Paperspace Ratings

Overall
2.3/5
3.2/5

About Paperspace

Fast virtual desktops to supercharge your business with the next generation of computing infrastructure. Learn more about Paperspace

Computer Games, Self-employed
September 23, 2019

“My online windows PC, access through any web browser”

OverallVery positive experience with Paperspace. Support ticket got handled very quickly.
ProsKeeps all of my work related programs, settings and everything all in one place with backups. I can comfortably travel and access my desktop environment from anywhere in the world. Everything is in place just where I left off so I never have to worry about it. Use different computers anytime, and still have everything ready. It is very affordable, choose hourly rate. Its pretty simple and easy.
ConsWhere ever you might be traveling, if your internet connection is not great where you are, it can seem a little sluggish using an online virtual environment. But nothing you can't plan ahead for, and its been pretty rare for me.
September 23, 2019
Amanda R.
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
September 29, 2019

“Solved A Huge Problem For Me!”

ProsI run marketing campaigns for my clients and each client has their own setup that must run 24/7. This software allows me to store and run an infinite number of client accounts without slowing down my actual computer! Even more importantly, it gives me the peace of mind that if something should happen to my laptop, all of my clients accounts will remain safe and keep running. Even if I have to replace my laptop. Furthermore, customer supporr has been great!! They really go above and beyond to ensure you have what you need.
ConsIt has a little bit of a lag. I've upgraded my account which helped a lot, but it is still there just a tad.
September 29, 2019
David S.
company owner
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
August 26, 2017

“Buggy, random standard shortcut changes, poor response from customer service. Overall pice of junk.”

OverallPrtability
ProsThe price is acceptable/low. Platform fairly easy to set up. Generally works well when first started.
ConsStandard Windows shortcuts sometimes work and sometimes don't, usually changing in the same session, forcing a disconnection/reconnection or sometimes a restart. Sometimes recognize Shift+key commands rather than the standard key command (e.g., types # instead of 3). Cursor suddenly disappears. Recognizes web page shortcuts unpredictably (page down sometimes moves the page down and sometimes switches to the next browser tab, typing in a browser search window sometimes works and sometimes activates shortcuts, like typing an S sometimes activates a save command, et c., et c., et c.)
August 26, 2017
Nikita D.
Internet Marketing
Restaurants, 1001-5000 employees
January 4, 2019

“Take money for nothing. No refund.”

OverallI choose auto-shutdown option for my machine. It was not shutdown because of some internal error. I did error report to support. Then I saw the bill for 20 days of machine time. They just get money for nothing and say there is no any issue of their side (its lie). I hope they earn enough money from me. I delete my account and do not recommend to use it.
ProsEasy to use, good perfomance, reasonable price
ConsBad support and costumer service. Take money for nothing.
January 4, 2019
Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees
September 21, 2018

“Very good virtual desktop”

OverallReally like the concept and the people behind Paperspace. Service is top-notch.
ProsThe easy of deployment of machines, speed, uptime, everything :)
ConsThe interface has some lag (administration)
September 21, 2018
Cynthia G.
Software
July 20, 2018

“Horrible customer support and business practices ”

ProsNothing - I never saw the machine running. They have no live support - the support supposedly replies within 24 hours - never heard back.
ConsBack in January 2018 - I followed the directions to create and set up a machine. When setting my machine up all I got was a spinning wheel. After 20 mins of the spinning wheel I gave up and wrote them there was some thing wrong. There was an instruction in their support page to notify them if the machine didn't provision within 10 minutes. They have no online support or phone to call. After writing to support to tell them the machine never provisioned I left the site and did not return. A month later I find a charge! It never started and I had no clue that it was running - it started up after I left. Even though I wrote them to let them know the provisioning failed. - They refuse to refund this charge. I am filing a complaint with the federal trade commission and encourage your users to work with a different company.
July 20, 2018
Dawid K.
Developer
May 15, 2018

