it for so long. Prefer it over Word any day.
January 13, 2019
Crisalyn T.
Boutique owner
Retail, Self-employed
November 14, 2018

“One of my favorite word processing programs ”

OverallI would highly recommend word perfect! I was able to do so much with just one program!!
ProsSo easy and user friendly great for someone in school. Used it a lot in college. Was able to draft papers and do all kinds of assignments with word perfect. Loved its simplicity. Has everything you need!
ConsNo complaints! It simply is my favorite word processing program to use.
November 14, 2018
Cheryl H.
Front Desk
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
June 3, 2019

“Great document creating software”

ProsWord Perfect has been a favorite for many years. I have used this within many companies. It has great features such as margin settings, insertions for logos etc. It has all of the tools you need for both business and home document creation!
ConsLike most document software, it takes a little getting acclimated.
June 3, 2019
Randy B.
September 2, 2019

“My Preferred Word Processing Program”

ProsAllows you to see formatting within a document. Ability to use different keyboard shortcuts. Easy to manage and convert documents.
ConsPrice is a bit high, particularly since there have been no major changes in the program for years.
Cathy Z.
Church Administrator
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
January 16, 2019

“WordPerfect Office Review”

ProsI have used Word Perfect now for over 22 years at my job and I find it so much more easier and convenient to use than some of the other software that is offered. It just seems much less complicated!
ConsThere are times when updates are offered and of course, there is always a cost.
January 16, 2019
Gianna S.
Independent Consultant
March 16, 2018

“A little outdated but gets the job done”

ProsGreat tool for the price. I can do pretty much everything I need to do and it is a fraction of the price as some of the other software.
ConsThe only con is that it is outdated and there are newer software packages that can do more than this one, but it still works good
March 16, 2018
May 29, 2019

“Annoying bugs & compatibility issues (everyone uses Word!)”

ProsI am not a fan of WordPerfect; I much prefer Word. However, some of my colleagues insist that they prefer WordPerfect. They like that the program shows the codes at the bottom of the screen, so that you have a line of code to review when the program starts doing something strange with formatting, etc. With Microsoft Word, it is often a mystery why strange formatting is being applied; at least with WordPerfect, the code at the bottom gives the user a clue (and the offending part of the code can simply be deleted to fix the issue).
ConsSometimes, when I type something and then click elsewhere on the page, the program interprets this as a command to delete what I've just written. This is beyond frustrating. Also, since everyone uses Word, it can be annoying to send WordPerfect documents to others via email; this process usually involves converting the documents to PDF to ensure they send correctly.
May 29, 2019
ARLENE W.
March 26, 2018

“Features are easy to use.”

ProsAbility to create impressive documents and spreadsheets and much, much more. Easy editing and powerful program.
ConsNone. For the price of the software it comes with a lot of versatility . Very powerful for all the features you might be looking for.
March 26, 2018
Michael W.
Lawyer
August 6, 2019

“Best Wordprocessor ever!”

OverallUse it daily for wordprocessing, spreadsheets, etc. Fantastic capabilities; much easier to use than Word.
ProsEasy to use; intuitive; great features make the program very useable
ConsNeed a macro book for the more recent versions.
August 6, 2019
Richard J S.
Estate Planning Attorney
Law Practice, Unspecified
November 10, 2017

“I have been using WordPerfect for more than thirty years. It is the best word processor I've used. ”

OverallIt is easy to use and powerful. I usually create documents on WordPerfect and export them to Word if I need a Word document. It is much easier to create a document on WordPerfect than it is on Word.
ProsReveal Code function. It lets you easily correct formating errors. It also allows you to find and replace formatting codes. It imports, edits and exports PDF files. It has a "Make it fit" feature which formats a document into the number of pages you want.
ConsThat it is less popular as Microsoft Word, though it is a better program. This means that fewer third party products support WordPerfect.
November 10, 2017
Chelsea H.
writer/editor
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
September 5, 2017

“Tried and True, Easy to Use”

ProsThis software is basic, easy, and has all of the usual features you know and love. It's user-friendly, has good customer support online and is everything you need in a processor.
ConsI like everything about it. I don't feel like there is really anything to hate about it, to be honest. Sometimes it can be slow but that's with any software honestly.
September 5, 2017
Civic & Social Organization, Self-employed

“Why WordPerfect”

OverallOutstanding experience!
ProsI learned to type using WordPerfect. My absolute favorite software!
ConsI love everything about this software.