“can't login - wait for answer since weeks”

OverallNO benefits. Choose other options
ProsThe virtual machines are quite fast and the usability is ok. I only had a problem at the beginning to choose the right machine for my task.
ConsThe support is bad. I'm waiting for an answer since weeks. I have login problems. I tried to reset my passwort but never received an email. Also the referral program seems not working. I send the link to a friend and never got the money to my account. The pricing is also bad. I choosed the wrong OS for my virtual machine. It was necessary to create a new one. They charged my money for a few seconds of storage. :-(
May 15, 2018
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
February 14, 2019

“[SCAM] Charges your debit card even after virtual machine deactivation.”

ProsPros are definitely not worth the shady charges done onto your debit card. Total scam.
ConsCharges your debit card even after virtual machine deactivation. PLUS, to add salt to the wound, they REACTIVATE your DEACTIVATED account to CHARGE YOU AGAIN. Recently one of my accounts got reactivated in January and a January charge was found. (???!!!) Even though this account was deactivated back in December 2018. Activated a support ticket in December after I found out that they have been charging me monthly for ONE YEAR. (2017 - 2018), plus they only refunded half of what they charged me for. Also, even after I suggested them to at least provide a notification that your account has some service you're using that's charging you money, no change has been done onto the website. It's designed to not let you know that they're going to siphon money out of your bank account. Stay away from this service at all costs.
February 14, 2019
Research, 201-500 employees
June 25, 2019

“Service is often unavailable and bad”

ProsEase of use and of setting up virtual machines and servers.
ConsSupport is practically inexistent. The website will often be unable to recognize your login, preventing use of the service. The console is very unresponsive, and may take several minutes for merely turning a VM on or off.
June 25, 2019
Computer Software, Self-employed
May 1, 2019

“Total scam”

OverallDo not use this. Other alternatives might be more expensive but at least will not steal you!
ProsThey have cheap pricing and easy user interface.
ConsDecided not to use this anymore. Turned off all the servers. After a month there was a still a server running. Why? (I am totally sure I turned everything off) And they continued to charge money. They never send alert emails. Why?
May 1, 2019
Brian R.
March 17, 2018

“Lousy Machine - Excel file won't even filter a row without hanging for time and eternity”

ProsI loved the idea of using a powerful machine and not having to go out and buy a new machine to work on larger excel files, however I have been extremely disappointed and support has been non-existent. Bummer
ConsIs not as powerful as it should be given the so-called 'specs'. Hangs/locks/crashes when using Microsoft 2016. I just sat for 8 minutes to filter one column.
March 17, 2018
Shannon W.
SEM Marketing
April 11, 2018

“Great way to access windows applications on a Mac”

ProsI needed this program to open windows programs on a Mac. This made it possible to do that - and without spending a lot of money. It's really easy to use, isn't very "buggy" and is affordable.
ConsIf you need to upload large files to the virtual windows computer, I would NOT suggest dragging and dropping them. It probably won't work.
April 11, 2018
Ryan H.
Software Developer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
September 17, 2018

“Good idea. Terrible customer support”

OverallOverall cheap and easy to setup, but the terrible customer support are causing them to lose substantial amount of potential customers. A lot of the advanced machine are not available, and support tickets for increasing limits never got responses. Their billing system is deeply fraud, and they seem to struggle to find a better solution than resolving to a predatory strategy. Strongly advise against using their service. You will get much better values from GCP or AWS.
ProsEasy to setup. User-friendly UIs. Good tutorials.
ConsTerrible billing system. Customer Support talks weeks, even months to respond.
September 17, 2018
May 1, 2018

“SCAM”

ProsIt looks nice. Its a great idea. The UI is easy to understand. Easy to sign up. The VMs are okay.
ConsThey don't stop charging you even after cancelling the service. The customer support is a 0 out of 5 They tell you how and how not to use the service you are paying for
May 1, 2018