“Great!”

ProsMicrosoft has awesome software products that are very easy to use!
ConsSometimes, WORDPERFECT freezes or has malfunctions.
David T.
Principal Engineer
Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees
December 28, 2018

“Used to be a fabulous product, and now are not as dependable.”

OverallI'm a professional engineer and have used WordPerfect/QuatroPro since 1991. I have depended on these products to create masterful documents with complex computational tables which have greatly simplified my work. 20 years ago WordPerfect made frequent improvements in their product. I've stopped using these products because they constantly crash, are arduous to get WP Tables to work well. It now takes much longer due to program glitches and frequent lockups, to get tables to work as they did before. I swore I'd never move to Word and Excel, but I've had to in order to get better performance then WP/QP. I'm done with Corel altogether.
Pros25 years ago I liked that WP kept improving their engine and add-ons. They ran flawlessly.
ConsWP is no longer smooth as it was and I sense no efforts to improve dwindling performance. They advertise the "Improved" WP upgrades but dont list a single improvement, because there arent' any.
December 28, 2018
Michael H.
EHS
Facilities Services, 501-1000 employees
March 24, 2019

“Very Good Product”

ProsEase of use. Drop down menu's. Compatibility.
ConsNone to date. Some features could be improved.
March 24, 2019
MARGARITA P.
Auxiliar administrativo
February 14, 2018

“ I think it's a software that everyone should have in their office. ”

OverallI like it a lot and I highly recommend it.
Prosa good software very functional and intuitive easy to use and necessary to create documents. i like very much.
ConsI do not like the cost of it being sold but it could be a little cheaper to be accessible to everyone.
February 14, 2018
December 29, 2017

“I love it!”

OverallIt meets all of our office needs on a daily basis.
ProsIt makes it so simple to create new documents or copy and paste portions of old documents to make then new. Love that I can print screen and paste it with no distortion or changes in the process
December 29, 2017
Real Estate, 1-10 employees

“Love it”

ProsWordPerfect is great for so many reasons. The least of which is NOT that it allows you to break free from the Microsoft stranglehold. It is a great program. Based out of Utah which is my home state. Very similar to Word without trying to copy it.
ConsThe biggest thing is that not very many people use WordPerfect so a lot of times, I ended up switching workspaces and having to finish using Word.
Construction, 11-50 employees
August 7, 2018

“This is the best software I've ever used for creating top-notch documents.”

ProsWordPerfect is great for producing documents. It is really easy to apply styles throughout a document for consistency and professional looking results. The price is also reasonable for all the features you get.
ConsThere is a bit of a learning curve that occurs if you want to take advantage of the more advanced features. It also helps if you have an intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Word as you can then master more of the advanced features quickly.
August 7, 2018
Chris N.
Teacher
Education Management, 51-200 employees
December 22, 2018

“Great Alternative”

ProsWhile everyone knows that MS Office is the most common, that doesn't make it the best. Wordperfect is a great alternative to the normal MS Office suite. I've been using WP in one manner or another for decades and I love it.
ConsThere can be a number of difficulties when transferring file formats or going between Word and Wordperfect, despite the improvements made over the years.
December 22, 2018
Barbi G.
Writer, Administrative Assistant
Internet, 201-500 employees
May 16, 2018

“WordPerfect Office offers an alternative to publishing tools for various users.”

OverallGood word processing option for beginners; includes basic operations of a word processing documents as well as spreadsheets and power points.
ProsWordperfect Office offers the ability to create MS Office compatible documents, power points, spreadsheets, and more. Users can save to different formats, and use ebook publisher options.
ConsHelp resources are not dedicated as compared to MS Office programs.; no translation options are available.
May 16, 2018
Jatin S.
Business Analyst
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
August 28, 2019

“All documentation purposes served”

OverallIt is a great software to create professional looking documents.
ProsGives a formal and professional look to created documents. All the texts and images are perfectly aligned. Everything seems to be proportionate.
ConsNothing that I disliked about this software. I would easily prefer this over MS Office without any second thought.
Laura L.
Administrative & Reservation Manager
May 4, 2018

“Love word perfect”

Overallbest properties for making labels, much easier than word
ProsReveal codes. Makes it so much easier to find errors and fix them. You can easily locate the issue and change it just by looking through the reveal codes
Conscompatibility, does not transition well with windows. I think that windows makes it incompatible with it because it wants you to use microsoft
May 4, 2018
Lisa D.
Billing Specialist
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
June 5, 2018

“I have used WordPerfect since the first version many years ago.”

OverallThe ability to open different processing documents and modify them using the features available in the program.
ProsI like the number of files that it can read. I also like the ability to modify any project that I am working on.
ConsIt takes so long to open on any system I have it installed. I understand that the features it offers may be the reason for this.
June 5, 2018
Mary R.
Of Counsel
February 27, 2018

“I have used this software since college and have been happy with its ease of use and functionality.”

OverallIt is user-friendly in setting up a table of contents and list of authorities, as well as paginating a brief with multiple page numbering styles.
ProsThis data processing software allows the user to view the coding behind the scenes with the "reveal
ConsThe software lacks an editing tracking feature which would be very useful in document drafting collaboration.
February 27, 2018
Zachary K.
IT Tech
November 1, 2017

“Word perfect could solve your needs”

ProsWord perfect is awful similar to Microsoft word. What separates it most in my opinion is it's layout and it's price. The price is sometimes 80% cheaper. I've purchased 5 licenses for the cost of just one Microsoft office product.
ConsThe layout can be tough to navigate if your already familiar with Microsoft word. Although this will easily be overcome with a tutorial
November 1, 2017
Julie C.
Art & Media Specialist
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees
August 30, 2019

“Not My Favorite Anymore”

OverallAs much as I personally would choose this Suite over Microsoft any day, it's not the one my school uses.
ProsThis suite of programs is easy to use and has everything that Microsoft has in their suite of programs.
ConsUnfortunately, when I've used WordPerfect instead of other word processing programs, I've had some issues with formatting changing between programs.
August 30, 2019
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
May 28, 2019

“Excellent Word Processor”

OverallI have used WordPerfect to create bulletins and newsletters. Now that we are moving to a Macintosh platform, I am moving to Microsoft Office. There are a lot of details that I will miss about WordPerfect.
ProsWordPerfect has tons of formatting features. Being able to write Macros is a definite plus.
ConsNo longer available on the Macintosh platform.
May 28, 2019
Retail, 201-500 employees
June 20, 2019

“Good word processing platform”

OverallI would recommend this for people who really aren't that familiar with word processing documents/platforms. I say this because the features are a bit lacking , which makes it simpler to use. I personally needed more features for what I had in mind.
ProsI used this a few years back partially for my business, partially for personal use. It was a decent platform for word processing and document creation. I found some of the features lacking however and since then have been using other word documents instead, such as Excel.
ConsFeatures are lacking but a decent platform for beginners of word processing .
June 20, 2019
Oriana Veruska G.
Accounting, 51-200 employees
August 27, 2018

“Solid software, but wont replace word in the near future”

OverallIf someone is on a tight budget and cant afford an office license, and that is in charge of writing repetitive documents then wordperfect might be the perfect software for you, otherwise I would definetly stick with word.
ProsSomething that wordperfect has on it's favor compared to microsoft word is how significantly cheaper it is compared to it, and for someone who is constantly writing repetitive documents I can really see the appeal since quick words will make your life easier
ConsI don't see wordperfect as a replacement for word, it has fewer capabilities than microsoft software and if you are already running office then it is not worth it on getting this license.
August 27, 2018
May 3, 2018

“WordPerfect Office is fantastic! ”

OverallCorel is very innovative and user friendly!
ProsWordPerfect Office is so much better than Microsoft Office. I can't begin to explain how much easier document creation is now!
ConsUnfortunately, not as many people use Corel, so sharing can be tricky, but it's AMAZING! I wish everyone used it!
May 3, 2018
Yosimar M.
Physical Therapist
May 17, 2018

“Good software for writing papers”

OverallIt really depends on what you will be using it for, it has to be something really specialized since word already offers the same and it comes in the office package.
ProsWordperfect is a really handy software, I have used it while writing papers and medical journals, since you have to be really accurate with the word counts and this software helps a lot while counting them without having to rely on clicking several options such as word.
ConsIn spite of the word count option, word is just superior in my opinion, it has so many functions that wordperfect lacks, also there are some issues with the fonts that can really mess up your work.
May 17, 2018